[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this today, what class is good if I'm mostly playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: index.jpg (15KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15KB, 189x267px
Bought this today, what class is good if I'm mostly playing solo because I doubt there's anyone online anymore.
>>
>>323996905
All classes are good solo. Just pick a build online and go for it unless you want to trial and error your way into a workable build.
>>
Anything but Barbarian who is too item dependent.
>>
Summoner necro is a pretty good one to start with. Doesn't need much in the way of gear.
>>
>>323997120
>tfw using whirlwind in d2 after using it modern ARPGs
Feels like garbage. Barb is ruined for me
>>
Did you get the expansion? There's still people playing that online. Not sure how many just play vanilla tho
>>
>>323996905
Any class. The game was designed for solo play. Multiplayer is a tacked-on feature.
>>
>>323996905
Paladin if you eventually want to become completely unbeatable.

Everything else if you want to handicap your stride.
>>
>>323996905

Sorc for mf to gear out your paladin.
>>
>>323997618
don't listen to this asshole. Paladin is the most boring class to start/solo. Literally any other class is better.
>>
File: 4.gif (912KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
912KB, 500x211px
Sorc is probably best starting class. Teleport makes farming easier to do.

People are still playing LoD online by the way.
>>
>>323997925
>one of the character's most iconic spells
>a runeword armor gives unlimited uses to any character
D2 endgame was kinda shit. Admittedly I never really got that far, despite playing it for years. I did it mostly offline as well.
>>
>>323996905
I started playing again about 2 weeks ago. Been playing online LoD nonstop. I'd recommend you go Sorc or Necro first, especially if you're soloing
>>
necromancer is the most fun, blowing up corpses, cursing bastards left and right and shooting bone spears
>>
>>323998180
>or Necro
I just hop you guys didn't buy into the summoner meme.
Bosses and superuniques not melt, they fucking evaporize summons. I think they have some sort of additional damage multiplier vs them.
>>
>>323998126
In all the years I've played I've never gotten any of the higher level runewords.
>>
Zealer pally or necro summoner.
Literally the epitome of class in any game at any point in time and space
>>
Missing my javazon now... Thanks OP
>>
>>323998313
Shouldn't happen if you get enough +skills to your skelies and use decrepify
>>
Assassin is most fun in my opinion. Wide variety of usable skills, moves fast with Burst of Speed, Shadow Master companion, etc. Takes a while to find some decent weapons though
>>
>>323998508
Doesn't decrepify only affect physical damage? Diablo's and Baal's fire novas can kill maxed out minions in onehit. Also, there are no adds in the arenas to resurrect more, if your old ones die.
>>
>>323998313
Well to be fair, Summoners needed that nerf.
Now with the reset feature, I usually start as a summoner then switch to Poison/Bone when the appropriate level since they start dying a lot easier when you hit act 4 unless you have enough +skill gear.
>>
>>323998508
This.
Not to mention corpse explosion is fire and physical damage. The only problems he'll have is El Fighting Chicken himself.
>>
>>323996905
the servers are still populated actually. there are also private servers/realms you can join that arent run by blizz
>>
>>323998378
i only got em all from some random who quit and gave me all his shit.

no shame ill take em everyday
>>
>>323998502
mah nigga.

Javazons best.
>>
>>323998776
CE is so good because it does damage based on the monster's HP, and those vastly surpass any straight up damaging skill numbers.
>>
amazon and assasin were really cool
>>
>>323998925
Nigga, using CE in the cow level was like sex. Whole fucking crowds would fall.
>>
>>323999082
Necromancers are truly the best class.
>>
>>323999285
There's just a small problem of actually killing something to make corpses to blow up in the first place.
>>
>2016
>not playing PlugY
>>
I always liked pally's freezing aura most.
>>
File: Diablo Warrior.jpg (40KB, 374x558px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo Warrior.jpg
40KB, 374x558px
Easiest?

Hammer paladin, trap assassin or hurricane druid (google is your friend).

Most fun?

Melee necro, poison bow assassin, bow paladin.
>>
>>323999415
That's what your fucking brigade of skellies come in. For that first skelliton you use your mercenary, or pray to white Jesus there's a corpse laying around the first waypoint in act one.
>>
>>323999465
Going shock/frost zealot is fun.

Once I'd like to try getting two pieces of the runeword Thunder(I think that was the name).
It gives you level 15 Holy Shock when equipped, and they stack, so you'll have a level 30 Holy Shock aura active.
Affected by synergies.

So you could as a paladin be a Frost Zealot, get synergies for both holy shock and holy frost and run both.
Or run conviction by yourself and get holy shock frmo the items.

Or be an an enchantress and get lightning mastery to buff the Holy Shock Aura.
>>
Which merc is best?
>>
>>324000076
Act II mercs, no contest.
>>
>>323997220
that's funny, I feel the opposite - no game has ever made me feel as strong when spinning like a retard like d2. Just being able to keep going back and forth, nearly 1 shotting anything including players, wielding a shield, felt awesome. D3 doesn't even come close since everything feels like plastic
>>
>>323999518
>melee necro
>not melee sorc
He doesn't even have any melee skills. Actually no, wait, there's poison dagger.
>>
>>324000238
WW wasn't strong because of the damage it did. I think attack leap was Barb's single most damaging ability, correct me if I'm wrong. WW was just really fucking good with life steal build (i.e. the only build).
>>
>>323998126
well yeah, except it was absolutely needed, all the other classes were dogshit compared to a cold orb/TS sorc except the bowzon because she could run extremely fast while dishing out AoE death or abusive single target DPS due to piercing guided arrows

pre 1.9 was really shit balance wise. although it sounds really stupid to give everyone teleport, it made every single class viable and so many builds. The one thing I didn't really like about enigma was how it gave a ridiculous amount of strength, they should've just removed the stat and call it a day then.
>>
>tfw the only thing I like to play is Bowazon
Too bad they suck at most bosses
>>
>>324000526
As the anon above you mentioned, bowazon has the best single target dps.
>>
>>323999518
The fuck is a bow paladin
>>
>>324000597
that doesn't change the fact that Duriel is a fucking nightmare for a bowazon
>>
welp redownloaded LoD
Evens - Zealadin
Odds - Smiter
>>
>>324001105
Who is Duriel NOT a nightmare for?
>>
File: 1435989487443.gif (2MB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
1435989487443.gif
2MB, 300x227px
>>324001105
>>324001184
>they don't use thawing potions
>>
>>324001268
Did you even play the game? Duriel's aura is unique and ignores your immunity to being frozen.
>>
I just got into this genre with Path of Exile.

Is that my best bet for this kind of game now?

Or is Diablo 3 better at this point?
>>
How's that Van Helsing game as far as Diablo clones go?
>>
>>324001268
>Play a summon Necro
>Port into Duriel's Room
>Loading...
>Loading..
>Loading.
>Load in
>Already dead and all my skeletons are dead too

Thanks Duriel

My loading speed is probably without joking about 100x faster, but my computer used to be hilariously shit, and it caused problems when trying to solo stuff.
>>
We actually had a /v/ meet up last night around this time. If you aren't faking as the op you faggots.

Blew thru Act1 and got thru Act 2 on Europe. I was in US West and the lag wasn't too bad.

I'll play with you anon.
>>
>>323996905
Druid is pretty easy to play and get decent results, don't expect to be godlike but he can clear the game easily, found it more enjoyable then nec since forming a summon squad is much easier with them.
>>
File: Hit me..jpg (14KB, 143x108px) Image search: [Google]
Hit me..jpg
14KB, 143x108px
>>324001401
Diablo 2 is still the pinnacle of these games. If you need a community then PoE I guess if they've fixed lag syncs.
>>
>>324001496
if i download d2 would i be able to play with you guys?

never played it
>>
>>324001401
Path of exile is the most fleshed out game in the genre. Diablo 3 is fun if you just want to mindlessly grind without caring about character building.
>>
>>324001578
You need a CD key which you should be able to buy off bnet or some eurosite.
>>
File: Msle-kaa.jpg (49KB, 464x379px) Image search: [Google]
Msle-kaa.jpg
49KB, 464x379px
>>324001569
>>
>>324001698
I miss triple immunes
>>
>>324001496
Also forgot to mention we were HARDCOARE

>>324001698
Fuck anything with a lightning enchant.
Magic immunity didn't matter since I usually built Summon Necros or Zealots :^)
>>
>>324001496
OP here, I'll play by myself for awhile to get used to the game and hopefully I get a chance to play online with some anons later on.
>>
Path of Exile > D2 > Grim Dawn > D3 = Torchlight 2 > Titan Quest > Torchlight 1
>>
File: Oblivion_Knight2.gif (17KB, 79x79px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion_Knight2.gif
17KB, 79x79px
>>324001812
>Zealots
>>
>>324002080
Been enjoying Torchlight 2 with my friend. Sadly fucked my build up because I didn't really look into anything.
>>
>>324000526
I don't know what it is but I always play either Hurricane Druid or Fury Druid during my annual playthroughs. Both are pretty much universally considered shit but it's always what I pick. I have to force myself to play as something else or play multiple characters.
>>
>>324001496
>b.net
Just use PlugY you faggots. I only ever patch .13d during the two days after ladder resets in May/November. There's no reason to be on battle.net the rest of the year.
>>
>>324002080
Torchlight 2 would be perfect if the skill trees weren't garbage, which is unfortunately one of the most important parts of a Diablolike.
>>
looking for baal?
>>
>>324003096
>PlugY
What is this and what does it have to offer that b.net doesn't?
>>
>>324003495
Benefits of PlugY
>disables Battle.net
>enables ladder only runewords/items in single player
>enables ubers in single player
And then just use tcp/ip for multplayer using offline characters that aren't tied to battle.net.
It also has shit like infinite storage space, which can be disabled, that purists might be opposed to. It's 2016, no one gives a fuck about trading and if you're afraid of people using save editors for whatever reason then just don't play with those people. Adding ladder items/ubers to local characters makes Battle.net pointless.
>>
>>324003879
>enables ladder only runewords/items in single player
Didn't those always work like that? I remember getting some ladder only drops in single player. I think it only affected non-bnet online characters.
>>
>>323996905
>I doubt there's anyone online anymore.

quit the contrary anon. blizzard still maintains ladders to this day.
>>
>>324004098
99% of D2 bnet population are bots though.
>>
>>324001384
They give you frost resist as well.
>>
>>324005129
Still doesn't work on Duriel. Do you think those potions wasn't the first thing every played tried? Duriel is a rape machine that cannot be stopped that easily.
>>
>>324005221
They DO work on Duriel, someone did a d2 speedrun on that GDQ shit and stacked them, made Duriel a joke.
>>
>>324001496
>someone saved the pic of my guy

those trap feels mang
>>
>>324005221
He is not that strong if you learn how his charge attack works
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.