[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Dragon, Cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: cancer.jpg (272KB, 974x841px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
272KB, 974x841px
The new Gone Home is here, gentlemen
>>
>>323691797
inb4 people start trolling them using their dead son as bait
>>
Goodness what a fucking pretentious name
>>
>>323691797
of course the faggots at polygon shilled the "interactive movie"
>>
From what I've read, they actually fucked up by adding in very 'game-y' segments to it, rather than just saying it was more of an interactive story. I don't really have a problem with the type of 'game' it is, provided it's well written and doesn't have an identity complex about it.
>>
here's an idea, if it is to be the next "gone home" how about not give it attention, advertise it or start discussion about it so it doesnt get unececerily overhyped like gone home was
>>
>>323694547
>unececerily

Tell me you typed that on purpose.
>>
File: ....gif (1MB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
1MB, 200x207px
this isn't some faggot's introspective journey boohoo sob story, it's a father's sob story about his son having cancer.

dont yall harbor any shame to your shitposting?
>>
>>323694547
This could actually be a decent 'interactive narrative', I've not played it to know.
The bigger problem with Gone Home is just how it's horribly written but garnered high scores because of the subject matter - something which 'could' be the same here too.
>>
>>323694756
>muh son died of cancer
>Better make a video game about it!

Nah, fuck off dipshit
>>
So
literally cancer.
>>
>>323694860
sounds like youre dead inside, anon
>>
>>323694967
He's right though you faggot
>>
>>323694756
Hey broseefus, I play videogames to have fun, not to read some chucklefucks story. It's not like he's the only fucking guy who lost his son to cancer. Get the fuck over yourself already.
>>
>>323694860
You forgot charge fifteen bucks while they're at it.

Something about making a profit off your son's death doesn't sit right with me tbqh.
>>
>>323695169
>I read books to have fun
>no one better write books about tragedies in their lives
>>
>>323695112
are you in that much emotional pain, man?
>>
>>323695270
Except, you know, this is not a book.
>>
>>323694005
seriously. better title would be "cancer dragon"
>>
gone home was about a spoiled rotten 1%er lesbian drama queen who was upset because her mom and dad wanted her to have a happy, fulfilling life instead of running off with her unemployed friend to do fuck knows what (probably coming back home after a couple of days because they ran out of money and are unemployed) and only got good scores because the devs were friends with the reviewers and had a ham-fisted SJW message

it sucks that you faggots have to compare every game with gone home
>>
Is this the Blackstar of video games?
>>
File: img000010.jpg (35KB, 177x203px) Image search: [Google]
img000010.jpg
35KB, 177x203px
>>323691797
My name's not Cancer and I'm not buying a fucking dragon.

Salesmen these days, fuck.
>>
File: 1449603162840.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449603162840.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>323695169
literally who?
>>
>>323695263
maybe that was his plan all along.
>>
>>323695263
Should buy the game and write that in a review, you'd probably get deleted instantly because muh feels.
>>
>>323694005

Please explain how that title is pretentious
>>
This better be about a dragon having cancer
>>
>>323691797
This is the worst name for a game I've seen since Life is Feudal: Your Own
>>
>>323691797
>that Polygon "review"
Wakarimasen LOL. BUY IT
>>
>>323694547
Gone Home wasn't even hyped, it simply wormed its way into the spotlight because the devs are buddy buddy with every major reviewer out there. The same thing goes for this, but it won't gain nearly as much traction. Firewatch, however, will. The devs of that are best friends with half of IGN for example (they were dogsitting Mac Scoville's dog over the holidays while he was on vacation and he constantly name drops that game on podcasts)
>>
>>323696450
i probably should of said overblown
>>
File: 1447894990332.png (628KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447894990332.png
628KB, 900x900px
>>323691797
David Bowie's last album probably blows this away when it comes to stuff about dealing with cancer.
>>
>>323696416
Bet he even paid a shitload of money for that too. All because he wants to sell a game about his dead fucking son. Has the guy no shame? Fucking hell man.
>>
>>323696082
Life is Feudal is going to become an MMO, so the current game is titled "Your Own" as it's either solo or in a 30 to 60 plus server.
>>
>>323695545
I dunno man, 15$ for a dragon is pretty chreap.
>>
>>323696548
Yeah, that sounds more accurate. But either way, it got attention and only because of nepotism. Which is the case with all of these worthless "games" made by San Francisco trust fund kiddie art school rejects.
>>
>>323694860
You're dumb, plenty of classic pieces of literature, music and film sparked from tragedy, that is probably one of the most common reasons people create since sadness is such a powerful emotion and easy to vent through art, especially writing.
>>
If you got a dragon as a pet would you call it Cancer, this sub?
>>
>>323696870
Just because it happens a lot don't mean I have to accept it. I don't care who the fuck does it, it's just wrong. But whatever. Don't try to convince me otherwise, it's just my opinion.
>>
The funniest part about these games is always the reviews from pretentious wannabe writers who ended up at games 'journalism' talking about muh feels and how innovative and powerful this piece of shit is.
>>
A game about young Saitama? I'm sold.
>>
Why can't people just admit that something isn't good? Why pretend something is better than it really is just to avoid hurting someone's feelings?
>>
File: tsundere dragon.webm (467KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tsundere dragon.webm
467KB, 1280x720px
>>323696742
>Game is not about the main character buying a dragon for $15

Could have been great.
>>
>>323696978
What exactly is wrong about it? If a creative person experiences something traumatic should they not do something with their talents with what they experienced?
>>
File: 1451492104151.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451492104151.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
I love it when people capitalize on personal tragedy for profit. It's even better when they try to play the victim when they're called out on it. It's so god damn American like apple pie.
>>
>>323695263
How is that any worse than all the video games about actual wars where millions of men died?
>>
File: joseph-stalin-AB.jpg (83KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
joseph-stalin-AB.jpg
83KB, 334x250px
>>323697278
When a person dies, it's a tragedy. When a million die, it's a statistic.
>>
File: 1452406917974.gif (868KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452406917974.gif
868KB, 500x500px
>Not a cheapo game about helping out a real dragon with cancer
>Capitalizing off a child's battle with cancer
>>
>>323694547
That doesn't work anymore, cause Her Story won awards despite being one of the absolute worst FMV games ever made, and no one fucking talked about it, at all.

People can nudge elbows with eachother later and then tell us it's a fabulous game that is winning this many awards at this upcoming stream about video games, and people will just bite at it and parrot that shit forever. Doesn't matter what you do or don't do now.
>>
File: oCKm4yE[1].png (129KB, 1349x640px) Image search: [Google]
oCKm4yE[1].png
129KB, 1349x640px
>>323695770
Intentionally odd use of grammar to objuscate any real meaning because it makes it sound poetic.
>>
>>323697259
I wouldn't mind if they got inspired by it. Not write a whole damn book about. Or develop a shitty game in this case, and eventually go to ask 15 euros for it. At least make it a good game then.
>>
I'm not interested but he has every right to make it.
>>
>>323697616
obfuscate*
>>
>>323696870
>that is probably one of the most common reasons people create since sadness is such a powerful emotion and easy to vent through art

Video games aren't art son. Get outta here
>>
>>323695375
So why is it okay to you if it's a book, but not okay when it's a video game?
>>
>>323697918
I didn't even imply that. Just saying this thing is not a book. It's just another shitty indie game.
>>
>>323691797
>"I think it might have changes me in some way that I'm yet to fully understand. ... If you play this game, it may change you."
>Polygon

Literally "I don't get it": The Review.

For fuck's sakes. Either get more intelligent writers or just have your writers admit that they don't understand what they just played through.

How about a rogue, third option? Maybe the game is shit because the reviewer has no idea what the fuck it's supposed to mean.
>>
If i cant cancer cancel into dragon flight this game sucks. What are some good game mechanics from cancer dragon other than my son dying from it?
>>
>>323697918
Read the summary on steam, they call it some interactive video game narrative experience in the description then at the bottom have a kind of "P.S." addendum referring to it as a film.

How can you call it a video game if they don't even know if it's a video game?
>>
>>323697771
>Video games aren't art son
They can be. They're never going to be well regarded as such as long as they're trying to copy film aspects though.
>>
>>323694547
do you honestly think the OP isn't shilling his game right now? this is how they do it now.

they literally come here and pretend to hate the game, then the samefag a few posts with controversial opinions that everyone flocks to thus creating more discussion behind the game. next comes the kotaku headlines, and all other bullshit talking about a game no one would otherwise give a shit about, because the publicity is more about the "Drama" around the games development or political status or some gay shit, and that in turn sells it because people want to know what all the fuss is about.

we, the real posters on this board literally won't ever post about bullshit here, and actually play video games. the shills literally come here for the underage reactionary may may posters to do their marketing for them. all it takes is a nudge.

the worst part about it all is that there's literally nothing we can do. they'll continue to shill their crap under the guise of political drama and the dumb ass faggots on this board will eat it right the fuck up and play directly into their strategy.
>>
>>323700020
literaly what im talking about man, shilly samefagging or not, dont give it/them the attention they want, positive or negative
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.