[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I beat this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: havel-the-rock-large.jpg (93KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
havel-the-rock-large.jpg
93KB, 600x338px
How do I beat this guy?
>>
Go upstairs, jump and repeat. He'll kill himself. I killed him that way. Fuck him.
>>
>>323790837
backstab untill he's dead
>>
File: 1394465377683.jpg (190KB, 794x782px) Image search: [Google]
1394465377683.jpg
190KB, 794x782px
>>323790837
Parry
>>
>>323790837
git gud
>>
When in doubt
Backstab
>>
Find/upgrade a higher stability shield and level your endurance a little.

The key is having enough defensive strength to block at least one hit without staggering. After that, backstab.
>>
just circle around him and backstab.
>>
I cheesed him with magic missile. He's too fat to fit through the door to darkroot basin, so just come in from that end and lure him out.
>>
how is the online activity for the ps3 version of this game?
>>
Wait untill his attack is about to hit you, then dodge.

Dragon Tooth has one of the easiest movesets to avoid
>>
>>323791283
thats gay tho
>>
DODGE!
>>
>>323790837
Take off all your armor so you get that super fast light roll. Lock on to him and just roll to the side when he does overhead smash.

Proceed to backstab.
>>
>>323791325
Last I played it was basically only try hard pvp builds and twinkers.
>>
>>323791428
This, really just take that light piercing weapon and backstab
>>
>>323790837
Through the power of friendship. Once you get to know him, Dwayne is a real stand up kind of guy.
>>
>>323791505
so no easy co-op to join sunbros?
>>
>>323791428

It's been a while since I played, but couldn't you just walk in a circle around him and not get hit?
>>
>>323790837
Havel is a great parry tutorial since the dragon tooth is so slow. Use him to learn to parry. You pass when you parry/riposte him to death with starter weapons.
>>
dragon's tooth is like 90% overhead smashes if i'm not mistaken??
>>
Learn the correct time to dodge roll his attacks, then backstab. Aim to be in the invincibility frames when you would normally take damage.
>>
You don't "beat him". When the time is right, you'll know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>323791803

100% tracking too. A clumsy dodge is a fatal move.
>>
>>323790837
Walk around him backstab him once and then chain backstab him to death
>>
>>323790837
Stop asking and learn for yourself how to beat him.
>>
get the hornet ring and the estoc or rapier and upgrade them as high as you can with the blacksmith. After that you can pretty much chain-backstab him to death as long as you can avoid the one-hit-kill with his dragon tooth
>>
go light or no armor - roll then poke or backstab
>>
>>323791654
I did a playthrough recently and the only good co-op spots seemed to be Burg, Depths, Blighttown, Anor Londo and Archives.
>>
File: 1452550280138.png (153KB, 333x254px) Image search: [Google]
1452550280138.png
153KB, 333x254px
1. go outside the door
2. go back in the door frame
3. wait for him to shuffle in front of you
4. he starts swinging
4. roll back
5. hit him once
6. roll back
7. if he's not dead yet goto [2]

you can be terribad, like me, and win like this
>>
>>323790837
gain skill
>>
>>323792672
like, I even fucked up a numbered list, that's how bad I am
>>
>>323790917
/thread
>>
>>323791686
It's just risky since he can one hit you because sometimes even if he is already casting the attacks he turns while performing it
>>
throw dung pie
make sandwich
do dishes
fap to your naughty chinese comics
return
he's dead
>>
>>323790837
I learned to parry by beating Havel
I suggest doing the same
>>
>>323793516
If I parry I get instakilled.
>>
Remember to remove all your clothes because no matter what you're wearing, if you fight him at the start of the game he's going to OHKO you.
Worst case scenario summon someone
>>
>>323793720
that's because you parry wrong. parrying havel repeatedly with bare hands is so fucking satisfying
>>
>>323790837
>get him to ~2% HP on very first try
>then get one-shot due to missing a parry
>take ~10 more tries to beat him
I am so terrible at this game and loving every second of it.
>>
>>323790837

Keep walking towards him, even is he is about to swing. You'll end up behind him for E-Z backstabs.
>>
He's really easy to parry if you aren't a dimwitted piece of shit garbage baby
>>
>>323794227
Wait by parry you mean to roll around him or use shield?
>>
>>323790837
Parry or backstab, I did a bit of both and it took me about 2 hours.
>>
>>323791271
This
>>
>>323794775
Neither. Parry is a method of defense entirely separate from rolling/dodging or blocking. It requires you to press the parry button just before the attack would hit you. The exact timing depends on your off-hand. Target shields for example are pretty forgiving in their parry timing. You also need to be very close to the opponent, so hugging is recommended.

If you successfully parry an attack, you can then perform a riposte on the enemy for a lot of damage.

Some attacks can only be parried partially (arrows for example) and will deal less damage and usually no stagger. However, if your enemy is a regular dude with a weapon, you can probably parry his attacks.

If you don't know what I mean, just attack a Side Sword-Balder Knight while he points his sword at you. You'll understand then.
>>
Backstab, parry if you're confident.
>>
>>323790837
you have the press te "attack" button to hit him with your weapon. Do that a couple of times and he should die.
>>
>>323792102
you dodge late. the thing is slow as shit. if you dodge while he starts his swing you get hit. if you dodge mid swing it ends up no where near you, assuming you're light rolling. which you should be.
>>
>>323795497
Thanks.
>>
>>323790917
if you've gittin gud just parry until he's dead
>>
things you should do
>Parry, his timing is a bit tricky tho
>Keep your distance and when he hits the ground go for the backstab
things your shouldn't do
>stay in from of him as an idiot with your shield up
>>
>>323791707
attempted to do this since the only thing i'm good at in dark souls is parrying.

My friend told me i keep dying because his weapon cant be parried

Why the fuck is this guy notoriously hard but like he's just there in the first 2 hours of the game

When does this game get fun
>>
>Not legitimately killing him first try via dodging and backstabs
Git gud.
>>
>>323798174
You can I just beat him by parrying and riposting (thanks for the advice anons)
>>
>>323798174
>he's just there in the first 2 hours of the game
You can also just walk past him and learn parrying on some hollows instead.
>>
>>323798460
Then why is he there?

most of this game is is pointless

I don't even know how weapons and armors work, will I get better ones? do strong guys always drop something cool?

I can't understand how playing this game blind is supposed to be challenging as opposed to just asanine. It's just a medieval version of iwbtg
>>
>>323793720
if you're like me you're a confused dumbass and trying to parry with the block button
be sure to use the parry button
it's the one that makes your shield go swoosh
>>
>>323798670
did you complain about the red dragon, too?
>>
>>323798670
>Then why is he there?
So you can fight and defeat him. Or do you mean for story reasons? That's because an old friend locked him up there.

>most of this game is is pointless
Quite the non-statement. It's not more or less pointless than any other game.

>I don't even know how weapons and armors work
Armor makes you take less damage, weapons are what you put into enemies.

>can't understand how playing this game blind is supposed to be challenging as opposed to just asanine.
Why are you playing it blind? Apart from 3-4 things (don't use special souls via the inventory, don't raise your stats above 40, don't attack merchants) the game is quite clear and honest about everything. It gives you enough time to figure stuff out and adapt your playstyle.
>>
>>323790837
parry or backstab

pretty easy actually.
>>
>>323798460
Don't you need the Master Key to get to him early? I guess you could rush to him the other way as well.
>>
>>323790837
Wait for him to attack
Dodge (don't block) the attack
Attack him while he's picking his club back up
Rinse and repeat
>>
>>323798670
I don't understand how you get to this guy in only 2 hour and can't beat him but anyway, you can upgrade your weapons/armor with titanium fragments or whatever, talk to the smith after the cathedral to buy fragments from him and upgrade your stuff.

Have a look in the inventory to see how armor and weapons work, there are 3 types of damage: piercing (ie when u backstab), cutting (or slashing) (ie when using swords), and blunt (ie when ussing masses),

types of damage seem to be : physical, magical, fire, electric (poison not included) for example your armor can be good vs physical but not vs magical.

You can also find weapons that deal non physical damage or upgrade a weapon into a divine weapon dealing physical and magical damage. Really just look in your inventory/status screen at least a little bit.
>>
hes excellent for gittin gud at parrying, theres 2 fairly close bonfires to him so get practicing son
>>
>>323799392
You need the key for either door. Either master kay or the key from the petrified blacksmith.
>>
>>323799869
Thanks dad, but i already beat him

I'm a strong parrying man nao!
>>
>>323799223
>>Then why is he there?
>So you can fight and defeat him. Or do you mean for story reasons? That's because an old friend locked him up there.

To get you interested in the lore: surprise motherfucker, its not him. He will drop an item once you kill him, read the description of that item.
>>
I've been replaying this game over and over. Trying to set a comfy route with little to no back tracking.
So far I got:
>Undead Asylum, start as warrior, pendant as gift, because why the fuck not.
>Firelink shrine, lvl up strength to 16
>Undead burg, buy resident key, get pine golden resin, kill black knight, kill Taurus demon with pine resin, talk to Solaire, get to the bridge and open shortcut to bonfire, cut drake's tail with pine resin, get to the other bonfire and level up vitality and endurance open shortcut
>Equip Drake's sword, Kill second black knight, kill armored tusk with alluring skulls, get mystery key, get to the cathedral, kill heavy knight, take Firekeeper soul, go upstair, kill enchanter, rescue Lautrec, go back to Firelink shrine, take asylum key in my way back
>kill Lautrec, upgrade estus, go human, level up vitality and endurance, go back to undead parish, summon solaire, kill gargoyles
>go to andre, lvl up, kill demon, summon witch, kill butterfly, get wolf ring, go back to undead burg using dark root garden short cut, kill havel, go to lower undead burg, free the faggot there, kill capra, go to depths, dunk butcher, explore depths, kill kirk, get ring there, kill enchanter, kill gaping dragon
>go to blighttown, get dragon scale and firekeeper souls, explore until getting key to new londo, get astorian sword and shield, kill dragon get second scale, upgrade drake's

I don't really know where to go next, any advice? remember this has to be as comfy as possible. Should i finish blighttown or do something else first?
>>
This game should really have an option to re-fight bosses whenever you want. It's the most fun thing about it.
>>
>>323800476
You should go to Ash Lake for more dragon scales.
>>
By that point in the game, there are at least 4 strategies to use against him. His armor is resistant to magic so use anything else. The area's kinda small but he's not that difficult.
>>
You didn't pick up pyromancy?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.