[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mmorpg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

I have been playing mmorpg and nothing but mmorpg games for like 10 years now,i played them all,well at least all fantasy and 90% scfi mmorpgs.My most recent love guild wars 2,playing it since release,first casually like all the others,but in the past year i played nothing but that.Now we had this hearth of thorns expansion which got me hyped,pre order and shillz.I had nothing better to do and notice this collection "Darl Harvest" dayum that GS looks so good..i had to have it..and i have it now..but..there is no that feeling..of overwhelming happines and joy of having achieved something in this game...it doesnt even feel as near as good as the feeling of completing battletoads skyjet whatever level.You know what im saying? Its like..even tho the game is good..im forcing myself to play it..just like every other mmorpg in the past 10 years..it offers nothing,but a sad grind with 0 satisfaction and the only way you can "complete" an mmorpg is when the company shuts it down.
Should i just quit them and pre order dragons dogma and become a single player player again?
>>
Guild Wars 2 is the least satisfying MMO I've ever played. Nothing you do ever feels rewarding.
>>
>>323696881

It's also so fucking boring, Holy shit. It's like FFXIV's FATE system only taken to the extreme. Every fight is just a zergfest.
>>
Anon, you had it good.

My first "MMO" was Spiral Knights. And that was before they even added missions and all of the actual game. It was just crawling dungeons, gathering crystals, and selling.

I then got a gaming laptop for graduating high school in 2012. My first real MMO? SWTOR, because I was a huge KOTOR can growing up. And man was I excited about it. For a while. And then things got worst.

I moved on to TERA for a while before I finally gave up, being on and off with it until today.

I'm 22 and have missed any chance of ever playing an MMO with a good design that encourages people to work together to achieve a goal. All I can hope for is that BDO doesn't end up being more of the same.
>>
>>323697748
I played BDO on koreans,it wasnt bad..game feels good,im not sure about rewards and achievements tho cause i didnt understand shit,overal combat is the most fun aspect of it..its like a super polished Tera
>>
File: 0_original.jpg (123KB, 892x555px) Image search: [Google]
0_original.jpg
123KB, 892x555px
>>323696725
i'm looking forward for blade and soul and also black desert

i'm fine with kill 0/100 quests and the other grind stuff.

i'll play mostly pvp as soon as i can.
>>
>>323697748
>then things got worst
you are still in high school aren't you...
>>
>>323696725
Why the fuck do you write like an edgy 12 year old?
>>
>>323698080
>graduated in 2012
>still in high school
>>
>>323698060

>Blade and soul is just going to be a buncha beta faggots running around with their kangaroo-legged 8 foot tall giantess (in high heels no less) going 'am I kawaii? :3'
>>
This game is so fucking bad.

The grind is fucking atrocious, you have LGBT guilds and the developers are a bunch of tranny faggots, the combat is kind fun but if you don't go full DPS, you get kicked from groups, the PvP is so fucking unbalanced, some classes can become invisible and petrify you and take like 75% of your health in 2 hits, it's a fucking mess.

I kinda regret playing this, i had some solid fun, i can't like about that, but then it turned out so bad, i was just forcing myself too to continue playing the game. The expac was a fucking disaster and they will milk the game till they shut it down forever.
>>
>>323698060
I did play Blade and soul on russians,it was fun but for melee classes,ranged stuff just feels so artificial and lame..its not well done.
Id love to love GW2 pvp but balance there is horrible as fuck.people play 4 classes and its the only thing you can see in ranked these days,call themselves pros but abuse the broken matchmaking system which arena net provided us for 50 euros.
>>
>>323698203
Anyone can say it anon, but your writing skills are on par with a 7th grader.

A barely passing 7th grader
>>
>>323698295
Anon I'm typing fast here, like speech. If I wanted to write an eloquent paragraph like I was on some fucking RP forum again I would.
>>
File: QWGd1gB.jpg (244KB, 980x979px) Image search: [Google]
QWGd1gB.jpg
244KB, 980x979px
>>323696881
>>323696725

How would you recommend things feel more rewarding? Any MMORPGs do you feel do this? (and expand on how they do it in case we haven't played it).
>>
>>323698454

You speak like a child, then.
>>
>>323698454
Cool story, I type upwards of 115wpm and average around 90. Making basic mistakes doesn't rely just on typing speed, it's your lack of attention to go back and fix the problems. It's all right though, now that you are "all grown up" I'm sure your life is just fine without the ability to write decently.

How's that minimum wage?
>>
>>323698215
>look at me I know nothing about this game so i'll make random shit up
>>
File: exrhyev.jpg (129KB, 879x565px) Image search: [Google]
exrhyev.jpg
129KB, 879x565px
>>323698215
don't mind either. just create the ugliest male and get them in pvp.
>>
>>323698551
>>323698608
Excuse me, mein grammar fuhrer, I will make haste in correcting my attrocious spelling and grammar. Please don't send me off to the re-education camps!

Seriously, no. I'm not gonna go back and perfect my inconsistencies in writing on here. It has no relevancy towards the conversation.
>>
>>323698658

You aren't worth my time.
>>
>>323698734
>mein grammar fuhrer
>responding like this
confirmed underage.
>>
>>323698483
Well for example,at least but at least..if i grind 5 hours for some item,give it to me,dont make me grind for 5 months just because your game has RNG based loot,most of the new mmorpg games go for this system,in GW2 everything is handed to you so nicelly you dont feel unique even tho you have 1000 skins,because other half million players have 1000 skins as well.No mmorpg at the moment has a good reward or achievement system.
>>
>>323696725
You're an mmo addict, that's clear. Mmo's are the most unsatisfying waste of time type of games you can do. I hold them close to app games that people play to kill time and sometimes get addicted. Obviously, they're better but do nothing productive/achieving for you as a person. I only ever play for a social aspect and very specific things that aren't really available in any other game. At the least. I've never felt like shit playing them like the casual mmo gamer I am.

I see it as this:
Play 1 mmo =1000's of hours
1000's of hours = hundreds of games or several entirely completed games, in which you may have gained much more skill than you ever would in an mmo.

Quit mmo's or keep it limited and play regular games. You get to enjoy devs' creativity much better.
>>
>>323698734

Yes we know you're a lazy child. Why are you trying to make excuses for it?
>>
File: alice.gif (387KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
alice.gif
387KB, 400x305px
>>323696881
This.

The only reason I'm even playing Guild Wars 2 at this point is to exploit all those suckers playing the game. It's mind boggeling how easy it is to make money off other players - which shouldn't be surprising because the only progression GW2 has is cosmetics, which makes me question why you need to grind levels to begin with. Especially event shit sells for hilariously much for almost zero work. I honestly feel bad for the people who have bought the addon though, they wanted a game and all they got is the same shit. But hey, as long as I can sell overpriced 800g skins I'm all happy.
>>
>>323698894
Im afraid you are completly and 100 percent right on this one.I know this for a fact,i still want to believe otherwise,but its not possible,i already fucked up,thousands of hours wasted on bullshit that hasnt even stick to my memory cause thats how stupid it was.
>>
File: pic-2.jpg (28KB, 421x605px) Image search: [Google]
pic-2.jpg
28KB, 421x605px
>>323698060
my char
>>
>>323698894

>1000's of hours = hundreds of games or several entirely completed games, in which you may have gained much more skill than you ever would in an mmo.

And these skills you gain from playing other games is relevant to...?
>>
>>323699204
I can only asume its relevant to further play games,don't act like a fucking philosopher,this is a gaming thread,fuck off.
>>
>>323698060
I don't understand how people are looking forward to Blade & Soul anymore. The game is a couple of years old now, already has like 4 major addons (none of which are included in the NA release), how is it still relevant? You should've played it when it came out. At this point it's completely plain and dated. The same thing happened to PSO2. I'd suggest you just download Black Desert right away with the translation patch.
>>
>>323698060
Blade and Soul has decent combat with the same generic korean fetch quests every single MMO has, it's TERA 2.0. If that's what you're looking for in an MMO then go ahead.
>>
I even went as far as playing mmorpg called Fly for fun.
Who the fuck in this world even plays such game,im 26 married and have a kid...its just this fucking addiction..never ending search to find one..one to rule them all.
>>
>>323698835
>>323698980
You know, I'm not gonna be dragged into this.

I came here to discuss MMOs and the fact I missed out on them. Did you play MMOs in their heyday? If so, do you have stories about it? I like reading the stories about early MMOs, because they have the kind of world I have always looked to get lost in, and apparently they just don't exist anymore. I like social interaction, that's why I try to play MMOs in the first place. But when all these newer MMOs treat the game as a single player theme park that takes me on destination to the other, it takes any fun of trying to meet people out of it. There's literally no need to interact or work together with others outside of meeting random people in queues for instances and dungeons.
>>
>>323699334

So the answer is they're not relevant? Thought so.
>>
>>323699540
>I like reading the stories about early MMOs, because they have the kind of world I have always looked to get lost in, and apparently they just don't exist anymore. I like social interaction

Someone post UO stories for this man, they have plenty of social interaction and bullshit.
>>
>>323699540
At the begining of mmorpg era,people believed allot of shit that was in chat,me and my buddy have always loved lying about GMs giving rewards for people dueling in a specific city,so you could see allot of people fighting and wrecking havoc arround city just for this reward,usually we would yell "ITS OVER THE GMS HAVE PLACED ITEMS IN OUR BANKS" then this huge zerg just stops fighting and just rush towards their bank.
>>
>>323699823

Alright.

I played UO for about 2 days. On the first day someone was super helpful and gave me a whole bunch of shit and teleported me somewhere so I could grind on some monsters or something.

By the second day I was bored as fuck so I just stopped playing.

The end.
>>
>>323699742
The answer is,fuck off.
>>
>>323696881
That's because every fucking thing you do in the game rewards you somehow. You just stop noticing it.
>>
>>323699971
You should consider writing novels if you can think of fiction pieces this fast.
>>
>>323700027
By these every fucking thing rewards,did you mean?
>Unneeded experience
>10 copper
>Blue items
>Green Items
>Mithril
>Silk

Keep them.
>>
>>323698790
didn't stop you from replying ass hat
>>
>>323699054
No one's perfect. Many here, including me haven't lived a nearly flawless life and walked a path where everything just seems perfect. It's no biggie, you're probably still young enough to set things straight for yourself. Don't waste time regretting, just figure what you like in gaming and go for it even if it may still be MMO's.

For me, I generally play RPGs and there are some really good ones out there. They basically give the same feel as MMO's but solo, better and a different world every single time. Putting 100-200 hours in one of them will be a good experience and feeling addicted/excited enough to go that far. You have something to talk about and say "I fucking loved this game" as if you have done something as great as going on vacation, etc. Problem with MMO's is that they keep adding content like a horse trying to catch the carrot but is never able to, leaving people rather unsatisfied.

All in all, figure what you want to do. You having made this topic already tells me you want to stop with the MMO's. I've found my thing and I'm working towards it. From anon to anon, you should do the same and fulfill your life to be happy regardless of whatever people think it may be for you. I wish you luck.

>>323699204
It helps not being a fucking noob at everything and that you need a guide to even play through the game. It will also help bringing more joy being able to figure shit on your own and succeeding. It will also enable you to beat the more difficult games that actually require skill. Too bad these days there is noob mode in every game for those no skill people.
>>
>>323699381
i played it before like 2-3 hours.
it was to laggy for me. about 120ms
and i think it was playbns

the eu servers will be really close to my place so let's see

but where can i play black desert now ?
>>
>>323700236

>It will also help bringing more joy

Entirely based on speculation.
>>
File: 600px-Tyria_map_(clean).jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Tyria_map_(clean).jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>323698882

What about the unique PvP armor (such as the turny Armor). Or legendary weapons. Or even those insanely expensive exotics. Are those considered unique to you? If no, why?
>>
>>323699381
Black Desert Online has better graphics but worse art direction, some more focus on open world pvp and that's it. Otherwise you might as well play BnS instead, since that is f2p and actually had end game content.
>>
>>323700150

I also recall going to the south of town and beating up and... giants... ettins? Something like that. Damn it was so long ago.
>>
>>323700236
Good advice,I love RPG games,i did only ever play Souls games,I saw this dragons dogma recently,it seems so epic,i will buy it..and end my misery.
>>
>>323700027
The game has no real rewards though, that's the problem.

Levels? Unimportant, because you're scaled up and down depending on your level and stats, which allows you to join level 80 dungeons with a level 20 about as effective as anybody else. Karma? Worthless, just gives you skins at best or gimmick items such as fireworks. PvP badges? Semi useful. Allows you to pretend you're actually progressing if you don't play PvE, but you don't actually progress because it doesn't matter what level the item is you have equipped. Materials? Who the fuck needs materials or jobs when 99% of your income is from the mystic forge.

The only useful reward is Gold in the end.
>>
>>323700407
it was a shame when they patchet out the pvp armor closet.#

i really liked grinding new armor styles
>>
>>323700407
I already have Most of legendaries,I have the Glorious Armour for all 3 classes.Yes they are well unique that is true,but they require hell of a grind to get,and this is just an RNG grind,ofc you could always farm silverwastes,but even now they nerfed the chest farm..and not to mention dungeon reward nerf,what they want now is to buy gems and exchange for gold.
>>
>>323700449
BnS doesn't have endgame content and I don't understand why you think Black Desert has more focus on open world PvP.

BnS literally is a mmo about world PvP. Doing quests all require you to wear specific costumes so you are friendly to that faction, which in return makes you hostile to all opposing factions in that region. One of the first quests in the game is literally killing the town chief by swapping costumes. BnS' endgame is all about ganking and that's about it, so I honestly don't see how Black Desert has more focus on open world pvp, you tool.
>>
>>323700407
Most of the armors and legendary weapons just come off as special snowflake-tier designs. Don't get me started on medium armor.
Literally shit game.
>>
>>323696725

The raid they added to GW2 is pretty fun, unlike the rest of the game currently.

Except it's only three bosses.

I've been killing them every week since release and basically not playing it otherwise. Amazing game.
>>
>>323698242
>you have LGBT guilds and the developers are a bunch of tranny faggots
Why does this matter in terms of gameplay?
>>
File: dervish.jpg (262KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
dervish.jpg
262KB, 800x500px
Guild Wars 1 had a perfect combat system that was scrapped for no reason and shifted to a bland wet-noodle fight button spam where nothing matter. I have no idea what compelled them to change so much, other than the assumption of shit gameplay attracts a larger audience. Too much talent left ArenaNet and what stayed clearly didn't have the voice or means to speak out.
I'll never not be mad about ruining a perfect game with the stain that is GW2.
>>
>>323700347
Is it? It's basic knowledge that if you are able to feel progressive on something and ultimately succeeding, it brings joy. If not, it brings depression and possibly regret.

>>323700508
Dragon's Dogma is really good and fun. Too bad I didn't fully enjoy it due to backlogging and simply doing slightly more than beating (got frustrated being barelt able to play games so I stuffed quite a few in a short time). That's not really my style since I just play until it's boring somewhere postgame. Souls is decent. The story gets better if you ever try to figure out the lore of the game.
>>
>>323699885
An active and engaged community, and good gameplay, is all I ask for in an MMO. Why is this so hard to find?

>>323700236
I wish I could be like that other anon, but I've burnt myself out on RPGs over the years. The only thing bringing me to play DD soon is because I had it on 360 and the combat was great.
>>
>>323700527

You don't get scaled up, only down, unless they've changed it in the last few months. It's only been true for some temporary events like Culled Shores.
>>
>>323700819
Well, obviously you don't know shit about either of them, that much you made clear. BnS has quite a few dungeons, bit of raiding content and a big focus on arena 1v1 pvp. That faction stuff is just another part of the game and not exactly the most important.
>>
>>323700527
>which allows you to join level 80 dungeons with a level 20 about as effective as anybody else
You obviously must not play the game friendo. This is simply not the case.
>>
>>323700527
>PvP badges

Which they removed like a year and a half ago

>99% of your income is from the mystic forge

You obviously haven't played in a long, long time.

But don't come back, it's only gotten worse.
>>
>>323700407
A lot of people wear Legendary weapons to a point where you barely see anyone running around with the Zephyr Skins, or whatever the ones are called that you get for 1k achievement points.

If you buy legendary skins in GW2 you're retarded, it's simple as that. You're wasting your money and time on trivial items that many other people already flaunt. There's also no equivalent to GW1, which had a purely cosmetic armor that had cost in total more money than your character can even hold at all times. 1200p had been the character cap of how much money you could hold and the armor would cost in total 1400p. Not only that, but it would require you to run to a forge which could take up like 6 hours to even get there.
>>
>>323701031
The same goes for every other place on the internet. Most people have been infected by instant gratification and don't give shit anymore.

>>323701031
Don't worry about it, anon. Why not try some action games? They're my second favourite and take up tons of time beating them on the hardest difficulty, let alone completing entirely. Not that you should have the same taste, they just get the closest to RPGs, which have also become more action based but highly flawed in comparison.
>>
>>323701024

>feel progressive on something and ultimately succeeding

I dunno, I've seen a lot of speedrunners absolutely hate themselves and beat themselves up over all the time they're wasting. Some even blowing up on stream over how they're wasting their life away. Then they feel good for like 2 days and then go back to being depressed.

Honestly if you're looking to videogame successes to bring you joy you have a very empty life.
>>
can i hop on arena right after the tutorial? or will i miss all of my skills in bns ?
>>
>>323701582
Your HP and attributes are evened, but the skills you haven't unlocked stay locked yeah.
>>
>>323701428
Yes, difficulty is always lowered and too much is given to the player to powerlevel to endgame and buy constumes on the cash shop out of boredom.

As for action games, if you're talking about things like NG and DMC, I've played almost all of the ones out there. Going back for achievments and trophies might be a good idea but I generally don't replay them a ton. I love them but they are repetitive. If there was a game that was 20 hours of bossrush with crazy stylish action combat then I would probably replay it.
>>
File: 1352815281917.jpg (70KB, 612x640px) Image search: [Google]
1352815281917.jpg
70KB, 612x640px
>>323701279
>Which they removed like a year and a half ago

They've removed it like 2 months ago rofl, and it was replaced by pretty much the same shit. You also still earn Badges of Honor in PvP, as well as Proof of Heroics.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Proof_of_Heroics

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor

But I'll take your word for it, random anon, why should I believe the official wiki.

>>323701097
Make a new character, join Fractals, poof, you're level 80 for the time being in the dungeon with the same stats as someone wearing exotics.

>>323701259
Can't help it if you're in denial, believing that you somehow progressed with your character. But hey, I sometimes try to reason as well that my 5000 hours spent grinding for nothing in a game somehow gave me anything in return.
>>
Final Fantasy XI
>>
>>323701504
Speedrunners rape games. They play games even when they're sick of playing a specific game for the sake of speedrunning it. That's not a way to take in your hobby imo. Most of us aren't looking for success in the way you mentioned. Just success in "I beat this really difficult boss" or similair stuff. No need to go crazy and force yourself to do things you don't find any joy in. Why even have it as a hobby otherwise?

>>323701857
As a long term mmo player. I always felt fucked over when things are made too easy while I spend 747491 hours to get there. So I rather avoid them and play (almost) complete games instead.

Also beat them on hardest/second to hardest difficulty? They're really more gameplay than anything else. As long as it ain't MGR, you might be having quite a bit of trouble getting through those games. Well, if you're done with that, you could also do some survival horrors and perhaps play some fps games. I consider fps games always better than MMO's. Play for an hour and quit...you still get a slight social aspect with it and all.
>>
>>323702225

WvW ain't PvP you fucking retard.
>>
>>323702430

>No need to go crazy and force yourself to do things you don't find any joy in

And yet you're suggesting that everyone play hard games... for some reason. Even though they may not get any feeling of 'accomplishment' at all from beating a difficult boss.
>>
>>323702962
What's a hard game? I can only count the very retros at best where you need to play the game in one go. I was commenting on whatever other anon said about speedrunners. They challenge themselves in that way but in general, challenging yourself plays a big part to finding joy/pleasure/progress/achieved. May not count for everyone, but it sure does for many. The most important thing is just to have fun.
>>
>>323702430
I usually stop at about second hardest. I can't play FPS anymore specifically because they are even worse than bad MMO communities.

As for survival horror, I haven't played that in a while. Might be a good idea, I'll wait until it gets dark out.
>>
>>323698179
Nothing edgy about it. This is just how people write when they're dumb as a bag of rocks. I mean how else can you explain this motherfucker being able to exclusively play MMOs, let alone GW2, for that long?

The only guy I know that writes like this and engages in that behavior is a paranoid schizophrenic. He can play trash like Perfect World for 8 hours a day and never get bored.
>>
>>323698483
>play Ultima Online on a custom free shard with a bit changed game rules and mechanics, but still full scale open world PvP, even in dungeons, towns..., lootable corpse, PK... never played on an official server so it may have been the same, but the world was completely new, made by the GMs
>in a dungeon with my brother and cousin, it's a dungeon for beginners so no PKs allowed
>yet it's hard as balls, if you die and don'T get ot the corpse you lose your equip
>finish it after many, many tries
>get some loot, not all that important
>but we finished it
>hard as fuck
>died a few times
>but finished it
>got XP from the monsters and at the end (and throughout the dungeon) were experience stones which reward you with a large amount of XP
>the XP was better than anything else
>because if youdie, you lose XP (not level)
>leveling is slow, so you are glad for any XP
>getting to level 40 (sort of soft cap, but you can go higher) takes even years, you also have to train skills of you character
>felt more rewarding than any other MMO rewards such as loot and shit
So, progression is the best reward. GW2 was somehow right with this in HoT, but they fucked up in making th leveling too fast... but they fucked up with so much more that it wouldn't help them anyway.
>>
>>323698060
>tfw played the chinese open beta
I can't wait to play with a tolerable latency
>>
>>323696881
>friend can't stop promoting GW2 saying it will be the wow-killer since GW1 was so good
>buy it and play at launch with him an other friends
>bored to tears around level 50
>getting to 80 feels like a drag
>only 1 pvp mode
>WvWvW is a zergfest

One of my biggest buyer's remorse ever
Atleast it was funny to watch Anet go full damage control mode at launch and ended up sounding like whiny babies
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.