[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you think is a lock for Smash 5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 462
Thread images: 90

Who do you think is a lock for Smash 5?
>>
Chrom
Camilla
Violent Palutena
>>
>>324155741

You do realize we're not going to get this game for another like, 8 or 9 years, right?
>>
Mario
>>
>>324155741
Fire Emblem 15 or 16's protagonist and/or avatar unit
>>
>fire emblem characters the game

>not Ridley

>not k. Rool

>not Isaac

>not ray mkIII

>not chibi robo

Kill me
>>
>>324156825
There was only a 6 year gap between Brawl and Wii U/3DS
>>
>>324155741
Jigglypuff
>>
File: KingKRoolHeader_zps8d2d4cde.png (391KB, 946x541px) Image search: [Google]
KingKRoolHeader_zps8d2d4cde.png
391KB, 946x541px
>>324156825
So what?
Doesn't mean that Smash discussion should die. Hell, when Brawl's roster got leaked I was already speculating on Smash For's roster, and the same with the next one.

If people are loud enough, we'll likely see pic related.
>>
File: 1428051505274.png (265KB, 599x867px) Image search: [Google]
1428051505274.png
265KB, 599x867px
They are the only newcomer I think is a legitimate lock in some form or another.
>>
More anime sword guys
>>
>>324157642
nah
>>
>>324157467
>Isaac
An adept was all I ever wanted.
>>
>Ice Climbers
>Inkling/Squid Sisters
>more Fire Emblem
>new pokemon of the week
>Elma
>>
Inklings
That's the only character you can 100% guarantee will be a newcomer.
>>
>>324158137
Go ahead and let them try to exclude K. Rool again. It'll be Ridley times ten.
>>
>>324158503
He really isn't relevant to the DK franchise anymore. There's more of a chance of Dixie and Cranky getting in before him.
>>
>>324158727
>relevant
Fuck that shit. We're losing great characters to FotM faggots like Corrin and Shulk and blatant adverts and favors like Cloud and Bayonetta.

Relevancy does not matter and should not be a factor.
>>
R H Y T H M H E A V E N
H
Y
T
H
M

H
E
A
V
E
N
>>
Chrom
Hector
Lon'qu
Henry
Gregor
Purple boob lady
Red haired guy from the Corrin trailer
That crazy guy from Awakening
Nowi
Cordelia
That lobster villain from awakening
The thief from awakening

DLC:
Diddy Kong
>>
Wonder Red
>>
File: kermitface.png (48KB, 239x188px) Image search: [Google]
kermitface.png
48KB, 239x188px
Inklings, definitely. No way Nintendo EAD's newest and successful IP won't be majorly represented in Smash at some point.

Everyone else, who knows. What's important to note that when looking at the first party newcomers in Smash 4, the only ones that could of possibly been in Brawl were Villager and Duck Hunt.

Greninja, Dark Pit, Rosalina & Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, Corrin, Robin and Shulk didn't exist during Brawl's planning period in 2005 so there's no way they could of been in. Palutena, Little Mac and Bowser Jr. did exist before then, but it was really only because of the successes of Punch-Out!! Wii, Kid Icarus Uprising and the New Super Mario Bros. games that they got in, all three post Brawl games.

So really, the newcomers of Smash 4 basically depend on what Nintendo's going to do in the future. Obviously Gamefreak and Intelligent Systems will produce more Pokemon and Fire Emblem games with new mascots and protagonists to include in the next Smash game. Maybe Nintendo will revive Mysterious Murasame Castle and promote Takamaru from assist trophy into a playable character much like Little Mac. Perhaps Retro Studios will produce another DKC game with K. Rool as the main villain, blasting him back into relevance and in the spotlight. We'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>324158931
This.

Smash used to be a gathering of Nintendo icons and history. That was the appeal. Now it's just used as an advertising tool to shill the most recently dropped diarreah. As if Nintendo is taking example from Playstation All-Star's footsteps.
>>
>>324157927
Inklings are almost a guarentee.

Any unique characters from sm4sh are probally going to return aswell
>>
File: decina.png (165KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
decina.png
165KB, 500x500px
>>324155741
Do you think Sakurai will come back? He's said developing Smash games kill him, and this time he was actually injured for it. If he doesn't, how will it affect the roster?
>>
>>324157642
King K. Rool will only have a chance if he returns in the next DKC game.
>>
>>324159918
The only characters that kinda do advertise new games are some of the Fire Emblem characters (particularly Roy in Melee and Corrin).

Otherwise I think greatly aggregate the whole "Smash is just for promotion!" thing. What exactly are characters like Little Mac, Palutena and even Robin advertising, exactly? PO!! Wii, KIU and FEA all came out years before Smash 4 arrived in late 2014.
>>
>>324159970
No Sakurai means less undeserved FE and KI favortism. Even if a new guy would be a shit that's biased towards something else I'll gladly take it.
>>
>>324155741
I think Bayonetta is a lock considering she won the damn Ballot and Nintendo has good relations with Platinum and Sega.
>>
File: kongs.png (479KB, 536x627px) Image search: [Google]
kongs.png
479KB, 536x627px
One of these three.
Possibly two.
>>
File: h.gif (2MB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
h.gif
2MB, 250x229px
OH SHIT /V/ YOU JUST GOT PUT IN CHARGE OF SMASH 5S DEVELOPMENT.

BUT FIRST YOU MUST ANSWER ONE SIMPLE QUESTION

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WITH GANONDORF

>Keep Him the Same
>Make him use alot of Magic Attacks from throughout the series, large inspiration from OoT
>One Sword Ganon, Largely based on Twilight Princess
>Two Sword CUHRAZY Ganon from Wind Waker/Hyrule Warriors
>Fuck Ganondorf, Put in Ganon instead
>>
>>324159970

Well, he is the problem itself with why Smash is now pure garbage so him leaving would be good.

He even managed to approve the items in Smash 4, which are absolute no-fun garbage despite him loving casual play. Not to mention:

>Hurrr durr no cutscenes because people will just watch them on youtube duuurrrrrr

Lazy asshole.
>>
>>324158931
Shulk is fine, he represents a new franchise. Corrin is glaring.
>>
>>324160235
>she won the damn Ballot

*of "realizable" characters
**realizable means fuck you
>>
>>324160472
https://youtu.be/szggXY8k99I
Two ganons, and make them like this.
>>
>>324159918
What icons do you think are left?
>>
Indie characters
>>
>>324160472
HW Ganondorf would be the hypest shit.
>>
>>324160472
I might get flak on this, but i'd give him a one sword moveset with some magic, then transplant his current moveset onto either Black Shadow or Hades.
>>
>>324160585
Just because you're a salty K.Rool or Wolffag doesn't mean Bayonetta didn't win the Ballot fair and square.
>>
>>324159918
Smash has been advertising since Melee
>>
>>324160704
Krystal
>>
>>324160118
Pit was in Brawl even when his last appearance was on Game Boy
>>
>>324160861
He was also the main character of his game, that didn't have any prior reps.
>>
>>324160194
Wasn't Corrin added because the dev team urged Sakurai that he'd be a unique addition?

Saying that no Sakurai means less FE doesn't make sense then when the next director would probably listen to the Japanese audience more and pander to them and forget the western audience.
>>
>>324160472
Rework him like they did Bowser but keep him mostly the same
>>
Inkling
Ice Climbers
Isabelle
Maybe Elma?

Those are the only characters I would consider are locked in

As far as Smash 4 I was pretty sure Palutena, Pac-Man and Mewtwo were locked in. I suppose I was half right on that last one.
>>
>>324155741
There wont be a smash 5. Just a melee HD and a remake of smash 4 for the NX.
>>
Inkling is locked in, will probably be the first Newcomer revealed. I think most of 4's roster is going to return, barring Lucina, Doc Mario, and Dark Pit. The 3rd Parties are give or take, I can see Mega Man, Pac, Sonic returning, but Ryu and Cloud are more difficult to pin, they may not be in the vanilla roster. Bayo I think could be, Nintendo has a solid enough relationship with Platinum and Sega that I can see her coming back in the starting roster.

The rest of 4's roster I think is pretty set to return.
>>
File: 1444381498291.gif (4MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1444381498291.gif
4MB, 294x233px
>>324161923
>Melee HD
>>
>>324162002
Dude if sonic and mega man get back in there is literally no reason bayo and ryu cant. Platinum doesnt even own the rights to Bayo, sega does.
>>
>>324160472
Easy.

>Add Black Shadow
>Give him Dorf's move set
>Give Dorf his sword from TP
>Design move set based around that, his magic, and other appearances
>>
>>324162263
>sega does.
Nicely meme'd.
>>
File: image.gif (962KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
962KB, 384x216px
We won't know until years of Nintendo pass for their to be enough changes

If you asked this question a year after Brawl, you still wouldn't get the right answer

Punch Out Wii made Little Mac Relevant in 2009

Kid Icarus Uprising in 2012 retooled Pit as wel as giving Relevancy to Palutena and Dark Pit

The NSMB series as well as other spin offs like Sticker Star and Dream Team and Party 9 etc gave Jr the moveset of being in his Clown car

Awakening in 2012 gave relevancy to Lucina and Robin

Xenoblade Chronocles etc etc

You get what I'm saying?

It's literally impossible to predict Smash 5's roster when modern newer games change something or make a new IP that becomes at the time to be included

The closet we have as a sure fire prediction that can still go both ways, is Splatoon succeeding in being popular to an extent
>>
>>324162476
Sakurai said he really wanted to put Takamaru put in the game, but he made him an assist trophy because he felt literally no one would know who he was.
>>
>>324162639
Gonna need a source on that, man.
>>
>>324156985
Nah, I highly doubt it.
>>
>>324162639
Well he was right. I didn't know who Takamaru was until Nintendoland.
>>
>>324162858
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/takamaru-originally-planned-as-playable-character-in-super-smash-bros
>>
>Inklings
>[Rhythm Heaven character]
>Toad
>Ice Climbers return

don't know beyond this
>>
I don't think there' stoning to be a Smash 5, unless they also bring back the 3rd parties. Because there's nothing they can really do to top Cloud and Ryu.
>>
>>324163059
>http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/takamaru-originally-planned-as-playable-character-in-super-smash-bros
Cool, thank you.

That's a shame, but it's not like he's incorrect. I'm still thinking that Nintendo is planning a Murasame Castle reboot.
>>
>>324163489
>thats what retros secret project is
>>
File: inkling_wall.png (437KB, 498x492px) Image search: [Google]
inkling_wall.png
437KB, 498x492px
>>324155741
>All But Confirmed Tier
Inklings
Ice Climbers
New Mario rep
New Fire Emblem rep
New Pokemon rep
>Very Likely Tier
King K. Rool
Bandana Dee
Wolf
>Good Chances Tier
Rhythm Heaven rep
Takamaru

too lazy to think of the rest
>>
hopefully they're not afraid to make a few deep cuts into certain franchises if the (niche) character's could potentially lend some cool gameplay catches. people guess Sakurai's logic up and down but he's made it directly clear he's picking newcomers with current relevance from still-continuous franchises, with exceptions made for major titles for their time (ie Duck Hunt, 40 mil+ sold title synonymous with the NES)
>>
>>324160472
Make him the Gen of Smash. Down-B changes his fighting style.
>>
>>324163259
>Because there's nothing they can really do to top Cloud and Ryu.
Captain King
>>
>>324155741
It's gonna be another 6 years before it comes out.
>>
>All these Inklings

The game's gonna be irrelevant in 5 years at the most.
>>
how many characters do you think Smash could sustain before becoming excessive?

the simpler movesets make me think upper 60's/70 but im just spitballing
>>
>>324163771
No more transforming characters
>>
>>324163876
I mean, we're at 58 for Smash 4, right? With maybe 10 characters that play similarly to other characters? They could easily go for another 10 without getting too absurd.
>>
>>324157642
>Smash discussion.
>A bunch of manchildren screaming over who the crippled asian has time to put into his strict game roster.
>>
>>324163862
I remember in a presentation not too long ago, Inklings were featured alongside really popular Nintendo IPs

It seems like Nintendo really wants to ride the Splatoon train, and it makes a lot of sense
>a Wii U game that's actually popular in Japan
>the first new IP they've made that people actually liked (Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Western didn't really work out)
>sold incredibly well for a new IP
>>
>>324163876
To be honest I really don't see a reason to stop other than screen space. There are lots of games with huge rosters moving into their 100's. Smash could def be one of those games.
>>
>>324164401
>with rosters moving into the 100s

>>
>>324157642
Don't encourage "loud" to get what you want. Being "loud" is why Ridley and K. Rool got shit on so much. A loud minority isn't going to get what they want anyways. You're only encouraging people to get fed up with you and not support your decision.
>>
>>324164542
Moba's like Dota and LoL, Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Mario Maker technically.
>>
>>324159738
Inklings are likely, I just think the reason why they weren't FULLY playable in 4 is probably due to their ink mechanic has to be done from the ground up in the game's engine rather than just being supplementary to it.

I think we might see one other Punch-Out!! boxer and even if we don't it's not gonna be worth making 800 angry posts about why Sakurai is a cheat and jew for not including him. Sandman in Smash 5 would be fucking sweet, though

I think Nintendo giving a nod to their obscure past feels like the right thing to do. Ice Climber, Pit, Rob and Duck Hunt were kind of the right thing to do in their respective Smash games.

They should retire Kanto Pokemon Stadium and replace it with the Pokemon World Tournament. There's nothing wrong with recycling stages from past games, but if there's not noticeable touch-ups to them, why even bother?

I think fans should have input on content OTHER THAN CHARACTERS. Brawl seemed to have that, I think. It would have been nice if certain tracks were represented like Pro Wrestling getting a track in WVBA ring or Wrecking Crew '98's theme being remastered.

Pilotwings 64 needs a nod too, fuck that Mii shit.
>>
File: Hitmonchan.jpg (16KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hitmonchan.jpg
16KB, 417x500px
Hitmochan as a Lil Mac clone
Hitmonlee as a Ryu Clone minus Shoryuken.
>>
>>324155741

fox, mario, luigi and a couple more high profile nintendo characters

then 35 literally who anime swordsmen
>>
File: 1410636874825.jpg (33KB, 374x216px) Image search: [Google]
1410636874825.jpg
33KB, 374x216px
>>324160779
Bayofags are truly insufferable and are the worst part of the character getting in.
All you faggots do when someone points out Sakurai's bias and favoritism or point out that Bayonetta is wayyyyyyy too far in development to have been the ballot winner is say "R U LE SALTY?????? XD"
Please go back to reddit. Jack Cayman would have been a better Platinum rep anyways.
>>
ssb should come out every year

that would be dope shit
>>
Also, it would be interesting if there were trophy, Pokeball and assist trophy suggestions.

The latter having a requirement of describing how they would work. Does no good to just namedrop a character just because. Like imagine a Bald Bull Assist trophy or summoning a Braviary that uses Sky Drop on a random opponent.
>>
>>324165498
>game takes a few years to have ~50 characters + music, stages, items, etc.
>taking a few months to make one character is unreasonable
>>
>>324165334
Keep the salt in the cupboards, anon.
>>
>>324165706

id love if 5 came out like holiday 2017 instead of waiting ~7 years for one of the last nintendo franchises anybody buys
>>
>>324155741
Mario
>>
>>324166096
Fat chance. Can't wait for you Mariofags to be BTFO
>>
Inkling is the only surefire lock
>>
>>324165706
How about instead, they make a system with a respectable storage size, and keep adding onto Smash for that system indefinitely? Not just roster picks, but new modes n'shit.
>>
>>324166598
This is what I want. Just port Sm4sh over to NX and keep adding characters, modes, stages, etc.
>>
>>324166515
Let's be real, 6 sword wielding animus are the only surefire lock.
>>
>>324157927
I was thinking about that and I thought what if they went with the Squid Sisters with Marie and Callie being costumes for each other?
The inklings make sense, but I feel like that would be something they would do
>>
Ice Climbers will return since 3DS technical problems won't be an issue
Inklings are Nintendo's new hot shit
Alph might get his own slot like Lucy and Pitto did.
>>
>>324166730
I could see them being an alternate costume each actually. If they do the costumes like they did for Smash 4, 3 boy, 3 girl, then a Callie alt and a Marie alt.
>>
>Whatever the Pokemon company is trying to push as their new mascot mon for Gen 7 or 8 (whichever one is current when the game is released)
>Inkling
>Lolo or Bubbles for the retro rep
>Saki or that Ninja guy who barely became an AT
>Isaac
>>
>>324166705
THIS
THIIIIIIIIIIISS
Whe should be getting characters up till ash 5 releases instead of waiting 7 years for our ballot picks to have a chance again.
I really want Banjo and Kazooie to be Smash 5's Mega Man reveal.
>>
>>324167618
>Banjo and Kazooie
Let it go, N64-babby.
>>
>>324167916
>N64
>babby
Fuck off old man
>>
File: 1448863153225.png (346KB, 900x867px) Image search: [Google]
1448863153225.png
346KB, 900x867px
>>324160472
I'd remove custom movesets and implement "alters" for characters and these would have said custom moves. Ganondorf would remain the same to please those already accustomed to his moveset. His alter would be Demise and I'd give him sword bullshit and magic.
>>
>>324168041
In 15 years, you'll be bitching about the same thing for Smash 6 and still get your bara bear and farty bird BTFO while Jibanyan is the new 3rd party rep.
>>
This is sort of an embarrassing question since I've been playing since 64, but I've only just started playing more "seriously". I found Yoshi to be my main for Smash 4, sucking the least with him. But the stupid question is, when the hell am I supposed to use egg lay anyway? I have to come to a complete stop to use it, and it doesn't seem to last long enough to really deal out damage. I would have been better off just using an attack, no? And I don't think you can smash anyone off the stage while they're in the egg.
>>
>>324163940
Pretty sure Sakurai only removed transforming because of the 3DS's memory limitations.
>>
>>324160472
I main the Dorf. Keep him the same. With some slight buffs, of course.

>Little Mac having more Super Armor than Ganondorf
nah, fuck off Sakurai
>>
>>324160740
Yeah anon, you might get some flak for suggesting the most stale, cookie cutter solution to Ganondorf's moveset.
>>
>>324168498
Literally who? Fuck off, weeb
>>
>>324163694
>K ROOL
>Very likely

a literal who thats not been relevant for about 20 years wont get in
>>
File: kgngwy9LKs-2.png (55KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
kgngwy9LKs-2.png
55KB, 300x250px
>>324160472
>>Make him use alot of Magic Attacks from throughout the series, large inspiration from OoT
This. Give him an energy projectile that can be reflected, but speeds up every time and play tennis with it until it becomes insanely powerful.
>>
>>324169436
>I main him
This has never been a good defense of any character ever. You can learn a new one. The idea of Smash is every character is easy to pick up because you don't have to memorize button inputs.
>>
Give DK his Coconut Gun as a custom move
Get rid of magnet ledges, characters can not grab a ledge unless they're facing it.
Nerf recoveries across the board
S L I G H T L Y increase gravity. Nowhere near Melee's awful brick gravity
Jump momentum
NEW MECHANIC
Air grabs
>Can be used in the air but you cannot pummel the target and you cannot hold them for longer than half a second, must input a throw direction or the target is released
>If facing away from a ledge, can be used to reach out and grab the ledge without falling to your doom or to simply extend the range of which you grab the ledge if you are facing it
>>
>people who want zero fire emblem reps at all
>people who dislike fire emblem
I'll never understand this
>>
>>324169643
>ROB
>Lucas
>Ness
>Jigglypuff
>Marth

Relevancy has nothing to do with it kiddo
>>
>>324170297
NaCl
>>
>>324155741
Inkling is a given
Wonder Red maybe
Ryu Hayabusa
Master Chief
Hades
Viridi (maybe, I wouldn't be surprised)
Ridley (maybe)
>>
>>324170430
>>Lucas
His game was 2 years old when he made his Smash debut.
>>
>>324170430
ROB/Ness/Jiggly and Marth are all iconic

Lucas was big in japan.

K rool isnt iconic, and he isnt popular.
>>
>>324170297
Marth can stay I suppose. Ike is unique enough too. But if we get ANYONE else, they shouldn't be a fucking swordsman. It's not a good cross-section of the characters available.
>>
>>324170849
The only FE character that should be removed is Lucina. She should be a Marth Alt skin. The rest are fine.

Roy gets a pass because hes our boy
>>
>>324170849
> they shouldn't be a fucking swordsman.

blame intelligent systems for making most of the main protagonists of their games sword-wielders.
>>
File: Advance-Wars-Art.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Advance-Wars-Art.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
>>324155741
Maybe they could stop pretending Advance Wars wasn't a thing?

I wouldn't complain about a new entry in the series, in the meantime either.
>>
>>324170585
>K. Rool isn't popular
Which is why he was one of 4chan, Reddit, Tumblr, and Twitter's top picks since the ballot began and got a costume in the game, as well?
I didn't even vote for or really even want K. Rool that much btw so don't bother spouting memes and LE SALT! LE SALT!!!!

>>324170580
>>324170585
Those characters are iconic to non-normalfags. So is K. Rool.
The only reason Marth and Jiggly are "iconic" is because of Smash.
>>
>>324169436
>Little Mac having more Super Armor than Ganondorf

Well, Mac needs all that super armor on his smash attacks to compensate for his lack of proper aerials, which Ganondorf has.
>>
File: infantry.jpg (68KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
infantry.jpg
68KB, 400x240px
>>324171280
>Maybe they could stop pretending Advance Wars wasn't a thing?

hi
>>
>>324171258
That's another thing. Maybe we don't need to always use main protagonists, either. Especially with a series like Fire Emblem where people either know the characters or don't at all.
>>
>>324171289
>Those characters are iconic to non-normalfags. So is K. Rool.

Textbook definition of reaching.
>>
>>324171670
A good assist trophy, but if Fire Emblem gets as many reps as they have, they can spare one for a series that was as big as AW/BW
>>
>>324171694
>Maybe we don't need to always use main protagonists, either

Get out of here Capcom. Of course it makes sense to use the main characters or mascot of a series to represent it. You can't represent Super Mario without Mario.
>>
>>324155741
If I have any luck at all, Robin, Corrin, and Palutena stay.
>>
>>324155741

they better confirm or deny ridley fast so we can get past the bullshit
>>
>>324171740
>He thinks ONE SINGLE non-gamer would be able to identify Marth, Jiggs, ROB, Lucas, K. Rool, Shulk, or half the smash roster
You're a fucking moron and you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
File: Ridley happy.png (275KB, 359x556px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley happy.png
275KB, 359x556px
Every game he gets closer and closer to being a playable character. It would just be a foolish decision not to add him for Smash 5. Hopefully he gets a new look before then, though.
>>
>>324171872
Consider Marth Fire Emblem's Mario then. Unless you truly believe each individual protagonist of FE was that important.
>>
File: 1443422785797.png (1MB, 827x551px) Image search: [Google]
1443422785797.png
1MB, 827x551px
>>324171126
We don't need Roy or Lucy.
They can both be Marth skins.

Ike's my boy, he needs to stay.
I think Corrin could easily replace Robin, or both stay. I dunno. They're both fairly unique.
>>
File: 1424220888808.jpg (122KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1424220888808.jpg
122KB, 800x750px
>>324172067
Hopefully he gets a new Metroid game to appear in so they can CORRECT his appearance.
>>
>>324171289
K Rool was SO popular right? Remember how he did on the ballot?

Oh right. He lost.
Whoopsie!
>>
File: 1410499644250.jpg (21KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1410499644250.jpg
21KB, 506x556px
>>324171289
>wanting a reddit/tumblr/twitter pick to get in
>>
>>324172203
>>324172067
For some reason I had it in my mind that Ridley was in Project M and I don't know where I got the idea.
I only just found out the truth recently.
>>
>>324171902
>>
>>324172508
Yeah, I like them. What's your point?
>>
>>324172484
Some mod had a Ridley skin, I think. I could have sworn I saw screenshots of it, anyways.
>>
>>324172209
Yeah dude shadow the hedgehog isn't popular either since he also lost the ballot
>>
>>324172508
what do the western ones call themselves?
geeks n gaymers or something?
>>
File: Adult_Ridley.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Adult_Ridley.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>324172203
>No vulture neck
>Oddly ripped, humanoid body
>no spade-tail, but a bowie knife taped to it
>Floppy mouth
>WATCH OUT FOR THOSE POINTY BITS

Other M Ridley was a mistake.
>>
>>324172672
Human beings
>>
>>324160628
If they were to make 2 Ganons, one would have to be Ganon, and one Ganondorf. I like these ideas, but I think the second, magic one would work better. We all know how much everyone would complain about Sword Ganon being yet another swordfighter.
>>
File: 1436116248981.png (291KB, 515x441px) Image search: [Google]
1436116248981.png
291KB, 515x441px
>>324172652
>if going on character popularity alone, we'd probably get a Shadow the Edgehog before Tails or Knuckles
>>
>>324172835
definitely a lie
>>
File: 1448232158040.jpg (68KB, 234x220px) Image search: [Google]
1448232158040.jpg
68KB, 234x220px
>>324173046
>Actually considering Tails as an option

You, I like you
>>
>>324172380
Well >>324172860
Nobody would complain about a Ganondorf swordfighter though
People complain about current swordfighters because half of them are from a series that has multiple different weapon types to choose from and they're still all boring sword users with a counter
>>
>singer lady from #FE

That's it. That's the only one I feel like is probably guaranteed.

It doesn't matter how bad that game done, Sakurai will want her in.
>>
>>324173334
>Doesn't matter how bad that game done

Can we get Henry Fleming too on that philosophy
>>
File: Heavyhead.jpg (13KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
Heavyhead.jpg
13KB, 400x384px
>>324173046
>tfw I would love Shadow as long as he isn't a Sonic clone and has his SA2 personality
Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, and Amy are all higher on my list though
>You now realize Bayonetta killed any chance for another Sonic rep
>>
>>324156825
Kerfuffle threads started literally the day after Brawl released.
>>
>>324155741
OBVIOUSLY Captain Viridian from VVVVVV
and his alt skins will be:
>Chief Verdigris
>Officer Vermillion
>Doctor Victoria
>Professor Vitellary
>Doctor Violet
>>
>>324173650
Amy would be an odd choice, but I'd gladly take any of those.

I want a nice couple options for a proper Nintendo vs. Sega bout. Or Nintendo vs. Capcom, but we almost had that going.
>>
>>324173325
Ike is definitely not boring.
>>
File: 29729273927.jpg (189KB, 1280x1773px) Image search: [Google]
29729273927.jpg
189KB, 1280x1773px
Paper Mario has pretty good odds. Even better if another game comes out before Smash 5

Sakurai added a stage for him, so it's obvious he sees worth in the series, and he's pretty much the only way to represent the Mario's RPG library

Inklings are in no doubt. Nintendo first party franchises are like ALWAYS added

Uhh I guess that Waddle Dee from Kirby could have a chance. I only recently played a few of the recent Kirby games and holy fuck that little dude is in EVERYTHING. If HAL keeps using him I think he's a safe bet.
>>
>>324160808
Since 64, actually. Why do you think there were two Pokemon characters when it was a pretty new IP? Sure, Pokemon's withstood the test of time and was incredibly huge, but it was the only franchise to get more than one representative besides Super Mario.
>>
>>324170297

Fire Emblem is fucking B-list waifu pandering crap.

Frankly, it BARELY deserves one character.
>>
>>324160472
>>324161506
Dorf retains about 80% of his move set but gains a sword
It stays in its hip sheath until needed, maybe along the small of his back like the taunt shows

Changes to A Attacks
A two hit swing on standard a
Up tilt works similar to current one but starts with the sword over his head and slams down, like an automated Roy standard b
other tilts remain identical
Smashes stay the same

New standard air, strong horizontal swing in front. Hits one side like Greninja's front air. Other aerials stay.

Standard B is like the stab alt
Side b works similar but it's an impaling stab with a shock attack, still dashes and launches them down after
Other B's remain

Attacks with sword grant moderate armor, like how Bowser doesn't flinch to certain attacks. Since smashes remain unchanged, this shouldn't be broken
>>
>>324174725
>Paper Mario

Please stop.
>>
>>324175045

What's wrong with him?

He isn't the same person as Mario, and has a completely different set of skills
>>
>>324174969
>"I've only played Awakening"
that's all you had to say
>>
>>324160585
"Realizable" means "Goku will not be playable in Smash you fucking chodes"
>>
>>324175212

No, Awakening brought it up to B-list.

The earlier FE games almost killed the fucking series. They were Z-list shit
>>
>>324175394
You're a bad liar.
>>
>>324175441

It's well known that Awakening saved the fucking series, though
>>
File: 1384477007484.jpg (24KB, 449x417px) Image search: [Google]
1384477007484.jpg
24KB, 449x417px
>>324175508
>one of the worst games
>and the biggest waifu game
>saving it
>>
File: 1424116573767.png (66KB, 387x343px) Image search: [Google]
1424116573767.png
66KB, 387x343px
>>324175045
Look, there's good reason to hate characters like "Doctor Mario" or cop-outs like Toon Link using the same moveset more or less, but Paper Mario is based around completely different moves. Hating him because "too many Marios" is shortsighted.
>>
>>324165264
Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong thread. The Pokken thread's two pages down.
>>
>>324162639

So that pretty much confirms Takamaru then.

Whenever sakurai says that shit about a character, they always get in next time

Like Pacman and Villager
>>
Here's my hopes:

>Dr. Mario, Dark pit, and lucina are all pallete swaps.
>Falco is replaced with Wolf
>Lucario is removed from the game. Replace him with a different fighting type. Maybe Blaziken or Hawlucha.
>Ganon gets his own unique moveset with a trident or some shit.
>inkling is one character with multiple palette swaps.
>keep pacman but make him better.
>>
File: Goodnight sweet princess.jpg (250KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight sweet princess.jpg
250KB, 500x500px
They actually started developing the NX so they could bring Ice Climbers back.
>>
>>324175572

Awakening is shit, yes, but it's the the shiniest turd in the toilet that is the FE franchise.

That's why Fates is more waifu pandering shit.
>>
>>324175614
Doctor Mario was brought back because there were fans that didn't care for FLUDD, but he still wasn't exactly well received.

It's just silly that the same kind of crowd that can throw a shitfit about swords would gladly welcome Mario but in a different format. Yeah, it's not a clone character but it's still Mario.
>>
>>324174152
Ho boy I wonder if you're going to SH nair and Up smash
>>
>>324157927
I'm honestly still suprised the inkling kids didn't make it into smash 4
>>
>>324176168
>it's my fault you play against babies
>>
>>324175904
>Not happening when it's better to either cut them out or keep them separate
>Not happening because fans from Melee
>Not happening because you might as well ask for Pikachu to be replaced with Pachirisu instead of adding in a character with no effect on veterans
>Not happening because fans from Melee
You're only realistically getting the one with the Inkling. Last one is just dependent on what semblance of balance the game will have.
>>
>>324176146
The complaints about clones and the complaints of the same character with completely different moves are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Not liking someone because they are "technically Mario" is not remotely close to not liking someone because their moves are redundant as fuck.
>>
File: smash 5 roster.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smash 5 roster.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Pic related.
>>
-Inklings
-Paper Mario
-Takamaru
-Excitebike, since he's like the last NES retro icon left
-More FE anime swordsmen.
-Whatever new Pokemon is hip and relevant
-MAYBE Waddle Dee. If HAL continues to make him a bigger part of Kirby
>>
>>324176375
It'd be like having another Mega Man based on his MVC moveset and having Classic Sonic with moves that reference his Sonic 3 Shields.

It sounds cool on paper but it'd just feel like the months of manpower would be best spent diversifying the cast instead.
>>
>>324176304
Melee fans don't have jack shit in terms of power over Nintendo. Look how much Smash 4 was changed because they demanded Melee physics. Oh right, it wasn't.
>>
>>324175572
Spot the retard
Awakening sold well because it pandered to lonely permavirgin weebs. Had it not sold well they would have killed the series since like the other anon said, it was Z-list garbage.
Hence why Fates is more lonely permavirgin weeb pandering. It sells.
FE is still a shit series that is only still alive because of smash though
>>
File: Scott P Stare.png (53KB, 624x311px) Image search: [Google]
Scott P Stare.png
53KB, 624x311px
>>324176453
>Bottom row 2nd slot
I see her too much not to know her. But why in Smash?
>>
>>324176453
>Lucas being a Ness ALT
>two new Fire Emblem
>Simon Belmont over Bomberman
>Viewtiful Joe over Wonder Red

Nah
>>
>>324176585
I didn't say Melee fans. I said fans from Melee, as in fans of those characters who've been with the series from Melee.
>>
>>324176453
>Banjo
You are my nigga
>>
>>324176573
No, it would be like having an alt-universe Megaman. Except it's actually first-party, and Mario, so multiply the possibility by about 100.

Nintendo already considers them alternate versions of the characters. You're essentially arguing Baby Mario can't happen in Mario Kart.
>>
>>324176650
>"you're retarded for saying it's a shit game with nothing but waifus"
>"it's a shit game with nothing but waifus you retard!"
>>
>>324176453
>Capcom gets 3 reps
>Konami gets 2
>SE gets 2
>Sega gets 2

Also, why is there a Zelda rep placeholder in the guest table? Is it Cia? Is it Din?
>>
File: phenomal cosmic confusion.png (20KB, 190x239px) Image search: [Google]
phenomal cosmic confusion.png
20KB, 190x239px
>>324176453
>Lucas as a Ness alt
>Falco as a Fox alt
>Paper Mario

>>324176824
Paper Mario can have everything he needs to be unique, but will still be high up on, if not the top of, a lot of people's shit lists for being another Mario.

See: Lucha Pikachu in Pokken
>>
>>324176146

He's only technically Mario

He's still got his own identity and shit. Does Zero Suit Samus trigger you?
>>
>>324176824
>You're essentially arguing Baby Mario can't happen in Mario Kart.

No, because Mario Kart takes less time to add a character than Smash.
>>
>>324176982
Not that guy, but you have really bad reading comprehension. Awakening is garbage, but it saved the series from actually being canned altogether since no matter how hard it was being pushed, it never sold enough to be worth it. It was either die with a whimper or thrive as a shittier series for a while longer.
>>
>>324176573
>It'd be like having another Mega Man

Fags would LOVE having Megaman X in smash
>>
A new tier of characters heavier than Heavy.
This tier can feature characters like Ridley, Ganon, Petey Piranha, maybe even Bowser could be moved to this tier.
>>
File: joe.png (1MB, 740x1200px) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
1MB, 740x1200px
>>324176754
I think FE deserves some slots, mostly because it can bring many different styles of play.
>sword
>axe
>mage
>spear
>Corrin
>unit riding a horse/pegasus etc
Of course it's a matter of whether they put effort or just add more Marth clones but I can dream.

Lucas could be easily be remade as a Ness alt with custom moves.
Yes I guess I want Bomberman too, but Simon would be great. Also Django but that's impossible
Joe had 4 games while Red had one. Plus I just like Joe more. See pic related.
>>
>>324177239
That's the first thing I said though.
Why are people agreeing with me so aggressively?
>>
>>324160472
Keep him the same and just add in Ganon.
>>
>one of Nintendo's largest series
>won't have another installment until like 2020

sad
>>
>>324177085
>but will still be high up on, if not the top of, a lot of people's shit lists
I don't think I've ever stopped to worry about how much shitters would cry. Well, not as a negative. It's more like a cherry on top. How many times did Sakurai stop what he was doing because he was worried about the loud minority? Judging by the final product, not a lot. There are going to be angry babies no matter what he does, anyways.

>>324177184
Missing the point. Nintendo firmly situates Baby Mario as a separate character from Mario and makes excuses to wedge him into games. Just like Paper Mario, they've both been in the M&L series for example.
>>
>>324176453
>Le shake shake girl with one game nobody gives a shit about
Kill yourself.
>>
>>324177406
>mostly because it can bring many different styles of play.

Yeah remember when FE wasn't Swordfags?

The series is B-list rubbish and barely deserves one character
>>
>>324177406
>Lucas could be easily be remade as a Ness alt with custom moves.
Everything that makes Lucas unique comes from his Normals though
>>
File: jibanyan[1].png (162KB, 400x471px) Image search: [Google]
jibanyan[1].png
162KB, 400x471px
>>324155741
POKEMON
KILLER

Plus all that other shit like Shogunyan as his alts
>>
File: 1378771375593.gif (986KB, 684x387px) Image search: [Google]
1378771375593.gif
986KB, 684x387px
>>324177406
If Joe got in, I would hope Wonder Red would be in too. Been playing Wonderful 101 and it really is a spiritual successor.
>>
>>324177085

Only the whiniest of babies would cry about Paper Mario.
>>
>>324155741
Since Nintendo and Sega are all buddy-buddy, Bayonetta probably stands a good chance of being in Smash 5.
>>
>>324177478
The Baby Mario example is pretty weak though. Smash requires a bit more than just copypasting existing characters' stat balances and giving them a few animations.

Smash is a commitment for adding a distinct character. Which I don't doubt Paper Mario is, but at the same time it's not something you can fully call a newcomer since it's just Mario under another shell and developing + fine tuning a Smash character isn't exactly a quick-and-painless process.
>>
>>324177813
lol
>>
>>324169436
I main Mac and I don't super armor spam.

I main Little mac just make his aerials slighty stronger with little cool down, add more hitstun on d-tilt and 3 hit jab and give up B horizontal options and Side B in the air like it was pre 3ds days. and I wouldn't even need Super armor for Smash attacks.

The only thing I ever use the super armor for is D-tilt F-smash / D-tilt U-smash so braindead Mario or Yoshi can't n-air out of the combos.
I actually feel guilty when I use the armor alot.
>>
>>324176718
mischief makers
>>
>>324178017
Yeah, you're right. There's no way Sonic's carrying over to Smash 4.
>>
>>324177904
Sakurai has wasted plenty of time on characters that aren't a clean enough break from their partner.

Pit + Dark Pit
Mario + Doctor Mario
Marth + Lucina
All the other Melee clones

Your thoughts on an extra version of a character not being worth the effort holds water and I could see it being an obstacle for other dev teams, but it's not an issue with Smash.
>>
>>324177904
>it's not something you can fully call a newcomer

Because he's got Mario's name and clothes? The fuck?

Was ZZSamus not a newcomer in Brawl? Was Shiek not a newcomer in Melee?

P.Mario has his own games, abilities, and only somewhat resembles Mario. The fuck is the issue?

Plus, its fucking Mario. The face of Nintendo is allowed to have 3 versions of himself in.
>>
>>324178119
Please, if anything it'll be Snake since Sakurai and Hideous Kojima are butt buddies
>>
>>324178358

Kojima doesn't own MGS though
>>
>>324178242
>Was Shiek not a newcomer in Melee?
Zelda and Shiek were both newcomers that game. But your point is still accurate.
>>
>>324178358
>include a spoiler and song for the game released on the console directly competing with the one you're gust starring on

those madmen
>>
File: 250px-035Clefairy[1].png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-035Clefairy[1].png
62KB, 250x250px
>>324157514
The age of Jigglypuff is over.
The real mascot of Pokemon will be on her throne soon.
>>
File: 1328067270637.gif (1MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
1328067270637.gif
1MB, 296x160px
>>324165498
>I think Bayonetta might get back in
>>sure, """might""" get back """in""" because of the """""""""ballot""""""""
>what are you so mad about? Calm down
>>SEE!? THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! FUCKING BAYONETTA FAGS!
>>
>>324178073
The game that nobody bought?
>>
>>324178659
>More Gen 1
Can't hardly wait.
>>
>>324178685
AntiBayofags are truly the worst Smash4 fanbase.

Worse than all of meleefags fused together
>>
>>324178936

>wanting garbagebags and sword shit

No. New pokemon is cancer
>>
>>324155741
Inkling
Rayman
>>
>>324178242
>The face of Nintendo is allowed to have 3 versions of himself in.
This. Honestly, all objections should have died when you realize IT'S FUCKING MARIO. If anyone is allowed to appear multiple times, it's him.
>>
>>324178983
I dunno AntiRidleyfags were incredibly zealous for a while there.
>>
>>324155741
Magnus
Hades
Vridi
>>
File: 1393265682009.jpg (187KB, 508x604px) Image search: [Google]
1393265682009.jpg
187KB, 508x604px
>>324178936
Tell me deep down you wouldn't want a Meowth vs. Pikachu battle in Smash.
>>
>>324179317
I don't. Meowth isn't even a good rival for Pikachu anyway.
>>
>>324179126
High five, /b/ro. The world just isn't the same after #the90's :'(
>>
File: Sans.png (23KB, 178x172px) Image search: [Google]
Sans.png
23KB, 178x172px
Lets face it, he's pretty much confirmed at this point.
>>
>>324179430
>Meowth isn't even a good rival for Pikachu anyway.
Yeah yeah, and I'm sure you think some flavor of the year garbage like Lucario is.
>>
File: 1450810867533.jpg (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1450810867533.jpg
3KB, 124x124px
>>324155741
Whatever character comes from a dead franchise Nintendo wants to revive and promote for some reason.
>>
File: 1452886901569.gif (1MB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1452886901569.gif
1MB, 500x313px
>>324179576
Yeah let's just put any character from anywhere in there for whatever reason because pff why not right here's my choice Doomguy for 5mash at least my choice is an actual classic video game character instead of a tumblr meme
>>
>>324179193
There's a clear difference between Bayonetta's status in Smash and Ridley's status in Smash.
>>
>>324179790
There is now
>>
>>324179317
I don't honestly and honesty, I doubt it will ever happen. Pokemon are chosen for specific reasons.
>>
>>324179576
Fuck out Undermemer
>>
>>324179126
>>324179552
Yeah and Bobby's World was a good show.
>>
>>324179879
What century do you think we were talking about?
>>
1. Drop Lucario for Ivysaur
2. Make Mewtwo not 110% grade A feces
Pokemon reps fixed
>>
>>324179576
I would be legitimately mad if some skeleton from a new (and frankly highly overrated) game got in before Shantae.
>>
I'm willing to bet my testicles that Simon Belmont will be a newcomer in the next game.
>>
>>324179897
> I doubt it will ever happen.
It was purely hypothetical. Of course Nintendo doesn't give a shit about Meowth anymore. Or ever, really, since he was mostly a fixation of the anime.
>>
I honestly think Leon Kennedy has a chance.

RE is just as iconic as the other third parties, Leon is the (main) face of the series, and Capcom is already involved with Smash.
>>
>>324180038
This is 1999 right?
>>
>>324180039
>White genwun scum thinking their opinions matter.

TPCi will always promote their later games in secondary material. The kids of today in Japan don't give a shit about your legacy/nostalgia wanking.
>>
>>324180061
We'd sooner get a playable slot machine. I mean, look, you're already gambling for a Konami rep.
>>
>>324159970
If you actually read his latest interviews there's almost a 100% chance he's making the next one. The only way he isn't is if Nintendo wants a new Smash Bros to promote their new line of amiibo or some shit WHILE he's busy with another project.
>>
>>324155741
The main twelve.
>>
File: 1440450644977.gif (167KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
1440450644977.gif
167KB, 400x289px
>>324180228
>No Pachinko characters allowed
>>
Goku. It's the last character they can introduce that will get any kind of reaction. Sm4sh desensitized us to reasonable characters.
>>
>>324180061
Etika... is that you?
>>
>>324180181
I dunno, ask this guy >>324179126 he's the 90's expert.
>>
>>324180049
Don't worry, Undermeme doesn't have longevity, it won't be talked about anymore by the end of 2016 guaranteed
>>
File: 1788858.jpg (186KB, 649x707px) Image search: [Google]
1788858.jpg
186KB, 649x707px
>>324180159
I would argue Jill or Chris is the "face" of the franchise, but Leon is certainly the fan favorite. Jill and Chris has actually represented the franchise in crossovers already. I'm not aware if Leon has.
>>
>>324160472
Melee Ganon>Smash 4 Ganon>Brawl Ganon

I don't know why but I just like Melee Ganon the most. He feels "different".
>>
>>324180218
definitely not a genwunner my man, but I can't think of a better option an Ivysaur right this second.
>>
File: 1421037556803.jpg (75KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1421037556803.jpg
75KB, 600x404px
>Inklings
>Obligatory retro character
>Newest Pokemon and newest Fire Emblem star
>Major character from whatever Sakurai works on just before Smash 5

The rest will be characters that have had major appearances in the 5 or 6 years before Smash 5's release, so they're impossible to predict right now.
>>
>>324180228
Even after the third party madness of Smash 4?

Actually, I would want them to tone down the third parties, maybe just going back to Pac Man, Mega Man, and Sonic.
>>
>>324180642
Sonic will be first party by Smash 5.
>>
>>324180642
pls simon
gotta get the old gang back together
>>
>>324180642
>>324180731
Sonic needs to go
He's just not fun, like his games
>>
>>324180628

Sm4sh was revealed only 3 years after brawl released
>>
>>324180832
Embittered 16-bit console-war vets, please go.
>>
>>324180832
But he's still iconic and pretty much expected in Smash at this point. Just think of the fit fans would throw if Sonic is dropped.
>>
>>324180768
>tfw Captain N will never get in because he's practically unknown in japan and was never in a video game
>>
File: Yuyuki_boxarts.png (716KB, 768x420px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuki_boxarts.png
716KB, 768x420px
>>324180417
You're not wrong. It would be nice to see him make the cut.
>>
>>324180834
And it took another three years to come out. What's your point?
>>
>>324180983
Forget the fans, it just wouldn't make sense. Sonic is a bigger icon than 90% of the other options.
>>
File: gokyu.jpg (457KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gokyu.jpg
457KB, 1280x720px
>>324159738
The most true answer. Shame the meme posts get replies.
>>
>>324180586

Maybe Jill.

But either way I think that a RE character is entirely possible

It would be pretty sweet to have a horror game repped
>>
>>324181189
>Horror game rep
Just add a character from Metroid Fusion and keep third parties out
>>
>>324176453
I'm going to list all the things wrong with this now.
>Thinking that they will drop the other Mii fighters
>Thinking that Elmo is gonna make it in smash
>thinking Advanced Wars is gonna be important enought to grace with a character
>Thinking Toon Link will get an alt
>Paper Mario
>Shitty Robo
>Thinking DK or Metroid will get another rep
>Shitty Robo Part 2
>Thinking Takamaru will be more than a AT
>Thinking Zelda has another rep who is worth a damn
>Shit Shake
>Thinking Microsoft will let Banjo in
>Fuck Konami x2
>Another Capcom rep
>>
>>324181070

The roster for smash 4 was finalized in 2012.

So if Smash 5's roster is gonna be finished in 2-3 years, then it's safe to bet who's relevant enough to get in.
>>
>>324160472
I make so at the character select screen you can select a moveset for him. I would feel bad completely removing his current moveset as some people like it but he deserves a new one. I think some other characters deserve new movesets as well, I think samus and kirby deserve new ones, but completely removing any moveset is dumb. If they provided alternate movesets for characters that would satisfy everyone.
>>
File: 1368716427494.png (2MB, 849x893px) Image search: [Google]
1368716427494.png
2MB, 849x893px
>>324181189
I'd be pretty hyped if RE was represented. One step closer to a true Nintendo vs. Capcom.
>>
>>324181289
Why not Fatal Frame?
>>
File: 1451335458359.png (51KB, 248x202px) Image search: [Google]
1451335458359.png
51KB, 248x202px
>>324155741

Inklings are the only character I'd say is an absolute shoo-in.

Other than that I'd say all of the shittiest characters you never wanted are also likely if Smash 4 is anything to go by.
>>
>>324181289
>keep third parties out
Why? You can't possibly be exclusively a Nintendo games fan, can you?
>>
>>324181362
It still featured reps from games that didn't release until 2013.

Smash 5 hasn't even been announced yet so we have no clue of when it's happening.
>>
>>324180832
They won't cut the any of the big 3 unless the companies have a falling out.
>>
>>324181409
Oh good more anime ladies
>>
File: 1452157798466.png (141KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1452157798466.png
141KB, 500x392px
>>324181362
It's not like they don't let Sakurai know who's going to be relevant. Roy was in Melee before he was in his own game, and Sakurai decided on Greninja before Pokemon X&Y were even announced.
>>
>>324181354
Microsoft said Banjo could be in Smash 4, Sakurai is just butthurt westerners made a better nintendo game than he ever did
>>
>>324179749
I voted for Doomguy in the ballot. I want him but I gotta admit it's incredibly unlikely.
>>
>>324181609

Has Doom ever been on a Nintendo console?
>>
File: pacmandepressed.png (128KB, 342x190px) Image search: [Google]
pacmandepressed.png
128KB, 342x190px
He has a chance of returning, r-right?
>>
>>324181390
I would love it if Capcom did a proper crossover with Ninty, but considering Capcom's record in the past few years, Nintendo may have to do some shoulder breathing.
>>
>>324181671
Yes. Doom 64 and a port on GBA.
>>
>>324181675

Pac-Man is the fucking face of vidya

He's never leaving.
>>
>>324181675
Between Bamco developing both Smash 4 and Pokken, they may end up also developing Smash 5. So yes, he has a chance.
>>
File: 1371668538525.png (82KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1371668538525.png
82KB, 320x287px
>>324181354
>Fuck Konami x2

Admit it, you were oblivious to Konami being a shitty company until it was Kojima on the chopping block. As if they did no wrong up until that point.

Giving them 2 Smash reps potentially saves face for their image.
>>
>>324181603
Phil Spenser doesn't make decisions for the whole company.
>>
>>324181609
Doom was on the SNES and the game boy. I think Doom 2 was on SNES as well. Doom also had an exclusive N64 title.

Doom had an exclusively N64 title. That just seems weird now that I've thought about that. Why N64 when PS1 existed? PS1 seems like it would've had more of an audience for Doom.
>>
File: 1375700345988.jpg (255KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1375700345988.jpg
255KB, 1200x900px
Did anyone ever play as Mii Fighters? That was a huge waste of fucking time, right?
>>
>>324181675
Namco is like Nintendo's cheap Mexican labor this gen, I'm sure they'll be developing again.
>>
>>324181754

Then it's 100% possible.

He's certainly just as big as Cloud and Sonic in terms of gaming legacy.
>>
>>324181829
I liked the idea, but the fact you never randomly fight your own created Miis without manually selecting them makes them feel like a waste.

The Fighter arena mode taking your mii heads was kind of neat though.
>>
>>324179576
If they had to add someone from Undermeme I would probably want to see Frisk just so we can get art of him hanging out with Ness and Lucas.
>>
>>324181786
I knew they were being shit before the whole Kojima thing went public. And getting a rep won't save them, it will only make Nintendo look bad for associating with them. Unless they clean up their act and apologies after they get the reps.
>>
File: 54171787_p15.png (173KB, 441x888px) Image search: [Google]
54171787_p15.png
173KB, 441x888px
>>324181990
id doesn't have as close of ties as Namco or Square though. So the situation is still different. Also, Japan probably doesn't care about him, and that's a huge demerit against him. Well, most of Japan.
>>
>>324156706
You pseudo?
>>
>>324181829
They should have allowed online play with Randoms, maybe even a Mii Fighter mode and they would be used more.
>>
>>324182225
>Save face = saving the company
>>
>>324181390
>>324181189
>>324180586

So assuming a RE rep got in, who would you guys rather it be. I ask these two because they seem to be the most popular:

Leon or Jill?
>>
>>324181829
Good idea, terrible execution.

Having everything be strictly locked to specific classes was the thing that truly killed it for me. They should have just gone crazy, adding a wide variety of specials borrowed from tons of fighters on the roster and let you mix and match whatever moves you want with any normals you want and not have everything just be stuck to "generic sword guy" or "generic fist guy". Even the costumes get locked to that shit.
>>
>>324181829
They're fun, but they're a pain to set up, which pretty much kills their (and by extension customs) usability

I like to mess around with a Marisa Gunner from time to time.
>>
>>324182409
Giving them 2 reps won't just magically untarnish their image.
>>
>>324181829
I liked Mii fighters since it was the closest thing we could get to a create a character mode anyway.

The only reason people don't use them is because you can't use them in half the online modes anyway because "Oh no, children might see a penis face"

Also most of the customization items sucked.
>>
>>324180228
No, it will be a Konami Assist Trophy. At random you will get one character (Snake, Vic Viper, Simon, Goemon) They will then scream and explode into hundreds of pachinko balls that rain on all the fighters.
>>
>>324181829
I reckon more people would if they were usable in With Anyone.
>>
File: 1420918103327.jpg (592KB, 1240x918px) Image search: [Google]
1420918103327.jpg
592KB, 1240x918px
>>324182448
Leon stars in my favorite 2 RE games, but Jill. RE1 Jill that is, not brainwashed blonde karategal.
>>
>>324182705
>Big Boss, BIG PRIZES
>"JACKPOT" flashing on screen
>>
>>324182662
>The only reason people don't use them is because you can't use them in half the online modes anyway because "Oh no, children might see a penis face"

This always bothered me because Tournament Mode lets you use Miis (and customs) just fine. All they had to do was make them toggable options in With Anyone.
>>
>>324182448
Ada
>>
File: 1587.jpg (32KB, 670x448px) Image search: [Google]
1587.jpg
32KB, 670x448px
>>324160472
>2016
another day another swordfag getting BTFO
>>
>>324181796
He probably also wouldn't give his blessing if he thought MS would have a problem with it you conspiracy theorist
>>
>>324182946
Well ain't that cute. BUT IT'S WONG
>>
>>324160472
Keep Dorf the same, add Ganon as a separate character.
>>
File: 1452306594862.jpg (25KB, 160x197px) Image search: [Google]
1452306594862.jpg
25KB, 160x197px
>>324176453
>joe
>>
>>324181603
You know, it's not just Microsoft, it's Nintendo. Would they really be willing to advertise a competitor's IP like that?
>>
>>324183125
Not him but is that really any crazier than saying Sakurai turned it down because he was "jealous"?
>>
>>324183213
Keep Bayonetta in, add Rodin and give him Dorf's set, give Dorf a move set a better reflects him in the games, and also add Pig Ganon.
>>
>>324179576
i liked undertale but jesus christ san posters are the fucking worst.
>>
>>324164284
>crippled asian
Boo-hoo. If he can't take the heat, or doesn't have the heart or interest, get someone else. This asshole will expand on Smash Tour and we'll be playing Mario Party: Smash Edition with regular Smash being a secondary minigame.
>>
>>324183429
Rodin plays nothing like Ganondorf though.
>>
>>324183739
Neither does Ganondorf.
>>
File: 1317096629353.png (12KB, 290x180px) Image search: [Google]
1317096629353.png
12KB, 290x180px
>>324183620
You'll be relieved to know that's obvious bait.

Just because kids in the miiverse are that dumb doesn't mean /v/ is.
>>
>>324183820
but what you're suggesting is replacing a problem with another problem.
>>
>>324183909
It's obviously bait but I wouldn't bet on /v/'s intelligence so much.

There were a fuck load of people convinced that Shovel Knight was a sure thing, after all.
>>
>>324184007
Rodin plays closer to Ganondorf's current set than Ganondorf does in Zelda.

Maybe add Blood Falcon, give him Ganondorf's set, add Rodin anyway and give him a new set, give Ganondorf a new moveset, and then still add Pig Ganon.
>>
>>324179317
Probably would have gotten in over Jigglypuff if there was more dev time in 64. Then we probably wouldn't have posts in every smash thread about people ironically/unironically wishing Jiggly was dropped.
>>
Here's all I want.
>Wii Fit Trainer gone
>no more than 4 FE reps
>keep the exact same Pokemon characters
>keep at least the big 3 third parties
Additional third parties will excite me. Don't really care about which first party characters get in, they won't underrepresent their own properties anyway.
>>
>>324184114
I certainly didn't believe he was a given, but there was definite teasing made it seem like a possibility. Who can really gauge how important him getting his own amiibo could be for the closeness of Yacht Club and Nintendo?
>>
>>324184261
>>Wii Fit Trainer gone

For what purpose? She's a really unique fighter.
>>
>>324184348
She was added as a gag, and peobably a very small minority uses her.
>>
>>324183397
Sakurai hates the west though
>>
>>324184250
Meowth was never planned for Smash 64. Mewtwo was though.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/
>>
Gex.
>>
>>324184327
Given that there were already plenty of non-Smash amiibos and Yacht Club themselves said from the start that it meant nothing and really only happened because they begged NoA for it? I think it was safe to assume from the beginning that it meant nothing.
>>
>>324183125
Notice how all the companies with characters in Smash are third party though. They all did something, or can do something for Nintendo. MS only gave them Minecraft. So you'd be better off expecting Steve than Banjo.
>>
>>324184451
You could say the same about Game and Watch and ROB
>>
>>324184451
I know a lot of people who use her. She's actually pretty good. She's not treated like a gag, either.
>>
>>324184583
Do you have any evidence other than "he didn't add my favorite"
>>
>>324184583
He listened to the west for Bayonetta.
>>
>>324184784
>Given that there were already plenty of non-Smash amiibos
Only Nintendo owned characters. But granted it wasn't Smash themed.
>Yacht Club themselves said from the start that it meant nothing
Let's consider if he HAD been planned for Smash, they'd still have had to hold their tongues. Saying it "means nothing" could easily be interpreted as guarding their asses and not breaking NDA. Even them "begging" doesn't mean they didn't get considered for the game as cross promotion and support for the amiibo trend. None of this deconfirms him, just decreases the likelihood at most.
>>
>>324185183
Deconfirmed, no. But given he's a tiny as fuck, western only indie character that hasn't even hit a million sales and wasn't even around for a full year before the DLC started? He never had much of a chance, and certainly was never a "sure thing".

I really don't think there's as much of a difference between Undertale and Shovel Knight as many like to think. One's appeared on Nintendo platforms and the other hasn't, that's about it.
>>
>>324185684
>One's appeared on Nintendo platforms and the other hasn't, that's about it.
That was enough to get people to completely laugh off Meat Boy as a suggestion. I'd say that's a pretty major distinction actually.

Also, Undertale is just plain done and over. Meanwhile Shovel Knight has 2+ expansions coming and have expressed a desire to make a franchise out of it. Granted more time and sequels need to happen before Shovel Knight even gets considered though.
>>
>>324186025
Shovel Knight's already waned in popularity pretty hard, man. Call me when they do make a franchise of it, because that's the only really test of whether or not it has staying power.

Ultimately most of this third party stuff is seemingly decided by popularity and connections. This puts any indie at an automatic disadvantage unless they're Minecraft or something.
>>
>>324186519
>Shovel Knight's already waned in popularity pretty hard, man.
Not really
>>
File: 1269569487519.png (8KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1269569487519.png
8KB, 344x341px
>>324186519
>Call me when they do make a franchise of it, because that's the only really test of whether or not it has staying power.
I already said he shouldn't be considered until he has more games under his belt. We're pretty much just agreeing with each other at this point.
>>
>>324186823
>I already said he shouldn't be considered until he has more games under his belt.
He really only needs one more, Bayonetta only has 2.
>>
File: 1448422916672.jpg (69KB, 970x1218px) Image search: [Google]
1448422916672.jpg
69KB, 970x1218px
Let's JUST face it, he's pretty much in at this point

>that moveset potential
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo53glco0N0
>>
>>324186991
Two GOOD ones at the very least. He needs to maintain the hype as well, and they won't do that unless he remains at about the same mark of quality the first one had.
>>
File: 1445675026063.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445675026063.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>324157497
>only 6 years
>>
File: guess.jpg (36KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
guess.jpg
36KB, 183x200px
>>324186739
I'm just sayin', I see far more people still prattling on about Undertale than I do about Shovel Knight. I guess that's anecdotal evidence, admittedly. I just think he seems like one of those fleeting indie darlings and it'll take a lot more work for Shovel Knight to begin approaching the scale of non-indie characters.

>>324186823
>>
>>324187231

Time goes faster then you think.

We're already only 2 years until smash 5 revealed
>>
>>324187154
Yacht Club Games already came out and said a Shovel Knight sequel is happening. But yeah, they need to keep the quality up and I think they will.
>>
>>324187231
The Wii came out ten years ago.

Time goes fast, anon.
>>
Mario
Link
Snake
Master Chief
Simon Belmont
Bayo
>>
File: crashspyro.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crashspyro.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>gaming icons
>both have had more games on Nintendo consoles than Cloud
>Bowser and Dong in Skylanders, a game starring Spyro

happening
>>
>>324188073
Too bad crash is dead and Spyro is an abomination.
>>
I'm going to make it parallel in style to Smash 4s new comers

Villager - Inkling
WFT - Badge Arcade Rabbit
Mega Man - Crash Banicoot
Rosalina - Kamek
Little Mac - Mach Rider
Greninja - Gen 7/8 pokemon
Palutena - Xenoblade character
Pac - Belmont
Robin - New FE Lord/PC
Shulk - Wonder-Red (niche game from the last gen)
Duck Hunt - Some retro rep
Ryu - Heihachi
Cloud - Goku
Corrin - Newer FE Lord/PC
Bayo - whatever 18+ franchise nintendo snipes
>>
>>324188073
>first Snake
>then Cloud
>then Crash and Spyro
>all in Smash before Playstation Allstars
Can you imagine?
>>
>>324188073
Sakurai will never put Western-made characters in his game.
>>
>>324188909

Diddy Kong
>>
>>324188073
Spyro would be awesome, don't care about Crash.
>>
File: 1433446521396.jpg (20KB, 473x346px) Image search: [Google]
1433446521396.jpg
20KB, 473x346px
>>324187087
bart is the protagonist
>>
File: 1407048958944.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1407048958944.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>324188287
Mega Man is also dead and Pac-Man is also an abomination.
>>
>>324188073
yes
>>
In all honesty, I feel the characters we have in the roster right now are perfectly fine. Only thing we need is the return of Ice climbers and Wolf. Of course other classic Nintendo reps from retro to new.

Inkling is a given at this point, and Elma popping in too to represent Xenoblade X could just a few examples of what I mean. Then just work of refining what they have and giving us more modes and content (and for the love of god bring back some form of adventure mode and TRUE classic)

As for third parties. Square, Capcom, and Sega are all in some way connected to Nintendo history (especially in the 16 bit era). Rather then trying to get the rights to someone new from a fourth company I rather they expand on what they have. Those three are perfect. Hell, just add +1 to each third party rep.

For example:
>Chun-li with Ryu
>Protoman, Zero, X, or Bass with Mega Man
>Tifa, Sephiroth , or Terra with Cloud
>Rodin, Lumen sage, or Jeane with Bayo
>Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow with Sonic
>Ms.Pacman skin for Pacman

Or toss a MH rep, RE rep, or even Viewtiful joe considering capcom is in the mix now. I'd love to see Wonder Red vs Joe if it ever happens.

I also like having the idea of a Horror game rep from Nintendo to show up too; either Fatal frame or Eternal Darkness.
>>
File: 1450042114471.png (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450042114471.png
167KB, 800x600px
>>324181829
Nope. Why would I ever play as a Mii when there are all these cool Nintendo characters?
>>
File: Kakka Karmen Electra.jpg (249KB, 1060x708px) Image search: [Google]
Kakka Karmen Electra.jpg
249KB, 1060x708px
>>324188487
I'd be mostly OK with these choices. Kind of mixed feelings on Goku. Love me some Dragonball, but the fantards it would bring to the surface would be unbearable. Maybe Kid Goku would keep the worst of them out of the public eye.
>>
Will we see a second Sonic rep?
>>
>>324190079
Goku is the choice for Cloud-tier of 'holy shit they really did it'

That or Micky Mouse

>>324190131
I would play Eggman, hell they got his style sorted with BJR
>>
>>324190131
If any third party gets a second banana, I could see Sonic getting one.

I'd sure like Mario + Luigi vs. Sonic and Tails matchups.
>>
File: 1452920632863.jpg (1MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [Google]
1452920632863.jpg
1MB, 2893x4092px
>>324189829
no sakura no buy
>>
>>324190243
I think Goku has a firmer foothold in the games category than Mickey. I know I associate him more with video games, at least.
>>
>>324190131

Hopefully it will be Mighty
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Sakurai won't work on it but Nintendo still needs that sweet sweet smash bros money so get ready for pic related.
>>
>>324190243
I would prefer Goku over Mickey, but I don't want anyone outside of Video Games. That's just a can of worms I want to stay far away from.
>>
>>324190606
First convince Sega he still exists.
>>
>>324190654
Agreed. It's probably best left outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>324190131
Hopefully not but if we did it would assuredly be either Tails or Eggman. Eggman I would have been cool with but then Bowser Jr up and stole his gimmick so he might come off as redundant.
>>
>>324169643
The DKC games with K Tool have outsold every series on that list combined, minus Mario and pokemon. DKC is one of the best selling Nintendo series of all time, so saying he's a literal who is purely ignorant.

If he came in the top on poll, and gets added in DKCR3, then I'd say he's a pretty likely lock.
>>
File: F4qMeQ7.png (277KB, 494x329px) Image search: [Google]
F4qMeQ7.png
277KB, 494x329px
>>324189829
> I put "fourth" instead of "fifth"
>Mfw I forgot about Namco, even after mentioning Pac-Man.
>>
>>324191000
If he gets into the next DK game then yeah I'd say his chances are good. That's still a big if, though, and he also has the chance of being pushed aside for another DK character like Dixie if she's present.
>>
File: 1451486511688.jpg (440KB, 566x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451486511688.jpg
440KB, 566x1000px
>Elma
You're all my brothers of African descent. Jeanne or Balder definitely maybe Dunban. I'm sick of these literally who's from FE. I want a more diversive roster instead of pandering to the main Nintendo franchises. Wonder Red would also be a nice addition.
>>
>>324172209
>Bayonetta winning 1st in smallest demographic
>Bayonetta coming in 5th place after excluding anyone deemed not negotiable or realizable, which could be literally any amount of characters.
>Not even top in Japan

Yupp Bayonetta sure "won"
>>
>>324155741
I posted my thoughts way back, but here they are in short form:

100% Guaranteed:
>Inklings
Foolish not to include them. Guaranteed additions
>K. Rool or Ridley
After the amount of fan bullshit, they're going to happen. I don't care how delusional you say I am here. One of these two is getting in.
>Takamaru
There's been enough talk about him from Sakurai, all the way back to Melee. He's getting the Mac treatment for sure.

Pretty Confident Additions:
>Linkle or Lana
Hyrule Warriors was and is stupidly popular. Just do the math. We'll get our new Zelda character, finally, and it will be one of these two.
>Rhythm Heaven Rep
Been talked about enough. I think we'll get something.
>>
>>324192027
>>324191687

Forgot Elma! She was on my original list too. She's absolutely a shoe-in for next game too.

Makes me wish that a character from Codename Steam was a pretty confident addition too... Loving that game is suffering, I tell you
>>
>>324191768
Goku was first place in the U.S. Ballot and you all fucking know it.
>>
>>324192027
Lana would be cool, Linkle would feel kind of redundant. Tetra and Impa are other good Zelda contenders.
>>
>>324191768
Sakurai didn't bring up negotiable or realizable characters until he mentioned world wide. Bayonetta was #5 in NA, along with a few veterans.
>>
File: 1275097800753.png (237KB, 464x348px) Image search: [Google]
1275097800753.png
237KB, 464x348px
>>324192027
>Linkle or Lana
I can't definitively say you're wrong, but it still disgusts me.
>>
>>324192027
Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff that wasn't even published by Nintendo in Japan. For all intents and purposes it's a third party game that licenses Nintendo characters. There's no way its OCs will ever be in Smash as playable characters.
>>
>>324192027
>New Zelda Character
>Not Tingle

You all should just stop making lists if you're going to keep being wrong.
>>
>>324191239
Part of me wants to agree and say that if K Rool gets added in DKC he will get in Smash....yet the fact Dixie still isn't in the game makes me think there really is a DKC bias.
>>
File: 1451937387995.jpg (14KB, 251x321px) Image search: [Google]
1451937387995.jpg
14KB, 251x321px
>>324192027
>Takamaru
>not Mach Rider
>>
>>324192813
Dixie was planned as a partner for Diddy in Brawl as a means to emulate the tag-team gameplay of the DKC games, it just never fell through due to technical issues.

I get the feeling Sakurai didn't think Dixie would be that interesting enough on her own to warrant an inclusion.
>>
>>324192813
Dixie probably isn't in because she'd be a clone.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 248x250px
>considered for melee but didn't make due to problems with realistic and believable jumping

He deserves a second chance.
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY DOING IT.png (126KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY DOING IT.png
126KB, 469x500px
>>324193495
I support it, as long as he gets in Mario Kart too.
>>
>>324192813
I'm assuming Dixie was left out mainly because she wasn't very relevant at the time the roster was being decided. They were mainly focusing on DKCR since it was a huge title for Nintendo and TF was still a ways off. If Dixie were in DKCR or TF came out a year earlier than maybe things would have played out differently.

That's just speculation on my part, though.
>>
>>324155741
smash 5 came out alongside smash 4 bozo
>>
>>324194060
The track was one of my favorites from the DLC, so yeah that too!
>>
>Tabuu will never be playable
>>
>>324195052
literally who
>>
File: ellipsis.png (125KB, 243x283px) Image search: [Google]
ellipsis.png
125KB, 243x283px
>>324195283
>>
File: 1405654714150.png (343KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1405654714150.png
343KB, 600x750px
>>
>>324175250
No it doesn't, you dumb fucking nigger. Sakurai specifically said relizable AND negotiable.

Negotiable is where characters like Goku and Snake fall. Characters they legally aren't able to use or get the rights to.

Realizable is so they could safely ignore characters like Dante. Anyone that placed higher than Bayo and are able to be used, yet Sakurai did not personally want to work on.
>>
>>324183213
It would be great if his name ingame was just dorf
>>
>>324196367
Problem is that they're not revealing the full results so we'll never know for sure. I understand the move though since it could potentially spoil things they plan to do in the future or just piss off people who voted for something stupid like Sora.

It's just too touchy of a subject and some people are going to get mad no matter what they do with this thing.
>>
>>324192962
How many Mach Rider stuff made it into Brawl and Smash 4?

...oh, right.

I would LOVE both to make it, but from a standpoint of "what kind of shit would sell copies of my game?!", Takamaru makes a lot more sense. Think about how much they changed Pit to cater to weeaboos and normies. Takamaru fits that bill way better than Mach Rider. They could easily spin that character into a Samurai Champloo/Ruruoni Kenshin type motif and it would pull in edgy teens by the truckload.

Do I want that? No, not really. I actually liked the original Nazo game, just like I enjoyed the NES Kid Icarus and wanted Pit for years. But I know that is what they're going to do -- bastardize Takamaru -- just like they did Pit. But at least it makes sense and it's as good a reason as any to get the character into the game.

The only way Mach Rider would "make sense" from a marketing standpoint (which is all Smash is now) is if they actually made the Fallout-style Mach Rider sequel everybody keeps crossing their fingers for and dreaming about. Until then, Mach Rider would just be "another Falcon" to normies.
>>
>>324192269
>>324192398
>>324192620
>>324192720

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/08/aonuma-talks-more-about-new-hyrule-warriors-addition-linkle/

>"He also told IGN, when speaking about her potential apperance in future games, “I’m sure we will keep her in mind when thinking about future titles.”

Aunoma likes the idea of Linkle and isn't opposed to keeping her around. Even if HW has 3rd party characters, it won't stop Nintendo. They are a different beast these days. Who ever thought we'd see Mega Man and Sonic in a mainline Mario game (Mario Maker).
>>
>>324197953
>Mario Maker
>mainline
That's pretty contestable, considering it's a "Build your own Mario game" game. That's almost like considering Mario Paint a "mainline" Mario game.
>>
>>324196367
Realizable probably could of meant Ridley.
>>
All of you are niggers

There is no "lock" and your favorites can easily be cucked, inklings just need a bit of support down the line though, but i'll give you some examples.

>If DK's new game does NOT have King K Rool in it, he will be fucked

>If Ridley does NOT have a better appearance than his other M format, or doesn't appear in a new game at all, he will be fucked

>If krystal appears in a new starfox game before smash is made, wolf will get fucked

The key here is having a new game at the RIGHT time of development, that will definitely get sakurai's attention, then he looks into popularity and issues like that. Smash is now some kind of odd marketing game (even though it always was) now its just super heavy.

Also betting this will be the last one before a reboot. 64 character or so, 7 DLC, a bit of deep cuts, sorry but that's how fighting games are if you scrubs ever bothered to follow at least one other than this one.

One last thing because you guys trigger me, if the character you want hasn't had a new game in years, and sakurai isn't keen on him/her, that character is DEAD. (also indies never ever you dumbasses)
>>
Inkling Boy/Girl for sure.
I'd like to see actual costumes instead of color swaps as a feature too.
>>
>>324198249
Yeah, it probably did. Which sucks, because that just shows that Sakurai is simply unwilling to add him.
>>
>>324198296
Shit, one more thing.

Spinoff characters are in the same bin as indies.

Peace out
>>
File: stupid bitch.jpg (57KB, 468x583px) Image search: [Google]
stupid bitch.jpg
57KB, 468x583px
>>324176062
>Awakening
>Best Fire Emblem
Nigga, go actually play them. Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones shit all over Awakening.
>>
>>324198306
If the 8 player feature becomes standard, they'll probably have 4 girl variations and 4 boy variations. Considering fashion was such a big element, I'd assume they'd change up the clothes for those options, yeah.
>>
File: sakurai_0.png (200KB, 704x1149px) Image search: [Google]
sakurai_0.png
200KB, 704x1149px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-pCtO41tNc

Rhythm Heaven and Splatoon are literally the only two Nintendo IPs with enough relevancy and name recognition to get a character.
>>
File: tumblr_o10emaLcej1qfs9zoo1_1280.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o10emaLcej1qfs9zoo1_1280.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
Confirmed, my daddy is Sakurai
>>
File: latest[1].png (360KB, 980x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
360KB, 980x1000px
>>324198758
>>
>>324158184
i cant imagine anymore new pokemon being created, greninja is where i cut off the new mons
>>
>>324198758
I'd main him
>>
File: maccolors.png (282KB, 1135x306px) Image search: [Google]
maccolors.png
282KB, 1135x306px
>>324198679
I really wish characters with alt costumes or characters could have 16 alts like Little Mac. I know it's because they were easier to make but it's just unfortunate that you can have 8 Wireframe Macs out at once while you can only have four Alphs and four Male Wii Fit Trainers, just to name a few.
>>
>>324198923
pls
>>
>>324198923
>>324198923
>name recognition
By your definition Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Western are sure things as well.
>>
>>324198923
His latest game was a flop, only his first game was any good
>>
>>324160472
keep him the same but add in Ganon
>>
>>324198923
>chibi-robo!
>enough relevancy and name recognition

Nope.
>>
File: u wut.png (340KB, 1208x742px) Image search: [Google]
u wut.png
340KB, 1208x742px
>>324198929
take it back
>>
>>324198929
Maybe they'll stop once Pokemon stops being one of the biggest media franchises in history and they stop creating a constant slew of possible new characters to add.
>>
>>324157927
This and a Zelda newcomer, though there's no lock on who exactly the latter will be.

For veterans:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Yoshi
- Bowser Jr. and/or Rosalina
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Link
- Zelda
- Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Samus
- Zero Suit Samus
- Kirby
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Fox
- Falco
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Lucario
- Captain Falcon
- Ness
- Marth
- Ike
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Wario
- Pit
- Palutena
- Pikmin & Olimar
- R.O.B.
- Villager
- Little Mac
- Duck Hunt
>>
>>324180617
melee ganondorf is hands down the most viable between the three games. he was still so similar to falcon back in melee, just with a little more power in his attacks, and less mobility.
>>
>>324199054
Dillon would be Sonic but fun.
>>
>>324193495

Sakurai DID figure out how to make a vehicle character work.

This guy will 100% be a retro rep. Him and Takamaru are like the last NES icons
>>
>>324198994
>16 macs
>only 1 bowser jr
>bowser jr will never have colors to match bowser
>>
>>324200505
Only because Balloon Fighter was kind of absorbed by Villager.

Wait, no. There's still Mach Rider, and probably a handful of others.
>>
>>324200505
You forgot Bubbles.
>>
>>324202430
Sucks that Bubbles had her franchise stolen from her by DK

Although, if you think about it, had DK King of Swing and Jungle Climber been Clu Clu Land games, K. Rool would be even LESS relevant to the DK series.
>>
File: Hello Darkness My Old Friend.jpg (36KB, 869x869px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness My Old Friend.jpg
36KB, 869x869px
>>324159738
Miis, Villager and Pacman were all considered for Brawl.

Meta Knight, Wario, Lucas and assist trophies were considered for Melee.

Bowser, Dedede, Marth and final smashes were considered for the original game.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the considered fighters for 4, like Takamaru, actually do become playable in Smash 5.

tfw in 6 more years, Sakurai still won't be able to figure out how to make Ridley work or give Ganondorf a proper moveset
>>
>>324202837
K Rool fans don't care one bit about king of swing. The thing that separates K Rools relevancy from someone like Isaac, is that he's from an active series that is far from dead. All it will take is a new min title to include him, and it will remove all relavncy boundaries from him.
>>
File: Ganon Specials.png (1MB, 900x1519px) Image search: [Google]
Ganon Specials.png
1MB, 900x1519px
>>324160472
Ganondorf main/ Massive Zeldafag here

The best move is a compromise. At this point, Dorf has had 14 years of being Heavy Falcon.

Making a real Ganon, with trident and magic projectiles is the best way to go.

Magic inspiration OoT is also cool with me. Ganon/dorf was always a sorcerer first and foremost. This obsession with swords just seems dumb to me. Even in TP & WW, he still uses magic attacks, just in different forms.
>>
>>324203279
Unique Ganondorf is a fight worth giving up at this point. Sakurai doesn't do complete overhauls. The changes for him between Melee and Brawl are probably as big as it's going to get. He doesn't want to disappoint people who are used to it by now.
>>
>>324204210
I'm so down for this.
Zelda reps made up of 2 Links, 2 Zeldas, and 2 Ganons
>>
File: 1369748963745.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1369748963745.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
>>324199296
But the thing with Pokemon is that they don't need to replace already known characters yearly. Some of them just stand out among the crowd or are instantly liked, kinda how you wouldn't replace Pikachu or Charizard.

Greninja has been the first pokemon since Charizard itself to be instantly hailed by most as best of the Gen, even before it appeared in the Anime or Smash, even without being lore-important or appearing in the box cover and even without getting movies or anything to promote it.

In these cases (like Charizard) you just ride upon an established and most likely autistic fanbase that won't waver so easily. I sincerely doubt they'll try to make another FOTW pokemon, considering that this type of recognition is remarkably rare. And it becomes even less likely when you see that Greninja has had lots of staying power. They might add another Pokemon, but they won't remove Greninja. Just like they shouldn't have removed Mewtwo in the first place.
>>
>>324204210
this moveset sucks.
i really like his neutral B pose though.
>>
>>324204210
I want this so bad man. Still bugs me that characters like Lana or a second Ganondorf gets more attention than he does.
>>
>>324204210
this would be cool, but his up-B would be the worst recovery in the entire game.
>>
>>324176453
>custom robo

muh dik
>>
>>324163862
So was Wii Fit.

It's still a major new IP.
Thread posts: 462
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.