[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Nintendo ever have the balls to do a LoZ game where you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

Would Nintendo ever have the balls to do a LoZ game where you fail to rescue Zelda?
>>
No. Zelda is the same formula with minor tweaks because they're selling the games to children, and are fundamentally the product of a company that is not interested in experimenting with their software.
>>
>>323990595
Nah most you will probably ever get is a melancholy ending were she has to sacrifice herself after you save her. or an ending where she has to leave you after being rescued kind of like what happened to midna at the end of twilight princess.
>>
>>323990595
I remember that being a plot point in a few games. Unless you mean not winding up saving Zelda in the end, in which case no and I can already see people calling it "edgey" if they did
>>
>>323994287
which?
>>
1 or 2 canon ones
>>
Honestly if you looked at the last few Zelda titles, they really don't seem to know what to do with the princess.
>>
>>323994426
srs?
>>
>>323994262
>>323994287
/thread
>>
>>323994802
Not really.
>>
Yes, already did.
>>
That goes completely against the point of the games being an eternally retold story of an unlikely hero overcoming the odds, defeating the great evil, and saving the princess.
>>
>>323990595
If you fail to rescue Zelda, the bloodline falls and the kingdom dies. Saving Zelda is literally the only way to save Hyrule. Fail, and that's it. Ganon wins and there are no more games.

Zelda is the lynchpin holding Hyrule and New Hyrule together.
>>
>>323990595
It retroactively happened in ALttp.
>>
>>323996294
?
>>
>>323996170
More importantly it makes you question the nature of saving, loading, retrying after a game over, etc. How is it that dying to a random Goblin is 'passable' but messing up something else once is permanent and cannot be changed by playing it a different way? It's dumb.
>>
>>323996245
They could either have it be the last game in the series, or have zelda's brother fuck link's sister and continue the bloodlines of both families
>>
>>323996338
The fallen hero timeline cop-out. ALttP happens cause you failed to rescue Zelda in OoT.
>>
>>323996436
So what happened to her in that timeline?
>>
>>323996347
If you win the fight the boss himself reloads back to before the fight, but has better strategies and attacks now. This keeps happening over and over until you lose. Turning the game off counts as giving up and the boss will have won the next time you turn the game on.
>>
>>323996405
>have zelda's brother fuck link's sister

No need to complicate things, just have the siblings fuck each other.
>>
I feel like I could write a really fucking solid Zelda game that wouldn't devolve into fanfic-tier garbage and most people would rave about.

Sad thing is Nintendo would probably never ever ever give this position to a white guy. Fucking Japs ruin everything.
>>
>>323996624
I wouldn't be surprised if a doujin of this idea already existed
>>
>>323990595
In ALttP you fail to rescue Zelda, in LinkĀ“s Awekening you kill Marin and in WW your sister is rescued by Tetra and Zelda is rescued by the King of the Red Lions, you only fight against Ganon and that's all.
>>
>>323996502
>

After the Hero of Time is defeated at the hands of Ganondorf, the King of Evil extracted the Triforce of Courage from Link and the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda. Obtaining the true power of the complete Triforce, he is transformed into the Demon King Ganon. In a desperate last resort, the Seven Sages seal Ganon along with the complete Triforce away in the Sacred Realm, which was already transformed into the Dark World as a reflection of Ganondorf's evil heart.

I guess she kept being a failed ninja, and eventually got it on going with some random guy.
>>
I want a game where you can play as Zelda. But not like hurr durr Zelda in a tunic with the master sword and shield bullshit. I want her to actually handle differently then Link.
>>
>>323996736
someone didn't get the proper ending in LA
>>
>>323996405
A Nintendo franchise would never let the last game in the series end with a bad end. What the hell kind of an end is that? "The bad guy wins, the kingdom falls, everyone dies and everything was for naught".
>>
>>323996736
you rescue Zelda right at the start
>>
>>323996769
You're asking Nintendo to put effort on a product that already sells by the cover, it will never happen.
>>
>>323996831
It could just be that Zelda dies, and Link goes rage mode and kills Ganon as an act of revenge. It would be a dark ending but it's not like it'd require the kingdom falling and everyone dying
>>
File: 1360173649017.png (15KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
1360173649017.png
15KB, 223x200px
>>323990595
>translucent dress
Sexy as fuck.
>>
>>323997007
Zelda's the lynchpin holding Hyrule together. If she dies before she bears a child, the kingdom dies with her.
>>
>>323990595
Happened twice on the official timeline
>>
>>323997094
Legitimate question: why, exactly? Did I miss something from the games saying that Zelda is absolutely necessary for the entirety of hyrule? I wouldn't doubt it, I just don't remember anything like that
>>
>>323996562
Mite b cool. Too bad Zelda games are forbidden from being fun and challenging.
>>
>>323997172
where?
>>
>>323997598
off screen
>>
>>323997625
one of the two was
>>
>>323997598
OOT/TMC
>>
>>323997413
She's the reincarnation of a goddess and the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom. She is literally the most important figure in Hyrule and a vital part of the kingdom's stability.

Link is more along the lines of a failsafe. Normally, he's not important, but when a crisis arises that threatens Hyrule as a whole and the shit's really hit the fan, he becomes the last line of defense.
>>
Do you even get the opportunity to fail? It's a linear story.
>>
>>323997849
I see, I thought that was skyward sword zelda only
>>
>>323997964
You fail when you die and choose not to continue. The player's failure is Link's failure and the player's success is Link's success.
>>
>>323998089
so not really, just if you stop playing the game and "pause" the story
>>
>>323997094
Cousins. Some King along the line had to have more than one child.

And if not? If he's still alive, he can still make another. If he's dead, then just pull some bullshit like Wind Waker where another girl inherits the spirit of Hylia because reasons.
>>
>>323997964
In five of the games, yes, six if you count MM which doesn't feature Zelda in the plot
>>
>>323998365
Drawing a blank on these supposed five games. I'm pretty sure none of the games so far let you break the linear story.
>>
>>323998365
if you say so
>>
Not my greentext, some anon wrote this a while back.

>tfw you will never be a man-at-arms to the Hylian royal family
>You will never gaze longingly at Zelda every day, knowing you can never be with her
>You will never fight the enemies of Hyrule, within sight of your princess, hoping against hope to catch her eye with bravery and heroism
>You will never be wounded nigh unto death, blocking a lizalfos from cleaving her apart
>You will never meet her eyes as you fall, an island of calm in the storm of battle
>She will never carry you away, to a secluded place and out of sight of the world, clasp you to her
>You will never stare in disbelief, barely holding onto life, as her bare breast reaches your lips
>You will never drink the milk of the goddess and be restored to health for your brave deed, warmth, happiness and calm settling through your body

>tfw you will will never kneel before her as she knights you after the battle, for saving her life
>You will never catch the warmth in her eyes as she looks down at you, lifting her sword away from dubbing you a knight of Hyrule
>You will never see her covertly wink to you and smile, letting you know that you did not dream what happened, but that it has to remain only between the two of you
>You will never fight for Zelda's honour and pleasure at tournaments, never exchange soft, secret words with her in private corners and never hear her whisper
>"Come to my chambers tonight. I have... A drink for you."
>>
you mean like skyward sword where she dies at the end?

nah
>>
>>324000071
>Your heart hammers with nerves and excitement as you approach her chamber door that night
>Even as you raise your hand to softly rap on the dark, exotic wood of the door, inlaid with gold wire (only the best for Hyrule's royalty), it swings smoothly and soundlessly open
>Your princess awaits you, radiant in the light of the moon and stars, sitting in a cushioned chaise lounge by the window. She wears a light shift of sky blue and white and her golden hair is loose, free of the braid she wears during the day and cascading down, over her softly pointed ears and down to her slender waist
>You feel your breath catch in your chest as she beckons you over and slips her smaller hand in yours, feeling the callouses from hours of toil to master swordplay
>There's a hint of sadness in her eyes, but it is far overwhelmed by affection, as she leans close and kisses you, rose-pink lips pressing against your own
>As she breaks the kiss and leans back, she shifts how she seats and smiles, tugging at the ribbons over her shoulders and letting her clothing fall like a silken whisper
>Her breasts are perfect. A little fuller than when she first fed you and healed your wounds, but not huge. They are soft, round and possessed of a subtle tear-drop shape. Her skin is so pale, but her nipples stand pink and ready for your mouth.
>The sweet, delicate, but deliciously fulfilling creaminess is divine, pure bliss, to say nothing of her hand gently stroking your hair, or her voice humming her soft lullaby, only occasionally interrupted by gasps and small trills of pleasure that would tug at the hardest heart
>>
>>324000095
huh?
>>
>>324000145
>After you are finished, she holds you against her and lets your head rest in her lap. As you lie there though, you again see the flash of sorrow in her eyes and you ask what troubles her
>To your shock, those beautiful sapphire eyes suddenly fill with tears and she covers her mouth with her delicate fingers, stifling a sob
>And then she explains and by the end, tears prickle at your eyes too
>She feels affection for you, nothing more. But that much at least is genuine. Allowing you such intimacy with her, as well as the love that had resonated between you both...
>As the re-incarnated goddess Hylia, she is patron of heroes. Through her and by her, heroism is rewarded. Those that perform noble and great deeds find what their heart desires
>Peace, fame, wealth, even love can be earned by heroic deeds of daring, thanks to the grace of Hylia, of Zelda
>When you were ready to sacrifice your life for her and in all the days before that, when you drove yourself for the pinnacle of your skill to catch her eyes, you proved yourself worthy and so were drawn into her gaze
>Your affection and desire for her were so deep, so true and pure, that her nature itself rewarded you with her love
>She assures you that while she indeed feels great affection and friendship for you (and a little desire too), the deep resonance you had felt those past weeks had been created by her divine nature. Her heart belongs to another; of course, it belongs to the greatest hero of all, to Link
>Her heart is his, as his is hers, although the humble savior of Hyrule is (ironically enough for the bearer of the Triforce of Courage) afraid to claim it
>>
>>324000232
>It breaks her heart to tell you, as it breaks yours to hear. In all the long centuries of her cycle, none save her destined hero had looked at her so, she says
>You share one more embrace, as she apologises. If it so took your heart, her divine fate would mean she could not refuse your love, you know this without it being spoken
>Ne'ertheless, you can't do it. The love would be true, but at the same time false, forced and forged by magic. It would taste bitter as ashes
>And besides, you cannot bear to break the heart of the beautiful princess
>After you console her and assure her of your understanding, you rise to go. She catches your hand as you do so
>Rising in a sudden rush, she throws her arms around you and kisses you full on your lips
>There is no hint of the magic that directed her actions before. This, here and now, is true and real
>She thanks you for your compassion. If things had been different, if she had not known Link, then perhaps...
>In that moonlit chamber, she blesses you, wraps the gentle embrace of Hylia around your soul
>In this life and every one to come, you will live blessed. It is the only gift she can give you and it is the only one that can show you how deep her affection truly runs

>"Goodnight, my dear hero. Regardless of all else, know that you will always have a place in my heart."
>>
>>323996245
Or pull an ocarina, time travel, rape her.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.