[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a fantasy RPG. Should i get dragon age inquisition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: witcher3siri5.jpg (54KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3siri5.jpg
54KB, 638x358px
>>
w3
>>
You should kill yourself for considering DA:I
>>
>>323782927
dragon age inqusition is not a fantasy game
its a magical inclusive fairyland
with lots of trans characters, black characters, asian, muslim characters in a fantasy world.
>>
>>323782927
Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>323783108
Well muslims do make sense in medieval times, before the inquisition Islam was fairly spread in europe.
>>
>>323783108
>muslim
>A race
kek your ignorance is fucking concerning
>>
Both are good even if Inquisition is nowhere near as good as DA Origins. Witcher 3 is far better and one of my GOAT games. But go play W1 or at least 2 if you haven't. Hell, go play Dragon Age Origins right the fuck now if you haven't.
>>
>>323782927
content wise witcher 3> dragon age inquisition
fun wise dragon age inquisition > witcher 3
>>
>>323783108
>>323783096
>>323783054

These faggots can't give you a proper answer because DA:I triggers them so incredibly hard.

Getbeither W3 or if combat oriented exploring is more your thing Dragon's Dogma. DA is very story driven but not very good gameplay wise. W3 is better on all fronts except story which would be subjective (though I think its better) and combat which isn't very good
>>
>>323782927
You could give that new EA access service a try.
£4 a month and you can play DA:I, you should be able to finish it in a month so £4 isn't a bad deal for the full game.
>>
>>323783431
>fun wise
Yeah MMO gameplay with health sponges and barely any strategy is so fun !
>>
>>323782927
You could try lurking for more than 5 minutes before making a shitty, worthless recommendation thread.
>>
>>323783369
So is your reading comprehension
>>
>>323783479
Are you saying that The Witcher 3 has worse combat than the MMO gameplay of Dragon Age?
I prefer Witcher's story, but that's subjective. The dialogue is miles ahead in Witcher.

Get Witcher OP.
>>
>>323783479
Obviously the answer is TW3. Are you retarded?
>>
File: witcher literal cuckhold.jpg (302KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
witcher literal cuckhold.jpg
302KB, 636x358px
this cuck is the best written quest arc of 2015

I dare you to save those kids OP
>>
if you want the leftovers of a scrapped mmo then by all means pick dragon age
>>
>>323783808
He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>323783520

at least you have "some" depth to your character build .. which is non existant in the witcher .. and yes i completed the game .. both games ...
and as stated above .. the witcher has more value overall while dragon age has by far the better gameplay.
>>
>>323783431
Why lie?

The combat in Inquisition is literally just holding down a trigger and pressing an ability button when the cooldown resets. This applies to every single class. It's a step below the Ultimate Alliance games and more mindless than the average MMO

Inquisition is a timekiller. Not a particularly fun or engaging experience and I say this as someone with over 100 hours on one character.
>>
>>323783903
>both games
There's 3
>>
>>323783941
I think he is referring to W3 and DA:I

>>323783903
How the fuck is the shitty, grindy MMO gameplay of DA:I better than the upgraded Arkham rip off that is Witcher 3?
>>
Neither.
>>
>>323783994
>upgraded Arkham rip off that is Witcher 3?

Why do people keep saying this when it's not true? If you can't tell the difference between Witcher 3, Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor then you're retarded because latter two are Arkham rip-offs combat wise, not Witcher 3.
>>
>>323783994
>Witcher 3
>Upgraded Bamham

Arkham Asylum gameplay is better than TW3.
>>
>>323783994
>the upgraded Arkham rip off that is Witcher 3?

What?
>>
>>323784101
I disagree wholeheartedly.

>>323784085
Okay, I was being hyperbolic. It's not a rip off, but it is clearly influenced by Assassins Creed and Arkham.
Which is fine by me, I think it serves it's purpose better than any of those other games.
>>
>>323782927
Nigger origin access is only $5

Paying it gets you all the dragon ages, do it
>>
>>323783927
okay if you pin it down to that then witcher 3 is no different .. except you dont have that many buttons
(not that many buttons/abilities/cooldowns are better)
>>323783994
maybe i just played it wrong then since i found the witcher far more repetetive and dull
>>
What action rpg gives me monster transformations?
>>
>>323783852
hit his wife and drank too much tho
>>
>>323784264
origin access isn't availible in my region (not an amerifag)
>>
Dragon Age is mad preachy. A Scientologists would be proud. W3 has some annoying as fuck combat controls. Pick you poison.
>>
File: sasha.jpg (604KB, 1399x1593px) Image search: [Google]
sasha.jpg
604KB, 1399x1593px
>>323783479
>Criticizes people for recomending TW3
>"W3 is better on all fronts except story which would be subjective (though I think its better)"

Great, so The witcher 3.

What a fucktard.
>>
>>323784287
>no different

One is action oriented. The other is trying to be action oriented while maintaining its RPG roots and fails on both fronts

Did you even play inquisition on any difficulty above normal? It's tedious and boring. Enemies stand there soaking up damage while you contemplate taping the 'hit stuff' button down for the remainder of the 5 minutes it'll take for them to finally fall over

And they're not even long fights in an "Oh fuck this guy is tough I better be careful" kind of way. They're just damage sponges.
>>
>witcher combat is bad meme

I don't understand it. Did you guys play on normal or some shit? Did you just spam quick attack and whirl until everything died? There was a ton of variety available and you needed to use all of your tools on deathmarch

hell, it has 2 dodge moves for goddamn sake
>>
>>323784287
I find that really odd. Did you play on one of the easier difficulties? It's supposedly really boring on easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 479x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 479x354px
>>323784365
>not being an American

Why live?
>>
>>323784443
It really only gets grating with Iron Bull and he traps you in a conversation about his tranny friend. If you're a completionist (or just enjoy talking to him), you WILL get slapped in the face with his little equality speech.

Even if you're playing a pure asshole inquisitor, there's no way to shoot him down either. It's not game breaking, but it's cringey as fuck.

Also Dorians whole bit with, "My dad tried to make me straight". What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 1442147430546.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442147430546.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>323784558
>>323784602
>>
>>323784965
I was asking a legit question out of interest. But sure, answer with an image macro.
>>
Witcher now, dragon's dogma if mods ever come out.
>>
so how much do you need to invest into magic (or igni specifically) until it becomes gud. I have the fire stream but i find it better to just aoe and try to ignite as many blokes as i can
are the later levels that much better or should i have invested in Aard instead?
dont get me wrong igni is still fun as fuck but really, seems lacklustre at the moment
>>
I played pirated DA:I on release and dropped it after 4 hours. I wanted to like it, since there were no wRPGs to play at that time, but god fuck it, its awful.
Combat is MMO-like, you cant really be tactical since you cant chain up commands for you followers properly, everything feels rushed and unpolished.
Picking up items drove me nuts, since you had to stand right above the loot to pick it up.

Its shit....in my opinion.

Witcher 3 is my favorite game since Gothic 2. I have no opinion on combat, since I played it on easy. Steamrolled through enemies and still got 100h in. My GOTYAY.
>>
>>323783479

>Dragon Age, as in any of them
>Better writing than The Witcher 3

This has to be bait
>>
Witcher 3 is by far the better game,but if you even need to ask then DA:I is probably the game for you to be honest.

I don't think you would appreciate it, especially if you're a casual that hasn't played the previous games first before trying the third one and/or played Dragon Age II and even considered byying DAI
>>
>>323782927
Pirate both. Don't buy neither.
>>
>>323786720
DA2 is entirely skippable. So it DA:O really, but it's a genuinely good game that's worth playing.

The one thing I like about DA is that each story is self-contained. There weren't any major differences between my DAI only run and my 'career' run.
>>
>>323782927
>>323783096
You should kill yourself for considering either.
>>
I played a lot of DA:I and just started TW3 and its TW3 by miles for me
>>
>>323788302
This
>>
>>323788302
>>323788812
What good fantasy rpgs should I consider? Skyrim?
>>
>>323789052
why are you listening to these faggots?
>>
>>323789052
Witcher 1
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.