[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 66
File: div.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
div.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
Bullshot thread?
>>
>>324129812
The lightning is always shit closer to release.
>show goodlooking game
>oops i guess we can't do this lmao
>this never happened before
They will never learn right?
>>
This has been and will be Ubisoft's formula
>>
File: Watch_Vampires.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Watch_Vampires.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
POST THE WATCH DOG
>>
>>324129812
It was known since day 1 it was gonna be downgraded, well if you had half a functioning brain that is
>>
File: Shoot Fired!.webm (1 MB, 1088x612) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shoot Fired!.webm
1 MB, 1088x612
>>
looks better in the bottom one
>>
>>324129812
Don't care, looks generic as fuck, this is Ubisoft's standard practice. Probably going to sell millions, not going to buy.
>>
>>324129812
I understand they downgraded the graphics and shit but why did they have to downgrade the fucking HUD?
>>
I remember everyone in the E3 2013 thread calling this. Bullshots have become the rule.
>>
>>324129812
even the hud got scrapped.
Who would have thought ubisoft could downgrade a game?
>>
>>324129812
When will you learn that early showcases are all lies and you can really only get a decent idea of a game from close to release gameplay?
>>
>>324129812
Both look like muddy shit. I'd say bottom one looks a bit better.
>>
File: 1412774535378.gif (712 KB, 600x525) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412774535378.gif
712 KB, 600x525
>ubisoft
>human enemies are bulletspongey as fuck
>>
>>324130379
> Not realizing how wildly expensive what you want is performance-wise

I genuinely don't know how anyone could be a game dev, when their audience is almost exclusively retarded slobs
>>
>>324130794
I'm a game dev. It's depressing as fuck.
>>
>>324129812
im actually not seeing a difference, can you point out where the changes are more visible?
>>
>>324129812
lol hows that tablet integration coming ubishit
>>
>>324129812
I couldn't believe how good this game looked 3 years ago. I wanted it to be amazing. Fuck Ubisoft for continuing their shit release formula
>>
File: 1452138817467.jpg (28 KB, 448x545) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452138817467.jpg
28 KB, 448x545
>>324130772
I fucking hated this. Bullet sponge shooters are complete fucking trash. I had such high hopes for this game too.
>>
>>324130909
and if you are gunna say the lighting, well in the bottom pic its snowing, top its not
>>
>>324131039
It's snowing in the top pic too, just not as badly.
>>
>>324131039
it is clearly snowing on the top one

snow doesn't even act the same in the 2013 demo

now it's just generic like every other game instead of light and fluttery
>>
>>324131018
Nigga it's literally Destiny but with normal guns. It's always been Destiny with normal guns.
>>
2013 PC vs 2015 Xbox one
well done retard
>>
>>324129812
And this is new, surprising, shocking in what way? They've been doing this to every triple A title in the last few years.
Get a grip senpai.
>>
>>324131303
right?

at least give the consolekiddies a chance and show the PS4 version.
>>
>>324130794
Just because reflections are expensive doesn't mean you have to go with the absolute cheapest and worst looking solution.
>>
>>324131234
No, it's not Destiny with normal guns. It COULD have been that, but it's not. It's another generic 3rd person shitter.
>>
File: w3.gif (1 MB, 1280x714) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
w3.gif
1 MB, 1280x714
>>324130150
No. Downgrade thread.
PCs ran these demos and the final PC versions got downgraded for console parity.
>>
>>324131384
this
also how many of you fags are going to get this on pc and is buying it on ps4 a bad idea even though it's so i can play with my friends?
>>
>>324131414
>at least give the consolekiddies a chance and show the PS4 version.

You mean the same thing as the xbone but 25 fps instead of 22?
>>
>>324130379
True reflections are one of those superficial elements that are such a pain in the ass that they're genuinely aren't worth it with how exponentially complex they become as graphics improve.
Mind you, putting super reflective windows in a game when you know you can't do proper reflections is a bad idea too, but that's another problem altogether.
>>
>>324131234
A shooter with levelled weapons will always be trash by default, prove me wrong.
>>
>>324131303
Just like the PC release of watchdogs and the PC lighting in Dark Souls 2, right? Stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>324131303
>2013 PC
Wasn't this game going to be a console exclusive originally?
>>
>>324130794
GTA could do it
>>
>>324131234
I expected something like a Rainbow Six Vegas realistic difficulty + open world + loot.
>>
>>324130794
Why doesn't GTA 5 have this problem?
>>
>>324131475
Only 5% of all pcs could even run the demo version and it wasn't even the full game.
>>
Still looks pretty good tbqh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqKMhx1k5w
>>
>>324131792
Settings exist for a reason
>hurrr downgrade for everyone because toasters exist
>>
One of the weird benefits of Nintendo games is that since they know no one expects graphical fidelity from them to begin with, they're one of the few companies left in which the final product often actually looks BETTER than the preview materials.
That's not to say they look particularly good, of course, but it's still kind of refreshing to see a product getting polished instead of downgraded for once.
>>
>>324131634
Except it was never marketed as that. It's always been a third person Destiny set in NY. Leveling up through shoot and loot was always there. You just chose not to see it.
>>
>>324131860
I agree with you. But i think there are more problems than just hurr settings.
>>
>>324131850
Say what you will about Ubisfot's final products(which are shit), they can make some good trailers.
>>
>>324131559
Still looks good on xbox so the pc version will be better closer to the top picture
>>
>>324131792
When TW2 came out, literally nobody could run it with ├╝bersampling on, and they still left the option in.
>>
>>324132141
ubersampling didn't change the whole fucking world. Even the landscape is not even the same anymore in the downgrade.
>>
File: wat.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wat.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
EXPLAIN THIS
>>
Why don't devs just reverse it? Show a the bad one first, release the good one?
>>
Why do consumers accept bullshots and vertical slice demos?

Isn't false advertisement illegal in all developed countries?
>>
>>324131982
I like Ubi's trailers, but the only thing everyone is focusing on are the graphics. We already had many gameplay vids so all those repeating cuts and shit in the trailer isn't helping getting a good look at the game. Guess I'll wait for the beta in about 2 weeks.
>>
>>324131559
The bottom pic is xbox so the pc version will defiantly look better,closer to the first picture anyway
>>
>>324132250
miyazaki touch
>>
File: 1425878907036.png (166 KB, 358x272) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425878907036.png
166 KB, 358x272
>>324131446

Oh look, a Destiny shill
>>
>>324131475
I don't think it's downgrade. Looks like target render. They look good, but not in-engine.
>>
>>324132258
>>
>>324132258
Because they think the bad one will not get them as much or enough buzz and excitement. First company to get the balls to do it is going to make a fortune though.
>>
Other than the fact the 2015 version has less objects, it looks the same. What are you on about?
>>
>>324129812
it's ubisoft, oc they'll releae it this way and probably get away with it.
>>
>>324132250
>that silky smooth 10 fps when he opens the door

Haven't played BB. Is that for real? The game can't possibly drop like that.

Or did the WEBM maker intentionally slow down the animation for effect?
>>
>>324132052
Will the PC version look better? It damn well should.
Are we getting the E3 quality? Fuck no.

Either way, graphics really don't bother me. I know what to expect from the current industry. The gameplay just doesn't look like something I'll be interested in. Another post apocalyptic shooter with chest high walls. Plus the map looked kinda small, I think I'll pass.
>>
>>324132430
I never said Destiny was good or nothin, anon.
>>
>>324132495
And how do you reckon? People tend to underestimate the power of high end PCs. What you see in the final result is optimized for old obsolete console hardware. Think about it. If it was made to run on a high end PC it would look a generation ahead. Kinda like pre-downgrade vs post-downgrade.
>>
>>324132692
The game can slow down a bit when there are a lot of particle effects going on. Never saw anything like in that webm tho
>>
>>324130794
Yes, it's heavy on the resources, doesn't mean you have to pick the shittiest solution possible though.
>>
>>324131446
As opposed to first person. thanks for pointing out the difference anon.
>>
>>324131792
so? when Crysis came out there was practically nothing on the market that could run it at a decent framerate
>>
>>324132692
It doesn't usually drop like that. Probably just slowed for effect. Glitches like this(and becuz i cant git gud) are why I haven't even beat padre yet
>>
>>324129812
watch me
>>
>>324132862
Look at how much your post adds to the discussion anon, thanks for posting
>>
>>324132495
It was in-engine, just not real time.
>>
>>324131475
Then why don't regular pc exclusives ever look that good?
>>
>>324133141
It's not worth it to pour resources into making a PC exclusive look that good. You go multiplat, make it look okay then release it for maximum profit.

PC gets wannabe retro shit like undertale
>>
>>324133141
If a company even came close to making a high profile PC exclusive, Sony/MS would approach them with money bags and it would end up a downgraded multiplat.
>>
>>324131607
GTA didn't have true real time reflections. The reflections were faked there as well, just not to this poor extent.
>>
>>324129812
Both of these look like garbage lol
>>
>>324133256
undertale isn't a retro-style RPG. It has no combat, no xp, no gear, no classes, etc.
>>
File: uncharted4_NEXTGEN.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
uncharted4_NEXTGEN.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>324129812
>>
>>324132052
don't fall for that bullshit, ubisoft has been fucking PC gamers in the ass for a long time now
everyone is getting shafted by ubisoft's deceit
>>
>oh look a thread about the division, maybe they're discussing expectations and gameplay
>not really, it's always the same falseflagging no life NEETs and "le ubisoft" memers.

I fucking hate you people.
>>
File: disappoint.png (104 KB, 318x308) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
disappoint.png
104 KB, 318x308
>>324131475
How is shit like this legal, doesn't this qualify as false advertising?
>>
>>324133348
Not enough money to be made on PC, everyone buys games once they're 80% off and the rest have toasters that can't run it.
>>
>>324133478
We were talking about graphics, you fucking retard
>>
>>324129812
who cares about another ubishit game, we have better online survival games anyways
>>
>>324133540
>ubisoft has been fucking PC gamers in the ass
>every Siege related patch,fix,anything arrive on console 2-4 weeks later
>900p18fps Unity on consoles
>900p24fps Unity on console after downgrade patch
>ubisoft fucks PC players in the ass

projetcing much, consolefag?
>>
>>324129812
>Comparing a PC screenshot to a console pleb screenshot
Another quality thread
>>
>>324129812
>2 fucking cars
Holy shit
>>
>>324133545
>obvious graphical downgrade image
>expecting discussion about gameplay
Idiot
>>
>>324130909
Top pic is darker while the bottom one is brighter. Looks like they added a different filter.
>>
>>324133035
Stay mad Destiny shill.
>>
>>324133563
Yeah, that's why XCom 2 dev stated that it would be a PC exlusive instead of a multiplat, right ?
>>
>>324133684

Discuss what gameplay?
Its a generic piece of shit with a cringeworthy as fuck
>look we are so tacticool and co-op especially that gamur girl with us


Fuck this game and fuck ubisoft, everything they make is generic trash.
>>
>>324133731
I am not mad, anon. I never said I liked Destiny, you're assuming.
>>
>>324133638
Late patches is MS and Sony's fault, and if Ubisoft could get away with capping framerates and resolutions on PC, I assure you they would
>>
>>324133563
>Not enough money to be made on PC
>XCOM
>Arma
>any MMO ever

Do you want to compare Tortanic or other shit mmo profits vs your ebin consoleexclusive game?
>>
File: 1447360398799.gif (2 MB, 245x295) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447360398799.gif
2 MB, 245x295
>>
>>324133638
He is right though. Ubisoft openly hates pc gamers. The only reason the frames and resolution suck on peasant boxes is because their owners are still willing to buy it and play at that kind of shit quality.
>>
>>324129812
Are they using the watchdog engine?
>>
File: 1421485103513.png (15 KB, 396x634) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421485103513.png
15 KB, 396x634
>>324133478
>undertale isn't a retro-style RPG. It has no combat, no xp, no gear
>>
>>324133794

capping FPS and resolution on PC means totally incompetent and retarded developers

just look at all the shitty japanese ports on PC with locked FPS and few resolutions and 0 gfx settings, because they have no idea what are they doing

you sure as hell dont know what you are talking about
>>
>>324130794
> Not realizing how wildly expensive what you want is performance-wise
So don't put surfaces that should be reflective everywhere

You don't make a house of mirror games when your game doesn't support mirrors
>>
>>324133739
>>324133812
>low budget games
>>
>>324133826
Someone post the engine video for this anon
>>
>>324133684
More like
>coming to /v/
>expecting gameplay discussion and not the usual bullshit
Eat shit.
>>
>>324133929

>Tortanic $300 mill
>low budget
>being this mad
>>
Oh and thing is, they never will get away with it. When you build upon errors and lies, it is destined to crumble upon itself in the flow of time.

Bethesda surely will get their bill in around the next two games. The Order also didnt got away with its halfassery.
>>
Yes they can since it keeps selling like hotcakes.
>>
File: consolepower.webm (3 MB, 888x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
consolepower.webm
3 MB, 888x500
>all these retards and shitposters
>implying Ubi isnt doing this to show everyone how shit current consoles are
>>
File: watch_dogs.jpg (12 KB, 718x139) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
watch_dogs.jpg
12 KB, 718x139
>>324133914
Are you stupid? Ubisoft is an AAA dev, it's expected of them, if they don't do it they get shit on and lose sales. They do it reluctantly. They're not doing PC any favors.
>>
>>324133779
You're right, we should only discuss REAL games like dead or alive and neptunia right?
I bet you bought undertale.
>>
>>324134045
>Bethesda surely will get their bill in around the next two games

How delusional can one anon be? Do you not know that there are literally hundreds of underage kids online who defend Beshitzilla because muh fallout?
>>
>>324134072
That's just about the dumbest logic I have ever read. Congrats.
>>
>>324134094

that picture sure means something
like
nothing
>>
>>324133518
looks like he's made of plastic
>>
>>324134104

What a well thought out reply, I bet you think shitposting = discussion
>>
>>324133967
Fuck off retard, we can have threads dedicated to graphics and downgrades. Nobody cares about Ubisoft's gameplay.
>>
>>324133739
I didn't say there aren't companies out there that solely stick to PC. However now I would be really interested in seeing how much XCom2 cost to make vs how much it will bring in. Also at the same time you have to understand that the current triple A market doesn't allow for that due to advertising and dev team size.
>>
File: GUvW23N[1].png (77 KB, 694x801) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GUvW23N[1].png
77 KB, 694x801
>>324134094
>calling a variable xyz
>>
>>324134170
It shows Ubisoft doesn't care about PC, literally. Retard.
>>
File: 1 (1036).jpg (48 KB, 620x592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1 (1036).jpg
48 KB, 620x592
>>324130379

>peasant stay
>>
It's modern destiny where you actually have classes that matter. Only thing making this game bearable is world building mechanics. You actually have a goal.
>>
>>324133994
MMOs are different to normal games retard
>>
>>324134364
>world building mechanics

Yeah because Ubisoft has been so good at doing this before, right?
>>
>>324133994
>>324133812
MMOs are built to run on toasters. How much money do you think they would have made if they didn't?
>>
>>324131018
>I had such high hopes for this game too.
You deserve to feel like shit you fucking mongoloid.
>>
I don't care about the graphics downgrade, the gameplay itself looks terrible.
>>
>>324134421
>le ubisoft boogeyman
>>
>>324134238
That's not a variable. It's shader-specific syntax for extracting xyz coordinates or shit like that
>>
>>324131475

to me it looks like they COULD have made the game look that good on PC but it would've undermined the console versions too much, now buzzwords like supercharged PC or super sampling are becoming the norm for normalfags buying into the "consoles are the most powerful thing on the planet" meme the publishers feed their ignorant brains, so if they saw the PC version look 10 times better what their overpriced box could do that would be really bad for marketing, PC games looking better than consoles is it's main selling point to begin with, and console manifacturers don't do that, NOT trying to say that CD projekt deliberately got paid by sony to tone down the PC version, but they certainly realized that PC sales aren't that major in scale compared to consoles ones to bother giving it absurd graphic detail considering the average pc "gamer" computer that uses steam, let's face it and admit that not a lot of people games in 4k Ultra these days.
>>
>>324131792
e3 version was totally doable, if a 970 can do a mix of high/ultra at 60fps, you could get the pre-downgrade version at 30fps, lower the graphics setting and reach 60, or get a 980 sli.
settings exist for a reason.

also im still pretty mad cdrp, a pc centric developer, pulled this shit.
i can understand ubishit (the division pc wasnt even planned at the beginning), but w3 was a bit of a surprise, especially after they told the demo was running on xbone at the microsoft conference.
>>
>>324134504
I'm still sitting here waiting for a reply, anon. You must know I'm right because you can't think of anything but calling my arguments memes
>>
>>324131540
I NEED MY IMMERSION
>>
>>324133552

no?

faggot do you also get mad when the decals on the spacex rockets are different than the design concepts?
>>
What I don't understand is how they downgrade the graphics but maintain the ridiculous requirements
>>
File: 1432556155570.webm (631 KB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432556155570.webm
631 KB, 960x540
incoming
>>
>>324134620
The answer is that the graphics never actually looked that good
>>
>>324134603
Wow what a retarded analogy
>>
>>324134620
Partner video card companies to promote newer expensive cards
>>
>>324134668
>1st takes place during a storm
>2nd is during calm weather
Confirmed for not having played the game.
>>
>>324134668
Witcher 3 was such a dissapointment in every way
>>
>>324134668
Almost mistook the second part as the new Zelda WiiU
>>
>>324134620
They add shit like tessellated godrays and hairworks that do nothing significant other than tanking framerates.
>>
>>324130379
He is just a vampire
>>
>>324134668
What the fuck were you expecting from the game? Were you expecting it to take you away from the basement and into a decent life?
>>
>>324134718

yeah if you're retarded i can see how you wouldn't understand the point.

it's called a proof of concept you dense cunt, it's not the rest of society's fault if this kind of shit is too complex for your brain to compute.
>>
>>324134751
Post a screenshot/webm that looks even remotely similar to the first part. I'll wait. You apologetic cunt.
>>
>>324134751
The water never reaches the detail, waves and shit of the old footage. Water always looks like fucking jelly.
>>324129812
Obviously was going to happen, people knew this shit 3 years ago.

The more glaring problem is Brooklyn and Central Park being DLC and how spongy enemies are
>>
>>324134421
SEAMLESS
>>
>>324134589
Here is your reply, ubisoft made good games already in the past and before you go "source needed" just Google it yourself.
Generalizing is one of the last things you should do.
>>
>>324134898
"proof of concept" can be used to excuse any false advertisement if you stretch it long enough, kill yourself mongoloid.
>>
>>324134980
>Brooklyn and Central Park being DLC

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
A note on the bullet spongyness, I've watched alot of the press videos from YouTube, and from what I can tell ir looks like the are fighting level 5 or higher enemies with level 1 guns. Not defending the game but that might be the main problem
>>
>>324135102

?????

too retarded.

next.
>>
>>324135057
>le they can make good games again just wait

well i'm still waiting
>>
>>324135138
>too retarded to understand the point
I figured you would be.
>>
>>324135057
Not in the recent past anon. All they do now is ruin good legacies.
>>
>>324134427

You obviosuly dont know shit about MMOs for sure.
>>
>>324135208
>>324135138
>>
>>324131692
But it does, only working mirrors are in apartments, everything else uses prerendered reflections like Watch Dogs.
>>
File: no pls.png (52 KB, 300x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no pls.png
52 KB, 300x150
>>324135219
>tfw comics do the lore for AC better
>tfw I have more hype for Fassbender's AC movie than what I had for Syndicate
>>
>>324131475
Motherfuckers, advertising the game with this shit
>>
>>324134718
At least it wasn't a food analogy
>captcha: Select all the pasta
>>
>>324135105
Yup. We also saw Brooklyn in old footage and more recent footage, so its being worked on. Central Park isn't in the "pretty much it" description of the map size so that will 100% be in the game as DLC.

Pretty shitty
>>
>>324129812
That's not the same street.
>>
>>324135308
Yet there aren't any reflections that look as bad as the watch dogs webm, so it didn't have this problem.
>>
>>324130379
>Not showing the one where the baked on reflection isn't even of the street it's facing
Shit's just lazy.
>>
>>324135236
Good answer, you sure proved me wrong?
>>
>>324135403
I thought it was supposed to be a 1:1 scale new york open world type of thing.

Well this sucks. I really wanted to give this a chance.
>>
>>324130646
I think there must be HUD options, because I saw a video of the game on Youtube being played at whatever event they had recently and the HUD was the same as in the E3 demo.
>>
>>324135179
>>324135219
I have high hopes for this because the people working on this are competent, if there's any hope in this game it's because of them.
>>
>>324135487
Its a 1:1 of Mid-Town Manhattan. They said there are only missing a few streets. New York together is a pretty fucking big place to go for 1:1.
>>
>>324135487
>I thought it was supposed to be a 1:1 scale new york
You actually thought that? Are you new to gaming?
>>
>>324134668
god damn that comparison
>>
>>324129812
>ENB mode on
>ENB off

erry time
>>
>>324135636
Ah. I figured because they said you could go to Manhattan in the first 2 trailers the whole thing would be accessible
>>
>>324132692
I've played through it a couple times and it never slowed down that badly for that long for me
>>
>>324135312
Syndicate revived my faith in the series.
But yes, I'm hype as fuck for the Fassbender movie.
That dude nails every role he takes
>>
>>324135563
>I have high hopes for this

oh no it's retarded.jpg
>>
>>324135760
Syndicate was still missing a few things to make it good, and was even worse than Unity in a few ways.

When they are going to back to Ancient Egypt, they need to go back to multiple cities. 1 mega city flopped hard because of how big the map was aka Syndicate. Too much carriage use.
>>
>>324135760
There has never been a good video game movie ever. Why would this be any different?
>>
File: Assassins-Creed-1.jpg (57 KB, 640x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Assassins-Creed-1.jpg
57 KB, 640x462
>>324135886
Ubisoft is overseeing it
Fassbender's recent projects have been good and well received
No executive meddling from hollywood
HAYBALES CONFIRMED
>>
>>324135825
Very nice, kid. Go ahead and show your friends this epic post, I'm sure they will like you more.
>>
>>324135308
Thats not true, I can see my self and cars in puddles and I can see my self in car reflections.

Maybe on your shitty console version.
>>
>>324135846
Exactly my thoughts about Syndicate. Novel was still the better part of the game's release but the end chapters were too rushed. Syn's only a tiny bit better and worse than Unity
>>
>>324132261
They don't.
The most egregious examples of bullshit advertising and paid off critical praise always gets shit sales and becomes memetically poisoned in the real world and online.

The aliens franchise is basically dead because of it and gearbox is fucked as a company.

Think I'm shitting?

This horrid but accepted tactic is also one of the major reasons for the current big crunch of the console industry.
>>
>>324136002
>Ubisoft is overseeing it
Why is this a good thing?
>>
>>324136050

Stay mad, faggot
>>
File: 2016-01-16_00004.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2016-01-16_00004.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
>>324134980>>324134953
Had to meditate for four days to get a storm.
By the time I got on boat and left port - the weather settled down to plain rain.
Would look even better with Motion Blur off.
>>
>>324134953
FUCKING BTFO
>>324136318
>>
>>324136249
It's the exact opposite of how recent video game movies are. Would you honestly trust Assassins Creed: The Movie to the guys who made the Hitman movies more than the guys who own the franchise and made the other media of said franchise that was better than the actual games themselves?
>>
>>324134668
okay I laughed, thanks anon.
it's a joke people, or alternatively: comparing night and day
>>
>>324136249
Because it will clearly include all lifestyles and religions in the modern world. Even if it makes no sense in the story or historically.
Equality above all anon.
>>
>>324136318
Wish we have a webm. Looks horrible as a screencap, though I guess it's just the lack of rain
>>
>>324130851
NOBODY CARES.
O
B
O
D
Y
>>
>>324130851
I too own rpg maker.
>>
Anyone have the Dark Souls 2 downgrade comparison webms
>>
File: fuckin... wow.png (148 KB, 407x351) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fuckin... wow.png
148 KB, 407x351
They both look average to me desu famalam
>>
>>324132250
>Cauliflower head.

Beast mode is where its at nigga.
>>
>>324136490
Like 10 seconds after I took it the weather marker changed to Clear.
It looks pretty good on everything set to Ultra.
Too bad my piece of shit toaster cant handle it and I have to play on Medium with jelly instead of water.
>>
>>324136635

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg
>>
>>324129812
But it looks better now, you dumb cuck. Unless you actually liked the shitty half-transparent UI for ants above?
>>
>>324136416
I wouldn't trust a video game to translate well into other mediums like movies. Because so far in history it hasn't.
>>
File: 1326573152801.gif (1 MB, 180x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1326573152801.gif
1 MB, 180x200
>>324134895
>Can't defend the game
>Better attack the person
>>
>>324136752
The human eye cannot see above 30 fps: the post.
>>
>>324136318
Sorry, the water still looks like shit. I bet it looks even worse in motion.
>>
>>324136821
>Blown the fuck out
>Still in denial

wew lad
>>
>>324136753
That's true, I'll give you that. They even fucked it up with Max Payne.

But everything's too early to tell for AC, less so than Warcraft
>>
>>324136752
there's that word again
>>
>>324131850
If it actually looks like that I'll be happy. We'll see.
>>
>>324136821
>denial
Dont worry, I'll make a webm specially for retards like you and a proper screen of Novigrad.

Is the graphics achivable ingame? Yes.
Is it playable in 60fps? Not on toasters 90% of the playerbase owns.
>>
>>324136318
What other games have decent sea? AC's anvil engine is more tolerable but in some cases can get jelly as well
>>
>>324136897
I dunno anon. I don't hate you for hoping it'll be good. I just don't want you to end up hurt. Disappointment sucks.
>>
>>324133518
looks like uncharted 1 with better textures tbch
>>
>>324129812
FIRST OFFICIAL LEVEL GAME PLAY WITHOUT MODZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeIXV85d0c
>>
>>324129812
getting away with what? only idiots believe that games will look how they did when theyre first shown. are you an idiot, anon?
>>
File: FRED.png (5 KB, 361x170) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FRED.png
5 KB, 361x170
>>324129812
>GETTING AWAY WITH IT
They're giving consolebabbies exactly what they want. Every single E3 every single year the drones go "HA! Take THAT [sony/microsoft/pc]" when someone shows new "gameplay".

Hell, there's still sonyggers posting the pre-rendered drive club videos from E3 like 3 years ago. They don't even play the game. They just want to feel better than people who got the other gamebox
>>
>>324137320

WOW WHY DOESN'T MY FOOD LOOK THIS GOOD HOW CAN THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>324137432
i dont see your shitposting point, anon.
>>
Still probably getting it for co-op. Going to play the beta to see how spongy shit is for myself. Looks okay on most enemies, then they get this white "armor" bar and they become super tanky
>>
>>324136892
>>324137080
The only ones in denial are you retards thinking it actually looks as good as the pre-downgrade footage.
>>
>>324134668
>those pre-PS2 era water psychics in the final build
>>
Have they shown any alternate playstyles?

Can I be a sniper dude? Crazy baseball bat guy?
>>
>>324137432
>this thing is shit therefore it's okay if everything is shit

listen to yourself anon, try to hear the things coming out of your own stupid mouth.
>>
File: 1452800230474.jpg (14 KB, 180x249) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452800230474.jpg
14 KB, 180x249
>>324134668
>>
File: 1441060249048.png (96 KB, 172x267) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441060249048.png
96 KB, 172x267
>>324137583
I'm sure you can be a soldier
>>
>>324137589
>>324137478

>Retards don't understand what marketing is

what world do you live in where what you buy is what you get. I never said its okay, but jesus fuck. Understand what you're buying before you buy it you moron
>>
>>324136249
>why is having the people who make the actual games a bad thing
are you serious
>>
>>324137583
Game has 6 weapon types. Pistols, Assault Rifles, SMGs, Shotguns, Snipers/DMRs, and LMGs

I don't even understand why melee enemies are a thing, they are slow as fuck and just run straight at you
>>
>>324137521
That wasn't the point, retard. One anon asked for proof that the game looked anything LIKE that scene in the trailer, and another anon delivered a screen that looked like it. Context is everything.
>>
>>324137316
Stop spamming your shitty video everywhere
>>
>>324131234
>>324131446
it is probably just like destiny but in third person, which is already reason enough to fucking hate this game.
>>
>>324129812
Friendly reminder the only way to stop bullshots is to write the companies and tell them you will boycott their game if they use bullshots on the marketing campaign, do this for every company releasing a AAA title that year and get a shit ton of signatures.

Requires good follow through on the first game that comes out on said list, it's mandatory that they see a noticeable reduction for it to work.

I'm not doing this because I don't play any of those games anyway, have fun anons.

>>324130461
>E-Everyone does it so you should have already known, it's your fault!
>>
>>324137719
you can still see the hints of gay porn in the tf2 comic artist's art

>>324137432
those are two different burgers. only one has double cheese
>>
>>324137745
There has never been a good video game movie. Having some developers help isn't going to make it any better.
>>
>>324137161
>>
>>324131603
Dev builds and thus their shots are almost always on PC.
>>
File: FUCK FUCK FUCK.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FUCK FUCK FUCK.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>324137752
STOP IT
TW3 IS A FLOP
GOTY AWARDS DON'T MATTER
UNDERTALE GOAT
UNDERTALE GOAT
>>
>>324137887
>There has never been a good video game movie
subjective
>>
>>324133552
caveat emptor, it's how they get away with it.

People keep buying it, and the government has no interest in settling yourissues for you when they believe capitalism can.
>>
>>324137887
layton movie was great
>>
>>324134238
>not calling a coordinate vector xyz
>>
>believing the hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDbKicm2mk
>>
>>324136897
Max Payne as a game has an excellent story for a movie.

They just went full retard, and ignored that story when making said movie.
>>
>>324137939
>GOTY awards matter
I guess you think Gone Home was good too
>>
File: vietnam.jpg (129 KB, 530x401) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vietnam.jpg
129 KB, 530x401
>>324138094
VALKYRIE FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>324138008
I mean a hollywood movie, not weeb shit.
>>
File: Interesting.jpg (331 KB, 1586x1048) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Interesting.jpg
331 KB, 1586x1048
>>324138126
>Overwhelming majority does not matter.
>Is probably the same type of retard that calls anyone that doesn't think Undertale is the best game ever made a contrarian
>Will use ad pop. whenever anyone insinuates a AAA title is good.
Just don't post and say you did, saves you from being BTFO twice in one thread.
>>
>>324134427
False.

Just like most PC games MMOs are made to usually have pretty damn sweet graphics on high/ultra/whatever, but can run on mid-tier computers on medium/high, and usually if a low end toaster-like PC was to run it you would have to fuck around in ini files to get a low enough render.

>>324134045
No it will not for two reasons
1)The gaming community that enjoys single player games never runs a proper boycott because half of you faggots can't handle not playing fotm repackaged garbage
2)It's profitable to do so.

Unless one of those two things changes, this will not stop, and they will not be hurt by it.
>>
>>324129812
are you complaining because there is less shit on the ground in a different area than the first ss?
>>
>>324138260
Do you also agree that Skyrim was GOTY?
>>
>>324138265
>MMOs built for pcs
>"False"

are you fucking retarded, anon?
>>
>>324129812
What happened to Chris?
>>
>>324138372
Everyone else thought it was because it was released a month before the new year, and with time everyone evaluated that it was ass.
Todd tried the same tripe with FO4 and it didn't work even with the hype.
When did TW3 release again? I'm losing my memory.
>>
>>324138471
nobody knows
>>
>>324138471
>GOTY awards only matter when I agree
I thought so
>>
File: what.png (82 KB, 220x286) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
what.png
82 KB, 220x286
>>324134561
Same concept as digital vs physical but people don't get it.

They cost the same because they are the only competition with the same game, digital should be less but they won't do so because then most people would buy digital instead of physical losing savings made, also passing savings to customers is terrible, why would they do that!

The only competition 'Game X' has if it's a single player game of many genres is itself. If it's on PC, PS4 and Xbonethat's 2 competitors. If the PS4 version looks like a PS2 game and the Xbox version looks like a current gen version and the PC version looks like some future god shit, it'll negatively impact sales of the PS4 version, so it's better for them to wash it all one shade and be on their way.

>>324138435
>MMOs are built to run on toasters
>toasters implies a shitty PC that isn't good for much
Are you fucking retarded, anon?
>>
>>324135130
still a bit shit, I really wanted this to be a great combat game, but they have just turned it into a destiny clone
>>
>>324129812
I told you fucking retards that next gen consoles would never be able to run naything like that, and they'd probably downgrade the whole thing so badly even PCfags dont get the original graphics

Fucking consoleturds
>>
>>324138565
Try mid summer of last year.
And it still destroyed every other AAA title release after it.
Even with new release bias, most couldn't award a GOTY over TW3.
>>
>>324138579
Mad as fuck dawg.
Skyrim was the best game released in 2011, doesn't mean it was bad.
2015 had numerous good releases.
>>
File: But why.jpg (28 KB, 448x545) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
But why.jpg
28 KB, 448x545
STOP IT
POPULAR GAMES AREN'T GOOD!
ONLY MY OPINION MATTERS!!
STOP
LAUGHING AT ME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>324138743
>Skyrim was the best game released in 2011
Average modern CDPR fan
Looks like they really did get the Skyrim audience
>>
>>324131540
Why people keep repeating this shit?
Max payne 3 pulled it perfectly, and the game looks beautifull.
That was true 8 years ago, now the horsepower is available, devs don't do it because they are lazy or because the publisher is running behind them to publish asap.
>>
>>324138743
Deadspace 2 and Mass Effect 2 came out in the same year anon, Skyrim was fucking shit compared to those two
>>
>>324138853
>Don't say yes
>"HAHAHA FAGGOT YOU BACK PEDDLED"
>Say yes it was
>"SKYRIM FAN"
Are you that mad?
Undertale lost, get over it.
It was a half decent indie title.
>>
>>324137432
>food analogy
>>
>>324129812
>bushmaster ACR

gross.
>>
File: Hilarious.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hilarious.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>>324138928
>Deadspace 2 and Mass Effect 2
Anon please.
>>
>>324131475
>>324134561

>console parity
I fucking hate this meme. then how come even 980tis have problems holding 1080p 60fps on max settings on this downgraded piece of shit
>>
File: top kek.png (1021 KB, 1224x926) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
top kek.png
1021 KB, 1224x926
900p
>>
>>324133812
>Arma "eight years later and two maps to show for it" III
whoa...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
>>
>>324139029

Both of those games are better than Skyrim, as I said in the post.

How about Witcher 2? Same year.
>>
File: ENOUGHFROGS.jpg (103 KB, 1500x958) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ENOUGHFROGS.jpg
103 KB, 1500x958
>>324139063
>SQUARE SCREENS
>>
>>324131475
Sorry but those pics are in min settings, anyone who played the game maxed out can confirm that buildings don't look that bad.
The thing that was really fucking downgraded as fuck is water, it's like oblivion level water, fuck that, i was hyped as fuck with the trailer, sailing in a storm in skeliege.
>>
>>324138743
>>324138928
DXHR, Batman AC, Dark Souls
Skyrim/TW3 anon has some major shit taste
>>
>>324133994
and tortanic looks like SHIT as a result. nice job contradicting your own point retard.
>>
>>324139127
Witcher 2 had big gameplay problems compared to the first.
It may have had a decent combat system but the buff system REQUIRED that you had meta knowledge of the game because of the short length of said buffs and the fact that boss fights could just happen without a warning.
It was great in the fact that you had 2 stories to develop but to be honest I didn't bother playing it a second time.
>>
>>324129812
FUCKING CONSOLES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>324134238
>i-i'll show how smart i am this time!
kek
>>
>>324129812
Unless you have proof the bottom screenshot is the PC version, this image is pointless.
>>
stop pretending undertale is goty material
>>
>>324137740
>its good when marketers do it
>>
>>324139138
>Brings up 2 games that have been shit on here relentlessly and dark souls, a cult hit at best.
You're getting desperate friendo.
>"I-it's okay when /v/ shits on skyrim/tw3"
>Proceeds to bring up games /v/ shits on even harder
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>324139138
Stranger's Wrath HD came out that year, that game is miles better than Skyshit
>>
>>324139313
Stop spamming the thread skyrimfag
>>
>>324137752
>delivered a screen that looked like it
but it literally doesn't, you retard
>demo
>doesn't look like shit

>webm
>looks like shit

where are the similiarities
>>
>>324139239
STILL BETTER THAN SKYRIM.
>>
>>324139385
Oh man egg on your face
>>324139313
>>324139348

Undertale is a half decent indie, which is as good as a 70/100 AAA.
Mad?
>>
File: 7890.gif (589 KB, 209x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7890.gif
589 KB, 209x180
>Exclusive ingame footage sponsored by Ubisoft
>Xbone version

1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBKtp5nXXM

2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22628ymhE3Q

3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoF4_GgeSoc
>>
>>324139348
>DXHR
>shit on by /v/
Straight outta reddit
>>
>>324139348
>/v/
>shitting on DXHR
Are we even in the same 4chan
>>
>>324139463
Skyrim had a wider appeal.
Which, shocker, does equate to more people liking it.
If 40% of the playerbase played nothing else what do you think they'll vote for?
>>
>>324139426
>"Show me something from the actual game that looks ANYTHING LIKE that"
>posts screen that looks SOMEWHAT LIKE that
>>
>>324131540
>its hard
>its not worth it
>DUKE FUCKING NUKEM 3D HAD WORKING REFLECTIONS
FUCK OFF YOU KIKE DEVELOPER
>>
>>324139506
>>324139507
As soon as it got popular loads of anons just started griping about how stealth is mandatory and how the first game was better.
Boss fights and stealth are shit, yadda yadda.
Pretend that's not true all you want, but I've been here longer than one summer.
>>
>>324133924
this times fifty million
>>
>>324139239
>>324139547
>TW3 fan is praising Skyrim over TW2
You can't make this up
>>
>Goty discussion
"Man Undertale didn't stand a chance"
>"BUT SKYRIM WAS BAD WHO CARES EVEN THOUGH I CRUSADED MGSV THREADS WITH META CRITIC SCORES FOR 2 MONTHS WHO CARES THEY ALL SUCK"
>>
Just a reminder that everyone given permission to post footage has literally been paid by Ubisoft.

People not allowed to post videos yet have said the game feels like Destiny all over again.
>>
>>324139746
Why are you so mad anon?
No one's gonna remember Undertale like they did skyrim and there's nothing your kicking and screaming will do about it.
>>
>>324139795
That's one casual list of GOTY contenders.
>>
>>324139547
Where were we talking about wider appeal? One anon said Skyrim was the best game of 2011, and I proved him wrong.
>>
>>324129812
TW3's downgrade was much worst
>>
>>324129812
Is Battlefront the only game that looks almost as good as the opening footage?
>>
>>324134238
>Doesn't even return anything
>>
File: 1452536094754.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452536094754.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
>>324139873
>I proved him wrong.
You didn't.
Skyrim still won GOTY.
What the fuck are you people smoking?
You guys are so far up your ass in contrarian values it's not even fucking funny.
>>
>>324139034
See >>324134834
>>
>>324139629
Nows thats some selective memory
>>
>>324139961
Just because it won goty doesn't mean it was the best game of 2011. Are you retarded?
>>
File: HAAH.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HAAH.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>324140023
>>
>>324139941
frostbite 2 mod tools never
T_T
>>
File: image.png (115 KB, 375x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
115 KB, 375x400
in all seriousness the concepts they have look kind of cool
the "dark zone" is basically the wilderness from runescape
>>
>>324130379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNM-EHw5WY
>>
>>324139873
It's the same anon defending TW3 downgrade and saying Skyrim deserved GOTY, and keeps mentioning Undertale for some reason. He's retarded.
>>
>>324139385
>>324139474
i don't even like skyrim
it's also a shit game
both undertale and skyrim are shit games
at least mods can make skyrim decent though

undertale isn't a half decent indie. it's pretty shit all things considered
>>
>>324132258
>company unveils their new game
>looks like complete ass, FF7-tier turd graphically
>game gets released
>literally real life 2.0
>sells exactly 0 copies
>come on guys it was just a prank, it really does look good
Sure is 10/10 marketing, bro.
>>
File: 1337090859925.jpg (5 KB, 241x209) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1337090859925.jpg
5 KB, 241x209
>>324139872
>casual
>>
>>324140159
>It's the same anon
it's not
>>
File: Smiles.png (577 B, 96x96) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Smiles.png
577 B, 96x96
>>324140159
You only started getting upset when I started mentioning it, retard.
TW3 is the best game EVER EVER and there's literally nothing you or these retards can say to undermine it.
Children screaming the president is a bad man doesn't make the president a bad man.
Mad?
Gonna reply again because super mad?
>>
>>324140159
That's what I was guessing. He was all over the place, wasn't sure what the fuck he was talking about.
>>
>>324131860
ill take marketing to a broader demographic for 400 Alex
>>
>>324130794
GTA V and The Witcher 3 you moron
>>
>>324140240
>NO IT'S THE BEST EVER EVER
>LOL UR SUPER MAD???
why are you using screaming children as an example when you are one yourself
also i've never played/don't care about TW3, just that you're acting like a snotty little cunt
>>
Most important parts like the shop and season pass content is still missing..

What does the DLC include ? Bigger Map, better rare weapons, better looking equipment ?

The shop most likely will be straight pay 2 win.
You can buy filters for your masks for dark zone pvp, comestics, gear with extra slots and better quality, op weapons etc .
>>
>>324140259
They are already marketing to a broader demographic when they're saying X game is available for consoles as well as PC while showing pre-downgrade PC footage
>>
>>324140240
TW3 was the best game of 2015, but Skyshit didn't deserve goty 2011.
>>
>>324132692

yeah, the framerate fucking sucks. I mostly play PC on a decent computer, but I also used to have a PS4. Played BB and goddamn the framerate was atrocious.

Took like 10 hours before I could get used to it. I was never a big framerate guy until I played BB. Now, I'm all about frame rate. it's one of those "can't unsee" kind of things.
>>
File: Ant luke.jpg (2 KB, 125x61) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ant luke.jpg
2 KB, 125x61
>>324140374
>also i've never played/don't care about TW3
So it was Undertale that triggered you?
Hahahaha.
Thanks for admitting it.
Exposed another Underpony.
>>
>>324131475
this is a laugh, the witcher 3 downgrade is the msot awful and autistic /v/ has ever been
>game is optimized as fuck, best looking game ever released
>it.... its not as good looking as the 4k pre rendered trailer!
but at the same time yeah CDPR did very little effort to make the PC version better. At least we have STLM which makes it look abut 95% as good as the trailers if not better in most places since it can run at 60fps
>>
>>324137161
Crysis.
>>
>>324139034
>>324134834
both of you are retarded
>>324134785
you too
>>
>>324139498
>annoying faggots

Every time, why can't they just get a guy who plays it and points out what he's doing without being obnoxious
>>
>>324140561
Only drones think it's the best looking game, especially the retards who keep mentioning those shitty lighting mods that look disgusting.
>as good as the trailers if not better
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>324137161
GTA V has the greatest Ocean physics of any game ever released. Even on the fucking ps3 it blew me away
>>
>>324133564
>we are talking about graphics, you fucking retard
oh in that case then it also does a shit job at it
all it really does is look shitty and you might want to watch this video before you think I'm just hating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfh0ytz8S0k
>>
>>324139498

I actually like the "grinding" part but am affraid of the shop and microtransactions.
400 bullets for a rare enemy kill is just terrible, its not destiny where you shoot some out of space creature.
Overall its looks very dull and gets boring fast if not pvping all the time with someone.
>>
Did Ubisoft give the paid videos scrips to follow?

Everyone starts off with;

>"please keep in mind this a work in progress build, sign up for the beta though because this game is awesome!"
>>
>>324132692
Definitely slowed down the webm for dramatic effect.
>>
>>324140753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVylB3WoIt4
this comes with a 5% performance hit on PCs

name a better looking game that can run at 60fps 1440p on a 290x/980
>>
>>324140794
Yes. That's what I said. Undertale was shit. Can you fucking read?
>>
nevermind the graphics, the gameplay looks extremely dull, been there done that, with a half baked at best loot system
>>
>>324140703

Yea that guy who is commenting on this gameplay is annoying af.
Nevertheless you can clearly see whats going on and make yourself a picture about xbone footage.
Beta will come out on 28th on xbone and 29-31 for ps4 and pc.If it wont change much till then its pretty much the final product youll see on console. PC might differ a lot in the beta.
>>
>>324129812

Notice too how the HUD got more bland.
>>
File: GTA5.jpg (570 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GTA5.jpg
570 KB, 1920x1080
>>324140882
Battlefront and GTA 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
>>
>>324141067
Wow. Shouldn't the Beta have already happened by now?
>>
File: downgrade.jpg (88 KB, 942x723) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
downgrade.jpg
88 KB, 942x723
>>324139956
>not having implicit return values
>>
>>324137848
It's your fault for being surprised, yeah. Don't be surprised when you have to climb towers to synchronize like their other games do
>>
>>324141115
This. GTA5's foliage actually casts shadows and the grass looks good.
>>
>>324140882
reason for the cinematic blackbars?
>>
>>324141115
>battlefront
fair enough, that sweetfx is fucking amazing
too bad the game is equally as shit
>GTA V
nope, it certainly has the possibility to look better than TW3 but will not run as smooth
ie you cannot make the game look better than STLM and at the same time run it at 1440p 60fps
things like reflection AA, grass density and complexity, ultra shadow resolution and shading, long shadows, high detail flying, etc all tank framerates to shit
I have a 290x and GTA V is my second most played game of the year. I'd know
>>
>>324140535
i don't like undertale either
seriously why are you acting so smug and holier than thou when you're just a stupid cunt
>>
>>324141216

Its all alpha footage. Closed beta will begin 28th, one day exlusive for xbone lol.
>>
>>324141331
I think he plays/records on a 21:9 monitor
otherwise he edited it to look more cinematic for the trailer
I play it full 16:9 all the time
>>
>>324141115
the grass looks good, but witcher 3 has better art direction
>>
>>324134094
>>
>>324141349
>AMD
A 980 will run GTA 5 flawlessly
>>
>>324134265

It does go on to say that it's clearly a comment meaning the PC version doesn't need dumbing down, whereas the Xbox One version does.
>>
>>324139614
Dook didn't have as much to reflect.
>>
>>324141349
you said 290x/980
your fault for having a piss poor amd
>>
>>324141115
Battlefront looks amazing, but looks is literally the only good thing about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfNB3fakB8
>>
>>324141650
>excuses
you literally have technology more than 100x more powerful than they had then. you are literally someone with no programming experience if you think that is hard as opposed to the simplest ai code.
>>
>>324141409
What I asked was, shouldn't the beta have already happened. Because the game comes out in march.
>>
>>324139614
It didn't have real reflections. The way those old games did mirrors was by making them windows into rooms that mirrored the one you were in, and putting a player model/sprite in it that moved along with you.
>>
>>324141501
This might be the most retarded tin foil image I have seen. My 390 costed me 300 dollars, 529 is because they dont make 680s anymore.
>>
>>324141551
>>324141687
show me a video of a gtx 980 running GTA V at 1440p/60 with
>ultra shaders and shadows
>long shadows
>ultra foliage
>reflection MSAA
and I'll eat my words. And by the way
>spend $300 on a card
>get 90% of the performance of a $500 card if not better
>have higher overclocking threshold with custom cooler
I mean if you have a 980ti all the more power to you, but otherwise you got memed
>>
>>324141840

Yea and I told you beta still not out yet.
They dont care that it comes out in march.
>>
>>324135540
I hope so
PC version videos will be revealed soon
>>
>>324141916
M8 ur fuckin crazy
>>
>>324134668
nice looking water
>>
File: 1451204602567.jpg (17 KB, 247x255) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451204602567.jpg
17 KB, 247x255
>hardware requirements keep growing
>games don't look that much better
>old examples of technology (which were previously implemented on weaker hardware) stop appearing on newer hardware because it's too difficult
>>
>>324141943

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AGiF4Cyufw

eat your words
>>
File: Untitled.png (490 KB, 780x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
490 KB, 780x540
>>324129812
If people want a good view of just how bad it is, this is a pretty good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv5OXQayi2o

Pic related is the single best screenshot that shows the extent of the problem though imo. If you don't see what's happening, the black square is an orange sign that is turned off, but still casting it's light source.
>>
>>324141943
http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1905-gta-v-pc-fps-benchmark-graphics-cards

>This GTA V PC benchmark compares FPS of various graphics cards at maximum settings in 1080p, 1440p, and 4K resolutions.
>>
>>324132692
I got rid of bloodbourne. The constant dips below 30fps was too much of a distraction and it was in small corridors or rooms with no effects or objects. Just bare rooms and it was staggering along, I couldn't handle it, took me out of the immersion. I don't know how people enjoyed the game because of this.
>>
>>324142387
>drops to 30s on the 290x
Poor anon fell for the AMD meme
>>
>>324129812
The only downgrade is cubemap reflections instead of realtime, but even then the bottom image has more reflective surfaces overall and the road surface has specular maps which are missing completely from the top image.

LOD is actually better on the bottom image and it even has a wider FOV, if anything it was upgraded.
>>
>>324142239
>50 fps
>60fps
>>324142387
>"max settings"
>GTA V has no graphics presets
I'm not even debating that the 980 can get 5-10 fps higher in Nvidia optimized games like GTA V. This debate started over the issue with performance compared to the Witcher 3 with STLM which I still don't think it exceeds
>>
>>324142286
Yea, probably because it's static lighting (baked into a texture for better performance).
Dynamic lighting is expensive as fuck in terms of performance hit.
>>
>The year two thousand and sixteen
>people still get surprised when the actual game doesn't look like it did at E3

You all act like it isn't like this for every single game.

You all act like it is something new.

You still can't tell yourselves to wait until you see gameplay footage slightly before or after release.

>the year two thousand and sixteen
>>
>>324142568
>0.1% fps
that's called stutter and you can't measure it's impact without a line graph
for me stutter only happens when loading games. Like if you looked at my performance stats on Valley ExtremeHD benchmarks each scene loads at 30-45fps but in half a second reaches 70
>>
>>324141943

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWrGFDrqELs

rofl you know nothing about graphics card and just shit post.. a 980 runs gta on 1440p easily with all settings
>>
>>324140882
>this comes with a 5% performance hit on PCs
And you know why ? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T BRING BACK THE FEATURES THAT WERE REMOVED IN THE FINAL BUILD.
God even the modder who did this mod said it.
This mod just changes the colors, remove the fogs and that's it.
>>
File: untitled-18.png (34 KB, 636x812) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
untitled-18.png
34 KB, 636x812
>>324142701
Why are you pretending TW3 runs better than GTA 5?
>>
>>324132692
>its on a ps4
>blame the game instead of the weak ass hardware
>>
They kept the car door closing though
>>
>>324131792
You fucking cdpr drone. It's just that they went for a single build and didn't bother with PC version because of time/money.
>"Super-powerful PCs will be able to achieve higher resolutions, and they might run the game a bit faster," he explains, "but the plan is to make the experience the same for all gamers and treat everyone equally."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-witcher-3-tech-analysis

This is why i have muc more respect for dice, crytek and rockstar
>>
>>324142839
The anon with 290x right here confirms that his framerate gets tanked to shit >>324141349
>>
>>324134545
still would be better to call it Vector3
>>
>>324142859
>980ti
>980
m8 come on here. I even already stated the superiority of the ti
>>324142916
and makes it look 100% better. Of course the complex smoke is gone. That's pretty much it though
distance rendering is also less impressive but with fog removed that's also 100% improved
he also fixed the water. I have no idea what the fuck CDPR was thinking with that retarded jelly like thing
>>324143014
>Ultra
>+ AA
>1440p
because the Witcher on high with Ultra Textures and no AA looks better and runs better than GTA V on max settings at 1440p
>>
>>324134668
I love how The Witcher 3 looks, I really do, but I can't get over how disappointing the water is. It really bothers me. I know expecting E3 level water is unrealistic, but considering how good I personally think the rest of the game looks, they really dropped the ball on the water. Windwaker had better water.

What did they do wrong? Don't just say downgrade, because EVERYTHING got downgraded but not this hard.
>>
File: _you_.png (5 KB, 645x83) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
_you_.png
5 KB, 645x83
>>324143231
that video shows framerates dipping to 45 fps in the car with those high graphics settings on. I get the same thing. That's my definition of "tanking to shit"
I thought you fucking nvidia fags were supposed to have high standards
>>
>>324143212
>Rockstar
The company that's only made one game that runs well on PC, and came out two years after the release date? All of their other ports have been mediocre, a complete disaster, or nonexistent.
>>
>>324143212
>muc more respect for dice, crytek and rockstar
why crytek? they've been boning PC since 2010
>>
>>324143473
>backpedaling
I had a feeling it was you, hypocrite. Keep trying to convince yourself you made a good choice with AMD.
>>
>>324143534
Max Payne 3 was God Tier
and if you consider PC as part of the development cycle of Next Gen then it got a 5 month delay and in quality it is proportionately better that much
>>
>>324142813
Then they shouldn't advertise tha game with it should they.
>>
>>324143303
>he also fixed the water.

He brought back the tesselation ? No.

> I have no idea what the fuck CDPR was thinking with that retarded jelly like thing

Maybe to hide the majors popin issues and to replace the aerial perspective fog ?
>>
>>324143534
not that anon, but MP3 ran fine

So did the PS2 era GTAs. They were locked 30 FPS because that's how the game was built for, and people can see that by how unlocking the frame rate caused problems
>>
>>324143303
That looks like shit though.
>>
File: 1417929345236.jpg (40 KB, 347x394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417929345236.jpg
40 KB, 347x394
I really just want to see how Ubisoft tries to spin the inevitably botched PC port. Nothing about their conduct tells me that they learned anything from the Watch_dogs fiasco.
>>
>>324143448
>>324143448
They also downgraded :
-the smoke
-the fire
-removed/reduced all those features :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g
>>
>>324143667
>backpedaling
LITERALLY nothing I said was backpedaling. If a 50fps average with dips into the mid 40's is acceptable to you then you have no ground to stand on pretending to have higher standards
It is objective truth than for anything less than the best (980 ti) Amd wins
Fury beats 980
390x beats 970
390 beats 970
290x beats 970
280x, 285, 380, 380x beat 960
280 beats 950 and can be bought for $100 on ebay
>>
>>324129812
This generation has been really dissapointing graphically everything basically looks like a last gen game.
>>
>>324143817
> fiasco
> best selling somethingsomething
>>
>>324133356
No one said you had to simulate it perfectly.

All 3D graphics are tricks. triangles are tricks.

It's how good you make the trick look, Watch Dogs looked like shit, there is no excuse for a AAA to look that shit.
>>
>>324141758
>Rendering the entire area twice is ezpz.
Yeah sure, that works in some instances like adam jensens bathroom but reflectingthe world in the windows in watch dogs will cause more running issues than is worth dealing with.
>>
>>324143796
>compressed screenshots
anyone got a recommendation for a lossless screenshot utility? rivatuner is garbage
>>324143917
GTA V and >>324140882
say otherwise
>>
>>324143817
The same way they always do.
Either no comment or say it wasn't downgraded. They are the biggest liars in the industry, it doesn't matter what they say, just hope it catches up to them one day.
>>
>people keep talking only about the downgrade
>completely ignoring how the game looks like shitty loot system meets cover shooting that has been done 1 million times already
Seriously, I can't see what people are seeing when they say the game looks promising. It looks like cover shooter Borderlands but with worse loot. The gunfights in this game just look lame, and no it's not only because of the slow TTK. I think the AI looks shitty, enemies don't run and try to flank you, they just stand there taking bullets to the face.
>>
>>324143593
Because they don't lie with their trailers ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfzhmYaltk
>>
Did anyone honestly believe that what they saw at e3 was going to be the final product?
Can anyone in this day in age really fool themselves into believing that?
>>
>>324144140
That's not the point. The point is that they shouldn't be misrepresenting the game to begin with.
>>
>>324144001
The worst part is that it's an online game, so you know it's a shallow piece of shit.
>>
>>324143918
It sold well on consoles since they marked it as a "next generation" game despite looking at home on a PS3. PC version tanked when they couldn't fix the issues.

The real tell is going to be whether or not they offer the game through steam.
>>
>>324144003
I'm sorry you got memed anon but the first gameplay was released in June of 2014 and the game's graphics only improved since then until release
the gameplay was released as advertised and you had almost an entire fucking year to figure that out
the game didn't even run during the 2013 trailer, it was prerendered at 4k and it was target graphics. Anyone with a brain knew this.
it's literally the same thing as this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftov4EBaoSQ
>>
>>324144140
There are a lot of gullible people out there. The hype is real.
>>
>>324144249
I agree with you. However, I'm used to the misrepresentation of video games. I remember as a kid looking at the awesome PC cover box art and thinking that what was on there was gonna be in the game and massively disappointed when the graphics were no where near the cover art.
Guess I'm trying to say that I'm used to it by this point.
>>
>>324144140

well xbone fangays dont care, mommy got the 90$ ready
>>
>>324137746
>I don't even understand why melee enemies are a thing, they are slow as fuck and just run straight at you

Because they can kill you as they absorb thirty bullets to the face.
>>
File: 1430844712827.jpg (750 KB, 1854x983) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430844712827.jpg
750 KB, 1854x983
>>324144305
>the game's graphics only improved since then until release
Surely you're not referring to TW3?
>>
>>324144140
And yet people are still bragging about Uncharted 4 and GT7 demos.
>>
>>324143146
>devs know the console is underpowered
>they know its exact specs
>game still runs like shit
Yes, blame the game developers.
>>
>>324144446
>cherry picking: the argument
overall it looks better and you faggots know it
>>
>>324144446
I always wonder, was that really too much for the console?
>>
>>324129812
Are todays pc gfx cards like the FuryX able to render at the 2013 demo levels?
>>
>>324144525
>foliage looks worse
>textures on enemies looks worse
>textures on buildings looks worse
>lighting got worse
What got better?
>>
>>324144571
The answer is always yes.
>>
>>324144525
Nah, it only went downhill from there. You're a sad little drone.
>>
>>324144003
Come to think of it, why Crysis 3 doesn't have any remastered version for next-gen consoles?
>>
>>324144771
Because they know the PC version can't run on them and they don't want to do something retarded like Metro redux
>>
>>324143303
>and makes it look 100% better

are you maybe the same anon who posted how stlm fixes 90% of the downgrade in previous dowgrade threads?

mind you stlm makes 70% of the areas look better, while the 30% of the others look worse.
also doesnt fix the unshaded grass, worse rendering distance, simplified geometry, worse character models, tesselleted water, reflections, particles, reduced trees in the long distance and the different kinds of vegetations they had pre downgrade
>>
>>324144525
I don't even care enough to sit here and discuss this but there's entire thread archives of evidence in downgrades favour.

Why don't you provide evidence in support of your argument like he did? That way your argument might hold weight. Unless of course... you can't.

>>324144587
Easily but that requires hard work and heavier work load making a PC version and a console version. By making one version for all platforms you save money and that's all that matters.
>>
>>324141501
Yeah /v/ is pretty retarded when it comes to hardware
>>
>>324144305
>Kek every thing on the 35mn gameplay looked better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw
>Better lighting
>Draw distance
>Better Volume based translucency (they removed it for the grass in the final build).
>even cut scenes are better, look at the woman face/hairs.
>>
>>324130794
Style > Raw graphics
2015: Hotline miami 2, Shovel knight, Sunless sea, Bloodborne
And nobody complained.
>>
>>324137848

>boycott their game

That has never worked. For every one boycotter you have fifty people who buy the game. And quite a few of them buy the game anyway.
>>
>>324131482
Buying this game at full price is a bad idea anyways since you k ow it's gonna be a barebones buggy game like destiny

Just wait for it to go on sale
>>
Good goys blaming consoles as usual, no wonder our pc gaming market is a fucking embarrassement when the only people who know about this downgrade shit are literally retarded
>>
>disable Consoleshitter effects
>game instantly looks better

Why does this happen every time?
>>
>>324144305
>the game's graphics only improved since then until release

are you people deliberately trolling or you're just that much of a drone?
>>
>>324134045

>The Order also didnt got away with its halfassery.

It was profitable. If only just barely.
>>
>>324145312
> Hotline miami 2
Music is top tier, graphics(or style) is eh.
> shovel knight
Actually good game, style is pixel shit, just executed good this time.
> sunless sea
Your "style" and gameplay is created with tons of text and imagination. Not as much with what shown on screen.
> Bloodborne
Yes.
>>
>>324144624
>>foliage looks worse
>>textures on enemies looks worse
>>textures on buildings looks worse
not true. The models on some buildings got downgrades, the textures did not get worse.
>lighting
yes it lost complexity but the AO was improved as well as performance
Since the lighting complexity isn't something that can be modified in graphics settings it had to be reduced/tweaked to make stable performance. This isn't even a console issue. It was necessary for PC. If the e3 2014 demo was released all you faggots with titans would be complaining that it couldn't run at 60fps. Reducing graphical features is how "optimization" happens
>what got better?
as mention, AO
then on top of it animations, environment textures, distance rendering, shadow resolution to name some definite ones
>>324144935
there are only 3 things to really complain about looking bad in TW3 Vanilla
>indoor lighting
>water
>distance LOD and fog
and all of them are improved SIGNIFICANTLY in STLM
I really dont agree that distance rendering looks worse in any place in STLM
>>324145243
view distance in terms of amount of viewable distance is better but LOD of trees and buildings was improved in the final game
>lighting
already addressed the complexity issue. it ran at 25-30 FPS in that demo on a 980 so they reduced the quality by about 15% so that you could achieve 60fps. They did you a favor.
>the woman
I've seen about 20 characters/scenes in TW3 that look just as good if not better than that
>>324145102
>archives of evidence
I was here for the entire fucking 9 months of autistic nitpicking that went on. It was fucking insane
sure CDPR dropped the ball but NOT THAT HARD
the game is ridiculously good looking and more so than any other game for it's performance.
Yes they did not maximize the use of the PC but if you play The Witcher 3 with STLM and aren't fucking impressed I don't know what pleases you

and no, don't post 45fps vids of GTA V again
>>
>>324145401
PC builds have been shit since API-wrappers in the sixth gen made sloppy ports possible. Mustards had to wait until Gaben FINALLY implemented refunds to ward off terrible ports.
>>
>>324133552
not the final product
>>
Seriously, devs should get sued over shit like this. Fucking false advertisement.
>>
>>324145401

>protects consoles
>calls the one who notice the downgrade retarded
>conclusion pc gaming market is bad

get hanged asap
>>
>>324145669
>already addressed the complexity issue. it ran at 25-30 FPS in that demo on a 980 so they reduced the quality by about 15% so that you could achieve 60fps. They did you a favor.

How about let graphics in and since you're on PC you can choose what kind of graphic you want.
If the full 35 demo graphic is too much for you PC you tone it down in the settings.
PCs can do that.
>>
>>324143986
i'm still in awe of how gta v looks and runs on my i5 760 + gtx 660

i honestly haven't been this impressed with a game engine since half-life 2 came out
>>
>>324145953
>since you're on PC you can choose what kind of graphic you want.
> the lighting complexity isn't something that can be modified in graphics settings it had to be reduced/tweaked to make stable performance. This isn't even a console issue. It was necessary for PC. If the e3 2014 demo was released all you faggots with titans would be complaining that it couldn't run at 60fps. Reducing graphical features is how "optimization" happens
read the post you're responding to
>>
>>324145892
people should wise up, Ubisoft always does this shit

They make an e3 demo of Watch Dogs that looks nowhere as good as the final product will look like so retards will pay attention. Then later reality kicks in
>>
>>324145669

jesus man.. can you post your blogs somewhere else
>>
>>324145669
man, sorry to burst your bubble, but stlm applies lighting presets taken from dialogue section to the gameplay, with due corrections according to circumstances.
it doesnt fix the pop in, the geometry, textures etc.
if anything, gives the game the same colors they showed at e3.
also the modder couldnt check every single area, so some sections look better in vanilla and much worse in stlm
>>
>>324145669
I've never seen so much shit n lies in a single post.
You are sucking the STLM so much but even the guy who did this mod is saying that the game was FUCKING DOWNGRADED and this is why he's doing this mod to go back to the 35mn gameplay demo.
So you're telling me that the goal of the stml is to make the game looks worst since the 2014 version was bad comared to the final build ?????
>>
File: sonic.jpg (30 KB, 219x232) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sonic.jpg
30 KB, 219x232
>>324145892
Think about what you're saying here anon.
>Devs should get sued because they made the house look a little less hous-y in their videogame
Are you seriously telling me that you would not have bought TW3 if in E3 they showcased the actual graphics? Do you play TW3 only for its graphics? Are those few extra polygons worth the entire $60 for you?
Yes, it's scummy. No, they should not be sued and if they were then you would not win.
>>
>>324146051
It's still false advertisement. Other companies get sued over stuff like this, why don't videogame ones do as well?
>>
>>324146026
>only the lightning was changed
>>
>>324131982
trailers are what they're good at
>>
>>324146234
They aren't dumb and put "not representative of final product" warnings and shit to cover their ass legally.

But the Ubidowngrade thing is so much of a pattern now I can't feel bad for people who keep falling for it, they also did it with Far Cry 3.
>>
>>324129812
>THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
Lets me honest here for a minute anon.

Serious, anon to anon talk.

What the fuck are you going to do about it? Because just complaining about it on 4chyoun isn't doing shit.
>>
I don't care if I can't run a game on max settings at 60fps, I just want the OPTION. Fuck, just copy Crysis as and example, it's ok to make graphics settings that no one can realistically run at the time. The point is if you get the hardware in the future the option is there.
>>
>>324145669
marcin, my friend
>>
>>324145678

>refunds to ward off terrible ports

Or not. Even after refunds ya'll got a string of terrible ports. PC sales are so fucking insignificant for most games that the publishers just don't give a shit. You getting a refund doesn't mean shit when 80% of sales are on consoles. In terms of multiplats I think CDPR and Bethesda are the only ones who give a shit about PC.
>>
>>324131518

BUT 1080P (With no texture filtering, weak FXAA, massive LOD pop in, low draw distance and medium PC settings)
>>
>>324146069
I know how STLM works with cutscene lighting. I know it's not a magic thing that increases particles and brings lighting to 2013 levels
It does make the game look much, much better and that includes fixing it's most egregious issues to the point where there's nothing to complain about

>>324146171
> the goal of the stml is to make the game looks worst since the 2014 version was bad comared to the final build ?????
no you retarded mongoloid, I said that STLM improves lighting to be closer to the the e3 2014 build but that things such as AO, animations, shadow resolution, and LOD WAS improved in the final game and people need to stop pretending like NOTHING got better between 2014 and 2015. That's just not even true, and the fact that it looks as good as it does for its performance is a classic slav miracle
>>324146239
still haven't learned to read entire posts I see
>>
>>324143986
Just use fraps, if you're just taking screenshots there's pretty much no performance impact.
>>
>>324146234
>>324146376
They can get sued when they say "xboxone footage" like for the witcher 3 or the division.
>>
>>324146521
They could have kept the good graphics.
>>
>>324130379
>>
>>324146521
> fixing it's most egregious issues

again, all it does is fixing colors.
there are also other mods that do the same job, sometimes with better results, depending on the area.

but at this point is clear who we're dealing with
>>
>>324146623
The lightning always gets me the most. That great illuminating just gone.
>>
>>324146487
Except games like Watch Dogs and Arkham Knight generated quite a bit of negative press for their developers. Hell, Rockstar was crucified for GTA IV when it came out.
>>
>>324145892

They can't because there's usually a disclaimer on E3 trailers saying "in engine footage" or "not representative of final product". If you tried to sue they'd just point to that disclaimer and the courts would call you a retard.
>>
>>324136318
Is that a whale
>>
>>324146623
I'm only pissed about the lighting. It was beautiful.
>>
>>324130601
agreed
>>
>>324146623
It's crazy how lighting makes a difference in how good games look.

This is why Witcher 3 looks bad at times in screenshots, there are many screens where Geralt doesn't look like he has any shading on him, which makes him look like a plastic doll. I'm not sure if it's ambient occlusion or other stuff.
>>
>>324146597
LITERALLY not. The biggest issue is lighting complexity and it literally could not have run at 60fps on any machine.
they really fucked up with water, indoor lighting, and distance fog but that doesn't mean they didn't do a 10/10 job with the rest of how the game looks

>>324146728
you and I both know that isn't true
it does increase lighting complexity because it uses cutscene lighting mode as a base
it removed distance fog so that distances are more pleasant to look at light in e3 2014
it also improves water reflections to the point where it now look at least better than average as opposed to absolute complete garbage

>other mods that do the same with better results
name one
>>
I don't understand people who support or even deny downgrades and go to great lengths trying to prove it hasn't happened. I mean, all it amounts to is you coming out as a drone or just plain stupid / a shitposter.
>>
>>324146913
Is the lightning the most intense resource eater?
>>
>>324146849
Lack of ambient occlusion does make things look like shit, but I think even the consoles have it in TW3, although lower quality.
The problem might be lack of light sources, which make the shading feel flatter.
>>
>>324146960
because in the real world its the choice between downgrade or 30fps on every machine

the issue I have with the witcher shitposters in particular is that it still looks gorgeous and runs excellent but people aren't happy with that, they're mad at unrealistic expectations
and when 2 or 3 things get significant downgrades and 80% of the rest of the game looks better people ignore it and nitpick and pretend like it's telling of the game as a whole when that just absolutely isn't true
>>324147020
unquestionably
>>
>>324131475
this one hurts my soul
>>
>>324146913
e3 lighting mod.

but since it's clear you want to continue bullshitting, at his point ill leave a simple question after every post.

does stlm fix the unshaded grass? it was there pre-downgrade
>>
>>324147020
Not that anon, but yes, good lighting will tank the framerate. That's why newer games are going with deferred shading, like in MGSV, but that has its own problems. Even then, it's less resource intensive, but still pretty intensive for higher amounts of lighting sources. And that's not getting into light bounces, which will cut your framerate in half.
>>
>>324146757

I'll give you Watch Dogs. But you wanna know the average console players response to Arkham Knight? It was "Game runs fine on my system. Not my problem."
>>
>>324140356
both didn't do it, the only situation was a small mirror in the protags houses.
>>
>>324147258
no, but now the game has HBAO+, a compromise and a great looking effect that the game didn't have in e3 2014
>guys, I want the game to have fully real time shaded foliage and run at 30fps with dips
you are an idiot if you wanted that
>>
>>324146623
>>324130379

I hate how much WatchDogs wasn't even a good walking simulator. I bought it literally just to walk around Chicago again but everything is either out of place, or bastardized to the point of it not even being worth including. Do you have any videos of The Bean? If you want to shit on how bad the reflections in this game are, you should show a picture of that monstrosity.
>>
>>324146521
>e3 2014 build but that things such as AO, animations, shadow resolution, and LOD WAS improved in the final game
No ?
Also volumetric clouds are much bigger in the 35 mn gameplay and smoke coming from houses is volumetric as well (not the case in the final build).
Oh and volume based transluency on the grass.
>>
>>324146849
that particular problem happens on all modern games, I've been noticing it getting more common every year
>>
>>324140561
You have to be a fucking CDPRdrone to be on that side of the argument

Kill yourself
>>
>>324142832
That just makes it WORSE

stop defending this shit
>>
Most vidya has dynamic lighting. You will never get perfect screenshot unless its a perfect time of day, arrange lighting yourself.
>>
>>324146960
Console players and shills

They just have to be, there's no way someone in their right mind could defend this practice
>>
>>324147368
e3 had better AO, there are enough comparison shots showing that

anyway, does stlm fix the simplified geometry?
>>
>>324129812
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIP7BXTH00

feels like an Ubisoft thread to me
>>
>>324147475
>no?
yes
view distance was decreased but tree and building LOD was increased
>volumetric clouds
>real time foliage lighting
both would never run at 60fps
http://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-finally-tackles-witcher-3-downgrade-issue-smoke-effects-kill-pc/
>>324147839
no but the geometry is literally only simplified on building corners. this is such a small thing to get hung up on
>>
>>324147747
Typical shill response
>THE DYNAMIC LIGHTING IS WHAT MAKES THE ENTIRE GAME LOOK WORSE
>LIGHTING MAKES TEXTURES WORSE

You really think we're that dumb?
>>
>>324147883
Is there one of those big pictures with all of Ubisoft downgrades put together?
>>
>>324134580
The e3 2014 demo ran on 980 sli and averaged at 35 fps.
>>
>>324147225
I certainly wouldn't call it nitpicking when the difference between how the game looked as it came out and how it looked in earlier footage is like day and night.

Also, it's not exactly unrealistic to expect to get the game as it was shown to look like earlier. It's being shown the earlier footage and falling for it, thinking you'll get something that you didn't in the end that makes people mad, and to be honest with you, that anger seems completely justified.
>>
>>324147905
>only simplified on building corners
sure

does stlm fix the pop in and worse rendering distance(covered by the blued fog)? even the lykaon mod showed the potential

btw, stlm removes the blue fog, AND all the volumetric fog effetcs as well
>>
>>324147883
A Ubisoft
>>
>>324147905
>yes
>view distance was decreased but tree and building LOD was increased

Why don't you post a fucking proof you know like that guy did>>324144446
This is what you call a better LoD ????
Fucking cdpr drone. You have absolutely NO idea on how the game would have work on high PC since they went for a single build optimized for consoles.
>>
>>324148138
during the demo showed at the microsoft conference they said it was running on an xbox one
>>
>>324141551
so will a 390 for significantly less burger tokens
>>