[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trailer starts, everybody freaks and rages and tantrums >trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>trailer starts, everybody freaks and rages and tantrums
>trailer starts showing off his attacks, everyone cheers and whoops and loves it

Never before has a Smash character trailer made people 180 so fast.
>>
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who gets in. As long as they're fun and unique.
>>
Except people are still bitching because MUH FIRE EMBLEM.
I personally don't give a shit, Corn looks fun, but holy shit, the asspain he still generates is insane.
>>
>>323910216
To be honest, even Sakurai thought Corrin was too much and wanted to do someone else, but the dev team practically rioted to put him in. At least he was able to make him unique.
>>
>trailer starts showing off his attacks, everyone cheers and whoops and loves it

This never happened.

It was just

>oh ANOTHER Fire Emblem character, bravo Sakurai
>a-at least he isn't a complete Marth clone
>>
>giving a fuck about any nintendo game
>2016
grow up kiddos
>>
>>323911313
Nah, I was a bit eh at first but he looks really fun to control. His a swordsman only in name, considering none of his special do use the sword.
>>
File: 1375506851429.gif (12KB, 227x224px) Image search: [Google]
1375506851429.gif
12KB, 227x224px
>>323911405
>Telling people to grow up on /v/ of all places
>>
>>323911405
Is this the newest meme craze on 4chan, going into threads about things you hate, reminding people of the current year, then being incapable of understanding how the rest of the world can enjoy what you despise?
>>
>>323909796
LITERALLY WHO
>>
People still hate him, he's marth with a spear and monster arm
>>
No, people still hated him, as they should. His moves aren't even that unique or interesting.
>>
>>323911630
Like how Link is Marth with a shield, Meta Knight is Marth with a mask, and Shulk is Marth in his boxers?
>>
>>323911723
>His moves aren't even that unique

Yeah, I forgot how many other characters turn into dragons, morph parts of their bodies, use a lance, and have a move that pins foes in place for several seconds.
>>
File: kamuigoldface.png (4MB, 3118x3500px) Image search: [Google]
kamuigoldface.png
4MB, 3118x3500px
>>323909796
Except I like FE so I was happy throughout the whole thing
>>
File: 1449864511055.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449864511055.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>Play Sm4sh at College gaymen center in the middle of cafeteria
>We are doing 1v1s
>Play against guy, I choose Rob, he goes Mac
>'Let me pick the stage'
>Mario Galaxy stage

>Couple matches later
>Play against other guy
>I choose Rob, he goes Mac
>'Let me pick the stage'
>Mario Galaxy stage again
>>
>>323911528
>newest
How's summer been?
>>
File: 1451520664927.jpg (282KB, 659x967px) Image search: [Google]
1451520664927.jpg
282KB, 659x967px
>>
>>323911937
>counter
>shulk's side smash
>metaknight's side b
>b-but look at the epic anime animations in which he does everyone else's moves!!!!

The only unqiue part is his back air but that doesn't make up for what a retarded inclusion he is and certainly doesn't justify his high price.
>>
The only FE rep that actually looks unique in play style and fun
>>
File: 1450434400707.png (160KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1450434400707.png
160KB, 633x758px
BUT WHY
>>
>>323910080
This.

As long as it's not K.Rool, fuck that guy.

And Krystal, thank GOD they didn't get in.
>>
>>323912167
>Mario Galaxy
But why? Wouldn't the gravity go against Mac's gimmick?
>>
>>323912648
>Hating on K.Rool
>Hating on Krystal
>>
>>323912668
It's a walk-off stage, meaning the Mac player won't have to deal with his horrendous recovery.
>>
File: freereply.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
freereply.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>323911405
>>
>>323909796
should have been someone from #FE
they could have saved that game
>>
>>323913223
Why would you want to save that shit?
>>
>>323912668
So they can spam meme fling without getting killed.
>>
>>323913223
Literally the only good thing about that would have been the influx of rule 34 for that game.
>>
>>323913267
>Why would you want to save that shit?

see >>323913489
>>
File: 1450795016849.jpg (39KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1450795016849.jpg
39KB, 390x390px
>>323912668
>>323912961
>>323913290

Fuck if I know

All could tell is that some spergs in the background were shit talking Rob, so I think everybody hated Rob for 'le cheapo combos xD'. It's not like he's top tier or that annoying to deal with or anything. Maybe trying to have a cheap matchup would teach me a lesson. But even then, Rob shits on Little Mac because of his huge spacing moves.

Doesn't help it was my first time playing this these guys either

I have more fun on /v/eekend even when people are Mario/Cloud faggots
>>
>>323912483
>counter
So every character with a counter is Marth? Also, how many characters have counters that hit on both sides?

>shulk's side smash
Solely because he has good reach with it?

>metaknight's side b
Meta Knight's Side B is an aimable drill. Corrin's Side B is a lance stab that pins opponents.

>b-but look at the epic anime animations in which he does everyone else's moves!!!!
Ran out of everything else to say so you just throw shit around blindly?
>>
>>323909796
>>trailer starts showing off his attacks, everyone cheers and whoops and loves it
uh, no?

people are still salty to this day
>>
>>323909796
I'm fine with him as a character, but I do still think the effort could have gone to something besides Fire Emblem when it's already gotten so much love in Sm4sh as it is. If they wanted to promote an upcoming game, why not a Star Fox or Legend of Zelda newcomer?
>>
>>323915426
Ask the dev team. Sakurai thought Corrin was too much but they pretty much forced him to put him in. I'm still hoping that Sakurai will put Wolf in as a little bonus when Corrin and Bayonetta are released, if they can take only four or so months to make newcomers as complex as Bayo then porting over Wolf would only take a month max.
>>
File: 1452630432916.png (531KB, 644x641px) Image search: [Google]
1452630432916.png
531KB, 644x641px
>>323909796
Corrin is literally the Roy of Sm4sh.
>>
>>323915739
Oh, and since I have to leave soon, I'll finish my shitpost

>Roy is only in Melee to help sell new Fire Emblem game
>Corrin is only in Sm4sh to help sell new Fire Emblem game
>Both added last second
>Both disappointments

Only thing we don't know yet is if Corrin is also a meme character
>>
File: 1442083621053.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442083621053.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>323913223
we could have gotten tsubasa
we could have gotten more R34 of her
>>
>>323915681
I'd love it too, but I'm pretty sure they billed Bayo as the last Smash 4 character so it would be going against that.

But then again maybe it was last Smash 4 newcomer, and Wolf is a vet so it might be fine. It is kinda weird how Mewtwo, Lucas, AND Roy all got the rub but not him.
>>
>>323910216
It'd probably help if we didn't have 3 Marths. And if the direct had several "fanservice" characters like Sakurai previously said (or implied, since he probably thinks Mii costumes count).

Otherwise Corrin would've ranged from "eh" to "hey, neat" at his reveal. I agree his style looks interesting.
>>
>>323909796
>a counter move
>pits and Rosalinas up b, except with a hitbox
>zero suits neutral b except with a bigger hitbox at the beginning
>side b, his only unique move could've been to anyone with a sword
>normals in the trailer are generic and look like they function like normal moves

Good job on managing on having the most generic moveset for a newcomer besides dark pit/Lucina, 2 characters without any development time while managing to oversaturate a franchise even more.
>>
>>323916295
What worries me is that he mentioned the ballot did include fighters from the previous games, which means Wolf likely won't happen because he was considered a ballot character. Which when combined with what you said about Roy and Doc and Lucas makes it doubly odd, especially when Sakurai said those three came back solely because people wanted them.
>>
Still not buying him or his shitty ass games.
>>
>>323916474
>a counter move
Might as well complain he also has a projectile.

>pits and Rosalinas up b, except with a hitbox
How many characters have a rising uppercut move? Sakurai even posted a picture of it. Did you complain about that?

>zero suits neutral b except with a bigger hitbox at the beginning
Which then sucks the opponent into melee range for a powerful chomp.

>side b, his only unique move could've been to anyone with a sword
I don't even know what this complaint is, did you want him to use his sword for the move?

>normals in the trailer are generic and look like they function like normal moves
What does this mean?
>>
>>323916160
Will she make it in Smash 5? I hope so.
>>
I would gladly buy 10 FE characters for Smash 4 if they were all unique
>>
File: Elma.png (243KB, 350x852px) Image search: [Google]
Elma.png
243KB, 350x852px
>>323916160
>>323913223

Fuck that, Elma with a Mira stage and her skell as the final smash would have been amazing.
>>
>>323917850
No she wouldn't have. I love XCX but she doesn't deserve a spot.
>>
>>323917850
why not both?
but instead of those two we got cloud
>>
>>323909796
>Non-hype when initially revealed
>Hyped when attacks were shown
>Hyped further when Dragon Transformation shit was truly indicated
>Dehyped when Down B was shown to be a counter
STOP WITH THE SWORDSMAN DOING COUNTERS, FUCK
Give me Hector with Armads and a hatchet, and DON'T GIVE HIM A COUNTER. It's all I want for Smash 5.
>>
>male corrin
sakurai fucked up
>>
>>323918450
Female Corrin is also available, autismo.
>>
>>323917197
Definitely not. The game sold like shit in Japan and the best it can hope for is slightly better sales in the west. By the time Smash 5 is actually a thing it'll be long forgotten
>>
Hey guys, I found /v/ incarnate.

https://youtu.be/vPFTJ2qSICU
>>
>>323918526
that ain't the point you idiot
>>
>>323916887
Projectiles have different properties, uses, exc. counters all function exactly the same. Up b is a generic move, in practice neutral b is going to function similarly to zss neutral b because using a projectile close range usually isn't a good thing. The side b, corrins only move that stands out, doesn't take advantage of him being a dragon at all.

Even default palutena stands out more than corrin because of her weird normals(like the wind boxes in her fsmash down smash, and her giant beam like up smash) villager and megaman have unique specials while having a bunch of projectiles as normals. Pretty much every smash 4 newcomer has something to make them stand out. When. I looked at corrins trailer, I couldn't find one normal that isn't comparable to something else already in the game.

People say "b-b-b-but he's unique so it's okay!" When he has by far the most generic moveset out of all the newcomers without any sort of gimmick. Meanwhile he's a self insert Mary Sue from an already over represented franchise in a game that's not even out worldwide.
>>
>>323918581
wrong video m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3zODouXRPc
>>
>>323918732
>Projectiles have different properties, uses, exc. counters all function exactly the same.
Counters also vary by damage returned, amount of knockback, reach, execution, etc. Saying Greninja's counter is exactly like Roy's is retarded.

>Up b is a generic move
How? He uses his wings for a wide attack radius and it cna be angled.

>in practice neutral b is going to function similarly to zss neutral b because using a projectile close range usually isn't a good thing.
Did you forget about the "then it pulls in people for a powerful melee attack" part?

>The side b, corrins only move that stands out, doesn't take advantage of him being a dragon at all.
Except for the fact that it transforms his arm into a lance just like every other move that takes advantage of him being a dragon.

>Even default palutena stands out more than corrin because of her weird normals(like the wind boxes in her fsmash down smash, and her giant beam like up smash) villager and megaman have unique specials while having a bunch of projectiles as normals. Pretty much every smash 4 newcomer has something to make them stand out. When. I looked at corrins trailer, I couldn't find one normal that isn't comparable to something else already in the game. People say "b-b-b-but he's unique so it's okay!" When he has by far the most generic moveset out of all the newcomers without any sort of gimmick. Meanwhile he's a self insert Mary Sue from an already over represented franchise in a game that's not even out worldwide.
So you're upset because his moves aren't stuffed full of pointless visual effects and because he's from a franchise you despise.
>>
>>323909796
his moveset seems unique and i kinda get why the devs were reassuring sakurai that corrin would be cool. we've never had a shapeshifter-moveset before.
>>
>>323912639
I'll take another FE character over another Mario character.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.