[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest senpai, growing up you thought that the sages actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: Bestgirl.gif (408KB, 383x322px) Image search: [Google]
Bestgirl.gif
408KB, 383x322px
Be honest senpai, growing up you thought that the sages actually died and became spirits
>>
I thought that was implied when they were in the sacred chamber
>>
>>323750431
The only thing running through my mind was fucking Saria and Ruto.
>>
File: 1398150991092.gif (752KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
1398150991092.gif
752KB, 180x240px
>>323750635
>no doujin where Saria and loli Ruto double team Link
>>
Yep, I sure did. Still not sure to this day how they're not dead and I prefer my shitty headcanon in this instance they were more posthumous obi Wan than saved magical princesses/..dudes.
>>
The only one I thought actually died was Saria. I don't remember why though.
>>
I never understood what happened to them.

I thought maybe after Link saved them in the future time period, they realized they were incarnations of sages and... became spirits? So basically died, yes.

Or did they gain magic powers and go live in the sacred realm to watch over Hyrule?
>>
>>323750431
Well, they died but in the end they came back to life.
>>
>>323750431
>>323750523
>>323751246

What the fuck happened to them then???
>>
>>323751158
Probably because when you contact her through Saria's song as an adult she says she's in the Forest Temple which is full of deadly monsters and ghosts.
>>
>play saria's song and she tells you she is surrounded by monsters
>darunia goes into volvagia's lair without hammer
>see ruto once in water temple then she disappeares
>impa nowhere to be found, everyone said she went to the shadow temple to fight monsters
>you kill the gerudo woman before fighting the witches
They are dead senpai
>>
>>323751905
You don't kill Nabooru in that fight though.
>>
>>323751905
>you kill the gerudo woman before fighting the witches
No, she regains her memory then the witches shoot a spell at her.

You seem to be right though...
>>
>>323751905
But what about the rauru? You talk to him in owl form as an adult.
>>
But that's exactly what happened.

Darunia goes into a locked room with a fucking dragon, and we never see him until after it's dead and he's a sage.
>>
>>323751905
>owl motherfucker is the reincarnation of the sage of light
>reincarnation
sages be dead as hell
>>
>>323752770
Rauru is special.
>>
>>323750635
Passage made the best doujins.
>>
They died and became sages. The OoT manga sure does interpret it that way too.
>>
>>323750431
I always thought they turned into some form of spiritual form hence you never see them again.

I don't remember if Saria stops responding to her song after the temple, can anyone help me there?
>>
>>323754273
I'm pretty sure she responds after Forest Temple, but she only has one response, and she explicitly states that she's in the Sage Zone forever.
>>
File: 453435434354.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
453435434354.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>323754739
>Tfw all the hot girls that are into you end up in the Sage Zone.
>>
They did, and then they come back to life at the end.
>>
>>323750431
>that file name
I like you. I like you alot. Even if in the future the sages all went to the spirit world or whatever, it's irrelevant because you stay in the past as a kid. All the sages are fine in the past
except for nabooru
>>
>>323751158
>The only one I thought actually died was Saria. I don't remember why though.

I would bet it's because Mido says "Oh...I see...Saria won't ever come back..." after you finish the Temple.
>>
>>323752770
Owl Magic.
>>
What? They're dead. This isn't a theory the game makes it pretty fucking obvious. Darunia is the biggest flag as he literally walks into a battle saying he knows he's going to die but has to do it for his people.
>>
>>323750431
All of this just occured to me and makes alot of sense
>>
b-but we were supposed to get married, ruto can't be dead
>>
>Tiny girl in temple of monsters, with her guardian tree spirit long dead
>Goron goes into room where Goron-eating dragon lives without hammer needed to beat dragon, is not there when you also go into that room

These two 100% definitely dead motherfuckers, and we can reasonably assume by inference that it means the others died too.
>>
>>323757179
They come back to life in the future timeline, and they never die in the past timeline.

Assume they stay dead in the Link Fucks Up timeline.
>>
>>323757179
And kid link in the saved Hyrule Timeline is stuck in that alternate world in Majora's Mask.

Grown Ruto in that timeline will remain without a husband.
>>
They did die. The Hyrule Historia saying otherwise is non-canon.

What did you need to see for you to get it? Their bones?

>Saria surrounded by monsters.
>Darunia fights Volvagia and tells you he regrets that he couldn't get the legendary hammer. In addition debug text among the Fire Temple suggests that Darunia would says "Link... can't hold anymore... I can't hold any longer... get out of here!" presumably his last words before being killed.
>Kaepora Gaebora tells you the Water Temple is used to worship the water spirits. Ruto appears and then disappears, suggesting she was dead before you got in the temple.
>Impa is said by Anju's roommate to have gone to fight the humongous monster from the cemetery. Implying she has fought him before, and that she was only able to seal him that time. Sheik worries that Impa will die.
>Nabooru is obliterated in front of your eyes because the Twinrova sisters can't make up their mind about what to do with her.
>Rauru tells you he's one of the ancient Sages that built the Temple of Time. The game even tells you, a former sage of light is reincarnated in Kaepora Gaebora, meaning that to be a Sage, you must be dead.
>Zelda says the seventh sage, her, is destined to be the leader because her father the king is dead.
>>
>>323760107
You see them reform into physical bodies again at the end.
>>
>>323750431
They didn't? But many of them got into life threatening situations and then disappeared... then you see them again and they can't leave the Sage's Chamber, and they fly around in magic spiritual balls.

In Twilight Princess, the sages appear in ethereal forms, I thought that furthered this.
>>
what's up with western autists and zelda? even one bad word about it, and they go fucking rabid. it's not a terrible series or anything
>>
>>323750431
I didn't. And none of my friends did. The first time I read about people thinking so was when /v/ was created. I guess not being American helped.
>>
>>323761212
I don't even know man. I saw a thread once where they argued with a guy that said he ran into a bug in oot. They couldn't accept even the slight possibility that the game was not literally perfect.
>>
>>323757478
Nabooroo gets eaten by quicksand
You see Ruto swim upward to show you the way to go in a temple and dobn't see her again
>>
>>323762650
That's because that guy was lying. And that was 3 days ago. You posted the same crybaby thing, which is how I remember you.

Nobody likes a pathological liar. Whether they're badmouthing something you like or not. Worse when someone is trying to lie about a game 17 years old, that even people who aren't familiar with can call bs on.
>>
>>323762650
what bug? OoT doesn't have bugs it has glitches that are very unlikely to be encountered unless it's intentional
>>
>>323762812
She gets eaten while trying to run out of the temple. Then brainwashed for 7 years (before you've ever met her in fact. Aveil, the Gerudo, the carpenters, and an old Gossip Stone from when adult Link was supposed to wear the Mask support this). Then unbrainwashed, and blown up. Nabooru had a hard life.

>>323763040
Some guy derailed a Zelda thread 3 days ago by saying that he was playing OoT for the first time and is stuck in a situation where the Nocturne of Shadow scene will not trigger. There's only one way to do that, and it's not permanent. It's just if you choose not to enter from the main entrance.
>>
>>323750431
I'm listening to Lil' Kim while looking at that gif.

I didn't know what to think of the Sages as a kid, but as an adult, it was more or less confirmed they were killed, save for Rauru.
>>
>>323763356
>and an old Gossip Stone from when adult Link was supposed to wear the Mask
Wait, there are gossip stones only Adult Link can find and they have unused dialog?
>>
>>323763608
No. It's just that some have dialogue that only makes sense if you have been an adult first. This suggests that at some point in development adult Link was able to wear masks, even though no screenshot has ever been seen (but masks were added late). Another thing that supports this is that certain buildings in Castle Town correspond to houses in Kakariko. Meaning, the Happy Mask Shop was stationed there once. This explains why the guard asks you for that favor.

The adult dialogue (if memory serves) are:
>Malon's blurps about wanting a knight to sweep her off her feet, and setting the ranch's record.
>non-fairy folk entering the woods becoming monsters (you don't know Link is Hylian until adulthood).
>Biggoron being a craftsman of the greatest sword (he's not even present in the past).
>Nabooru, being a theif that haunts the wasteland.
>"They say that one Kokiri has left the forest, and that he is still alive!"

All gossip stones are reachable as both a child and adult, although I formerly believed the latter one not to be possible as a child unless you bomb-hopped. An anon says that you can reach is by seam-walking up a root.
>>
>>323751338
No they didn't.
>>
>>323751394
They died while in the temple and link was saving their souls. At least, that is what I always took it as, seeing as how they are never seen in the adult world save Ruto, and in ganon's tower they are floating.
>>
>>323764297
Damn, that's fascinating, I never picked up on that.
And you mean the gossip stone to the right of the Deku tree, behind a root? That one can definitely be reached without bomb flipping, perhaps even without seam walking.
>>
>>323760532
I took that as their spirits like in Ganon's tower. If they were actually alive, why the fuck wouldn't they go party with everyone else, and let Mido and the King Zora know they aren't dead?
>>
>>323765115
Not to mention they flew around in magical balls like they were spirits
>>
>>323764957
No, it's behind the Deku Tree. Like right behind. In OoT3D you can walk all around the Deku Tree if you want, but in the original you'll eventually be blocked by two big roots on one side or the other. However if you go from the right side, you can bomb-hop. I've never tested the other way, but I think anon suggested you can walk up a root on his left side, and them hug the wall around him to reach it. So not so much seam-walking.

Also, a correction. The gossip stone about becoming monsters almost certainly refers to Grog, not Link.
>>
>>323765246
Exactly
>>
File: images-3.jpg (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
10KB, 256x256px
>>323750431

I thought they were already dead, you just freed their spirits.
>>
>>323765312
>I've never tested the other way, but I think anon suggested you can walk up a root on his left side, and them hug the wall around him to reach it. So not so much seam-walking.
Ah, I see. I remember doing this as a kid actually, starting clockwise and going around him, I even remember the "a kid left the forest and survived!" line and wondering who the hell it was before Link.

Muddled memories didn't remember there are actually two gossip stones around the Deku tree, though.
>>
Ganondorf rapes them to death.
>>
File: OoT-Castle_Town_IGN.jpg (44KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OoT-Castle_Town_IGN.jpg
44KB, 320x240px
>>323764297
>Another thing that supports this is that certain buildings in Castle Town correspond to houses in Kakariko. Meaning, the Happy Mask Shop was stationed there once. This explains why the guard asks you for that favor.
Yep, it was originally a generic building that stood there
>>
>>323765632
There's only one gossip stone. I think you may be confusing it with Lake Hylia where there are two around the border.

I recently played there in OoT3D and confirmed this myself.

But just to double check I looked it up and it seems to be a common misconception.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/59630015

>Kojiro doesn't crow anymore when you enter the woods.

HOW DID I NEVER NOTICE THIS?
>>
>>323750431
I didn't think they died, but I always saw it as them just simply being taken from their respective lives to fulfill their destiny, and it made me sad.
>>
>>323764893
Well, it probably turns out fine for all of them, because Link goes back as a kid and just peace the fuck outta Hyrule
>>
>>323761346
This too. I still don't think they died. You find Ruto still alive in the temple. I think if she had died in the time you were there, they would have made a slightly bigger deal about it than none at all.
>>
>>323769470
She didn't die before you got there you idiot, she died when she suddenly disappeared before you get to Morpha and then you don't see her again until the Chamber of Sages. It's similar to how Darunia runs into Volvagia's room without the Megaton Hammer knowing he'll fail and then disappears.
>>
Pretty sure they all died. Its hinted at pretty heavily, and alot if their deaths are gruesome, like impa being tortured and darunia being eaten, saria being surrounded by rape ghosts and fucked to death, etc
>>
>they didn't die!
nigger they're functionally dead as sages now. Everyone treats them as dead, they aren't 'alive' in the sense that they can continue to live their normal life, and the ending even shows a couple characters being sad about the loss.

maybe they weren't torn limb from limb by monsters but they sure as fuck ain't going back home when everything is said and done.
>>
>>323750431
I realized that saria had virtually no character development and wonder why I ever gave a single shit about her
>>
>>323770152
>surrounded by rape ghosts and fucked to death
we've been over this anon, doujin isn't canon
>>
>>323770245
Cause she was a cute girl who had your back when no one else did and gave you advice when you needed it
>>
>>323770245
Because she was cute and you were young
>>
>>323770380
exactly. it hints at everything more than actually showing you anything. I guess your child brain was just more imaginative and melancholic and filled in the rest automatically.
>>
>>323770264
which doujin?
>>
>>323750431
No, I knew they had died. It sucked, but I knew it even at that age.
>>323770196
That isn't what he said, reading comprehension, get it.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.