[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on guild wars 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (25KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 290x200px
>>
It's shit
>>
Shit.

/thread
>>
joke of an mmo

sjw pandering trash
>>
Not a Guild Wars game.
>>
File: 1432323647607.png (522KB, 2543x2159px) Image search: [Google]
1432323647607.png
522KB, 2543x2159px
>>324114675
>>
Game with no purpose and no soul, only good for erpfags
>>
Had some potential. It failed.
>>
>>324119513
Have they ever played gw2? Or did they just write that based on some screenshots they saw once. Half of that isn't accurate at all.
>>
Shit
>>
>>324120585

That was from long before the expansion.

Shit has changed but at the same time it hasn't.
>>
I have 2.500hours played in this game.

One day i dropped it and never came back.
>>
>>324114675
I was so disappointed.
>>
quit the game asap after hitting max level
what a waste of 50euros
>>
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN WAN!!!!!
>>
>>324120869
Why did you even bother? You stopped playing an mmo when you got to the part everyone plays mmos for.
>>
>>324120949
it had nothing to do at max level, you could pvp and gather cosmetics
>>
I bought the core game back in march for 15$ and stil haven't played it or even registered it

I see it's f2p now... can I get a refund or some shit? Do I get anything for buying it before?
>>
>>324120949

GW2 set up it's content so that there was poor endgame but more focus on progression. This put no value on the game for the types who think ingame is the most important thing in an MMO.
>>
>>324121051
It's always been F2P. Since GW1.
>>
>>324121046
Dungeons, world exploration, fractals, pvp, world bosses, personal story, crafting, legendary weapons

Nothing to do alright.
>>
Bought and played it before the expansion. Friend of mine says the expansion is more of the same shit.

It felt like one of those F2P korean mmos. You could solo all the way up to max level through random running around through big ass zones. You never partied with anyone.

It could have been a single player game and I wouldn't have noticed the difference.
>>
File: 2015-11-07_00001.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-07_00001.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
It's the best MMO on the market.
>>
>>324121160

GW1 is considered B2P

If the game has an initial cost but not subscription, it's B2P
>>
Stupid Ideas: The MMO
>>
>>324121167
dungeons were piss poor, world exploration isnt content, the world is there to contain content
dont like pvp, the game had story? crafting to do what exactly? legendary weapons to do what exactly?
>>
Hats making hair disappear was enough reason for me to quit
>>
>>324121248

Nice meme, it's one of the worse in an ocean of piss.
>>
>>324121351
If you break any game down like that, why do you even play video games.

Why would I get better weapons? Why would I save this person? Why do you even bother with video games.
>>
>>324121351

The world is also shit. I hate how shills and idiots think it's one of the nicer looking games. They like to post fractals screenshots and other niche areas that weren't even part of vanilla and say "yeah this the whole game". Just look at this fag >>324121248

But the game is full of territories that all look the same and are cut into ugly rectangles with jack shit going on.

The game had a story and it might be some of the worst writing I've ever witnessed. You just might have sparred yourself by ignoring it.
>>
Boring and grindy. I am not even joking. These stupid world-events are grinding in a nice new package. All these idiots that think "uhh no grinding" will know what I am talking about like 1 hour after playing the game.
Removing the holy trinity for a game like this was a mistake, for real now.
>>
>>324121160
The core game is free now, I bought it for 15$, do you understand?
>>
>>324121725
Waaa I paid for an item and later the price changed.

You paid for it and agreed to the price. Deal with it.
>>
>>324121626
A lot of people would hype up the exploration, but exploring the world is literally running down a checklist and desperately trying to fandangle your character into a spot where the game recognizes that you've been there.
>>
>>324121828
I wasn't even whining, I was asking a question you annoying faggot.
>>
>>324121947
>>324121947
>I see it's f2p now... can I get a refund or some shit? Do I get anything for buying it before?
>>
The guildwars franchise is the perfect metaphor for the video game industry.
>>
Fun until end game. They ruined the game with Heart of Thorns though. Don't pay these fuckers money.
>>
>>324121658
>Removing the holy trinity for a game like this was a mistake, for real now.
I kinda got turned off after playing a few dungeons. It's either some group running like sanic through some optimized route or people just mindlessly whacking whatever moves.

GW1 didn't exactly have the traditional holy trinity but you still had players taking up roles for controlling the encounter, keeping everyone up, being a glass-cannon while relying on others, etc.
>>
I had fun with the game. My Ele is in full ascended, every other class is in full exotic except ranger and engi because I hate how they play.

I have no desire to go back to it though. The writing is terrible, the world is bland and gets stale quickly.

I kinda regret never getting a legendary but playing RNG roulette or buying a precursor from some jew really took any drive I'd have to put up with that grind away.
>>
As far as MMOs go, GW2 is pretty good. I dont get the massive outpouring of hate.

GW2 dared to change the MMO formula. The dynamic quest system wasnt the "you can do anything" deal that everyone hyped it up to be, but it is WAY better than the usual way MMOs deliver content. The combat was made more interactive. The PvP made more accessible to everyone. They removed the holy trinity. No sub fee.

Honestly it made some good changes to what the typical MMOs does. Are all these changes perfect? No. Will everyone enjoy the departure from a "classic" MMO? No. But everyone knows that the MMO genre needs saving and GW2 made a lot of steps in the right direction, even if the team behind the game fucked up in their post release decisions.
>>
VANILLA GW2 PVP WAS FUN. EASY TO DROP IN AND HAVE SOME FUN

EXPANSION RUINED PVP. GAVE IT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS RANKINGS AND MATCHMAKING, SO NOW NOT ONLY ARE THERE A BUNCH OF TRYHARDS IN PVP BUT THEY FORGOT TO SEPARATE SOLO QUES FROM 5-QUES, SO IF YOU'RE NOT WITH A 5MAN PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR ASSHOLE RAVAGED BY A TEAM OF RANK PUSHERS ON SKYPE ACTUALLY COORDINATING

FUCK, CASUAL PVP WAS THE ONLY GOOD PART OF IT, HOW COULD YOU FUCK UP THE -ONE THING- IT HAD GOING, ANET
>>
>>324122530
Don't sweat it anon, they ruined PvE harder.
>>
>>324122530
They fucked WvW too, so don't worry.
>>
File: magic.gif (69KB, 171x124px) Image search: [Google]
magic.gif
69KB, 171x124px
>>324122530

>Constructed PvP Ruined

>>324122562

>PvE Ruined

>>324122572

>WvW Ruined

It takes talent to fuck a game up this bad.
>>
>>324122467
You're pretty much explained the hate. All those points SEEMED good on paper.

But when you actually played the game, you realize that all these hype factors are poorly executed. In the end, it didn't really revolutionize anything or bring anything new to break the "wow clone" formula. Worst of all, it feels like 5 steps back from GW1.
>>
>>324122728
everything new mmos do looks good on paper but then their implementation sucks, they dont polish it to an equal degree as blizzard and everyones is disappointed and game dies, and if they do try to polish it well have fun with 1y+ of no new content
>>
I enjoy coming back to the game every now and then but man i just run out of shit do and need to take a break often. When i do play its usually just pvp. Also the expansion was probably the worst game purchase i made in 2015, but it was a crowded year for good games.
>>
>>324122651
It really does, they actually broke working parts of the game like Fractals with the "expansion".

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/I-d-like-a-refund/first#post5655567

Here's a rant I posted on the forum a while back if anyone's interested. They did lower the hero points to 200 for the elite specs afterwards though.
>>
Complete shit first one was amazing 2nd failed to live up to a fraction of the firsts greatness. Skills are subpar no more capturing elite skills or rare pets half of your skills depend on weapon type so it lacks customization lacks classes as good as the first like paragon, dervish, spiritualist, ect. Only pro is different playable races.
>>
>>324122467
GW2 wanted to change the MMO formula, but failed terribly. The quest system isn't any better than a generic MMO's, if anything, I would say it's even worse. With traditional MMOs like WoW at least one in a hundred quests would provide some slight entertainment, but the quests in GW2 aren't horrible only due to the system behind them, but because all of them amount to choosing the least tedious and time-consuming option to complete them, and that usually involves just killing even more mobs than you would in a F2P korean MMO.

The combat isn't interactive, and if anything, it's less responsive, reactive and engaging than the first one's. The cool builds and the class system from the first one? Gone. The logical skillsets, and heck, even the overall action-y feeling? Just fucking gone. It plays like a shit MOBA without the overhead view.

The PvP in the first one was accessible enough, and the lack of variety in maps and modes just makes the whole thing incredibly repetitive. And with the new expansion, even whatever little fun you could derive from it is gone, too.

The holy trinity? I personally dislike it, but GW2 didn't do a good job at removing it all too well. I would've far preferred a focus on defensive skills and unconventional healing methods than "everyone gets a buncha healing skills lol".

It's a pretty mediocre slog, and I put around 100 hours before reaching max level during the course of three months of forcing myself to play the game since I paid for it, and I just couldn't take it anymore.
>>
SHIT GAME THAT RUINED GUILDWARS

THE ORIGINAL IS FUCKING DEAD BECAUSE ANET ABANDONED IT AND PUT IT ON AUTOPILOT BECAUSE REDDIT BECAME THEIR FANBASE AND THEY CATER TO AUTISTS WITH MUH ACTION COMBAT AND MEME SKINS IN THE P2W SHOP FUCKKK

THE GAME ISNT EVEN ABOUT PVP ANYMORE

GUILDWARS WAS MARKETED AS A COMPETITIVE ONLINE RPG NOT AN MMO AND NOW WE HAVE THE IM TOTALLY NOT WOW GUYS LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM THE GAME FUCK

FUCK
>>
>>324123215
>action combat is bad
>p2w shop

Nigga, at least try.
>>
>>324122467

You don't get points for trying

The dynamic quest system was advertised as a world changing thing. They first showed off the Tecoatl event making statements about how such an event would impact the territory depending on whether you won or lose. What was implied was along the lines of losing to the dragon would spark another event or cause parts of the map to undergo a change of mobs and other factors.

Instead, events changed very little. Invasion events became kill mob events and that was it.
>>
File: back2reddit.jpg (81KB, 480x492px) Image search: [Google]
back2reddit.jpg
81KB, 480x492px
>>324123490
AW DOOD I LUV SWINGIN DA SWORD AROUND LIKE A RETARD HEHE ITS SO ACTION I GOTTA LOOK IN THE DIRECTION OF THE UNIT IM TRYIN TO HIT HEHEHE SO OWNAGE KEK HELLA FUN!!!!!!!!

LETS MAKE A SEQUEL TO A GAME AND LITERALLY INCLUDE NOTHING FROM THE FIRST YEAH BUDDY DO IT UP HOLY FUCK

BACK TO REDDIT NIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
They essentially proved that MMO players at large don't actually want games to divert from the WoW formula. GW2 started with a pretty solid design, but would have needed to expand on it. Instead, players demanded to go back to familiar design staples from previous MMOs (progression treadmill, raids, fixed group roles etc.).
They flip-flopped on those for a while, taking the game nowhere as a result. Eventually, they settled on a direction which brings the game back into the old, worn-out MMO fold, instead of taking the risk of alienating old MMO fans to try and get new ones who are looking for a game that plays and feels different.

I guess it was the safer bet from a business point of view.
>>
>>324114675
Killed any hopes at getting a real GW sequel
I'm still mad
>>
I think the game did a lot of things right.
It's just not fun at max level.
>>
>>324123490

Action combat is fine, but don't call GW2 action combat.

It plays like WoW with a physics engine.

At most, only d/d elementalists feel like action combat because their skill sets often have you flying around and shit.

Most other shit is very WoW like, with mobs that follow you and dividing skills for ranged classes.

In game like tera or B&S the enemies try to behave like they're in third person action rpg.

They'll do side steps, variations of telegraphed attacks. In GW2 you only dodge when a create does a charged up attack making it the same kind of mechanic as an interrupt in WoW.
>>
>>324114675
>So many anons who are gw1fags and browse /v/ 24/7.
It was worth the money. But yea there is no endgame. However HoT looks really good and is much fun (i love the gliding in that world) I've never played WoW but other popular MMOs like FFXIV which were less fun and solid in my opinion.
>>
>>324122651
>RUINED
Go back to Twitch you shit.
>>
>>324123898
I never claimed that guild wars is purely action combat. Reread what I responded to.
>>
>>324124001

I actually meant to respond to the guy you were responding too.
>>
>>324123898
F U C K
Y O U

GW2 IS FUCKING SHIT AND FAGS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WE WILL NOT HAVE GUILDWARS ANYMORE

BACK TO REDDIT NIGGER
>>
>>324123675
Or, they could've just kept GW1's gameplay and give it an updated engine with player amenities GW1 desperately needed, like Auction Houses, random matchmaking tools and decent customer service.

GW1 was already different enough from the WoW formula. Never really understood why they threw that away. Where did my Ne/Mo minion walls go?
>>
The game is fucking beautiful and the soundtrack is easily the best amongst its genre, but the floaty combat ruins everything.
>>
>>324124131
>>324123898
What was GW1 combat like? I never played it
>>
>>324124210
Run of the mill WoW combat. It was pretty clunky.
>>
Some cool concepts that got overshadowed by the horrendous PvE where there is no room to be anything but DPS. The questing was done very well, then you reach the max level and realize that the best gear available is only 5% better than the gear you can get from quests.
>>
>>324123675
No one asked for progression treadmills in GW2. Everyone who played the game back at release was okay with cosmetics for endgame, though that meant substaining the game with actual content beyond mindless and arbitrary level/gear checks, and they didn't find a way to actually deliver on that.

So, instead, they released an expansion that examplifies the philosophy they have with the game: level gates and little, repetitive amounts of content stretched out and padded to hell and back to justify the game's pricetag, that only mindless fandrones defend.
>>
>>324124131

>I'm a dumb faggot who can't read

GW2 isn't action combat you retard.

>>324124210

Take generic mmo tab targetting and ad some physics so like, if a tree is in the way of your arrow it will block the arrow rather than your character bitching about line of sight.

So it's almost like you could have a more action/physics based combat but they decided going the older MMO style would be better.

The abilities are tied to weapon choice, with some classes having a weapon swap on cooldown. The debuffs and buffs are all standardized so every attack in the game will do something from a set of known and memberable debuffs and buffs.

This makes for a boring game.
>>
>>324124210
It's more about the customization of your character builds than the combat itself.

Just look at shit like this http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Category:All_working_PvE_builds
>>
>>324122467
They got rid of the holy trinity and didn't even have something to replace it with. They just got rid of tanks and healers, GW2 has some positive but this is not one of them.
>>
>>324124210

Auto-hit. Card-base combat. Battles had to be done in squads of 4-to-9 (if I remember the number correctly). Mobs went in groups that could only defeated with either ridiculous optimized solo build or full parties (players/bots).
>>
>>324124387
>>324124258

I read that as "What is GW2 combat like" my mistake.

GW1 combat was like combining classic MMO combat with customizable skill sets for endless playstles.
>>
>>324124210
GW1 is essentially a completely different game
It's not a MMO- the only place where you will me other players is in hubs, like towns and cities. You then put together a party and go out in the areas, which are instanced.
YouÄd also put together your skillbar in the hubs, and codn't change it while out in the whild. The skilbar consisted of 8 skills, including at most 1 elite skill. You could choose sthose skills from both your main class and your secondary class. You'd have a variety of attributes to put points into, for both your main and your secondary class, but you'd miss the main attribute of the secondary class. This system allowed for about a fuckzillion different build-and teamsetups.
The actual gameplay was rather slow, but very tactical. You'd have the usual resources to balance- health, mana, cooldowns. Some skills were instant-activation, others had cast-time. Enemy targeting was done like you're used to- clicking or tab-targeting.
NPC enemies had for the most part the same skills as players had, and combat was actually really challenging, especially for a beginner. If your party didn't have a somewhat coherent setup, you'd wipe very quickly. But, due to the extensive skill/class-system, you'd have odd things, like monks and assassins who would tank and necromancers who would heal.
>>
File: gw989.jpg (868KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw989.jpg
868KB, 2560x1080px
very fun
>>
>>324124581
cool blob
>>
>>324114675
It's shit.
It's extremely boring. I had to force myself to get from level 50 to 80, because one of my friends said there was more interesting stuff to do. Except there were no real endgame content except for fractald which weren't anything special.
There are no guild wars in guild wars 2, that makes no sense either.
Why the fuck are skills bound to weapons? And why do you have so few skills in total? You have like 7, IIRC. 4 weapon skills, a heal, and two elite skills or whatever they were called.
Neo-Anet is fucking cancer aswell.

I fucking hate GW2. One of my biggest buyer's remorse, ever
>>
It literally killed my ability to be hyped for video game releases.
>>
Healbots and Tanks are bad, and you should feel bad about it.
>>
>>324122651
>>324122562
>ruined PVE

What the fuck? PvE was a shitfest already, how'd they fuck it up more?

>Most of the important shit is stack n spank with variations on where to stand
>"Endgame" = seven fractals repeated infinitely
>>
>>324124893
They broke fractals completely, introduced masteries which are just content gates that require you to grind for tens of hours, the new maps are cancer and hero points can't be solo'd so you need to organize people through map chat etc etc...
>>
>>324124657
Thanks

we killed them
>>
>>324124545
Working with my guild to to get a perfect on every mission on hard mode was some of the most fun I ever had.
>>
File: buying a new MMO.gif (789KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
buying a new MMO.gif
789KB, 144x192px
>>324114675
>>
>>324124679
I thought there's supposed to be only 20 levels
>>
>>324125187
Hard mode in general was just amazing. A free update that upgraded every single area and enemy in the game to endgame-level, bringing in hundreds of hours of new and challenging content
>>
File: 2015-03-02_00017.jpg (461KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-02_00017.jpg
461KB, 1920x1080px
>>324124581
>objective captured - umberglade woods
When is this shit going away?
Lame. Wake me up when the "big" update WvW is here.

Remember these guys?
Me neither.
>>
>>324121051
f2p has restrictions
since you bought it, you have no restrictions on your account. You just don't own the expansion
>>
>>324124210
It's like usual point/click MMO combat but with

>Collision
This makes body blocking a valid tactic.

>No true aggro system
You can't really "tank" in PvE You need to rely on snares, stuns, body-blocking or using expendable meat shields.

>tcg-like skill system
You have access to all skills you acquire for your 2 classes but you can only have 8 skill slots in battle. This allows you to experiment with your builds and is a major part of the fun. You can diversify for solo activities, specialize for group-play or synergize with other players. Even ridiculous builds like a specialized Rez-monk is effective (just goes around rezzing everyone quickly once they die)

Of course this skill system easily leads to flavor-of-the-month builds in the PvP arena, but back when they gave a fuck, Arenanet would implement balance tweaks every other week. Competitive players would scramble to discover the next FotM build.
>>
>>324120585
>Have they ever played gw2? Or did they just write that based on some screenshots they saw once.

Welcome to /v/ and especially MMORPG criticism everywhere.
>>
>>324120585
I have 1000 hours clocked in GW2. Most in that post is true, and GW2 is one of the biggest disappointments ever. I only stuck so long with it because I thought it will get better. It didn't.
>>
File: gw092.jpg (555KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gw092.jpg
555KB, 1600x900px
It's bretty fun, especially for the price. Very casual-friendly. I especially like playing it because some people fly into a frothing rage when it gets mentioned.
>>
>Muh GW skill system

Do you petulant babies even understand what a balancing nightmare that system was? The moment Anet managed to balance one FOTM build, two more would pop up.

GvG basically boiled down to who was more in tune with the meta, meaning that the team with less of the epic theorycrafted builds of the month would lose.
>>
>>324125984
Go away Izzy, you suck, and you aren't doing a much better job in GW2. Not once in AB did I ever feel in disadvantage for having made my own build, rather than getting one from PvX.
>>
>>324125984
But that was the fun of it, wasn't it? Seeing who does the quickest theorycrafting, executing the perfect play, dominate the arena for that 1~2 weeks until it's nerfed.
>>
>>324125358

The only non-sjw thing in the game, had underwater breast physics and everything.
>>
>>324122530

You can still play casual pvp you fucking idiot. You don't have to que ranked.
>>
>>324125984
>FOTM builds
Nigga there was one build, full on zerker. They just added a billion hp and defense to enemies on higher fractals so it became condi build. The most optimal build is always the one that does the most damage.
>>
>>324124679
>7 skills
nigga,

you have 10 slots, first 5 are from your equipped weapon, 6th is a swappable heal, 7-9 are swappable utility skills, 10 is a swappable elite skill
>>
>>324126168
So it's not 7 skills, it's 3 skills, and the rest are mostly pre-determined shit.
>>
>>324125984
flavor of the month, not fractals of the mists
>>
>>324125984
well they suck at balancing still, even with a fraction of the skills.
>>
>>324126162
He's talking about the original GW, where things like thumpers, touch rangers and obsidian spikers existed.
>>
>>324126293
meant to reply to >>324126162
>>
>>324125358
Future expansions ought to add races, maybe in a few years when they add the ocean dragon we can play them.
>>
>>324126096
Would it not be more fun if several builds were viable at the same time, instead of having a sort of monthly rotation?

I'm not arguing that GW2 is well balanced (far from it, actually) but it is demonstrably easier to balance something that has less than 50 skills than something that has 100+ skills, from two different classes that synergize with eachother in unpredictable ways.
>>
>>324126478
Game won't live long enough to get one more expansion.
>>
y'all niggers keep going on about how amazing GW1 was, so I tried it out. Made the mistake of playing ranger. The game just feels slow and clunky, and the maps are just enormous expanses of nothing that take ages to travel across. You don't get decent skills until nearly the end of the game, and everything feels tedious.
>>
>>324126140
Might have changed that already. Are the female idle animations back yet?

>>324126478
We can hope. Plenty of left on the map to explore too as soon as they get out of the salad fetish.

I don't want to change the filename as it has the date but
>average WvW group balance
>>
Considering the whole MMO genre being shit, it's one of the few non-ded mmos that isn't a wow clone. But it has no interesting main story and tere's still lots of room for improvement it's far from being polished. The lore is alright, but GW1 is better in both regards.
>>
File: 2015-04-02_00001.jpg (617KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-02_00001.jpg
617KB, 1920x1080px
>>324126730
>didn't add the screenshot
Uh. You saw nothing.
>>
File: slide-115-378x252.jpg (16KB, 378x252px) Image search: [Google]
slide-115-378x252.jpg
16KB, 378x252px
>>324126574
GW2 is the biggest MMO besides WoW.
>>
>>324126808
Replace those with hammer revenants and you have the new version.
>>
>>324126321
>>324126354
Yeah, I realized after I posted it. My bad.
>>
File: aaaaa.jpg (44KB, 960x671px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
44KB, 960x671px
>>324114675
its fucking shit and its not even guild wars

there literally arent even guild wars in it anymore
>>
>>324125984
The unbalanced games are always the most fun. When you try and "balance" everything you suck all the life out of it.

see: MW2
>>
>>324126168
Okay, I didn't remember becuase it has been years since I played gw2. Also, the 10 skills didn't make it any less boring
>>
It didn't focus on mindless damage rotations and hour long boss fights so it failed.
>>
>>324126905
The last expansion was a fucking joke. They obviously don't have the resources to make something with actual expansive content.
>>
>>324127597
What's worse is that they tried to stretch it out by gating content and people eat it that shit up.
>>
>>324127139
Are you saying that MW2 was fun when the abomination that was akimbo 1887 was untouched?
>>
>>324127797
yes because there was tons of other OP shit like the undercarriage shotguns and one man army noobtube spam
>>
>>324127853
That's pretty poor justification. Just because there's more overpowered shit than just the thing you use doesn't make it any less overpowered and frustrating to deal with, unless you also use said thing, and if you do that then variety jumps out the window.
>>
File: 2015-04-02_00006.jpg (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-02_00006.jpg
704KB, 1920x1080px
>>324126926
Apparently it was a 2 second cooldown on an AoE skill that can do 10k+ damage?
It's like they "accidentally" let it be overpowered to sell more expac copies and nerf it later.

Not to mention you can't even play the map on the screen anymore.
>>
>>324128027
I used the ump though and had no problems maintaing a good k/d.
>>
File: 1450088353922.png (106KB, 360x315px) Image search: [Google]
1450088353922.png
106KB, 360x315px
i hear Ridley and Smash Bros was referenced in this game
>>
>>324128395
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smash_Brawler

Check out the icon
>>
I think it's pretty comfy.
>>
File: 2015-04-04_00002.jpg (642KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-04_00002.jpg
642KB, 1920x1080px
>>324128140
It has*
Sorry, bit groggy.
>>
File: 2015-04-04_00004.jpg (672KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-04_00004.jpg
672KB, 1920x1080px
>>324128498
It can be. What other mmo has jumping puzzles in it?
Shame amount the rest and the gemshop focus though.
>>
>>324125984
Oh no, they had to do their jobs, the fucking horrors, rather just simplify the fuck out of the system
>>
File: noregrets.png (36KB, 500x63px) Image search: [Google]
noregrets.png
36KB, 500x63px
>>324114675
It's fun.
>>
>>324130691
Ideally, the job of a developer should not consist solely of ironing out balance issues, but creating more content for the players to experience.
>>
>>324132315
Good thing Guild Wars 1 got absolutely massive free content updates and expansions, then?
Blancing was done by one single person. Even if they'd have to hire five people to do the job, that's still nothing in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>324120736
5 Months is long before?
>*clue! Pic post
>>
File: 1400371790073.jpg (137KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
1400371790073.jpg
137KB, 776x602px
>>324121167
>Dungeons
They're all fucking shit, made even worse with the massive nerf to the path gold reward

>World Exploration
A bunch of pretty-looking places and the occasional jumping puzzle.

>Fractals
Shitty gear treadmill that gets tedious as fuck by the time you hit levels with agony.

>World Bosses
Every one being a glorified DPS race unless it's the worm trio, which nobody ever fucking does anyways.

>Personal Story
Featuring the shittiest writing and most offensive final boss in the history of the MMO genre.

>Crafting
A gigantic goldsink and timesink which you'll never make any significant returns on because Anet hates fun ways to make gold.

>Legendaries
Have fun waiting a decade for one to drop, faggot.
>>
File: dinnerisserved.jpg (148KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dinnerisserved.jpg
148KB, 720x960px
I tried to like it. I really, really fucking tried. The combination of everyone functioning as a collective unit instead of distinct roles, and the SJW story...

Everyone's rolling around slamming 1 and thinking they are badass. Honestly ruined MMOs for me.
>>
>>324114675
Artistically impressive, mechanically superior to many others with some interesting ideas.
However, due to the pandering to casual players and fear of releasing a properly hard mmo, it just can't keep you entertained for long unless you enjoy grinding.
As a PvE player you have nothing to do, as a PvP player you're going to be bitching a lot about the game being broken and not good.
As someone who just wants to acquire as many skins as possible, you will enjoy it.
>>
>>324137194
>We want the Tumblr audience
>>
>>324114675
It has literally nothing that made its predecessor good. The lead developer of GW2 never played GW1.

It's not worth the money. They've fallen short of everything they promised.
>>
Guild Wars Legacy Kickstarter when?
>>
>>324134892
>waiting for precursors to drop
>>
>>324114675
Meme game.
>>
Worst of all is that they completely raped the lore.
GW1 had some fucking fascinating lore, and the theme of especially Nightfall(North Africa meets ancient Greece) was done so fucking right. They COMPLETELY ignored all of that in GW2, and we will probably never see anything of that ever again
>>
>>324120949

>the part everyone plays mmos for

except gw2 wants to be a special snowflake for autists so "the game" is leveling from 1 to 80 after which there's literally nothing to do
>>
>>324122032

are you legitimately stupid? he never even mentioned refunding it you mongoloid
>>
>>324132315
guild wars 1 had way more content than gw2 though
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.