[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf?? Was he meant to be the villain of the game? He was perhaps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 50

File: Fallout-4-Father-3.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Father-3.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
Wtf?? Was he meant to be the villain of the game? He was perhaps the only faction head that spoke reason.

>Fuck those science guys! We should all be eating two headed cow meat!
>>
nah

what a selfish faction
>>
Everyone was retarded.
>BoS are nazis
>Institute made murderbots and replaced people
>Railroad only care about liberating vending machines
>Minutemen are just you and an autist
>>
I thought it was pretty shitty the son you had been looking for ends up dying right after you find him.
>>
>>324149392
I can't fucking agree more. None of these fuckers want to do what I would do. Have high lvl tech that can pretty much fix life above? Let's just kill every one and replace them with synths...
>>
>>324149392
How does BoS go on? I have only played 2-3 specific quests on my BoS playthrough.

I agreed with them in the beginning
>>
>>324150235
BoS is basically the brute force faction.

>Go into a fort and kill mutants.
>Go into the Railroad and kill everyone.
>Go into the Institute and kill everyone.
>Nuke the Institute.

It's something like that, don't exactly remember.
>>
>>324149392
I like the railroad, they understand synths are basically humans and try and do good with good work.
>>
>>324151180
They are the ones I went with actually.
Thing is, they don't do anything else. They're the Vending Machine Liberation Force and that's it.
>>
>>324150430
Sounds good, whats the problem? you some kind of robohippy?
>>
>>324151180
Synths are organic beings, but they are not human.
>>
>>324151293
Yea they dont have any intentions on improving the CW, unlike other factions that aim at molding it into their preference.
They just want to focus on helping sythns reach human respect levels
>>
>>324148950
>Bethesda

what did you expect?
>>
>kidnap kids to turn them into super mutants, then turn their failed experiments loose on the wasteland to terrorize everyone else
>attempt to hunt down and kill scientist who left because his conscience couldn't handle the above anymore
>create then enslave clearly sentient/sapient creatures
>terrorize settlements that unknowingly take in runaway synths
>kidnap people and replace them with synths to spy on and subvert wasteland civilization
>constantly talk about how what they're doing is "for the good of everyone" but never actually help anyone in the wasteland despite having been around since basically right after the great war
>"how are they the bad guys"
>>
>>324151435
Of course, but you wouldn't completely hate someone just because they were engineered. You like people because of who they are, not because they are from naturally birth

The BoS are idiots for that
>>
>>324148950
only real gamers understand.

if you didn't get it that just mean you arent a real gamer and should find another hobby
>>
>>324151629
kids today cant tell wight from wrong

unless you specifically CALL someone ''the bad guy'' they wont know the difference
>>
>>324151293
>>324151461
I went with the Railroad. However, they should've been a sidequest that ties heavily into the mainquest. Fighting the Institute and liberating synths have some overlapping goals, but they're not the same thing.
>>
>>324151820

Can't you basically do this by allying the minutemen and the railroad?
>>
>>324151341
If you roleplay as BoS instead of doing a few quests for each faction you miss out on the battle of bunker hill (like I did)
>>
>>324151629

This.
>>
>>324151629
>kidnaps kids to turn them into super mutants

That was vault tec moron
>>
File: 1409702523446.jpg (26KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1409702523446.jpg
26KB, 310x310px
>>324152606
Someone didn't investigate the biology labs.
>>
>>324149392
what's the problem with nazis
>>
>>324152606

no, the institute did it as well. you can find this out by exploring the FEV labs and reading terminal entries. or just read the wiki, since that seems to be more your speed. vault tec was responsible only for the super mutants in the capital wasteland.
>>
>>324152606
Vault-Tec have nothing to do with FEV, West Tek is the responsible one, and even then it was the Master that made super mutant creation from FEV possible.

Bethesda didn't understand this all.

But anyway, the Institute clearly have a FEV lab which you should have fucking found if you did the quests
>>
>>324152930
Fucking Bethesda didn't understand at all the difference between West Tek and Vault-Tec
>>
>>324153058
I only found that lab on my second playthrough since I went full Institute the first time around.
>>
File: 1423970835038.jpg (88KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1423970835038.jpg
88KB, 700x520px
Bottom line is there is zero prospects for anything comparable to a decent quality of life on the surface if the other factions has their way.

The institute represents the best hope for mankind's future. Period. Also, check em
>>
>>324153229
Virgil fucking gives you the quest to retrieve the personalized super mutant from his lab in the institute. Which you can't miss if you do the main quest
>>
>>324153406

sure you can, so long as you don't give a fuck about virgil
>>
When dance and Maxson argue I thought it was the best scene in the game.
>>
>>324153296

shitty point and no dubs

NCR did more than alright without super science dudes, and they had worse conditions than the commonwealth

and it's clear anyway that the institute doesn't give a shit about the wastelanders anyway, actions speak louder than words
>>
File: 1452331279901.jpg (141KB, 509x548px) Image search: [Google]
1452331279901.jpg
141KB, 509x548px
>>324153694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs
>>
File: uncleaddy.jpg (7KB, 222x225px) Image search: [Google]
uncleaddy.jpg
7KB, 222x225px
>>324151650
>You like people because of who they are, not because they are from naturally birth
>>
>>324153406
>>324153540

nvm, misunderstood what you meant
>>
>The Institute is literally The Master, The Think Tank, and some slavers thrown in a blender
>People think they aren't canon evil because muh greater good excuse some of them spit out that you cannot question because the horrible dialogue
>>
>>324153814
>it's clear the institute didn't give a shit about the wastelanders.

And why the fuck should they? The wasteland is LITERALLY fucked. The only place with a decent quality of life and a long term goal for humanity was the Institute.
>>
>>324149392
FUCK OFF

The BROTHERHOOD AREN'T NAZIS
>>
>>324155570
Are you joking? Have you actually wandered around the Commonwealth? People are doing great. They have cities and settlements and trade routes. Hell, NPCs walk around mentioning TOOTHPASTE. They have oral hygiene for fuck's sake. The only thing holding them back is the fucking Institute ruining their shit with synth spies.
>>
>>324155570

except it's really not? at the very, very least the conditions aren't any worse than the California wasteland at the beginning of fallout 1, which turned into the NCR (aka the largest, most successful post-War government we know of), and if you take the minutemen path seriously you can turn the commonwealth into a collection of thriving settlements that already have a tentative alliance. and that's without getting into how much the institute has directly tried to fuck the rest of the wasteland by killing people who discover pre-war tech and unleashing super mutants on them.

plus synths are the only original scientific advancement we see the institute make, which, why? they don't use them for anything (besides spying on wastelanders) that couldn't be done by a mr handy. for an organization that's been around 200 years and prides itself on its science, that's a pretty shit record.

in short, the only prize the institute wins is prettiest buildings

>>324156136

they're a little nazis
>>
File: kek.jpg (1MB, 1921x3002px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
1MB, 1921x3002px
>>324153814
They used to care about The commonwealth
>>
>>324157501

and after the first try they did literally the hiding thing while fucking everyone else in the ass

no way they could have used their super-science to work on more efficient water purification, or better agriculture, or literally anything else that could have helped the wasteland more than super mutants and fake gorillas

or at least they could not kill people who are standing between them and their pre-war tech/escaped slaves
>>
reminder: the institute slaughtered the entire settlement of university point because they didn't immediately agree to turn over some pre-war data
>>
>>324155570
>The wasteland is LITERALLY fucked
>crops grow without GECK
>clean water is readily available
>there is a factory that produces meat cans
>the only place with high radiation is ground zero, but it is away and irrelevant
>>
>>324158552
B-but science!
>>
File: 1452946499216.jpg (23KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
1452946499216.jpg
23KB, 640x468px
>mother is murdered because she wouldn't give her baby over to some massive bloke with a .44
>kidnapped from family and raised underground, fed constant lies and other shit
>never even sees the surface
>releases his dad from the cryopod just to see what would happen
>gives literally no fucks about meeting his own father, only cares about your existence because he knows you'll do what he says without question for muh institute
>eventually goes to the surface after bunker hill to the roof of the Institute and says hurrr there's no life here as he looks at the super mutants he fucking authorised to roam over the surface and roaming synth gangs burning down villages and replacing people
>doesn't turn around and see the settlements his dad has spent time creating to fucking help people rather than play God with fucking gorillas with his techno-fetishist friends

I threw the Hi Honey holotape on his dying body as the Railroad blew up his autism fortress. What an entitled little prick.
>>
>>324158085
Don't forget about the time the Institute fucked up that family farm.

Instead of making their own farm literally anywhere in the wasteland because they can fucking teleport they decide to kidnap a local farmer, torture and murder him, then replace him with a Synth.

All this to simply grow some experimental crops and see how they turn out on surface soil.

And after the experiment is complete they murder the rest of the family too because muh greater good.

When you have multiple people writing one faction it helps if they meet up and compare notes at least once during development. Otherwise you get the garbage writing of The Institute, who cannot decide if they are supposed to be lol whacky evil like FO3 enclave or a sympathetic, misunderstood faction that has to make "hard choices". Instead they are a pack of drooling idiots who do everything they can to maximize bodycount and then turn around and cry that people hate them.
>>
I just hope someone creates a mod that lets you point out to Shawn how fucking retarded he and the Institue are being. Since Bethesda was too busy rocket 69ing everything to include that as a dialogue choice or a quest.
>>
Maybe this is just a difference in perspective, but I didn't see it as bad writing so much as the Institute being deluded about their own importance. Some of them are obviously decent people, but the leadership has a bad case of big-head syndrome, combined with their serious energy problem, leads them to make dumb mistakes because they're all scientists who don't understand that being an expert in one thing doesn't make them better than anyone else.

Basically exactly what would happen if you had a bunch of STEM faculty and students living together underground for 200 years.
>>
>no option to right their wrongs as new director
was bad enough but then
>killed everyone guarding hoard of technology that would end violence and other problems of the wasteland
>lets nuke it lol
>>
>>324148950
why didn't they give you shawn the professor hairstyle?

this still triggers the fuck out of me...
>>
File: inside out.jpg (386KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
inside out.jpg
386KB, 1280x720px
>tfw a friend of yours was super hyped enough to buy the pipboy edition
>tried to warn him
>didn't listen
>ended up hating both the game and the cheap plastic shit pipboy
welp
>>
This game didn't really do much other than make me want Obsidian to make another fallout game.

Seeing as how we got character development over world development. It really pisses me off how FO1 and FO2 are so forgotten because of the recent meme fallouts.

If they did New York and didn't fuck up, I'd be fine. Hell, let's do another country to expand the lore outside the US.
>>
>>324164863
isn't new york canonically just a big hole
>>
>>324164863
>let's do another country to expand the lore outside the US.
no thanks
fallout is entirely all about the US
the best we'll get is Canada or Mexico
>>
>>324165083
texas border game.....
texan brotherhoods vs mexicos cartels
>>
>>324149392
this. the factions ins FO4 are so damn flat and one dimensional that its pretty much them all finger pointing going "we dont like those other people"
>>
>>324165083
bordering an area that wasn't affected/was affected by fallout
>>
>>324148950

Brotherhood ending is worst ending
>>
File: 2015-12-19-1923.jpg (732KB, 1920x3230px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19-1923.jpg
732KB, 1920x3230px
>not forcing all four factions into an uneasy treaty
¿Por que no los cuatro?
>>
File: 29229929.png (36KB, 1555x231px) Image search: [Google]
29229929.png
36KB, 1555x231px
>>324165414
Butt that's wrong
>>
>>324165669
>>324165669
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3511/?
>>
>>324165791
>>324165669
Nigga I just used the console commands to skip the faction betrayals/destruction quests and now I'm the Railroad's top agent, a BoS Sentinel, the Director of the Institute and the General of the Minutemen.

I have so much caps, loot and wastelander and synth pussy shoved in my face that I don't know what to do with all of it.
>>
>>324165669

On one of my characters I've been doing institute and railroad missions in paralell as long as I can.

Killing coursers is great because they're not hostile. Synths are never hostile during railroad quests
>>
>>324148950
>"I am a massive faggot that has never seen Blade Runner" - The Game
>>
>>324156136
They confiscate food from people by force and simply write it off as "everyone must sacrifice something".

They are cunts.

Fucking bethesda simply cannot create a balance when it comes to BoS. Either retarded white knights or tyrants with power armor.
>>
>>324151721
Bait. Not even good bait, either.
>>
>>324167742
BoS are canonically supposed to be tyrants. Lyon's BoS were an anomaly and even Bethesda realized their fuck up and retconned those pussies.
>>
I've probably put more time (351 hours) into Fo4 than anyone else here on /v/, so here's my two cents;

Minutemen
- Very disfunctional and disorganized.
- Has potential to be another Wasteland civilization like the NCR.
- Has history of falling apart due petty squabbles.

Railroad
- Vending machine liberators.
- Willing to kill actual people for synths.
- Didn't mind wiping them all out.

BoS
- Best hope for stability in the short and long run.
- Muh freedoms.

Institute
- Attempted to create the Commonwealth Provisional Government but failed to due to infighting between townships.
- Became more shut-ins after the CPG massacre.
- Used F.E.V. and Androids/Synths to cleanse the Wasteland and starting over again.
- Don't mind wiping them out.
>>
File: AD VICTORIAM.png (471KB, 1320x2436px) Image search: [Google]
AD VICTORIAM.png
471KB, 1320x2436px
>>324148950
Degenerate commie.
True patriots go with the Brotherhood.
>>
>>324165083
>fallout is entirely all about the US
Says who?
>>
>>324170109
every developer who's ever worked on the game?
>>
>>324170109
Everything iconic about the setting, like Power Armor, Vaults, FEV, the general aesthetics of the world, background, and lore, centers on the US.

In europe for example, there would not be vaults, no fev, no power armor, none of the jingoistic murrican culture stuff. It would lack everything that makes Fallout the setting that it is.
>>
>>324170292
So what? Maybe they could try expanding on the lore instead of recycling the same ideas for familiarity, especially when it doesn't make sense (eg. super mutants on the east coast)
>>
>>324170506
Then it would not be fallout, you mong.

It's like making a Red Alert game suddenly take place in 1200 century mongolia.
There would be nothing left of what makes the setting what it is.
>>
>>324160702
>Instead they are a pack of drooling idiots who do everything they can to maximize bodycount and then turn around and cry that people hate them.

Good portrayal of an average MIT STEM-baby in fact.
>>
File: Fallout-4-Maxson-2.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Maxson-2.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
Who /pol/ here?
>>
>>324160702
The institute has no sense of right or wrong.
>>
>>324148950
What's wrong with brahmin meat?
Let me guess, you never tried cooking anything?
>>
>>324170109
The rest of the world is a fucking glowing crater. The US was essentially the last country unscathed by nuclear fire and total collapse before the Great War.

Europe and the Middle East/Africa wiped each other out decades before.

Asia was ostensibly overrun by China then wiped out by the US invasion by T-51b shock troops, robots, Deathclaws and Super Mutants.

The only place that hasn't been mentioned to be destroyed is Antarctica. That said it's probably a glowing crater too.
>>
>>324170987
>Asia was ostensibly overrun by China
how typical
>>
>>324170987
South America and Africa might be okay as they aren't really ever mentioned, although the mass extinction event would probably have fucked them up pretty bad.
>>
The institute seemed like it was supposed to be the "we do horrible shit but it's going to end up doing great things for everyone" faction but Bethesda's writers are terrible.

They have all this miracle tech but they literally don't do shit with it to help anyone despite talking about the greater good.

A better writer would give them reasons. Like, them needed synths to terraform the really fucked places because they are resistant to radiation and are hardy enough to defend themselves.
>>
File: 1441132461533.gif (473KB, 375x215px) Image search: [Google]
1441132461533.gif
473KB, 375x215px
>>324169669
>fighting for human-looking things that aren't your species
>>
>>324170506
>Le suber mutents don't beloong on de east coast meme
Stop bitching. Everyone on /v/ bitches about this. It's fine. It's canon that they're there. Just. Stop. Bitching
>>
>>324171627
So why couldn't Fallout happen in another country then?
>>
>>324171094
Remember than Communism was still a thing in Fallout's divergent universe. The Soviets survived a while longer but collapsed when the global energy crisis started. China was a super power by then and had annexed them and use their land bridges to cross over to Alaska and hold it for nearly a decade before the US pushed them out, invaded China and finally craterized it.

>>324171234
The Americas were assumed to have collapsed before the Great War too. I would think that heavy reliance on fossil fuels when the crisis began would be multiple magnitudes of fuck for them.

At least Mexico was nuked too, according to Raul the Ghost Vanquero.
>>
>>324171746
Because FEV was created by the U.S. To create the perfect super soldier but it backfired and created super mutants TA ding dong
>>
>>324149521
He's a bitch, fuck him
>>
Was it ever actually explained why the institute kidnapped people and replaced them with synths?
>>
>>324170109
The US was the only country to mass develop and market nuclear energy for the masses. At the very least, they had fission batteries for gadgets and portable fusion reactors for cars and homes.
>>
>>324169478
>>324169669

I literally don't understand how anyone can be sympathetic to the BoS or the Institute over the Railroad (who are rescuing sapient beings from slavery) or Minutemen (who are basically just citizens who can be brought into an alliance by the Lone Survivor).

The BoS are a little better than the Institute insofar as they're actually trying, but Elder Maxon is an idiot who can't separate the threat of the Institute from synths in general and treats all Ghouls as if they're feral, all while prattling on about "muh human purity" and "muh corruption of man by technology" (himself exempted, because he knows better). And he's gotten the rest of the BoS to go along with him, raising an army of racist, militaristic knights.

(Also, on the subject of Synths, it's canon that Synths are biologically indistinguishable from normal humans, just with cybernetic implants--all the evidence that they're "not real people" applies to any human in this setting that is given the same implants)
>>
I can't decide whether to go with Railroad or Minutemen, help me decide.
>>
>>324172127
They gave up with the Wastelanders and planned to do some experiments and wipe the slate clean eventually.

X6-88 mentions this often enough saying the Commonwealth's time is at an end.
>>
>>324157232
And yet they don't sweep up the rubble in their houses, or the trash everywhere. Checkmate, wastelanders. Go die in a radiation storm, you absolute savages.
>>
>>324172352
Unless you like helping settlements in trouble and having them marked on your map I would go with the railroad. Deacon is leagues better than Preston too.
>>
The point of the Institute is that they are without a doubt doing work that will put humanity back on its feet, but at the same time they are doing some questionable shit in their drive against this goal. If you speak to the guys in the bioscience divison, you learn that they are working hard on coming up with plants and animals that aren't irradiated messes so humanity can restore it's food supplu for example.
>>
I have to ask. What exactly are synths?

Are they androids with humanoid skin like Terminators or cloned humans with cybernetic implants?

The term is kinda blurred here.
>>
>>324172668
>they are without a doubt doing work that will put humanity back on its feet

Like making fake gorillas and killing random people and replacing them with synths for no apparent reason? And turning people into super mutants and then throwing them into the Commonwealth?
>>
>>324172779
The latter.
>>
>>324172167
At least choosing the BoS, Institute or even the fucking Minutemen over the Railroad would create stability.

The Railroad is not a faction foot the greater good. They are selfish and are quite uninterested in the plight of the rest of the Wasteland.

Desmonda and Deacon and the rear of the agents tell you themselves. They will not and cannot save humans.

Also Synths cannot reproduce, you know, a basic biological function even bacterium can perform. Destroy the Institute and you destroy the Synths anyway.
>>
>>324172867

Maybe you should read everything I wrote.
>>
BoS wants to nuke the Institute, which is complete madness. The knowledge and technology lost in such an action would keep humanity stranded as it is for many more years to come.
>>
>>324172352

you can do both, the railroad stays friendly if you do the minutemen endgame and *do the optional objectives*
>>
>>324172779
They are humans made out of synthetic organic materials, which at first glance appear to be natural but were manufactured in a lab. They also have more obvious cybernetics inside.
>>
>>324172779

At the time of FO4, synths are almost like a real human, only made in a workshop. You hear numerous times that doctors in the wasteland can't distinguish between a synth and a real human.
>>
>>324172167
>2167â–¶>>324172906
>>>324169478
>implying you can enslave robots
>>
>>324173417
Does it give you a different ending to if you go with solely the Railroad?
>>
So are modern synths made with previous human minds?

Because Nick is somewhere in between Gen 2 and 3 yet has the mind of a pre-war cop? Are all other synths like this or is he the only one?
>>
File: 1452110555666.jpg (235KB, 1080x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1452110555666.jpg
235KB, 1080x1237px
>>324149392
>Minutemen are just you and an autist
being able to dress up Preston in proper historic attire, though...
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 281x281px
>>324173856
>You can't ask anyone in the institute about Nick and why he was created
JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>324173856
It depends. Some are trying to be direct copies of wastelanders to replace them. Some I would assume have made up backstories that someone just thought up.
>>
>>324172906

yeah, but you can do both them and the minutemen at the same time, they don't force you to choose between saving humans and saving synths; they've just decided that saving slaves is what they want to dedicate their lives to.

plus I don't see what the synths' inability to reproduce has to do with anything? there's still a difference between letting someone live even though they can't continue their "species" and hunting them down to shoot them in the face?

>>324173720

bait

>>324173769

you do indeed, but the end effects are mostly the same; you'll take down the institute and piss off the brotherhood. the quests are different towards the end, but you can still do pretty much every railroad quest but the very last ones and still get a minutemen ending (since the minutemen endgame triggers once you get kicked out of the institute)
>>
>>324172779
Gen 1
>animated mechanical exoskeletons

Gen 2
>same as previous generation but encased in a polymer skin

Gen 2.5 (Nick Valentine)
>same as Gen 2 but with a more complex neuron system with embedded pre-war/human memories
>also has slightly more advanced polymer skin for greater physical emotion displays/interaction

Gen 3
>synthetic biological organs and skin
>almost human like neuron system with cybernetic enhancements/remote control/emergency redundancies
>experiences REM sleep therefore can dream and essentially feel emotions
>>
File: dinking your tears.jpg (48KB, 302x222px) Image search: [Google]
dinking your tears.jpg
48KB, 302x222px
>>324169669

delicious white fear
>>
>>324174030
There's a hidden holotape (Director's Holotape 108, I think) that alludes to Nick being deployed above ground then "malfunctioning" eventually.
>>
>>324174198
You're not just talking Synths. You're also talking about the RR which clearly not only ignore the plight of your average Wastelander but also antagonized them too.

THEY ARE WILLING TO KILL ACTUAL HUMANS TO SAVE NON-HUMANS.

Synths are not human.

They don't eat, sleep.

I hope you're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>324175043
They do those things though
>>
>>324170109
im from EU and i say Fallout is murica its big part of its charm...
>>
>>324175384
No they don't. Read the Scribe Haylen's personal reports on Paladin Danse. She has never seen him sleep or eat. Also they don't really care about radiation poisoning, you know something that kill humans.

Let's not forget the cannon make babies thing too.

I'm starting to think you're actually retarded.
>>
>>324175043

>They don't eat, sleep.

I don't understand why you think this matters? At the very least, the Gen3s demonstrate as much sapience as any wastelander. Why does the simple fact that they were created give them less rights than any other sapient creature, especially the ones trying to enslave/kill them?

Hint: it doesn't

It might be a different story if synths in general (independent of the institute) were trying to subvert humanity, but that's not even a little true; in fact, as far as I'm aware, we see only one instance of a hostile non-Institute synth in the whole game.

>I hope you're just pretending to be retarded.

Says the guy basing morality on species categories?
>>
File: YULES OF NATURE.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
YULES OF NATURE.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>324148950
>>324149392
>>324150235
>>324150430
>>324151650
What triggered me the most is how anti-BoS the BoS are in FO4. Bethesda ruined them in FO3 by turning them into the wasteland good guy police force, and they tried to do the exact opposite in FO4 but totally fucked it up.

The BoS would NEVER EVER nuke something like the Institute. They would try to find a way to seize control of it and use it for themselves. It's probably the most secure facility in the entire world and it would make the perfect HQ for their operations on the east coast instead of some shitty floating zeppelin that they can't even keep fueled or cooled for too long.

Seriously, you get the BoS INSIDE the fucking Institute. You get their own people on the inside and they could totally take it all for themselves. Which is what any non-Bethesda BoS would do. But instead they're like "Okay, now that we're inside and have killed everything hostile and there is no more resistance, let's nuke it."

No. Just fucking no. Why? For what purpose? Nobody except YOU and the BoS, who isn't even an outsider to the BoS, knows how to get inside the Institute if you take their route. What do they have to worry about? Nobody can come in and steal tech except for them if you sided with them.

It doesn't make any fucking sense and I hate Bethesda for doing that.
>>
>>324148950
>Created super mutants
>Created violent synths
>Kidnaps innocent people
>Doesn't care even remotely that the player character's life was fucking ruined by the institute

nah, Father's a fucking faggot and killing him made the most sense.
>>
File: 1452396777418.jpg (60KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452396777418.jpg
60KB, 600x750px
>got spoilered by the many "kill your son or nuke boston" posts
>play the game
>you dont actually nuke boston, just a small block off to the side
>>
>>324151650
Sure, but I wouldn't prioritize them over other people, let alone myself.
>>
>>324175808
Look. I don't mind the Gen 3 synths myself. But the Railroad are a menace that needs to be destroyed, regardless if you care about Synths or not.

But at least we can agree that synths are not human.
>>
>>324176010
who is this semen demon
>>
>>324175997
This makes too much sense. Why are their writers (if they have any) such hacks?
>>
>>324175997
I guess they don't want Synth cooties.
>>
>>324176123

You are an idiot. The only sensible reconstruction of your argument is this:

1) Synths are not human (species)
2) Anyone who prioritizes the well-being of a non-human over the well-being of a human is doing something wrong
3) The railroad sometimes prioritizes the well-being of non-humans over humans (i.e. killing people who are trying to kill or enslave synths)
4) Therefore, the railroad is doing something wrong.

But you haven't given any reason for why we should accept 2). Unless you give some reason for why we should accept that human sapients are more important than non-human sapients, you have no point. Zero. Nothing. Unless you're prepared to defend some sort of naturalistic or evolutionary morality (every version of which I've seen is ass), then shut up.
>>
>>324176319
>>324176428
The BoS already has the Institute's entire research history and catalogue on Holotape.

They wanted to make sure that the Institute themselves are completely wiped out and that only themselves have access to the technologies.

I'd say they did that indubitably.
>>
>>324176123
why are you crying that they didn't come out of a vagina
you've never even seen one, what's the big deal
>>
>>324176547
You've to be full retard I see.
>>
>>324173573
>at first glance
and second
and third
basically as long as you don't crack their skull open or say a specific phrase
>>
>>324176893

Your well-explained counterargument has left me in shambles. I shall retreat in shame and live the rest of my days in solitude, contemplating how I could have not seen your wisdom sooner.
>>
File: 1418181397824.jpg (166KB, 914x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1418181397824.jpg
166KB, 914x1024px
>>324176794
They might have the research, but they don't have the facilities to put it to use. Because they nuked them.

What are they gonna do with all of it? They can't do anything. The Institute was already having trouble keeping the lights on and they were forced to tap into above-ground power grids on top of their already MASSIVE power generation.

What does the BoS have for power generation other than fusion cores? Oh right, scrap metal generators. If fusion cores could work for the Institute then why wouldn't they just use those instead of waste time siphoning power from the surface or terrorizing the Commonwealth to build a highly advanced plasma-fusion generator?

None of it makes any god damn sense. It'd be like if you stole the step-by-step guide to paint the Mona Lisa but destroyed all the paintbrushes and canvases on the planet.
>>
>>324148950
>Was he meant to be the villain of the game?

But is not.
>>
>>324176547
>Anyone who prioritizes the well-being of a non-human over the well-being of a human is doing something wrong

when you are living day to day in fucking lean tos and destroyed buildings barely able to feed and hydrate yourself what good is a moody robot who would rather go and cry about being yelled out then serve humans and help you survive

every small minute resource they consume for any reason not in the direct service of mankind is a declaration of war on mankind, once everyone can feed and shelter themselves then sure let my toaster go walk around for a bit

but until then any inch taken up by a synth is wasted space for humans
>>
>>324176893
XD GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
>>
File: 1448576294609.png (280KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448576294609.png
280KB, 400x400px
the things that made me hate the institute were
>Nick Valentine being a bro
>finding out Danse was a synth, and destroying the brotherhood because i respect him as a friend
>putting Curie into a synth body and falling in love with her

I realized that all my favourite companions were synths and i didn't care about the future of humanity, or my 'son' who i had never known before right then

maybe it was selfish to live for myself and in the present but fuck it, the power of friendship swayed me
>>
>>324177250
>every small minute resource they consume for any reason not in the direct service of mankind is a declaration of war on mankind
you sound fucking autistic, you know that?
>any time spent not sucking my dick or kissing my ass means you're clearly against us and want us dead
like goddamn. you're real stupid
>>
File: If Bethesda Did The Divide.png (77KB, 1111x344px) Image search: [Google]
If Bethesda Did The Divide.png
77KB, 1111x344px
>>324177126
>or terrorizing the Commonwealth to build a highly advanced plasma-fusion generator?
No one would've been terrorized in that instance, the brotherhood inserted themselves into that situation.
>>
If the Institute was explained better I would've had more sympathy. But when meeting Father the game only lets you ask a few questions then your never again able to ask anymore pertaining to their goals. All the kidnapping, murder and obsession with synths is swept under the rug and never explained.
>>
>>324177250

That argument applies equally well to a group that tries to save human slaves, *unless you give a reason why humans are more important than synths*.

Also free synths act just like humans, meaning they generally contribute to settlements, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Really this is a reason to shoot the Longs, not to not care about synths.
>>
>>324169669
>Liberty Prime
Wait, wasn't that a completely unique thing built by the BoS in Fallout 3?
Or do I remember wrong?
>>
>>324148950
>the future of humanity is in synths! We must replace the surface people with them! We do not want any trouble from the surface, leave us alone!

Then why are you replacing surface people with synths? How are synths the future of humanity?

>shrugs
>>
>>324177625
The Institute was already actively seeking power generation related research well before the Brotherhood showed up. Go to University Point. They were seeking anything and everything they could which is a big reason why they kept kidnapping people and replacing them with synths. They not only wanted to keep tabs on the population but also have ears out to pick up on anything interesting, like old research archives being found by a bunch of scavvers.
>>
>>324177886
You remember right. Bethesda just decided to bring it back for F4
>>
>>324177886
It was restored by the BoS in FO3. It was being built before the war, but never saw any anti-Communist nuclear laser action.
>>
>>324177725
Makes sense why would the institute let out all it's secret to some asshole that roams the waste killing everything on sight.
>>
>>324178018
Oh yeah. I forgot what the institute wanted from that place.
>>
>>324178129
Shit excuse really.

If they wouldn't tell you right away, they should've at least told you after you became the fucking leader. Plus you're Father's father and everyone was told to welcome you with open arms as a fully fledged member of the Institute.
>>
>>324178129
>let out
No, that would be if you could ask all the questions you want and you get lied to or misled when you challenge their response.

>killing
Oh fuck this meme. Every single fucking one of those raiders/gunners/mutants would've had you adorning their lair as a meat lamp if you didn't defend yourself, or they'd live on to do it to others without the same capacity to defend yourself.
>>
>>324178070
Okay, but yeah it WAS an unique thing.
It wasn't some mass produced super weapon that should be anywhere near Boston, right?
>>
I hate how the player never really seems to question the Wasteland.

Like yeah at the beginning he's like what the fuck is going on but after that he completely settles.

They could've done so much more with the story by just delving deeper into the character's emotions because he's been thrusted into a fucking post-apocalyptic wasteland 200 years in the future and everything he once knew is completely fucking gone.
>>
The biggest issue with everything was that you couldn't question anybody meaningfully. Like Maxson. You can't WTF dude, I've got friends who are syntjs, ghouls and mutants, they're not all bad. Chill the fuck out a little. No, you either go with them or say "Uh, il think about it. Bye "

Absolutely terrible writing. I'm not even an Obsidian babby but it was literally worse than Fallout 3 as far as writing goes.
>>
>>324170742
Why did they make him so sexy, bros?
>>
File: 1404359674823.jpg (20KB, 314x325px) Image search: [Google]
1404359674823.jpg
20KB, 314x325px
>>324178280
Not him but that's another shitty thing with Bethesda games. There's absolutely no reason for the Institute to trust you. There's no reason for the BoS to trust you. There's no reason for the Railroad to trust you, and there sure as hell is no reason for the Minutemen to trust you.

If Preston were intelligent he would have shot you the instant he saw you. He had no reason to think you would help him. No wonder he kept losing people. He trusts everybody that approaches and then gets shot at.

The BoS are fucking retarded because their chain of command involves an instant promotion to Initiate as a complete outsider when all you've done is help recover some tech that you shouldn't have been able to do in the first place because of the disposition with the BoS and sharing.

The Railroad DEFINITELY has no reason to trust you. At all. You crack their stupid shitty puzzle, they point some guns at you, you say something not pertinent, and they go "Welcome to our HQ!". If they were smart, they would have shot you the second you walked through that passage with how much they've been hunted.

And as for the Institute...the only reason they trust you is because your son trusts you. Which, once again, if they were smart and saw that you were some crazy dude with a ton of loose screws roaming the wasteland fucking robots and eating corpses, would not for a single moment allow you into the Institute at all.

But whatever. That's Bethesda.
>>
>>324178516
I was blown up by the Enclave before it could officially wipe them out. Apparently, the pieces were scavenged by the Brotherhood and then put on the airship when they shipped off to the Commonwealth to investigate Institute operations.
>>
The problem that Fallout 4 had was the fact that it wasn't a game where you could play yourself.
Now you are a specific character instead of a random bloke who has pretty much no past or connections to anything.
>>
Why the FUCK were the Atom Cats not a major faction.

Those guys were so fucking cool.
>>
>>324159627
i experienced this anger as well

blew his useless fucking brains out with my double barrel the second i met him
>>
>>324178870
*it

I-I'm totally not Liberty Prime posting on a Com-er, anime imageboard or anything.
>>
>>324178843

But anon, the player has to constantly get their dick sucked by npcs or the power fantasy will break and they'll go to another game!
>>
File: winro.jpg (5KB, 138x138px) Image search: [Google]
winro.jpg
5KB, 138x138px
>>324178871
>Made Nora a lawyer instead of another veteran even though there are plenty of women in Fallout's military
>Removing the one flimsy reason why your family man/woman can get out of stasis and go full operator and use power armor, etc
>>
>>324178843
At least with the Railroad, Deacon says some shit about you being big news all over the Commonwealth, and telling Desdemona that she'd be stupid to kill you or tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>324178843
>There's absolutely no reason for the Institute to trust you.
Your son trusts that you won't murder him then you start working for them a bit and build a history of reliability.

>bos
Paladin Danse trusts you and he's an exemplary soldier. They should've doubted you once people found out he was a synth.

>the railroad
They had people watching you for a while now and the doktor dude still didn't trust you, but you started doing some missions (more work than the average agent I'm sure) and at that point, why not trust you?

>but my character is a psycopath half-way to raiderdom and...
Naturally character reactions to the PC are designed for the average player, not your psychotic ass.
>>
>>324178843
At least if I was the mailman there would be a reason for everyone to put me in charge.
>>
>>324178870
That doesn't make sense. The area was under command of a splinter faction of Brotherhood who wasn't exactly friendly with the main group.
Did they go on a hostile territory where they would have to fight against an faction with similar firepower as them just to retrieve pieces of metal they couldn't even be sure would be of any use?
>>
Fallout 4's biggest story issue is that there was so much potential and they shat all over it
The Minutemen could've been an eastern NCR, with quests to develop an actual organization rather than some ragtag "alliance" of settlements saved by one guy
The Institute could've had some real progress and plans that were truly for the good of humanity and it's success, instead of coming across as the wasteland's boogeyman. Quite similar to House in NV, without the god complex. It just seems to me like Bethesda had the idea of synths and wrote the Institute in as an explanation for them, and they're admittedly a neat concept and done well enough, but anything with the Institute or it's reasoning is retarded.
I'd say anything written by one person was done well because it had a consistent theme/idea/personality (like most of the companions, who were actually my highlight of the game like fucking Nick Valentine) or some of the small factions like Goodneighbor, the Atom Cats and a few others were done well, presumably because there weren't conflicting ideas. None of the main factions seemed to have a cohesive concept of what their faction was.
desu senpai the plot of fo3 was better than fo4
>>
>>324179124
>and use power armor
training is completely retconned

get in, wiggle your extremities, you're good to go
>>
>>324178843
I don't know why their pacing is always so bad.

They make these fucking HUGE games, but they can't manage to add a few missions into faction storylines before you suddenly become the greatest member the faction has ever seen.
>>
>>324148950
The Institute is basically a shit Big MT without the excuse of insanity.

What the fuck Bethesda.
>>
File: 1362894396342.gif (12KB, 150x116px) Image search: [Google]
1362894396342.gif
12KB, 150x116px
Hmm who gives a shit you get to fuck a synth named Curie, hey and speaking of that do synths fell pleasure? Does Curie have a panini and a fucking womb? can synths get pregnant?
>>
>>324179339
When Maxson's waifu died and he went full edgelord he changed the DC brotherhood backto what it originally was, and likely reabsorbed the outcasts.

Some of the FO4 brotherhood have some glaring red/black trim on their armor, suggesting maybe some integration from the outcasts.
>>
>>324178937
Their poetry was the most fun I had with fo4
>>
>>324179591
Gen 3 synths are for all intensive porpoises human with functioning (if synthetic) organs
>>
>>324179480
They fucked that up really good.
Thanks to the power armors being so fucking common that fucking RAIDERS were using them and the fact that you had them after your first proper fight in the entire game ruined any sense of them being special.
You had to EARN the right to use them.
>>
>>324179665
and he was cucked by a cyborg lone wanderer
>>
Institute can't cure cancer or the common cold.
Meanwhile a repurposed janitor locked in a broom closet is making breakthroughs left and right.

Not impressed with the fanciest scav faction in the Commonwealth at all.
>>
>>324179778
Yeah I didn't like that. I thought the Power Armour was gonna be this crazy shit that you got later on in the game, kinda like the Skells in Xenoblade X.

Instead you literally get it in the first mission and it hardly changes anything except makes you a bit slower and stronger and makes you fall over a bit when you jump off high cliffs.

I still use it all the time but still. It should've been made a bigger deal.
>>
>>324179957
>Institute can't cure cancer
Cure random cell mutations or a constantly changing virus?

Only FEV cured it.
>>
>>324151629

>kidnap people and replace them with synths to spy on and subvert wasteland civilization

Am I the only one that felt this was pretty well explained and justified?
>>
>>324179665
Fuck... I GUESS that makes some sense...
It's still fucking retarded that Liberty Prime is in Fallout 4, but fuck it whatever.
It's not like I'm ever going to buy that thing.
Already pirated it and played it maybe for 2 hours and haven't touched it since.
>>
>>324177345
Nick being a bro doesn't really have to do anything with the institute though. He's basically an actual human personality in a robot suit.
>>
>>324180327

The motivation is explained well enough, the point is that it's wrong.
>>
>>324179957
Almost forgot.
They made some random wastelander head of engineering because he read the copy of "Popular Mechanics" they gave him.
>>
>>324180053
And the fact that there are probably closer to 100 of them in the game makes them fucking worthless.
>>
>>324179957
>Meanwhile a repurposed janitor locked in a broom closet is making breakthroughs left and right.

Who?
>>
>>324180828
Curie, I assume
>>
>>324180828
Not him but you get a mission from the Institute to solve an "altercation" with the Minutemen when synths show up to kidnap a random guy who locked himself in his house when he saw synths approaching who is somehow a resident expert on fusion generators.
>>
>>324180828
Curie
>>
>>324180819
And there's barely any models of it. And there's no real choice as to which one to use. One is just better than the next.

It's not like "oh the Raider suit is faster but it isn't as durable as the X-01", it's just "the X-01 is better than the Raider suit".
>>
>>324181052
>>324181061
Oh, I haven't actually met her yet.

I need to get around to that.
>>
>>324181410
aside from the waifushittery she's actually a pretty decent character with interesting motivations

give her a shot

and if you ARE a waifufag then i guess you're in luck because she's c u t e
>>
Is it even possible to progress the story without bringing Preston and his annoying buddies to Sanctuary Hills and becoming the general?
>>
>>324181640
>and if you ARE a waifufag then i guess you're in luck because she's c u t e

I'm already fucking Piper tbqh
>>
>>324181697
I don't see why it wouldn't be. Just go straight to Diamond City.
>>
Does anyone else hardly fuck with the companions?

Like I grab one and I use them for most of the time. I need to start using all of them so I can get full relationship with all of them but I can never really be bothered.
>>
>>324182004
only useful for the buff at max rep and for carrying my 20 miniguns
>>
Why is there romance in this game.

Your wife just got murdered in cold blood and you've woken up 200 years in the future. Why are you flirting with the news reporter chick you just met when you've known your wife for years?
>>
>>324181813
I meant getting into the Institute, is there any other way to build the teleport than using Sturges?
>>
>>324182184
y'all need that rebound romance to heal, babygirl
>>
>>324182271
You can build the teleporter with any of the factions.
>>
>>324182184
Because sex sells.

Haven't you seen Bioware? Lots of waifufags buy the game just for romance.
Bethesda loves the smell of money. Fuck logic or plot. We want audience.
>>
>>324149392
this is pretty true. Institute is the only thing I'd correct by saying they didn't explicitly make murder bots and try to fuck peoples shit they just saw their shit as the continuation of humanity therefore everything else is/was null.
>>
>>324182779
But they release Gen 1s and 2s that fuck people up indiscriminately and the Super Mutant release thing is abhorrent.
>>
>>324182724
At least Bioware has legit romance.

I have no issue with romance being in the game, it just doesn't make much sense. And the fact that you have a dead spouse is never really brought up during this. Plus it's so fucking half assed. If you're gonna put romance in the game actually PUT romance in the game. I want to care about my partner not just use them for a stupid perk.
>>
>>324182004
Companions are pretty boring anyway.
I just carry McDouchy around for the VATS bonus.
>>
>>324183287
>bioware
>legit romance
>not two sausage links awkwardly slumping up against each other in a rhythmic fashion
>>
>>324183287
>videogames
>legit romance

Come on. It's just a few dumb pickup lines, a feelsy line and buttsex. That's not romance.
>>
>>324183313
are you talking shit about my former mayor husband

he's so cute

can you imagine teasing him all the time with "YES SIR MISTER FORMER MAYOR" and 'bragging' about it to him

"oh yeah, my boyfriend? he used to be a /mayor/"
>>
>>324183287
You are not a fan of "Pick locks til the panties drop" mechanic?
>>
They wanted to eventually replace humans with synths.
>>
File: optimusprimebitches.jpg (43KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
optimusprimebitches.jpg
43KB, 500x667px
>>324183542
I really hope this is sarcasm.
>>
>>324183598
Unfortunately not it seems
>>
>>324170904
Who would have guessed that roasting is a universal solution to radiation poisoning?
>>
File: 1447739830656.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447739830656.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>324183706
>not wanting a qt former mayor bf
i mod his face to look like this guy though
so dreamy
>>
File: Holly.png (999KB, 487x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Holly.png
999KB, 487x1025px
Holly a cute.
>>
>>324184259
Stupid sexy ghouls.
>>
>>324170987
Don't most of these games take place near US cities that would be major targets during a nuclear attack?
The idea that the rest of the world is even worse off than these locations seems a bit ridiculous.
>>
File: 1452967514456.jpg (15KB, 229x230px) Image search: [Google]
1452967514456.jpg
15KB, 229x230px
>>324184135
Okay, this is a whole new level of cringe.
I don't know if this is a joke or you should be on tumblr.
>>
>>324184259
Why is that ghoul so sexy...?
>>
File: 1452378319345.png (405KB, 1672x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1452378319345.png
405KB, 1672x1440px
>>324184449
why

y'all post the same shit all the time about girls and your waifu and dressing her up

but i do the same thing with baras and suddenly it's a 'cringe' and 'a joke'

fuck you nigger
>>
>>324182004
The only companion I really recommend getting max friendship with in every game is MacCready

His perk basically lets you get free head shots in VATS
>>
File: tumblr_m2qgd2ntnE1qab8a5o1_400.png (71KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2qgd2ntnE1qab8a5o1_400.png
71KB, 300x258px
>>324184694
Waifus are still retarded.
If you were talking about a woman it'd still be a fucking joke.
>>
>>324184915
>accuses of tumblr
>uses tumblr image
poetry
>>
>>324184981
To be fair I'm just doing it for laughs. I don't really care.
>>
File: Daisy_(Fallout_4).jpg (237KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_(Fallout_4).jpg
237KB, 1680x1050px
>>324184259
>Not Daisy

shit taste
>>
File: v14.png (2MB, 1014x862px) Image search: [Google]
v14.png
2MB, 1014x862px
>>324148950

Atom Cats were clearly the only good faction.
>>
>Rockets Red Glare
>can't escape the Prudent without instantly getting gunned down

SEND HELP
>>
>>324185234
>Ayylien with hair
>Calling best ghoul waifu shit.
Bet you wished there was a nuclear winter, huh hothead?
>>
>>324185273
>To fat to even fit in Atom Cat power armour
>>
>>324185529
>Having a whore ghoul as waifu
>>
File: 1452000614730.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1452000614730.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>destroy the Institute
>Classical Radio gone forever
>>
>>324185234
NICE LIPS
>>
are pre-war ghouls really as common as they are in 4?
I always figured they were a rarity, like how Raul felt old as fuck and tired of crappy life. But in 4 there's plenty of them. Like Kent, Arlen, Daisy and I even hear random ghoul Triggermen talking about the old days pulling scams like the Vault.
They are the ones who really suffer the most.
>able to remember the good ol' days before the war
>had to watch the world fall to shit and wasteland
>try to help new people with your pre-war knowledge
>they hate you and think your a monster
>and they arn't wrong as there's always that chance of you one day going feral
>>
>>324179054
This absolutely ruined skyrim for me. I get that you're dragonborn and all but the game was talking to me like I was a child. GOOD JOB UR ARCHMAGE NOW GOOOOOD JOB!!!!!!!!! GOOD JOB UR THE LISTENER!! It almost makes me prefer Oblivion where you're literally who and Martin gets all the credit.
>>
File: Ad Victoriam.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ad Victoriam.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone who didn't go Brotherhood is a bothumping faggot.
>>
File: 7734-5-1451985427[1].png (2MB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
7734-5-1451985427[1].png
2MB, 1200x750px
>>324172352
Swag ass minutemen general coat bruv
>>
File: 1445454002081.jpg (34KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
1445454002081.jpg
34KB, 400x325px
>Brotherhood are Space Marines who destroy technology
>Railroad are irrelevant SJWs with no plan beyond sucking Synth cock
>Institute are just straight up evil
>The Minutemen are a faction of like 5 rednecks wearing rags
>>
>>324187547
>destroy technology
I wouldn't understand a dirty savage like you to understand the threat posed by AGI.
>>
>>324187115
>EnclaveX-01
My Mutie.
>>
I saw the twist a mile away, but what really pissed me off was not that Shaun was all grown up. It was that he was the Director. I thought he was going to be in his late 20s like the lone survivor before the bombs went off. I wanted to see Shaun with a family and believing that he was helping humanity under the guidance of the director. Then either you could support your son in his decision or force him to choose his father or the institute that he loves. Godammit I can write a better fucking story than this garbage
>>
File: arroyo.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
arroyo.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>324155570
>The wasteland is LITERALLY fucked
Pic related is Arroyo under NCR occupation.
>>
>>324152606
Shaun's terminal, the one you find right behind him when you first meet him literally says that they have a FEV lab.
>>
File: murka.jpg (53KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
murka.jpg
53KB, 640x402px
>>324169669
Fucking yes. Exactly how I felt during my playthrough. Filthy commies.
>>
File: kl-e-0.jpg (92KB, 689x628px) Image search: [Google]
kl-e-0.jpg
92KB, 689x628px
>>324187115

>implying you don't want all this woman
>>
>>324148950
Its just a repeat of 3 with the enclave being literally dindu nuffin wrong guys that you cant side with because the game just forces you to think they are bad. Todd "We expect all edgy teens who play bethesda games to hate america" howard was the worst person to ever happen to videogames.
>>
>>324189007
Literally anyone could write better than Emil, but they can't be assed hiring an actually competent writing team.
>>
>>324189532
you're probably a bad person
>>
>>324190036
have you ever considered that america is actually kind of shit and that the enclave ARE the bad guys
>>
>>324190036
But the Enclave are canonically the bad guys. They always have been. Not really bad, most of them are just doing their job. Which is to kill everyone that isn't Enclave.
>>
>>324190376
Lets get rid of anything that is irradiated. Somehow evil in a world where radiation is what fucked everything up. Thanks todd when can i buy your mods on xbox?
>>
>>324191014
Well thanks for reading what i posted where i said that they are made to be the bad guys while never really doing anything wrong.
>>
>>324190036
>>324191389

>Lets get rid of anything that is irradiated

Yeah, because the Enclave goes around cleaning up nuclear waste and treating people for radiation sickness instead of trying to monopolize scarce resources and attacking random wasters/the few people with the means to actually clean up and help the wasteland.

>how could someone not like everything about america

if I thought you had the mental capacity to walk I'd call you a walking example
>>
Curie is perfection. Fucking qt 3.14 beyond all comprehension. Like, how innocent is she? Holy fuck.
>>
>>324192192
Everything you described them doing sounds fine to me still. Also nice one you britbong cuck, how are you enjoying those muslims in your country?
>>
>>324192472

>okay with them attacking random people and forcing people to join them or die instead of working peacefully with the people who have done nothing to antagonize them, which is not only evil but dumb

glad to know I can disregard your opinion.

>britbong cuck

I'm born, bred, never had a chance to leave the country American, and even I'm not too dense to see how idiotic your views are.
>>
File: 1452974846979.png (337KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452974846979.png
337KB, 480x480px
>>324192472
Come on anon. Now you're just being edgy for the sake of being edgy.
>>
>>324185306
spam tab, psycho, med-x, jet, fat man
>>
>>324191014
Think about this.

The Enclave, one of, if not the most, powerful Pre-War factions equipped with the best technology available has a plan to eradicate everything that is mutated/irradiated (i.e. everything in the Wasteland).

You are a Vault Dweller, one of the rare people that is not mutated or irradiated and has been educated by Pre-War standards, that has been subjected to the horrors that the nuclear Wasteland holds and have almost killed you time and time again.

What is the most logical possible solution to this problem?

Joining the fucking Enclave.
>>
>>324193914
I think the Enclave is full retard evil but Bethesda should have at least presented that option

Fallout 3 was railroaded as absolute fuck. The factions of 4 aren't that compelling but at least there's a branching questline instead of 3's white knight brotherhood of steel bullshit
>>
>>324185306
Pop every drug you have and GTFO or mow everyone down.
>>
>>324190170
Not really
>>
WHY
DOES MY HEART
GO ON BEATING?
>>
>>324193914
You're a wasteland born ruffian than happened to grow up in a vault. You're just as mutated and irradiated as everyone else out there.
>>
>>324194186
why
do these eyes of mine
cri :'((
>>
>>324194186
Cause I'm a mighty man, I'm young and I'm in my prime.
>>
>>324194528
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>324193914
>taking the path of least resistance in a VIDEOGAME
this isn't real life
>>
>>324191498
you know, besides being cunts to everyone who isn't a vault dweller. and even then
>>
>>324194706
>>324194528
sounds like neither of you are hand-me-downs
>>
>>324181276
Power armor in this game is just a piece of shit in every aspect.

>requires cores which serves nothing because its so easily attainable
>finding armor is entirely random and not a set progressing
>each new series of armor and mod applied is a straight upgrade
>same fucking design and X-01 is basically the enclave armor

Fuck power armors in this game man, what a piece of shit.
>>
File: get-a-brain-morans.jpg (41KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
get-a-brain-morans.jpg
41KB, 480x468px
>>324192192
this is you anon
>>
>>324195243
IM 6 FEET TALL
>>
>>324192780
Edgy teens at it again. Amerikids dont know how good they have it here. The enclave doesnt fight the only people worth saving which is the enclave. All subhuman irradiated scum should be exterminated or exploited to the fullest extent.
>>
>forcing Blade Runner shit into Fallout
>factions make no sense, again
>the world isn't thought out enough, there's super mutants and bandits having outposts every ten fucking meters, nobody thought to clean up the areas around Diamond City save for one alley and two turrets

what the fuck, Todd

how do you do this every single time
>>
>>324195062
>because a video game is real life you should not be given the option to make logical decisions in an open world game where "u can do anyfing"
>>
I went institute because I was role playing as a loving father who understood he didn't know enough about the post war world and loved his son and wanted him to do what made him happy. He supported his child no matter what.

Plus becoming the director sounded cool. The peak of human knowledge along with a synthetic army at my command. I like to think he did eventually turn to helping the commonwealth though. Like that farm where they test radiation proof seeds thanks to the institute. I also like to think he started teaching Shaun about respecting life (not synths though, they're not "life"). Like for example instead of killing and replacing wastelanders just have a synth only settlement for up top experiments instead of trying to intermingle.
>>
>>324195394

what?

>>324195438

what?
>>
File: That Gun.png (949KB, 1750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
That Gun.png
949KB, 1750x1050px
>>324195508
>Blade Runner shit
>>
File: 1449758774736.jpg (110KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449758774736.jpg
110KB, 500x375px
>>324151180
>try and do good with good work.
yet they literally tell you multiple times they value synthetic life more than natural life despite the fact their own leader isn't a synth or their biggest contributer in the institute
>>
How do you even manage to put more than 10 hours into this game? It's so fucking boring
>>
>>324151180
Lol I went with the institute because the whole time I really thought they where all mechanical machines, and I wasn't aware they were biological. It also wasn't made clear how sentient they actually are, especially since you could still whisper a code into their ear and have them shut down.
>>
So did FO4 seriously steal the whole android thing from Binary Domain?
>>
File: BOSJacketandhat.jpg (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BOSJacketandhat.jpg
639KB, 1920x1080px
>>324156136
>BOS aren't nazis
shall i remind you?
>>
>>324195940

>value synthetic life more than natural life

holy SHIT how do people keep making this mistake

it's the same with the all lives matter shit

how are people unable to understand that working for the good of one group of people doesn't mean you think they're more important than everyone else?

if no one else was trying to help regular humans then the railroad's exclusive focus on synths *might* be evidence that they think synths are more important than regular humans, but that's not the case. in fact, the railroad are more or less the only organization not *actively seeking their eradication/enslavement*.
>>
>>324195524
right, it's a videogame

so why would you do the lamest easiest option instead of going all rambo and kicking their asses
>>
>>324195547
>Like that farm where they test radiation proof seeds thanks to the institute.
which he killed a farmful of people to take over
>>
>>324195394
he was being facetious you actual "MORAN"

>>324195438
>being respectful to human life is edgy
are you sure you aren't just projecting?
>calls other people edgy
>FUCKING SUBHUMAN SCUM YOU SHOULD ALL BE EXTERMINATED
>>
>>324149392
Better way is
BoS are xenophobic fucks and are just trying to repeat the mistakes of the past and hoard any tech that benefits humanity

Institute will annihilate the commonwealth eventually, have no understanding of their creations, and basically will be overthrown by their own machines at some point

Railroad are domestic terrorists

Minutemen will fall again the second your character leaves the commonwealth or dies
>>
>>324195940
>yet they literally tell you multiple times they value synthetic life more than natural life
except at no point in the game do they ever, ever say this
>>
>>324197226
My point is is that the option should be available. If you are meant to be able to do anything you want, then you should be able to join the "bad guys," even if they are objectively evil. Some people want to play that way.
>>
>>324197226
>why would people want to do something other than shoot everything that moves
Congratulations, you are the target audience for Fallout 4.
>>
>>324182184
you've been gone from your wife for a long time doing war and shit. You probably already had some side tail over in Alaska already.

It's war vet returns home 101 basic writing. They grow distant. Both have paramours on the side. He comes back. She get's pregnant. They make an effort to get their lives back together once the baby shows up, evident by how cheesy and over the top they are in the pre war scene. But it won't last.
>>
>>324197761
congratulations you're a pretentious faggot who wants to join the objectively evil group and expects asspats for making such a unique and different choice than the average player

the only reason i'd ever choose to join them is because i'd want to see what happens. otherwise i'd have more fun shooting and blowing shit up and doing things you can't do in real life

joining a group of douchebag extremists isn't hard in real life. just open an account on stormfront
>>
>>324198292
>because id want to see what happens

That is the exact argument I'm making. People WANT to see what happens. It is something that I should be able to do.
>>
>>324198657
yeah but's it more of a boring last-on-the-checklist sort of thing
like once i've finished everything else the game has to offer
>>
>>324149392
Institute are actually the good guys in my book because they are actually figuring out how to live without having to deal with the radiation.

Here is the problem though:
>people don't want to be saved but the institute are trying to save them by force
>people don't appreciate the institute "borrowing" their families and replacing them with synths without permission
>the "borrowed" people have actually contributed a ton to the institute as was the example with the guy you take from the Greygarden House

I have a feeling most of you guys did not appreciate your own son using you as an experiment or beleive the tales of the boogeymen.
>>
>>324198657

When does a game owe you the ability to be a villain? When it gives you the ability to choose a faction? When it gives you the ability to make a story decision? When it lets you choose dialogue? When it lets you choose your path through the level? If you want unlimited freedom, go play a tabletop; there's a limit to the amount of content that can be put into a video game.

>>324198937

>Institute are actually the good guys
>actually the good guys
>good guys

THE INSTITUTE SLAUGHTERED AN ENTIRE TOWN BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY TURN OVER DATA

THE INSTITUTE SLAUGHTERED AN ENTIRE TOWN BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY TURN OVER DATA

what the FUCK is wrong with you?!
>>
>>324199456
It owes you the ability when calls itself a ROLE PLAYING GAME.
>>
>>324199456
fuck that town lmao
>>
>>324198937
>list perfectly valid reasons why someone would say 'ha, no, fuck off' to the institute
>still seems to be confused why people hate them
really?
>>
>>324198937
>Killing humanity and replacing them with hollow children
>Good guys
>>
>>324185098

>I'm just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>324199952

>chrono trigger: why can't i help lavos
>paper mario: why can't i join bowser
>oblivion: why can't i join the mythic dawn and help dagon conquer mundus
>fallout 1: why can't i help the master conquer the wasteland
>fallout 2: why can't i join the enclave

you're not just an idiot, you're a full-circle idiot
>>
>>324200841

slight correction: you can technically choose to join the master in fallout 1; it gets you a cutscene and a game over
>>
>>324200841
>don't know anything about the first two
>legitimate question
>you can though
>because they're completely genocidal as opposed to the east coast's mildly genocidal
>>
>>324172167
>fighting for venting machines rights
Fucks off
>>
>>324148950
>there's no way to confront him with the fact that you've seen with your own two eyes that the Institute kills random people and replaces them with synths

This is where the game's story lost me, honestly. The quests had already lost me when Hunter/Hunted turned an interesting idea (hunting a courser) into a straight up repeat of the Kelogg mission.
>>
But guys, Fallout 4 got a DICE nomination for best story. :^)
>>
>>324172352
Minutemen questline is underdeveloped as shit. You get one cool quest and that's it.

Also getting started on the Minutement questline after getting the castle requires getting booted from the Institute, which locks you out of the Institute, Railroad, and possibly BoS questlines. I personally went with them for roleplaying reasons (BoS and Institute didn't fit my style so I shot up the Institute which ended up locking me into the Minutement) but I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>324150045
>replace everyone with synth
>hate synths yourself and think of them as less than people

WHAT'S THE ENDGAME, SON?
AND CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THEY'RE "not real people" AND AREN'T "sentient" WITHOUT USING
>LOL HISTORICAL SYMBOLISMS, SYNTHS ARE NIGGERS. RALE ROOOOOOODE, GEDDIT?
>>
>>324151650
The Synth are an unknown threat. The BoS doesn't know what they are capable of, and what could be programmed into them (sleeper agents basically). They rightly decide it's best to eliminate them rather than risk anything
>>
>Can handle Benny in a bunch of different ways
>Can handle Captain Crunch in exactly one way

Bravo Emil. Literally cannot copy and paste the same shit from a previous game without cocking up the writing.

How does he do it
>>
The Railroad is the worst faction. Freeing the Synths is a trivial and retarded overall goal. They aren't actually sentient. They don't feel pain or love, they just present the emotions we expect them to. They aren't conscious, they're machines creating that illusion.
>>
Of all the silly shit Beth brings back in FO4 they don't even bother bringing back Harkness to fuck up the Institute.

What a waste
>>
>>324205546
How's the cancer treating ya, son?
>>
>>324205409
I agree with ya, but I'm pretty sure you've posted this before.
>>
>>324205546
What about Nick?
>>
>>324206182
What about Nick? He's just another really convincing robot who emulates human behavior.
>>
>>324151180
Railroad are literally dindus
>>
>>324148950

>Let's just kill every one and replace them with synths...

Because humans are shit, War never changes humans too busy making power armors for kill other humans for build cars.
>>
File: settlementsbitch.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
settlementsbitch.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
>>324200841
10/10 post. 100% observation of the thought process of the active posters on this website.
>>
File: bait he just threw it in.png (278KB, 992x994px) Image search: [Google]
bait he just threw it in.png
278KB, 992x994px
>>324205546
>>324206449
>>
File: 1445840381366.jpg (22KB, 278x395px) Image search: [Google]
1445840381366.jpg
22KB, 278x395px
>>324149392
>Brotherhood are Nazis
Good, literally nothing wrong with National socialism.
>>
File: 1445208841979.jpg (57KB, 256x406px) Image search: [Google]
1445208841979.jpg
57KB, 256x406px
>>324206790
i agree they really care a lot about their "family" if you know what I mean. if your bos, bos will treat you right.
they give you choice.
freedom trail people are real pushy and idiots.
preston doesnt want to do anything what so ever.

if i was in that world I would feel comfortable with the BOS as my backup. protecting me while i sleep.
>>
>>324156136
They have tones of fascism under Maxson, like what >>324156136 said. The Lyons dynasty from F3 that was focused on improving life in the Wasteland are all dead, and Maxson is pointing the BoS back to their fundamentalist roots. Scribe Haylen's personal logs make this explicit, as she discusses how she's unsure if she'll be able to keep following the Brotherhood if they continue down this road.
>>
>SYNTHS ARE BAD THEY ARE ABOMINATION
>But why? I mean the murderous ones were just early failed prototypes but modern synths are pretty much human.
>SHUT UP THEY ARE BAD BECAUSE I SAY SO

Man fuck the Brotherhood.
>>
>>324149392
the minutemen are a foil to the tales of Don Quixote (impossible to beat ETERNALLY RECURRING raiders etc)
>>
>>324207694
you sound so butthurt that the BOS wants to destroy your robot waifus instead of utilizing them
>>
>>324205124
>rightly
citation needed you ugly bitch
>>
>>324200841
great fucking post
you're not supposed to join the goddamn villains. jesus christ
>>
>>324207901
you sound butthurt someone punched a hole as wide as your distended anus in your argument
faggot :')
>>
File: this party fuckin sux.gif (910KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
this party fuckin sux.gif
910KB, 500x394px
>>324209267
>>324207901
Jeez, are you two going to sperg out over a videogame?
Why not just realize you aren't going to agree and call it a day?
>>
>>324209417
stay out of my shitposting, sagan
>>
>plant these explosives on the Prydwin and blow it up!
>I killed every single person on board (invincible children not withstanding)
>the Prydwin is mine
>BLOW IT THE FUCK UP ANYWAY
Thanks Bethesda
>>
>>324171897
Raul was in Mexico when the bombs fell, though, and there are no vaults there. So at least some parts of it should be fine.
>>
>>324210374
danny trejo's best role tbch
>>
>>324175997
>"ive never played tactics" the post
Within the first 5 minutes it explains f3 brotherhood and most of the eastern chapters
>>
T-60 Power Armor should have been a BoS experiment into combining the benefits of T-45 and T-51 into one new model.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.