[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hitman now fully episodic, launches with prologue and on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: 1441929308935.jpg (46KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1441929308935.jpg
46KB, 600x338px
>Hitman now fully episodic, launches with prologue and one location
https://archive.is/I7wzE

Thanks, Square-Enix!
>>
RIP
>>
I pray this doesn't catch on.
>>
>>323930262

It already has.
>>
Will do the same as i did with revelations 2.

Wait for all episodes to be out on a disc and buy it cheap.
>>
Source? Archive doesn't work here.
>>
>>323929742
DAh-LEh
>>
>>323930332
ge ma tsu
>>
>>323930332
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/hitman-now-fully-episodic-launches-prologue-one-location

>$15 for Starter Pack
>>
thank you capitalism
>>
There's really nothing wrong with this. I means you can either pay $60 for the full game, or less for less game.
I only have some concerns. The "Intro pack" should be free. It's called a demo. And buying the game in pieces shouldn't cost $75
>>
wasn't this always the case?
>>
>>323930597
It says back then there's only a chance for it to be episodic, but now they went full retard.
>>
File: Siren_Blood_Curse-650x650.jpg (95KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Siren_Blood_Curse-650x650.jpg
95KB, 650x650px
>>323929742
This has been done before several times.

So long as you can buy the game normally it's a non-issue... so long as the game itself is good.

However considering instinct is back and the game is balanced with that in mind I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>323930546
This, the idea itself is not bad per-say, but the way they are presenting it in Hitman is just weird and confusing.

They have been so wishy washy with what kind of fucking business model they are using here. If you want to try something new like this, you make sure that you have a solid model that's easy to understand and don't make people confused.
>>
>>323930597
They were going to have more of the game available on launch, I believe. This is a pretty curious way to do it, I find it hard to believe that Squeenix couldn't toss them a few more shekels their way if they really needed the money, seems like they're trying a new marketing tactic more than anything.
>>
>>323930597
No, there's 6 maps, there were supposed to 3 at launch but now there's only going to be 1
>>
>implying it isn't a good deal

its cheap as fuck compared to 60. you get 2 locations for 15. average 8 locations for 60 bucks, thats basically paying the full price for the full game except you get it in smaller cheaper installments.

and have you looked at the webms? that mansion party level alone looks bigger then literally anything in Blood Money.
>>
But is it good?
>>
>>323931359
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>323931263
I wouldn't count the prologue as a location and size isn't everything in Hitman. A New Life is widely considered to be one of the best maps in the series and it's also one of the smallest.
>>
>>323931359
>>323931420
typical /v/
>>
File: hankfry.jpg (30KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
hankfry.jpg
30KB, 256x192px
And with that, the last of my childhood favorites are gone.

Westwood Studios, IO Interactive, Origin, it's been good guys...
>>
>>323930546
>And buying the game in pieces shouldn't cost $75
They do this to give off the impression that buying the "full experience" (which is what they want you to get) is a "good deal."

Also, I don't like the idea of episodic AAA games.
What's next? Charging $10 for ever level? Charging $5 for every game mechanic?
Charging $1 to jump?
>>
Day one pirate.
>>
>>323931689
stop crying you big baby
>>
>>323931753
I'd rather pay $15 to play 2 hours of a 10 hour game than $60.
>>
It's gonna be hard playing the same map over and over again until we get the next one. Sure the replayibility of a Hitman level is very high but it'll be hard to spread it that thin.
>>
Oh boy, this can't be good. When are we gonna have to start buying a can of mountain dew for the chance of a secret unreleased episode?
>>
>>323931263
Each location being simple A to B shitty themepark like Absolution
>>
>>323931875
>$15 for 2 hours
This is what the industry has come to.
Worst part? People on /v/ are defending it (though that's expected nowadays, /v/ is fucking garbage).
>>
If you never played Hitman then buy Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money. Start with Blood Money because it's the easiest one.
If you love them then try Death to Spies series.
Please don't buy Absolution or [HITMAN].
>>
>>323930597
As it says, it was supposed to launch with 3 maps in April. Now it's launching with 1 in March, and the third map isn't coming until May.

I'll probably preorder the full game, play the Beta, and decide if I want to cancel my preorder or not.
>>
>>323932072
Don't know what you are talking about. I don't buy games. That doesn't stop AAA games from being 12 hours at most and asking for $60.
>>
Square is on a slippery slope here.
First FF7 is episodic.
Now DALE.

What's next? Deus Ex?
>>
File: AylYlqkCcAAVwlm.jpg (137KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
AylYlqkCcAAVwlm.jpg
137KB, 500x281px
At 1st I thought this was going to be some total bullshit but than I read into it and I'm fine with it. Keeps the casuals with their $15 donation out of the World of Assassinations and everyone who actually looks forward to it a fan like myslef will get the packaged deal right off the bat.
>>
There has always been something shady about this game. First it was announced to come out incredible soon (December 8th) and the rest rollout, but I guess then they thought they would get more bad press when people bought it for $60 not realizing its not the full game, so they pushed it back for a more traditional release, and now they are thinking, "Well we wanted to try this as an episodic expeirement from the beggining, and at least now we have enough content to make it looke much more promosing than it did in december". So strange.
>>
>>323932195
>That doesn't stop AAA games from being 12 hours at most and asking for $60.
I can't think of the last time I've seen a AAA game that was less than 15 hours and singleplayer only.
I want to say The Order and Ryse, but those were basically just benchmarks.
>>
>>323932196
Worst case, FFXV is episodic and we all kill ourselves.

Best case, nothing else because these are the only games where it makes sense to do it (FFVII wouldn't be released this decade if they sold it all as one game, Hitman is a series of assassination missions so it could work)
>>
>>323932298
Both Tomb Raiders are Bioshock
>>
If I get Blood Money-tier content, why not?
>>
Will this episodic nature mean everything is a pretty self-contained enjoyable sandbox? Compared to Absolution where it was a very linear story working your way through related areas with literal hallway levels between.
>>
Is Squeenix fucking retarded?
>FFVIIR episodic shit
>Deus Ex AUGMENT YOUR PRE-ORDER garbage
>Just Cause 3 was mediocre
>Hitman episodic shit
>Rise of the Womb Raider flopped on Xbone
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if FFXV is released in 5 episodes each for $50 (and people here will defend it because "DUDE, IT'S LIKE 20 HOURS, THAT'S 100 HOURS TOTAL, TOTALLY WORTH THE $250 THEY'RE ASKING, THAT'S FUCKING NOTHING, STOP BEING SO ENTITLED!").
>>
>>323932473
Yeah that was pretty much the first thing said about it when it was announced
>>
>>323932536
This is not Squeenix's fault.
>>
This fucking sucks. Especially since the alpha was awesome.
>>
>>323929742
>buy one episode
>it sucks
>lose $15 instead of $79.99

I'm okay with episodic gaming
>>
>>323932536
>FFVII:RE being episodic
It could work, and people don't want to wait 5 years for the game.
>Deus Ex
Retarded, but it went away fast and thank fuck for that.
Mediocre =/= bad, also that was Avalanche, not Squeenix.
>Hitman Episodic
Yeah I'm not sure about that either
>Tomb Raider flopped
Over a million in sales on one platform, PC and PS4 sales haven't even started yet, the game's on track to do really well in the long run.
>>
Don't forget to augment your preorder.
>>
>>323932968
my vision is augmented, i can see through your bullshit Eidos
>>
>>323932914
>it sucks
>refund
>lose $0
>>
I honestly don't know what to think about this

If they can pull this off in a good way, it could change gaming
>>
Remember when DLC was the worst a company could do?
>>
>>323933070
>ps4
>no refunds
>>
>>323933105
Tore Blystad also worked on the good Hitman games though
>>
>>323929742
I'm not too sure what to think about this yet, there's nothing inherently wrong with it, and the prices don't seem too jewy.
I don't get why they would delay the game to then release with less content, but it don't matter I'm still waiting for full game to see how unlike Absolution it actually is.
>>
>>323933402
Not as GAME DIRECTOR. He was art director or something.
>>
>>323930793
The physical release of Siren has all the episodes.
>>
>>323933829
Yeah, true
>>
>>323930793
>However considering instinct is back and the game is balanced with that in mind
Not really, you can't become invisible anymore. IT just highlights stuff.
>>
We were just commenting a few days ago over how, despite the fact it was episodic, the pricing model was really great in how fair it was.

So much for that.
>>
Interesting that they're calling it the "first season"

Hopefully they get a second one going.
>>
>>323935165
its still pure cancer and the death of video games, not matter how "fair" it is. I hope it fails Dead Space 3 style
>>
>>323935165
>We were just commenting a few days ago
ok Sqeenix shill, no need to hide it.
>>
>>323932019
Wrong, did you even play the closed alpha, fag?
>>
>>323935353
I should also add, that I played and enjoyed my pirate copy of Dead Space 3.

I suspect that the new hitman will be a good game, substantially better than absolution. But its model is toxic
>>
>>323932397
These are my thoughts as well. If the game is good, I don't give a shit.
I like that they called it "Season One", hopefully we get more levels next year.
>>
>>323935353
>the death of video games
Aren't you being a little over dramatic?
Early access already exists, and contrary to that they said everything they'll release will be the complete final version and not an alpha or anything like that.
>>
>>323936289
early access was not a positive development

I think this thing might be a good deal, just as there were some good early access games. I still hope it fails.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.