[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the Wii U is the biggest flop since the Dreamcast and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

Now that the Wii U is the biggest flop since the Dreamcast and mobiles are overtaking their only niche, isn't the time for Nintendo to go third-party overdue?
>>
>>323701370
>>
It doesn't have any games anyway.
>>
Fuck off shitskin, this is a whites only board.
>>
Dude they built so much bank with the Wii and DS they can make 10 consoles that "flopped" and they'll still be in good shape.

Sega had like 5 failed consoles. Dreamcast was just the nail in the coffin.
>>
Nope. PS4 has so few exclusives they gotta photoshop nintendo games onto the cases.
>>
>>323701567
Wrong board senpai :^)
>>
>Nintendo consoles don't have any games but I hope they go third-party so I can play all their games
If you like Nintendo games, buy a Wii U.
If you don't like Nintendo games, don't buy a Wii U.
There's no need for them to go third-party.
>>
>>323701370
15 billion in the bank so not likely, ask again if the NX flops.
>>
>>323701370
>>323701612
>Yeah fuck Nintendo IPs!
>Rehash Trash!

Please release it for PS4! ;)

There's a reason Sonyfans are the most hated on the board
>>
>>323701735
>board
>>
>>323701824
Entire internet?
>>
>>323701824
>>323701940
My internet literally stays on 4chan 24/7
>>
I sincerely feel bad for people who fell for the PS4 marketing scam.
>>
Who /having fun with the Wii U/ here?
>Bayonetta 2
>Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
>Donkey Kong Contry: Tropical Freeze
>Fatal Frame
>Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
>Mario Kart 8
>Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
>Pikmin 3
>Super Mario 3D World
>Super Mario Maker
>Super Smash Bros U
>Wonderful 101
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Yoshi's Woolly World
>ZombiU
Also, anything else I should get? Think I got it all.
>>
Is Sex Genie back?
>>
>>323701567
i like this new meme
>>
>>323702598
>Bayonetta, Fatal Frame and Xenoblade
Censored to the point where 4kids would tell you its excessive.
>>
>>323701824
sorry sub
my apologies
>>
>>323702871
>the West is a bunch of sissies
>this is somehow Nintendo's fault
>>
hopefully they go second party to us Sonybros.

We deserve these games. They should be ours.
>>
>>323702598
My list doesn't contain
>Donkey Kong Contry: Tropical Freeze
>Fatal Frame I wanted to find a physical release
>Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
>Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
>Pikmin 3
>Wonderful 101
>ZombiU

>Think I got it all.
That is the problem.
I mean, I like Wii U, but it's Nintendo all over again.
>>
>>323703129
Stay mad.
>>
I hate how I haven't used my Wiiu in months but I don't wanna sell it either..

Shit I only have like four games(it used to be 5)
>>
>Nintendo goes third party
>Microsoft gives up on games
>Sony no longer has to pretend they care about consumers or try anymore so they ramp up prices by 3x and quality decreases 5x
>People still praise them for being heroes of the industry

You know it would happen.
>>
File: sonypony.jpg (109KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
sonypony.jpg
109KB, 800x1011px
>>323703129
then
>mario is shit. no want
now
>mario is the shit. do want

Sony peasants have no dignity
>>
>>323703671
>You know it would happen
People will just switch to PCs then.
>>
>>323703486
If you really like platformers I highly recommend getting tropical freeze.
Anyways, I'm not disappointed in my Wii U at all. I have all the consoles, and I think that my PS4 and Xbone are much more devoid of worthwhile content.
>>
>>323702598
pretty sad mate
>>
>>323704151
>I highly recommend getting tropical freeze
Yeah, I heard it often praised. I'm going to get it, though.
>>
>>323702049
Fag
>>
>>323701587
>I have absolutely no idea how business&economics works!
>>
>>323705419
Neither do you if you think Nintendo's going to do anything other than double down on toys and phone games if its next home console fails.
>>
Why haven't you installed home brew on your Wii U yet, /v/?
>>
>>323705582
I'd rather that than them still pumping out shit hardware
>>
>>323705860
>shit hardware
but the games are fun, so who cares?
>>
File: sony.png (153KB, 396x500px) Image search: [Google]
sony.png
153KB, 396x500px
We don't need any of their games. Nintendo only makes games for babies. We're totally fine with just Bloodborne, guys.
>>
>>323706341
they can be played on anything, why bother buying extra devices

there's nothing special about Nintendo's hardware and services, they should just stick to developing games
>>
>>323707745
>there's nothing special about Nintendo's hardware

Off-TV play is pretty awesome. Using the pad in certain games (Splatoon mainly) is pretty awesome.

It's not Nintendo's fault they're the only ones with any imagination left. If they were to go third-party that'd be a big loss. Who would the other companies copy then?
>>
>>323708050
they can just make that controller for other platforms f.am, guitar hero has a custom controller
>>
I don't want Nintendo to be bought, but I'd rather have Microsoft buy it so its IPs will be both on Xbox, or NX, and PC.
>>
>>323708548
they already tried in the 90s but Nintendo declined
>>
>>323701370
>Nintendo
>being bought

Why do cucks always fall for this?
>>
>>323702598
Splatoon? I'd say that's pretty essential
>>
>>323708816
Yeah, they literally said that their brands are going to fall with the hardware if it fails.
>>
>>323702871
Bayo wasn't censored you dumb ass.
>>
>>323708303
yeah nah

What you really meant is "There's nothing special about MS or Sony hardware"

They're literally interchangeable. Same experiences on both platforms.
>>
File: 1360809873186.jpg (45KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
1360809873186.jpg
45KB, 400x382px
>>323711336
now you're getting the right idea
>>
File: Nintendo-PS4.png (350KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-PS4.png
350KB, 600x458px
Maybe if the NX it's also a huge flop,
either way I just wanted to post this pic, it looks so nice...
>>
>Please let me play Mario, but I don't want to buy a wii u!
>>
>>323712580
>Maybe if the NX it's also a huge flop
Maybe it won't, but I would be surprised. Nintendo has nothing the masses care about anymore.
>>
>>323712846
I dunno, Splatoon has been making inroads.
>>
>>323712846
>Nintendo has nothing the masses care about anymore.

What're you basing this on
>>
I think something big is going on.
There isn't a real reasoning behind this but a bunch of coincidences.
>Phil Spencer loves the shit out of Nintendo
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/xbox_boss_phil_spencer_acknowledges_nintendo_as_a_beacon_for_first-party_games
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/16/head-of-xbox-phil-spencer-has-kind-words-for-new-nintendo-president/
>Phil Spencer is ok if Nintendo puts Banjo in Smash (well, they didn't end in Smash but still)
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/04/03/xbox-head-phil-spencer-says-it-would-be-cool-to-see-banjo-in-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-and-wii-u
>After years of copyright problems, Nintendo finally releases the SNES and N64 Rare DK games on the Virtual Console (which implies Nintendo and Microsoft talked together to solve this issue)
http://nintendoeverything.com/rare-reaffirms-that-donkey-kong-64-belongs-to-nintendo/
>Microsoft logo costume datamined in Super Mario Maker
http://www.destructoid.com/angry-sun-tetrimino-and-windows-logo-data-found-in-super-mario-maker-data-312705.phtml
>After years, Microsoft's Minecraft is at least heading to Wii U
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecraft-listed-for-wii-u-release/1100-6432210/

They might as well being random events with no connection to eachother. But it's clear Microsoft and Nintendo talked together in more than one instance.
Let's not forget about what happened in the past when
>Microsoft bought Rare from Nintendo
http://m.ign.com/articles/2002/09/24/microsoft-buys-rare
>Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo (but Ballmer got told to suck Yamauchi's yellow balls)
http://gizmodo.com/5051146/microsoft-almost-bought-nintendo-and-more-revelations-by-peter-moore
So yeah, it's not the first time Microsoft tried to come in terms with Nintendo.

And now cosider this.
>Nintendo and Microsoft's home consoles are both losing hard against Sony PS4
>Nintendo is working on a new Gaming Hardware, called the "NX"
>NX
>Nintendo X
>Nintendo Xbox?
>>
>>323712829
it's true
>>
>>323712846
The Wii brand is what people don't care about anymore. Casuals have no desire to buy a Wii successor because it's not trendy anymore, and most gamers hated the Wii.
>>
>>323705582
They already are working on third party software for phones, which is good, because it's what they do best.
>>
File: ps4_mega_ps3_bundle.jpg (138KB, 800x748px) Image search: [Google]
ps4_mega_ps3_bundle.jpg
138KB, 800x748px
>>323701370
What happened fellow gaffer? You had enough of those magnificent "PS4" games, dontcha?
>>
>>323701370
Is your period over due?
>>
>>323701735
But PCfags do the exact same thing
>>
>>323701370
Handheld division is fine so nah.
>>
>>323714278
Why not just get the PS3 version of UC2 and 3 at least you can still play multiplayer if your not a bitch about frame rate and being at 1080p.
>>
if the NX does even worse than the WiiU, I would expect Nintendo to move its console games to other systems and get out of the console market. Their handhelds still have a niche, though, despite mobile happening. Especially since there will be no Vita successor, all of the weeb market will move to Nintendo's 4DS or whateverthefuck next generation as well.
>>
I put him trust in the Wii U and it's been pretty shitty. While I like Nintendo games, it's not worth paying for an entirely separate console. I'd love nothing more than to be able to play Zelda and Mario on PC. I'm not gonna buy the NX and I hope no one else does either.
>>
YO CHECK THIS 4 NIGGA
>>
Everyone always conveniently forgets that the 3DS still moves tons of units when they make these "Nintendo is doomed" threads

>but muh DS sales

Lightning in a bottle, that shit was never happening again no matter what Nintendo followed up with. Pretty much their only competition bailed this gen as well so Nintendo more or less has the monopoly on dedicated handheld gaming devices again.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.