[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baldur's Gate II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 28

Hey /v/ just started playing this gem 4 days ago, i'm loving it, but i'm a newbie on such old RPG's

So i was wondering if there is any old rpg fags or even D&D players that could give me some little tips in order to properly progress.
>>
I just grabbed this and the first one - Apparently if you finish the first game you can import some stuff and be a bit OP. Other than that, I dont know jack about it. I mean, its DnD, so you'll spend a ton of time whiffing, but thats about all I really know.
>>
>asking for tips

Casual scum.
>>
>>323819291
>Apparently if you finish the first game you can import some stuff and be a bit OP

Well, not really. You get some random loot from the previous game, and if you did pretty much everything in BG1, you'll be around level 10, when a new character is level 7.
>>
>>323819461
kek i was waiting for this one

like i was asking tips about skyrim
>>
wat class u playin
>>
>>323819689
Arent levels in DnD like, huge? That seems worthwhile. Or is the first game just not good enoug to play if I'm shy on time?
>>
Played through the game for the first time a couple weeks ago and was underwhelmed by both gameplay and story. I jumped on the waggon after beating original sin. The roll play and main quest line being tailored to good characters turned me off big time. I could look passed the gameplay but the story was just lacking... Some side quest have better story and characters then the main quest line. My tip would be too lock down a build right away or your character will lack mid to late game. Conjurer makes early game a breeze at certain spots.
>>
>>323819813
Human Blackguard

strengh: 18

dex: 18

constitution 18

wisdom: 11

Int: 11

Charisma: 13

I went Bastard Sword ++
Long sword ++
Sword & shield+
two sword style+
>>
>>323819824

Oh yes, levels are a big deal, and you will breeze through the starting dungeon with a level 10 main character. But afterwards you'll easily get your ass kicked if you go to the wrong place.

And do start with BG1. It's a great game, and I'm replaying it right now. It's just that BG2 is better in pretty much every way, and has more, well, everything.
>>
Hm. Reading some forum threads, it seems the OP build is something called a Kensai cross classed with Mage making up all your levels after a certain point. 13 ->28 seems to be the number they mention... But dont these games have a lower level cap than that?
>>
>>323819091
>le gem
upvotes for you my friend
>>
>>323820852
You can only get a Kensai/Mage by using a save editor. They´re pretty op. All the survivability of a mage+ offensive spells and the crazy physical dmg of a kensai.
>>
>>323820852
>But dont these games have a lower level cap than that?

Level cap's 40, but I'm not sure how they count dual classes. The kensai/mage is widely regarded as the munchkin's choice, but I prefer the berserker/mage.
>>
>>323820852
well.. i made this build on my own but after 5 re-roll tho
>>
>>323820852
Make literally any character you like and roleplay it, you huge faggot

Also, PC mages are already OP. Kensai-mages are just OP+1.
>>
>>323821045
>You can only get a Kensai/Mage by using a save editor

What? No you don't.
>>
>>323821045
>You can only get a Kensai/Mage by using a save editor

I don't know if you're referring to elven multiclassing or something, but it's entirely possible to be a human kensai and dual into mage after a couple of level ups.
>>
>>323821426
I meant multiclass. Dual is obviously possible but gets its bonuses only extremely lategame.
>>
>>323820852

I got you senpai

Don't dual class kensai/mage, you will not have fun.

>MULTIclass fighter/mage
>use the premade companions (ie don't go into multiplayer mode and make a whole party), some of the companions have interesting backstories
>make sure to pick up at least 1 cleric/druid (Jaheira and/or Viconia are good)

If playing BG 1, have a ranged option on everyone. Slings and bows are your friend, and are really good in the first game

If playing BG 2 they aren't as good. Fights get more complicated in BG 2 and some rely on having good spells for defense. When fighting zombies have your cleric cast Negative Plane Protection and Chaotic Commands on your party (or just yourself, as you'll most likely be the person doing the most damage).
When fighting mages, have another mage cast a Breach spell to tear down their defenses.

Also, I highly recommend using the gibberlings 3 tweakpack, even if it is your first time playing, as it has a lot of convenience tweaks.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

Last word of advice, if you're playing the enhanced edition, the new characters added are horribly written, so be warned.
>>
>>323821742

>zombies

Sorry, meant vampires.
>>
You will find mages laughably weak in BG1 while in BG2 they become literal gods that make you lick their boots.

BG2 is overall the better game and has a less frustrating beginning since you're already leveled up some. While I've only played through BG1 once I have finished BG2 a couple times.

My favorite party members were:

Minsc
Viconia
Imoen
HaerDalis
Yoshimo
Sarevok

You can pre-buff parties before fights so have your clerics and Mages do that because you will need it for a lot of battles.
>>
>>323821112

There is no level cap, just an experience cap.
>>
>>323821578
>roll kensai
>go on a scroll hunt
>dual class after you get a few high level ones
>boot the whole party
>level up to kensai level almost immediately from focused scroll xp

ez pz
>>
>>323821742
I also recommend getting the NPC paladin called Keldorn. Paladins get some extremely good loot relatively early into BG2.
>>
is there any mod or something to make pre-fight buffing up less tedious?
>>
>>323821742
A warm thanks to you dude

I'm checking this fixes
>>
>>323822037

When I wanted to roll that though, my biggest problem was deciding WHEN to dual class over. There seem to be several different opinions on what the best level to do it is. I found just multiclassing to be easier, with the added bonus of getting both mage and fighter HLAs in ToB
>>
>>323820852

The kensai/mage is completely overpoweed, especially if you solo. You can get HLAs before the mid-game in BG2.
>>
Chaotic commands, spell breach, pierce magic, stone skin and improved haste are your best friends.

Crowd control is paramount in BG2. A lot of enemies can and will CC your party so you gotta counter or prevent it.

Free action, protection from evil, negative plane protection, sanctuary, and a couple others will help a lot too.

I highly recommend you read spell descriptions.
>>
How familiar are you with D&D?

For the early game, Web/Entangle + Fireball/Cloudkill work well, although not every encounter should be done this way. If you have a thief with high sneak have him scout around, and as soon as you see a cluster of enemies at the edge of the FoW you are usually okay. There's lots of other ways to cheese, but this is probably the simplest.

As much as it's micromanaging, I'd suggest you at least try to direct everyone (it's pause and play, so pause liberally)

Buffs/debuffs are ultimately what will be needed though, and things like Greater Malison will make your spells/effects that much more devastating. Later levels you will need more protection stripping and dispel magic-ing than you can shake your fist at, because either enemy wizards with immunities autocasting or magic resistant monsters.

Also, get magic (+X to hit) weapons as soon as possible for your non-magic classes. In the slums under the Copper Coronet you can get a +3 2h sword that talks, probably one of the earliest +3s you can get (important for things like golems or such which require +3 or higher to hit)
>>
>>323820098
Bastard Swords are pretty rare and don't really get too useful
>>
>>323822746

If OP wants to truly cheese it up then go 2 weapon fighting and Katana + Flail
>>
>all this kensage love
Anyone kensief up in here?
>>
I GOT A NEED /v/, I GOT A NEED FOR GOOD CRPG GAEMS

LOVED BG1, BG2, DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS
HATED NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2
COULDN'T QUITE GET INTO ARCANUM OR PLANESCAPE

WHAT DO I PLAY NOW, I'M HUNGRY
>>
>>323822898
>staff thief
>staff of the ram or striking
Don´t you have any mercy for those poor, poor mages´s buttholes?
>>
>>323822746
well i found one in the first dungeon and i'm kicking ass with it, it is a 2d4 weapon if i'm correct
>>
>>323820852
No need to do that in the basic game. If you're going to add some difficulty mods then cheesing becomes almost mandatory.
>>
File: 1452538992192.jpg (425KB, 1200x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1452538992192.jpg
425KB, 1200x1710px
>>323820098
>Blackguard

Well arent you an edgy little shit
>>
>>323819091
keep aerie and minsc with you at all times. for fun times have keldorn and korgan together. Nalia is a good replacement for imoen.
>>
>>323823196
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
>>
Played that game as a kid, I don't get why people say it is hard. I mixed all kinds of crap into my character, I think it was a wanderer or something. The game was great to.be.honest, but the ending was lacking, I remember I finished it with helldogs and turning into a monster of sort.
>>
What's better, mage or sorcerer.
>>
>>323823847
Yeah i'm so living on the edge right now dude, goin full blackguard and shit
>>
File: Asshat.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Asshat.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
I've played through the BG games more times than I can remember, mostly with the same parties. So I tried my hand at soloing the trilogy with a berserker/mage, but lost interest at the end of BG2. It was really fucking fun for a while, but at the same time, way too easy.

Guess I'll try gathering the worst party members for the next playthrough.
>>
>>323824483

Mage, gotta have spell diversity

>>323823940

>Aerie

Sorry, thought we wanted OP to have fun, not claw his ears out
>>
jesus. FUCK. this game is old.
>>
>>323824483
Sorcerer
Druid
>>
>>323823196
Underrail.
>>
>>323824590

Monks are pretty overpowered too and can one shot things like dragons with quivering palm. I soloed BG2 with one many years ago.
>>
>>323824590
>the worst party members
What, like Minsc?
>>
>>323819091
Look up AD&D ruleset
>>
>>323824483

Priest because of Harm.
>>
>>323823196
New expansion + 3.0 patch for Pillars of Shiternity coming out in feb, worth a look if you haven't tried it yet.
>>
>playing BG2 multi with friend who's never played it before
>he imported his berserker from BG1 who has 20 in every stat from "good rolls and tomes"
>say fuck it and roll up two characters, fighter/mage and fighter/thief
>he rolls another party member, a fighter/cleric
>we put 20 in all their stats
>just got to underdark
>killed the dragon ez pz

Feel like the worst kind of faggot, but still having fun
>>
>>323823196
I've enjoyed:
Fallout 1 and 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 + expansions and mods (huge still active community)

I've never played Pillars of Eternity but it's often compared to ye olde CRPGs of yore.
>>
>>323824483
Sorcerer if you play legit.
Mage if you're a little bitch and abuse rest.
>>
>>323825156

Fallout 1 and 2 were amazing, forgot to mention them because they weren't fantasy
Not a fan of star wars, but might check out Old Republic cause everyone seems to love them.
Checked out Neverwinter Nights and thought it looked kind of meh

Pillars of Eternity was a huge disappointment
>>
can someone spoonfeed me on the dual class thing in BG? I thought it works the same way it did in NWN but clearly it doesnt
>>
>>323825483

I dunno how it works in NWN but in BG

>level up a fighter to level 10
>decide to dual class
>click on character portrait and click dual class option
>choose mage
>all the progress you made as a fighter is locked, you know play as a level 1 mage
>get mage to level 11
>all your fighter abilities get unlocked, but you gain no more levels as fighter
>continue to level as mage
>>
File: nwn2main 2016-01-09 23-40-01-37.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2016-01-09 23-40-01-37.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
It seems stupid to make a separate thread for NWN2 but what classes would you recommend for the main story? I started a male human Bard but I don't know how it will fare. I went to that Wizard house and looted everything but I don't know what I'm supposed to give him.
>>
>>323823196
Shadowrun Dragonfall
>>
>>323819091
Multiclasses OP for just about anyone. The extra goodies make up for it on almost any class in the game that can do it, and Ranger/Cleric multiclass is by far the easiest face smasher to use and one of the most effective.

Dual classing is also OP but it requires knowledge to use properly. Don't bother until you have a good grasp on the game and start a new playthrough.

Wizards are not damage bots. It's not like NWN where damage spells are borderline pointless, but they're a lot less effective blasting than they are at playing support that breaches defenses so the rest of the party can fuck shit up.
>>
File: 1306623541306.gif (885KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1306623541306.gif
885KB, 240x176px
>mfw i finally realized how op mages were in bg2
>mfw when killing firkraag with a single chromatic orb
>mfw killing unkillable/glitched npcs with a stat grain
>>
thaco was confusing as fuck but I played that game when I was like 10
>>
>>323825779
Bard is decent, if unexceptional without extra support from stuff like Kaedrin's. Cleric is by far the best class for anything that's not Storm of Zehir, though.

Don't play Druid. It's not worth getting trolled by the game as your wild shape wears off due to EVERY FUCKING EVENT TRIGGER.
>>
>>323825483

Humans may not choose to multi-class, but can instead dual-class, starting from Level 2. During their career, they may choose to stop advancing in their original class and choose a new one. Once the second class is picked, the first class ceases to advance. In addition, the abilities of the first class become unavailable until the second class reaches one level beyond the level where the first class stopped.
>>
File: 1431030507112.jpg (50KB, 736x685px) Image search: [Google]
1431030507112.jpg
50KB, 736x685px
>>323823289
Nope.
>>
>>323825779
Bard is pretty good choice.
>>
>>323825963
> your wild shape wears off due to EVERY FUCKING EVENT TRIGGER
This made me so mad.
>>
>>323826252
I hated it so goddamn much. Druid is overpowered, yes, but that is NOT how you approach the problem, that's how you frustrate someone into shitting on the game through other means.
>>
>>323826252

Can it be modded, or is that some hardcoded bullshit?
>>
>>323826541
It's hardcoded.
>>
>>323826686

Whelp.
>>
>>323824785
druids are fucking terrible, mages are better nukers and summoners and clerics have better utility shit.

I keep giving them a chance but all they can do is cast creeping doom and meat shield every now and then
>>
in d&d your party fighters are usually going to be stronger than enemy fighters because of better equipment, but your party wizard will be at a disadvantage because you have to conserve spells while they can use them all in one fight. this means the way to approach most fights is to neutralize the enemy wizard as fast as possible and then clean up with your fighters.

more protips:

paladin is the best warrior class
scrolls of magic resistance trivialize most fights
scross of protection from undead make liches full retard
if you put an invisible character in a doorway enemies won't be able to get through or attack you
for enemies that don't attack until after you talk to them you can set traps on the floor and they'll go off as soon as you start fighting
an 18 in a stat is much better than a 12 or a 14
19 or higher strength is much better than 18
most enemy wizards only have 0-1 vocalizes memorized so power word silence basically removes them from a fight
>>
>>323827296

Druids were nerfed to hell and back for BG. You can mod in their original stats and progression, but that turns them into overpowered powerhouses.
>>
>>323827312

Why are paladins best warriors? Aren't they just fighters with a couple gimicky cleric abilities?
>>
>>323827443
>You can mod in their original stats and progression

please elaborate, I'm already using spell revisions
>>
>>323827637
Inquisitors get a double strength Dispel Magic and also get True Seeing, both of which are extremely powerful tools in the Wizard Land that is BG2.
>>
File: 1079438-keldorn.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1079438-keldorn.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>323827818
>>323827637
Also a certain twohanded sword that dispels certain spells.
>>
>>323827818

I'm probably playing the game wrong, but what do you use either of those for?

I don't know in what situations I'm supposed to cast dispel magic in, because to tear down enemy defenses you use breach, and dispel magic doesn't seem to get rid of ally confusing/holding.

And the only thing I can think of using True sight for is when mages go invisible, but honestly that isn't that big of a deal
>>
>>323827734

Uh, I think it was in the BG2 Tweak pack. You can choose to use the PNP spell and level progression for druids.
>>
>>323828393
Dispel is to break defenses down when you can't breach them off. That's a lot more common than you think.

Invisible enemies are a HUGE problem if they also have defenses up that render them immune to AoE spells, which is also really common. True Seeing deals with that problem outright.
>>
>>323828393
There is a different spell to dispel your allies. And dispel magic does get rid of a lot of buff spells just not certain defensive spells. True Sight is a big deal considering it also affects late game rogues and other creatures that will fuck your shit up if you can´t get them out of invis immediately.
>>
>>323828580
I already have PNP spell progression and they still lack behind, their spell repertoire can't keep up with wizards and clerics
>>
>>323827637
Best warrior class are berserkers. Berserker rage makes you immune against pretty much any game-ending status effect, including instakills and most importantly the annoying as fuck leveldrain from vampires. It lets you skip all the micromanagement of putting 10 protective buffs on any party member before any fight including enemy spellcasters.

Inquisitor is second best because of 2x level dispel magic gets you out of almost any status effect and rapes enemies protections. True sight is also super useful because it's almost instant cast compared to the cleric/mage version which has a longer casttime, and it frees up precious level 5 (?) slots for your cleric. Especially if you take Edwin as mage, as he can't cast it.
>>
>>323820212

BG1 looks so fucking retarded though
>>
>>323821954

this sounds tedious and boring
im sure the UI is a pile of dogshit too, making it a real chore

swear to god im begenning to think baldurs retarded fucking gate is more of a hipster trash than anything else
>>
>>323828393
breach is overrated. the best way to deal with wizards isn't fighting them with your wizards, it's making a fighter immune to magic and killing him while he can't fight back. another reason why holy avenger is so good is because it has 50% magic resist.
>>
>play fighter/mage multi
>before every non-trash fight
>blur
>mirror image
>stoneskin
>improved haste (or normal haste if going in with party)

am I missing anything?
>>
>>323828298
>that picture
>his face when he sees you dating a filthy drow
>>
Does PoE deserve the hate it gets by crpg fans or was it just overhyped?
>>
>>323830351
Protection from evil if you have it.
>>323830525
>Not dating Nalia or Aerie instead
>>
File: 1449236675281.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1449236675281.png
29KB, 633x758px
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY MAKE DRUIDS SO SHIT IN EVERY D&D GAME

HALFWAY THROUGH NWN2 I QUIT MY DRUID BECAUSE THE SORCERER WAS DOING EVERYTHING

NOW I'M HALFWAY THROUGH BG2 AND I FIND OUT DRUIDS ARE JUST KEKED CLERICS

Are there any games with worthwhile druids?
>>
>>323823196
>liked dragon age
>hated nwn 2

But it's better pls
>>
File: 1391903218946.jpg (503KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1391903218946.jpg
503KB, 500x706px
>>323830740
I think people dismiss aerie too early, she seems weak both in use and character wise, but when you get around ToB, she really starts to shine, both ways

she gets quite cocky
>>
>>323830906
>being a tree hugging furfaggot hippy
>>
>>323830740
>Aerie
>whines about wings all game

>Nalia
>whines about classism all game
>>
>>323831119

>Viconia
>whines about surfacers all game

>Jaheira
>whines about everything all game
>>
>>323830658
It was overhyped. It came out right around D3, which everyone was rightly pissed about.
PoE promised to be what D3 was supposed to be, then it turned out to be just ok. The weird skill system and stat tree left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.
>>
>>323830906
make a druid edit of this?
>>
>>323830962
I used Keldorn, Aerie, Minsc, Nalia and Jaheira on my very first run. Didn´t go so bad considering most of them are pretty meh in terms of power. Keldorn+ Carsomyr carried me tho.
>>
>>323831224

Jaheia confirmed worst girl.
>>
>>323831340
you're also a cuck for going after her

and its CANON
>>
>>323831268
Wrong PoE.
>>
I'm playing through BG1 EE for the first time.
I made a Necromancer PC (though I play it mostly as a normal wizard) and I'm trying to make a good neutral/good party. I've read around a bit and currently my party composition is
Necromancer PC
Minsc
Dynaheir
Imoen
Branwen
Rasaad/Ajantis

Who should I keep between Rasaad and Ajantis? I like Rasaad's fire beams and his speedy walk speed but Ajantis seems like a better tank for tougher battles.
Also, should I replace Imoen with Coran who I just found, since Imoen is supposed to be dual classed as a mage and I already have two of those, while Coran is supposedly the best archer in the game?
>>
File: canoncuck.png (112KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
canoncuck.png
112KB, 210x330px
>>323831439
But it makes you the cuckor not the cuckee so it's fine. Being Khalid is suffering.

Also Jaheira has the shittiest ending if you don't end up with her, so I feel bad not giving her the human dong that she craves so much.
>>
>>323831439
>>323832278
Khalid is fucking dead in BG2 what are you guys talking about?
>>
>>323824853
>Quivering palm

Isn't that one time use per day? The chance to oneshot a dragon is pretty damn low unless you keep reloading.
>>
>>323819291
you can't import stuff, apart from the golden pantaloons which are for an easter egg item.
>>323819091
general advice?
sure, try to have at least one mage and cleric in the group and then some melee dudes. imo ranged is pretty weak in the game.
potions are generally not needed (at least i never used potions) but i guess they can be good too.
>>
>>323832434
Jaheira does say she sees him in a dream smiling while she goes off with the PC so I guess it still works.
>>
>>323830962
>still inside the tent
>she's already whining
No thanks, i will take wincest mod.
>>
>>323832646
wait, how does a fucking ghost cuckold anyone?
anyways, best baldur's gate characters?
xan&coran in bg1 for sure and in 2 prolly edwin, amirite?
damn, i wish they had taken xan and coran into bg2
>>
>>323832503
>Ranged is pretty weak
Archer gets more attacks per round than a fighter though. And Firetooth is a pretty damn nice ranged weapon you can get rather early.
>>323832646
Umm yeah he´s a fucking ghost. He´s happy she´s found someone instead of staying alone after his death.
>>
File: Doomguide_-_FRPG.jpg (136KB, 645x687px) Image search: [Google]
Doomguide_-_FRPG.jpg
136KB, 645x687px
>not playing fighter/cleric pseudo Doomguide and killing the undead while comforting the living in the name of Kelemvor
>>
>>323832779
damn aerie was annoying...
i would take jaheira or viconia over her every day, i've only once played with aerie and that was enough.
anyone tried the new monk in EE?
>>
>>323830906
>druid
>shit
>D&D 3.5

how in the everloving FUCK did you manage to screw up god damn CODzilla
in 3.5 druids and clerics are even more op than wizards, and this is in caster edition
>>
>>323832923
well true, but i'd still take a good melee dude over an archer. paladin with that one ridiculous sword (can't remember the name, maybe carsomyr) would prolly be the optimal choice.
>>
>>323833304
I´d take a balanced party with both melee and ranged. Or just as many casters as possible because magic is op.
>>
The Aerie romance was sweet, I suppose, but they completely blew it by making her pregnant and actually giving birth during normal gameplay.

Giving birth in the woods, next to the corpses of a few giant spiders and a couple of giants sure is romantic.
>>
>>323829394
>begenning
>baldurs retarded fucking gate
>a hipster trash

Try again, preferably while sucking less dicks.
>>
>>323833429
imagine an all wild mage party
>>
>>323832493

I believe so. And yeah, the chance is pretty low. I succeeded with it on my first try against the first dragon I encountered, which was hilarious. Next time there was lots of reloading.
>>
>>323833169
You don't. Druids were powerful in NWN. >>323830906
is a moron clearly because he fucked up a caster in 3.5
>>
>>323833429
well yeah,i usually go with 2 mages,1 cleric and rest melee. melee dudes are usually like keldorn/minsc/valygar/anomen.
also mages get even more ridiculous in tob, i did love timestop+abi dalzim's horrid wilting combo, casting like 3 during the timestop was pretty deadly to big groups
>>
>>323833748
even if you play your druid as a non caster its hard to fuck it up
step 1: pick dinosaur companion
step 2: there is no step 2: you are now the best melee class in the game
>>
>>323833083
Fighter/Cleric is also pretty good and allows for diversity as you can take any companion as you like pretty much.
>>
>>323833634
wild mages are such bullshit imo, feels like an easter egg class desu
>>
>>323833748
>is a moron clearly because he fucked up a caster in 3.5
well you could always go evocation blaster mage, or at least try to
>>
File: imoen_by_nixxical-d5nznk0.jpg (170KB, 531x834px) Image search: [Google]
imoen_by_nixxical-d5nznk0.jpg
170KB, 531x834px
>you will never have a cute imouto ready to travel with you and help you without asking anything in return even though she's scared of spooky dark places
>>
>>323833634
No thanks i already hated those wild magic rooms in the Watcher´s Keep. Can´t imagine having that for an entire run.
>>
>>323833903
sure they're hideously overpowered, but at the same time they're pretty fun
accidentally turning Edwina back into a man for 24 hours was hilarious
>>
>>323832842
xzar coran
korgan ed sarevok
>>
>>323832779
My nigga.

Play NWN1 mod A Dance with Spies
>>
The Imoen romance was finally updated with ToB content. Time to see if it's still as silly as it was in BG2.
>>
>>323834106
wild mages can actually mitigate the randomness
and in return they get by far the most powerful lv 1 spell in the game, which if properly used is more powerful than several lv 9 spells
>>
>>323833748
>is a moron clearly because he fucked up a caster in 3.5
I didn't fuck up my caster. My starts were all solid. Don't get me wrong, the game is easy as fuck as a druid, even on 200% damage for enemies. But sorcerers/mages just mop the fucking floor completely in comparison.
>>
File: pQYaVqp.gif (3MB, 412x304px) Image search: [Google]
pQYaVqp.gif
3MB, 412x304px
>>323834347
Oh boy here we go.
>>
File: 1403782244477.png (17KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1403782244477.png
17KB, 202x184px
Each time when i enter the drow city i just want to cause a genocide of their entire population.
Jesus fuck those abominations don't have a right to exist.
>>
>>323834818
Keldorn pls.I hate mindflayers more.
>>
>>323834951
never mention those fuckers again.
>>
Is Ascension working for EE right now?
>>
>>323834951
in character sure
from a meta pov at least mindflayers are good at what they do: be inhuman villains for your party to do battle with. They're fucking evil but the good king of evil and their fans know it.

On the other hand drow are just as evil, 10 times as retarded and have a legion of fans trying to make the rape and torture fetishists of a species into din do nuffin's. Made worse by the fact someone somewhere decided drow should be playable
>>
File: Sans titre-2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I think there are suppose to be new waves of grey dwarves but they don't appear or like there is no other scene getting triggred. I've walk all around the village but I don't see what more I can do.
>>
>>323835616
what has that got to do with baldur's gate ?
>>
File: mindflayer.jpg (98KB, 1000x1295px) Image search: [Google]
mindflayer.jpg
98KB, 1000x1295px
>>323835234
Well mindflayers don´t have compassion/mercy simply because they´re a completely different race and see humans as livestock. As far as i know they just keep them as slaves and don´t torture them. Well except that they eat them, too.

Drow just like to be assholes because umm ... well they´re douches i guess.
>>
>>323835916
not Baldur's Gate exactly but Neverwinter Nights 2, do I really have to make a separate thread for this?
>>
>>323835959
I don't mind assholes being assholes
problem is when assholes are being assholes but you're expected to emphasize with them somehow

that said mindflayers do engage in torture, they just don't do physical torture a lot because they've evolved beyond that shit
>>
>>323834083
I don't really get why people hate Imoen so much. Is it the voice?
>>
>>323836278
People hate Imoen? What?
She's a very useful and inoffensive character a little ruined by her BG2 treatment.
>>
>>323836278
don't hate her, just don't like her either
I especially didn't enjoy her being so bland yet so vital to the story
sure I'd have gladly benched her for say Jan, but then you feel like you miss half of the story
>>
>>323836401
I hear complains about Imoen in every single thread by dozens of people, so yeah I guess something seems to bother folk.
>>
>>323819091
Heres a few general tips about all bioware games up to about Mass Effect 2.

Armor is everything and the heavier the easier the game will be. They always put easy to get armor that will last you a good long while around the start of every game.

Magic/force powers/mass effect fields are overpowered as fuck if you want to blaze through any of their shit just pick a magic or magic-like class. This is true for most D&D based games, but of bioware shit especially.

Always do a "good" run first. Bioware always stacks the deck in their games in favor of good and it is generally easy to play this way. Not that it's particularly hard to be evil but good just usually gives you more party members, options and less fights.
>>
>>323836127
try moving around and talking to everyone, if that doesn't trigger the next wave just reload a earlier save
>>
I played the first Neverwinter Nights a long time ago when I was a kid and I only got to around the point where the paladin bitch's boy toy is executed, then I fucked around with the expansion a lot without really doing anything. Should I replay them before playing NWN 2? Should I even play NWN 2 and not just go straight to Mask of the Betrayer?
>>
>>323836954
I guess I'll just start over instead.
>>
>>323837494
NWN2 main campaign, for all its flaws, is 10 times better than NWN1's main campaign

that shit was just a demo for the campaign editor
>>
>>323836757
there's a total of 1 decent armor in the first dungeon of bg2 and one helmet too.
>>
Baldurs Gate 1, archery was overpowered as fuck. Four attacks in a single roll and once you got explosive arrows, it was all over. The knockback from those downed most enemies or pushed them away before they could get in a single attack. Thieves/Mages were also overpowered as fuck.

In 2? Hammers are insane. Only a few enemies are even immune to the damage and There are some weapons with crazy high power, not to mention you can find a belt (I think it was a belt, could have been the hammer too) that boosts your strength to 25.

Magic's is OP once again in this game.

Oh and if you go pure warrior, go into Cavalier or Berserker. Both classes are very powerful, but Cavalier has a shitload of immunities that can save your ass, not to mention they get a boost against certain monster types.
>>
>>323837668
I remember liking the game because it had those cool 3D RPG graphics but I also remember nothing of the plot except something about a zombie plague and I've forgotten all of the companions. Was there even any dialogue with the companions besides "show me your inventory"?
>>
>>323829216

What do you mean? The game looks identical compared to the sequel.
>>
>>323838818
they had their own personal quests, but all of them were fetch quests and they were pretty generic to boot
>>
>>323837668
this so much, its not the best but it has it's moments it does have pacing issues but as long as you don't have an attention span of five and need plot sequences every 5 minutes
>>
File: paldrow.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
paldrow.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>323836954
I had another game started but I never finished it as a Paladin drow girl maybe I should continue it instead?
>>
>>323819091
Don't complete the guildwars chapter until you have done every quest in chap2 and early 3, especialy all the npc quest from your party members

if you wanna play EE don't purchase ANY of the DLC npcs, they are awful and poorly written.
>>
>>323837494
I always recommend playing at least some NWN2 before MotB
>>
>>323839005
to be fair I can understand people giving up on the game during the orc caves
that shit pissed me off as well

oh and the ending
>>
>>323830906
there is a fairly small mod for baldurs gate 2 where it can reclass spell access and make the druid a bit better, including the revamp of werewolf (druid) class so that it is actually functional.
>>
>>323836278
if you bring her with you in the end she rapes your party by turning into that demon in the final battle
>>
File: Sans titre-3.jpg (878KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-3.jpg
878KB, 1920x1080px
Is it against the Paladin code to Lie? I think it is but I'm not quite certain.
>>
>>323840157
is a good solution to the problem
it also gets you chaos points
get to many chaos points and you're no longer a paladin

that said good and lawful gains are incredibly closely tied to the point that staying chaotic good is extremely hard
>>
>>323840275
Paladins are always suppose to be lawful.
>>
File: Sans titre-4.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-4.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is Deenkin fine in your books?
>>
>>323840965
How'd he hide the wings?
>>
>>323841178
what wings?
>>
File: deekin big traveller.jpg (1011KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deekin big traveller.jpg
1011KB, 1920x1080px
Serious question, how did he survive the Underdark?
>>
>>323841642
"Boss" has helped him obviously.
>>
>NPC damage mod
>Sarevok looks more like a badass the more wounded he gets
>Korgan smiles more the more wounded he gets
>Minsc actually frowns when he gets near 25%
Literally EDGY: The Mod but these portraits are surprisingly neat. Seeing mutilated Aerie makes me uncomfortable though
>>
>>323842246
Her back is mutilated from the start though.
>>
>>323841642
He was just Elminster dicking off with Polymorph: Self
>>
Saerileth mod for BG1 when? I miss my waifu when I play BG1...
>>
File: 1448594192545.jpg (22KB, 213x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448594192545.jpg
22KB, 213x200px
>mfw sorcerer

it says volumes about how OP a class is when you have to actively try not to cheese every fight.

Also, Sorcerer/Anomen/Keldorn/Jan party master race
>>
>>323844398
sorcerer OP? I dont understand I though BG was balanced.
>>
File: 1438363100500.jpg (16KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
1438363100500.jpg
16KB, 480x458px
>>323819091
>gem
>i
>old rpg fags
>tips to "properly progress"
>>
>>323844489
BG1, maybe, I never played it.

BG2 allows your mage to get access to higher level spells, and some of them are just ridiculous.
Project Image, Mordenkainen Swords, Time Stop, Dragon Breath, Cloudkill, Simulacrum, Mislead, all those can be used to trivialize every fight.

Oh, and the classic skull trap shotgun with spell trigger.
>>
>>323844398
Sorcerer is nothing compared to wild mage though. Now that's a real cheese master, all his first level slots can be used to cast level 9 shit.
>>
>>323831330
Minsc is probably the best melee character in the game, beaten maybe by Korgan.

Keldorn is excellent simply because of the free instant True Sight/Dispel Magic. Too good to pass up.

>>323844857
those surges sound scary though, and I don't want to exploit a bug with stacking chaos shields.
>>
File: +9 attack bonus.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
+9 attack bonus.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>enter warehouse
>enemies have insane attack bonuses
Even if I would have a 20 to AC, enemies will hit you regardless? My characters has 18 to AC and they roll with 26-27? So enemies always hit every turn.
>>
>>323845069
>those surges sound scary though
Just quicksave a lot, none of them are THAT scary and there's a chance of positive surges as well.
>>
What class are you playing?

Don't feel forced into sidequests, just follow the main story until there's a "break per-se, and use that break to explore the world around you.

Exploration is rewarded well, as is holding on to items that can 'combine' to make a sword... for a certain paladin... hint hint...

There's no real way you can fuck up, just take your time and try and understand the characters' stories. The characters are more important than the world they live in. Let them drive the narrative. Because of this, BG2 is one of the only games where romancing is really fucking involved; because of the characters.

Read what gear does, especially Drow gear when you get into the Undercity.
>>
>>323845287
Also don't use mods, just play it Vanilla (if CDROM) or Steam
>>
File: 1451783998181.jpg (260KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1451783998181.jpg
260KB, 2048x1536px
I want to kill Kangaxx and get the staff of magi before leaving for Spellhold.

Give me some cheese to pull that off.
>>
Is this game like Diablo?

I bought it on the Winter sale and I'll probably play it soon after I'm done with Deus Ex and System Shock 2.
>>
>>323845441
The only way it's similar is that it's isometric.
>>
>>323845441
>Is this game like Diablo?

get cancer and die already
>>
File: 1313909120439.jpg (54KB, 468x401px) Image search: [Google]
1313909120439.jpg
54KB, 468x401px
>>323845542
>>
>>323845441
not really.

While both games are heavy on combat, Baldur's Gate is much more story driven and has much more meticulous combat(a lot of pausing, planning and thinking), instead of the fast paced clusterfuck that Diablo ends up being. Both are fun, but very different.
>>
>>323845542

Calm down, Reddit.

You're not impressing anybody.

>>323845536
>>323845756

Ok, thanks for the info.

I'm getting into older games this year and I'm trying these classics.
>>
>>323845418
Spell immunity to Abjuration and/or Scrolls of Protection from Magic work on Kangaxx. Also use wizard eye or something else as a decoy.

For staff of the magi just have the summoned Pit fiend kill most of them and hide (with prot. from evil) then clean up the rest.
>>
>>323845650
not a joke, I really hope you and your family get cancer and die.
>>
>>323845876
Check Pillars of Eternity; essentially a spiritual successor to BG2

And Tides of Numenera (sp?) is coming out soon too... lots of cool 'old style' CRPGs on Steam now
>>
>>323845876
you maybe wanna try skyrim too. You will love it.
>>
>>323845934

That wasn't me, retard.

Drop the act anyway, you're not impressing anybody.
>>
File: 1330511204959.png (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1330511204959.png
13KB, 500x500px
>>323845934
I'm not the same guy
>>
>>323845418
You can get like 3 Rings of the Ram by stealing them at the right times, I always use them to knock him onto a spike trap to instantly end the fight; you're probably not high enough level for HLAs, but any RotRs you can procure will put in some work
>>
>>323846028
>Pillars of Eternity
I would like the game if the loading screens weren't such an issue.
>>
>>323845418
Final form kangaaz can't deal with eye of the magi or a berserker. ( Korgan works for sure, not sure about minsc since it's another kind of berserk). You need +4 weapons tho. Not easy to come by.
>>
>>323846523
SSD bro
>>
>>323846603
Minsc doesn't work. I know because he's stuck in a pocket plane now.
>>
I'm playing Baldur's Gate 1 right now and for some reason no matter what I do Khalid keeps dying like a bitch

My MC has an AC of -4 and he's practically indestructible, while Khalid's is -3 and he's constantly being carted to a temple to be raised, and both are frontline melee
>>
>>323846750
Been a while, but Khalid has some retarded passives, doesn't he? Something to do with his items or class?
>>
>>323822235
There's really only two good choices. level 9 or 13 iirc, other levels are just not worth it. And unless you wanna be gimped for a long time you should just dual after hitting level 9 Kensai, you'll still DESTROY everything with the mage buffs that come later like Tensers Transformation and Simulacrum.
>>
>>323833520

double check your shit, faggot
baldurs gate is actually hipster trash

boring retarded faggot trash
>>
>>323829394
play diablo.
>>
>>323845418
make sure you have a weapon that can beat his damage immunity. buy a scroll of protection from undead. use the scroll on your character with the magic weapon. attack him with that one character while your others all hide in the corner. he'll just stand there doing nothing while you kill him. this works for all lich battles.
>>
>>323826217
Yeah a Bard is nice, but try to splash in like 4 levels of Fighter in there too so you can go with the Red Dragon Disciple advanced class or whatever its called, makes your bard alot better in actually dealing damage.
>>
>>323819291
The biggest boon to importing a character is it keeps your stats.

In BG1 you can find a tome for each stat raising it by 1..(3 tomes for wisdom) ...and thats a pretty big deal with stats like strength 18-19 is a big increase.

And you also keep your level so you start slightly ahead.
>>
>>323847502
Actually it´s more than just slightly ahead. With lvl 10 you can pretty much just straight go to Firkraag and collect your Carsomyr. And after that your Paladin (MC or Keldorn) will completely wreck everything.
>>
>>323847502
There's also the machine of Lum the Mad in Watcher's Keep. I believe if you do every pattern correctly you can raise each of your stats by 1
>>
>>323847821
Yeah but you´d have to look up all the combinations or save scum so that´s kinda shady.
>>
>>323847137
>>
Best waifu?

Aerie
Jaheira
Viconia
Neera

Nalia mods (she has two I think)
Branwen mod
Ninde mod
Saerileth mod
Fade mod
Skie Redone mod
Isra mod
Yvette mod
>>
>>323848387
Viconia.

I once posted a HUGE fucking reason why Viconia is the best... the music, her hainting travel through her own psychology, and her tormented family upbringing... it's all fucked up, you feel like her saviour.

She hates you, berates you, taunts you. But as you do to her, she slowly tolerates and understands you and together you build a bridge of dependence... from dependency to mutual regard, and eventual intimacy. The only romantic aspect in any vidya every I have cried in.

She's my all time waify
>>
>>323848387
Edwina
>>
>>323848783
I wish.
>>
>>323848779
>>323848387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7qOLq7vHM
>>
>>323849158
Nice.
>>
>>323848779
I dislike her because I prefer gibbing undead with turn rather than mind controlling them.

Doing Bodhi's hideout with a high level anomen is hilarious.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.