[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WEISS, YOU DUMBASS!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 81

File: kaine.jpg (229KB, 784x789px) Image search: [Google]
kaine.jpg
229KB, 784x789px
WEISS, YOU DUMBASS!
>>
I want to ravage Kaine's asspussy
>>
>>323889101
Where's his ass?
>>
File: replicant01.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
replicant01.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>>323889206
>his
>>
>>323889206
>his
Fuck off
>>
File: 323149181453598720_35s_dx.jpg (187KB, 1125x750px) Image search: [Google]
323149181453598720_35s_dx.jpg
187KB, 1125x750px
>>
>>323889101
START MAKING SENSE YOU ROTTEN BOOK OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE SORRY.

I'm pretty sure that's the next part.

I loved this game, but it's so hard to go back and play it again.
>>
I'M GOING TO STICK YOU IN THE GOD DAMN FURNACE
>>
>>323892856
Was there any particular point to it being quoted out of context against a blank black screen? Is it just 2deep4me?
>>
>>323893182
I honestly have no idea what you're going on about.
>>
>>323893346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvyvQfn30uE
>>
>>323893182
>>323893346
its the point that pretty much set the fate of humans from "it can get better" to "totally fucked"
>>
>>323893182
>>323893458
>>323893461
I haven't played this in ages and don't remember much apparently. I basically only remember the characters and "NO STOPPING".
>>
>>323893729
Nah its pretty obscure

Had the Shadowlord succeeded in fusing Weiss and Noire in that moment literally everything would've been resolved. But Kaine snapped Weiss out of it and it threw a wrench in everything.
>>
>>323893857
Well, some people still survived (since there's a sequel) but most of them were fucked at that moment, yeah.
>>
>>323893857
So fusing them would've started that replicant program thing and returned the shadows to their bodies then?
>>
>>323894306
yep
>>
I'm sorry /v/. You're wrong about this game. I kept wanting it to get better, I kept waiting for it all to hit after seeing /v/ talk about the game so much. I saw all the endings. I'm sorry. It's bad. I was rolling my eyes with all the reasons they gave the "bad guys" to not really be bad guys after all. And all this talk about multiple endings was just bullshit. There's only really two different endings, while the rest are just cut short and unsatisfying.

Also, after all that bullshit, Nier's daughter isn't cured. I mean, I guess it doesn't matter, everyone's fucked anyways, but she's not going to live long either. And the game doesn't just not tell you this shit, it goes out of its way to not tell you anything. There's leaving things to interpretation, and then there's just bad story telling, and that's all Nier is.

I liked the black screen story part though, where you have to go to the forest. That was pretty quality. Shame about everything else though.
>>
>>323894397
Neat. Thanks man.

That's still kind of a bad end for the bodies though.
>>
>>323894306
Pretty much yeah.
>>323894282
It was pretty much solely a handful of moon colonists and a few scattered tribes of pure humans on Earth who were never hit by the salt plague in the first place.

Every replicant died and all the gestalts turned feral and then perished.
>>
>>323894476
>I was rolling my eyes with all the reasons they gave the "bad guys" to not really be bad guys after all.
of all things, why?
>>
>>323894556
Maybe some gestalts actually managed to fuse with their replicants.

>>323894476
>hurr durr all endings are bad endings that's why game is bad
>>
>>323894662
>Maybe some gestalts actually managed to fuse with their replicants.

They need the Shadowlord to do so, once he died it became impossible since the entire system was tied into his magic.

If gestalts could just fuse with their replicant selves normally the entire game wouldn't have happened as they'd have done so centuries ago.
>>
I want her to ravage my throat with her girlcock.
>>
File: 1448618930748.gif (339KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
1448618930748.gif
339KB, 213x199px
>>323894476
I love Nier but I think it was seriously gimped by having two different versions of the same story, had they committed to one route, either dad or brother Nier, that would've gave more room to make the characterization and plot even stronger.

And you're very right about the multiple endings being pretty much the same, IMO they could've had the same effect in a single good ending without making us replay the game.

I think Taro only really did multiple endings in Nier just to keep with tradition.
>>
>>323893182
>Was there any particular point to it being quoted out of context against a blank black screen?

Yeah the fight against Shadowlord midgame where Weiss is being controlled by him
>>
>>323894779
No. They needed Shadowlord to not relapse. I think before relicants has emotions and shit they could fuse easily but Earth wasn't purified enough. But once replicants got their own consciences it became kinda difficult for them so that's why they need grimoires to just force all gestalts into bodies.
>>
>>323894820
The characterization is already much stronger if you play in jap because the dub changed a fair amount to make it more palatable for the wrst.

It gets even better if you play the brother NieR version since it doesn't fuck up his love story with Kaine and Emil's crush on him in that version.
>>
File: 1435541128634.png (256KB, 343x380px) Image search: [Google]
1435541128634.png
256KB, 343x380px
>>323894476
>IMO they could've had the same effect in a single good ending without making us replay the game.
Except you would miss out on the entire point of the B playthrough where you see the motivations of the Shades
>>
>>323894646

Because they were forced. The game bent over backwards to explain their motivations, rather than it feeling natural. Often times, their actions in the cut scenes explaining their actions were opposite of what they would do when you actually encounter them. In almost every situation, they were the first to attack you, and you never had a choice to fight back, but it still made it sound like you were the real bad guy in all of this. The concept isn't a bad idea, but it was executed and written terribly.

>>323894662

You misunderstand. I don't think it's shit because "all" endings are bad. I think it's shit because the game doesn't explain enough for you to truly understand the weight of your actions, and the consequences as a result. Some of it is there in the in game logs, but even then, you're not given the full picture unless you read the translated Grim Noir companion book that never made it stateside. On top of that, the game doesn't even try to acknowledge whether or not your daughter is cured. The game almost forgets that's a thing as soon as she's kidnapped and you're trying to get her back. Most people will probably have forgotten that was a problem by the end of the game, and the game certainly doesn't remind you of the grim fate of her, and the rest of the replicants. Honestly, I think idea is sound and solid, but holy shit does the game not even touch upon what was most interesting. Instead it dances around the subject, and only briefly touches on it. It's bad story telling.

Also, my main complain with the endings is the fact that ending A isn't an ending at all. It's no different than ending B, except one is longer. Technically, everything that happens in ending B happens in ending A, you just don't see it because they decided to not show you that shit or something. Same with Ending C and D, except you actually get a choice of what path to take. There aren't "4 endings." There's 2, but you have to play the game 3 times to seem.
>>
>>323894820
>>323894993
How can you be such weebs? Father Nier has much better motivation to save his daugher. Kaine has that one scene which has the same impact no matter who is MC and Emil is gay anyway, why can't he be into older guys?

The only difference is probability of endings where C is for father and D-E is for brother.
>>
>>323894931
That's what I mean, they needed the Shadowlord to forcefully alloe the gestalts to take control of the replicants once it developed a mind.

If they'd been able to take over sentient Replicants by themselves instead of needing the Shadowlord to use the fused Weiss and Noire to make it work then the problem would have been resolved centuries ago.
>>
>>323894306
It would have.
But they were already fucked. Fusing the shades and replicants back together would have never worked. The replicants had gained personalities of their own. In essence the gestalts and replicants fusing back together would mean there would be two people in one body.
That's why the people in the Aerie never come out. The people in the houses had already fused with their gestalts. And they were going insane.
>>
>>323895161
Who are you calling a weeb. I prefer Father Nier but I also would have preffered if they stuck to one version instead of juggling two, I dont really care which, just make sure your story has no holes.

And there are definitely lots of holes left when you completely change characters and relationships yet try to pass it on as the same story
>>
The game is special and unique but I can't get over the fact the most interesting parts of the story don't get explained ingame, but in a Japanese companion book. I played the game waiting for a revelation about how the intro and the rest of the game are connected but it never came until I read the fan translation of the book.
Everyone spoke highly of the final ending, but it wasn't anything special besides the deletion of my saves.

I hope Nier 2 will have new unique ideas like it's predecessor had and it's combat system won't heavily rely on combos.
>>
Take your sjw tranny games back to tumblr where they belong
>>
>>323895161
>How can you be such weebs? Father Nier has much better motivation to save his daugher.

Entirely subjective, a brother can love the little sister he's raised his whole life just as much as a single father can his daughter.

>Kaine has that one scene which has the same impact no matter who is MC

Objectively incorrect, dialogue during quests and other scenes was altered for the father version and it heavily impacts the romantic angle. The awakening scene is just one instance of many.

>Emil is gay anyway, why can't he be into older guys?
Emil isn't even hinted to be gay in the dub unless you're wearing Taoist goggles, and doesn't shyly hit on/compliment the body of dad NieR as much as he does bro NieR. It's a big difference.
>>
>>323895112
>but it still made it sound like you were the real bad guy in all of this
uh, what? it's not just black and white, kid, no one asked for all this shit to happen. everyone is just trying to survive as best they can. the ideal "happy end" is impossible because no one can communicate or remember the truth and even then there can be no perfect solution where everyone can have what they want.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>323895112
>game doesn't explain enough for you to truly understand the weight of your actions
It's like you never even finished NG+.

>you're not given the full picture
That was the intention. You're playing as a guy who tries to save his daughter. He don't really give a shit about gestalt project and history of the world he just want to save his daugher.

>the game doesn't even try to acknowledge whether or not your daughter is cured
She's not and everybody dies. But they'll spend some happy time together.
>>
>>323895390
>Emil isn't even hinted to be gay in the dub unless you're wearing Taoist goggles, and doesn't shyly hit on/compliment the body of dad NieR as much as he does bro NieR. It's a big difference.

>mfw Emil straight up says he wants to find a girl and get married one day
>allegedly he's actually supposed to be gay
>>
>>323895102

I think you're misquoting, because that's not what I said. I think the multiple play through would have been ok, just not in its current form. Honestly B shouldn't exist. I'm not saying you shouldn't see the shade's motivations, as shitty as I think they are, but I'm saying on your second play through, instead of ending where B did, have it continue on to C/D. Therefore, you'd have one play through, and on the second play through, you get the motivations, and branching story choice. On the third play through, I was anticipating more cut scenes, but was sorely disappointed when it was all the same until the end. There was no need for a third play through.
>>
>>323895390
Wearing yaoi goggles*
>>
>>323895112
>they were the first to attack you, and you never had a choice to fight back
>but it still made it sound like you were the real bad guy in all of this

Why do children always think the world can be divided into bad guys and good guys?

Neither Nier or the Shades were evil/good (except Hook he was a proper asshole)
>>
>>323895368
Because Nier's dub was excellent. I don't see how any sane person can prefer jap voices.
>>
>>323895536
I'm at the stage where there's no real distinction between English and Jap dubs. People who act elitist about it are fucking idiots to me.
>>
>>323895536
It's not a matter of the voices, the problem is the dub edits the fuck out of the story and makes it weaker as a result.

I agree the voice acting was excellent, but I can't accept the shoddy localization
>>
File: 1435667102322.jpg (19KB, 444x409px) Image search: [Google]
1435667102322.jpg
19KB, 444x409px
>>323895456
>She's not and everybody dies

Except Emil who becomes a magical god and fights off aliens by shooting lasers out of his eyes Beepy becomes a colective-hivemind of super advanced robots.
>>
>>323895667
Plus there's a fuckload of tribals on earth and colonists on the moon.

Though actually now that I think about it I'm pretty sure they're all gone by the time Beepy wakes up.
>>
>>323895412

No. B path really does make you out to be a bad guy to them. It would be one thing if they really focused on the fact that they can't communicate with each other which is what is causing all this conflict, but they clearly make you out to be some sort of monster to them. It wasn't a "things aren't black and white" sort of thing, it was "things are black and white, but each side thinks they are the other color." It was stupid.

>>323895456

>It's like you never even finished NG+.

Where in the game does it actually explain that by killing the shadowlord, you're actually dooming the human race?

>That was the intention. You're playing as a guy who tries to save his daughter. He don't really give a shit about gestalt project and history of the world he just want to save his daughter.

I understand that, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes, and it would have made the game much stronger if it made it more clear what exactly you've done in the process. Honestly, I thought the game and story was pretty shit until I read the companion, and thought they had all the elements to make it a fantastic story, but just dropped the ball hard. If the game made it more clear that you basically fucked everything up despite your best intentions, I think it would have been a better game. But no, they go for maximum bull shit by deleting your save because you cease to exist. And to make things clear, I'm not "Salty" because I lost my save. I had rented the game through GameFly, and had no intention in ever playing it again once I played all "4" endings. I just thought the ideas they went with were the worse possible choices to make.
>>
>>323894476
>after seeing /v/ talk about the game so much
That's the problem, you expected something of the game, unlike us.
>>
>>323895519

I explain it in a later post, but I used quotes at first for a reason. I understand very well the world isn't divided into good guys and bad guys, but the game makes you think this way, even when framing the motivations for the shades. You're bad guys to them, just like they are bad guys to you. There's still two shades, it's just each side thinks they are the other. Which is why I thought the motivations behind the shades was poorly handled, because they were just ass pull reasons for it all, rather than grey motivations that really show how not everything is one side vs the other.
>>
File: Nieroc.jpg (118KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
Nieroc.jpg
118KB, 1024x575px
>>323895858
>but they clearly make you out to be some sort of monster to them
Yeah you really haven't finished NG+ if you can spout such nonsense

Roc is a perfect example of both sides being right/wrong
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 202x249px
>>323895858
>Honestly, I thought the game and story was pretty shit until I read the companion, and thought they had all the elements to make it a fantastic story, but just dropped the ball hard. If the game made it more clear that you basically fucked everything up despite your best intentions, I think it would have been a better game.

You can thank the director for that, he wanted to keep the game "grounded" by focusing solely on Nier and Yonah, but sacrificing the bigger picture.

Thats why i cant say Nier has a 10/10 story like everyone else does, theres too many blank spots and the game itself isnt a complete package.

Drakengard 1 has the best story/presentation thus far, but too bad its gameplay scares so many people off
>>
>>323895858
>No. B path really does make you out to be a bad guy to them
yeah, no, you idiot, it's called telling the other side of the story. sympathising with them doesn't change anything. killing a boar that just wants to feed its young doesn't make a wolf or hunter a "bad guy." just because they have feelings doesn't mean Nier doesn't have a good reason to fuck their shit up
>>
File: 1446127795163.png (259KB, 463x533px) Image search: [Google]
1446127795163.png
259KB, 463x533px
>>323895667
>yfw Beepy is final boss of Automata
>>
So nobody has translated the japanese Ps3 version of NieR yet?
>>
>>323896119
Well, at least everything is explained in interviews and Grimoire Nier unlike in Ico where Ueda is basically "fuck you it's whatever you want it to be".
>>
>>323896245
It got translated like two years ago but it's literally just the dub script with a few minor alterations to the main story's dialogue to account for bro nier
>>
>>323895858
>Where in the game does it actually explain that by killing the shadowlord, you're actually dooming the human race?
they were already doomed from the appearance of the dragon/giant. there is no such thing as being "more doomed"
>>
>>323896216
>Beepy is a support character in automata
>he talks about how he wants to explore the world
>>
>>323896067

See, to me, he's the example of what I'm saying. To Neir, they are the "bad guys" for invading the wedding, and killing Fyra. But then you see, oh no, they aren't bad guys at all because they were just minding their own business until the HUMANS came along and killed tore down the forest and poisoned the water hole! They were only acting in retribution, and the humans were the ones that are really evil, with their civilizations! There is no grey here, it's just two extremes, and each side thinks they are right. Again, it's still black and white, it's just each side thinks they are the other color. So again, the game goes out of its way to make you to be the bad guys.

>>323896181

>sympathising with them doesn't change anything.

There's a different between wanting you to sympathize with the enemy, and flat out making you a demon, showing how as you're slaughtering every loved one, survivors are gathering in their homes, scared and confused. The game doesn't just want you to sympathize, it wants you to actually feel bad for doing what it wants you to do to progress the story.

Perhaps I felt bad about this game because I had played Spec Ops The Line well before Nier, as it accomplishes what Nier wanted to do, but to me, succeeds.
>>
>>323896119
>but sacrificing the bigger picture.
Some people like it when you aren't force-fed the entire story and have do dig around a little to get the full picture

And don't pretend the Grotesqueries didn't come out of nowhere
>>
>>323896443

You're missing the point. Where in the game does it explain that?
>>
>>323896443
actually the situation could've been handled pretty well had they not decided to drop a nuke on Tokyo which spread the Giants maso all over the world.

One of the biggest "You dun fucked up" moments I've ever read in fiction
>>
>>323896534
Well, sisters explain that you fucked up some important project of "true humans" which is a clue to what really happening.
>>
>>323896480
>There is no grey here, it's just two extremes, and each side thinks they are right. Again, it's still black and white, it's just each side thinks they are the other color

You do understand that mixing white and black gives grey?

Both sides being in the right/wrong at the same times makes it a moral grey area. Are you 12 or something that you don't understand this?
>>
File: 1404621963895.png (218KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404621963895.png
218KB, 451x600px
>>323896119
In all honesty, one of my favorite parts of Nier is how it's focused so closely on Nier and Yonah that it's pretty much told from Nier's perspective.

It makes sense in a role-playing game and from a narrative perspective; additionally, it makes reading extra content like Grimoire Nier SO much more exciting and interesting. You see a small part of the story because that's what the character sees, and it makes sense. Now if there was no Grimoire Nier and stuff to help flesh out the world and clue you in on the happenings around you postmortem, so to speak, then I think the more "grounded" approach would be a mistake. As is, I think it's done great.
>>
>>323896534
i'm pretty sure popola/devola let the cat out of the bag, along with the info from the lab in emil's home, you're supposed to put things together
>>
>>323896504
If "having to dig around" means reading translations of bonus material thats not even in the game, then that means someone didnt really give a damn either way.

Drakengard 3 was even worse with that shit. Not to mention the story wasnt nearly as compelling as DoD1 or Nier, that was the icing on the cake.
>>
>>323896504

>Some people like it when you aren't force-fed the entire story and have do dig around a little to get the full picture

But have it available in the game! For US audiences, they had to read interviews and find a translated compendium that never got released in the US. The game should have had enough in game logs and collectibles that would allow the player to piece it all together, rather than not even touch on it at all.

Again, the main focus of the story is you wanting to save your daughter/sister, but you really do fuck a ton of shit up along the way. It's the whole point of showing the motivations of the shades in the B plot, to give weight to your actions. I think the motivations were bullshit and could have been handled much better, but I at least understand why they did it. And your actions at the end of the game don't really resolve anything, except get your daughter back. It arguably makes the situation worse, but the game doesn't even do anything to really show case this except for the sisters fight. They touch upon it just briefly, just enough for you to go "Huh? It must get explained in one of the other endings."

Nope.
>>
>>323896581
it's not like the giant came with a big sign telling everyone what would happen if they nuked it, then they did it anyway.
>>
>>323896671
The problem is that Nier pretends its about Nier/Yonah from the start then immediately tries to jump you into the greater context at the end of the game, which just leaves you with more questions than answers once the emotional impact wears off.

Its not a complete package, which to me isnt good storytelling. I would have preferred him finding a way to give us all the needed information through changes in the script/scenario rather than dumping it all into some book that is poorly translated.
>>
File: DD3_Caim_Icon.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DD3_Caim_Icon.png
68KB, 300x300px
>>323896727
>And your actions at the end of the game don't really resolve anything, except get your daughter back. It arguably makes the situation worse,

Yeah no shit, welcome to DoD where everything you do results in the death of billions
>>
>>323896702
D3 has a way better story than D1 tho.

Like it is miles better in every way unless you just really dug Taro's pretty poor exploration of what sort of mass-murdering psychopaths your average RPG party would logically be in reality.
>>
>>323896480
>as it accomplishes what Nier wanted to do, but to me, succeeds.
Except you are wrong because Nier was all about perspective
>>
>>323896727
Yes, it's not a game about saving the world. Yes, there's no long speach before final fight which explains you everything, history of the world, gestalt project and all that shit. You just trying to save your daugher, that's it. Gestalt project wasn't the main theme of the game. Even Shadowlord don't give a fuck about it, he just wants bodies for Yonah and himself. Only sisters actually care and they outright tells you that you fucked things up.
>>
>>323896480
>and flat out making you a demon
not at all, it only ever made me sad that they couldn't work together. the wolf leader once worked with a human, but things got in the way of that, just like in every part of the story. it's probably a theme or something
>>
>>323896657

Ok, now you're just pissing me off. You're acting like you're better because you think you understand it. Stop being so god damn pretentious about it all.

No. This isn't a mixing of white and black. This isn't a morally grey area. There is still a clear line between the two, and instead of blurring it, we're given the same extremes just from two different points of view. You're told these are bad guys. But then, you're shown they aren't bad guys at all, but you're really the bad guy. The game goes out of its way to justify the actions of the enemies you kill to such an extreme, they are not just "misunderstood", they are victims.

>>323896673
>>323896654

Again, the sisters are probably the only real hint to any of it, but even with the logs from the lab, you don't have enough to piece it together. It honestly felt like there should have been more explanation in another ending after their fight, or perhaps have their dialogue expanded in another play through, but it never comes. You know what you do messes things up, because of their reaction, but you don't know what, how, or why.
>>
>>323896963
Not really, its overly repetitive and the story hardly develops in any meaningful way until Route C.

With Drakengard 1 you're pretty much watching new developments with each chapter and each route has something unique about it. Whereas in Nier and DoD3 the different routes are basically chapter breaks in what should be a whole story.
>>
File: Devolalarge.jpg (40KB, 339x700px) Image search: [Google]
Devolalarge.jpg
40KB, 339x700px
"You have your own motives, your own desires. And we have ours. I fear it really is just that simple." - Devola and Popola

There is no grand moral message behind Nier, pay attention next time.
>>
File: 1415411084540.jpg (81KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1415411084540.jpg
81KB, 640x800px
>>323896815
I still like to think that the nuclear blast had some weird chemical effect with the maso and blasted Tokyo into an alternate timeline where it lands and becomes the Cathedral City in Drakengard.

>>323896859
I dunno, I felt that the story was always about Nier and Yonah, and it's complete. You start off trying to help Yonah, she gets captured, and you rescue her. There's a lot of extra stuff going on behind the scenes and a lot of unanswered stuff, but from Nier's perspective that doesn't matter and he never learns more. Because he both can't and chooses not to. So in his game, it's impossible to get the full picture without a straight-up text info dump (which we still kinda get with D/P). I think Grimoire Nier and stuff should be included with or in the game for sure, but I think it certainly completes it, and makes the narrative solid enough.
>>
>>323897030
>There is still a clear line between the two, and instead of blurring it

It is blured you cretin, when both sides do bad things to each other then the line becomes blured.

Stop being a retard
>>
>>323897221
But thats extremely wrong according to the director you fucking poser.

And to be really fucking honest that line just says to me

"I really didnt have the time to give you the full story behind this situation, no matter how much I actually wanted to"

based off what we see in Grimoire Nier
>>
>>323897342
>But thats extremely wrong according to the director
Pretty sure you are confusing DoD1 with Nier
>>
>>323897342
>no matter how much I actually wanted to
Why would she want to explain anything anyway? It's not like Nier gonna stop and they'll fight anyway.
>>
File: disg.jpg (34KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
disg.jpg
34KB, 600x449px
>Nier fishing
>>
>>323897230
The problem comes in when the story tries to show you the "B Side" which includes characters other than Nier and Yonah, which makes it not completely their story. Hell the voicovers with Kaine and Tyrann prove this very well.

And the kicker is that you can hardly appreciate the B-Side fully without knowing its place in the bigger context that you can only get from Grimoire Nier.

So if you limit the story to Ending A then Nier is complete, but past that then hell no.
>>
File: 032497872390.jpg (64KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
032497872390.jpg
64KB, 500x562px
Let's go explore the world beepy!
>>
>>323889101
How can she lift those heavy looking blades with those skinny arms
>>
>>323896907
>Yeah no shit, welcome to DoD where everything you do results in the death of billions

Again, I think Nier had all the elements for a good game and story, but they left out the things that should have really made it get there. The idea and concepts behind the endings aren't bad ones, but I just think poorly executed. So I'm not complaining about how saving her doesn't really fix anything, and you fucked shit up along the way, I just don't think it was executed well.

>>323896973

Ok, let me rephrase. I think it wanted to do with some themes and ideas. I didn't mean to say Spec Ops does everything Nier wanted to do, because admittedly, Nier is juggling a lot of themes and ideas, and perhaps that's why I feel like it ultimately failed. They were trying to do too many things, and so the individual parts ending up being less than what they could have been if it was more focused.

>>323896992

I understand the game is not about saving the world. Where do I indicate I think it should be, or am upset it isn't? I understand completely that Nier's man motivation is saving his daughter/sister, and everything else is just something in his way, but there are massive repercussions to that end, and the game does almost nothing to really showcase just how much you fucked things up to get there.

>>323897025
>>323897301

In every case, the shades are shown to act in self defense or retaliation. All of their actions are justified in that they are just trying to save themselves, and every action made against them to force them to act this way, is done in malice and hate. The game just doesn't blur the lines, it flips who's where.

And stop being such an ass and pretentious about all this. I don't understand why you have to act superior, instead of us having a discussion.
>>
>>323897474
Hello Justin.
>>
File: 114.png (258KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
114.png
258KB, 500x351px
>>323897474
>played Nier right after Yakuza
>fishing is not explained well
>trying to move stick in opposite direction to fish movement
>fail every time
>confused
>what the fuck I'm doing wrong?
>google it
>you just ignore the fish and pay attention to Nier instead
>>
>>323897459
It makes perfect sense for Popola but as the audience it just feels like a huge copout.

Thankfully Side B and the in-game notes help with this a little bit, but still its a shame Nier got kinda gimped by being so overly narrow in focus
>>
>>323897137
Fair enough I guess, I will admit D1 handled the multiple routes better and varied them up more meaningfully earlier on.

I just personally found the overall quality of the writing in D3 much better.
>>
>>323897520
Part B is about Kaine, yes. She knows what shadows are humans and still kills them. That's it. She don't understand gestalt project and all that shit so there's still no point to explain it.
>>
>>323897692
Part B is about Kaine and all the other shades m8

Lets not forget that huge lineup of Team Gestalt at the end
>>
>tfw your waifu canonically gets off to fucking disfigured corpses
>>
>>323897609
>And stop being such an ass and pretentious about all this. I don't understand why you have to act superior, instead of us having a discussion.

Alotta people get too full of themselves being into Taro games because its supposed to be all "obscure and counter-mainstream".

But look at the man himself and he's pretty straightforward about his approach to things.
>>
>>323897609
>In every case, the shades are shown to act in self defense or retaliation

Hansel and Gretel are simply gatekeepers

Gretel later wants to protect the small shades

Roc wants revenge

Beepy is trying to protect Kalil

Hook is a genuine asshole who kills people for fun

Wendy took over Aerie but the people there were superstitious assholes to begin with

At least play the game or have a functioning long-term memory if you want a discussion
>>
>>323897609
>In every case, the shades are shown to act in self defense or retaliation. All of their actions are justified in that they are just trying to save themselves
>implying all the shades depicted as sentient are representative of all shades.
most shades have gone completely insane that's why people report attack in the plains. after those kinds of attacks humans just regard them as threats. sentient shades are the minority, because the gestalt project was all kinds of fucked up and full of failure. under the shadow lord, sentience became more common, but too little too late, and the shadowlord wast the kind to see the current humans as being anything as misbehaving possessions with no right to exist
>>
>>323897682
D1 had an elegant simplicity that got straight to the point and was pretty effective at what it did from beginning to end.

Both DoD3 and Nier suffer from "late start syndrome", too much padding, and having 3/4ths of their actual stories stuffed into bonus material. And me personally I didnt find much about DoD3 of being a higher quality than DoD1 or even Nier - Mikhail was cool though..
>>
File: 1419369441355.png (376KB, 418x506px) Image search: [Google]
1419369441355.png
376KB, 418x506px
>>323897815
>tfw your waifu is canonically two years old
>>
>>323898016
>D1 had an elegant simplicity that got straight to the point
>Giant babies from outer-space whose existence only became somewhat understandable with Nier and DoD3

If you say so
>>
>>323898195
They said from the very start of the game that if those seals were broken shit would get fucked up

>seals were broken
>shit got fucked up

DoD3 wasted itself even trying to explain the Grotesqeries imo
>>
>>323898317
If you want to be that simplistic about it

>save Yonah
>Yonah gets saved

>kill the Intoners
>the Intoners end up dead
>>
File: 1451424222816.jpg (191KB, 970x617px) Image search: [Google]
1451424222816.jpg
191KB, 970x617px
>>323898481
>I dont understand foreshadowing

Nevermind the fact that the watchers were already some mysterious ever-present force trying to conquer. Its not like they wouldnt be trying to bring themselves into the world or anything.
>>
File: 1403847433534.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1403847433534.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
>>323898569
There's a shitload of foreshadowing in Nier as well, friend.

http://something-very-special.tumblr.com/post/36264550090/metapost-foreshadowing
>>
>>323898569
I want to fuck this fatty.
>>
>>323897937

>Hansel and Gretel are simply gatekeepers

Again, in the grand scheme of things, these guys are "good guys" protecting the Grimorie from people like you, and you're the bad guys trying to steal it and stop the human race from being saved.

>Roc wants revenge

It's much more involved than that, because Roc was burned time and time again by the humans. Roc wanted to co-exist, but the humans time and time again proved they couldn't be trusted, and killed and plundered, and raped the land they used to have. He was pushed to action, because the evil humans gave him no choice.

>Beepy is trying to protect Kalil

Holy shit the robots were the worse. You're literally shown a scene of them cowering in free and confusion as you slaughter everything around you. Again, they were just trying to protect themselves from the monster that is you and your party. This isn't just "OH, we see their motivation." You're clearly presented as a terrible person for your actions.

Hook we're never given more motivation for if I remember correctly. Most of the added cut scenes were for Kaine right? We can't make any sort of assumptions on Hook as a result.

Sort of the same with Wendy. We're not really given new cut scenes here to give Wendy any sort of new motivation.

So I was wrong. There were shades that weren't elaborated on. But the ones that were, it's not just about having the lines blurred, but changing the sides. The game does its damnest to make it clear these shades were not bad guys, but that you were the bad guy. It doesn't do anything unique or different with the idea of moral ambiguity. It justifies their actions, not just show their motivations. It tries to make you feel bad for doing what you did, because it does still have the stupid "good guy/bad guy" line, it just flips who is on what side, even when you have no say in it.
>>
>>323898656
What does that have to do with this convo, I never said Nier didnt have it.

What it does also have is alotta blank spots thanks to an overly narrow focus and the directors bumbling over what sort of protagonist they want.
>>
>These autistics defending Nier story
Shit makes no sense. And no, it's not because you have to read anything else. It's not because you need to play the other darkengard games to make sense of what's happening since no one bothered to explain why and what is this shit with the gigant. It's because Popola and Devola makes no sense. Why are they guiding you at all, telling you where the shades are and making you kill innocent things? Why are they complaining when you fight them both at the end? they know everything, why won't they fucking explain? Nier might do the same regardless becaue muh daughter, but he might at least get some perspective and actually try to reason with the shades.
King of Façade still a fucking bro.
>>
>>323898725
>>323897937

Excuse my typos, there are a couple. It's 8am and I was up all night.
>>
>>323898725
>stop the human race from being saved.
hahahaha, it's like you believe a happy ending is possible
>>
>>323898725
desu Roc was the only shade I actually felt bad about

the rest seemed to be too tryhard, especially Kalil and that stupid robot since they attacked first (me being there to kill them anyway is besides the point, they asked to dance first so I turned it into a fucking disco)
>>
>>323898834
>Popola and Devola makes no sense.
they are charged with preparing the lord's body, and that involves training it to be strong
>>
>>323898834
Its all in Grimoire Nier

Popola and Devola were working against the Shadowlord but at the same time protecting him, since he was the key to Project Gestalt. All they needed you to do was be a suitable vessel for him, but you got to powerful to be controlled like that. So shit got live.

The Shadowlord himself didnt help the situation by kidnapping Yonah and being an overly impatient fool, but I guess you can give him some slack since he's been waiting a thousand years to get his daughter back

Yea..its just that fractured.
>>
File: 1446135261380.png (22KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446135261380.png
22KB, 550x500px
I still find it hard to pick between Kainé and Zero.
>>
>>323898871
>hahahaha, it's like you believe a happy ending is possible

No, that's not what I said. Even if it was still pointless for them to try, they still thought it was going to work, and that was still their motivations.

>>323898989

That's right, go get nice and strong by killing the very things we're hoping to save!
>>
>>323895487
>>323895390
Pretty sure Emil is just suppose to have a small crush on Nier not be 100% gay for him
>inb4 its the same thing
>>
>>323899076
Furiae desu
>>
>>323898989
...so they train him by making him kill their fellow friends? And what trainning does he need? Why does he need said trainning?
>>
>>323898725
>and you're the bad guys trying to steal it and stop the human race from being saved.

You mean "you are stopping Nier, Yonah and all the Replicants from having their minds erased and replaces by the Gestalt's"

Or do you think Replicants don't deserve to live?

>It's much more involved than that

He murders Fyra because he knows the King cares for her, it's revenge.

>You're literally shown a scene of them cowering in free and confusion as you slaughter everything around you

As far as you know Kalil killed the mother of the two Junk Heep boys

Hook killed Kaine's grandmother unprovoked and even keeps goading Kaine. He is insane/evil

>Sort of the same with Wendy

Wendy did what the Gestalt are supposed to do, took over the Replicants that lived in the village, erasing their minds in the process.

Face it the Shades are not "simply defending themselves"
>>
File: 1446263587892.jpg (724KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446263587892.jpg
724KB, 850x1200px
>>323899076
>>
>>323899123
Taro confirmed he's gay though.
>>
>>323899123
I always saw it as Emil being "attracted" to Nier because he's one of the few people whose accepted him for what he was, and thats like one of 3-4 people over a very, very long period of time. Also with Nier being like the father/big bro he never had.

People try to twist that into some weird shota shit for no reason, I guess they just have to sexualize everything for it to be legit.
>>
>>323899096
>That's right, go get nice and strong by killing the very things we're hoping to save!
>>323899136
>...so they train him by making him kill their fellow friends
the insane shades are lost and cannot be saved, givig them bodies would result in no positive results, so they may as well be put to good use. try to pay attention
>>
>>323896403
Wasn't there a shitton cut out during localization though? I've heard about notes that were removed entirely from the western release.
>>
>>323899285

Except they send them into areas where there are sentient shades worth saving...
>>
>>323899406
when?
>>
>>323899483
A little place called The Aerie
>>
>>323899210
Taro has never been serious once in his entire life.
>>
>>323899553
he was sent to deliver a package, not kill everyone
>>
>>323899553
Ya know Aerie and Wendy were killed by Emil going berserk, maybe they just wanted him to kill Hook
>>
>>323899724
Did you forget that complete slaughterhouse before Wendy even showed up
>>
File: 1452717250757.jpg (52KB, 416x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452717250757.jpg
52KB, 416x480px
>>323889101
why a slutty whore would have two fucking huge swords she can barely carry? to message shes a stronk woman xddd? to let the guy know you can fap to me but not get sex? fucking stupid i hate this kinda piece of shit motherfucker designs
>>
>>323899146
Well, at this point, our view points aren't going to be moved. I still believe the game was trying to make you out to be a monster in path B, and wanted you to feel bad for your actions it was forcing you to take, rather than it being a grey situation. I feel it was forced, and the motivations were often out of character of the actions made in game, but whatever. It's late, I'm exhausted, and I just learned Alan Rickman died. I'm going to sleep. I guess it was nice debating with you.
>>
>>323899829
She has demon inside her which gives her supernatural power.
>>
>>323899790
Clearly things went out of control, it's not unthinkable they thought Nier would take out Hook and not notice the villagers were all turned
>>
>>323899716
the task doesn't matter you massive fucking retard
>>
>>323899829
>xddd
fuck off
>>
File: 1435541649236.jpg (102KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1435541649236.jpg
102KB, 576x1024px
>>323899829
>to message shes a stronk woman
>woman
>Kaine
>>
>>323900104
uh, weren't you complaining that they were sending nier to kill their "friends"?
>>
>>323889206
*it's
>>
>>323900140
Well, she is.
>>
>>323900398
>she
>>
>>323900398
50% of her maybe
>>
>>323900208
I'm not the original poster
they're sending you to an area with "sentient shades" or whatever the fuck. that's the problem. nier is going to kill them when he sees them. it doesn't matter if you're delivering packages or not.
besides the quest turns out to be completely pointless. if you're going to train his body there are much better ways to go about it.
>>
>>323900501
Her gestalt is female. She just happens to have little mutation.
>>
>>323900616
She also has a male Gestalt living inside of her
>>
>>323900737
Wasn't there since her birth, doesn't control her in any way unless she's almost dead. He's kinda like spirits in Dizzy's wings.
>>
>>323900875
Still if you were to have sex with her you would also be having sex ith Tyrann
>>
>>323900970
How about after ending D?
>>
>>323900504
>nier is going to kill them when he sees them.
this is before the shadowlord steals yonnah, so hes a lot less berserk than you might remember.
>>
>>323901119
shes be fucking your corpse into the ground
>>
Why was Hook such an asshole? They seemed far more malevolent than the other Shades.
>>
>>323901185
hot desu
>>
>>323901259
When shades are that big they're something like an combination of many shades into one form with no individuality

so its like a big ball of "Fuck you" looking to start shit with anyone it finds
>>
File: 48696216_p0.jpg (826KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
48696216_p0.jpg
826KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>
File: 61075a885212a15e93b46e58e887d354.jpg (794KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
61075a885212a15e93b46e58e887d354.jpg
794KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>323903656
Damn, I can't wait for Automata. I hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>323901259
>>323901480

This, grimoire nier mentions is several times the more shades join up the less of a mind it has and will just latch onto a "feeling", which is more often than not, violent and bad, considering its tons of minds literally going crazy when joining
>>
File: DD3_Intoners6.png (809KB, 1276x540px) Image search: [Google]
DD3_Intoners6.png
809KB, 1276x540px
This fucking boss even with the cheat video still cant get past the rapid 8 attack I feel like I'm slowly loosing my sanity
>>
>>323889101
>game has a futa character
>you can't fuck or get fucked by the futa
0/10, shit game
why bother putting a futa character if you're not gonna go deep on it
>>
>>323904596
At least there are some doujins. Wish there was more though.
>>
>>323905880
well yeah I guess. too bad most of them have shitty art.
really hard to find a single kaine doujin with at least decent artwork
>>
File: 20151009171751.jpg (1MB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20151009171751.jpg
1MB, 2400x1350px
>>
>>323904596

Because not all games have to be dating simulators for social recluses

The fact that theres canon smut about her should be good enough for you.
>>
File: kaine_by_saskeni-d7kr7au.png (3MB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
kaine_by_saskeni-d7kr7au.png
3MB, 1900x1900px
>>323889101
>draw a drop-dead beautiful woman
>give her a penis

Two nukes weren't enough for Japan.

This tranny is Japan's idea of a sick joke.
>>
>>323906934
>The witcher series and tons of other games are simulators for social recluses.

That guy is an idiot who can't stop shitposting about his disgusting fetish like most /d/egenerates, but acting like an idiot isn't much better.
>>
>>323907765

Why? Do you think more nukes would've helped their drop-dead beutiful women naturally develop penises?

Theres more than enough bait for you in gaming, but you have to whine that like 5% or less has dicks.
>>
>>323907942

You have to admit that fucking romancing options have little to do with actual gaming anon, and them getting pushed to be so important that people see an attractive woman in a video game and get mad that they cant romance them is stupid.

It is absolutely there to satisfy us virgins, CDPR handles it well and the Witcher story itself gave great basis to it.

But Nier is not nearly enough of an RPG to have anything like that, just an action game with RPG elements.
>>
>>323907765
>I don't like futa

You a fag?
>>
>>323907765
Kaine is cute.
>>
>>323907765

The moment we have a Kainé model on PC I'll begin learning SFM and sampling her sounds from the the game
>>
>>323896119
>Drakengard 1 has the best story/presentation thus far
>presentation
haha no
>>
>>323909535
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt88h362ch3sfhb/NIER_Kain%C3%A9.zip
>>
File: lookWhatCameInTheMail.jpg (310KB, 528x937px) Image search: [Google]
lookWhatCameInTheMail.jpg
310KB, 528x937px
A scale and an arm and hammer, sould gold grill and a baby mamma
>>
>>323909872

WUT

Is this working and rigged for SFM?
How come I've never ever seen one goddamn webm of Kainé plowing someone?

I'll actually keep my word though, time to learn shit and ask for my ps3 back from my bro
>>
>>323899076
there literrally the same
>>
>>323910104
>Is this working and rigged for SFM?
I don't think so but I'm pretty sure there's a way to port it to SFM.
>>
>>323903656
i wonder what other playable characters looks like
>>
>>323910349

Well thanks anyway, is it ripped from the console version or someone made one?
>>
File: nier_kaine.jpg (323KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
nier_kaine.jpg
323KB, 700x700px
>>323910450
Ripped of course.
>>
>>323908176
>You have to admit that fucking romancing options have little to do with actual gaming anon,

They are there to make the game more immersive and to entertain, just like tons of other game choices and possibilities. So, yeah, the are also as serviceable as many other elements from that point of view. It also works for the characterization as much as many other kind of elements and interactions.
But some people get so anal devasted about it that it's ludicrous. It's like that using those elements is a sin for those people, even when they are used reasonably well.

> and them getting pushed to be so important that people see an attractive woman in a video game and get mad that they cant romance them is stupid.

I have already said that I think he's a fucking idiot.
BTW, I have always found funny how the more disgusting the fetish is the more aggressive and stupid the person is.

>It is absolutely there to satisfy us virgins,

Yeah, that's why all my normalfags friends like that and some fanservice in games. Try to be less full of complexes, seriously.

>But Nier is not nearly enough of an RPG to have anything like that

I don't care about Nier, I was just talking about what you wrote. I got that you wrote that just because that guy was being annoying and obnoxious, but people on /v/ should really learn to reply without stupidly bashing and trashing something to support their points.
>>
>>323910701

Not bad, finally I have the motivation I needed, I won't rest until I have one of those POV facefuck webms with her with lots off cussing and berating and calling you a little bitch while seemingly fucks your throat

jk, I'll rest, a lot
>>
>Oh, it looks interesting.
>No PC port
>No Vita port

Fuck.
>>
>>323912281
Vita port actually was in development but was cancelled.
>>
File: caim and angelus854.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
caim and angelus854.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>323912281
I think they were actually interested in making a Vita port at one point, but it ended up getting cancelled.
>>
>>323912443
>>323912520
Fuck. Is Drakengard any good?
>>
File: mikhail83.jpg (220KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
mikhail83.jpg
220KB, 600x540px
>>323912613
If you can stomach repetitive gameplay, then give it a shot.
>>
>>323912703
Meh. I'll put it into my Action RPG backlog.
Thanks, man.
>>
>>323912281

Just get a CFWd PS3 brah, cheap, tons of games - it is THE way to buy consoles.
>>
File: 51594788_p0.png (381KB, 900x898px) Image search: [Google]
51594788_p0.png
381KB, 900x898px
>>
Does Kaine has balls aswell? Or just dick? It's important.
>>
File: 1445979764188.png (255KB, 666x998px) Image search: [Google]
1445979764188.png
255KB, 666x998px
>>
>>323906918
>Boar
BOAR DRIFTING CONFIRMED?
>>
>>323907765
>tranny
She isn't a tranny, learn the difference you fuck.

You're just as annoying as all the idiots calling her a trap.
>>
File: caim and angelus780.jpg (348KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
caim and angelus780.jpg
348KB, 800x1155px
>>323917836
Maybe you'll be able to raise it.
>>
>>323895858
> B path really does make you out to be a bad guy to them

>chase down and kill children as they run from you without attacking
>literally have the thought that what you're killing feels human, but ignore it and keep killing
Why would they not consider you the bad guy? Most of them are just chilling in their own areas while you run around slaughtering them.
>>
>>323899210
So gay he has a wife.... Nice.
>>
>>323896859
That would be awful storytelling and make the game bloated. The entire point is that you're experiencing a small part of the world, knowing only a little more than what your characters do. Why should your character suddenly be the only person in the world who knows everything that ever happened? It makes far more sense to tell a story within a world, then provide more information about the world elsewhere for those who need it. It's like complaining that the Star Wars prequels didn't squeeze in the entire expanded lore or something.
>>
>>323918389
>6 years old kid has a wife
Nice.
>>
>>323919212
He has a kid too?
>>
>>323919476
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>someone complains about "all ending are bad"
>in a Drakengard semi-sequel
>Drakengard. The setting where no good deed goes unpunished and everything is shit and everyone is miserable
>>
File: 1445980358863.png (349KB, 378x900px) Image search: [Google]
1445980358863.png
349KB, 378x900px
>>
File: two and cent15.jpg (644KB, 750x875px) Image search: [Google]
two and cent15.jpg
644KB, 750x875px
>>
>>323921540
l-lewd
>>
Is there a better kaine doujin than the dickcheese one?
>>
>>323889101
>>323889353
more
>>
>>323920537
I dont understand people who always want their precious happy endings. It's actually really refreshing to see things get fucked beyond belief, leaves a much bigger impact.
>>
I wonder how exactly new replicants intagrates into society. Like there're Nier and Yonah. Yonah dies. When she'll be replaced with new Yonah? When Nier dies? Is it generation thing or something?
>>
>>323915962

Nobody knows, I think grimoire confirms she has both parts though which I'm not that into personally

It also confirms that theres no feminine penis anywhere, Kainé has a huge throbbing veiny fat cock.
>>
>>323924430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQTaYL_iFY
>>
>>323924705

Devola and Popola handle it, basically they are replaced while pretending that people make children.
Someone dies?
Devolapopla takes their body and recycles them into whatever they are made of.
Someone is preggers? (I'm not sure if its even possible but the concept is used)
They go to Devolapopola get a baby from them - and said baby is some other replicant in their constant re-making of their them.

Its murky at best. the point is that both death and birth goes to the robots and they secretely make it all happen.

real question is why nobody asks who the fuck are these two ever-young deathless life-makers with us
>>
>>323924012
Just like the game!
>>
File: 12643.jpg (529KB, 500x5570px) Image search: [Google]
12643.jpg
529KB, 500x5570px
LMAO

Another prime example of /v/ trying to force their fetish upon others with no visible evidence that SHE is actually a shemale

Just forced bullshit from /v/'s side, just like Poison.

Both are girls unless you can prove otherwise. Until then, deal with it.
>>
>>323926226

Are you for real anon?
Taro has not only confirmid it, theres canon stories about her beating off in Grimoire Nier, which is again, official additional content for the game.
>>
>>323926226
I fucking love that pic.
>>
File: 1447460607585.gif (608KB, 480x396px) Image search: [Google]
1447460607585.gif
608KB, 480x396px
>>323926226
>shemale
Congrats, you're retarded.
>>
I would tenderly suck Kaine's feminine penis.
>>
>>323926726
Best doll.
>>
>>323926445
>>323926493
>>323926726
bunch of sick fucks
>>
>>323927024
But I just like that pic.
>>
>>323926226
Yep. Not like the game absolutely implies that she's sporting a wang but really, sperg on anon.
>>
>>323927024
hurr durr I was only pretending
>>
>>323894476

Actually agree with this anon and clicked into the thread to post something similar.

The game isn't that great. It's maybe like a 7/10, but /v/ made it out to be some hidden gem and it's really just sort of lame.

I played through all 4 endings because I thought it was building toward something but, no, it wasn't. There's really only the need to beat it once and watch the three other ending on jewtube.
>>
>>323926226
Another prime example of anon being triggered.

Just like the tumblrites making headcanon about Samus being transgender, you get triggered and have to make your own headcanon about a confirmed hermaphrodite being a regular girl.

literally tumblr
>>
>>323927347

>a cult hit is not a 10/10 AMAZING FOR EVERYONE title

Why are you surprised you dumb sack of shit?
You played through it for 4 endings when you CLEARLY knonw how much you'd like it after the first one?

God you people are shamefully stupid.
>>
>>323927581
>tumblrites making headcanon about Samus being transgender

What, why?
>>
>>323918616
If it was meant to be so confined them there shouldve obly been Ending A and nothing else

When you start introducting the alternate perspectives that can only be fully appreciated once you know the greater context, it just feels wasteful they didnt try to have it there to begin with

Sure its Nier and Yonahs story on paper, but in practice its far from it
>>
>>323909783
Compared to Niet not even knowing what protagonist it wants and DoD3 being the chopped up mess it is, DoD1 is a masterpeice in comparison with how it presents itself

It plays it straight all the way with no bullshit, the soundtrack is good too. I hold it and Nier's about equal
>>
>>323927717
who cares
>>
Papa Nier > Onii-chan Nier
>>
>>323897540
blades aren't heavy
>>
>>323892856
Nah it was more powerful, something along "start making sens you rotten book or I'll rip your fucking pages off one by one". Though this is just from my memory of hearing that every single time you launch the game.
>>
File: mikhail84.jpg (333KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
mikhail84.jpg
333KB, 1200x900px
>>323928625
She mentions ripping out pages and furnaces after yelling at Weiss that he'll be sorry.
>>
File: 1444507572320.gif (954KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1444507572320.gif
954KB, 400x225px
>>323927024
>I'm gonna talk about stuff that I don't even understand what it is I'm talking about
>>
>>323927012
Indeed.
>>
File: 1445980152615.jpg (446KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445980152615.jpg
446KB, 535x800px
>>
>>323894476
You really typed all that just to be wrong
>>
>>323930935
Fucking hell!
>>
>>323930935
is that bulge supposed to be her balls/dick or just a puffy vulva
>>
>>323933185
Yes.
>>
>>323895368
They made the change to two characters because Taro wanted to make it about Father Nier, but the Nippons would want Brother. I think it was the publisher that made him at least include Brother, it's in Grimoire Nier somewhere, the interview part I think.
>>
>>323934154
Nope. Game was always about siblings, it was the core idea. But then they decided to make a father version for the west because cultural differences.
>>
>>323896671
Does this picture come in a larger resolution, or do you perhaps have source?
>>
File: 1446590630631.jpg (3MB, 1200x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1446590630631.jpg
3MB, 1200x1740px
>>
File: manah23.png (865KB, 1083x1441px) Image search: [Google]
manah23.png
865KB, 1083x1441px
>>323935448
>>
>>323889101
>playing this right now

FUCKING NEIR 2 BETTER NOT SUCK PLEASE HELP
>>
File: 1448343714574.jpg (1MB, 3000x2345px) Image search: [Google]
1448343714574.jpg
1MB, 3000x2345px
>>
File: dito13.png (190KB, 494x700px) Image search: [Google]
dito13.png
190KB, 494x700px
>>323935820
I don't think it will. Taro did say that you shouldn't get TOO hyped, though.
>>
>>323926226
>Can't prove either side, therefore my input is valid
Nigger, kill yourself.
>>
>>323935994
>Taro did say that you shouldn't get TOO hyped, though.

Are you fucking serious? That is code for "I'm fucking embarrassed but it has to come out don't rape me"
>>
>>323936553
Something like that.
>>
File: 1444154704470.jpg (35KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1444154704470.jpg
35KB, 317x265px
>>323889101
When she talks mean it makes me hard
>>
>>323935994
>Taro did say that you shouldn't get TOO hyped, though.

Yeah I'm gonna need some sause on that
>>
>>323936779
Same here.
>>
>>323936781
Fucking hell I can't find it.

I swear he said something like that. Maybe I'm just being dumb and misremembering it.
>>
>>323935820
Considering Nier is fucking awful I doubt it could be worse
>>
>>323937449
I hope you are because that really sounds like "get ready for another Drakengard 3"
>>
File: automata19.png (1MB, 1024x456px) Image search: [Google]
automata19.png
1MB, 1024x456px
>>
>>323937783
dank meme
>>
>>323938551
This is what makes me nervous. I don't fucking want le destroyed world look at what we become so edgy shit. I fucking want a quaint village where I bring my daughter watermellons and then fight back on evil trying to take away our village.
>>
File: 1421453101623.jpg (388KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1421453101623.jpg
388KB, 700x1000px
>>
File: 1417036491130.jpg (180KB, 800x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1417036491130.jpg
180KB, 800x1338px
>>
File: nier-cover.jpg (62KB, 738x613px) Image search: [Google]
nier-cover.jpg
62KB, 738x613px
>>323938990
>I fucking want a quaint village where I bring my daughter watermellons and then fight back on evil trying to take away our village
I just have a perfect game for you.
>>
Father Nier > Brother Nier

Three > Two > Zero > One > Five > Four
>>
File: 1423861249970.jpg (149KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1423861249970.jpg
149KB, 1200x1800px
>>
>>323938990
Dumbass, the end of the original Nier had a destroyed city just like that.
>>
>>323935657
Best girl
>>
File: 1428740841427.jpg (320KB, 860x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1428740841427.jpg
320KB, 860x1214px
>>
File: cathedral city2.jpg (90KB, 1280x751px) Image search: [Google]
cathedral city2.jpg
90KB, 1280x751px
>>323939409
I like Red more, but Manah was strangely enjoyable.
>>
File: DD3_Four_Icon.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DD3_Four_Icon.png
68KB, 300x300px
>>323939259
>Four not number 1
You fucked up.
>>
File: 1428738408410.jpg (2MB, 1447x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1428738408410.jpg
2MB, 1447x2046px
>>
File: 1410195889908.png (483KB, 700x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1410195889908.png
483KB, 700x1036px
>>323939573
>not liking four
>>
File: 1424887112214.jpg (27KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1424887112214.jpg
27KB, 500x479px
Is Nier fundamental in oroder to understand Automata?
>>
>>323939573
>>323939852
She was an annoying, irredeemable cunt and the only one I was glad to murder.
>>
>>323940075
How the hell would anyone here know?
>>
>>323940075
yes
>>
>finished this game yesterday

You faggots were right, it was great, thank you. Is Drakengards horrible gameplay worth slogging through?
>>
>>323940075
Don't think so, it'll be different story in the same world. But you should play Nier anyway, since it's a great and unique game.
>>
>>323940075
None of the other Taro games required knowledge of the previous entries to enjoy, so I doubt it. I'm sure you'll get more out of it if you're familiar with Nier though.
>>
>>323940579
Drakengard 1? Barely. Drakengard 2? Fuck no. Drakengard 3? Definitely.
>>
File: mikhail79.jpg (415KB, 947x624px) Image search: [Google]
mikhail79.jpg
415KB, 947x624px
>>323940579
Yes.
>>
Kaine is a hermaphrodite, not a tranny. They're completely different things.
>>
>>323940743
They're all connected no? So if 3 is worth playing it would be best to play 1/2? I don't want to be a filthy casual and watch on youtube or something.
>>
File: 1443217758307.gif (1MB, 510x326px) Image search: [Google]
1443217758307.gif
1MB, 510x326px
>>323940632
>>323940645
>>323940546
Fug, now I have to pick up Nier. Thx anyway.
>>
File: kaine.jpg (122KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
kaine.jpg
122KB, 600x700px
How is she so pretty?
>>
>>323941010
Then play them. Drakengard 1 plays the worst, and is one of the worst playing PS2 games I've played, but the story and music make up for it. Drakengard 2 plays better but everything else is shit. Drakengard 3 has a decent story and music but plays the best by far.
>>
>>323941127
good artists
>>
>>323894476
You'll appreciate it more when you're older.
>>
>>323934619
You are wrong.
>>
>>323941762
No, I'm not.
>>
>>323941861
yes, you are
>>
>>323941995
>In the planning stages, “the story of siblings” was the only idea, but taking into account the different markets for the platforms, “the story of a sturdy father fighting to protect her daughter” was born.
>>
File: 651e2447143f2be811f323f0e0eb374f.jpg (590KB, 1500x1159px) Image search: [Google]
651e2447143f2be811f323f0e0eb374f.jpg
590KB, 1500x1159px
>>323941762
He's not.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/20/barbarian-nier-was-born-in-los-angeles/
>>
File: 2015_12_18_00004.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015_12_18_00004.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>323899165
> liking the psycho bitch slut
>>
>>323936781
>>323937974
Not sure if you're still here but he was probably talking about this.

Yoko: Platinum Games makes some of the best games. Please try not to expect too much from my settings and stories. “Boys who expect to much will soon wither”, no? So…..don’t do it.

http://nier2.com/blog/2015/11/02/dengeki-online-interview-with-yoko-taro-and-yosuke-saito/
>>
File: 40266361_p0.png (167KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
40266361_p0.png
167KB, 800x800px
>>323943573
>not liking the psycho bitch slut
>>
File: angelus186.png (176KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
angelus186.png
176KB, 500x500px
>>323943641
Ah, so I'm not crazy. Thanks.
>>
anyone else here worried about the story of Automata?

The stage play its based on was really fucking bad, it focused way too much on the moon colonists politics and really fumbled the existentialist/religious elements with the androids.
>>
>>323944460
Its going to have 3 protags so we'll see what happens, not really expecting anything mindblowing though
>>
File: DD3_Two_SS9.png (416KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
DD3_Two_SS9.png
416KB, 640x540px
best girl
>>
>>323924225
Disgusting.

The only good Kaine doujin is the one where she has loving and heartwarming sex with his bro Nier.
>>
>>323939726
I want art of Kaine pegging Zero good now. Time to commission someone.
>>
>>323943641
but what does it mean
>>
File: 41419675_p0.jpg (198KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
41419675_p0.jpg
198KB, 714x1000px
>>323946558
A cute.
>>
File: 57-9hVYx7f.jpg (103KB, 579x942px) Image search: [Google]
57-9hVYx7f.jpg
103KB, 579x942px
>>323946558
>>323947821
Characters being nice?
THIS CANNOT STAND!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsLMEsjpBSM
>>
>>323947821
>>
File: 53004499_p0.jpg (619KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53004499_p0.jpg
619KB, 850x1200px
Four did nothing wrong. If you knew anything about Drakengard elves you would know.
>>
>>323944460
The stories of all of Taro's games, when taken on their own, are kind of weak. It's only in combination with everything else that they really shine. I'm not too worried about it.
>>
>>323950276
His stories are fucking fantastic when you compare them with other video game stories. Film/literature, not so much.
>>
File: P3.jpg (110KB, 548x1024px) Image search: [Google]
P3.jpg
110KB, 548x1024px
Just finished Nier an hour ago, the automata hype is in overdrive.
I want 2B to step on me
>>
>>323894476
many japanese series span over multiple media in order to maximize the shekels, to judge plot and shit properly you'd need to know the whole pictur with all the accessory spin offs and whatnot

it's not possible to judge nier as a whole without being a moonman so you can only make an informed opinion on the gameplay which since we're talking about Cavia it's guaranteed to be a steaming pile of shit

the only reason to play drag games left is the no sugarcoating about everything going to shit and that good guys can win but in the end it doesn't matter, once that novelty wears off you're left with a 6/10 game at most
>>
>>323894798
>not wanting your prostate poked instead
>>
>>323924794
I don't think she has both. In that story it mentions she has male parts where female parts should be. Also from the background story it seems like she was a boy that dressed and acted female and somewhere down the line she developed huge tits. People refer to her as futa/tranny, but she's really intersex. Which is different.
>>
>>323907765
Isn't she a hermaphrodite? Meaning she has both.
>>
>>323894798
I want to taste her milk directly from the source and I'm not talking about breast milk
>>
More info on Automata when?
>>
>>323953238
Both in the sense that she has female tits and a male sick. Probably a set of ovaries too given the big ol titties.
>>
>>323953775
*male dick
>>
>>323953775
I don't know about you but I always imagined that she has both a dick and a pussy.
>>
>>323943641
I think that he is just warning Platinumfags to don't expect a typical Platinum game with over the top story and a cheesy happy ending.
>>
>>323954446
I personally don't expect it.
>>
File: LauraBailey3.jpg (732KB, 997x1495px) Image search: [Google]
LauraBailey3.jpg
732KB, 997x1495px
>>323889101
Nier was the game where I really started to appreciate Laura Bailey and the quality of her voicework
>>
If I understand it, the plot line of the series goes
Flower - Drakengard 3 ending D - Mother Grotesque - Tokyo, Drakengard ending E - Salt in the atmosphere, shades, Red Eyes, combat androids, gestalt project, extraction from original Nier - time lapse, Nier

But I don't get what Mikael's post ending D thing meant. He mentions the same combat android girls as in Nier's universe. What happened? Did he get teleported over too?
Also, is the flower still alive post-nuke?
>>
File: angelus88.png (173KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
angelus88.png
173KB, 600x400px
>>323955430
I don't remember him ever mentioning the YoRHa androids specifically, he just called them "mechanical children". They could be any kind of robot.
>>
>>323955127
Why is a girl like that working on video games?
>>
>>323949038
source?
>>
>>323889101
>playable trap

my fucking dick
>>
>>323959220
You can't play as Kaine.

Unless you're referring to 2B, but you'd still be incorrect.
>>
File: 1440406306671.jpg (18KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1440406306671.jpg
18KB, 450x338px
>>323959220
>trap
>playable
You're wrong in both accounts.
>>
>>323959220
>sfm porn

soon brother
>>
>>323959542
>>323959352
>can't play as a qt trap

There goes my life's ambition
>>
>>323953215
>it seems like she was a boy that dressed and acted female and somewhere down the line she developed huge tits.
>intersex

Where are you getting these?

She is literally a women replicant, due to a system malfunction he a dick too.
>>
File: kaine.png (6KB, 1283x60px) Image search: [Google]
kaine.png
6KB, 1283x60px
>>323953215
>it seems like she was a boy that dressed and acted female and somewhere down the line she developed huge tits. People refer to her as futa/tranny, but she's really intersex.
You deserve a permaban.
>>
File: gabriella8.jpg (255KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
gabriella8.jpg
255KB, 1000x750px
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.