[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
How accurate is this image /v/?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 59
File: image.jpg (574 KB, 1732x1462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
574 KB, 1732x1462
How accurate is this image /v/?
>>
About as accurate as everything else on /v/
>>
>>324121284
seeing that it's in NO WAY a hyperbole, take a fucking guess!
>>
>>324121284
Like everything on /v/ at least half of it is extremely accurate and one part is intentionally changed to incite rage.

Guess which one is off.
>>
>spamming hadokens is skill
>>
it just shows how much who made that image didn't play the non-fighting games
>>
File: 1312354761155.jpg (105 KB, 825x514) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1312354761155.jpg
105 KB, 825x514
The fighting game portion is right.

Don't know about the other genres though.
>>
>>324121284
>fighting games
a fucking shitpile genre since everybody dick sucks street fighter even though it's one of the most imbalanced fighting games in existence and always fucking has been.

>RTS games
Just fucking attack move your blob towards the enemy, select a couple of specific units to use abilities on priority targets and go back to queueing up more units to spam attack-move again.

>FPS games
twitch reflexes only. no actual tactical acumen required. there is typically an inverse relationship between skill in fps games and actual combat skill with a firearm

>mobas
basically an RTS without all the extra bullshit but you're still attack moving like a retard because you play a right click hero and every once in a while you fire off a skill
>>
>>324121284
why is the actual good genre, RPG, not on the list?
Is it because it barely exists anymore?
>>
Its the OG made before FPS, Smash and Moba babbies got upset and edited it to shit on the games they dont like.

Its pretty much fact.
>>
>>324121284
I'd play chess and RTS if I was autistic, too.
>>
>>324121893
>not knowing how to play around hadouken spam
mfw im a robot
>>
>>324122547
The fuck is a RPG? Retro pixel game?
>>
Play what you want
No one cares
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRV0tclxXMQ

What's the best Quake Frag Movie?
>>
File: 1435125941439.png (189 KB, 570x570) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435125941439.png
189 KB, 570x570
>>324122669
0/10 babby's first post
>>
>>324122547
>RPG
>PvP
>>
>>324121284
It's correct up to the FPS one, because there's plenty FPS out there that aren't CS/CoD that actually takes skill.
Mobas truly are Warcraft 3 If all you had to control was one single hero unit, making it infinitely simpler, and RTS games truly a fast micro manager will always beat a slower but with a better strategy player.
>>
>>324122547
Because the list is only about competitive games
>>
>>324121284
Fighting games are like the antithesis of chess
>>
>>324122604
This

Fighting games are the only competitive scene I respect and can see making waves on ESPN. It's a good spectator "sport" even though vidya isn't sports bevause you can see all the action and what both players are doing. For MOBA and FPS which are being forced hard as e-sports it's not viewer friendly because there so much useless jargon applied and the camera constantly swaps between players like an ADHD addled child.

Plus fighters take skill, if you lose you only have yourself to blame, you can just say your team was ass and holding you back.
>>
>>324122784
>implying that doesn't exist

Do you live under a rock?
>>
>>324122360
RTS is also generally right, overarching strategies tend to be simple and everything tends to be built around having to use what are mostly shitty controls super effectively.

The dota/hon side is obviously bait, as is the fps side.
>>
>>324122861
And it's always shit
>>
>>324122838
Too bad the community is gutter trash.
>>
>>324122861
You mean like the PvP in WoW?
Pretty sure the image creator didn't want to embarass RPGfriends by actually speaking about it.
>>
>>324122937
Lmao white boi can't hant the bantz
>>
>>324121284
Pretty accurate as far e-sports go
>>
>>324122920
What's wrong with the dota one?
That's what dota originally was, Warcraft 3 using only a single hero in a certain map.
>>
>>324122547
>RPS
>skill

Casual genre unless you count strategy games as RPG
>>
>>324122932
That's like your opinion, man.

>>324122943
RPG PvP - in its finest form - consists mainly of accumulating gear and then elbow dropping everyone just to show off. People get immensely butthurt, but it's fun as hell when you're the one who's stacked.

>>324122980
I rest my case.
>>
>>324123025
only casuals think there is no skill in RPGs
>>
File: rts vs moba.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rts vs moba.webm
3 MB, 960x540
YOU DUN KNOW ANYTHING OP, ASSFAGGOTS ARE MY FAVORITE GENRE SINCE I CAN PRETEND TO BE NORMAL IN THEM! I HAVE TONS OF FRIENDS I'LL LET YOU KNOW
>>
>>324122801
but competitive games are shit anon
>>
>>324123145
There literally isn't. Singleplayer games take no skill
>>
>>324123059
Wait, you actually enjoy MMORPG PvP?
Wow, talk about eating shit.
Sure hope you enjoy getting gutted by 10 years old with his mom's credit card.
>>
>>324123150
>SC player is literally doing nothing useful
It's actually a great example of what these arguments always boil down to
>>
>>324123181
That's what someone who's shit at them would say.
>>
>>324123226
>he didn't play during the golden age of MMORPGs

Nice try, cunt.
>>
>>324123010
First off the recommendation is obviously highly skewed.
Second is the change in how they decided to note it.

Instead could have easily described it similar to the others. Not sure about HoN, HotS and LoL definitely don't, but DoTA has a fairly decent skill ceiling, still has micromanagement, definitely has macro-management of a similar level to RTS games (which it admittedly states lack strategy and tactics), and fast reaction times are also necessary, sometimes as much as fighting games. The learning curve isn't as brutal as fighting games but it is pretty high if the MOBA has been out more than a few years (Due to sheer amount of items, characters, and interactions, then timing, and such after). Semi-frequent patches mean learning changes to meta and character interactions all over again in many cases as well.

FPS games I can't say, I'm not a fan and I'd probably fall for the lolbait of that picture.
>>
>>324123145
guud wun
>>
>>324123249
>nothing useful
macro and micro are useless how...?
>>
>>324123195
some optional content requires preparation. Preparing effectively is a skill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw
RPGfag ragequits an ez mode fighter
>>
>>324123359
To be fair that game is trash.
>>
>>324123226
You missed the time .There was a sweet spot in MMO gaming before it was monetized to literal hell worse than AAA games. Pretty much everythiong prior to 2004 when MapleStory's Cash Shop RoI showed how absolutely fucking disgusting microtransactions are.

I quite frankly wish that the EU as well as USA would just ban microtransactions being aimed at anyone under the age of 13, and strictly enforce it.

I don't even know how many kids I know that have wasted thousands upon thousands on fucking gachapon alone.

Hell, I know a kid I used to game with who would not only waste thousands on shit, over the course of a year he gifted the rest of us hundreds in CS stuff as well. Shit was mental.
>>
>>324123328
But his not, he is literally selecting and deselecting drones to warm up or some shit
Footage is also slowed down on the LoL side and sped up on his side.

Again its a brilliant example because this is what it always boils down to, people lying and pretending that the thing they like takes more skill while exaggerating the perceived flaws of the other side
>>
>>324123404
To be fair it's not because it's cheap or poorly balanced. It's because there isn't enough characters and the ones that exist have boring designs and it's too simple. It's a perfectly playable game.
>>
>>324123404
>He couldnt get the drinks ready
You couldnt pay to be less free, anon
>>
File: Aha.jpg (287 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Aha.jpg
287 KB, 1280x720
>>324123404
The quality of the game is irrelevant, Rising Thunder is proof that execution requirements are not the entry barrier to fighting games that people think they are. It's the refusal to take accountability for oneself and the lack of willingness to reflect and improve one's play.
>>
>>324123275
Oh boy, sure do tell me about Ragnarok's beatiful pvp that almost everyone used the same cards and builds, or Tibia's runespam mixed with pure RNG, those were the days.
>>
File: 1429914582155.jpg (16 KB, 231x244) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429914582155.jpg
16 KB, 231x244
>>324123474
>Footage is also slowed down on the LoL side and sped up on his side.
You're right, he usually presses Q, W AND SOMETIMES R, now that's skill
>>
Fighting games are extremely deep and are as described at higher levels of play.

Can't talk for others genres though.
>>
>>324123568
Nah check the speed the dude withe the glasses moves at
>>
>>324121284
It's a quality mspaint comic, it's a perfectly valid representation of the actual facts
>>
>guaranteedreplies.jpg
>>
>>324122838
>mobas
>not viewer friendly
Nope, there are a fucking TON of normies that play League. Walk around a campus library and it's guaranteed that a good chunk of people will be playing or watching a League game.
Also FPS games are fine, there's not nearly as much jargon as mobas. I'd argue there's less jargon in FPS than Fighting games.
>fighters take skill, if you lose you only have yourself to blame, you can't just say your team was ass and holding you back
Mobas are probably closer to sports though in this regard, sports are rarely a 1v1 thing. I don't see why both team based and 1v1 vidya can't exist in the competitive scene, they're completely different games for completely different audiences.

The only thing that really makes me mad is that fucking LEAGUE is the moba of choice for esports. The game in which you have to UNLOCK characters to play with. This shit should not be allowed for a competitive game, but people lap that shit up like the good goyim they are. It then forces every other company to pull the same shit "BECAUSE LEAGUE DOES IT" and it's one of the biggest cancers to the genre. Shit like Smite does it right, pay once and unlock everything.
>>
File: 0937609370670.jpg (236 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0937609370670.jpg
236 KB, 800x1132
>>324123520
I felt that Rising Thunder was proof that Fighting Games are carried and played almost exclusively by their legacy.

Regardless of art style, accessibility, or mechanics, the games that are played the most, are those with the longest-running and/or most recognizable brands/cast.
>>
File: FAGGOT.png (8 KB, 409x258) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FAGGOT.png
8 KB, 409x258
>>324123612
You've proven to be retarded and a MOBA defender, congratulations, faggot.
>>
>>324123702
I mean I have like 1 hour of league and then uninstalled it but whatever makes you feel better.
I'm just saying you are the typical example of this thread, a retard that knows nothing and just posts lies to make himself feel better
>>
>>324123698
SF4 was the proof for that.
>>
>>324123568
Don't forget there's plenty of heroes full of passives that makes the player literally need to only worry about one or two buttons all the game.
But oh, there's so much strategy and mind game in it.
>>
>>324123504
>>324123520
>It's a perfectly playable game.

If you like shit.

>>324123512
Do you play SF4? If so I'll body you right now.

>>324123548
Never played RO. I played WoW, XI, GE, AO and more. Vanilla WoW's PvP was great until they nerfed everything the cry babbies like you cried about, and added arenas.
>>
>>324123548
Ragnarok PvP was actually fun and there were many varied builds as well, so you're wrong there.

It's part of the reason I had high hopes for ToS but it's turning into the worst shit ever because IMC got in bed with nexon on it and no doubt will bring the korean shit over to us. It's almost DoA in Korea even.

>>324123612
You're wrong. I play MOBAs but you are fucking wrong, look at people waking in background. That sort of APM is necessary in SC2. That said, the LoL guy is jungling wihch is going to be much slower and also looks like a newb.

It's not like it's hard to get footage of eSports of both, but no one wants actual legitimate data here, when you can bait one side because 'why do their work for them'.
>>
Also the FGC has beautiful girls.
>>
>>324123805
What'd they do to ToS? Everyone says it's gone to shit but nobody gives specific reasons why.
>>
>>324123770
You mean melee
>>
>>324123805
>look at people waking in background
Yeah look at them, they slow the fuck down when the camera pans to the left and speed up when the camera pans to the right
The guy on the SC is literally just slecting and deslecting to get warmed up for when the APM is needed, doesn't change the fact that what he is doing is literally 100% pointless
>>
>>324123818
Don't forget niggers.
>>
>>324123790
>WoW
>Golden age of MMOs

Fuck man I'm with defending you that MMOs weren't always shit, but WoW was so fucking garbage

Maybe if you said GW at least for the western side.

EQ2 was pretty okay but not pvp obviously.

>>324123839
The last 2 months have been almost nothing but monetization schemes. They disabled 1:1 trading, only let you put 1 thing on market at a time, and they put these things behind a 'Token' you can buy which is basically a monthly subscription, which in Korea right now is equivalent to $16/month. Also you get a 30% movement speed boost and some other shit. Even with token you can only have 5 items on market at a time. Production classes absically killed. They barely fixed any issues throughout all of kOBT despite this, just added more monetization schemes. Now, in January I think they've taken noticed and started doing a bit more, but they released hair changes costing $16 each, skill reset is $8 a pop, etc. you can even buy potions.
>>
>>324123998
What's the best MMO then?
>>
>>324123790
>the cry babbies like me
Nice projecting, were did I ever say I found WoW's pvp to be unbalanced?
It's just ridiculously boring.
>>324123805
I'll be honest and go back and say that I did enjoy Ragnarok's PvP, but that was the only one that really did it right.
>>
>>324123998
Vanilla WoW was dank.

Concerning ToS we knew there'd be microtrans and shit. The production classes seemed a little OP but I donno. From what I played I liked, and I'd wait until the beta is over before shitting bricks. It's good to let them know they're fucking up but I wouldn't give up hope until they actually release the game.
>>
>>324123928
For one very brief second at the start everything is sped up, but you still have time to check him out in normal speed without a problem, and it's much faster.

The comparison isn't 'fair' because of other things as stated, but that's not one of them and the slight speed increase at the VERY start is very short.

>>324124063
There is no best, there's barely good. Even back then MMOs were good because it was "Your first grind" so it felt worth it, maybe the first 2, 3, 5 times.If you were to go back to any of those now you would hate it. (Korean ones anyway!), American ones tended to have the Gear Progression shit which was just as bad.

If I had to rate a best MMO I'd say MapleStory oddly enough, it hit all the points it needed to, they just unfortunately weren't pushed back when they brought forth monetization, so it was hit like crazy.
>>
i with FGC had a community the size of ASSFAGGOTS normies shun you so hard if body them to hard on a fighting game.
>>
>>324124063
the only good MMOs were before WoW.
WoW literally killed the genre.
>>
File: Monaca Towa.jpg (181 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Monaca Towa.jpg
181 KB, 1024x1280
>>324123790
I said nothing about the game's quality, because the quality seriously is in no way relevant to what I said. Its not just about input barriers, its about losing and not wanting to put in the work needed to win. In fighting games it's just you and the other guy. No one else to blame but yourself for failure, and there are no one else's coat tails are there for you to ride on. Why do you think team activities, especially MOBAs and shooters, are so popular in the first place.
>>
>>324124152
We've been letting them know since icbt2/kcbt3. There are bugs that break classes still present from then while they work on this other shit.

The game is fun the first time around but it also has some core problems with it. Mainly that the game is based around the idea of unique classes, but leveling up is a strictly boring overly saturated questline of fetch and kill generic bullshit. Grinding isn't an alternative option even if funded, the 'Auto attack' based combat clearly favors specific classes (Swordsman, the only one they ever care about when balancing it seems), but they don't care and haven't made changes to it. The whole archer tree is literally a Stance trap.

But it's important that we don't let people trade 1:1 so we can make them pay for that. you know the last game that locked something so important behind a paywall?
Rakion. IT fucking died a horrible death in US. Despite being a decent game.
>>
>>324124206

Team games are populat because people like playing with other people. Of course this might surprise you because you post anime and dont have any friends
>>
>>324124342
Dude, developers have a flow. It's not always prioritized properly or specifically. Just because they're adding pay walls and micro and shit before they fix bugs doesn't mean they think it's more or less important, it just means they're finally getting around to adding or changing it.
>>
>>324123818
Transitioning done right.
>>
>>324124430
They're also incredibly simple.
That often draws people in.
>>
Fighting games are for faggots.
>>
>>324124458
Their original release goal was mid-2016 for iToS. kToS should be before that. With this flow it looks unlikely if that's their plan. They also had no need to test this so early and they did so at one of the worst times as well when they were already having a retention problem with Korean players.
>>
>>324121284
Doesn't matter if it is accurate or not as your skill in a pvp game has little to do with the game itself but the people you are playing against.
>>
>>324124517
>dota
>simple

laughing out loud
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (179 KB, 547x712) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
179 KB, 547x712
So this is the power of fighting games.
>>
>>324124727
Wrong, the less (complex) layers a game has, the easier it is for a worse players to win a lucky game/round.
A game is also better if there are varied requirements to be good.

A high skill ceiling is the sign of a good game
>>
>>324121284
The fighting games description works for pretty much every genre listed.
>>
>>324124698
I understand the concern but let's be honest, it's no GE or anything. I would have much preferred them to bring WolfKnights to the states instead. And if I were you I'd continue providing feedback and try to suspend your harsh criticism of ToS until they release newer versions. Because holy shit it may actually be fun.
>>
>>324124839
You should've said "so this is the power of games that aren't Dota 2" if we're going by that logic.

Dota 2 has one, huge company that pays for the prize pool so obviously it'll have a bigger one.

Meanwhile I can play SF4 at locals and earn money from other participants and through moneymatches, only the best of the best earn money through Dota.
>>
>>324124750
stun and silence timings are as complicated as understanding the game gets
>>
>>324124839
>Mew2King has been in 191 tournaments and has only made 100,000 dollars

Sad.
>>
>>324124517
>100+ heros/champions/characters
>100s of items
>cooldowns
>mana
>dynamic metas
>restricted vision
>5 enemies to watch instead of 1
>incredibly simple

B-but muh frame data
>>
>>324124986
>>324124978
Fighting games will always be two nignogs punching each other on a 2 dimensional plane.

The fighting game circlejerk is fucking pathetic considering the state the community is in right now.
>>
>>324121284
It shows how cancer the fighting game fags are because they think its gospel. RTS is just as difficult just in a different way. But its not too innacurate.

Having played a host of different genres I cant agree that DOTA is that casual because most of casuals I know cant play it for shit. But yes it is just dumbed down RTS.
>>
>>324125113
>what is tekken
>>
>>324124972
I provide feedback constantly and played kOBT up until a few weeks ago (Went on vacation). Very little English feedback gets to them. What does is through that CM that's rather annoying of a fellow (John I think it was), he pushed some of my feedback through as well as some of /tosg/'s in general, but we'll see how far that actually goes. I'm not giving up on it and am watching it and going to keep an eye, but even some of the stuff in their surveys they're just no fixing despite overwhelming responses one way or another. Like the AA-focused combat.
>>
File: 28043-1412934748.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
28043-1412934748.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
>ESPN would rather televise a children's card game made by blizzard than any fighting game

It's over, fighting game faggots are finished.
>>
>>324121284
The only thing you can take away from this image is that the creator liked playing RTS and fighting games.

>>324123150
So apm is going to your metric for skill? Seems pretty autistic. Its meant to a be a strategy game, there are dozens of online tools for measuring your apm online, just try to get a high score on that?
>>
RTS = Baseball
FGC = Golf
FPS = Football/Soccer
MOBA = Basketball
>>
>>324123150
I love this webm. You can see that the starcraft player is just randomly selecting different shit and checking the progress on stuff and overall just literally doing nothing but trying to increase the apm stat.
>>
>>324125332
>FGC = Golf

Maybe hockey, but I don't know enough about hockey.
>>
File: 1436318274727.png (908 KB, 1296x1186) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436318274727.png
908 KB, 1296x1186
>>324121284
>fighting games
>anything but rock paper scissors simulators
>>
>>324125185
They do need to fix some bugs (swordsman M&KB control, etc.) I doubt retention is a big dead right now, since it's still beta.
>>
File: 1243256345.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1243256345.png
901 KB, 690x460
>he plays fighting games
>>
>>324125113
>the state the community is in right now.
It has never been stronger or bigger.
>>
File: bias.png (27 KB, 1098x690) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bias.png
27 KB, 1098x690
>>324121284
>>
>>324125435
Golf is a sport appreciated only by people that know golf and play golf.

Then again fighting games do have moments that translate into great videos so hockey probably is more correct seeing as people can't tell the difference between low level play and high level play in hockey or fighting games.

Explaining zone spacing to force an input at half screen that opens a optimum damage combo just looks like fireball spamming.
>>
>>324125489
It's a pretty big deal if they end up DoA.

i think this might finally be the year that people realize that they don't have to play every MMO and just avoid the ones that are not amazing and go crazy on monetization. Devilian took a HUGE blow with it's first week turn out, game was semi-decent, but was crazy monetization.

ToS could face similar feelings. Swordsman have the least amount of bugs too, most shit revolves around them. The whole archer tree is so fucked up, so many bad design choices like missile penalty, wizards got a lot of weird bugs as well, so does cleric, but Priest is so strong and melees so it doesn't matter in most cases.
>>
>>324125434
He's checking every time if he can start creating the buildings with the materials he has, every second counts, honestly strategy isn't all that important in RTS.
>>
>>324125573
Where's the money? Where's the coverage? Where's the viewers on twitch? Where's the sponsorship?

Compare fighting games to Dota, League, Hearthstone, Counter Strike and it isn't even a blip on the fucking radar.
>>
>>324125637
The majority of MMORPGs are simply fap, fur and casual bait. When someone finally gets around to making a good, honest-to-earnest MMORPG they're going to rake in dosh like crazy.
>>
>>324125660
Yes, literally nothing but waiting. The only reason he is doing this twitch shit is to increase his apm and feel good. Or if you are really going to be positive, he is "warming up". I did that too at the start of a match. Its boring to just look at your base and wait.
>>
Dota = RTS

Smite, LoL, HotS = MOBA

You're all FUCKING retarded.
>>
>>324125038
>implying dynamic metas are really a thing
>100 items that are builded the same by certain heroes/champions every time
>100 heroes/champions but only 20 are actually strong in the current update and used on competitions
>cooldowns and mana actually being complicated
Nice game
>>
>>324125813
dota is also a moba.
>>
>>324125681
>It has never been stronger or bigger.
I don't give a shit what normies choose to watch. It has never been easier or more rewarding to actually play fighting games with people.
>>
>>324125898
How is it rewarding? There's no money in any of these tournaments.
>>
>>324125751
Yeah but that won't happen for a while. I pretty much check out every MMORPG that's got minimal hype because I'm praying for this, but I know it'll be another 5-10 years minimum. We're unfortunately cusping VR tech and VRMMORPG concept is very appealing, so why go super hard in that now when VR is around the corner, the first stage will be a 2yr life cycle and then the second cycle should have many things thinned out. 10~ years in (3rd-5th cycle~) people might be able to VR on a $500 system instead of $2k thus widening MMO audience greatly, and something can be done.

The state of gaming overall is to remake something in genre with a slight twist and release it, then see how that fairs and repeats however. The MMO has gone so far from what it needs to be, that if they did that it would take decades.

I personally have 2 ideas I think could really work out, but I don't have the wherewithal to work towards it myself.
>>
>>324125681
> money
FGC and RTS are the only genres that have non-first party funded tournaments throughout the year.

> coverage
No one gets any real coverage. It's a moot point.

> sponsorship
What sponsors? Literally no one gets sponsored by anything legit. Red Bull is the closest to a real sponsor. No one is getting Samsung sponsorship or Nike sponsorship.

The only real point you have is twitch and that's hyper inflated by cam whores with tiny boxes showing actual gameplay.

Meanwhile Sony is positioning both Street Fighter and Call of Duty to have both Tennis/Golf style invitationals and opens with real sponsors and coverage.
>>
>>324125805
at that moment doesn't because the game is just getting started, but if you really played RTS you should know further down the game you actually have to be competent at micro managing and that ridiculously high APM, right?
Then I don't see the point you're arguing for.
>>
Replace either of the fighting game pictures with someone rolling dice and it's 100% accurate.
>>
>>324123790
>Do you play SF4? If so I'll body you right now.
You really wouldn't WizardFaggot, we've already been over the fact that you're bad and mad a million times.

You had to leave Australia because out FGC kicked you out for being such a salty faggot. Now you're an online warrior with your 3000bp and your constant ragequitting. Theres at least 10 videos of you being a salty cunt up on YT right now.
>>
>FPS takes no skill
Where are those Quake WebMs when you need them.
>>
>>324125872
>you dont have to learn this shit as a new player regardless of how trivial it is to an experienced one
>expecting to get out of the trench ever without knowing at least important cooldowns and abilities
>thinking casual gamers arent going to nope the fuck out after seeing all the shit they have to know when they could just play cod
>>
>>324126093
>1 or 2 fps games require skill, therefore all fps games require skill
>>
>>324126093
that's the same stupid argument as the RPG people.
Just because it needed some skills 20 years earlier doesn't mean it actually needs to be considered right now.
>>
File: 1434134606993.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434134606993.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>324125813
>DotA
>RTS
HA
HA HA HA
>>
>real time strategy
>devoid of strategy

about 0% accurate
>>
>>324126058
The point I am arguing is that selecting random shit real wast to boost APM is easy. Even a scrub like me could do it. Microing units with an actual intend is something else entirely and I am going to presume that this guy would slow the fuck down if this wasnt random but intentional.
>>
>>324126012
>MMO
>VR

Literally never going to happen. You'll go blind.
>>
>>324126053
>non-first party funded tournaments throughout the year.
>dota the 2
What are you smoking?
>>
>>324126084
The fuck? I'm not bluewizard, if that's who you're talking about.
>>
>>324126224
Obviously not as we know MMOs today.

The computing power needed will take at least a decade before we're there too though.
>>
>>324125961
>The only reward is financial
You're a fucking idiot, enjoy living your life out as a desk jockey or at a fast food joint praying you win the lottery so your life will have SOME meaning
>>
>>324126053
>FGC and RTS are the only genres that have non-first party funded tournaments throughout the year.

Okay? You need these people to shell out more then. Because fighting games prize pools are pathetic.

>No one gets any real coverage. It's a moot point.

CS, Dota, League, and Hearthstone are always top viewed on twitch and Dota, Hearthstone and Starcraft are all being broadcast on ESPN.

>What sponsors?

SK Telecom, Samsung, Monster, Redbull, SteelSeries, HyperX, Tesoro, AOC, BenQ, DXSeat, CyberpowerPC, NeedforSEAT, 100TB

I could go on but i'm tired of typing
>>
>>324126192
So you're a dota player.
I do agree that to actually get to 4k+ MMR, you do need to be not stupid.
But that doesn't stop casuals from playing it, I have plenty of casual friends that are on low rankings and still think they know shit and watch the competitions.
>>
>>324126371
Casual would imply people play dota for fun.
>>
File: 1442125610326.jpg (39 KB, 500x625) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442125610326.jpg
39 KB, 500x625
>>324123059
>I rest my case.
>>
>>324126364
Nigga none of those a real sponsors. Otherwise you'd have to consider all the companies that sponsor FGC as real sponsors.

Come back when fucking McDonalds or Nike is sponsoring them.
>>
File: le hat joke.png (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
le hat joke.png
26 KB, 640x480
>>324126462
>>
>>324125681
>>324126364

All of these games have companies pouring money into them.
The Prize pool for Capcom cup was 250.000, same as Hearthstone for Blizzcon but aside from that, the prize money comes from the people playing the game and PARTICIPATING in the tournaments.

The average Hearthstone player has no chance to even get into such a tourney, meanwhile I could walk into any Capcom tournament and just participate for a measly 10-15 bucks entry fee.

THAT'S the difference between the genres, on one side you have commercialized esports and on the other side, actual skill is rewarded.

Pro players don't get a free pass, they all start from scratch in every single tourney and still manage to come out on top, upsets are actually possible.

"Good" players can't make any money in the games you've mentioned, meanwhile I've made ~300€ through moneymatches and tourney prizes in the last 2 years just by being passionate about fighting games without even trying to go pro.
>>
>>324126432
And they do play for fun, they do stupid builds and go with formed groups that manage to look worse than matchmaking ones.
>>
>>324126480
Yeah, move that goal post. MOVE IT
>>
>>324122838
You would think but because of how much skill they take compared to the two biggest genres, FPS and MOBA, low skill players (the general populace) is turned off to playing it, and less players means less viewers.

Like, what's the greatest sport every made? The very best designed one. I can guarantee you it's likely not Football. But popularity snowballs and people don't like having to learn new systems so they stick with what they know!
>>
>>324126371
I used to play dota, I play league now but im not about to try and defend that game.

>low rankings and still think they know shit and watch the competitions.
Those arent casuals, those are bads.
Casuals >>324126432
>>
>>324126480
>Samsung
>Not real

Are you retarded or pretending?

Do you even know how much they push as a company?
Their feet are under desks 90% of the time, a Nike sponsorship is a waste, they can't wear much Nike swag either, headbands/etc are a no cause of headsets, so that leaves shirts/pants, wow.

McDonalds? "Walk in with le burger", McDonalds needs to stay as far away from gaming sponsorships as possible, we have enough fat gamers.
>>
>>324125961
If I wanted to do shit for the sake of money I'd simply be investing in stock and make far more money I'd ever make playing videogames.
>>
File: 717.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
717.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>324126494
>Being this triggerd
>>
>>324126508
Or you could go through any of the bigger Dota tournaments Open Qualifiers for literally no cost.
Shit even TI and the Majors have open quals and those all have 1 mil+ prizepools
>>
>>324126552
You already moved it long ago by saying FGC had no sponsors so sorry bro.
>>
>>324126508
Saying you want to become a fighting game pro is like saying you want to become homeless.

Playing fighting games can't be a full time job because they're poor as fuck.

Playing dota is a full time job for these people. And don't give me that grass roots bullshit.

I saw a 15 year old kid from pakistan become a millionaire in less than a year with nothing but hard work and dedication.

Fighting games will always be small time. You fags are so fucking delusional.
>>
>>324126621
>Online qualifiers
top kek

Okay buddy, let me just travel europe and actually experience something while you're grooming your neckbeard inbetween games.
>>
>>324126619
>being this young
>>
>>324126480
>Come back when fucking McDonalds or Nike is sponsoring them.

>Red Bull
>Samsung
>SK Telecom
>Monster

The fuck are you even saying, not computer companies?
>>
>>324126587
Considering how retarded you are it doesn't surprise me to see how that confused you. It's not like a basketball player can play basketball in an Audi but they still get sponsored by them. That just means in real life they drive the car around and appear in their ads.

The whole point is that no one outside of places that have a vested interest in selling a particular niche of goods are sponsoring players in every esports field.

What the fuck does Verizon have to do with football? Nothing, but they sponsor guys that run around grabbing ass and chasing an egg.

That's the point. No one is being sponsored by anything. These guys are just buying space to be at events.
>>
>>324126801
valve pays for your team's plane tickets you dumb faggot.

Show any "professional" fighting games pro the amount of money Dota 2 rakes in and they would dream of switching games. But they're too fucking stupid to understand dota and they'd probably calibrate at 2,000 mmr or some shit.
>>
File: 1448210908987.png (167 KB, 318x308) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448210908987.png
167 KB, 318x308
>>324126826
Tell me grandpa what is the meaning of life
>>
>>324126790
>treating video games as a job

Lol
>>
>>324126927
To go back to reddit.
>>
>>324126923
> DOTA pros
> actually make money

Those poor assholes have so much taxes placed on them it's a wonder how they make money at all. Personal trainers, their teams, coaches, so much shit gets siphoned off it's stupid.

Even then 1 mil prize pool split up between 5 guys and their association? By the end of it they made as much as Kazunoko did at Capcom Cup this year.
>>
>>324127026
The Dota 2 team Evil Genuises boot camped 10 hours a day before they won TI5 and got 6 million dollars for first place.

How is that not a job?
>>
File: 1433958835634.gif (1 MB, 240x232) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433958835634.gif
1 MB, 240x232
>>324126790
>I saw a 15 year old kid from pakistan become a millionaire in less than a year with nothing but hard work and dedication.
You mean connections, sponsors and the donations of retards right?

Could you imagine how big EVO pots would get if you allowed any retard to put money into the pot outside of actually signing up? Valve only puts forward around 1.5mil every year because they have no real faith in the game, anon. They leave it up to the idiots who play it to fund it, and most are doing it for cosmetics anyway to make some steam wallet money.


If you're skilled enough, you'll get sponsored and it'll become a job. Your salary from Razer, Madcatz or AVerMedia will be to be godlike. Keyword being you in you're. Not relying on your team, not grouping as a 5 and winning due to the fact that you just outnumber people and get free kils, YOU. YOU have to be godlike, YOU need the reactions, YOU need the reads, YOU need to be seeing 10 steps in front of the person you're playing against while realizing he's thinking 10 steps in front of YOU.
>>
>>324126790
Yes, there's more money in Dota you made that point about a million times now but that's only due to Valve and they're the only company going this far as well.

Meanwhile Daigo is actually a Star in Japan, wrote his own bestselling book, is the Star of his own Manga and makes a lot of money just by living off his name.
Still haven't seen anyone give enough shits about Dota 2 to reference it in actual media.
Enough money so he donated his recent winnings to the community.

>don't give me that grass roots bullshit
How about don't give me that corporate bullshit, the important figures in the FGC are all there because they have been there for over a decade.

>>324126923
>you dumb faggot
Man the salt
>>
File: 1449360659279.jpg (526 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449360659279.jpg
526 KB, 1462x1462
>>324127065
>reddit.

There is that word again grandpaw, are you okay?
>>
>>324127074
valve actually makes sure the players directly get all of the money
last year the grand prize was 6 million
each one of thems a millionare
>>
>>324127146
No one would put money in it because they're all fucking 12 year olds.

Like I said, you fags are delusional as fuck.
>>
>>324127187
>being this buttblasted
>>
File: 1452869383589.jpg (411 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452869383589.jpg
411 KB, 1462x1462
>>324127265
>Being this much invested in meaningless internet beef too realize that im just posting golden face

Ok ok i had my laugh anon have a nice day
>>
Teaxg a fighting game player how to play dots and they will make money just from streaming, teach a dota player how to play fighters and they will never place in locals let alone bigger routines

Point is, you can't just use monetary sums to say such is the better game
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (260 KB, 1417x873) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
260 KB, 1417x873
>>324127168
>Daigo

LITERALLY who?

>wrote his own book
WOW

>he donated his recent winnings to the community.
ALL 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS?

Holy shit. Stop the fucking presses. Fighting games are on the come up.
>>
>>324127146
Whoa bro. It's just a game.
>>
File: navi_big.jpg (269 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
navi_big.jpg
269 KB, 1200x900
>>324127256
>Average Dota team
>Kids
>>
>>324126790
>>324127146
To be fair here, as I've talked with several pro LoL streamers and a few of them used to browse here long ago. The majority of their money comes from streams and subs/etc. You have to be a showman, have good connections, those connections should help you get sponsors, preferably get on a good team due to the same. Knowing people and knowing how to handle yourself when it comes to things like sponsorship and be proactive is huge, and not just that despite it all you still need to make sure that you are streaming often and are good enough to keep a good sized crowd.

Sponsors are money, but they're not the bulk by far. Someone doing extremely good has around 2,500-3k subs if they follow this. 1k-2k is probably what sumail has give or take. Assuming base rate that's $2.50 per month per sub. That's $2,500-$5,000 a month. There's also donations on top of that which usually aren't small and there are sponsors (Probably a few hundred a month).

You have to keep up tho
>>
File: 1444812534651.jpg (46 KB, 500x383) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444812534651.jpg
46 KB, 500x383
>>324127256
>No one would put money in it because they're all fucking 12 year olds.
You mean the 12 year olds asking their parents to give them money to buy Compendium / Compendium Points for a shitty courier and a hud? and the chance at a legendary they can sell and buy Garrys Mod with?

Honestly take a good hard look at the earnings of DotA2 players, and then subtract the donations of retards through compendiums. Leave only the raw pool Valve adds. They wouldnt even be in the top 50.

Valve put about what? 1.5mil into each TI? They get beat by Riot and Riot doesnt even jew players out to add money to Worlds Pool.

Valve has absolutely no faith in DotA2 because DotA2 is garbage and they know it, but you faggots keep eating it up. Have you not asked yourself why they dont put money from keys/cases back into the CS:GO tournament pools?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>324127475
>1 of those players has earned more money than all fighting game players combined

It feels so good.
>>
>>324127475
All those babby faces
>>
Turn Based Strategy is the patrician genre.
>>
>>324127510
Yes they have so little faith in Dota that they went from 1 single event a year to 4 events a year.
Truly an astonishing lack of faith on their part there
>>
>>324127168
LoL has huge pools too.

HotS is casual as shit but I wouldn't be surprised if they go for decent money, at the very least they had that dealio where they would pay for your team's college for 4 years.
>>
>>324127510
1.5 million is still 1.45 million more than any of your shitty prize pools.

Stay mad.
>>
>>324127475
These ''confident'' faces
>>
>>324122398
>I'm shit at games waah
>>
>>324127689
>facebook frog poster in my thread
>>
File: 1448133921781.jpg (272 KB, 692x581) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448133921781.jpg
272 KB, 692x581
>>324127743
>Current year
>not being a normie
>>
File: 1375917992663.jpg (125 KB, 564x428) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375917992663.jpg
125 KB, 564x428
>>324127883
I'll show you who's boss of this gym
>>
>>324127168
That's a lot of fame for someone who gets bodied so much.
>His own manga
Now I'm interested.
>>
File: 1426252002921.jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426252002921.jpg
108 KB, 500x500
>>324127620
Considering they only put 25% of compendium profits back into the TI prize pool and you idiots gave them SIXTY SEVEN FUCKING MILLION ON DIGITAL ITEMS, they can take a fraction of that and make 3 more events, and they'll still ask for more money when TI6 comes around and you idiots will pay because m-m-muh hud or m-m-muh faceless rex carrier

>>324127684
Less than League

A game that takes actual skill, not a game where fat americunts with 3x a normal reaction time due to the cholesterol in their system can still win.
>>
File: Mango Bay.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Mango Bay.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
M A N G O B A Y
A
N
G
O
B
A
Y
>>
File: 1435449014665.gif (95 KB, 315x572) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435449014665.gif
95 KB, 315x572
>>324127952
Strip down and fight big man
>>
File: 1450221648170.png (186 KB, 700x697) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450221648170.png
186 KB, 700x697
>>324128008
>he plays league

Spotted the chink. So easily.
>>
>>324128047
This looks fun what is this
>>
File: 1427999999537.jpg (34 KB, 617x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427999999537.jpg
34 KB, 617x462
>>324128102
Fuck you.
>>
>>324127953
Daigo has a problem, a real problem. He's fantastic at long set play but has a choking problem in double elimination.

Nigga still almost took the final SF4 tournament though.

But yeah he's a minor celeb in Japan. A couple of the Japanese pros have radio shows and shit. Momochi and Choco have a show on one of their educational networks alongside the show they do for Capcom from time to time.

You have to remember though Daigo is basically the Dr.J of FGC.
>>
>>324128153
CoolCat PartyTime M
>>
>>324128167
Don't make assume my true form
>>
>>324127953
>That's a lot of fame for someone who gets bodied so much.
He doesnt even have to try, he just has to show up. He's making more off his Madcatz salary then the tournaments put out.
Madcatz wouldnt even think about losing their sponsorship of a legend, because he'll get right back on track, win an evo and another sponsor will gladly take him in.
>>
>>324128119
>He plays the better game
wew lad what an insult, you sure shamed me for playing the game that takes more skill
>>
File: magnificent.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
magnificent.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>324128224
man partying in 90s begin 2000 was something else, people are actually dancing and shit
>>
File: 213231231.png (313 KB, 452x342) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
213231231.png
313 KB, 452x342
>>324128293
League cucks. shaking my head to be honest

go jerk off to your waifu faggotry heroes and play your watered down game
>>
File: 137565_1406439795.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
137565_1406439795.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>324128361
DotArd cucks. shaking my head to be honest

go jerk off to your waifu faggotry (>>324128119) and play your watered down game.
>>
>>324128357
This was made in 2015. They just made it look retro.
>>
>>324126480

>Red Bull
>runs a shit ton of sports events from downhill biking to air races
>runs TWO formula 1 teams
>not a real sponsor

Hmm.
>>
@324128428

can you just stop, im talking to the /vg/ fag.
>>
>>324128506
McDonald's or Nike didnt drop a man from the stratosphere IIRC.
>>
Just listen to fighting game commentary, it's always some black guy shouting about the player winning a coinflip.
>>
>>324128506
Yes, and? Red Bull sponsors FGC as well.
>>
>>324127256
>>324127510
>>324127684
>>324128008
>>324128119
not a league player but riot did stupid team skins which looked awful. if 25% went to worlds like ti, it would get big as well.

they will never do this though. esport is their marketing exercise
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (141 KB, 957x614) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
141 KB, 957x614
People would rather watch a card game than smash or street fighter
>>
>>324128432
awww it's a nice song nonetheless
>>
Fightgames are about short term prediction and muscle memory

RTS are about long term prediction and muscle memory

FPS are about reflexes and muscle memory

MOBAs are about team coordination and muscle memory

Any competitive game that doesn't rely heavily on luck eventually boils down to muscle memory
>>
Can you really consider fighting games as an esport?
>>
>>324127505
>lol pros are literal twitch beggars
>dota pros do that shit to connect to their funs
>>
>>324128668
> ESPN would rather take fat stacks of cash from Blizzard, Riot, and Valve than take a moderate stack of cash from Capcom and no cash from Nintendo

ESPN coverage is a joke. All they do is talk about esports the way /v/ talks about videogames.
>>
>>324128851
All three of those companies are known for being very greedy. I don't think they're paying ESPN.
>>
>>324128920
It's part of their marketing budget.
>>
File: 1434615638756.jpg (36 KB, 640x432) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434615638756.jpg
36 KB, 640x432
>>324128661
>not a league player but riot did stupid team skins which looked awful.
Nah fuck off. The fnatic and TPA skins were great. They also come way after Worlds

They also have Championship Skins to commemorate the Worlds Finals and are released prior, but they also dont add that to the pools.

Why? Because they already pay every player in the LCS a salary, winning Worlds is a bonus.

Not to mention the sponsor and team bonuses, that and streaming.

They also dont do it because they have no need to force fans to pay for the finals, they have faith in it because people want to see it, and year after year Worlds absolutely fucks TI in viewer count.
>>
>>324128808
Unless they won, dota streamers are in the same boat. The money is fat and semi-reliable if you put in the initial work and then continually show up.
>>
File: 1389746244420.gif (451 KB, 376x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389746244420.gif
451 KB, 376x320
>>324121284
>fighting games are really hard nee san!!
this urban legend need to die
>>
>>324129047
A is for Ass
B is for boy next door
C is for college boy
D is for Dungeon
>>
>>324129047
So what you're saying is that you're going to take EVO next year?
>>
>>324128987
To be honest as someone who watches and plays both on a moderate level,LoL is a LOT easier to watch. DoTA only had a respectably comparable turnout when they had that 'noob' channel, which was hit or miss really with explanations.

One thing LoL does extremely fucking well is make them game pleasant and simple to watch.
>>
>>324128802
E-sport or MLG is a buzzword for competitive video game
>>
File: urienwin.gif (368 KB, 236x223) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
urienwin.gif
368 KB, 236x223
>>324129047
Win EVO for us win it for /v/
>>
File: 1434137218209.jpg (25 KB, 592x394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434137218209.jpg
25 KB, 592x394
>>324128808
>lol pros are literal twitch beggars
>Get paid a salary by Riot
>Get paid a salary by their Team
>Get paid bonuses by sponsors
>Have 5 days to stream when they arent playing LCS matches
>Every other DotArd is a poor faggot besides the ones that win the donations of retards by pure luck

5 DotArds are millionares
Every other player is working a McDonalds job.

Every LoL player is getting money for existing and being good at the better and more skilful game
>>
>>324129318
Nigga I'm too busy in the club doing aegis reflector
>>
File: 1424043361069.jpg (113 KB, 531x362) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424043361069.jpg
113 KB, 531x362
>>324128668
This is the only thing im really sad about

I get that you would wanna watch ASSFAGGOTS because they are toaster friendly and casual as fuck, but at least there is some team play involved.

But with HS it's total RNG bullshit and pay2win shit.
Plus fighting game matches are much more hype in general
>>
>>324129421
Ok man you are excused do your thang
>>
>>324129443

This desu. The only thing I enjoy in HS is when RNG fucks my opponent over and I win through some incredibly bullshit luck and get to spam emotes.
>>
>>324126221
>you don't have to do stuff as fast as in starcraft ii that is why mobas are better
that is what you are saying
you are literally saying that because this guy isn't doing top tier competitive play, mobas are better

fuck you you ignorant fuck
>>
>>324127468
>not knowing daigo

ha ha ha this fucking guy
>>
>>324129342
>Riot salary is pennies
>Team/sponsor payment is same either way
>No time wasted at LCS every week
>>
>>324122398
>FPS games
>twitch reflex only

This is your opinion is wrong, and it shows how shallow your experience with FPS games is, and I'm not talking about muh arena shooters.

Even games like CoD reward you for teamplay and map knowledge, although devs try their best to diminish those and encourage reflex-only braindead running and gunning by shitty map designed around corridors leading into chokepoints, shit respawn system, TDM and FFA being main gamemodes with little incentive playing anything else because "muh overall less xp".

This applies to the newer Battlefields aswell, where you can see the BF2 maps being least favorite by pugs because of large open terrain, combined arms combat and being 5+ flags, requiring actual teamwork to win.

TL:DR FPS is only as shitty if you decide to play it shittily. Play with your friends and use tactics. Play custom matches against premades.

Also esports scene is a joke. It's only about how popular a game is with viewers
>>
>RTS hard
>all you need to do is build more army than your opponent to win

LMAO
>>
File: 1367844411284.gif (2 MB, 250x136) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1367844411284.gif
2 MB, 250x136
>>324121284
>fighting games
>requiring the same skill as chess

Fighting games are literally "Spam that one annoying-ass combo all game"
>>
Right side is only true for stuff like Guilty Gear or Virtua Fighter. Casual fighters like SF or MK take no skill.

Too bad only Japan has a real competitive scene for those.
>>
File: 1447950579360.png (169 KB, 318x308) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447950579360.png
169 KB, 318x308
>>324132820
>This whole post
>>
>>324132820
>Right

I mean left
>>
>>324132820
It's funny because the right side is true for air dash party games like Xrd, Melee, etc
>>
File: fullkevin.jpg (70 KB, 616x613) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fullkevin.jpg
70 KB, 616x613
>>324132820
>Fighterfags don't even know right from left
>>
>>324133786
HIGH level of play.
It's a mindgame so you're confused and give a opening.
>>
File: 1452823249070.gif (2 MB, 256x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452823249070.gif
2 MB, 256x200
>>324131808
I lost it there
>High Speed
>Twitch Based
>Fucking compares it to chess
>>
File: 41d.gif (2 MB, 360x238) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
41d.gif
2 MB, 360x238
>>324133786
>Fighting Games
>Have skill and tactics
>>
>>324121284
Fighters really aren't hard to get into and even function in local tournaments unless you're in cali or ny, tekken and sf are not complex games and both have a skill floor about on par with CoD even if they have a higher skill ceiling

Arena shooters and especially rts are way, way harder to get into
>>
>>324125813
>Dota = RTS

LOOK AT HIM

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH
>>
>>324135557
He's wrong, definitely but he actually has somewhat of a point in that most MOBAs are hybrid games.

DoTA = MOBA with RTS focus
Smite = MOBA with FPS focus
Dawngate = MOBA with Strategy focus
LoL = MOBA with single character casual focus
HotS = MOBA with super casual focus
>>
Game genre I like
>Competitive as fuck, makes you really sexy and cool

Game genre I don't like
>Takes less skill than Minecraft, only played by pudgey manbabies

That's all I got from your post, OP. Arguing about whether a genre in its entirety is competitive is like saying all board games are competitive because Chess and Candyland share the same medium.
>>
>>324135969
LoL and Dota are literally the same shit.
Courier management doesn't fucking make dota a RTS.
>>
>>324129727
No, that is not what I am saying. Are you doing this on purpose or did you really misunderstood my post this much?
>>
>>324138316
Many characters focus around RTS elements, c'mon.

Even checking enemy basic information like their mana forces you to click on them and look like an RTS unlike Lol that makes all information you could possibly use available just on the screen normally.
>>
Can we atleast agree that MOBAs are shit and people that play them should kill themselves?
>>
>>324121284
>fighting games
Kek, all you need to do is button masing every fucking time.
>>
File: Balthier.jpg (42 KB, 900x552) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Balthier.jpg
42 KB, 900x552
>RTS

Asians.

>FPS

Whites and niggers.

>Fighting games

Niggers and Asians

>MOBAs

Asians and Whites.

What does that tell about each genre?
>>
>>324139619
That RTS have the highest skill floor?
>>
>>324121496
underrated
>>
>>324121284
>fighting games
>skill

kek
>>
>having to pay professionals to play your game
>>
File: 1444810730847.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444810730847.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>324121496
/thread
>>
>>324140518
>he got assblasted online a handful of times so he decided to denounce the skill required to play FGs at a high level

k
>>
>>324139619
Human beings like video games you fucking racist twat
Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 59
Thread DB ID: 450430



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.