[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What vocation do I play the first time around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: dd.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
What vocation do I play the first time around?
>>
Aynone you want, literally.
You can switch between them at anytime, and it's encouraged to do so.
>>
Pirate
>>
>>323835306
But are the playstyles any more difficult between them?
>>
>>323835562
Nope
You can buy the weapons and armor you need for each class right at a blacksmith.
You gain levels really quickly so you can learn your skills fairly fast.
No one class is really harder than another they all just play a little differently.
Some are very similar just with slight moveset/skill differences.

Just avoid mage, more of a support character than anything and least fun vocation in the game. Great to have in your party though.
>>
>>323835562
Warrior and Sorcerer have fairly slow gameplay.
I preferred the agility and speed of assassin or magic archer, but all classes are viable as long as you chose your pawns accordingly.
>>
>>323835787
K thanks
>>
If I remember right, the class you are at the time of leveling up determines your permanent stat growth, in other words you probably shouldn't spend 60 levels as a sorcerer and suddenly decide you want to be an assassin.
>>
>>323835215
bigger characters run faster
>>
IT'S AN ELIMINATOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8eri-tsSCw&
>>
>>323835215
Everything's viable brother, just play what you want!
Don't bother with defense, go for fashion!

>>323837781
No, each class has it's own stat growth. Which goes in 3 tiers,
lvl 1-10 has highest stat growths. 10-100 has good stat growths and 100-200 has very low stat growths.

However, despite that. You can easily get more defense and strength/Magicka with end-game shit. So don't worry about min-maxing. Play however you want.
>>
Reposting in serious thread

I wish the advanced combat items were more available in the beginning. Jewels and Tomes would've helped in many cases. By the time you get it 75% of the tough enemies are immune to everything.
>>
File: brainproblems.png (22KB, 623x371px) Image search: [Google]
brainproblems.png
22KB, 623x371px
>>323838272
I probably should have worded that better, I didn't mean to imply that your class when leveling up would affect anything beyond that current level up.
>>
Just not the meme vocation. You know the one.
>>
>>323838923
Which one is it?
>>
>>323838923
Warrior?
>>
>>323838923
Better not be talking about my homeslice magick archer
>>
>>323838923
Stealth archer is in this game?
>>
>>323838923
I'm gonna go with Strider for 200, bob.
>>
>>323838923
Ah yes, your favourite vocation.
'tis for womenfolk.
>>
Mage is the dullest, go Sorc asap if you want to use magic. Or Magic Archer.
>>
>>323839398
went for sorcerer, actually having a lot of fun

I'm assuming using the bigass spells whenever I can isn't the most efficient thing to do but going MOTHERFUCKING METEORS OUTTA NOWHERE on a bunch of unsuspecting bandits never gets old
>>
Play whatever you want, but I'd suggest giving strider a run for a while. It has balanced strength/defense/magick/magick defense growths, ok health and awesome stamina gains. It won't hamper you with any vocation that you eventually choose to main, and brainsplitter is hilariously overpowered if you invest in a couple augments. Can kill end game bosses in less than 10 seconds.
>>
>>323835562
Ranger is the easy mode. But really, all the yellow classes are great, easy to get into and quite versatile. I'd only say don't go mage, since the sorc is pretty much a straight upgrade for the player character.
>>
>>323840068
Nah big spells are the way to go. nothing like being freed from the grip of a gore cyclops by 12 giant ice spires erupting from sync casting pawns. Sync casted grand bolide is really something else too.
>>
>>323840406
Does brainsplitter get damage from that "improves jumping attacks" augment?
>>
>>323841050
>grand
wait how do you get grand spells?
I'm not really that far in
>>
>>323841296
Drops from the expansion area. Don't fret over them for now.
>>
>mfw my first playthough is always a meme playthough apparently
>played stealth archer in Skyrim
>played Speech, Sneak, and Guns in FO3 and NV
>probably going to play Ranger or Magic Archer in DD
>>
>>323841109

You fucking know it! Eminence, +30% damage on jumping attacks. All you need to do is do a jump before you execute the skill (the jump the animation does doesn't count).

So, Clout (+20% strength) + Vehemence (+10% strength) + Eminence (+30% dmage on jumping attacks) + the BBI ring that turns helmsplitter into brainsplitter + a jump before the attack = buzzsaw

With a couple conqueror perriapts, you can kill death before he has a chance to put anyone to sleep with this combo.
>>
>>323842147
Oh man, and I thought it silly before. Didn't think the aug would work for anything but that shoddy aerial strong attack.
>>
>>323842389

When I play warrior, I always slot eminence. The jumping light attack is the fastest attack that they have. It also covers quite a bit of ground, and will floor anything that flies (apart from griffins and cockatrices), as well as any enemies saurian sized and smaller. Why not have your fastest attack do more damage?

And, a pro tip, with strider, equip a BBI ring and the barbed nails. Increases the rate at which you build stagger/knockdown. With it, you can brainsplitter enemies like eliminators, and they'll be stunlocked, since you'll stack the stagger so fast. They won't last for more than 2 or 3 brainsplitters, especially if you have framae blades (BBI lvl 3 daggers), gold forged.
>>
>>323842072
>playing stealth archers unironically
>in any game
Bet you were a bosmer too, you fucking cunt.
>>
>>323835215
The better question is do you go magic or physical for your first playthrough?

Vocations don't matter as you can switch them up all throughout the game, but If you run a build that focuses mainly one magic attacks your physical vocations (warrior, fighter, assasin, strider, ranger) are going to suffer; same if you focus on physical and want to go magic (sorc, mage, magic archer, mystic knight).
If you build a balanced character you can do whatever you want. Mystic knight also prefers a more balanced build (60/40 split between magic and physical).
As a first playthrough I would suggest going full physical attack as most vocations fall into that attack type.
>>
warrior desperately needed 6 slots, imagine an air skill that you drop and slam your weapon into the ground shit there were so many options.
>>
>>323842869
I went Khajiit for the night vision.
>>
>>323842983

I think they didn't want to make them overpowered, but shit, many of their skills were utility, like fucking ladder blade.

Really, you have your arc, exodus, corona, and then maybe something to replace arc with, pommel maybe?

I get it, warrior isn't about doing tons of damage, its about tanking hits for the rest of the group, wading in and stunning/staggering/knocking down enemies, playing crowd control and controlling the pace of battle to let your pawns deal damage via rangers arrows or sorcs. Still, the 3 slots was a mistake.
>>
>>323835215
Strider and fighter are almost useless once you unlock assassin. Strider lets you steal and fighter gets a physical def boost ability, but most the the skills between the two can be found on assassin.

Mage is a support class best used on pawns, not as fun for arisen.

Mystic Knight swings both ways on magic and physical damage so you can run him at anytime.

You're choice will be between:
Warrior, assassin and ranger for physical attackers

Sorcerer and magic archer for magic attackers.

decided between either physical or magic and just switch between the vocations of that type.
>>
>>323843285
Warrior was alright in vanilla, there was a lack of enemies that did heavy damage so his armor and hp made him very hard to kill indeed. Then Dark Arisen came and made everything do crippling damage. Also added ghost armors, what the fuck were they thinking when they made those.
One of my main complaints with dragons dogma is that while they made the decision to put in phys immune enemies, they never put in magic immune ones, making versatility skewed. That being said I still love the game. Maybe a mod will come out that changed elemental imbues from just adding a bit of element to changing a portion of your phys damage to element.
>>
File: Guts_and_Griffith.jpg (88KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
Guts_and_Griffith.jpg
88KB, 960x539px
Which build lets me play as Guts?
>>
>>323843285
an empty left hand should have allowed you to add more right hand commands, like how the mage and sorc staff works.
>>
>>323843680
>they never put in magic immune ones
Aren't golems heavily magic resistant?
Regardless, seism and the like deal split physical damage so it's a moot point
>>
>>323843716
Console built
>>
>>323838923
Yeah, magick archer is overhyped.
>>
>>323843853
Wish they would have given the pure melee classes a second rate magic attack, even if it was weak.
>>
File: 1448140471885.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1448140471885.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>323843884
>>
>>323843585
Fighter is better with a sword, strider with a dagger. Assassin just has choices, he's not stronger than either.
>>
>>323843716

>Warrior levels, excellent strength and HP gains, clout augment (+20% strength)
>Some fighter, good strength and HP gains, great defense gains, vehemence augment (+10% strength) and sinew (increases carry weight)
>MK, play to get the sanctuary augment. When your health is critical (30% or below) your defense and magick defense are increased by 50%
>Strider, balanced stats and the leg-strength augment (makes you move one weight class faster, excellent since you'll be wearing heavy armor and heavy weapons)

There you go my friend. Rip and tear.
>>
>>323843716
consore onry senpai
>>
Should I play as a loli or an Amazon?
>>
>>323844772
a 188cm hip loli
>>
>>323843585
Stop memeing please. Strider shits on assassin late game and is comparable for the rest.
>>
Sell this game to me.
Tell me why people like it and what other games its similar to.
>>
File: 125125235.jpg (37KB, 330x400px) Image search: [Google]
125125235.jpg
37KB, 330x400px
>>323846072
Never played it but I was told you can carry your pawn over your shoulder so I have developed a plan

I will make a character identical to the male barbarian from D3 and I will have a twink elf boipussy pawn that I will carry over my shoulder through the game

Why would I waste my pawn making a loli/amazon if all you other faggots are doing it for me, get to work goys
>>
>>323835334

>giving crapcom money
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.