[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 22

File: Dorian.jpg (98KB, 620x352px) Image search: [Google]
Dorian.jpg
98KB, 620x352px
So I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for the first time and I just made out with Dorian for the first time, I'm playing a male mage who is supportive of his fellow mages and wants to bring peace to the world, blah blah blah. Anyway I never originally planned to have a gay inquisitor, it just sort of, happened. When I first met Dorian I loved his personality and he has such a way with words, when I watched my inquisitor make out with him I felt kind of disgusted but quickly got over it. I really just was going for a "Best Friend" sort of relationship with Dorian but the game doesn't let you have that with companions apparently.

Also fuck Cassandra, I wanted to romance her but every time I flirted with her she "Disapproved" because she is an uptight cunt who doesn't seem to have time for romance, seriously fuck people like her. I read a lot of people favored Cassandra over other females but jesus christ she is so tough to flirt with, let alone getting into a relationship with her. Josephine or Liliana would be much easier, especially Josephine, seems like she'll rip her clothes off and beg you pound her like an animal if you get close enough to her.

TL;DR Dorian has the ability to make anyone fall in love with him.
>>
>>323974131
Even lesbians.
>>
>>323974131
Sounds gay, anon.
>>
>>323974337
That's because it is gay, incredibly gay but it's Dorian so I'm making an exception because Dorian is a god at appealing to people.

>>323974328
I'd believe it
>>
I really hope this is pasta.

All that was going for him was
>hey, son, you gotta keep the family, tevinter is not an easy place to live, it will not be easy if you are a sassy faggot, so we will make you straight so that you can carry on the family's legacy with a cute grill
>"lol, fuck you dad"
>*chokes on Iron Bull's cock*
>>
File: 3.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>323974131
It's a shame that there only 2 good looking females in DAI and neither of them are romanceable.
>>
>>323974631
I heard that if you don't romance Dorian than he ends up getting into a relationship with Iron Bull but the point is that I did end up getting into a relationship with him and not Iron Bull.

I can see how people would have hated him because he is homosexual but I still think he had a fun personality compared to other male companions in the game and most companions in general. I mean did you even listen to his banter and conversations? I feel like the only people who would have hated Dorian are people who had something about him being homosexual and opened about it.

Also this is not pasta, I typed this out word for word so deal with it.

>>323974848
I just got her to join the inquisition, I didn't know she wasn't romanceable and that makes me sad now, she is definitely better looking than most of the females.
>>
File: cassandraboob.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cassandraboob.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>323974131
I romanced Cassandra on my first playthough with a mage. Was worth it to see her tits in the end.
>>
>>323974848
If Morrigan was romancable I'd be pissed cheating on the warden with the kid in the house.

FUcking bitch
>>
>>323974631
His dad don't want to make him straight he just wants an hire and he's willing to use blood magic to get one, because Doritos to much of a selfish sissyboy cock hoarding race traitor to just take one for the team.
>>
File: leliana-BG.jpg (180KB, 1920x940px) Image search: [Google]
leliana-BG.jpg
180KB, 1920x940px
>>323975025
Leli isn't romanceable either, in case you were wondering.
>>
>>323975046
I guess it was worth it? She seems like a bitch and almost impossible to romance, every time I flirted she got mad at me.
>>
>>323975465
Oh shit I didn't know that?!?! I mean I wasn't interested in romancing her but I noticed that the game never gave me dialogue to flirt with her, oh well.

I think Josephine is cuter desu
>>
>>323974848
>Morrigan
>Looking good on Inquisition

Nah, familia.

>>323975025
I dislike him because he is extremely one-dimensional, I've had him in my party for quite a lot of time, while the banter was entertaining, it was always like this
>so we did this and that
>*witty retort*

>so hey Dorian, how is tevinter?
>[opresshun intensifies]

>with other mages
>hey Dorian
>*witty retort*
>fuck you, you make us look bad
>[opresshun intensifies]

>>323975465
It would not make much sense her being romanceable, specially if she died on your playtrough of Origins.

>>323975650
Cassandra is objectively the best woman in this game.
>>
>>323975164
Morrigan doesnt have morals cause that runs afoul of her strong confident female arch type.

>>323974131
Its just like DA2, either you make out with gay Osama Bin Laden or you take a penalty to combat.
>>
File: 38.png (438KB, 1026x660px) Image search: [Google]
38.png
438KB, 1026x660px
>>323975803
>thinks Morrigan is not looking good in DAI
>calls fucking Cassandra the best woman in it

If you're into dudes, you can just admit it you know.
>>
>>323975803
>Cassandra is objectively the best woman in this game.

Best women, hardest to get into bed with, makes sense.

I still think Josephine would be a complete slut in the bedroom though and in general if you were alone with her. I wouldn't mind her sucking me off on my private balcony in Skyhold.
>>
>>323976138
I'm not trying to defend him or take sides but there are a lot of men who find tomboyish girls to be attractive, especially when they act overly masculine.

It's kind of hot seeing Cassandra act like a slut woman for once seeing as how she never does in public.
>>
>>323976138
I'm talking about more than just external beauty, while Morrigan has a nice body, she's a fucking vapid and amoral bitch.

While Cassandra may not look as good, she actually cares about her people and is ready to give use her life as a way of making people's life better. She also loves the MC. While Morrigan on Origin's is just using him for sex, money and ancient-god-babies.
>>
>>323976157

how the fuck can you be a slut in the bedroom

I mean, you're already going to have sex, how much sluttier could it possibly be
>>
File: 1452009325632.jpg (3MB, 3412x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1452009325632.jpg
3MB, 3412x1470px
I like Cass desu
>>
Isn't that kind of Cassandra's thing, though? She's pretty Tsundere, always disapproving until you finally get past her hard exterior of her heart and get to the romance novel-loving girl with dreams of being a princess.
>>
Wasn't there a whole quest line devoted to him coming out to his parents?
Why the fuck is that in an RPG about dragons and shit?
>>
>Cassandra is hard to romance
All you have to do is flirt with her over and over. She disapproves in the beginning because you're a prisoner and someone who she thinks killed the Divine, she's not going to just jump your bones. Just keep at it and she'll spread her legs with very little effort.
I agree that Dorian is surprisingly the best companion in the game. I don't know how you "accidently" made out with him because there's a "start romance with Dorian" option but I guess it could have been clearer.
>>
Blackwall has the best companion quest and the most interesting backstory.
>>
>>323976991
The mary-sue-ish thing about Morrigan is that she only acts like a shitty person because that's what she's been led to believe is the only way to survive in the world. She knows she is being a shitty person but the Warden shows that she doesn't have to be like that and that it's possible to be close to someone without having them want anything from you like sucking out your soul and inhabiting your body.

In that way she's very unrealistic as nobody who rationally acknowledges their shittiness could continue to be shitty because reason dictates they tone it down a bit. A real-life person who behaves like Morrigan is a horrible person through and through and never understands that they're being horrible people, often blaming others for their position in life.

But it's fiction. And I love my escapism. And Morrigan is perfect in that way. She's antagonistic but can be generous, loving, loyal, tolerant, and honest.
>>
>>323974131

>I really just was going for a "Best Friend" sort of relationship with Dorian but the game doesn't let you have that with companions apparently.

Only it does, if you're on good terms with Dorian and don't flirt with him he talks a lot toward the endgame about how you're the only real friend he has, etc. You can bro it up with Dorian without needing to fuck him.

In other news, Lace Harding a best waifu, fite me
>>
File: 1421295965654.jpg (384KB, 738x841px) Image search: [Google]
1421295965654.jpg
384KB, 738x841px
>>323974131
>I just made out with Dorian for the first time
>>
>>323977442

Damn son, nice conclusion to jump to

Dorian mentions explicity the reason his dad disapproved of him, not because he was gay per se, but rather in Tevinter among nobility marriages and children are managed tightly as a form of eugenics. What those people then do behind closed doors is considered acceptable, if taboo to discuss.

Dorian was shunned because he refused to marry a woman his parents had chosen for her desirable genes. He mentions that he could have gotten away with being gay in Tevinter had he accepted a loveless marriage.

The reconciling with his father questline was a good bit of worldbuilding actually.
>>
>>323974131

>Play final DLC
>Dorian gives me a crystal so we can text each other

10/10 bff
>>
>>323978603
>bff
what's that stand for?
butt fucking faggot?

fucking queers
>>
>>323975465

>Trying to NTR your grey warden
>>
>>323978736
Anon, your stupid is showing
>>
>>323978837
at least i'm not so dumb that i confuse mens' butthole for acceptable things to put my penis inside
>>
File: harding.gif (1MB, 245x315px) Image search: [Google]
harding.gif
1MB, 245x315px
>All this talk of DAI waifus

>No-one brings up best girl

Who DOESN'T want a cute freckly shortstack?
>>
>>323978832
My Grey Warden is gone and he shouldn't be able to cockblock me a fucking decade later.
>>
>>323978952

What about a woman's butthole

Is that okay?
>>
>>323979165
I remember that guy at bioware saying that if you're into dwarfs you are a pedophile.
>>
>>323979272
no, but that's for entirely different reasons.

buttholes are for things coming out. not things going in.
>>
>>323979301
What does that say about them when they let you flirt with her?
>>
>>323979301
He was literally grasping for straws to justify his feeling of "Stop liking what I don't like".
Bioware employs nothing but hambeasts and manchildren.
>>
>>323977074
>Implying having sex makes a woman a slut

I'm pointing out that Josephine is noble and lady-like in general but I bet when she is in the bedroom she becomes "Kinkier" if that makes more sense. I'm saying that some woman may not have sexual or perverse side to them but when they get in the bedroom it's like they become a different person.

>>323977261
I think she is cute but her personality is shit when it comes to flirting, I know she isn't about that so I have to give her some layaway.

I mean imagining Cassandra but a slut for me is hot though
>>
>>323979301
Didn't that guy leave the company? So now maybe we can bang some dwarves in DA4?
>>
>>323979497

I get the feeling they changed a load of staff for DAI from DA2. The writing was a hell of a lot better at least.
>>
>>323975046
She looks like a fucking corpse.
>>
>>323979637
As someone who fucking despised both DAII and ME3, I can agree with this.
DA:I had pretty alright writing, even if the gameplay was tedious and boring. At least it wasn't a complete pile of shit through and through like DAII.
>>
>>323979629

You can bang Harding in DA:I, you just need the Trespasser DLC if I remember right
>>
>>323977651
>I don't know how you "accidentally" made out with him because there's a "start romance with Dorian" option but I guess it could have been
clearer.

Yes I should have phrased that part better, what I meant by "Accidentally" is the fact that I never intended to flirt/get sexual/physically involved with another male in the game but Dorian's witty humor and personality just captivated me.

I chose to flirt with him because it was part of how I wanted to roleplay my character, I wanted to build a "best friend" style relationship with Dorian and I figured doing the romance dialogue was just all in good fun, eventually it got to the point where after he met his father we just ended up making out, I wanted to be their for Dorian and give him morale support while he dealt with his father. I didn't think there was anything wrong or "gay" about that but I think Dorian read it as "Oh he obviously sees me more than a friend", now I am aware that doing heart dialogue options means that you will be flirting/romancing with the character but like I said, all in good fun with Dorian.
>>
>>323979806

>Tedious and boring

Did you not fuck about with Masterwork crafting? You can make some broken as fuck builds. Just finished a playthough with a rogue, had an alpha strike combo that'd about ~20 times in under two seconds
>>
>>323979841
>You can bang Harding

Well, not on screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdsQZEbEhbI
>>
>>323980050
>but Dorian's witty humor and personality just captivated me.
sounds like you're some kind of cocksucking faggot, anon
it only took one video game for you to catch the gay
>>
File: 1245958346154.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1245958346154.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>323980050
>we just ended up making out
>I didn't think there was anything wrong or "gay" about that
>>
>>323980143

Man, you're overcompensating like fuck, it's okay anon, there's no names attached here, you can freely discuss all of the things you put up your ass while shitposting
>>
File: 1452807084190.jpg (665KB, 1280x1890px) Image search: [Google]
1452807084190.jpg
665KB, 1280x1890px
>>323979629
Didn't leave Bioware but he's no longer working on Dragon Age.
>>
>>323975803
>woman
Lol
>>
>>323980050

I have a friend who ended up in a gay relationship in almost this exact way. Weird.
>>
>>323980050
I agree. Dorian really surprised me. Gaider is hit and miss with his characters. Dorian, Alistair, and Morrigan are all great but Orsino and Fenris are dog shit.
>>
>>323980341
the only one compensating here is you, fruity.

look, we all know you got tricked into the gay. it happens. one minute you're just talking to some guy trying to be his friend, and the next, your mouth is filled to the brim with cock.

it's a common bait and switch technique employed by the homosexuals.
>>
>dialogue is extremely streamlined when it comes to romances
>people "accidentaly" romancing gay characters

:^)
>>
>>323980129
Did not care for the combat at all. They claimed it would go back to DA ROOTZ, and have tactical combat like DA:O, but that turned out to be false.

But that just made the game somewhat boring for me.
What made the game tedious was the fucking war room. I haven't heard anyone but pure-bred bioware zealots say anything positive about that aspect of the game. It was 100% filler to make the game longer.
>>
>>323974131

>TL;DR Dorian has the ability to make anyone fall in love with him.

No he doesn't, it's just shitty hamfisted writing. You're either his gay lover, or you're his worst enemy. You can't just be friends with him.
>>
>>323980567

To be honest none of the characters in Inquisition wound me up apart from Sera and Vivienne. The rest were all pretty good.
>>
File: 1424775339311.png (233KB, 655x703px) Image search: [Google]
1424775339311.png
233KB, 655x703px
>>323980050
>I was merely pretending to be gay!
>>
>>323980580

Given your intimate knowledge on the subject I assume you know all about it first-hand
>>
>>323980660
>You can't just be friends with him.
Friends to this faggot means somebody who will suck his dick.
>>
>>323980648
The War Room bits would have been alright if they ever gave you decent loot. Lots of worldbuilding in there though, so there's that.
>>
>>323980660

I finished DAI about two days ago and was broing it up with Dorian with no romance at all. No idea where you got that from.
>>
>>323980828
no, sir. no homosexual and their queer pedobaiting ways will grip their way into my home, country, or heart.

my road i drive is straighter than the left side of my bible, and the only copilot i need is god
>>
File: 1324827512250.jpg (86KB, 907x985px) Image search: [Google]
1324827512250.jpg
86KB, 907x985px
>>323974131
i heard that dorian is the best character on DA CISQUICITION so i may play the game but there is a way to be best bross with him without him wanting to bust a nut inside of me or i have to go full homo just to be his pal?
>>
>>323981032
>broing it up with Dorian with no romance at all
Is that what you faggots are calling emotionless sex nowadays?

>>323981104
If his spunk isn't covering at least half of your face, there's no way this faggot would call you his friend.
>>
>>323980921
They would have been alright if they had been instant-complete things that unlocked every other mission or so just for world-building.
Having to keep the game running in the background just so you could clean up the table was fucking bullshit.
>>
>>323980660
You either didn't play the game or didn't try very hard. All you have to do is choose the "nice" option every time, don't flirt with him and you end up best buds with him almost immediately.

>>323980735
I like Sera. She was annoying at first, but she grew on me. Vivienne grew on me too simply because she was always in my party (knight enchanter is broken as fuck). Only character I did not like was Iron Bull. His dialogue is so cringey he just doesn't do anything except sit on his fat ass.
>>
>>323981104
like any bioware game. Just max out influence meter and stay away from "we bang ok" dialog
>>
>>323981260
>she grew on me
Like a fucking tumor?
>>
>>323978185
>Not wanting to make out with the most attractive and fun-loving male in the game

What are you? A faggot?

>>323978082
>>323979165
>Lace Harding a best waifu, fite me

You are probably in a very small, small minority anon.

>>323978952
And here we have someone who hates when video games depict homosexual, I love people like you anon, you are fun to laugh at for being so insecure.

>>323980340
>What is reading comprehension

I meant that there was nothing "gay" about providing morale support for your friend when he deals with something like comforting his father about this sexuality, jesus learn reading comprehension.

>>323980580
That guy isn't OP, I'm OP.

>>323980587
See
>>323980050

Do you people not fucking read the entire thread? Way to just come into a thread, see one post and make an assumption.

>>323980143
>Liking an openly homosexual character makes you a cock sucking faggot

I take it you don't have any openly homosexual friends, you seem like the type that is completely against anyone you know who is openly homosexual but I have some openly homosexual friends and they are great people to hang out with, way to be a narrow-minded asshole.

>>323980741
You do realize some of the heart dialogue options for Dorian weren't even really gay, I picked them because they sounded better than all the other options, not sure why that makes me gay.

>>323980735
>To be honest none of the characters in Inquisition wound me up apart from Sera and Vivienne.

Agreed, Sera is a retarded brat with the mental capacity and attention span of a 7 year old girl and Vivienne is the most snobby, pretentious, narcissistic and arrogant female in the game, granted she is from nobility and has a background that shows why she acts that way.

>>323981069
>Major religious zealot detected

I just love how you are fighting tooth and nail to denounce Dorian as a shit character because he was homosexual, did you look at anything besides his sexuality?
>>
>>323981104

Nope, you can bro it up without any homosex at all.

>>323981228

I don't know if it was because I'd put the PS4 into rest mode and it kept ticking over, but I tended to leave the 5/6 hour ones 'til I went to bed, and it'd be done when I came back.
>>
File: 1422464002385.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422464002385.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>323974131
All the romanceable women made me nauseous so I modded the ugly elf girl to be nicer looking and romanceable by guys. Still fugly but elves have an inherit fuckability.
>>
>>323981297
but if he says "i want to bang you" and i say no, he will hate me for that?
>>
>>323980050
I think there was a scene with him sometime after getting the inquisition HQ where he and one of the chantry higher ups are in a shouting match with each other over some rumors about you two coming from him being close to you. He then asks you if you actually do want to pursue a romance with him or if its just joking/friendly flirting. It came for me before the personal quest for him so I thought it was a mandatory step in the romance
>>
>>323981260

>Not liking Iron Bull

Some of his later dialogues were fucking hysterical, especially if you go dragon hunting with him. Sera was just petulant, her being in the Inquisition didn't make sense.
>>
>>323981432
>sucking his dick is basically giving him a pat on the back when he feels down

That's you, sissy boy.
>>
>>323981482
No he isn't Anders. I don't think he even proposes sex unless you flirt with him first.
>>
>>323981432
It makes you gay because you went out of your way to pick the flirt options.
>>
>>323978452
>The reconciling with his father questline was a good bit of worldbuilding actually
Not really. It was pretty cliche and cringeworthy you faggot.
>>
>>323981482

Nope, as long as you're not a dick about it.

>>323981432
>You are probably in a very small, small minority anon.
>in a small, small minority

kek
>>
>>323981432
>What are you? A faggot?
no, sir. i am not a faggot. i would never condone the homosextual lifestyle.

>And here we have someone who hates when video games depict homosexual, I love people like you anon, you are fun to laugh at for being so insecure.
i never once said herein the quality of any video game. i was only rightfully putting down the queer influence from corrupting the youth.

>That guy isn't OP, I'm OP.
and a mighty gay one at that.

>I take it you don't have any openly homosexual friends, you seem like the type that is completely against anyone you know who is openly homosexual but I have some openly homosexual friends and they are great people to hang out with, way to be a narrow-minded asshole.
if by "hang out" you mean standing around with your cocks hanging out while you wait for one of your other queerboys to suck it, then, yes, i could see how somebody as gay as you would enjoy having homosexual companions.

>I just love how you are fighting tooth and nail to denounce Dorian as a shit character because he was homosexual, did you look at anything besides his sexuality?
saying he is a shit character would imply he has any character, but as we all know, no homosexual will ever have any ounce of character because they are all spineless, wimpy, cock-starved aids-dispensers.
>>
>>323981747

>Learning about Tevinter eugenics programs
>Finding about how their upper class behave

It was pretty good. Not my fault you get a hateboner for DA GAYZ

>>323981624

Seriously, is gay sex all you faggots ever think about?
>>
>>323974131
You're gay, OP. Congrats.
>>
I'll never get to have hot gay Dwarf sex with Varric.
>>
>>323981331
Yea it surprised me too. When she's in the party and shouting dumb jokes I can't defend that she's annoying as hell, but when back at Skyhold, talking one on one she developed more of a character. I'm not saying she's great, but I definitely didn't hate her like everyone else seems to.
>>
>>323981482
He won't ever ask unless you flirt with him multiple times. They make sure to put the flirt options off to the side with an obvious marker so it's pretty impossible to mess up. OP is just a faggot.
>>
>>323981751
>Nope, as long as you're not a dick about it.
being a dick is the best way to a homosexual's heart because all they have on their minds is the wrongful lust for cock

ergo, your advice is completely untrustworthy and probably that from the jewish gay influence.
>>
>>323981432
The only reason Harding is even romanceable in the DLC is because her rabid fanbase demanded it and the devs caved in. People are obsessed with her.
>>
>>323982257

Well it's their fault in the first place that there's barely any decent waifu material in vanilla.
>>
File: hE4CDE99F.png (304KB, 497x362px) Image search: [Google]
hE4CDE99F.png
304KB, 497x362px
So, about the game itself. Is it any fun? I have it but haven't gotten around to installing it yet; kind of leery after the intense disappointment of II. And most of what I've read seems underwhelming.
>>
>>323981104
OP here, according to the majority so far in this thread they've said you can be best bros with Dorian and not flirt with him or anything like that, I didn't know that before flirting with him so it's too late for to go back now also I've invested about 55-60 hours into my current file so I'm kind of over it already, I don't really see it as a big deal.

I do like Dorian

>>323981201
>If his spunk isn't covering at least half of your face, there's no way this faggot would call you his friend.

Everyone ignore this douchebag, he is hellbent on proving that Dorian was the worst character in the game strictly because of his sexuality. He is so intoxicated on religion and the bible that he is offended when a video game company decides to create an openly homosexual character into a game.

If you are so fucking butthurt about why don't you write Bioware and tell them how "offended" you were that Dorian was homosexual and open about it, I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it. You sound like the feminists who probably wrote video game companies everyday bitching about how they depict female characters, in short I'm saying you are just as bad as a feminist who has a problem with how female characters are depicted in video games/media.

>>323981624
Troll harder, you clearly have nothing better to do.

>>323981647
>you went out of your way to pick the flirt options.

If me liking the flirt dialogue over the normal dialogue makes me gay than so be it, it's retarded logic on your part but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if it makes you feel like you won.

>>323981751
You seem to have a very strong hatred towards homosexuals, I mean very strong hatred, granted that's really nothing new since there are tons of people like you but still that's some pretty strong hatred for homosexuals.

I take it you come from a strong religious family? Was it something your father and mother were strongly against? Just curious
>>
>>323982447

Pretty good.

Nice and long, variety in quests, good dialogue trees, loot drops aren't often great but made up for by slightly OP crafting. The first one's still my favourite but not by much.
>>
>>323982516
>HUALAHGLAGLGHALGHALGHALHG the post

The real problem is not that you're gay but that you choose the worst fucking game to be gay in
>>
>>323982447
It's alright. Suffers partly because they went with big open zones and forgot to put enough interesting things in them so you're stuck with a bunch of boring sidequests that often have you running from one side to the other.
>>
>>323982029
I'd prefer gay Dwarf sex with Renn from Descent.
>>
>>323982516
the only people hellbent in this thread are the homosexual menace, such as yourself

oh, you "accidentally" flirted with some queer, and then you "accidentally" kissed him, and then you "accidentally" started sucking his twitching shaft as his rugged member leaked precum like a busted faucet leaks water
>>
>>323982516

>323981751 (You)
>You seem to have a very strong etc etc etc

Methinks you quoted the wrong post there.
>>
>>323982717
Man, fuck off. DA:I is shit for entirely different reasons than the romance options and party members' personalities. Hell, even the cringey piece of shit spirit boy with the deviantart background is actually pretty well developed with some good dialogue.
>>
File: 1451885268451.jpg (9KB, 261x191px) Image search: [Google]
1451885268451.jpg
9KB, 261x191px
>DAI thread on vee
>it's a shitpost about gay sex
>completely civil discussion in the thread
am I out of touch
>>
>>323982447
I wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone game if you haven't played the other two, but if you have, I assume you like the story and want to see it continue, so yes go for it.
It's better than 2 but not as good as Origins imo. Needs more story missions and less open, empty zones.
>>
>>323975803

Even if Leliana died in Origins she returns in DAI, if you question her about it she just says the maker must have saved her.

Even if you fucking burned her to the bone, in a way this is the only prove the maker exists in the dragon age universe.
>>
>>323982949
>DA:I is shit for entirely different reasons than the romance options and party members' personalities.
>Hey, let's make a game where you have to directly interact with a group of people whom you adventure with and hear from them regularly
>and then lets make them all massive fucking faggots and dipshits
10/10 idea
no, you're completely right. the terrible characters aren't a big problem in a game where the characters are part of the game's focus.
>>
I really want to play this game again.

Maybe a mine-focused Knight-Enchanter. Ice and Fire Mines with the array upgrades, use Energy Barrage to charge the blade, etc.? Chaotic Focus, of course.

Could be fun.
>>
>>323983156
I didn't think they were so insufferable other than Sera and Viv. Plus you can kick pretty much everyone out.
>>
Whatever you do, don't pick the templar skill tree once you get the quest. The skills are quite garbage and don't even work as intended.
>>
>>323983289
Sorry, anon, I was going into maximum overmeme.

I haven't played the game.

Yet.
>>
>>323983231

What was your last playthough? I just got finished with a Tempest Rogue with a 20% chance hidden blades through masterworks, and my fucking god dat attack speed.
>>
>>323983156
Play the game before you talk shit, anon.
>>
Why won't Blackwall put his dick in my Dwarf?
>>
>>323983467
how about you suck my dick?
>>
>>323983125
If you killed her in Origins, at the end of the Trespasser DLC, it's revealed she was some kind of lyrium ghost and was actually dead all along o0o0o0o0oooo
>>
>>323983371
It ok

it's a slog but still pretty nice. If you git gud you can skip past 90% of the mmo sidequests, but there are a couple that are fun to do such as Ishmael in Emprise Du Lion and the companion quests.
>>
>>323982068
Like I said if me liking the romance dialogue more than the standard dialogue makes me a faggot than so be it, I already pointed out that parts the romantic dialogue wasn't even gay in my eyes.

>Dorian: "You must think horribly of me"

>*Inquisitor's romance option dialogue: "If anything I think more of you"

I don't see how that dialogue implies you are fucking gay, I'd say this to a good friend of mine in real life if he had to do what Dorian did with his father.

You people are so homophobic it's laughable, half the romantic dialogue with Dorian was not even homosexual in nature.

>>323982885
Yeah I did, the guy I responsed to know knows who he is. He is basically the troll in this thread that keeps denouncing homosexuality to the point where it's annoying, I know he is doing it on purpose and I'm just feeding him attention.

>>323983047
I was trying to make a general DA:I thread discussion but it quickly turned into a few people derailing my thread because I flirted and romanced Dorian and now I'm a faggot for it apparently.

I can't really salvage it now so whatever, I'm kind of over it at this point.

>>323983231
Personally as someone who went Knight-Enchanter, I think Spirit Blade is shit now. You have to keep it fully charged and even than it won't hit for as much damage as you wanted it to.

The most damage I've seen done is by Duel-Wielding Rogue Assassin Specs, if you want HIGH and I mean HIGH burst damage than go DW Assassin spec rogues, I saw one guy hit for 25k and he was doing 7k to 8k damage, just build high crit dmg bonus and crit chance and you'll be dropping people like crazy.

KE is good for barrier support like infinite barrier generation or reflecting damage back at opponents but Spirit Blade is kind of garbage now, you have to keep it full and it won't hit for a ton of damage.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm not building my KE correctly but my KE does shit damage with Spirit Blade, the most I hit with it was 1200.
>>
>>323983508

Because he's straight. Pretty sure he tells you outright if you try and hit on him as a man.

Some of the romance options are really narrow. Solas, for example, only goes for you if you're a female elf, anyone else he'll turn down.
>>
>>323983508
because that's heresy

>>323983696
>I can't really salvage it now
I dunno man, it seems to be doing pretty well from my perspective. This thread actually looks normal.
>>
>>323983696
>Duel-Wielding Rogue Assassin Specs
That's what I went with, like always. Mark of Death + Stealth crits + Hidden Blades + Mark of the Rift = instantly dead dragons.
>>
What happens to the child of the warden from DAO? Does that go anywhere?
>>
>>323983536

That's new for me, thanks, and well... i guess it is just bioware making things up to cover plot holes, it is now quite common sadly.
>>
>>323983696
>I can't really salvage it now so whatever, I'm kind of over it at this point.

Have you been here before? The shitposting in this thread's been mostly at a minimum.

All in all this is probably the best DAI thread I've seen on here. Got actual discussion and everything.
>>
>>323983696
>the romantic dialogue wasn't even gay
you're so deep in fagdom, you can't even tell it apart anymore
the lines are so blurred, all you see are vague silhouettes of dicks when you look at your fellow man
abandon all hope

>denouncing homosexuality to the point where it's annoying
it's only annoying because in the back of your mind is the last bastion of heterosexuality screaming at you for your lustful wrongdoings

>I was trying to make a general
generals belong on /vg/ cakeboi

>Maybe I'm doing something wrong
and homosexuality is first and foremost that thing
>>
>>323975465
>>323978832
If you killed Leliana in Origins she's not even really Leliana in Inquisition. Lyrium Ghost. Because that exists.

Fuck you Bioware.
>>
>>323983453
Bow Assassin. Tempest actually sounds really awesome, too.

>>323983696
Spirit Blade isn't your main attack anymore. It hits harder than it used to, but only when it's fully charged, so you use it as a close-range nuke.

K-E shines with Chaotic Focus because it's so easy to keep yourself at full barrier--dumping half your barrier to supercharge your spells is no big deal. Fire Mine does an obscene amount of damage, and using the array upgrade (where you spread three of them in front of you at melee range instead of just laying one down) means you can kind of just zip around the battlefield point-blank shotgunning people with fire.

Energy Barrage also charges Spirit Blade just about immediately (on top of doing good damage itself). If you can group enemies together, you can zip in with Fade Step, throw down ice mines to freeze them, Energy Barrage them, lay down Fire Mines, then smack them with a fully-charged Spirit Blade while the mines explode and do ridiculous damage.

K-E is as strong as it's ever been, it just isn't an immortal "hold down Spirit Blade" class anymore.
>>
>>323983696
A lot of the flirt options aren't really flirtatious as much as banter. I wish they would take away those shit icons already and give more obvious indications of come-ons as well as options that may flag romantic interest. Makes for more natural misunderstandings and surprises along the way.

>>323983927
He's a good boy and does nothing but swing through the uncanny valley and give grandma his soul
>>
>>323983909
It actually killed the penultimate boss of Jaws of Hakkon so fast, I wasn't able to get an achievement.

>>323983927
Flemeth takes the Old God soul out of him and has an actual moment with Morrigan.

>>323984075
Lyrium Ghosts have been a thing since Origins. Remember the Temple of Sacred Ashes? You know, that place where you kill Leliana.
>>
>>323983696
>I can't really salvage it now
It's as unsalvageable as the remnants of your completely shattered shitter
>>
>>323984074
You've spent almost the last hour talking about how much you hate the gays, which means you've spend the last hour thinking about it. Think about it more, anon. Think about all those sweaty bodies you want fighting over your tight virgin ass. We can do this all night
>>
>>323983927
Yes he comes back.
>>
>>323984263
i've spent my whole life fighting the homosexual menace. one hour is nothing to save souls from an eternity in damnation.
>>
File: fuck.png (45KB, 437x416px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
45KB, 437x416px
>>323984075
>>323984230
How the fuck does a lyrium ghost even work anyway given that Lyrium is basically Living Mountain spunk
>>
>>323974131
>Anyway I never originally planned to have a gay inquisitor, it just sort of, happened
riiiiiiiiight. faggot you are bioware audience
>>
>>323984082

High damage builds with the Tempest rift power annihilates crowds. Use masterwork to give yourself 20% hidden blades, drop the potion that gives you no cooldown and use spinning blades repeatedly. You can hit enemies 10-20 times a second, get a high crit chance and it's pure rape
>>
File: 1427898728202.jpg (40KB, 496x480px) Image search: [Google]
1427898728202.jpg
40KB, 496x480px
>come back to this shitty since you can pirate all of the updates and DLC now
>they gutted Knight Enchanter
Wooooow.
>>
>>323984191

>and give more obvious indications of come-ons

The icon for flirting is literally a big red valentines heart, how the fuck can you be confused by it?
>>
>>323974131
Relationships in Dragon Age is a lot like that comic about the out of work job consultant. In the end, if you don't like dogs, then you end up being gay.
>>
>>323984473
Lyrium is very mysterious. Nobody really knows what it is 100%. It just does weird magical stuff and emits a song.
>>
>>323984513
I just looked up a video of someone playing Tempest and goddamn, that's a fuckload of damage. I forgot that you can stop time as a Tempest, too.

Man, I really like playing a Mage Inquisitor for story reasons, but Tempest is looking pretty fucking good.
>>
>>323984646

KE was fucking broken even compared to other OP builds though.
>>
>>323984646
Given that KE could solo dragons a good five levels above them on nightmare mode I think rightly so

>>323984656
I meant in the shorthand indicator of what you're going to say and removing the icons entirely. A flirt option can range anywhere from "let's fuck in the swamp" to "I support you not being a meth addict"
>>
>>323982949

>Implying I said anything about the characters
>Implying the characters aren't shit
>Implying the gameplay if you can call it that is any good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUbLL3J0__o

>not playing this game and getting that wonderful motherfucker as a waifu
>>
>>323984758
What happens if you smoke it?
Theoretically?
>>
>>323984838
If you're a Mage, you die. Anyone else, you probably just go crazy.
>>
>>323983315
I must admit Wrath of Heaven is probably the only nice skill plus the one that gives your party 50% attack damage if you die but who wants to do that shit, honestly the only point in specalizing in Templar is if you want to do it for roleplay purposes.

I wanted to roll a Templar Knight just for the sake of role playing as one, I do enjoy Templar's in general not just in DA: I, granted the Templar's in DA:I are kind of shit.

>>323983739
Actually I read that you can romance Blackwall, maybe it was just fake information? Or it's just incredibly difficult to romance him.

>>323983909
Yesss, sadly my main file is a KE Mage so I usually just control Cole since I run him in my party. Cole is an DW Assassin spec rogue so it's technically the same thing, he just isn't my inquisitor.

I think it's fun though, I love using Hidden Blades and Mark of Death so much damage and the crit damage is so high. I love hitting people for 8k or 10k damage, I saw one guy hit a 25k crit, I'm pretty much convinced it does the highest damage in the game, at least next to Reaver Warriors or Archer Assassins.

Honestly Mage doesn't do high damage but it's still decent, the burning status effect does good DOT damage especially if you take Necromancy, I did that with Dorian and he does pretty good damage because of the multiple DOTS on the enemy, basically Fire + Necromancry is a good combo for a mage if you wanted to run one, not denouncing Knight Enchanter but it's only good for a defensive mage build.

If you want pure raw damage than go Necromancy + Fire tree, you'll be pleased with the damage.

>>323984263
I love you anon

>>323984502
:^)

>>323984513
I think Spinning Blades is the coolest fucking focus in the game, I heard on the PC version you can spam it over and over because of a glitch or something but it's been patched on the console versions.

I do agree though that Spinning Blades is pretty much ass rape against any enemy in the game.
>>
>>323984926
sounds like a good time
>>
>>323984838
Well if you're not a dwarf and touch raw lyrium, it burns your skin and makes you crazy so I guess it would fuck you up pretty good.
>>
>>323984838
You talk about how you are one with the earth people before brain hemorrhage

>>323984758
Well we know exactly what it is, it's Titan Blood. Given that Solas seemed to have no fucking clue what a Titan even is during a time where people gargled Lyrium to get high I hope that there's *some* explanation for what's going on.
>>
>>323984970
>I love you anon
Of course you would, you goddamn homoerotic hethen.
>>
>>323984970

You can romance Blackwall if you play as a woman, but I think you need to do his questline first.
>>
>>323985129
>You can romance Blackwall if you play as a woman
as god intended
>>
>>323985129
No, the romance starts up before. You need to progress his quest for the sex scene where he leaves you naked in a barn to go kill himself.
>>
How many options does a male character have for a straight romance?
I'm seeing the list of characters and it seems like a complete sausage fest. And one of the few girls is actually a lesbian and looks like she has down's syndrome.
>>
>>323984926

That can't be right, since Cullen's lyrium kit looks very much like smoking apparatus and all Templars are addicted to the stuff. Also, Mages can use lyrium draughts to access the fade more easily.
>>
>>323985129
>you need to do his questline first
>implying he doesn't pump and dump you in a barn before admitting to murdering children
>>
>>323974131
>Cass
Writing is all over the place but I liked her. Visual changes from DA2 were for the worse.
>Dorian
Surprisingly fun character if you ignore his personal quest. I tried to not give a shit but his sarcastic quips were great, even if Whedon-tier.
>Cole
I was not expecting to like Cole at all but the Spirit angle was really intriguing. Being able to probe peoples' thoughts and past is odd but the concept of the character is great.
>Blackwall
I knew from his avoidant dialogue what his story was gonna be. A good character, even if the 'emotional baggage' wasn't handled or presented well.
>Iron Bull
As much as I do enjoy Prinze Jr's VA this character is garbage. Presented as Fantasy Shepard with tinges of Han Solo and a berserker, he loafs around in a tavern once recruited and does nothing his background would suggest. I admit I liked his "Oh we gotta kill that" attitude towards dragons but beyond that this character is irredeemable.
>Varric
Muh boi still has it, even if his dialogue has been pruned to hell. Don't mind the partymember clone status.
>>
So I'm reading about Cassantra

>states that what her heart truly yearns for is an "ideal" romance: to find a man who can "sweep her off her feet" and court her with flowers and poetry by candlelight

>During the evening, Cassandra arrives at the grove to find it littered with candles and flowers, and the Inquisitor surprises her with a reading from the poetry book

Holy shit. I'm not ready to lose my dignity over a videogame romance.
>>
>>323985282
Templars have a resistance and it still eventually kills them or drives them insane if they don't get off of it. Look up Cullen's Trespasser epilogue if you don't help him break his addiction.
>>
>>323985282
Well that's refined/processed lyrium so it won't kill you on touch. And I think it's a potion or something. Maybe an injection? It's not really explained.
>>
>>323985265

Cassandra, Josephine, Harding, there's a noble chick in Val Royeaux you can bang as part of a quest, too.
>>
>>323985071
I feel like the Titan reveal should have been more important/world shaking than the Solas reveal.
>>
>>323985504

Haven't gotten to Trespasser yet, sadly.
>>
>>323985294
>Sera
Did not like her from initial meeting nor dialogue, which is slightly disappointing because she has some good interactions in the late-game. Not as good as Varric for ranged nor Cole for Rogue as so I never used her.
>Solas
Very interesting. Can't praise this character enough, even if some of his Trespasser dialogue is a bit "Wait, what?". Useful, has a lot of insights and dialogue. Don't care for Elven status but not a drawback.
>Vivienne
Utterly and entirely shit. Dull politically-centric character that puts up a brave front and desperately wants control of anything and everything. VA was fine but as I played a mage I never brought her along. Uninspired quests. Not interesting. 2/10 would not bother.

Cullen and Josephine were fine, if not for me. Leliana is Gaider's version of Batwoman and being written off as some sort of Lyrium existence is a slap to the face but whatever. I enjoyed the Inquistion characters more than I expected.
>>
>>323984772
People told me that Tempest is meant to be played as an Archer, it's not really worth playing it as a DW rogue because you are losing out on a lot of good stuff in the Assassin tree, granted you can build Archer Assassin which is very popular as well.

I don't think Tempest has a lot of good skills except for Spinning Blades, Flask of Lightning and Flask of Fire. I think Assassin is a much stronger tree in terms of building raw damage and crit chances, if anything I feel that Spinning Blades should have been the Assassin specialization focus ability because it's the most broken and fucking badass focus in the game but you have to spec into Tempest to obtain it, which fucking sucks.

>>323985251
What the fuck? I didn't know he had Suicidal tendencies

Color me surprised, though it kind of does make sense when I think about Blackwall's character.

>>323985287
Ohhhh so that explains it

>>323985294
I did enjoy Varric as a character overall

>>323985458
Cassandra is a fan favorite, not sure why but even I wanted to fuck her from the get go, sadly she pisses me off too much with her tomboyish "Oh I'm better than everyone else" serious natured attitude.

It was kind of a turn off for me and I gave up pursuing her since it takes a shit load of work to get into her pants, Josephine was much easier to romance though sadly it seems like not many people cared to romance Josephine, I thought she was fucking hot

>>323985728
Yeah same here anon, I really like Cullen as a character so I hope I can save him. I'm sure if you don't he ends up dying and I really don't want to see him die.
>>
>>323985825
>I did enjoy Varric as a character overall
if by character you mean cumdump
>>
>>323985998
Man, I wish. Too bad he has that stupid bitch Bianca.
>>
>>323981981
>It was pretty good. Not my fault you get a hateboner for DA GAYZ

It was physically repulsive by how vibrantly gay it was and this is coming from someone who has enjoyed the taste of another man's fresh jizz.
>>
>>323985825
Just remember, when your buddy asks you for help breaking his magical heroin addiction, you don't give him one last taste.
>>
File: 2016-01-14_00021.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-14_00021.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>323985998
>fucking your biggest bro
>>
>>323984646
>>323984793
Haven't played it yet. What made that so OP?
>>
>>323985825

Here's the thing, though, you can get up to a 30% chance of using Hidden blades from the Assassin tree using masterwork, but you can't get Spinning blades that way. Bring the two together with the zero cooldown of that fire potion and it's glorious.
>>
>>323986159
There was some spell combination loophole where you could endlessly absorb damage to restore mana, IIRC. And they hit like trucks on top of that.
>>
>>323986169
Holy shit I forgot about the masterwork that let's you proc Hidden Blade so you don't even need to spec into the Assassin tree to get access to it.

Best of both worlds, damn I might try that out if I roll a new character.
>>
File: 1422761818170.gif (2MB, 506x337px) Image search: [Google]
1422761818170.gif
2MB, 506x337px
>>323986061
fair enough

>>323986153
>not fucking your aniki
>>
>>323985265
Two in vanilla, three with DLC. But you only had two in Origins and DA2 as well.
>>
>>323986159
I don't even remember. They changed it so instead of spamming your sword skill and using a couple of spells on the side, you have to charge the sword skill up by using spells or it does no damage.
>>
File: 1398663936293.gif (2MB, 350x237px) Image search: [Google]
1398663936293.gif
2MB, 350x237px
>>323986287
For heaven's sake.

And that made it through BW's quality control, how?
>>
File: 1303424240542.png (31KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
1303424240542.png
31KB, 460x300px
>>
>>323986159
The knight enchanters main ability was a magic sword swing that filled up his barrier. It also came with huge mana regen so you could spam it infinitely. It was pretty optimal if you hated the gameplay and wanted to get through it as fast as possible. You could literally hold down your mouse and go to sleep.

>>323986287
It was pretty self evident if you were a mage. I didn't even have to look it up to notice how abusable it was. Plus, the Inquisitor role lends itself to Knight Enchanter so most mages were probably interested in that path from the beginning.
>>
>>323986321

Since spinning blades hits about 12 times to begin with, it's pretty much a guaranteed chance of using hidden blades too, although I think HB goes on a silent cooldown for a bit. It's not long, though.
>>
Are there dwarf titties in the DLC?
>>
>>323985265
Cassandra, Josephine and Harding but from what I saw most people preferred Cassandra as the fan favorite.

I thought Josephine was hot and I enjoyed her company and from what I'm hearing Harding the female dwarf was actually the most popular, not sure why but I guess it's because most people have the sexual fantasy of having sex with a female dwarf, lots of D&D and WoW fanatics probably are big in the Dragon Age series.
>>
>>323986550
>I'm hearing Harding the female dwarf was actually the most popular, not sure why but I guess it's because most people have the sexual fantasy of having sex with a female dwarf

Or maybe because she's neither a dyke nor a sandnigger.
>>
>>323986508
Sadly no. Just cutesy flirting and some comments by Vivienne.
>>
>>323986550

>Freckles
>Shortstack
>CUTE

What's not to like?
>>
How's Rift Mage as a class?
>>
>>323986715
>ugly freckled ginger
jesus christ, i'd rather go the way of OP and just start fucking men
>>
>>323986715
>liara's voice as well

What a combination
>>
>>323986762
It's pretty neat, lots of fun if you're playing with Bull or another Reaver in the party because of the CC abilities.
>>
>>323986670
>nor a sandnigger.

I thought Josephine was like suppose to be Latino or some shit, I guess I can see how she would be middle eastern.

Oh well I thought she was cute, Cassandra isn't a dyke if the game gives you the option to fuck her as a male character, if anything she is bisexual.

>>323986809
Kek

>>323986861
I did enjoy her VA
>>
>>323986809

>Not dating superior redheads

It's like you got cut as a kid and all your good taste haemorrhaged out of the wound
>>
>>323986762
Rift Mage is all about applying a status effect called "Weakening" on to the enemies and when it's applied you gain a lot of bonus effects against them like bonus damage and increased status effect duration from all sources and what not.

There is a skill called "Pull of the abyss" that is great for CC, you can pull everyone to a single point and blow them all up with a well placed mine or have Reaver Warrior go ape shit on them, that's what I did.
>>
>>323986952
>>323986670
Cassandra is 100% straight and Josephine is from fantasy Spain.
>>
>>323986159
KE was strong to the point of being brainlessly broken during release mainly because of fade shield and spirit blade. Fade shield made it so that you restore barrier based on a percentage of the damage you do. Barriers drain fairly fast and generally weren't that strong so that was okay. However prior to the patch that introduced the charge mechanic on spirit blade, the ability would hit like a truck on every hit instead of only when it the charge was maxed out. This meant that you would be restoring your barrier of any damage done to it just by holding down your spirit blade button and facetanking the enemy. You were basically immortal and could faceroll the game just using spirit blade. Even on the highest difficultly it wasn't unheard of of people soloing way higher level bosses/dragons once they got the spec/abilities.

>>323986952
Same thought she was spanish or close to it. Shes antivan like Zevran isn't she? So I guess whatever the hell Antiva is supposed to represent.
>>
>>323987143
Pretty sure Antiva is Italy.
>>
>>323987136

Dual-blade daggers also do AoE damage, so you can drop the hammer on Abyss-trapped enemies as a rogue too.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.