[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suck my cock meido btongue thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 23

File: 1450161222980.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1450161222980.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
suck my cock meido

btongue thread
>>
>>323978525

Look nerd, if you hate "SJWs" so much, be a man and go and kill them instead of spamming your whinge threads on /v/.
>>
why does 4chan censor threads on /v/ when /pol/ exists uncensored?
>>
>>323979069
dat ain't falco
>>
>>323979231
pls don't do it
>>
BRING IT OOOOON
>>
>>323978525
fitzthistlewitz was better
mrbtounguemyanus is a 9/10 though
>>
he is alive?
>>
THE EVIL WHITE MAN BEHIND THE TREE IS STEALING MY VIDYAS
NOT THE JEWS WITH SUITS
AYYY LMAO SUCK MY COCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
the stagnation in video games has nothing to do with the industry being hyper conservative following a recession and an economic downturn but is in fact entirely to blame on the white male majority who make up the industry and have done nothing to innovate it in any way in the last 60 or so years
>>
>>323980571

What is Spyro putting on the sandwich?
>>
>>323980570
Yeah he's active again.

https://youtu.be/NLIq4ceXZAw
https://youtu.be/HFNRmtJRkCc
>>
>>323980571
The worst thing about this picture is the fact that I've never seen more than two people working at the same time at subway
>>
>>323980570
alive and sucking jew cock
>>
>>323981018
he's shite now, all the points he makes are trite as fuck

like errant signal he started off not bad but now i only watch his videos for the comments/threads
>>
>>323981151
Explain. I don't like the guy but i know people here used to like him.
>>
>>323981049
kek
>>
>>323981435
he's literally blaming white people for
>games being too samey
>lack of diversity
>lack of good games
>everything wrong with the industry
when anyone with a fucking brain knows its the suits demanding devs shit out cod clones so they can have the bottom line.
also this>>323980753
>>
>complains about the lack of cultural diversity in games
>has a somewhat popular youtube channel that can be used to bring good obscure foreign games to light
>decides to focus his channel almost entirely on big budget western RPGs
Nice.
>>
>>323980753
Wow I didn't know that
>>
>>323981554
Welp, that's bad, considering a lot of eceleb smart asses follow his channel. He personally lost me with that Fallout New Vegas video. Dude knows nothing about books. Still, that's a shitty comeback after years of innactivity.
>>
>>323981805
at least my boy mattew "if b team makes another souls game i'm killing a kitten" matosis is free from the sjw grasp.
>>
>>323982098
he can't drink it, he's irish
i h-hope
>>
>>323981187
I don't care if he is or isn't an sjw but his last two vids were not great.
And for a supposed infinity engine aficionado he went way too easy on pillars of eternity's long list of fuck ups.
>>
>MrBTongue is now going down the dark path that Moviebob followed

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO VIDEO GAME ANALYSIS, NOT DESTROY IT!
>>
>>323981936
Yeah Matthew "Robin Williams couldn't bear to live in a world with Skyward Sword" matosis is pretty based

I don't even care if they drink the cool aid they just need to shut up about it because they've got nothing interesting to say about it and it just comes across as virtue signaling
>>
>>323982098
Based Matthew is safe because he is irish, has a job and a gurl. No need for pandering or e peen anything. Only autism.
>>
>>323982247
that joke will haunt him for the rest of his life.
>>323982350
8 hour bloodborne video when
>>
>>323982734
the b team hatred will never let him fall for the their traps
>>
>>323982734
I really doubt it. She is in a stream on the other channel, and for what i can tell is a normal human bean. But mostly, all this inclusive-videogames thingy is mostly american.
>>
Listed reasons why diversity is good in games:
>Game made by straight white men
>Game made by straight Asian men

That's a very convincing argument.
>>
when he said he was bored of grizzled white men as protagonists he shows footage of metal gear solid which has the exact same "national flavour" to it that the souls games or the witcher games have
>>
>>323981554
I really don't get why anyone would even make that claim.
Thousands of years of architecture, theatre, literature, music and whatnot and white people's cultural productivity did not taper off due to lack of multikulti. (inb4 Shakespeare was actually a black woman, all white people of any merit were secretly black)
>>
I'm going to go ahead and unsub.
>>
>>323981554
Nowhere in the video did he say the latter 2 points you are accusing him of. He didn't claim that games playing it too safe are necessarily bad games, nor did he say white people are the sole reason there are problems in the industry. The video isn't even 10 minutes long, the fact that so many of you guys always reach first for the "he's just a self-hating mangina drinking the SJW kool-aid" or some other variant of that shit or start putting words into other peoples' mouths is exactly why nobody that matters takes any of you seriously.

He said that stagnation comes from the fact that the majority of the (Western) industry is White, which is at least partially true. He also said that diversity needs to be cultivated, which is also true. If the industry started out as something that constantly tried to satisfy straight white males then the existing audience will be largely consisting of those people, and since much of the existing audience will demand more of the same things (and many of that existing audience which cultivated an early interest in games would be more likely to become devs themselves), that is what will lead to suits telling devs to continue to create games that only appeal to these people, which leads to even more stagnation.

If you want to find a problem with his point, it should be the fact that if he thinks that the very Polish feel of The Witcher and the unique Japanese take on Western Fantasy that Bloodborne has is what makes him like them, then one could argue that someone living elsewhere could play an American game and feel the same way. It's just that we don't identify it as being unique because it's familiar to us.
>>
>>323984524
its easier to attack them, same with the church,nazis/commies/allah people etc etc
>>323984681
>He said that stagnation comes from the fact that the majority of the (Western) industry is White, which is at least partially true.
ain't falling for you shit jew.
white people did nothing wrong on the gaming industry.
>>
>>323979068
what?
>>
I'm all down with the first part, that diversity and variety is good for us by giving us new and interesting concepts to play around with.

What I'm not down with is that it needs to be cultivated or that cultivating it will even be beneficial. When we look at CD Projekt and From Software they didn't need a handout/leg up to bring their voice to games they got their by working their way up over the years, personally I've been a From Software fan since the 90's and I can say that Bloodbornes don't just happen out of nowhere, it takes time and experiences that can only be gained from years of hardwork and experimentation.

The individual has to be dedicated and driven and you don't get that from cultivated diversity. They have to build it themselves clawing together their funds, resources and skills through the power of their own will.

The other thing is we are already seeing games from other places in the world beside North America, Western Europe and Japan. Indie games and smartphones are often filled with game made by South Americans, Indians, Southern Asians ect. And if they made something of quality that people want to play people wouldn't care where it came from or who made it. Then in 20 years or so when they're not just some dumb kid but an experienced veteran who has clawed together the resources, skills and funds they too might bring out the next Bloodborne or Witcher 3.

Just grabbing some minority or under represented ethnic and shoving them into the lead position of a game development studio isn't how it's going to happen. They have to want it bad enough that they build it with their own hands from the ground up.
>>
>>323984681
I haven't watched the new videos, so feel free to disregard my opinion, but as a non american videogame fan i have to disagree. I'm from Chile and here, the little game companies that exist are composed of the most rich people from the country. Videogames are stagnating not because the color of your skin, but because very economical privileged people lacks the world vision to make something appealing.

Also, some anon pointed up that publishers are the ones pushing content for the lowest common denominator. Would a game about Spanish imperialism sell in the USA? No. War on terrorism is more appealing to kids in the military shooters genre, for example.

Devs need to watch and read good shit for inspiration. Even american indie games have this trend of appealing to very safe shit to win sucess (see Undertale, Fez).

Nepotism and circlejerks are the ones stagnating the medium, not one person color. Do devs gives a shit because people in Chile play their shit? No. They care about social issues because social issues themselves are a joke now. Want a good game with good political commentary? Killer7. Want a game with good social commentary? Papers, please.
>>
>>323985460
This
the 1% either got dumb or already fucked off to mars and left some retard AI here to take care of things.
>>
>>323984681
>He said that stagnation comes from the fact that the majority of the (Western) industry is White, which is at least partially true.
>diversity needs to be cultivated

How so? Whiteness is hardly a grand unifying trait.
You can easily mix elements of Estonian, Dutch, Hungarian, Corsican, Sami and Andorran culture and boom, there's your diversity and inspiration from various cultures, while still keeping the focus on the continent where the people who consume vidya in the West come from in one way or another. Why make it about racial shit in the first place?
Plus any self-respecting culture will put itself in the focus in the cultural items it creates, which is why aliens typically land in New York, Tokyo or London in movies, depending on who makes the film.
You are basically expecting cultural cuckoldry from Whites AND disrespecting the ability and personal choices of Blacks by demanding a whole industry change for the glory of Diversity.

And why is it the White Man's Burden to tell stories of other people's? Even if devs try like the good pathetic little beta orbiters they are, their efforts then will be seen as simply cultural appropriation and get yet another shitstorm from smartasses on the internet.
>>
File: Revengance.jpg (55KB, 548x444px) Image search: [Google]
Revengance.jpg
55KB, 548x444px
>>323978525
So this is how legends fall, not with a bang but by dying their hair purple watching their wife get B L A C K E D.
>>
>>323985252
Hard work always pays, 7 years ago i was lucky if my country even got printed copies of games, now we have triple a companies and indies flocking the market with games translated and with local dub, that isn't half bad imo.
you want shit, you work for that shit, simple as that.
>>
>>323984681
>If the industry started out as something that constantly tried to satisfy straight white males
It's not, it started out as something that constantly tried to satisfy Japanese children, at least the console-driven post-crash industry that lives on to this day anyway.

Video games used to be a lot more "diverse" gameplay and design-wise (which is the important part because they video GAMES not video movies or literature) particularly in the early 3D era when no one was quite sure how to make the best selling and controlling 3D game, and shoehorning in some niggers and women, fags and leftist politics won't make a lick of difference there, which is what these people actually want. The problem is publishers want a safe bet, and while "grizzled white male" character is part of that, it's not nearly as important an aspect of how these games actually play. Since RE4 and Halo/COD4 basically cemented the "blueprint" for making a fairly safe bet TPS/FPS, we've gotten a shitload of those and that's the real "diversity" problem.
>>
>diversity is an asset
>because I say so and make a couple of points irrelevant to the discussion
unsubbed, reported for stupidity
>>
>how many from software employees you've driven off by asking to show their tits?
umm, zero

>how many CDPR employees you've driven of by your homo and transphobia
zero
Yes, I know about that character designer with stupid chick hair, we don't actually hate him, it's just bantz.
>>
>>323986839
can confirm this, from soft has around 200 people as in back when bloodborne was released, they were EXTREMLY small before the souls boom.
>>
File: 1452231490595.png (130KB, 510x467px) Image search: [Google]
1452231490595.png
130KB, 510x467px
>>323980406
>fitzthistlewitz was better
Literally who?
>>
What the fuck happened to this man?
>>
>>323987316
he's always been kind of mediocore desu

he's like errant signal but brief
>>
>>323987316
if i had to guess, woman.
>>
>>323986642
You aren't explaining yourself very well. You're positing that mainstream game design will get better again but not explaining why outside of some vague shit about one generation learning from the previous generation.

The big 3 western publishers are entrenched as fuck as far as business practices are concerned. There really isn't an end in sight with that shit.
>>
Honestly, who didn't saw this coming after his opinion on gg?
>>
>>323987415
More likely academia
>>
>>323987669
it was a dumb sleep deprived post just ignore it
>>
>Le holocaust was the worst thing ever, Mr Goldsteinowitz told me so!
Fuck off, BTongue is a retard.
>>
>>323987316
Pretty much anyone who writes for a living hates the anti-SJW crowd bar people at right wing tabloids.

You're gunna feel this sting a lot.
>>
>>323986980
And despite no one in the west giving a shit about their early RPGs they still kept going at it and improving
>>
>>323987891
are you one of those youtube people
>>
>>323988159
What?
>>
File: 1385101654317.jpg (117KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
1385101654317.jpg
117KB, 500x574px
>>323986642
>More diversity will absolutely result in more perspectives and stories being told but saying a lack of diversity is to blame for the current stagnation in the industry is tenuous at best.

Racial diversity never result Cultural diversity
Look at the US of A. Black USA guy has more common views with white USA guys than with Black Zimbabwe guys

>
if this is the case then how does a game like undertale get made and resonate with the people it did?

Smart marketing and nostalgia pandering
For example, Earthbound/Mother doesn't mean shit to me, so Undertale never got me
>>
File: 1388069747645.png (13KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1388069747645.png
13KB, 429x410px
>>323987762
He is free to have his fucking opinion, I just thought his "opinion" was a fucking cop out, it was literary "lol I dun see notin wrong u guyz!11 stop harrziment 2014"
Even radioactive biscuit called him out on this bullshit in the comments.
>>
>>323987149
Some chess player or something
>>
>>323988361
His opinion was basically "this is stupid petty shit, just so we're clear, no I don't support it."

Fair enough, frankly.
>>
>censorship isn't real, you have nothing to worry about lol!!

meanwhile another fucking blacked thread gets deleted from /tv/

fuck sjws
>>
>>323988361
Also don't forget the other groundbreaking insights from the video such as:

>Dialogue wheels can be poorly implemented sometimes
>Good voice acting can elevate some dialogue but limits the amount of dialogue the game can include

I can't believe he makes us wait months at a time for this shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
I like btongue, but fails to consider that maybe diversity is only good when it is attached to depth. He undermines his own argument when he says that western games are failing due to overuse of violence and then pulls out W3 and BB as examples of great games due to diversity. Sure the quirks of Polish and Jap culture help make those games unique, but they are also game with a lot of depth (and heavily dependent on violence). Also the literary value of games is not the be all and end of games, flow and strategic planning rank high for a lot people. Somewhat funny implies CoD and Gears as the pushing grizzled white male character, both of series actually push a lot non-white character but don't make big deal about it.
>>
File: facts.png (195KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
facts.png
195KB, 640x480px
So I think we can pretty much all agree with this yes?
>>
>>323989107
I agree with anything and everything
>>
>>323989107
I watched one video from that sack head guy. He was going on about how kanye west is genius because all of his songs are satire.
I'm never watching another.
>>
>>323989107
Satchbag is fucking terrible.

That insane nigga compared Sonic 2 to fucking Duchamp's Fountain.
>>
>>323989107
Who is the paper bag?
>>
>>323989107
paper bag nigger is trite as fuck
>>
>>323985460
>>323985818
>>323986364
>>323986642
I'm not denying that a huge, and almost certainly the largest, reason games stagnate is because of economic forces- that's true for pretty much every form of entertainment. I just don't think there's any reason to believe that that is the sole reason any more than believing obnoxious SJWs who only focus on the most superficial elements of "diversity".

I agree that there's plenty of diversity of ideas to be found even just within White cultures, so seeing more games with a unique style just within that would be great. I get why some people find it annoying when people needlessly make it about specifically finding diversity based on race. Still, I get the impression that anyone from the outside looking in still have this faulty perception of what the gaming industry is like, which is probably why so many people are always talking about "cultivating diversity". I guess there's not enough Amy Hennigs out there making statements about how the industry is a welcoming place, and even when they do a lot of the time they're not visible enough.

>And why is it the White Man's Burden to tell stories of other people's?

I wouldn't make an argument for that at all. I think people should make the games they want to make. But I think more messages about how diversity is welcome in the industry would probably help with that.

>if this is the case then how does a game like undertale get made and resonate with the people it did?

I was under the impression we were mostly talking about AAA games here. I mean, if I was to go into the indie scene and look for RPGM games and the like there's actually quite a few interesting ones. Last Dream for example, is pretty good IMO.

I think it'd be cool if we could get more things with the level of passion Undertale had put into it, but with the resources only a AAA game could have.

Thanks for the mostly level-headed responses by the way folks, I like you guys in a totally platonic way.
>>
>>323989107
Sachbag bekings to bottom list
>>
File: Ashley rapey time.png (358KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley rapey time.png
358KB, 800x800px
>>323989298
>Kanye isn't a genius

I bet you like Death Grips too you fucking hipster.
>>
his videos are great
>>
>>323989346
>more messages about how diversity is welcome in the industry
It's called industry, as in 'doing work to earn money'. Only white people buy and play video games, so, big motherfucking surprise, the majority of games feature white characters.
More, sports and weather at 11.
>>
>>323989107
I fail to see the point of Satchbag. Its a cool dude, but i can't see where he is pointing. It feels forced. Agreed with everything else though.
>>
>>323989107
Get satchel nigger the fuck out of there.
>>
>>323989107
>Jim Sterling
>Extra Credits
>Movie Bob
>Yahtzee

the escapist has a lot to atone for
>>
>Bloodborne is lovecraftian
This shit is so retarded. There's nothing about Bloodborne that is lovecraftian other than they stuck NotCthuluâ„¢ everywhere and stuck in the Insight gimmick with no interesting implementation other than LE SPOOKY ALIENS and Frenzy which is supposed to be like the sanity problems the protags face in lovecrafts books but instead it's just HURR YOU TAKE ALOT OF DAMAGE. Shit like Eternal Darkness is lovecraftian, Bloodborne is an action game with some tentacle faced AYYliens
>>
>>323989874
First person on /v/ I've seen agree with me on this, fucking finally
>>
>>323989346
>But I think more messages about how diversity is welcome in the industry would probably help with that.
You know how you get there? One, though it is promblematized the industry is filled with white Western men. White Western men are the single most welcoming and peaceful group on the fucking planet, by and large, so long as you are not in a fucking KKK meeting. You need to be good at your job, get the fuck on with it, give some empiric evidence to your claims and deal with the occasional bit of banter and you will be accepted no trouble,
Others will chop your bloody head off for not following their retarded, violent, genocidal cult. Surprise, the cultural industry publishing their culture is somehow not in the greatest shape.
>>
>>323989874
i wonder what % of people calling it lovecraftian have ever read lovecraft
>>
>>323990014
Careful there, do not let problematic things like logic and reality interfere with liberal feelgood dogma.
>>
File: 1384092495544.gif (494KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1384092495544.gif
494KB, 125x125px
>The industry's "whiteness" causes a lack of creativity
>By the way my favorite game last year was a very culturally White game made mostly by a bunch of White dudes
>>
>>323981435
He's saying the western industry isn't making enough games for fags.
And that only fags can offer an experience that is uniquely faggy.
>>
>>323990351
Circlejerk harder, faggot.
>>
>>323990449
Are you triggered? Do you need help getting to your safe space?
>>
>>323990351
biting satire
>>
>>323990514
Do the safe space joke again, it never gets old.
>>
>>323984681
He's right that only certain people can offer certain games, but wrong that this is stagnating the industry.
The industry is stagnant because producers don't take any risks any more.
(Race/sexuality) Demographics have fuck all to do with it.
>>
>>323990690
Definitely triggered. Why are you even on /v/? Here we hate everything and everybody, ourselves included.
>>
File: 1392954363191.jpg (7KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1392954363191.jpg
7KB, 186x186px
>>323984681
So you're saying that someone's race influences whether they have the ability to be diverse? That's pretty racist.

>He also said that diversity needs to be cultivated, which is also true.
Define "diversity." True diversity doesn't come just because someone has a different skin color than someone else, it comes from someone having different experiences and different opinions from someone else. It's about the content of character, not skin color. You are proving that people have learned NOTHING from Martin Luther King Jr. despite him being propped up annually to raise awareness of him.

Also, why does "diversity" need to be cultivated, exactly? Video games are a business. You either make something that will sell or you make something that won't and you fail.

There's no need to cultivate diversity because there are a whole bunch of diverse video games out there for people to buy and play, yet they don't, they just complain about video games not being diverse enough. They don't purchase diverse games and they don't make diverse games, so they have zero authority when it comes to talking about diversity or inclusion. Besides, if you can't enjoy a piece of entertainment just because it doesn't cater specifically to you, that points to a problem with yourself, not the piece of entertainment.
>>
>>323989298
That Hotline Miami one? That one is the best imo desu fampai. But yeah, the channel is average at best. Neat concept, poor execution.
>>
>>323990441
>My other favourite game was a game based off of fiction cultivated solely by white people.
>>
>>323990750
Demographics have something to do with it but it's more to do with who the industry thinks they're marketing games to.

In the mind of EA/Activision/Ubisoft their customers are white, male, 12-30 and stupid as fuck.

Their games are partially a product of the fact they're marketing to a stereotype of moronic guys.
>>
>>323990441
>>323990916
>that means white people are definitely the most glaring problem with game industry
>>
>>323990904
>Neat concept, poor execution
The concept is literally making a channel on youtube which is already oversaturated with this kind of shit
>>
>>323978525
I haven't checked in on him for awhile, what happened?
>>
Unsubscribed. How could he do this to us?
How did we go from the dizzying heights of ranting about post-apocalyptic farmers to the depths of a video that doesn't vehemently oppose the general concept of diversity?
>>
File: 1404707700113.png (38KB, 261x188px) Image search: [Google]
1404707700113.png
38KB, 261x188px
>>323989874
"Lovecraftian" is like a subgenre now. I agree but i can't blame the fags who label Bloodborne as that. From must be like
>>
>>323990976
Right, you see how the reace and sex is completely irrelevant in that statement?
Activision looks at their sales and sees well Call of Duty is still selling millions of copies, let's just keep making more of that.

They don't give two shits about who's playing them.
They're just looking at whether or not those plebeians are still eating that shit up.
>>
>>323991062
The guy went from making sensible points with a side of pretentiousness to full pretentiousness to whining about the industry being too white, apparently.
>>
>>323991138
Lovecraftian as a subgenre just means throw tentacles everywhere. It doesn't even seem to relate to cosmic horror anymore.
>>
File: 1382516017549.gif (2MB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1382516017549.gif
2MB, 340x340px
>>323991218
>mfw my porn has all suddenly became Lovecraftian
Should have seen it sooner.
>>
>>323991195
>Right, you see how the reace and sex is completely irrelevant in that statement?

In the same manner that, say, Barbie is marketed to girls and GI Joe is marketed to boys, games that involve overt violent conflict will be primarily for boys in the eyes of marketers. COD is basically a GI Joe for teenagers and young adults in their eyes. So yeah, gender does play in to it.
>>
>>323990442
Hotline Miami dude is sweden and a fag, and crafted one of the most violent video games of recent memory. Tongue is retarded because his own racism blinds him to look disruptive games made by white people outside of the USA.
>>
File: kerbal_space_program1.jpg (51KB, 950x353px) Image search: [Google]
kerbal_space_program1.jpg
51KB, 950x353px
>Most of the "indie renaissance" craze is almost exclusively powered by cis hetero white social awkward men

How exactly is racial/gender diversity supposed to be the xfactor in changing design perspectives again?

Downplay his argument all you want by saying he just said its one of many factors, its just serve to highlight that maybe his video should have been about shifting perspectives on what is considered good designs. for him to pick diversity out all these factors that make change happen makes it seems like he thinks its highly important, which is evidently isn't.

Not to mention his two examples of #diversitywins that is the witcher 3 and bloodborne are made by racially homogeneous men. Its like he's unconsciously highlighting the false equivalence he's making between all types of diversity as far as them being an asset for the industry goes. Women are glarling irrelevant to the argument he's making.

(pic related, a bunch of awkard men made this, they happened to be mexican)
>>
>>323978525
His original and classic Mass Effect 3 ending video was taken down where can I watch it again? ;_;
>>
>>323991518
>Not to mention his two examples of #diversitywins that is the witcher 3 and bloodborne are made by racially homogeneous men. Its like he's unconsciously highlighting the false equivalence he's making between all types of diversity as far as them being an asset for the industry goes. Women are glarling irrelevant to the argument he's making.

This point is disingenuous. The Witcher 3 being made by a racially homogeneous team is irrelevant when said team was part of a nation that's otherwise under represented in games. It's existence makes the industry more diverse.
>>
>>323990750
Also, race and sexuality is safe as fuck now. See games that deal with fucked up shit, like Pathologic, getting slammed because it looks like shit and is difficult.

There's no agenda here. Only really dumb people in charge of critic. But that kind of shit is old. This medium is so accesible that you're bound to deal with pretentious cunts forcing shitty "ideals" into everything. Not even music is that bad. There's no integrity because they develop what sells to they target demographic.
>>
>>323991418
You're missing the point.
Imagine for the sake of argument that everyone who buys call of duty is a raging homosexual like you.
The games aren't going to change.
They have a winning formula and they're going to stick with it.
>>
>>323991809
So again, trying to make diversity about race is equally retarded because you can find plenty of diversity without leaving the main demographic of the people who play vidya in the West.
>>
>>323992046
So you're conceding that diversity is a good thing, but are too dumb to realize that more would be an even better thing?
>>
I just watched his newest video, and it seems to me like he failed to make any real connections, he just threw some bullshit out. For example, he described diversity (on the developer side) as an asset and gave a few examples for this -- this is something I can completely agree with. He followed it up by blaming this inequality in representation on "us" constantly asking to see tits and "racist, homophobic or transphobic" behaviour that "we" engaged in.

Fuck off with that shit mate, what evidence do you have to link those things together? How exactly are "we" causing unequal representation in game development via racist, homophobic or transphobic behaviour, and who the fuck are "we" anyway? The video started off with the premise of some unique point of view that is missing from other arguments of this nature, and ended up being the exact same argument, putting the same blame on the same people for the same alleged behaviour, with the only addition being a slight tie-in to the racial background of developers. Shit video desu.
>>
>>323991951
>Publishers can do no wrong!

Well enjoy your yearly COD, FIFA and Asscreed.

Seriously, if you're satisfied with that then enjoy it.
>>
>>323992352
>So you're conceding that diversity is a good thing
Diversity is good when it is a self-supporting thing that makes its way in the free market. As part of a retarded political agenda however it is a really fucking bad thing.
>>
>>323992407
He didn't say "we."

If you understand the people he was talking about to include you then that's on you, not him.
>>
>>323991418
You have to realise, all this crap is crafted with the core audience in mind. Barbie didn't make girls Barbie. Barbie was a thing because women, and society was like that. Videogames and toys, cinema and television are not the problem. They reflect the most dumb aspects of society (mainstream media mostly). Making "progresive and inclusive" stuff is not a revolutionary thing now: is a marketing strat because women now are independent and potential buyers. Genre is and has always been a tool of marketing in media. In the real world, obviously there are issues, but media exploit that shit for more cash, like they always did.
>>
>>323992458
Are you genuinely retarded?
The publishers are exactly the problem.
They aren't taking risks because they have their cash cow.
And everyone else just imitates success.
You get a nasty cycle of the same shit over and over again that people keep buying for some fucking reason.
The people hold some of the responsibility for have no fucking taste, but if publishers took risks once in a while you'd see people buying new and different things.
>>
>>323992575
Try paying attention next time you watch the video mate. Direct quote from about 4:47.

>Over the years, how many Fromsofts worth of talent have _we_ driven off by _us_ constantly asking to see their tits?
>>
>>323992542
>Diversity is good when it is a self-supporting thing that makes its way in the free market.

The free market veers towards hegemony as far as AAA game design is concerned. CDPR are the exception and not the rule.
>>
>>323992542
This.
When you need to fucking prop up somebody to help someone make a product that you are going to buy, the chances are that person has no fucking clue what to do.
If it doesn't come naturally, then you're just forcing a bunch of people who don't know anything about the medium into creative positions and that's setting yourself up for failure which is only going to reinforce the norm in the long run.
>>
>>323992725
OK, lets try this again. What the fuck is your point?
>>
File: 1427353655460.jpg (479KB, 1250x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1427353655460.jpg
479KB, 1250x1126px
>>323992458
>>323992725

The newest COD has advertising out the ass showing off how you can make a female character in multiplayer.

FIFA's biggest feature this year was the inclusion of female leagues.

The latest Asscreed was made by mostly women and is the laziest most derivative Ass Bleed to date.

Their core audience didn't change, nobody gave a fuck about them being more inclusive aside from feminists which didn't even buy the games in the first place. Nobody cares except faggots like you and MrBLACKEDtongue. You're both fucking retarded.
>>
>>323992773
I'll concede he did say "we."

Point still stands though. "We" doesn't have to mean you. If you think it does, then that's on you.
>>
>>323992773
>Over the years, how many Fromsofts worth of talent have _we_ driven off by _us_ constantly asking to see their tits?
>>
>>323992975
>Their core audience didn't change, nobody gave a fuck about them being more inclusive aside from feminists which didn't even buy the games in the first place.

You do get that your entire point rests on this one sentence which is complete conjecture, right?
>>
>>323993070
Here I was thinking I was a white male. Close call, thanks for cluing me in senpai
>>
>>323992851
>The free market veers towards hegemony as far as AAA game design is concerned.

Because AAA games require a lot of money to produce by big studios, so studios and publishers need to see a return on that investment if they want to keep making video games. You do have a basic understanding of how business works, right?

If you want diversity, the indie scene is where you need to look since there are much lower production costs and thus more room for risk. Alternatively, make the game you want to play. Crying about a lack of diversity contributes nothing of value.
>>
WHAT
DO
THEY
EAT
>>
>>323993070
>weasel words
>>
>>323992723
>You have to realise, all this crap is crafted with the core audience in mind.

No, I get that. But that was my point in the first place. They're marketing to teenage to young adult men who are also rather dumb.
>>
>>323989107
Suchaniggerbag is the most pretentious person I have ever seen.
>>
>>323990826
>So you're saying that someone's race influences whether they have the ability to be diverse?
White people will have a unique perception of their own culture and others' culture should they choose to make a work involving it, exactly the same way the Souls series has a unique Japanese take on Western culture. Unless you're going to say you disagree that the Souls series has a unique take on an established culture then you can't simultaneously argue that somehow race doesn't matter.

>Define "diversity." True diversity doesn't come just because someone has a different skin color than someone else, it comes from someone having different experiences and different opinions from someone else.
Are you arguing that having different skin color won't generally speaking give people different experiences or lead them to form different opinions due to the culture they inhabit? It's part of human nature and it's not going to change for the rest of human history.

Yes there are many, many other things that factor in, but I could make that same argument for every other thing you use to describe an individual. That doesn't mean race suddenly stops mattering.
>>
>>323993234
How did he go from that to this?
>>
>>323993207
So if you took "we" to mean white men, why were you asking what it means?
>>
File: JUST FUCK MY FEMINISM UP.jpg (273KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
JUST FUCK MY FEMINISM UP.jpg
273KB, 900x508px
>>323993176
As opposed to the same factless shitposting you two have been partaking in? You wanna link me to your C: drive as your source familia?
>>
>>323993210
>You do have a basic understanding of how business works, right?

Yes, I'm also aware enough of industry trends to realize the current model is showing itself to be increasingly unsustainable and sales for core franchises are declining on a yearly basis.
>>
>>323992975
There's a video from the faggots at twin perfect talking about this. Check it out if you want. Its the E3 video.

Western devs equal inclusion with pandering. That's a huge mistake. You just go online on whatever game of your choice and you have straights, whites, gays, blacks, asians, latins, people with and without jobs, etc.

Mainstream culture is inclusive per se. Its mainstream ffs. The point is not women, man or color. Its an industry with their head up their own ass. Asscreed as historical medium is a fucking joke for example.
>>
>>323992965
The industry is stagnant because producers don't take risks and because consumers keep supporting them anyway.
If you had more lgbt's playing or developing games then literally nothing would change in any practical sense.
Maybe you see one or two fag protagonists.

It won't change the market. It won't introduce anything new.
In fact this is exactly what happened with Ubisoft.
People are still making their shit games. People are still buying their shit games.
There was a faggot in one of the new games, but the game was still garbage.

Have I finally penetrated that troglodyte skull of yours?
>>
>>323992773
What was he even referring to by the way? I generally don't pay attention to dumb shit like that.
>>
>>323993637
No, I still have no fucking clue what your point is. Sorry.
>>
>>323993176
The point is that nothing fucking macgically changed because a faggot or two was involved in the development process like Mr B Tongue said it would.
>>
File: 1349185274249.jpg (168KB, 487x740px) Image search: [Google]
1349185274249.jpg
168KB, 487x740px
>>323993575
You mean this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep3DF2QwDj4

>You can finally play as a woman in Fallout
lolwat?
>>
>>323993751
Then I have successfully proven that you are a complete fucking moron.
I could not be more clear.
The point could not be more obvious.
Stop pretending to be retarded.
>>
This seems to make the assumption that people are leaving the industry because people are saying mean things about them on the internet, without realizing that it more like people are leaving the games industry because shit industry to work in due reasons like work hours and wages
>>
>>323993369
That was a different anon. Regardless, the fact that he did not define who "we" are is an issue, and regardless of who that may be -- whether it's white males, or anyone who thinks "we" includes them when they watch the video, or whoever else -- he still did not provide any evidence that there is any group out there driving any (potential) developers of any race, gender, sexual orientation etc. away from game development. It was the same old argument delivered in a really stupid and vague way, and as per usual, without any justification.
>>
>>323993875
You were saying something about COD players all magically becoming gay but COD not changing? Seriously, help me out here.
>>
File: zande weapons.jpg (191KB, 610x479px) Image search: [Google]
zande weapons.jpg
191KB, 610x479px
>>323992851
>CDPR are the exception and not the rule.
They simply found something that sold and connected with people, worked their skills really fucking hard, made some good deals, and over the course of nearly a decade created first a small niche game that became bigger than they expected, an excellent second game that truly broke into the mainstream and a third that was among the very best the whole industry produced in years.
That is how you make progress. There was no Affirmative Action in the German RPG dev scene that called for hiring Poles for past sins against them or any bullshit like that, simply people with a vision got together on their own accord and made something great happen.
As per an above post, the same shit could happen with Andorran, Hungarian, Estonian or whatever the fuck else culture and devs that tell their own story and perspectives on their own volition. Yes that could be every bit as much about the Mongols, Easter Islanders, Maori, Sri Lankans or the Nubians, the Zulu, Zande or whatever too.

But making it into a political demand that these be created not on their own merits but as a sacrifice on the altar of Diversity, you are making it more difficult and politically loaded for someone genuine to make a real thing of it later, you are applying pressure t let not skills but race/culture determine hiring, and are laying absolutely critical stuff like marketability and making economic sense with your product to the sideline.

If you are that fucking invested into making more diversity, don't complain and demand others do it for you but create shit that's more diverse.
>>
>>323994003
>That was a different anon.

Then shush.
>>
>>323993350
Not him, and i agree with almost everything you pointed out. But race mentality should be something in the realm of the consumer, not the developer. If the developer tries to sell me something because i'm not white, that's just pandering.

I personally don't give a fuck about whites, blacks, women or men in vidya. Samus is cool because of the game, not because she has a vagina. You just can't slap diversity for the sake of it, because if that's your focus, your game is bound to be shit.

Vidya is a shitfest in that matter. You don't see people crying at a musician because their songs are offensive. And even if people bitch, a painter, musician or film maker has the balls to tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>323994045
Way too long.

Shorten it to four lines and I'll read it.
>>
I'm glad he's coming out with videos more frequently, hope he continues that pace. Hope he makes another video talking about MMO's
>>
>>323994045
>If you are that fucking invested into making more diversity, don't complain and demand others do it for you but create shit that's more diverse.

Or at least actively seek out, buy and spread the word about games made by people from different cultures and help the small devs grow.
>>
>>323994037
Jesus fucking christ.
That was the separate point about the demographics portion of the argument.
It doesn't matter who the target audience is.
That's not what's causing the stagnation.
It's the publisher's lack of interest in creating anything new and less so the consumers' lack of interest in buying anything new.

Mr. B Tongue states that diversity of representation would change things because it would appeal to a new demographic that would then get involved in making games.
But that's happened before.
Ubisoft is still making the same shit. People are still buying it.
Activision is still making the same shit. People are still buying it.

There's fags in games now, but do we see any unique new titles coming from the west?
Do we see a consumer base that is willing to try new things?
FUCK NO. They're lapping up the same shit with a new flavor.
>>
>>323993868
Yes, that one. TP are cunts, but in this case that dude is correct. Thats innovation now? Film makers like Lars Von Trier joked at cannes about making a porn-neonazi film. He was banned instantly. Then Nymphomaniac came out and everyone was "oh, best shit ever!" Videogame industry lacks balls, and it shows.
>>
>>323994431
I give up. This is just incoherent ranting.
>>
>>323989107
Satchbag is not anywhere close to being an example of good game critique, he over romanticizes shit. He's close to errant signal but not quite the same level of pretentiousness, but near.
>>
File: 1399900103841.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1399900103841.gif
12KB, 250x242px
>>323992773
>have a grand vision of a great vidya I'm about to make
>also happen to have a vagina
>the idea is fucking awesome and I have the skills to make this shit work
>breaking into the AAA market as a new dev will be likely a decade-long process if I'm being optimistic
>it will involve a lot of business, dealing with people, making other products to accumulate the skilled crew I will need to make this work
>but the idea is fucking grand and when it works it will make me a millionaire
>from then on I will become a big name in the industry and will be able to see my ideas fulfilled
>I am strong-willed, skilled and capable enough to make this work, here I fucking go
>wait, someone on the Internet just posted "TITS OR GTFO"
>welp that's it then, fuck this, all my plans are ruined forever, better just fuck some accountant, divorce his beta ass and take all the money
Every fucking time it happens, man. A true tragedy.
>>
>>323994621
>Mr. B Tongue states that diversity of representation would change things because it would appeal to a new demographic that would then get involved in making games.
We have fag representation.
They didn't make anything unique or different.

There I summarized it in a bite sized chunk that your miniscule ADHD brain can consume like the consumerist parasite you are.
>>
File: death.png (13KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
13KB, 285x285px
Daily reminder that this is how video games died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7A5OgfP4NA
>>
>>323994821
You're not making any sense faggot. Try reining in the sperg just a little bit before you type next time.
>>
>>323995167
Which specific part isn't making sense you braindead queer?
>>
WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
>>
>>323990441
>btw my other favorite game was made by a bunch of Japanese people (who are obviously a disenfranchised minority who have been excluded from video games by racist whites) who made a came based heavily on white culture, religion and literature by a white racist.
>>
>>323978525

TL:DW

White mans burden to make games to be exclusive and diversified for lesser races so that maybe they'll make their own one day
>>
>>323994601
pfft, Lars Von Trier makes shit films. Mainstream is a buzzword. What matters is depth.
>>
>>323996153
Depth can be a buzzword too, but whatever. The point is: devs are focusing on innane shit. That's why this whole gen is playing safe for the most part.
>>
>>323984681
>If the industry started out as something that constantly tried to satisfy straight white males then the existing audience will be largely consisting of those people, and since much of the existing audience will demand more of the same things (and many of that existing audience which cultivated an early interest in games would be more likely to become devs themselves)
You've got a bit of a chicken and the egg situation here, m8. What came first, the non-white gamer or the non-white dev?

If someone is capable of making a video game on their own, without assistance from people more experienced and wealthy (re: the formation of the industry) then anyone is capable of doing it. You haven't made a justification for why non-white non-male non-gays inherently require the assistance of white straight men. And don't give me that shit that it's impossible for indies to enter the industry without affirmative action and quotas. CDProject Red managed to do this without handouts. Are white straight men superior to all other configurations of person? No? Then why do you act as if this is the case?

>leads to even more stagnation
The entirety of cultural and artistic history in ethnically homogeneous nations across the globe disagrees with you. The issue is that you don't understand how periods of art and culture work, and you likely assume that everyone during the italian renaissance enjoyed everything that was going on in that ~200 year period. Evolution of a medium takes time, and the misinterpretation (and often deliberate obfuscation) of lingering as stagnation is simply preposterous.
>>
File: commoditization.png (62KB, 953x290px) Image search: [Google]
commoditization.png
62KB, 953x290px
The fact of the matter is that gaming was better, more diverse, and more innovative when it was 95% the domain of straight white and asian guys and no one cared about politics. From the 70s to about 2007.

That was also when you had great characters like Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile or Joanna from Perfect Dark without anyone really caring about it. Fucking killer7 had a woman, a Mexican, a kid, a black man, an old guy, and a homosexual albino as its main characters. Look at F-Zero GX or Jet Set Radio.

Diversity of perspective and representation can be good things, but for their own sake it's lousy, especially if all it comes to is inserting political agendas and making everything politically correct. That's not diversity, that's the opposite, that's trying to limit a designer's options to 'reach a wider audience'. Instead of Call of Duty every year, you'll get politically correct Call of Duty with egalitarian/liberal social politics every year. Pretty much playing into the businessmen's hands since all they have to do is 'embrace diversity' to get more sales instead of doing anything actually meaningful or innovative or make a good game. Look at how EA hides behind social issues despite being one of the most anti-consumer and destructive gaming companies, and people give them a pass.

The lack of meaningful diversity comes down to economics, and the modern market being driven by casuals while the innovators and enthusiasts who cared about the medium have moved on.
>>
>>323999545
>capitalistic
That image confuses capitalism for corporatism.

EA doesn't crush companies because they mean to, but because they're so fucking stupid that they're incapable of successfully handling any franchise other than a madden or a fifa without ruining it.
>>
>>323999545
> enthusiasts who cared about the medium have moved on.

except they haven't moved on. they've just become diluted in the pool become ocean so as to be harder to notice
>>
This thread proves /v/ is good for the most part.
>>
>>323989107
>sjw bunny
AYY LMAO HE'S A KEK
>>
File: hol up.jpg (4KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
4KB, 100x100px
>>323989874
>Can literally 'Punch out Cthulhu'
>Great Ones are portrayed in a sympathetic light a lot of the time.
>Pseudo-intellectual Lovecraftfags who haven't actually read Lovecraft say that it's like Lovecraft's work.
>>
File: 1451523501998.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451523501998.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>find out a good review of LA noire
>dude is a total sjw being man is bad and white people are the devil
>mfw
>>
>>323989874
>>323989957
>>324002483
Do i smell pc players?
i think i do
goddamn cucks infesting this board
>>
>>324000974

Most of them have definitely moved on, or killed themselves. The OG innovators and enthusiasts would be too old by now, and there's just no equivalent in this current generation where everyone grew up when gaming was huge.

You can especially see this in Japan.

>>324000995
>one tolerable thread at 3AM out of thousands means /v/ is good

'no'
>>
File: 1434744472110.jpg (64KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1434744472110.jpg
64KB, 554x439px
>>324002665
Hey, at least is something.
>>
>>324002483
>Great Ones are portrayed in a sympathetic light a lot of the time.

Have you read At the Mountains of Madness?
>>
>>323990750
I don't think he's saying games are getting bad, or are bad, or are worsening because the industry is mostly white males.
He's just saying that adding in cultural diversity (not just skin color, but people from different cultures) will increase the number of quality games.

And he's right. It's the only call for diversity I've seen that makes sense, though obviously the way to approach it is nearly impossible.
More influences from people in cultures such as Latino, French, Spanish, Irish, various African cultures, central Asia, Russia etc. would likely serve to dish out a bunch of new games that are distinct from stuff out in the market today.

I don't think the approach should be to establish quotas and force existing companies to hire certain groups of people, or force them to work on certain types of games like many SJWs would demand, but I think the industry would widely benefit from new studios that attempt to take a unique culture and use their own experiences as basis for some game, in the same way that the Witcher series is bathed in Polish culture, and STALKER is bathed in Ukrainian culture.
>>
>>323989107
Fuck off. You're literally as bad as Reddit because you just want a hugbox.

Some people in this thread are so fucked up. Not agreeing with Btongue on his stance on social issues doesn't make him any less of a legendary games commentator.
>>
>>324003526
I agree with you completely, but you have to agree that he somewhat dropped the ball on making an actual reasonable, robust argument for a pragmatic reason for diversity. That's not disagreeing with his opinion, its thinking he has dropped in standards
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.