[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Convince me any FPS outside of the Halo series...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
File: halo 3.jpg (181 KB, 791x1118) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
halo 3.jpg
181 KB, 791x1118
Convince me any FPS outside of the Halo series itself has more fun multiplayer than Halo 3. You literally cannot find a more entertaining FPS multiplayer out there then Halo 3.

Deep down you objectively know this is true.
>>
>>323836397
Modern Warfare 2
>>
File: 1445487894294.png (10 KB, 625x790) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445487894294.png
10 KB, 625x790
You have shit taste so any game I try to present will be automatically ignored.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1313026520617[1].jpg (16 KB, 294x294) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1313026520617[1].jpg
16 KB, 294x294
>>
3 had the best MP. CE is a very close second, tied if you want to get technical. 2 was an unbalanced mess for MLG-wannabe kiddies who can't stop crying about hitscan BRs. Reach was garbage. There hasn't been any other Halo games made besides Halo Wars (which was medicocre-okayish for a console RTS).
>>
I haven't laughed so hard at any other shooter ever made as I have playing Halo 3 online.
>>
File: insurgency.jpg (477 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
insurgency.jpg
477 KB, 1920x1080
>>323836397
Insurgency for always and forever
But only on Aussie servers
>>
Halo 3 is slow as fuck and the gunplay is shit
>>
>>323836397
I agree. Playing customs with friends all day are some of my fondest memories in gaming
>>
>>323836397
Played it back in the day. Still in my top 3.
>>
>>323837771
>Halo 3 is slow
Deliberate speed meant for more tactical play

>gunplay is shit
Gunplay was a massive step up from Halo 2's pea shooter feel. Halo games in general have a strange gun balance that in any other game would be awful but for Halo this balance is necessary and actually works towards making the game better. To put it short, Halo is actually improved by being a BR mainly game. Although I don't think it would have hurt had they made the carbine a bit better like it was in the beta.
>>
UT 99 was/is the best multiplayer game. I'd still play it if I had any friends around.
>>
>>323836397
Tribes: Ascend

You can't go fast in Halo 3
>>
>thread nearly archived with minimal posts

Yep I think /v/ agrees with OP here. I got to agree myself. Nothing really more to discuss.
>>
Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time
>>
>>323840217
>You can't go fast in Halo 3
It didn't need a go fast for autist button. This is what ruined Halo.
>>323840474
Same
>>
>>323836397
Every single vidya experience I have had has paled in comparison to Halo 3 customs so yes I agree
>>
>>323837771
its slow gameplay is what i loved about it. So much more skill and tactical based
>>
>>323840638
>go fast for autist button
>>
File: 1304259585613.jpg (48 KB, 460x497) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1304259585613.jpg
48 KB, 460x497
>>323840321
>>323840474
>>323840638
>>323841240
>>323841326
>>
>>323842507
>halo
>ever needing sprint

Sprint is one of many things that ruined the series.
>>
>>323842906
>implying going fast in tribes is sprinting
>>
>>323842552
Great argument, you sure changed my mind with those hot opinions
>>
>>323836397
Halo 2 and CE you shitter

I bet you think SWAT is good too.
>>
>>323836397
> DOOM
> Bad Company 2
> Quake
> Tribes
> Counter Strike
> Insurgency
> BF2142
even freaking Metroid Prime 2 MP is more fun that Halo 3
also this >>323843242

and the list goes on and on
just a few games from my mind
>>
>>323843242
>outside of the Halo series itself
>>
>>323843172
that wasn't an argument, you mongoloid fuck.
>>
>>323843110
Halo never needed to go fast even without a sprint button. It is slow because it was meant to be more tactical. Tribes speed in Halo makes Halo shitty.
>>
File: 1394006510617.jpg (59 KB, 957x718) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394006510617.jpg
59 KB, 957x718
>>323836397
>Other than other halos, Halo 3 is the best because it's better than every other shooter, therefore Halo 3 is the best multiplayer FPS

Your using fucking awful logic there mate. CE, 2 and 5 if and when it gets the appropriate game modes are better in almost every way other than customs, and once 5 gets the game modes it needs it won't even have that anymore. so why don't you go fuck yourself and continue to love the floaty, plasticy physics that was Halo 3.

I hope you get impaled on a dick OP
>>
>>323844172
who cares
>>
>>323838150
Game feels slow and clunky as shit compared to the first two games and the BR online is a fucking joke.
>>
Fucking plebs.
It's got nothing on quake 3
>>
>>323844992
The running speed is about the same. Only reason some prefer 2 over the others is because they liked the hitscan feel of the human weapons. I like 2 but 2's guns felt like freaking pea shooters dude.
>>
>>323836397
Halo 2 was more fun to play solo
CE PC is king of LAN
>>
>>323844325
>Halo
>Tactical

Pick one faggot
>>
>>323836397
halo reach assassinations are p gucci desu
>>
>>323844535
Besides 2, 3 was a top 3 XBL game for many years. In fact it actually beat out CoD4 in popularity. Just a little fact there that most revisionists like to imagine didn't happen when it clearly is true.

Halo 5 can't even fucking become number 1. It's an absolute joke of a Halo game.

>inb4 you make some lame ass stupid claims of hurr that doesn't mean Halo 5 is worst

Well yes it kind of does mean just that you faggot.
>>
>>323845504
That other anon is right. 5 has good multiplayer though, just a lack of gametypes
It's a damn shame too because even with the lack of gametypes the ridiculous stuff people can create with the new Forge make the game so fun to play.
>Duck Hunt with Object scripts
>>
>>323845316
>he never ran with a team that understood map control and timing the power weapons
Must be rough not having friends anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>323845252
>claims 2's guns felt like peashooters
>praises 3's
>>
>>323845252
>play Halo 2 online
>typically take 5 shots off-host to kill someone unless they are far away
>4 shot constantly if you are host

>play Halo 3 online
>unless you are close or maybe midrange you will never 4 shot someone off-host even if you lead well

Only better thing in Halo 3 was the sniping and no noob combo. The sandbox was even more broken in 3 with dual-wielding being made 100% useless. Maps were a big downgrade too.
>>
>>323845927
>Halo 3's assault rifle
I literally feel sorry for the weapon because of how soft the firing sound was
>>
>>323845870
Yeah 5 had the potential to be the best one since 3 and probably better than 3 in some ways. But the game was barebones as fuck at launch and still is. 343 is incompetent and the Xbox One sucks so that doesn't help either.
>>
File: halobabby.jpg (146 KB, 602x792) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
halobabby.jpg
146 KB, 602x792
>>323836397
>Suddenly /v/ loves Halo

What happened?
>>
>>323836656
timesplitters 2

Timesplitters 3

counterstrike

csgo

half life
>>
>>323846141
Well with that retarded campaign there was no chance that it could beat ODST
But I agree completely with your sentiments for multiplayer
>>
>>323836397
>HALO 3
>Good

Pick one.

And HALO 2 says hello.
>>
>>323846291
oh yeah the fucking campaign

I remember thinking that there was no way it could be worse than 4 but I was wrong. I liked the gameplay of it but the story was a complete joke.
>>
>>323845870
>5 has good multiplayer though

Fine whatever that is your opinion. What is however a FACT is that it should be performing far FAR better considering the franchise it belongs to. Halo 3 was more popular then CoD4 on XBL FACT. Halo 5 can't even manage to crack number 1. In fact I don't even think it is in the top 3 for XBL. That says volumes about what people think about Halo 5.
>>
File: Bobby 2.gif (1010 KB, 350x264) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bobby 2.gif
1010 KB, 350x264
>>323846103
>playing Ranked TS
>someone on your team walks past the BR and picks up a spiker
>>
>>323846638
Halo 5 having like 4 fucking gametypes and no one owning an XB1 are the two biggest reason the games population is shit.

There was alot a lot less shooter competition when Halo 3 came out.
>>
>>323836397
Halo 5
>>
File: Cortez-1600-1200.jpg (757 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cortez-1600-1200.jpg
757 KB, 1600x1200
>>323846223
>timesplitters 2

>Timesplitters 3
This guy gets it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTxaNzuzmFc
>>
>>323846482
Apparently you fags have awful reading comprehension.

>outside of the Halo series

Although I guess no other FPS series compares so most on /v/ aren't even making an attempt to mention why other FPS games are good besides a couple in this thread.

I specifically worded the thread this way since Halo fans have talked about which Halo is better to death. You aren't going to convince me that 3 isn't the best in the series. At least the common consensus is that 4 is the worst though.
>>
>>323845881
>timing the power weapons
Anyone know isn't retarded could do this.
>pick up Sniper/Rocket
>look at match timer
>come back in 3 minutes
>>
File: master chef.jpg (28 KB, 330x251) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
master chef.jpg
28 KB, 330x251
>>323847093
>You aren't going to convince me that 3 isn't the best in the series

Of course not because it was obviously your first one.
>>
File: 1451080823200.png (235 KB, 325x488) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451080823200.png
235 KB, 325x488
>>323836397
The one thing I don't like about being anonymous is there's no way I can prove I'm not some faggot stirring shit but I seriously have never had as much fun in a video game as I have with customs in halo 3.

Fucking fatkid and journey. I want it back.
>>
>>323846931
>There was alot a lot less shooter competition when Halo 3 came out.

That is no excuse. There were plenty of shooters. Including the new breakout series called (Gears of War) that was a microsoft exclusive series of games that competed with Halo 3 itself as well. So do not give me that garbage. There was plenty of FPS/shooter games at the time.

>Halo 5 having like 4 fucking gametypes
An awful game is an awful game. This makes the game bad. You just need to come to terms with this. Doesn't matter how good a game plays if you don't even have many ways you can enjoy it.

>b-but it will be good in another year!
People don't buy games to wait to play them. This is why MCC was a blunder. Mircorosft had the perfect opportunity to make people jump back to their ship and they fucking blew it with that travesty. It took them 6 months to patch that shit up and I still see anons say it is broken.
>>
>>323847093
Timesplitters Future Perfect.
>Floaty gun physics that give the game an arcadey feel.
>Spiritual successor to goldeneye, but refined in every fashion.
>Varied and lengthy campaign wherein difficulty modes change gameplay variety.
>Fantastic music.
>Challenges, unlocks, and extra modes galore (you are not going to run out of things to do).
>This game is the definition of bang for your buck.
>>
>>323836397
Objectively, halo 2 has the best multiplayer of them all. However I probably had the most fun with halo 3's custom games.

If I had to play professional now I would do halo 2 though
>>
>>323847349
Nice capctha

No my first was CE. Which still has my favorite single player campaign of the series.
>>
>>323847349
>le first one meme

I'm not him but this shit about how everything in life gets progressively worse is bullshit. From an objective standpoint you can do more in Halo 3, functions better than the old games and just as well as the new games and introduced the most features by far. These are things that can be demonstrated with numbers, it's not opinion
>>
>>323836397
Call of Duty 4

Halo is a amazing game. I love Halo. Halo Reach was best.
>>
>>323847838
>halo 3's custom games

I want to play it with /v/ are servers even still up? Does anyone still play? What I miss most is the fucking autistic mayhem on mic of a million faggots screaming
>>
>>323847969
How many triple A games can you say have gotten better with each new installment?
>>
>>323847640
>get on Halo 3
>see people playing customs
>join
>"Fatkid on Omega Journey"
>leave

no
>>
>>323848260
Halo series absolutely did get better if we go from 1-3.

Many would argue the same for MGS series as well.
>>
>>323848498
bullshit it did

>CE was great
>Halo 2 was great
>Halo 3 was okay
>Reach was bad
>Halo 4 was really bad
>Halo 5 is okay
>>
>>323848620
>CE was great
>Halo 2 was superb
>Halo 3 was GOAT

fixed
>>
>>323848374
>"Fatkid on Omega Journey"
>leave

I don't get it, you don't like fatkid?
>>
>>323848150
>servers
Kid, it's a console game. You invite friends to your lobby and start it up
>>
>>323849550
well you can't play halo 2 online. That's to do with the servers for xbox live original or whatever the fuck though, right?
>>
>>323849004
staff captain detected
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
Thread DB ID: 416185



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.