[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ here. What did /v/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 27

File: DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png (3MB, 1405x2194px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png
3MB, 1405x2194px
/mu/ here. What did /v/ think of this?
>>
General consensus is that it was pretty good.
>>
i liked it, even if it a lot of content was cutted out
>>
it's shit, go play the original desu ex
>>
pretty good

looking forward to Mankind Divided
>>
It makes me sleepy, even when the action is at it's peak
>>
General opinion was that it wasn't anywhere near the original, but was still pretty good on its own. Had a shit ton of content cut, but had some good ideas as well as some spots where you could really tell they put the work in (see Jensen's apartment).

As long as Mankind Divided improves upon what was good, sheds some of the bad stuff, and doesn't remove like half the game then it could easily be an awesome game.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 856x480px
>>324074487
I liked it.

It was not as good as the original deus ex,though.
>>
>>324074487
We hated it, then we played the leak and fell in love, kinda.
>>
of course it wasnt as good as the original you fucking faggots, it's literally the best PC game of all time. it goes without saying that HR is not as good, you can stop saying it.
>>
a bit linear and out-sourcing the boss fights was a terrible idea. Letting the player change the out come of things, no matter how minor, despite giving them no instruction or hints they could do so was a nice touch however.
overall, 8/10, definitely a contender for best non-openworld, non-isometric RPG of the last decade.

a personal favorite for me was taking down those thugs in the apartment in detroit. Felt like a training op for a syndicate agent or something.
biggest gripe was probably when you arrest the corrupt cop and he won't talk to you if you've got a weapon in hand, and he's faster on the draw than you, at least for the stungun.
>>
>>324074487
Pretty good, second best in the series.
A bit too easy, and very limited towards the end.
Plays better if you disable the cover system and get the version WITHOUT the DLC weapons, too.
>>
>>324075258
>it's literally the best PC game of all time.
I don't have enough reaction images for this.
>>
>>324074487
Thought pic was an album
>>
>>324075258
>What did /v/ think of this?
>Stop saying what /v/ generally thinks of it

Alrighty then anon. Either way, if they are from /mu/ perhaps they don't know that standard.
>>
File: Deus Ex trio.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex trio.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
the game itself? pretty good

soundtrack? really fitting, some neat tracks, but still not on par with the original
>>
>>324074487
Unexpectedly good, definitely never asked for it. /v/ was circlejerking over the next shitty decade-later sequel, got BTFO instead.
>>
>>324075338
>lowest point
lowest for me was the confrontation in the medical corp with the bitch running the place
All through the chat I couldn't help but think
>I can't wait to call her out on her bullshit and shoot her in the face
and then the plot takes over and you're forced to fall for her lies.
I also wish taking the firmware upgrade had a much bigger effect/punishment because anyone retarded enough to do that deserves it
>>
I preferred over the original. After playing HR I immediately started another playthrough, which I consider to be a massive praise, whereas with the original I was even a bit relieved that it was over. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a completionist, but the original's levels were just too big.
>>
>>324074487
I love that you can save malik, but there are people out there who think you can't. It's like the Paul of DX:HR
>>
>>324075258
>best PC game of all time
I first played Deus Ex on PS2
>>
It was aight. Original was better tho.
>>
>>324076085
Oh god, how did you manage with the controller?
I heard it had some slightly better physics and some cut-scenes though, that's pretty good.
>>
File: 1334182960591.jpg (88KB, 900x632px) Image search: [Google]
1334182960591.jpg
88KB, 900x632px
>>324076009
>Paul tells me to leave him
>fuck no Paul!
>clear the entire fucking building of those M12 goons
>nearly die because of them exploding
>phew, that was close
>leave through the window
>registers as if I ran away and left Paul to die

come
on
game

>>324076085
you poor soul
>>
>>324074487
it was gud and so was the original, dont let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
>>324076009
Reminds me that on my first original DX playthrough I tried to save Paul. Stayed in the room, killed everybody that ran in. Knew more guys were waiting in the lobby so I thought I'd be smart and jump out the window to ambush them from the front door. After I burst in and cleaned the place out, I ran back to the hotel room and Paul was gone. The rest of the game treated me as abandoning Paul, so I just assumed there was no way to save him.

Only just found out recently that jumping out the window at any point flags him as dead.
>>
>>324076246
>leave through the window
every single time, fuck that trigger

Has anyone here played Deus Ex Revision?
>designed for use with the steam version
what kind of backward retarded cunt designs a mod for the steam version of deus ex?
>>
>>324076524
what's so bad with having it work with the Steam version of the game? it worked perfectly here, didn't have to mess with anything at all
>>
>>324074487
>/mu/ here
FUCK OFF

>What did /v/ think of this?
bretty good
>>
>>324076239
>Oh god, how did you manage with the controller?
From what I remember it wasn't that much different from any other shootan game. Just with more menu interaction
>>
>>324076679
The menu interface is pretty ugly. The worst part is the smaller areas.

I enjoyed the CG ending cutscenes a lot.
>>
>>324076658
>FUCK OFF
why? I think /v/'s a lot better for discussion. Only said I was from /mu/ because obviously I would sound like a newfag if I hadn't played the game by now.

Basically I got it a few years ago in a sale, liked it, but never kept playing for some reason. I've come back now and I'm just amazed by how much of it is so polished and well made.
>>
>>324076679
I just can't imagine since I constantly had to use every number key and every f number, too. I can't imagine how much d-pad scrolling it took.
>>324076654
I mean designed for the steam version first and foremost. Is it easy to install on non-steam versions, everywhere I check says it requires a bit of extra work
>>
>>324076905
>Is it easy to install on non-steam versions, everywhere I check says it requires a bit of extra work
where else can I even buy DE outside of GoG? and they probably designed it around the Steam version because it sells a lot
>>
Surprisingly good for a modern game where a million things could have gone wrong.
>>
>>324077197
>Where can you buy DX outside of GOG
I got like 3 old disk copies, most of the versions on torrent sites are probably old disk copies too; they didn't even have DRM.
Steam version can install mods the regular old fashioned way anyway
>>
File: 1449615676336.jpg (300KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1449615676336.jpg
300KB, 520x853px
I liked it. I thought the ending was pretty good, even though it's literally just press a button to get an ending, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out which end would be the best. Been meaning to play the original, though, but I keep getting sidetracked by other games.
>>
>>324076891
You better of flat out saying you never finished the damn game than avoiding the subject.

Anyway its a good game, like others said the boss fights where crap since they got outsourced and there was no way to not kill them if you where focusing on a pacifist/stealth/ approach.

I just hope they learned from The Fall and make the next one not crap.

Also fuck Malik's death being canon
>>
>>324076891
I was only joking, you little cunt.

If you played the original, I think the Director's Cut is considered a lot better. Apparently the yellow filter is gone, and also you can do a full stealth run whereas originally you had to go head-to-head with boss enemies. I've been meaning to get around to it, but I have such a big backlog that replaying essentially the same game seems not worth it.
>>
>>324077760
they said they're looking into boss fights, that's good news. The interview with the lead designer and warren spector is pretty great, it built my confidence up at least.
It's still a shame they didn't kill adam off, they pretty much nullified any effect of the ending of HR, and killed malik, fuck them so hard for killing her and not adam
>>
>>324074487
Pretty good, I hope the next one is as good.
>>
>>324078173
why would you ever doubt square enix' ability to churn out a sequel anon?
>>
>>324077898
meh, I played the piss version first and then a friend gifted me the directors cut or whatever. Some things are pretty cool and the boss fights are definitely better but it's not worth it if you played the first version
>>
>>324078462
not worth playing? or not worth pirating?
I'm interested in the improvements but if they're so minor I won't bother.
>>
>>324074487
/m/ here, it's a good game.
>>
>>324078335
because the hitman and thief reboots where shit?
because The Fall was shit?
>>
>>324078746
You better brush up on your recognition of sarcasm if you want to pass those speech checks anon
>>
>>324077668
I was thinking of the implications of Mankind Divide's attempted solidification of Jensen's decision and found some humorous results.

For example in one scenario you can offer than ex-SWAT front desk cop, Wally or Walt or whatever, a job at Sarif when he gets busted for sticking his neck out for you after that whole heartfelt reunion and amateur therapy session. Thing is if Jensen then goes on to literally kill David Sarif and a bunch of others in the suicide option he just left that guy super jobless especially since anyone in the remaining Illuminati is not going to look favorably on someone who helped Jensen get something they were trying to cover up to begin with.

Of course there was no way for Adam to know he would have to make such a choice, but it still comes off as a bit dickish. He pretty much bait and switched the guy offering him a stable future and possible opportunity to move beyond past failures, only to later snatch away that chance from him. For the greater good sure, but still Jensen only even got his redemption arc and upgrade to main character because Megan and David gave him the shot, he gave Wally no such thing.
>>
>>324078836
>trashtalk that bitch cop at the window
>sneak in through the vents
>walk out the front door anyway
>talk to him
>laugh when he tells me to fuck off

sad cunts am I right?
>>
>/mu/ here
Jesus christ.
>>
>>324078605
if you really liked the game it's worthy a pirate.
>>
>>324079080
Whine more, bitch.
>>
>>324078902
keep in mind that the illuminati leader is the antag in DX2, so if that's still canon then Jensen's actions on that island are just free-floating non-canon.
>>
>>324078978
Every time, all that mad
I wish there was an option to take a shit in his locker too.
>>324078902
>tfw Adam is in the sequel instead of killing him off and making wally have a horrible accident that leads to him becoming robocop2.0
>>
>>324078978
I hope he's in the sequel, jobless again because sarif went bankrupt, crying more bitch tears at your door.
Hopefully we can accidentally hook him up with a job at the illuminati and then blow his new boss up at the end.
>>
>>324079181
It might actually be for the best if they labelled the game a what-if scenario or semi-sequel based on a limited continuation of certain events sort of like an expansion of a playthrough instead of any amount of canon.

In fact it would be best if they did that for everything but the original just so they could avoid having to justify anything or more importantly pissing me and a lot of people off by dismissing my choices and efforts. I think we all know by now exactly what I'm talking about.
>>
>>324079181
They've already said that his actions might as well be non-canon
The official line is that there was so much chaos with all the mechs flipping out, and all the false information hitting the info networks that the shit adam sends is a mere drop in the ocean.
The ending where you kill everyone is obviously non-canon since adam is the protag again
>>
>>324074487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2XnR0cKfnY

>>324074767
>tfw no Upper Hengsha
>>
>>324080308
The hottest beat to rock through the front door of a club to. Especially when you've smoked everyone inside
>>
File: UpperHengsha.png (2MB, 1407x925px) Image search: [Google]
UpperHengsha.png
2MB, 1407x925px
>>324080308
it still hurts
>>
>>324080981
God damn that looks pretty. I hope they reused any assets from it, and put it in the sequel
>>
File: 2016-01-15_00001.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15_00001.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
guys do I do stealth enhancer or the conversation one on the far left? leaning towards conversation
>>
>>324074487
I liked it once I got over it being a pc port
>>
>>324081361

max out hacking before anything else, trust me
>>
>>324081361
all in Aqualung
>>
>>324081535
ugh really? I mean if you really think that'll improve the experience I'll do it. just didn't feel like it would be too hard
>>
>>324081361
The stealth enhancer isn't necessary unless you're really shit at stealth desu.
>>
>>324080661
i thought the beat was sick when i heard it muffled outside the club. i nearly shit myself the first time i stepped inside.
>>
File: jensen.jpg (275KB, 640x810px) Image search: [Google]
jensen.jpg
275KB, 640x810px
Still waiting
>>
>>324081718
that's what I was thinking, that it's pretty unnecessary if you aren't shit.
so I guess hacking it is then? weird. I thought conversation would be more useful.
>>
>>324081704

conversation and stealth enhancer aren't required at all. it makes things easier, but you can live without

battery, increased carry capacity, being able to bust down walls, hacking and silent running are usually what i go for first. they are the most useful and hacking/busting down walls gives you access to areas that you can't otherwise get to
>>
>>324081361
Funny thing is both sort of don't matter, if you've played the game enough or are just privy you know what to say without being told and really if the game had to gimp you into only knowing what to say when auged it would be pretty retarded so kudos for not going the long way with that just to give the augs pseudo-value to Eidos Montreal similarly with stealth if you know the patterns or generally just keep low and walk slow as well as have the right weapon or amount of energy to silent take down you only need so much assistance with Stealth to begin with and at other points it's useless not because it doesn't need to be used but pretty much can't be used efficiently.

tl;dr do as that anon suggests and cover hacking. You can get more exp and other crap that way. Hacking can also get pretty bullshit, I'm not sure if hard is the right word. It's more like the game just decides suddenly between you having 30 seconds to 3 seconds before shit hits the fan and crunching through Time Stop and Auto-Hack items feels like a waste, even though later on you wonder why you didn't use them more but when you're that good you don't really need to. It's really a puzzling game, I'm not sure if I can say they didn't balance it at all or balanced it such that you'd feel OP to experience what true military grade aug life is like.
>>
aight I'll go for hacking.

thanks /v/ I never would have thought that would be most useful
>>
>>324081908

you can still get all the same results from conversation without the enhancer. all it really does is kinda give you hints (and at max level, basically tell you) at what to say to get favourable results, but you can usually figure that out on your own
>>
>>324081361
get icarus landing and spring jump in that order
>>
Is there any way to fix the PC version? Interested in replaying this but know the Steam version is fucked.
>>
>>324082365
it's not fucked up. what do you mean?
>>
>>324082365
what? it's hands down one of the best running games I've played in a while.
>>
>>324079169
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>324082456
>>324082784
The directors cut actually uses an older version of the base game which had more bugs in it.
>>
>>324080981
That long ass elevator ride that made me think
>Man I can't wait to fuck all kinds of things up in this pristine place
And then
>You're not going anywhere
>>
File: Hax.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Hax.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>324082050
>You can get more exp and other crap that way.
It's funny how it's in your best interests to hack absolutely everything possible even if you have the code/password, because otherwise you would miss out on the hacking rewards.
>>
Not better than the original, but it was still good.
>>
File: [hijacking intensifies].gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
[hijacking intensifies].gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>324074487
If you don't hack, you're a worthless peice of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb8G8qA9ibI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcmaNJfRQf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJq3OiP6Sow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO5IaAKTKsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU
>>
>>324075669
whos the guy on the left in that image? jock?
>>
>>324083424
>Not better than the original
Will anything surpass the original?
>>
File: cyberpunk 2077.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk 2077.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>324084805
Maybe.
>>
>>324074487
its one of my favorite games
>>
>>324074487
good but 2ez
>>
File: gmdx.png (746KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gmdx.png
746KB, 1920x1200px
>yellowland
>that hacking minigame
>bossfights

It was good, but the original and Invisible War are better.

Pic related is shameless shilling of the mod that literally makes DX perfect. Seriously, play it.
>>
>>324074487
It's alright.

The worldbuilding is extremely weak. Anti-transhumanists don't have fully developed positions and philosophies in the game and it makes the conflict feel totally artificial.

Waist-high cover, regenerating health, takedown animations. Less gadgets, no reason to use more than 2 weapons due to weapon upgrade system being too strong and level design issues.
>>
>>324074487
Boring af desu. I dropped it when I got to the china part. Boring dialogue, boring characters and bad graphics style.
>>
>>324075338
Pretty sure you could insta-punch that dude in the face, or maybe I'm forgetting something.

>>324075762
That right there was some bullshit though.
>>
>>324085392
>that hacking minigame
I thought it was pretty decent desu.
>>
>>324076009
You played Missing Link? It has another part kinda like that.
>>
>>324085740
I just hated doing it over and over.
>>
>>324074487
The directors cut seems to have an audio lag for the assault rifle. Anyone have a fix.
>>
>>324085113
Implying anything anyone anything anyone anything
>>
>>324075669
I really hated how the soundtrack was more ambient as opposed to the memorable, catchy but still atmospheric music of the original. That's probably just personal taste though. Ambient music bores me in general.
>>
>>324078462
>>324078605

I pirated the original and bought the Director's cut. Kinda makes me sad because I played through the original 3 or 4 times and played through Missing Link like twice but haven't finished the Director's Cut even once.
>>
File: begin.gif (698KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
begin.gif
698KB, 500x281px
>>324074487
My favorite previous gen game (maybe tying with ME1). Worst part of it is listening to the developer's commentary where they talk about all the sorts of ways they were going to make it even better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHo758u1hY
>>
>>324085574
>>324085574

> Anti-transhumanists don't have fully developed positions and philosophies in the game

Sounds realistic.
>>
File: 1451446187871.png (552KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1451446187871.png
552KB, 600x848px
What did people think of DX the fall? Controls sucked so bad I almost quit more than once, it was short as all hell, but I thought the cyberpunk Panama City was golden.
>>
>>324085574
>and it makes the conflict feel totally artificial.
That's really the sad thing, most of the anti-aug individuals are portrayed as extremist, of course the pro-augs have their own but they're not the majority. Most aug individuals are fairly normal which is reasonable but when we contrast the groups it makes it seem intentional and therefore contrived.

The worst part is there does exist ration anti-aug individuals such as those who are aware or suspicious of the pusher-addict angle Neoprozyne presents like the Sarif employee smuggling the stuff and the doctor whose brother lost his shit from the withdrawal and rightfully worry what a dependent society could be reduced to if the regulation for augmentations isn't managed wisely. Though those individuals are few and far between and don't get much opportunity to talk and give their points significance.
>>
>>324086665
The thing is, there are good reasons in the game to be worried about augmentation, but the anti-transhumanists just end up using appeals to emotion most of the time.
>>
One of the better games to come out in the last ~5 years t b h
>>
File: 1440716373079.jpg (16KB, 358x299px) Image search: [Google]
1440716373079.jpg
16KB, 358x299px
>>324087009
>and the doctor whose brother lost his shit from the withdrawal

His brother was the Mexican with the eyepatch, who you can become friends with but then he attacks you later anyway, mang.
>>
>>324087264
I connected that, but was avoiding spoilers. Like that last part which I'm still baffled why they pushed it in there. You don't even get a meaningful conclusion from killing or disabling him. He just gets taken out and is more or less irrelevant after that.

One of the first things I did on a replay was go invisible and just stand there behind him wondering what the hell he's even trying to achieve before realizing the reflection of our behavior, choking him out and just carrying on. It was almost zen.
>>
>>324087148
Neuropyzyne and the Illuminati are the only reasons and Sarif, the best augmentation maker in the world, was trying to get rid of neuropyzyne dependence and was operating in defiance of the Illuminati.

>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW who didn't pick the Sarif ending
>>
>>324087515
He was turning a tad Machiavellian.
>Adam they've already lost, so let's just pile all other losses on them and bury the whole issue
That's the thinking of one who is luminous.
>>
The pro-aug and anti-aug thing seemed a bit shallow to me. The whole "companies will control you" seemed forced as fuck.

Are you telling me that in such advanced society, people can't improvise augs, or that no competition could arise to counter the evil big company? I don't know, reality is way more complex than that.

The first game had that dialogue with the AI, talking about security, control of information, how people enjoy being spied on, it just went on much deeper stuff, while Human Revolution came across as cartoonish at times.
>>
Who /ENB/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sakG1-lU2Vk

(AMDfriends need not apply)
>>
>pretty bland combat
>weak story copout with just "fuck it the illumanti are behind everything."
>absolute garbage character development, "omg i love you protagonist, oh wait, nvm, thehehe." "omg i cant buelive you do this to me love of my life....oh well ill be on my way"

that said it was still somehow entertaining. good soundtrack. Hopefully the next one can do better but even its just same thing with better graphics, I'll still get some enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>324087706
I don't remember where that line comes from but Sarif was actively trying to remove the dangerous elements from augmentations while making the technology more affordable for the common man. To dismiss that because he says something that makes you think he seems machiavellian is basically the same kind of emotional appeals that the anti-aug characters tried.
>>
>>324087710

>no competition could arise to counter the evil big company?

That's what Sarif was, which is why the Illuminati went to such lengths to sabotage him.
>>
>>324086907
Tried to play it on PC, but the utter shit controls made it unplayable for me.
Then i thought "wait this was designed as a phone game, maybe i should try it on my phone"
And IT WAS A WORST EXPERIENCE THAN ON PC
So i might pirate it to play it again
>>
>>324087710
>people can't improvise augs, or that no competition could arise to counter the evil big company?

The game addresses all these points. Go play it again and pay attention to the dialog, TYM is using corporate espionage, sabotage, extortion, assassination, cyberwarfare and their vast fortunes to buy every competitor. Also pay attention to the augs used by Tong's henchmen patrolling the sewers and streets, they're crude, old, and hacked together, as if improvised in some manner.
>>
>/mu/

You and /pol/ are opposites of one coin.
>>
File: Sarif-bustshot.png (389KB, 804x863px) Image search: [Google]
Sarif-bustshot.png
389KB, 804x863px
ADAAAAM
>>
File: DX3_david_Sarif_office.jpg (152KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
DX3_david_Sarif_office.jpg
152KB, 1440x810px
>>324089458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4
>>
>>324080308
Listened to this a thousand times, a favorite to get high to
>>
>>324089458
You need something boss?
>>
>>324078707
/a/ here, you guys suck
>>
>>324081424
It's perfect though, tech wise
>>
>>324084013
Yes
>>
>>324087710
The whole thing is shallow because Eidos Montreal just wants to play it safe and make something non offensive.

The absence of religions is pretty glaring to me. Like in real life 90% of people making an 'it's unnatural!' argument is religious based. In HR they just keep the same argument but without much really backing it so it just feels stilted.
>>
File: deusex_arg-640x360.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
deusex_arg-640x360.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>324080308
>>324080981
After the game release in some interview that lala gay homo fruit man JJB even teased gamers with how awesome Upper Hengsha was going to be, but how unfortunately they had to cut it.
>>
>>324086907
It was alright, still had the universe feel to it. Some environments were nice, even if extremely low poly.
>>
>>324076524
Revision is crap, it basically consolises game in order to look prettier and performance is crap, get GMDX v8
>>
>>324074487
It was pretty good man.
>>
>>324076524
Steam is the default for pc gaming, get with the time gramps.
>>
File: 1396672496903.jpg (43KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1396672496903.jpg
43KB, 247x248px
I've put about 150 hours into the game between the original release and the DLC. Then the Director's Cut release. Also got 59/59 achievements for the DC.
>>
>>324074487
>Final Boss music is a fast-paced remix of the main theme.

The final boss wasn't anything special, but that always gets my dick hard.
>>
Good looking forward to new one, liked the cinematic.
>>
whoever came up with the idea of the last level is a fucking idiot
>>
File: 1439911980690.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1439911980690.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>324090849
They do though. A Mormon is the main opponent of augs and he brings up his religious upbringing as a big reason why he's against it. The human body is often desribed as blessed by God. They just make these references in more of a political way(with the anti-augs trying to make an emotional connection using religion, and not be literal Christian terrorists), which in my opinion was the best way to do it.

I'm a little worried that this next game is going to be a little heavy handed. The writer mentioned something about how she wanted to "show players" how things really work, and she said she drew inspiration from the BLM movement.

>>324091250
>low-poly
>bad
Get out.
>>
>>324088829
The overall population hysteria with augs just looked unnatural. We already have prosthetic stuff today that is quite good, ever heard of athletes who complain that people with those feet prosthetic that is like a bent metal strip, that they have an advantage over people without it?

I just see the whole debacle the game caused as forced because I doubt the overall population would worry that much about body mechanical enhancements. I also can't see how nobody else would produce a counterfeit drug that augs had to use, and reverse engineered augs, and so on that would act as a counterpoint to "using augs means evil corporations own you".

The game just portrayed the situation in a very black and white manner.
>>
>>324095592
Fall is bad low poly retard, it's not a part of HR Deus Ex aesthetics and it hurts the game.
>>
File: Ayanami Rei.jpg (174KB, 908x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Ayanami Rei.jpg
174KB, 908x1448px
>>324096774
Ehh I'm not really interested in the hipster "good low-poly" BS. I really just don't care.

Does anyone really complain about SS2's graphics, or SMAC, or Mario bros.? All that matters to me is the game.
>>
>>324097292
>Ehh I'm not really interested in the hipster "good low-poly" BS
You posted one, It all comes down to whether or not it looks good, yours look good. The Fall on the other hand looks terrible.
>>
I remember thinking that it was visually impressive.

Looks like shit now.

God tier music.

Can't wait for the new one this year.
>>
Pretty fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6eeeq_2TE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU
>>
>>324074487
It's everything a sequel/prequel should be. Continues exploring the themes of the original while holding it's own identity.
>>
Its going to be free on the xbox 360 on the 17th is anybody cares.
>>
>>324097292
Holy shit it's the girl version of me!
>>
>>324096342
Just as that poster said, you didn't pay attention. Mechanical limbs that give you a slight edge in physical tasks? Cool, but not gamechanging.

Now, CASIE aug which allows you to dominate normies in conversation? Augs that improve reaction time and memory? Remember, this is a world in which Malik has augs to make her a better pilot and Pritchard has augs too. It's a lot more than just slightly faster legs or something.
>>
>>324103256
> aug which allows you to dominate normies in conversation? Augs that improve reaction time and memory?
and why is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Again the whole angle it portrays is that this kind of stuff can be exploited by corporations that want to fuck you over, completely ignoring the point that there is such a thing as competition, people who reverse engineer stuff and whatnot.
>>
A truly outstanding game, and exactly what should be done in the upcoming gen. IF it progresses further.

It's honestly a masterpiece. A great mix of practicality and fun.
>>
>>324101923

Everybody else got it for free for a while.

Nobody cares.
>>
>>324104117
"Corporations will control everything" is not presented as the only downside to augs in the game. That part is mainly there because it's a game featuring Illuminati.

Also another anon already pointed out to you that bootleg augs exist in the game world.
>>
>>324104991

Oh, and don't let the tutorial throw you off. It's not standard deus ex. They're insanely stupid just to let you get used to the gameplay.
>>
File: 2015-11-30_00003.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_00003.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
The music is great. Apparently there's supposed to be a more comprehensive OST released this year.

Anyway, I found that the choices don't matter all that much. You might get some extra ammo or unlock yet another useless steam achievement, but the only choices that really matter are at the.

Anyway, think we'll finally meet Beth DuClare in mankind divided?
>>
>>324106843
Apparently she works at the WHO. Maybe if there's an epidemic or something.
>>
Can't find a pc physical version for it for a good price. I fucking hate digital
>>
File: 1314874360183.png (426KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1314874360183.png
426KB, 600x800px
>>324107275
Every PC version uses Steamworks anyway.

Maybe it's time to stop being a baby about "digital".
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00001.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00001.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>324108261
looks like she likes old movies, very old movies
>>
If you're looking for scores hit up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM
it's from a dedgame that had pretty decent ideas but was ultimately just a HL2 mod.
>>
>>324107635
Fuck Valve
>>
>>324108370
>dirty harry
>old
It would be 56 years old by game time. The equivalent would be Hitchcock and McQueen. The Great Escape has endured, so I'm not sure why Dirty Harry wouldn't.
>>
>>324108756
may as well just get a console then anon, the future has been commercialized.
>>
>/mu/ here
how is this fucking relevant
you are not a board and you don't represent your favourite board
>>
>>324109040
/mu/ is one giant shitpost
/v/ is one giant shitpost
they're one and the same.
>>
>>324108967
56 years is considered old by everyone except grandparents.
>>
>>324106843

It didn't matter much to my anyways.

I know how not to have that cop meeting me later like a sad person but I just like knocking him out in the lobby.
>>
>>324092149
I didn't mind it
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.