[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Why does /v/ hate this game?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 42
File: ds2-1418310781.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ds2-1418310781.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why does /v/ hate this game?

>More diverse environments
>Way more armor and build variants
>Dedicated PvP areas for newbies and veterans alike
>Way bigger with a much more consistent quality throughout
>Faster, more precise gameplay mechanics
>Best DLC of the entire series

I'm absolutely convinced hating this game on /v/ is a meme.
>>
>>323678380
why is it important what /v/ thinks ?
>>
>>323678468
It isn't.
>>
>>323678531
;)
>>
>>323678587
Good job, my man.
>>
just completed the game during the weekend and sold it off today

> TERRIBLE combat compared to other Souls games (enemy move tracking, broken hitboxes, animation/damage calculation)
> TERRIBLE environments for the most part, practically everything before Drangleic Castle and DLC areas sucked.
> Only a couple memoriable boss fights, everything else was in the most literal sense - boring to fight.
> Instead of clever level design, interesting mobs or new mechanics there is just 20x enemies on screen

I am not joking when I say that playing it was suffering. I did not enjoy it at all, despite 58h of gameplay.
>>
>>323678380

> More diverse environments
and almost everything is dull af
> Way bigger with a much more consistent quality throughout
quality is the last word even the most die-hard Souls fan would use on DSII
> Best DLC of the entire series
Souls games? Yes.
Compared to Old Hunters? kek
>>
>>323678910
>Lying: The post

You're a moron.
>>
>>323678910
>he continued to suffer for 60 hours so kids on the internet won't tell him to le git gud
>>
Enough fucking Dark Souls threads you autists.
>>
>>323678380
>zone transitions make no sense
>armor, DEX and magic is useless, quantity over quality
>same couple dedicated PvP areas as in other DS games, soul memory, no full orbs, blue covenants completely broken
>downgraded and poorly designed from start to finish
>new movement is more floaty than DeS, new animations are low quality trash and most movesets are horrible
>one DLC is better than entire game, and even then not even on the level of post Lordvessel DS1

DS2 being bad is a meme is the worst forced meme to ever come to this shitty board.
>>
Because it refuses to recognize inputs for seconds at a time for no apparent reason.
>>
>>323679002

Lying doesn't make someone a moron and there wasn't a single lie in that post.

62% trophy completion for as much as I did.

>>323679032

I hoped it would get good eventually. Like, new awesome areas.
The dragon area and drangleic were the only cool areas of the entire game.
>>
File: af3.gif (932 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
af3.gif
932 KB, 300x300
>Wake up
>Check /v/ on my phone like the sack of shit I am
>Literally Nothing but Dark Souls threads

When the fuck are you going to shut up about these shitty games? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>323678987
>Praises Bloodborne while saying DaS2 is dull

Bloodborne looks the same basically fucking everywhere. Environmentally it's easily the dullest Souls game.

>Oh look at this amazing gothic Victorian stuff
>12 hours later: Oh look at this kinda samey Gothic Victorian stuff
>20 hours later: OK can I have something which isn't the same shit I've just been looking at for the past 19 hours?
>>
File: 1421538351094.png (66 KB, 296x285) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421538351094.png
66 KB, 296x285
>>323678380
>Walking into Shulva for the first time
>Dragon wakes up and starts wrecking shit
The level is giving me some World 4 vibes.
>>
File: 2016-01-03_00006.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2016-01-03_00006.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
i'm playing it right now, at it's just fine
/v/ is just a bunch of whiny babies
>>
>>323679276

> Bloodborne looks the same basically fucking everywhere.

Confirmed for never leaving Central Yharnam.

Do yourself a favor, open BB Wiki, navigate to Areas and check out some gameplay videos of these areas.
>>
>>323678380
>diverse environments
>3 different poison levels
>snow DLC level
>lava level
>underground dwarven city (?)
>pirate cove (???)
>notCatacombs
>notUndeadburg
>notDarkroot Garden
>notAnor Londo
>notBlighttown
>notAsh Lake
>>
>>323678380

The only good thing about Dark Souls 2 was the dedicated PvP areas. I wish every Souls game had that.

Still the worst game in the series. Even the developers admit that.
>>
>>323679276
>BUT BLOODBORNE IS BAD I'VE SEEN SCREENSHOT OF IT
pkeks, kek
>>
>dark souls
>diverse environments

alright, leaving aside the gameplay shit, because i understand that some of you just really like really boring passive combat in your games.

every single area in the game is a bland uninspired brown cave, a bland uninspired stone room, or a bland uninspired greyish green wooded area. there are no diverse environments. that is actually an objective fact about the game.
>>
>>323679083
Nothing in the entire fucking series is worse than post Lordvessel DS1. If there's a single redeeming quality, it's how fast you can go through them.
>>
OFFICIAL RANKINGS OF THE FIRST 3

>PVP
2>1>De

>AREAS
1>De>2

>STORY
1>2>De

>STATS
THEY ALWAYS FUCK IT UP IN EVERY GAME

>CONTROLS
2>1>De (disregarding agility complaints)

any other opinion besides story rankings are pleb tier
>>
>>323678380
Those are all the good points of DS2, except these
>much more consistent quality throughout
It's at the most as consistent as in DS

>Best DLC of the entire series
They were good when compared to the main game, otherwise pretty weak
>>
>>323679663
>Nothing in the entire fucking series is worse than post Lordvessel DS1.
90% of DS2. And 95% of DS2 bosses.
>>
>>323679829
Well that's not completely biased at all.
>>
Can we stop the fucking DS2 threads already?

DS2 is shit, period.
>>
>>323679457
I did just this yesterday. The first 80% percent of the game is a spooky Gothic castle town / spooky woods until the nightmare areas.
>>
>>323678380
>SM
>twinking still exists
>shitty hitboxes
>blue covie still broken

Guard break is fucking awesome though
>>
>>323679083
>magic is useless
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>323679083
>DEX is useless
lfmao.
>>
>>323679620
It's samey as fuck, and this is coming from a sonygger.
>>
Why do people hate post-Lordvessel DS1? I've people say that that is where DS1 gets linear, but, well, you can choose which of the 4 souls to go for first, yeah? Are the levels just poorly designed afterwards?
I admittedly could just have poor taste. I enjoyed all the Souls games and Bloodborne, so, take that as you will.
>>
>>323679829
>post lordvessel dark souls is bad

They're fine. Only bad level was demon ruins/lost izalith.
>>
>>323679917
That's just simple truth. Or you're implying non-DLC DS2 bosses are good?

DS2 is a decent game if you ignore previous games. But if you played DS1 or DeS does anything other than inventory and summon NPCs better, there's clearly something wrong with your brain. Or you're just a pcuck who treasures DS2 just because port is decent.
>>
It does have a lot of environments but a lot of them are just bite sized bits of garbage.
>>
>>323679276
>Game has theme and sticks to that theme.
Who would have thunk.
>>
>>323680130
Nah its just a meme. Only Lost Izalith is bad.
>>
>>323679083

This post couldn't be any more objectively wrong. It's actually quite hilarious.
>>
File: 1444384648833.jpg (101 KB, 780x557) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444384648833.jpg
101 KB, 780x557
>More diverse environments

>Guys, we need more content!
>TANIMURA-SAN, WILL THESE BLAND SQUARE ROOMS DO? THEY'RE JUST A REPEATING TEXTURE ON NAKED FLAT WALLS, THOUGH!
>Yeah, perfect!
>>
>>323680130
Because everything after Anor London is fucking shit, and it makes up a large percentage of the game.

>B-BUT MUH A-TEAM

For anybody in the thread who hasn't played them yet, do NOT play DaS2 first, because DaS and DeS will seem like a BIG step down.
>>
>>323680281
Duke Archives is a pain the fucking ass to get through though.
>>
>>323678380
>>More diverse environments

Level design takes priority

>>Way more armor and build variants

Quanlity>Quantity, also i'm sure someone whos played the pvp more than me will correct you on your more build variants nonsense

>>Way bigger with a much more consistent quality throughout

Bigger =/= better and i'm not sure being consistent is a good thing in this case when it means that it is consistently shit

>>Faster, more precise gameplay mechanics

Someone hasn't played Bloodborne

>>Best DLC of the entire series

Both AotA and TOH are better. Although this one is more subjective.
>>
File: 1445915420648.jpg (647 KB, 1093x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445915420648.jpg
647 KB, 1093x700
Although I feel its inferior to its predecessors in its story and level design, I actually still quite liked it.

Customization and PVP were never better. The music was quite good too. Yeah the areas didn't make much sense, but I still liked most of them. The two castles, lost bastille, the big wind mill area, amana shrine, and the dlc being highlights.

It had/has some serious flaws but its still a good game. People here are just extremists about everything. It's either amazing or its shit. There's no middle ground.
>>
>>323679550
>The only good thing about Dark Souls 2 was the dedicated PvP areas
The entire point of souls games is to invade randomly, arenas are going against the core principle of entire game.
It's almost impossible to get invaded randomly in DS2 thanks to an entire combination of factors outside of bell tower and IK bridge, fuck this.
Meanwhile i'm still invaded randomly in DS1 in almost all locations.
>>
>>323680431
DeS is literally never a step down.
>>
>>323678380
It's not though. DaS II is widely praised on /v/ and SotFS makes the game better han DaS I on almost every level. It's universally accepted.
>>
Is an Iron Tarkus like tank build doable in 2 for co-op?
>>
>>323680429
That's funny because Firelink, Undead Burg, and the Parish are basically the same fucking environment, and they make up a good 30% of the actual game.
>>
>>323680130
I love post-lordvessel DS1 excluding a part of lost izalith.
Archives are my favorite area, really glad Research Hall turned out to be Archives 2.0.
>>
>>323680564
DeS is fucking tiny and the hub area is shit. Get off your fucking dildo, idiot.
>>
>>323680473
I thought it was fine. Crystal cave was a little tricky but you should have plenty of tools like firebombs, skullss, etc in your disposal for getting past that.
>>
DS2 is absolutely superior except for slightly less memorable areas and bosses, which is kinda a good thing since we got way more zones and bosses.

Reminder that most ppl here always shills dated and obsolete crap they only like because of nostalgia reasons. They recommend games like demon souls or system shock 2 which are about as good as recent games which scores <30 metascore.
>>
>>323680510

>Quanlity>Quantity, also i'm sure someone whos played the pvp more than me will correct you on your more build variants nonsense

Actually anyone whose played a fuckton of PVP will correct you that DaS2's overwhelming quantity is also actually better balanced and varied with more viable weapons and armor sets than DaS1 3x over.

>Both AotA and TOH are better. Although this one is more subjective.

AOTA has the best bosses, DaS2 Iron King and Ivory King are overall better than AOTA. TOH beats them all though.
>>
>>323680714
Size is not the end all and be all. And fuck you the nexus is fine.
>>
>>323680524
post more 4kings (female)
>>
>>323679276
I feel its the constant night cycle that fucks up bloodborne and makes it a bit monotonous. I've put in about 120 hours into it and still feel blown away environments and architectures when I can accurately see them.
>>
>>323680637
Yeah, and all of them are quite well designed and intertwined. Quality over quantity, yet B-team didn't get the memo.
>>
>>323680431
anor londo is pretty mediocre itself, theres not much to it, people only remember it fondly because of the cutscene entering anor lond
>>
I liked all of them, Dark Souls 2 is clearly the "black sheep" of the group, but it's still pretty good
>>
>>323680603
>widely praised
>every thread devolves into shitting on it
>>
>>323680616
Anything in the game is doable if there's two of you. For PvP? Fuck no. Go as light as you can with the best DPS melee weapon you have.
>>
>>323680815
>with more viable weapons
God tier: lonswords and rapiers
Shit tier: everything else
DS2 is even more focused around fast weapons than DS1, everything slower than greatsword is shit and DS2 greatswords were nerfed into oblivion.
>>
>DSII
>Good environments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE
>>
>have shit life
>Play Dark Souls hoping to have it reignite my passion
>Beat it
>Can't bare to play more but just shitpost on /v/ and listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBybw-IJ5U

I think I'm just broken.
>>
File: 1439873127314.jpg (28 KB, 640x435) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439873127314.jpg
28 KB, 640x435
>>323680603
>DaS II is widely praised on /v/ and SotFS makes the game better han DaS I on almost every level. It's universally accepted.
Got me, you bastard.
>>
>>323680983
>DS2 greatswords were nerfed into oblivion.

My willingness to play this game just fucking shot to nothing. Greatswords are my weapon of choice every time.
>>
File: Penetrator.png (528 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Penetrator.png
528 KB, 1024x640
I think it's funny how /v/ started to notice DS2 was "bad" after Matthewmetosis put up his critique video. Right from the start I knew the game wasn't going to be incredible, based on some interviews, and the fact that Namco is Namco. The "B-Team" that you love to demonize is the only that came in and tried to put together the game after the mess the other director made, this is evident since the DLC areas are much MUCH better, despite them being made by the "B-Team".
I just think it's funny how DaS1 is supposed to be the best, while it's also meddled to fuck and back.
>>
File: giphy.gif (835 KB, 500x206) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
835 KB, 500x206
>>323681004
At least you did not play BB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
>>
>>323680817
DeS is VERY small though, nobody can deny that. It's like a hardcore Mario game with levels broken down into different (Short) sections.
>>
>>323680983

Anon you're wrong. Please stop posting.
>>
>>323681127
He's wrong, greatswords are by far the most practical and numerous of the weapon classes. The's more greatswords than straight swords, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>323681289
>DELETE THIS: The post
>>
>>323680876
People remember it because of the lighting, and literally nothing else. When you turn the lights off it looks just as crappy as the rest of the game. Spooky though.
>>
>>323681127
Greatswords are the only viable weapon in DS2 PvE because it allows you to kill tons of trash mobs the game drops on you faster.
>>
>>323681127

He's lieing, the Great weapons are fucking obscenely good when you land them. They're just harder to use.

You can manually aim them to fake out opponents and if you land a parry or riposte most of hte time you'll 1 hit kill people in PvP unless that person is like 99 VIT.
>>
>>323679507
>notBlighttown
What is the Gutter you imbecile?
>>
>>323680542
yeah its too bad that dark souls pvp is a load of laggy dick stabs, hackers, and twinks with havels chest and dark bear/pursuers.

also no one invades in dark souls 2 because of that exact reason, they cant twink and therefore are afriand they will get their shit slapped. it speaks volumes about how shitty the souls fanbase is
>>
>>323681454
>>323681409
>>323681318
>tfw UGS masterrace

I'm excited to play DS2. I just beat DS1 a few days ago.
I know I shouldn't be, just let me have this one.
>>
>>323679723
So where are you putting the absurdly stupid and poorly made hitboxes? It's a pretty big factor in the gameplay, being hit by attacks that fully miss (hello Smelter Demon).

Also how about laziness of bosses? Just taking fights from the first game and dropping a bit of a deuce on them (gargoyles, royal rat, etc).
>>
>>323681409
>Not a Staff of Wisdom coupled with Nashandra's bow

Pleb.
>>
>>323681558
You should be though, DaS2 is better. Enjoy it
>>
File: ds2 pvp.jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ds2 pvp.jpg
539 KB, 1920x1080
>>323681289
Then prove me wrong or shut the fuck up.
DS2 was an unbalanced piece of shit when it was released but every balance patch fucked up the weapon balancing even further.
Syan was the only viable halberd? Why, nerf it to uselessness.
Greatswords had a cool combo possibilities? Why, remove ALL of them.
Greatbows had excellent tracking? Remove it completely.
UGS powerstances dealt a shitton of damage and were relatively fast? Wew, better nerf them.
UGS could do a golf swing? REMOVE THIS.
Longswords and rapiers are strong? Lmao lets add a ring that gives them 50 more AR and buff stone ring so they are impossible to hyperarmor through with anything.

Balance-wise DS2 is shit. DS1 had viable weapons from all weapon types aside from whips. Only 2-3 weapon classes in DS2 are at least somehow viable.
>>
>>323680431
You are literally retarded.

It's actually incredible how much of a across the board step down DaS2 is compared to DaS. It would've made more sense if 2 came out first and DaS was the sequel that improved on it.
>>
>>323681545

>also no one invades in dark souls 2 because of that exact reason

No one invades because of SM.

> they cant twink and therefore are afriand they will get their shit slapped. it speaks volumes about how shitty the souls fanbase is

No everyone duels in the arena or on the bridge.

Stop being a pissbaby.
>>
>>323681409
You can do the same with halberds and twinblades Basically any weapon with a good horizontal attack becomes immediately useful unless you are in a tight corridor, in which case is better to switch to a rapier or something of the like. Puzzling Sword is a nice balance,
>>
>>323681701
How, anon? I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this.
>>
>>323681127
Uh. That's wrong though. The game is like 20 dollars. Just buy it and see for yourself.
>>
File: dead zones.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dead zones.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>323679091
DaS2 controls like shit
>>
>>323681701
>everything after Anor London is fucking shit
I think the Demon Ruins are pretty ok desu. Lost Izalith is a fucking eyesore, but the lava is far away enough in Demon Ruins that it looks alright. Too bad the bosses fucking suck. The Duke's archives are also alright, even if Crystal Cave sucks.

Kiln of the First Flame is gorgeous though, and I will contest anyone that says otherwise.
>>
>>323681558

>I know I shouldn't be, just let me have this one.

Stop this, DaS2 is fun. Only binary faggots hate it.
>>
>>323679091
>>323681880
Fucking this.
Going back to DS1 felt like a huge improvement in terms of precision of controls.
>>
>>323681558
You can find the Claymore early if you head to the area that's blocked by the petrified girl.
>>
>>323681684
>DaS2 was unbalanced piece of shit when it was released

And DaS wasnt? DaS is the most broken PvP game I've ever played. You can say what you want about SM, but it stopped cancerous faggots invading low levels just starting out in the game.
>>
>>323682003

>4 way dodging

Not even once.
>>
Is there any equivalent to the Giantdad build?
>>
>>323682250

Zweihander and any heavy armor? The giantdad build was just using a Zweihander with a silly mask and giant armor.

It just had stupid stagger properties in DaS1.
>>
>>323682097
>And DaS wasnt?
DS2 is a fucking SEQUEL which still managed to be an unbalanced piece of shit with similar issues that DS1 had during release except some of them are still not fucking fixed.
> invading low levels
Never was a problem, go hollow if you don't want being invaded or play offline.
If you want to summon help reds will be there to balance having a second player in your world.
>>
>>323681880
Am in supposed to know what this webm means? Also somebody is clearly using a a keyboard in the first clip.
>>
File: 1422634600140.png (12 KB, 232x151) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422634600140.png
12 KB, 232x151
>>323682097
>Lightning weapons where better than normal 100% percent of the time
>Everything in the game is incredibly weak to Lightning
>No scaling required, just grab the less taxing weapon you can find and crank that VIT and END up.
>>
>>323682361
>The giantdad build was just using a Zweihander with a silly mask and giant armor.
Not at all faggot.
The mask along with ROFaP and Havel's Ring and the min/max build let you quickroll with one of the heaviest sets in the game. And it's a Chaos Zwei.
>>
>>323682420
>Invading low levels in DaS1 wasn't a problem

You fucking idiot. Parish was a stomping ground for SL1s to invade newbies.
>>
>>323682474

>Put on Havels ring
>Put on Havels armor
>Put on flip ring
>AVELYN LIGHTNING WASHING POLE FLIPPING HAVELS

Yea DaS1 was great.

>mfw faggots still act like DaS1 was some infallible piece of design
>>
>>323682250
Havelbutt. You don't see them around that much these days. Lately I've seen a lot more diversity in the builds, it's weird, people using a lot of weapons that are not common, probably under the impression that the most common weapons tend to be parried a lot.
>>
File: 2014-09-24_00047.jpg (102 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2014-09-24_00047.jpg
102 KB, 1366x768
As a Guy that likes to play the Souls game with one character that can use everything in the game later on, I played Dark Souls 2 more than the First one, and I like some things better than others.

Dark Souls 1 I feel it starts a little better and has some better bosses, but Dark Souls 2 had me in awe with some of its enviroments. Drangleic Castle is fucking gorgeus.

With that said, to play Dark Souls 2 properly you really need Scholar of the First Sin, its a huge overhaul over its bad parts.

With Dark Souls 2 I reached NG+(7), I'm on my NG+(2) with Scholar of the First Sin whereas on the first Dark Souls I reached NG+(5)

But whatevs

>opinions
>>
>>323682606
So?
>>
>>323682606

DONT
GO
HUMAN
YOU
DONT
GET
INVADED
>>
>>323682474
Scaling was the same as it was in DaS, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>323682773

??? Lightning weapons don't scale in DaS.
>>
>>323682742
Great design. Should have gone with the design they had in DaS2. Use one of those thingies on a bonfire in the area you don't want to be invaded in.
>>
I can't stand the "ds1 is shit after lordvessel" meme. Only Bed of Chaos is bad. You fuckers thinking game development is as linear as your understanding of causality is what killed this board
>>
>>323682878
What? I'm talking about the scaling system. And no, lighting wasn't strong to everything in the game. The fire longsword you get early in the game can carry you through the whole thing.
>>
>>323682926
Bed of Chaos is bad
Firesage Demon is bad
Lost Izalith is a fucking eyesore
Tomb of the Giants is shit
Crystal Cave is garbage.

There's more than just Bed of Chaos.
>>
File: 003.png (172 KB, 989x1400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
003.png
172 KB, 989x1400
>going back to ds1 after bb
>this feeling of great relief because i can actually earn and spend souls as i wish instead of being constantly buttfucked by sm
>>
>>323678380
ITS A GOOD GAME WHEN COMPARED TO THE POOL OF ALL GAMES BUT SUFFERS WHEN COMPARED TO DAS1
IT HAS SOME NICE IMPROVEMENTS BUT ALSO DOES SOME DUMB SHIT
THE DLC IS ALL REALLY GOOD BUT I DONT THINK ANY ONE, SINGULARLY, IS AS GOOD AS DAS1 DLC. RAIME IS THE BEST BOSS FIGHT IN 2.
THE OVER RELIANCE ON TRACKING OVERHEADS IS IRRITATING EVEN ONCE YOU GIT GUD AND DODGE THEM, PUTTING IMPORTANT STATS ON ARMOR RUINED FASHION SOULS, AND MIRACLES ARE USELESS FOR SOME REASON BESIDES USING HEALS ON NEWFAG FRIENDS. NO INFINITE INVASION ITEM MEANS PVP IS CONSTRAINED TO THIS FAGGOT BRIDGE. SOUL MEMORY IS TRASH.

I ONLY PLAY IT OVER THE FIRST BECAUSE DAS1 PC PORT WAS SO BAD IT REFUSES TO LAUNCH WITHOUT ME UNPLUGGING MY KEYBOARD MOUSE HEADSET AND GAMEPAD ANY MORE. I MISS YOU DARK SOULS PLEASE BABY COME BACK YOURE BETTER THAN THIS 7/10 IM STUCK WITH NOW
>>
>>323681880
I don't get it.

also dark souls mmo when?
>>
>>323683030
>hating tomb of giants and crystal cave
shit taste duse sanpei
>>
>>323683030
>tomb of giants is shit
>crystal caves is shit

I thought they were fine. What's your problem with it.
>>
>>323682926
>Only BoC is bad

The entirety of Lost Izalith is the worst in area I. The entire series.

>Fight these dragon lava things 10 times to succeed

Absolutely tedious.
>>
>>323682926
I really gotta chuckle whenever someone claims Duke's Archive is a good area. The library is full of color swapped basic hollows, and the crystal cave is full of randomly thrown golems, the only interesting area was the cell room. and the room where you first fight Seath.
>>
File: dan.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dan.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>323683113
>>323682465
The dead zone on a controller is a small area around an analog stick's centre position in which the stick will not send any information to the console. It's kind of hard to explain, so I'll try to give an example of practical use.

Imagine you are playing a difficult platforming game. Your goal is to walk across a very narrow plank from left to right across the screen. You hold right on the analog stick- but you also bump the stick a little bit upwards as well. Because of the dead zone, small values for movement in any direction will be disregarded. Because of this, the small upwards movement is disregarded and your character runs straight to the right.

Generally it's used to make it easier to control things. Too small a dead zone and things feel twitchy, too high a dead zone and things feel unresponsive.

Hope that helped. :-)
>>
>>323683085
The DLCs from 2 suffer from very big issues too

Sunken is literally "I have infinite poise!" Enemies
Iron is "Every room is an ambush!!"
Ivory is "We really didn't know when to stop putting enemies in rooms, so we just added more of them AND GOLEMS"

Also, you have to do Ivory twice, which bothers me greatly, and the optional areas in each DLC (Iron Passage, Frozen Outskirts) are nothing short of bullshit
>>
>>323678380
I only played SotFS, so I don't know the original experience of the game.

>Equip burden needing its own stat instead of just Endurance

>Needing to upgrade Adaptability o be able to dodge roll properly

>The path to some bosses, at least with SotFS, can be incredibly frustrating because of a billion enemies swarming you

>Bosses that have a ton of little minions with them. It got really old, especially since there over 5 or so bosses that do this.

>The first time I ever had to use a guide in a souls game. I spent hours trying to figure out how to enter Castle Drangleic, so I finally gave up. How are you supposed to know that you have to kill enemies in front of the door?

>Two words: Iron Passage. What the fuck were they thinking with this dlc? The whole Brume Tower was brutal enough and then they throw in this piece of shit. Not fun at all.

Other than that, the game isn't that bad. I really like the way the armors and weapons look,
>>
>>323678910
The combat is a million times better than DaS1.

Did I just reply to bait?
>>
>>323683195
>>323683180
Tomb of Giants should be awesome and grandiose, it's a literal tomb of giants, but you can't see the entire first half of the level. Crystal Cave is kind of original with the actual invisibile platforms, but it's more gimmicky than interesting.

Compare that to something like Darkroot Garden or Blighttown (despite its horrible FPS) and it's clear why it's worse.
>>
>>323683180
>>323683195
Cystal caves are shit, but it's only a very short section. TotGs is alright, but kinda stupid. It basically serves as a route to Nito and nothing else. Also:

>Giant crab skelingtons

2spooky.
>>
>>323683440
>>The first time I ever had to use a guide in a souls game. I spent hours trying to figure out how to enter Castle Drangleic, so I finally gave up. How are you supposed to know that you have to kill enemies in front of the door?
Don't give me that shit

You have literally infinite number of enemies, and one of them is ALWAYS in front of the statue, and ALWAYS feeds it its soul.

It couldn't be more obvious dude
>>
>>323683468
it should be better in theory, but it just isn't. It feels like molasses shit.
>>
>>323683268
Just seems like nitpicking desu. Just because you suck at moving your character doesn't mean every one else does.


Only thing DS should include is a walk speed toggle function.
>>
>>323683268
Wow and just like that I don't give a single fuck. I feel bad for saying that, but it is true.
>>
>>323683258
>golems placed at the end of each path to try and screw you over, not just randomly placed
>crystal hollows have more health and poise and deal more damage
>archers everywhere so you're always on the move
>level also had wizards, snakes, and squid monsters
>tons of secrets you could miss

I honestly thought it was great.
>>
>>323683637
>>323683628
are you guys defending ds2's shit controls?
>>
File: 1445298001344.jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445298001344.jpg
8 KB, 257x196
>>323683440
>he needed to upgrade adaptability to dodge roll properly
>can't deal with a billion enemies swarming him
>can't deal with Bosses with minions.
>can't deal with the dlc
>too hard

Sounds like this isn't your type of game. Maybe play some Kirby?
>>
>>323683560
Not him but there was a bug outside dragliec castle where the souls wouldn't go in the statues. This was probably patched out by the time SotFS was released, but I had that issue in the standard game.
>>
>>323683440
What other bosses besides Freja, Elana and Rat Vanguard have adds? Skeleton Kings and Rat Authority are a bunch of weak enemies that share the same HP pool like some Castlevania bosses.
DaS1 wasn't without mob bosses either.
>>
>>323683728

You mean DS's controls that were reworked to be "slightly" faster? Then yeah.

It's the same fucking control scheme. That's not an opinion, you invalid.
>>
>>323683728
I didn't think they were shit. I played through the game just fine with no conflict as to how the analog stick moved the character.
>>
>>323683909
DS2 is slower though
>>
>>323683881
>DaS1 wasn't without mob bosses either.
Besides Nito, I'm struggling to think of one. Are the 4 kings a mob boss?
>>
>>323684054
It definitely isn't though.
>>
>>323684060
Capra Demon?
>>
>>323683873
Weird, I played both versions and I never got that bug.

Oh well
>>
>>323684054

The dodge rolling is due to adaptability but the rest is rather samey.

And if you're butthurt about katanas being slow, then good, be butthurt. They were nerfed. They needed to be.
>>
>>323684060
Bloodborne is the biggest offender of mob bosses.

>That Miyazaki touch

I'm dreading DaS3.
>>
>>323684203
Well it was there. There was quite a bit of botching about itnon the internet, even on /v/. You had to be in just the right place for it happen. Broken code.
>>
>>323684284
>dreading a videogame
>that he can optionally purchase

Then don't buy it. Some of us want a fast-paced souls game. It looks fun as fuck.
>>
>>323684284
>Rom
>Witches of Hemwick
These are the only two I can come up with. Micolash definitely doesn't qualify as a mob boss.
>>
the problem with bloodborne isnt the environment, it;s the lighting. since Bloodborne uses a global lighting system that determines the time of day, it means that every area has the exact same lighting, resulting in ever area having the exact same colors, leading to every area looking the same.
>>
>>323684450
This just straight up isn't true. The Cathedral Ward and Central Yarnham take place at the same time and look very, very different. Don't shitpost about games you haven't played.
>>
File: 1423713852308.png (102 KB, 685x525) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423713852308.png
102 KB, 685x525
>Playing DS2 again
>Try twinblades since I heard they were buffed and fixed
>mfw
god, that R2 tracking with the follow up and the multi hit R1s, good shit.
>>
>>323681161
I think you misremember stuff. /v/ was pretty split on Dark Souls 2, with (I think) a slight bias towards it being bad/disappointing. Then Matthew released his critique, which manifested the negative opinion many people had, and was then posted here and there in arguments, which then made the people who liked DaS2 say "You only dislike it because Matthewmatosis said so." or "You are just aping his arguments."
Some people even said, funnily enough, that Matthew was just aping /v/'s opinion to get popular, even though he was rather popular here beforehand, and before his vid there were many people on /v/ liking the game (who are still here but are less vocal than during release.)
>>
>>323684441
How is Rom any different from Feyja? Except Frejya isnt stupid and actually fun to fight. Hey both have the same stupid spiders.
>>
It's too hard for a lot of modern /v/.
>>
>>323684582
They're not different, but DS2 is a worse offender as far as Mob boses. That's my only point.
>>
>>323684582
You can trivialize the Freja fight with a torch in SotFS, and Freja doesn't have an AoE like Rom does, it can barely hit you as it is.
>>
File: 1444679243282.jpg (24 KB, 375x305) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444679243282.jpg
24 KB, 375x305
>>323684561

Matthewmatosis can eat a dick. Fuck his pretentious reviews.

He focuses too much on the little detail design of shit without stepping back to enjoy a game at face value.

DSII is a fun ride. It's not as deep or atmospheric as DS was, but there's a shit ton to do and it's fun to do it.
>>
>>323684697
And these mob bosses are? You have Freyja, Looking Glass Knight, and who else? I suppose you can include Lost Sinner if you're playing NG+.
>>
File: 1422586428862.png (68 KB, 1163x431) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422586428862.png
68 KB, 1163x431
>tfw you enjoyed all Souls games
>tfw DS3 is shaping up to be great
Not even Zeldafags get this bent out of shape over different titles.
>>
>>323684925

Both rat bosses and the red DLC bitch, whatever her name was.
>>
>>323684538
>The Cathedral Ward and Central Yarnham take place at the same time and look very, very different.
no, they don't.

Cathedral ward is actually a bit further in the day than Central yharnam. Gascoign is the trigger. the time of day actually does change when you beat him.

that said, it's more a problem at night. everything gets washed in the same hues of blue. Look at DaS1. regardless of the inconsistent time of day- one area is blues and greens. another is puke greens and browns. another area is reds and yellows. etc etc. this is all determined by the lighting. much like changing the lighting in DaS2 can lead to some weird shit like daytime bastille and Copse, and it completely changes how they feel.

ive played every souls game sans DeS, and while I liked Bloodborne, (I like all the souls games) I cans ee why people have a problem with the look of the game. I dont think the time of day system they used was for the better. it's neat, but it makes for many areas having similar lighting and therefore having a similar feel. I worry about DaS3 using the same system, since I see everything covered ina piss filter in the NT, compared to the original screens (and some of the videos) that showcase some different colors and time of day.
>>
>>323684925
Rat Vanguard.
>>
>>323684748
Of you didn't play DaS2 pre-patch (Pre nerf of Shrine of Amana) you didn't play the game.
>>
>>323678380
>Faster, more precise gameplay mechanics
no
it has the most content, but it has the worst gameplay
>>
>>323684561
>>323684819
Matthewmatosis' DaS2 review was shit to begin with. he nitpicked the shit out of everything while ignoring many things that even DaS1 also had. his review is literally no different than faggots on /v/ going "it's different so it's shit!"
>>
>>323684819
I don't think paying attention to detail is the same as being pretentious.

Also, he nitpicks even games he does enjoy.
>>
>>323684925
>>323685031
LGK and Elana hardly count as mob bosses, since they summon during the fight and don't start with them. You can stop LGK from summoning if you hit him with enough poise damage.
>>
>>323685064
>Gascoign is the trigger. the time of day actually does change when you beat him.
No it doesn't.

There's 3 times. Evening, night, and blood moon. The first is how the game starts, the second is triggered when you kill Amelia and the third is triggered when you kill Rom.

Not a single thing you've listed there is correct. The color palette in places like the Asylum in the Hunter's dream is very different from the Nightmare of Mensis, which is very different from Yahargul, which is very different from Castle Cainhurst.

Your opinions are pants on head retarded.
>>
>>323685078
>Rat Vanguard
>Boss

Yeah you get a soul for it, but not really though.
>>
>>323684925
Belfry gargoyles, Skeleton Lords, Chariot, Royal rat authority, Prowling magus and congregation, Royal rat vanguard, dual Dragonriders, Throne defender and watcher, Elana, Burnt Ivory king (depending on knights recruited)
>>
File: 1450580933187.gif (50 KB, 586x475) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450580933187.gif
50 KB, 586x475
>>323685359
>Dragonrider bros and Throne knights are mob bosses
>>
here's what happened

>Dark Souls 2 is announced
>Oh I love Dark Sou- hold on a tick "the B team"?
>(faint whispers of "B Team?" are heard from the crowd)
>THE B TEAM? ALL HOPE IS LOST THE B TEAM! THE B TEAM!
>>
>>323685359
You don't know what a mob boss is. Be quiet.
>>
>>323685473
>>323685517
>Looking Glass Knight is a mob boss because it summons one fairly weak enemy occasionally
>Two bosses at once isn't
okay
>>
>>323685490
B-team id literally a term invented by /v/. Many of people who worked on DeS and DaS also worked on DaS2.
>>
>>323685490
no what happened is I gave them the benefit of the doubt like I did when I was iffy on DaS1 after I played DeS. but this time they failed me. the game is soul-less.it's like a chinese knock off.
>>
>>323685626
LGK isn't a mob boss either.
>>
>>323678380
Dark Souls 2 is by far the worst looking one.

Shittiest level and enemy design. It doesn't matter if its diverse. There is no continuity in the world so it doesn't make any logical sense.

>Faster more precise gameplay mechanics
Ruined by forced ADP and most weapon types being way better then others

>Best DLC
Arguable when half of it is gimmick fights, ganksquads and refights.

Dark Souls 2 is by far the worst one. Having a lot of content doesn't make up for its horrendous world and bad mechanics. Even forgiving the Kawaii-uguuu character designs everything in it looks like shit. The lighting, the environments, it all looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>323685626
Is O&S a mob boss?
>>
>>323685316
it only applies to areas in the main interconnected Yharnam.

Central Yharnam, Cathedral Ward, Forbidden Woods, Bergynwerth, Hemwick.

those in particular, actually. Old yharnam seems to manage to avoid that, since it has a lot of it's own lighting in the way of lamps and bonfires and stuff like that. but for example, upon entering it, pre amelia, it has the same exact colors as entering hemwick. the same yellows and dusky reds. it's lower old yharnam that manages to stand out thanks to it's use of other lighting to set the tone and differentiate.

of fucking course hunter's dream and say, mensis, are going to look different. they dont conform to the daytime cycle the main areas use. and that makes them stand out. Hunter's Dream, Cainhurst, the 2 Nightmare Areas and the Lecture Hall, all follow their own specific lighting, which makes them far more unique to look at when they aren't draped in the same global lighting. because that's what it is, global lighting. one type of lighting for all areas. afternoon, dusk, nighttime, and blood moon.

also Gascoigne DOES change the time of day. it's subtle, but it's there. Who didn't play the game again?
>>
File: teams.png (27 KB, 1003x797) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
teams.png
27 KB, 1003x797
>>323685686
>>323685490
>>
>>323685742
There's no continuity in DeS either.
>>
File: teams.jpg (634 KB, 1920x3645) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
teams.jpg
634 KB, 1920x3645
>>323685875
>>323685686
>>323685490
oops
>>
File: 1443433807497.jpg (52 KB, 538x586) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443433807497.jpg
52 KB, 538x586
>>323685490
here's what happened

>Dark Souls 2 is announced, hype hype hype
>Oh man this network test aww yeah it's gonna be so good guyz
>PS3 preorders intensify because nobody wants to wait a month for PC to release
>Oh wow this isn't as great as it looked at all, s-surely it will be better when the pc version comes out?
>It wasn't
>FUCKING B TEAM
And then santiers forever after.
>>
>>323685875
So 10 out of the 12 people who worked on DaS also worked on DaS2? This picture is kinda stupid.
>>
>>323685352
If we're going to exclude easy fights as bosses, then Dark Souls 2 doesn't have a whole lot of bosses does it?
>>
https://youtu.be/C-LgsWKWfGE
>>
It's not as bad as /v/ makes it out to be. It's still pretty much fucking identical to Dark Souls 1 and anyone who liked that will at least enjoy 2 unless they are lying or retarded.

Granted it's not better. Mostly down to the shitty level design and annoying enemies.
>>
>>323685858
Gascoigne doesn't change the time. The only reason you think it does is because you watched the Super Best Friends Play Bloodborne walkthrough, and they got that wrong.
Hemwick and Forbidden Woods both have a mostly green palette. Cathedral ward has a pristine white and blue. Central Yarnham is mostly browns, and Bergenwyrth is a continuation of the wilderness areas.

You're literally just wrong. Yahargul looks nothing like Central Yarnham, even when Central Yarnham is going through the blood moon phase.

Play the games before you shitpost faggot.
>>
>>323686030
So many of the people who worked on DeS and DaS also worked on DaS2? Thanks, retard.
>>
>>323678380
>still has the same system where you have to roll2win
Demon's Souls was enough.
>>
>>323678380
Holy fuck this bait
Please don't tell me you actually think like that. You can't be so low on standards anon
>>
>>323686217
why are you calling me a retard? nice assumptions. all I did was post an image.
>>
>>323685901
Demon's Souls is level based and not open world.

For all you know the island in Shrine of Storms is on the other side of the world of Boletaria Palace.

There is continuity within the set levels themselves.

Theres a distinct difference between having an open world that lacks cohesion and a series of isolated levels.

Earthen Peak is the biggest offender. going up an elevator in an area that has no mountains into a fucking giant castle thats sinking into lava is one of the most fucking retarded things I've seen.

But it doesn't matter because
>le flow of time is convoluted :^)
>>
>>323686108
You'd have to exclude DeS and DaS as well if you're gonna say that. The only hard as balls balls bosses exist in Bloodborne.
>>
>>323686395
>BUT IT'S NOT OPEN WORLD , IT'S LEVEL BASED

Literally no continuity.
>>
>>323685795
It is a dual boss, but considering Dark Souls is best designed for 1v1 combat, the distinction between 2v1 and 3,4,5v1 seems trivial.
>>
>>323686425
Dark Souls 2 has easily the most bullshit bosses with Vendrick and Ancient Dragon being easy as pie but if you fuck up you get OTKO
>>
>>323686508
>, IT'S LEVEL BASED
>Literally no continuity.

There is continuity. 2-1 flows into 2-2 seamlessly which flows into 2-3.
>>
>>323686395
>Demon's Souls is level based and not open world.
I actually prefer that. I'm not the anon you're talking to but I definitely liked the feeling of being inside a completely different world.
>>
>>323686508
Not him, but why does that matter in the slightest?

DaS2 needs continuity because it's open world. DeS doesn't because it's non-linear level based. Not sure what you are getting at here.
>>
>>323686395
It's a game, nerd. There's no continuity in plenty of games, that doesn't make them bad.

>Crash Bandicoots islands don't make any sense when you consider the levels which are supposedly based within them
>FUCKING SHIT GAME 0/10
>>
>>323686825
Open world games should have some continuity. You shouldn't be moving from the abyssal plain into a medieval town without something to buffer it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1024x1152) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1024x1152
>>323686203
>Hemwick and Forbidden Woods both have a mostly green palette
u w0t
>Cathedral ward has a pristine white and blue
nigga what no it doesnt
>Central Yarnham is mostly browns
not after it becomes nighttime it isnt

>Yahargul looks nothing like Central Yarnham, even when Central Yarnham is going through the blood moon phase.
yes, it does. they both have the same day-ish lighting because of the red moon lighting.

compare this shit. the workshop and yahar ghul.

they both seem to be lit pretty similarly to me, I dont know maybe im just blind
>>
>>323686825
Dark Souls succeeded in having a cohesive world despite there being tons of crazy shit in it.

The problem with Dark Souls 2 is that it just doesn't make any fucking sense. I can suspend my disbelief for certain things, but Dark Souls 2 just has a bad and boring world.
>>
>>323686935
Why? If it's better for the game why not do that? Would you rather:

>Drive off into the middle of nowhere
>I'm now literally in the middle of nowhere

Yeah, it has continuity, but that doesn't make it more fun.
>>
>>323686998
>sunny day with fairly clear skies
>walk through a small tunnel
>suddenly it's night and raining
>walk back trough tunnel
>clear skies again
>>
I really don't like dark souls 2s gameplay, bosses, music and Npcs but the world and lore are top tier
Overall it's a better game than bb and has a better fanbase
>>
>>323686951
They look that way because the screenshot you took literally has the fucking blood moon front and center you stupid faggot. Stop watching Let's Plays and play the goddamn games.
>>
>>323686203
>hemwick
>green

looks more yellow reddish to me

>forest
>green
it's literally greyer than vanilla DaS2. doesnt help that the chromashift makes it muddy as well
>>
I can agree that it being bad is quite the meme around these boards, but comparing the whole package, Dark souls 1 will always be better.

Thing is, people have mixed feelings about the 2nd one and I find myself in that bunch too.

It's not bad, but some choices they made were really weird and some were damn amazing.

I enjoy the 60fps, I enjoy the new animations and even simple things like being able to consume multiple souls at the same time, but this doesn't excuse the empty feeling you get from the rest of the game.

Also, there is no way that the DLC was made after the release, that's just bullshit. It's just too well made and I can honestly say that it's the best souls dlc and one of the best dlcs in gaming.

But even the DLC has good and bad moments, the 2nd one is filled with these.
>>
As a player of all the games including bloodborne. Ds2 and scholar are the worst in this series, but they are still great games.

The rest are just better.
>>
File: tony.jpg (88 KB, 438x503) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tony.jpg
88 KB, 438x503
>>323687270
>better game
>better fanbase
>>
>>323679161
souls faggots are the easiest to bait since most of them are having a inferiority complex
>>
>>323687332
It's a mix of piss sunbathed yellow and dank green.
>>
>>323687332
Everything except the person that is literally drenched in blood is a pale green there

Look at pic related, greens and browns. There heavily darkened but that makes sense considering Bloodborne has primarily a horror game aesthetic
>>
>>323687332
hemwick depends on what time of day you go
>>
>>323687297
>get btfo
>s-stop!
>y-you haven't played the game! ;_;

nigga i will timestamp right now. stop trying to shield it from criticism just because it's the PS4's only worthwhile ame
>>
>>323678380
>removed soul memory
That's it, that's all you needed to have done.

It's going to be rushed, rehashed shit.
>>
>>323687752
>Remove soul memory
>Literally enabling shitters to be shitters

Cancer.
>>
>>323687402

BBs story is what kills it for me
It's so shit and overall feels like an afterthought
>>
>>323687656
>Take images with a giant glowing orb of red in the center
>s-s-see! the entire game is just red

You're literally too stupid for words, and you clearly haven't played the game, otherwise you wouldn't be parroting false shit said by Let's Players.
You should end yourself.
>>
>>323687924
I liked it. Especially after the DLC. Ludwig is the best fight ever.
>>
>>323687924
What, you don't like nonsensical ayyliums and bullshit dream garbage?
>>
>>323688081
>Nonsensical ayyliums
>He wants eldritch abominations to make sense

It's not the game's fault you're a faggot.
>>
>>323688078

Explain the point in moon presence
Explain why the hunter doesn't care about the cure
Explain why gehrman wants to kill the hunter
>>
>>323688185
It's not my fault he story is fucking dumb. Bloodborne would have been better if it was just some fantasy Universe where you fight monsters. But no, the Japs always have to spin some absolute garbage onto EVERYTHING.

Miyazki is either a genius or a massive hack, because he couldn't even explain his own games.
>>
File: DSCF4192.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSCF4192.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>323687934
>it somehow doesnt count when it's part of the lighting and visual design

get fucked sony shill.
>>
>>323683468

Well, that's honestly not saying much. DeS and BB have a stranglehold on the series for combat, while DkS1/2 lag so far behind it's hard to imagine they were developed by the same company.
>>
>>323688429
The Moon Presence is here to fuck up other Great Ones
I haven't finished the DLC, but in the game proper there isn't any mention of a cure. People are being undone by the blood, there's no easy fix for that.
Gehrman wants to kill the hunter because his job is done. The Moon presence has no need for you after killing Mergo's Wet Nurse, and so neither does Gehrman. These aren't hard things to pick up.
>>
>>323688479
>I dont like thing
>ITS FUCKING GARBAGE

Okay anon, okay.
>>
I don't hate it. But DaS1 and BloodBorne are better
>>
>>323688729
Well, yeah, isn't that how opinions work?
>>
>>323688593
>I own the game so I must've beat it

Sure thing faggot, considering you think Gascoigne changes the time of day, I'm gonna assume you're one of those fags that couldn't beat him and decided to bitch on /v/. And there's a difference between lighting and literally shoving the exact same source of color in the middle of each screenshot.
>>
File: Titchy Gren.png (234 KB, 262x490) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Titchy Gren.png
234 KB, 262x490
Is there a better Covenant Leader?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWsL76fjIQs
>>
>>323688836
>He's on /v/
>He owns Bloodborne
>He's in a Dark Souls thread by choice

I think it's a safe bet he's beaten it.
>>
>>323688479
>Bloodborne would have been better if it was just some fantasy Universe where you fight monsters.

Jesus fuck, you seriously want a generic high fantasy game when we finally got a fucking GOOD cosmic horror game? How much of a faggot can you be. High fantasy, and even dark fantasy are generic as fuck. Cosmic Horror is criminally underutilized in a serious way.
>>
>>323680792
>would rather have more game than a better, more memorable game

what's the point
>>
>>323688946
Christ could that voice acting be any more monotone.
>>
>>323689028
He's shitposting about Bloodborne in a Dark Souls thread. Sounds to me like he's just looking for an excuse to get out that butthurt.
>>
>>323678380
>best dlc
Sorry anon that's not BB

Although I agree with you that dark souls 2 can way more hate than it deserves it was a brilliant game just seems to lack a little with atmosphere and had samey bosses.
Irony crown was so much fun.
>>
>>323688836
that doesnt somehow make it less valid. the fact that both areas have the exact same lighting, and the exact same skybox makes them look the same.

but you just keep moving the goalposts because whenever your argument is broken, "i-it doesnt count!"

>>323689196
youre the only one here shitposting friend, considering you are hellbent on proving me wrong on my opinion in criticism of the game.
>>
>>323689073
>Cosmic horror

Fucking stop. Just stop. The game is literally "It's a dream": The game. Nothing has to make sense when you can explain it away by saying LOL IT'S JUST A DREAM BRO.
>>
>>323678380
I completely agree with you.
>>
>>323689371
its not a dream though. there's a differenc ebetween something taking place in a dremscape, a dream realm, and literally never having happened. because it's clear by the end of the game, that it does all actually happen.
>>
>>323689173
It works for him, though. He sounds genuine deranged when he does that breathy voice.
>>
>>323689371
You don't know what Cosmic Horror is do you? Dreams as a valid plane of existence is literally one of the defining characteristics. Read a goddamn book nigger.
>>
>>323679276
Old Hunters is the best piece of souls with ever been given anyone who disagrees is fucked.
>>
>>323689365
>Post a pic looking directly at the red moon
>LOOK AT HOW RED IT IS, ITS SO RED

You're still retarded desu senpai.
>>
>>323689371
Really? That's the fucking card you are going to pull?
>>
>>323688479

>Fighting the same shitty boring dragons and 2big4u sword guys.
>>
>>323689515
I liked it. but I thought AotA and 3 Crowns was just as good.

Souls Expansions are always great. because they dont have the same deadlines and problems the main game has, and are mostly comprised of stuff that didnt make it into the base game, therefore, it isnt all from scratch, but has solid foundations in the main game, like the crest of Artorias, or the Rebel's Greatshield, or Ludwig's silver blade
>>
>>323689371
You seriously havent played it or are just shitposting for kicks.

everything that happens within the game actually happens, there is no just-a-dream moments in it.
>>
>>323689602
if I look up in DeS/DaS/DaS2, i wont see the same exact skybox all across the game.
>>
>>323689515
You know what the DLC needed more off.

The enemy infighting from the first section.

I was so fucking hyped the first time I went into the DLC. Was like a fucking war was going on
>>
>>323689682
those dragons and big sword guys tend to be the best parts of souls games, considering the two favorite bosses from DaS are Artorias, and Ornstein&Smough
>>
File: The Old One.jpg (1 MB, 2386x944) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The Old One.jpg
1 MB, 2386x944
To think these games started with a cult classic in the nogaems. We've come a long way from those days of trolling people with the Scrapping Spear, crying about Flamefucker and Maneaters, and Pure Bladestone farming.
Where does the time go?
>>
>>323689073

>Cosmic Horror is criminally underutilized in a serious way.

this is true, but it doesnt really excuse the same-iness of BB. it's obviously all subjective but i lost interest around nightmare of mensis whereas i loved DaS1/DaS2 and have finished them multiple times. the lack of build/weapon/armor variety played a role for me too. BB was still a fun game though relative to other modern games so i'm not trying to bash it as a game in and of itself.
>>
>>323689371
You're right, you are in a dream,

but it's not your dream
>>
>BB fanbase will jsut pull the 'You never played it' card to every single critism of the game

I'm like 2 trophies from platinum and feel i can give the opinion that it just isn't a good game. The aggressive gameplay isn't real it just bobbing in and out spamming vials
And who the fuck though making basically all the bosses unparryable was a good idea
>>
>>323689835
>DeS
>comparing a game with levels to a game with connected worlds.

You won't see the same Skybox in the nightmares either, which despite you implying don't exist make up a big part of the end of the game. And the skybox for every area that isn't Darkroot Basin or Anor Londo will be exactly the same, if anything the lighting is far flatter in Dark Souls.
>>
>>323688479
>It's not my fault he story is fucking dumb.
agree the story is fucking dumb
you know what other thing have a fucking dumb story?
every existing fucking game ever
>>
I swear I see this exact same thread every day. Why is the souls fanbase so autistic?
>>
>>323689904
Yes this so much. It caught me off guard when I first spawned into it. I guess lore wise you could say there wasn't anymore need for it but it was such a good addition. I really hope they have more of it in Das3
>>
>>323689982

Maneaters where never that bad
f-f-f-fucking 4-2
>>
>>323689371

I don't really want exert effort l to tell you why you're retarded... But if you think "it's all a dream", when like the first dialogue from the first NPC is " whatever happens... You may think of it all as bad dream", then you're beyond help.
>>
>>323690026
Most of the bosses in DeS are unparryable. with the exception of the Old Monk and Garl Vinland. Parrying should not be your go to tech, it's a crutch.
>>
>>323689721
I'm also talking about the fact the old hunters expanded the game and made BB better as a whole adding much needed items and improving the overall pacing of the game. Don't get me wrong 3 crowns and AotA were amazing but they didn't lift the game as much as OH did for BB.
>>
>>323690026
I'm pretty sure most bosse in DeS and DaS were unparryable too.
>>
>>323689835
Not that guy but Cainhurst Castle and the Nightmares don't share the same skybox. You can only see the Red Moon from the Yharnam area and Yarhargul, The Giant Moon stays in Byrgenwerth all of the game.
>>
>>323690129
>>323689904
The set up to the two hunters opening the gate was just so fucking perfect for me

I saw the item to the right so went to pick it up, didn't noticed they were opening the door
When I heard the roar I looked up seeing the two run in. From where I was I couldn't see what was in there, all I saw was the two bodies flying back out and down the stairs.

One of the hypest moments I had in the game
>>
>>323690026
If your spamming vials your not playing right.
>>
File: 1451728076398.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451728076398.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>>323687332
>that blurry fuck
>chromatic aberration
>grey grey grey
>>
>>323690347
I still like like AotA better, if only because AotA added a worthwile endgame content that DaS1 was missing.
>>
>>323690217

Are you implying the parry in DeS has the same amount of relevance as the parry in BB where basically the whole point in your LH weapon is for parries
>>
>>323690427
N-no you could totally parry Smough and Asylum Demon
>>
>>323690449
>Cainhurst Castle and the Nightmares
noone ever said they did. they are disconnected from the main game world
>>
>>323690615
Yeah, i remember that you could also could parry Artorias and Manus.
>>
>>323690594
Most beast bosses have a weak point you can hit to knock them down, some have it to high for close range so a pistol can do it
>>
>>323690026
>All the bosses are unparryable
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>323690469

Well i'm sorry for not watching lets plays or following a guide for every area and boss in my first playthrough
>>
>>323678380
The story is gash mate, I know the beuty of these games are that you can see as much or as little of the lore and story as you like but it wasnt deliver as well on this one in my opinion. Also it triggered my autism that the areas were not connected logically (example getting an elevator up from the manor to be at dragons orgy grounds) and many others. I get they wanted to hide loading screens but it wasnt done correctly i mean on 1 everything was conected and made sense you went down the stairs to the catacombs and up to the town and so on, you could see a castle or a path miles away and think yea im gonna get there eventually. On 2? Nope you see lots of ruins and giant budda looking statues and temples but dont exist.
Fuxk i think i caught the nostalgia...
>>
>>323690528
I guess with the whole drop off after the lord vessel everything in AotA was perfect. It's been a long time since I've replayed it so it's not as fresh in my memory.
>>
>>323690521
PS4 screenshot function is shit, all the photos come out like that.
>>
>>323690681
Forbidden Woods and Hemwick are not disconnected and they are just regular night thorough the game.
>>
>>323690594
>where basically the whole point in your LH weapon is for parries

There are a lot of reasons to use your gun besides parrying, most bosses for example have a weak point that you can hit a couple of times for a visceral.
>>
>>323690828
Holy shit is this a joke?
>>
>>323690945
hemwick is daytime if you visit it before beating amelia.
forbidden woods is only nighttime because you can only visit it after amelia
>>
>>323690815

But anon, they are unparryable. Except for Logarius, Pthumerian Descendant, Pthumerian Elder, Maria, Orphan, Gehrman, Shadows, Watchers, Living Failures, Yharnam Queen, Bloodstarved Beast, Micolash, etc.
>>
I started with Demons Souls and I loved SotFS. It's not perfect but a lot of you peoples opinions are way too black and white.
>>
File: 1389065480166.jpg (19 KB, 251x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389065480166.jpg
19 KB, 251x240
>>323689497
>Dreans are a valid plane of existence
>>
>>323690983

>""""""Most Bosses"''"""" ™
>Amygdala, Ebrietas, Ludwig.
>>
>>323690026
Bosses that can be parried
Gascoigne
Blood Starved Beast
Logarius
The Shadows
Micolash
Gerhman
Living Failers
Maria
Orphan of Kos

Bosses with a weak point to know them down
Cleric Beast/laurence
Amelia
Amygdala
DarkBeast Parrl
One Reborn

I may of missed some but yeah. All bosses for sure
>>
>>323690890
Technically, you can get that "I was there but now I'm here" effect, in some areas, but it's really noticeable in Brume Tower and Shulva.. I think it was explained before, but Lordan and Yharnam are vertical in nature, while Boletaria and Drangleic are spread out, so it's hard to keep that effect thorough the game. I won't argue about some of the bizarre area transitions though.
>>
>>323691573
Yes, and?
>>
>>323691617
>Only lists 3

If you are just going to bullshit it should have said just Amygdala,
>>
I think each shitty chalice dungeon was better than most levels in the main game of DS2.
>>
>>323689602
Tbf senpai the moon in Bloodborne looks like a low resolution jpeg pasted onto the skybox.
>>
>This one faggot trying to prove the lighting in Bloodborne is bad by comparing different areas at the same time.

The entire reason the game moves through a night cycle is so the lighting changes in different areas. If you're comparing Yahargul and Yharnam during the blood moon then you're doing it wrong.

In BB you have
Daytime
Evening
Nighttime
Blood Moon
Nightmare of Mensis
Nightmare Frontier
Byrgenwerth lecture hall
Castle Cainhurst
The Hospital
and the Fishing town

All of which have different lighting.
And the first four all interact with different areas differently. Lighting in Bloodborne might not've been as explicitly different as it is in Dark Souls, but Dark Souls is a fantasy game and BB is horror. They shouldn't look the same.
>>
>>323691618
Beast Possessed Soul, Keeper of the Old Lords and the Watchers can also be parried.
>>
File: 1388345630843.jpg (27 KB, 300x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388345630843.jpg
27 KB, 300x192
>>323691660
Nothing.
>>
>>323691965
Why are you even here
>>
>i-frame abuse
>good combat

Pick one
>>
>>323691829

No it wasn't
>>
>>323691889
>In bloodborne you have nighttime, and a slightly different colour nighttime

Fixed.
>>
>>323692048
To shitpost.
>>
>>323692095
Then no souls games have good combat?
>>
>>323692183
The blood moon looks more like Daytime than Nighttime.
>>
File: 1332472885887.png (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1332472885887.png
12 KB, 300x300
Personally coming from Dark Souls 1, and after trying some Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 felt wonky to me. Maybe I just need to try it more.
>>
>>323692291
Well no shit.
>>
>>323678380
>more precise gameplay

fucking lol
>>
>>323691573
It's a fiction convention. Are you gonna complain that dragons shouldn't be in Dark Souls because dragons aren't real?
>>
File: meme souls.png (2 MB, 1400x1053) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
meme souls.png
2 MB, 1400x1053
>>
>>323692486
Based Giantdad.
>>
>>323678380
>Why does /v/ hate this game?
Fanboys and contrarian assbuckets
>>
>>323692686
Liking the game would be contrarian.
>>
BB is by far the easiest game of the 4
>>
File: 1452462344926.png (435 KB, 570x430) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452462344926.png
435 KB, 570x430
>>323678380
It's not that I hate it, I'm just not interested in FROM garbage.

Maybe if they'll actually make a good mech game.
>>
>>323692749
Not really no. Most people liked DaS2. The reviews that surrounded it generally support this. Most liked it, but didn't prefer it to DaS1/DeS or whatever else.
>>
>>323692904

They already made the best mech game

CHROMEHOUNDS
>>
>>323692749
It has good scores across the board.
>>
>>323693032
>>323692912
Wow, it did.
Jesus, being on /v/ can really distort your perception of a game.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 266x266) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 266x266
>>323692979
>I loved playing that shit onli-

Oh....
>>
>More diverse environments
Yeah, but they were really bland. It felt like they thought 'hey, shouldn't there be a fire themed level in a fantasy level? Let's throw it in!'. Level design sucked and if you made a slideshow of the locations you'd see a fucking rainbow. Their disparity is based on color.
>Way more armor and build variants
Yeah, you could make a sorcerer with a greatsword, cleric with a greatsword, hexer with a greatsword, dex character with a greatsword, str character with a greatsword... It was all based on similiar weapons.
>Dedicated PvP areas for newbies and veterans alike
That's okay.
>Way bigger with a much more consistent quality throughout
Bullshit, it wasn't bigger and it wasn't more consistent. The other games had content packed in a small space with many ways to find it and Dark Souls 2 is literally running forward and collecting whatever you see. Level design is a fucking joke.
>Faster, more precise gameplay mechanics
Yeah, I loved how you had to waste a shit ton of points in ADP to even have a chance at rolling through anything.
>Best DLC of the entire series
No, it was worse than AotA and TOH in every way except of quantity, but everyone knows that quality > quantity.
>>
File: 1322154149437.png (139 KB, 250x293) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1322154149437.png
139 KB, 250x293
Someone convince me to finish Dark Souls 2. I just can't feel that same spark dark souls had.
>>
>>323693224
It generally does. Lots of people here seem to have intense hatred for games I enjoyed despite the shortcomings. Browsing this place a lot can make you really jaded.
>>
>>323693694
The same is true for every board.
I used to really enjoy Naruto and after browsing /a/ I decided it was literally Satan.

Then I tried re-reading it, and it's not brilliant, but goddamn it's a perfectly fine series.
>>
>>323683440

>Equip burden needing its own stat instead of just Endurance

I like that better than having a single overpowered stat that gives you almost everything you need so you only have to level it most of the times. I mean I don't have a problem with either, I just think DaS2 is more balanced in that regard.
>>
>>323693464

Don't play it if you don't want to

>>323693263

>Faster, more precise gameplay mechanics
>Yeah, I loved how you had to waste a shit ton of points in ADP to even have a chance at rolling through anything.

Bet you love BB
>>
>>323693934
True. Life is too short to hate on things, I'd rather enjoy things for what they can offer, instead of hating them for what they will never be.
>>
>>323693694

over the years when I used to browse /v/ more often, I avoided certain games because of how hated they were here, I eventually got to play them and went in with low expectations and actually ended up having fun with them.
>>
>play SotFS
>Pursuers literally every 10 steps
wow such a great addition thanks from
>tfw can't remember what weapon I liked in the original DaS2
>>
>>323681161
>after the mess the other director made
Can you elaborate on this?
>>
>>323695171

"I have been pursued by Pursuers all my life" - Random Undead
>>
>>323695171
Isn't that what people really wanted from Pursuer?
>>
>>323690521
>le chromatic aberration meme

I feel like half the people spouting this meme don't even know what it means. It's a PS4 screenshot, they're always like that.
>>
>>323695103
Similarly, I went into game paraded here with great expectations and ended up disappointing, it happened recently with EYE cybermancy.
>>
>>323695171
>kill him
>"have one twinkling tit and some souls"
I never felt so underwhelmed when killing a reacurring boss.
>>
>>323695517
Yes. Pursuer finally pursues you and people whined anyways. Proof that DaS2 was victim to irrational idiocy if there ever was any.
>>
>>323696513
do you think maybe it was different people who said they wanted it changed and who said they didn't like the change
>>
Is it worth 7,50 Euros/8,12 Dollars/5,64 Pounds?
>>
>>323697023
No shit dumbfuck. The point is, people will shit on DaS2 no matter what. Because Souls fans on 4chan are fucking morons.
>>
>>323697231
>lots of people play thing
>people often have different opinions
>people who dislike thing express this opinion
yes that is how things work, a sufficiently large population expressing opinions on thing will definitely ensure that there are a great deal of people who dislike thing.
>>
File: blogging.png (101 KB, 552x442) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
blogging.png
101 KB, 552x442
>>323678380
Adaptability is the worst choice they could have made. Even Network Test Resistance, which added a damage threshold that made you immune to mobs when wearing the highest possible defense (a mixture of Faraam and Knight set), would have been better.

In the beginning of the game, you don't have dodge iframes, so you're constantly hit by things that don't look like they should have hit and the player feels upset (see: SHOCKWAVES(23).webm) until they dump all their stats into Adaptability, depriving other skills until they get what they feel like is the bare minimum amount of dodge-frames to make the game playable. Then, when you're done with PvE and move onto PvP, everyone and their mother has 115 Agility and 15 dodge iframes per roll, 2-3 times longer than starting characters, without sacrificing damage only to elemental defense (infused weapons at stat requirements deal as much damage as pure physical weapons with scaling), and this makes PvP Unlimited Kite Works, where people do nothing but attempt to punish the other player for doing anything at all.

Along with poise not worth it and bosses being a chore to fight, it's my least favorite Souls game because it had all the garnered knowledge of what worked and what didn't from DeS and DaS and went against it instead of building from it.

I still play it, though. I'm not going to lie, they did some things right. Pure Caster is fun as fuck, I've been oddly very capable of going far into the game without upgrading any weapons, Broken Straight Sword is a fun weapon because of how creatively it's balanced, among other things, but there's some critical flaws that make it my least favorite.
>>
>>323678380
I like it too. The good far outweighs the bad
>>
Drangleic Castle was far more entertaining than Anal Rodeo.
>>
>Blue covenant broken
>Red covenant completely crippled beyond recognition thanks to lack of orb and retarded levelling method
>>
>>323696513
>Finally pursues you
I wanted him to be like what they wanted Black Knights to be
Wandering around levels randomly, attacking when you least expect it
>>
File: 1433577402368.jpg (112 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433577402368.jpg
112 KB, 1366x768
I play the Souls series for interesting boss/level design. While DS2 is by no means a bad game there's next to nothing interesting about it to me. Most everything in this game felt like a bad retread of something done better in DS or DeS and anything relatively new felt tedious like Shrine of Amana.

Something I liked about DS2 was going into the giant's memories, its probably the stand out moment in the game but it's held back by awful enemies and a repeated boss fight. I'd be hard pressed to talk about the bosses because honestly I have a hard time remembering many of them whereas I could probably name you most every boss in DeS and DS.

I'm no graphics freak by any means (I played OG DS blight town at 10fps for fuck sakes) but the game felt overwhelmingly grey and bland. Adaptability should never have been introduced, new players have a hard enough time with the game try explaining them this pointless stat. The story is entirely forgettable and its the only souls game with 1 ending.

I think the only thing the game excels in is build variety/pvp which really isn't up my alley. I generally play the game without using any magic sword/shield my way through and maybe on a 2nd play through I do a Dex character. Magic always felt like bringing a gun to a knife fight to me so I stay away from it. I don't pvp because the netcode has been garbage since 2009.

The games good in aspects that don't interest and fails in the aspects I do care about, its not the game for me but it probably is for some type of people which is probably why its divisive
>>
>>323678380


>...a much more consistent quality throughout

What? The rest is arguable but that's just plain wrong. Some areas are complete garbage (the poisonous swap and the forest come to mind) while others are great. It's pretty obvious that many areas were rushed.

Dark Souls is much more consistent, not all areas are great but the only obviously rushed area is the demon's ruins.
>>
>>323700835
That's what the Forlorn are. I'm starting to suspect that the invasions are coded to happen most likely when you are human or are carrying lots of souls.
>>
>>323701782
Demon Ruins itself isn't even that bad

Zone doesn't shit itself until you get to Lost Izalith proper
>>
>>323697916

>Broken Straight Sword is a fun weapon because of how creatively it's balanced

I'm not familiar with this, can you elaborate?

I agree with the rest of your post by the way.

>>323702108

The architecture isn't too bad but the copy/pasted Capra and Taurus demons is super lazy. It's not even an interesting challenge. Not to mention the third reskin of the Asylum demon. It's pretty obvious the whole area was rushed. It's too bad because it looks pretty good beyond that.
>>
>>323678380

The game gets hate because it's not a 1:1 copy of it's predecessor.

I literally don't understand how you can like DS but not DS2. It's not like it did anything wildly different. Same gameplay, same mechanics, plus new shit. It has flaws, but so does DS.
>>
>>323702484
The Broken Straight Sword, the one the Warrior class starts with, uses half the stamina of a longsword. This allows you to flail it wildly like a Hollow would. Alternatively...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P1eKThZG-g
>>
>>323703065

That's a fun build. Makes we want to replya the game.
>>
>>323697827
You're retarded as fuck if you think it's normal for a fanbase to whine about something and then whine just as hard when it's addressed. Most fanbases agree about problems and like seeing them addressed. Only garbage fanbases whine vocally no matter what. Souls has a garbage fanbase. .
>>
>>323703942
>a variance of opinions is bad
stop being angry that people have opinions mate, you'll be happier
>>
>>323678468
/thread
>>
>>323704185
>a variance of opinions is bad
I don't care what people think about the change. They're entitled to their opinions. You're not obligated to like the way they changed pursuer. The fact that they whine vocally like a bunch of little babies is what I care about. The fact that half the whining seems to come from a place of ignorance from people who don't even think about it for more than a second is something that upsets me. It's retards who don't even understand the basic idea surrounding the Pursuer who're whining about it. It's not like we have people who go:
>I don't like Pursuer's multiple encounters. I get that he's supposed to feel like a constant threat who is "pursuing" you, but I didn't like it.
Usually it's more like:
>WAAA IT'S NOT FAIR STUPID COPY PASTE DESIGN WHY IS PURSUER ALWAYS SPAWNING ON ME!!
>FUCKING ROMHACK CASHGRAB B-TEAM GARBAGE ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY BIG GUY WITH SWORDS AMIRITE?
>>
so i just began dark souls and killed both black knights at the undead burgh. they both dropped the black knights great sword and sword and i am killing everything now with 1 hit and the gargoyles and caprademon in 5.
did i just break the game?
>>
File: CWMubZBWoAATO8z.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CWMubZBWoAATO8z.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
>>323679276
>Bloodborne looks the same basically fucking everywhere
>I know because I watched some footage from 2014 in Central Yharnham
>>
>>323681684
DaS2's PVP was the ultimate fedora tipping DEXfags *commits sudoku* PVP.

It was a shitfest of horrible balance, completely one sided favoritism of faster weapons thanks to poise being broken as fuck to the degree even a rapier would poise break you above 80 poise, magic shittery, buff stacking trash and the worst fucking phantom lag conceivable.
>>
The collectors edition was only 20 on gamestop so I bought it, hows the statue?
>>
>>323678380
>why does nintendoGaf hate a a game that's for PC, ps4 and xbox one u guis?
I wonder why
>>
>>323707492
>getting dominated by hex katana babbies
lfmao rebel greatshield dude
>>
>>323706907
I've been playing through it recently and that honestly one of my main complaints. There's really only like five environments: Town, Forest, Nightmare Realm, Inside a Church, School.
>>
>>323688593
But the lighting and visual design change dramatically throughout the game as you progress.

>start at dusk, sun seeping through the clouds
>after killing Amelia it becomes night time
>after killing Rom it becomes nightmare
>after killing TOR it becomes blood moon

Everytime it changes, previous areas of the game's atmosphere and lighting change too.

No other Souls games have this.
>>
>>323704792
those weapons lag behind a bit because the resource used to upgrade them is really uncommon. Don't get use to it and upgrade something that uses regular titanite in the meantime.
>>
Isn't complaining about Bloodborne not having "varied locations" a bit like complaining that System Shock 2 happens only on a space station?
>>
>>323708263
desu I can deal with that if the areas are artistically and geometrically well designed.

DaS2 had a lot of varied enviroments, but it felt like someone basically got a checklist of generic fantasy environments they wanted in their game, then slapped a different crayon colour pallet on each one to 'differentiate' them.

This resulted in a real jarring experience when going from one area to the next, nothing felt 'connected' thematically, it was just a clusterfuck of ideas and lots of tiny areas with different art styles crammed together.
>>
I don't get the Belfry Gargoyles, one time I had to fight maybe 5 at once, and I ended up beating them when they were only 4 of them dead, are they tied to a gneeral HP bar ? Pretty shitty boss regardless.

Not to mention they guarded fucking nothing apart from a bonfire, a poor attempt at replicating Capra and Havel's fossil dick.
>>
>>323708895
If you attack them when they're dying you still do damage to the "boss" health bar like with the 4kings.
>>
>>323708895
Don't spread out damage, basically. Each individual gargoyle activates once the HP pool reaches a point. You don't have to worry about fighting more than two if you are savvy.
I think it's a lot more worthy to bother about it in SOTFS since the Dragon Tooth is on the other side and that weapon wrecks shit.
>>
>>323708539
>muh gothic victorian all the time
It's not even accurate.
>>
>>323709083
>>323709125
Yeah I didn't really paid much attention, I found the gargoyles much more manageable below 50% HP as they basically keep a safe distance and are much less aggressive if you can dodge their fire, so I just poked whichever one was running at me before backing off.
>>
>>323709592
Loran was atmospheric as fuck with the sandstorm and bolts sparking. I hope there's a "desert" area in DS3.
>>
>>323709895
>I hope there's a "desert" area in DS3.
I remember one from the trailer, dunno if you're able to get in it but I'd assume so.
Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 42
Thread DB ID: 401781



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.