[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So its cancelled right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 33

File: Metroid_Prime_Federation_Force.png (1MB, 999x500px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Prime_Federation_Force.png
1MB, 999x500px
So its cancelled right?
>>
rebranded into Hunters 2
>>
>>323654365
This probably would've gone over a lot better if they'd announced a new mainline Metroid game for Wii U or something. Instead, they've gotten themselves into a Nuts and Bolts situation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg

Youtube dislikes can kill games now what a time to be alive.
>>
I don't mind Metroid having spinoffs. My problem is that I don't want it to get stuck in a spin-off hell zone. It's been ages since the last good Metroid.
>>
>>323654472
All they had to do was remake 2 with GBA graphics like zero mission, how expensive to make could that be?
>>
>>323654365
I want to say this could be good. But I did the same thing for #FE and got Super Saiyan Marth.

So I don;t know.
>>
3ds needs more online multiplayer games so I'm not complaining
>>
Honestly, people are complaining just because it has 'Metroid' in the title. Otherwise, they would be creaming their pants.
>>
>>323654881
They would probably be entirely indifferent. It looks like a mediocre first person shooter with monster hunter progression and a tacked-on sports game. AKA fucking uninspired bullshit.

The only reason this game got past the idea phase is because they thought they could slap the name "Metroid" on it and it'd sell, because desperate fans. If it was a standalone game with its own title, it'd get no support. Sadly, they made a shitty arrogant move by branding it Metroid and people who actually care about games got mad.
>>
>>323654881
>Otherwise, they would be creaming their pants
Honestly this game looks terrible regardless of what name they give it. Graphics are piss poor even for 3DS standards, stylization is terrible, gameplay is shallow and slow as hell. Fans would be only about half as mad as they are if they got a spin-off that looks good.
>>
>>323654518
It's admirable Nintendo didn't disable ratings or comments. Companies like Square Enix wouldn't tolerate this.
>>
>>323654881
nah, this shit art style would have ruined the game's reputation either way

just look at codename steam
>>
>>323655027
I'm pretty sure they have on some videos.
>>
>>323654881
It looks like Evolve 0.5: DS edition.
>>
>>323655027
Check out the most viewed video on the Nintendo channel. Both are disabled.
>>
>>323654881
The game wouldn't even get attention from gamers if not for the Metroid name. It's doomed from the start, but at least this way they'll sell a few more copies to Metroid fans who'll buy it because it has Metroid in the title.
>>
Best case scenario: Nintendo saw the reaction and went back to rework some things and are going to come out of it with a stronger product and the game does decently.

Worst case scenario: Nintendo decided there's no hope for it and just went silent and are going to silently shove it out the door to die with no more support from them.

Either way there's more Metroid coming and this game's existence has no effect on the rest of the franchise like everyone seems to believe.
>>
Not really, but it's getting a remake in terms of visual and name. You will see some new footage in the next few months.
>>
It has to have had some serious changes or an added mode to appease fans with backlash like that. They couldn't be that fucking arrogant.
>>
Most likely yeah, now that 3DS piracy is available to everyone this game has no chance in hell and nintendo knows it.
>>
>>323654365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE37PplM5ps
>>
>>323655573
Tell them to remake metroid 2 already for fucks sake.
>>
>>323655513
>Either way there's more Metroid coming and this game's existence has no effect on the rest of the franchise like everyone seems to believe.

That may (or may not) be true but Nintendo is doing a piss poor job at letting people know that.
>>
>>323654365
I hope so.
>>
>>323654528
only been 5 years, bro.
>>
>>323655782
I'm going to guess that it's because it's being made for NX and they still want to pretend that Wii U and 3DS aren't dead so they aren't going to act like they already have tons of shit planned for NX.

They should probably just give up the act because it's just making them look incompetent and stuck in a drought with nothing in sight.
>>
>>323655782
They can't exactly say "We have a new main Metroid game coming out for NX" yet. Details on NX are hush.
>>
>>323654472
>things would have gone better if nintendo wasn't so utterly out of touch

Yes.
>>
>>323654518
I'm pretty sure there will still be nintendrones from /v/ who will eat it up and say "it's a good game but not a good metroid game"
>>
>>323655617
Why would they need to appease Metroid Justice Warriors? They're not going to buy the game even if it's good.
>>
File: 1436205690206.png (325KB, 768x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1436205690206.png
325KB, 768x1001px
No. Day one for me. Cry me a river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE37PplM5ps
>>
I want a metroid done by platinum.
>>
>>323656043
>get shit on
>lol you are just salty

What
>>
>>323654365
I'm preordering it as soon as it has a release date.
>>
>>323656043
it's metroid in name only.
>>
>>323656043
No one's going to be upset if you pay money for that game, anon.
>>
I'm going to buy and enjoy this game, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>323656069
I want a metroid game with dark souls combat
>>
>>323656098
To be fair it's a Paper Mario fan. They've gone through far worse.
>>
>>323656154
See above.
>>
>>323656098
>shit on

Other M is getting shit on. This is just getting a spin off that's not the sort of game you want.
>>
>>323656023
It looks fun, do you hate fun?
>>
>>323656307
How does it look fun at all?
All the footage so far looks slow as fuck.
>>
>>323656023
>>323656307
"It's fun if you have friends" is the usual defense for these kind of games.
>>
I feel bad for Next Level. They've made nothing but solid stuff for Ninty and then had to face a backlash of that caliber.

Not like a game like that, revealed the way it was didn't deserve it though.
>>
File: Bayonetta_2_Metroid.png (1MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_2_Metroid.png
1MB, 1000x562px
>>323656169
joke all you want. you know it'd be a perfect fit.

unless you enjoy the prime games' shitty clunky gameplay.
>>
A metroid 2 remake where you actually get to exterminate every single metroid in the planet (meaning thousands of them) would be fucking great.
>>
>>323656154
Congratulations on contributing to the 18k lifetime sales.
>>
>>323655883
Corruption was released in 2007
>>
>>323656506
why not just leave them alone?

psycho.
>>
>>323656407
There was a decent backlash for Luigi's Mansion 2 (180 mood, several tiny mansions, removed miniboss ghosts entirely).
>>
>>323655883
>only been 5 years, bro.
since Other M released.
and he did say "good Metroid"
>>
>>323656528
I couldn't care less how much it sells as long as I'm having fun. It's not as if the series' future rests on this spinoff selling well.
>>
>>323656641
right.
>>
>>323656565
The federation orders it and they obviously have done nothing wrong ever.
>>
>>323656624
Yeah but that was just mixed reviews. The case this time is something they've been working on was shown off for the first time and got a shitton of hate just for the idea. Like it had no chance at all.
>>
>>323656624
I found LM2 a lot of fun.
>>
>>323656043
>>323656154
Kinda reminds me of people saying the same thing about codename Steam

Didn't stop that game from being a failure
>>
>>323656425
Prime with Wii controls was 10/10 though.
>>
>>323654365
No, but I wish it was. That or at the very least take Metroid out of the title.
>>
I enjoyed LM2 and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this as well.

Just because it's not in a style you'd like doesn't make it bad.
>>
UNFREEZABLE METROIDS
>>
>>323656857
We knew codename steam was going to be shit because IS lost any talent they had years ago. NLG still has potential.
>>
File: rii.jpg (16KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
rii.jpg
16KB, 360x360px
People are just too buttfrustrated. Which is what I don't get.

Obviously that's not the game I wanted, but why the fuck would I throw a tantrum about it?

They are just trying to make a fun game with a metroid concept. If fun things are fun then stop complaining about it. It's where this all boils down to, faggots. The gameplay.

And really if you keep complaining that you wanted Other M 2 or Prime 4 or whatever, I'm pretty sure they are gonna release a actual Metroid game, in due time.

While I also think this metroid drought has been too long already, I shouldn't take out my frustrations on a game that looks fun but wasn't what I wanted.
>>
>>323656624
It got mixed reactions but good sales so I doubt they're unhappy with the performance.

Fed Force seems like an unwinnable situation for them, though. They could make a fucking awesome game but Metroid fans are crazy and will hate it on the principle that it's not a "true" Metroid game, and the Metroid name itself isn't really strong enough to carry the thing to a lot of other people.

They'd better hope this thing reaches some new audience outside of longtime Metroid fans because that's about all they've got, and I doubt Nintendo will help them reach those people given how bad they've been with stuff like this in the past.
>>
File: 1367889438139.png (41KB, 270x201px) Image search: [Google]
1367889438139.png
41KB, 270x201px
>>323654365
Nah.
it will release either reworked or it will get a stealth release and be sent to die
>>
>>323657098
So by your logic Silent Hill Pachinko is A-OK because some people like throwing away money on it.
>>
>>323654881
What if it had Splatoon in the title?
>>
>>323657174
>but Metroid fans are crazy and will hate it on the principle that it's not a "true" Metroid game,

Thats not the issue here, no one had a problem with metroid prime pinball.
>>
>>323657198
Silent Hill is dead, along with every other Konami series, and pachinko is all they have left. Fed Force is just a spin off that will have no effect on anything and attributing anything more to it than that is being paranoid.

>>323657264
That was before Other M drove Metroid fans insane.
>>
>>323657264
Mainly because true Metroid games had or were coming out then.
>>
>>323654365
is not cancelled

How many directs since the reveal?
>>
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/259753/hines-there-would-have-been-pitchforks-if-fallout-shelter-was-announced-before-fallout-4/

>"If we tried to do this last year without announcing what Bethesda Game Studios was doing [Fallout 4 for consoles and PC] and said, 'Oh we're doing a game and it's on mobile and it's called Fallout Shelter,' we'd probably get lynched, right? There would be pitchforks at the gate. 'That's not the Fallout we asked for, you bastards!'

>But doing it this way, they're like, 'I'm getting what I want and oh, by the way, while I wait here's this other free thing that's fun to play.' So part of it is just how do we not get ourselves killed and make it a success? This felt like the better version of that."

You know Nintendo is really out of touch when even Bethesda has a better understanding of how consumers think and behave.
>>
File: Lies.jpg (8KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
Lies.jpg
8KB, 289x175px
>>323657462
>>
>>323657462
It's sad that fans have to be treated this way.

Like they can't grasp the concept that a tiny shit spinoff takes so little time and effort that it might get done before the big one and just released as a "in the mean time" thing and for some reason think the tiny thing is taking away their big thing. But I guess it just goes to show you have to assume the least of your audience if you want a positive reaction.
>>
>>323656989
This can't be true.
>>
You know what would have been a cool spinoff that no one would have hated?

Space pirate/Chozo simulator
Do research, conquer the galaxy, protect planets etc
>>
File: 1350210926015.jpg (12KB, 170x159px) Image search: [Google]
1350210926015.jpg
12KB, 170x159px
Honestly I don't think Federation Force itself isn't the problem, it's everything surrounding it going on at Nintendo, FF was just the tipping point.

I know people joke about how Nintendo is just kiddie'fying every franchise they have, and allthough I think that's hyperbole it still has a grain of truth in it. So it's a bit of a sore subject. In the mainstream eye Nintendo is now seen as the "kiddie console" after the Wii happened. Metroid however always symbolized the bit darker, more mature side of Nintendo, for lack of better words.

FF was just this sort of nail in the coffin for a lot of Nintendo fans I think, that Nintendo rather would focus on younger generations and a more family friendly image over their older fans. They will take their older franchises and try to make them more accessible to everyone. I mean, I probably can't blame them since I doubt stuff like W101 and Bayonetta 2 sold well. But it's a shame. I think if they focused on their older fans and made Nintendo "cool" again with the grown-ups, younger generations would come automatically.
>>
File: chara.png (26KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chara.png
26KB, 800x1200px
Anyone who defends Federation Force must be a retard of the highest order. It's literally a DSiware game rebranded and given a $40 pricetag.

Then again, Nintendrones will gladly pay $5 for a single emulated ROM. So it's not that surprising.
>>
>but it's a spin off so why do you care!
This line of reasoning is really dumb

The game straight up looks bad both graphically and to play (watch the tree house video where they try to have fun but none are). A bad game should be pointed out

If they were going to do a spin off they should have done something that felt like it was celebrating metroid not another cheap cash in like nintendo have been doing a lot of recently

It is the first entry in metroid for a while with no other announced since what is widely regarded as the worst in the franchise

Spin offs can effect how a series does, if it fails we may see it as no one wants metroid or they could see it as people want this instead (look at how pesona took over)
>>
>>323657198
Why should it be wrong? It's fun for a group of people, and we know that a actual Silent Hill game could be in the works.
>>
>>323656023

I still get pissed when faggots do this shit about Sticker Star
If they're not willing to condemn THAT train wreak they're beyond help.
>>
>>323654593
If anything. The lack of a decent new 2D handheld metroid is more painful. I doubt the budget for that would be that much higher than Fed. Force

They even pitched one to Nintendo
>>
>>323657645
>Like they can't grasp the concept that a tiny shit spinoff
Yeah why can't fans east shit until they bother to get around to a proper game the entitled shitlords!
>>
>>323657819
>The game straight up looks bad both graphically and to play (watch the tree house video where they try to have fun but none are). A bad game should be pointed out

Its for the 3Ds so what do you expect?
1080p and "its not fun" is a funny therm because it would probably look like fun if it wasnt hated on by the retarded Metroid fanbase
>>
if it comes out I'll pirate it at least 10 times so nintendo will lose 10 sales.

If everyone with a CFW does this then the message will get across
>>
It will be free to play.
>>
>>323656023
>nintendrones

I'm an idort and I've been going at Nintendo since the early Sega days. This doesn't have anything to do with "Nintendrones". The game looks pretty good in my book. I'm gonna check it out and judge after the game is out. Hating something blindly is just as bad as following it.
>>
>>323657645
People are so rabid about mobile titles because lots of good games got shitty mobile-only sequels.
>>
>>323657981
Nah, they'll bundle it with a free Samus Amiibo as an apology.
>>
>>323654365
>IT'S NOT THE ONE I WANTED
Can't wait for the release so we can see more so-called "fans" act like they've just been asked to cook their own dog.
>>
I just don't understand why Nintendo is so fixated on putting out shit no one wants

>Tomodachi Life
>Smash Bros on the 3DS which gimped the console version
>Paper Mario with stickers
>A million Fire Emblem sequels, including one that takes place in modern Japan somehow?
>A million Fire Emblem characters
>A fucking Tekken and Pokemon crossover
>Twilight Princess HD
>A Mario Party sequel that doesn't even factor in the board game element anymore
>Starfox with wii graphics

There are literally two things people want from Nintendo at this point: a Mario 64 sequel and a Zelda game, and Nintendo refuses to supply either of these, why?

Why does Nintendo so blatantly refuse to do anything people want them to make? Even the NX is going to have a gimmick even though people are sick of them
>>
>>323654881
>creaming their pants.
didn't happen for codename steam

speaking of codename steam, what spinoff do you think would of worked best for it?

I think the DK universe could've sorta worked for it, it'd be completely different but the steampunk would of stayed
>>
>>323657895
2D metroid dual stick shooter.

would play.
>>
>>323657942
>it would probably look like fun if it wasnt hated on by the retarded Metroid fanbase
Oh sorry, I should turn off my ability to make everyone see thegame as slowly clunky and dull. Wait it isn't working cause that is what the game is

>Its for the 3Ds so what do you expect?
A good game that looks nice despite technical limits like other 3ds games?
>>
>>323657891
I liked Sticker Star for what it was, even if it was my least favorite of the bunch.
>>
>>323657792
>saying this while using reaction images from a $10 meme game
>>
>>323657645
>It's sad that fans have to be treated this way
The loud part of the fanbase is mostly children so it makes sense to coddle them.
>>
>>323658051
>metroid without samus

I'll bet you considered mario is missing a mainline mario game.
>>
>>323657917
Yeah because I totally said people have to love and buy this and didn't just mean that it's retarded to think that a little ass spinoff title means anything for the franchise as a whole.
>>
>>323658148
A better example would be the Luigi's Mansion games
>>
>>323657098
>>They are just trying to make a fun game with a metroid concept
Ah yes, fuck nintendo why aren't they making a unfun metroid

Every time you say fun, it's like you've basically said nothing
>>
>>323658171
>spin offs have never effected a franchise
point at him and laugh while atlus makes 20 more persona 4 games
>>
>>323657942
There's no excuse for Federation Force to look that ugly, it looks like a DS game
>>
>>323658148
>mainline
Why is his relevant? It's a spin-off, it's not replacing some non-existent "real" Metroid game. It was a shelved project from years ago they for some reason thought needed to finally be finished.

Samus is in the game anyway, after so many people whined Nintendo confirmed it.
>>
>>323658239
Oh shut up, no one is worried that this thing's going to be successful enough to eat the whole franchise alive.
>>
>>323658109
it was garbage, there was some interesting things but the fact that combat was beyond awful + puzzle solving ruined it completely. The game actually had so many faults, it didn't focus on story but only had six worlds.
>>
>>323658215
>Every time you say fun, it's like you've basically said nothing
What do you mean?
>>
>>323658061
>Tomodachi Life
>Smash Bros on the 3DS
>Paper Mario with stickers
>A million Fire Emblem sequels
>A Mario Party sequel
All these games sold well, you're a little out of touch.

>A fucking Tekken and Pokemon crossover
>Twilight Princess HD
Not seeing the problem with these existing. If you're going to complain about TPHD at least complain about how it barely looks any better.
>>
>>323658376
>Oh shut up
This is the toddler line of defence now. Stop stating facts about how spin offs can have an effect! That can also be negative friend like Another Century's Episode R
>>
>>323658270
Actually, Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS looked a lot better, m8.
>>
>>323658530
every game is "fun", when you say a game is fun you're saying nothing

saying WHY it's fun is entirely different and is called explaining your opinion
>>
>>323658605
Fine, feel free to screencap me so you can mock me when Fed Force sells millions, because everyone is clearly just afraid that they've got too big of a winner with this one.
>>
File: tl.png (172KB, 918x678px) Image search: [Google]
tl.png
172KB, 918x678px
>>323658061
>Nintendo is so fixated on putting out shit no one wants
>Tomodachi Life
>Smash Bros on the 3DS which gimped the console version

Except Tomodachi Life is the 9th best selling 3DS title at around 4.5 million copies sold. What Metroid game even comes close to this number? And Smash is the 7th best selling 3DS title, nearly doubling the sales of its Wii U counterpart. Fire Emblem is also more popular than ever.

You don't understand because you're more out of touch with what people want than Nintendo apparently.
>>
>>323658605
>Stop stating facts about how spin offs can have an effect!
Strawman. Literally no one believes this game will somehow spawn a dozen sequels. If it did not exist, we would not have a different game in its place, this was a shelved DS game not something fresh they thought up in place of another possible Metroid game.
>>
>>323658530
It's like saying something is nice, it doesn't mean anything but a general positive.

>>323658715
You can't even read my post now and are just having a hissy fit, poor little nintoddler. This game doing badly can also effect metroid but hide under your blanky and pretend spin offs exist in a nebulous space
>>
>>323654365
They could've simply made a Metroid Fusion sequel.

With extra creepy and scary stuff.
>>
>>323658827
>Strawman
>>323658171
>retarded to think that a little ass spinoff title means anything
follow the chain, also read the posts

>If it did not exist, we would not have a different game in its place
That'd be fine and better than another black mark on the franchise. 2 big failures in a row is bad news
>>
Whats was the problem with this, I remember people foaming at the mouth over it but I never actually looked into it. Whats wrong with spinoff games when the original series remains intact?
>>
Why bother changing it? The only reason to change it is to try to mitigate the PR disaster that it became and try to convince people that they listen to their input, but there's no way they can change it enough to make those same people want to buy it. Just push it out and let it die.
>>
Do you have to be a Metroid fan to think this looks like shit? I don't think you do.
>>
>>323658695
Why should I explain it? We all saw the video. 4 player co op with a metroid concept looks very fun to play, especially with friends. Just look at the Treehouse video.

Unless you can tell me why it's not fun.
>>
>>323659004
>when the original series remains intact
Heh
>>
>>323659004
The last "original series" game was terrible and Nintendo doesn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it, and this cheap mobile-tier trash is just proving they don't really care.
>>
File: 1446573017008.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1446573017008.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>323654593
This.
>We have no idea how to make Metroid interesting so we're not making any
>Meanwhile they keep shitting remakes and stuff like New Super Mario Bros 2 every month and a half

Just fucking remake Return of Samus like you did Zero Mission you bloody elevens; God knows you like remakes
>>
>>323659120
These people just want to hate it because it is not the Prime sequel that they wanted to have. They won't listen to any arguments you make.
>>
>>323654881
It would have joined the niche DSi/3DS hidden gems club at best, then quickly died as you'd hardly ever find someone to play with online.
>>
File: fgh.jpg (445KB, 1280x1468px) Image search: [Google]
fgh.jpg
445KB, 1280x1468px
>>323654593
They didn't even need to do that. If they had just made Nurse Samus or whatever dumb puzzle spin off with a cute chibi samus the reaction would have been a million times better. Some wouldn't be happy still but most would let it slide as metroid fans have gotten use to waiting for new games

But instead we get something that looks like dog shit and only the blind NDF can't see it
>>
>>323658878
Here's the truth: This game is not Persona. It is much smaller scale than that. It's clearly just some shit being thrown together in the mean time. Nintendo was not presented with the decision to make Metroid 5 or this. That was not an option. This game is not taking the place of the game you want so badly.

And I know you think nintoddler is a good fallback but I don't even think this game looks good. I just think you're stupid if you think it has to be destroyed or that it's taking the space of something else.
>>
>>323654365
Yeah because Nintendo has never announced a game, stayed quiet on it then released it like two years later. We literally didn't just see this with #FE, Wooly World or Zelda U.

I feel like FF is going to have a slightly more "mature" looking art design when we see it again.

But no, Nintendo isn't going to listen to fucking youtube bitching. Honestly, it looks pretty solid.
>>
>>323659541
Waifufags are the worst.
>>
I don't mind them trying to expand the Metroid universe beyond Samus.

Space Soccer is fucking dumb, though.
>>
File: sakamoto_portrait.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sakamoto_portrait.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>323659323
>We have no idea how to make Metroid interesting so we're not making any
Except that's not the reason. Sakamoto's still in charge of Metroid, so if you're getting another main series title it's Other M 2. He doesn't even want to make that because Tomodachi Life sold more the twice as many copies as the average Metroid game.
>>
>>323659690
>Honestly, it looks pretty solid.

It looks like a DS game with a retarded art style. It doesn't look like Metroid at all.
>>
>>323659120
Because I've basically already played the game on nintendoland and downgrading it to 3ds isn't amazing

I can't state why it's not fun just like how you can state the game will be fun. Because there isn't enough information

However since it's a 3DS title focused on multiplayer I'm assuming that it will be completely mediocre.

There is potential for the game to be amazing but since it's an entry point and probably going to be mission focused instead of an open world I highly doubt it
>>
>>323654365
I'm looking more forward to the NX handheld & the possibility that a side scrolling Metroid will be made for it.
>>
File: 51RS542JKEL.jpg (62KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
51RS542JKEL.jpg
62KB, 500x448px
IT'S JUST NOT FAIR
>>
>>323659645
Here's the truth. Two bad games in a row for a smaller franchise is not a good thing. But muh spin off means fuck all, spin offs do not exist in some other place where no one looks at them, on the books it comes up as a metroid game.

There are no known plans for another metroid game, no one is saying this is replacing a game that is something you have made up here but we do know that this is the only known metroid title in the works. People do not want this shit pile, the franchise doesn't need another failure.
>>
>>323659771
This. I bet most Metroid "fans" bitching about FF in here are pirate fags who have never even bought a single Metroid game. If you want to see a sequel, you should at least support the franchise that you claim to love so much.
>>
>>323659317
>and Nintendo doesn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it
What fantasy world do you live in?
>>
File: Samus_by_MattBozon.jpg (343KB, 628x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_by_MattBozon.jpg
343KB, 628x1113px
>>323659770
That's another thing. Even with the Federation appearing in previous games. Not to mention the hunters..
They kinda failed to make me care / be interested about any of them at all.
>>
>>323659924
>Two bad games in a row for a smaller franchise is not a good thing
Good thing that doesn't apply to Metroid, it's never had a bad game. It's had a couple pretty mediocre games though.
>>
>>323659120
>I won't explain but you have to
logic there

It looks terrible even for a 3DS game, the main mode is a slow clunky trying to heard one monster into a cage which didn't allow for much smart team work. The weapon choices made fuck all difference. The football mode couldn't have been more unhype and just seems liek a shitty version of rocket league
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx5now2XJo
Hopefully they might rework the game so it doesn't look as boring to play.
>>
>>323659937
12 years since the last 2d metroid

9 years since the last real 3d metroid game

fuck you
>>
>>323659924
>no one is saying this is replacing a game that is something you have made up here
Are you being serious? So many of the complaints were "Why isn't this a real Metroid game" much of the hate comes from the fact that this was announced instead of something else.
>>
>>323660150
Why couldn't they make something else =/= this replaced something else
>>
>>323659771
He's in charge of whether we get one or not. He is a Section Manager now so don't expect him to be very involved with another mainline game's development. Katsuya Yamano is the guy who will Produce & Direct the next mainline Metroid. Sakamoto is in a position similar to Gunpei Yokoi with Super Metroid where he wasn't really involved at all with the game's development just deciding to let the game's development continue or cancel it. Also expect a new Writer for the mainline games too.
>>
>>323654365

Literally Nobody Wants This The game.
>>
>>323660127
So what? There are old fags in here who bought every game on release since the NES/SNES and then got the games again as rereleases and Virtual Console roms. I bet many people in this thread played the games on emulators, then turn around and start crying that there aren't more Metroid games coming. If you don't know, the series has always sold pretty badly. If you don't want it to die, you should support it.
>>
File: 1449927215144.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449927215144.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>323659937
You're cute.

>>323659771
Ninty let Retro have a go with Metroid with great results, there is no reason they won't do it again.
It helps that Sakamoto doesn't want to work on Metroid right or would do something completely different with it.

And since FF got such a "mild" reception to say the least, Nintendo will be more reluctant to try something different again, especially for the main games.
Thus the chances of Sakamoto to make the next game are pretty low.
>>
>>323660332
see
>>323660280
>>
>>323660319
Yea no, last time I fell for that bait I got chibi robo zip lash

even tho it was a decent platformer I wanted a real chibi game
>>
>>323659937
I have Metroid Prime Trilogy, physical. You jelly?
>>
>>323660386
That doesn't really contradict my point.
>>
>>323660319
Already burnt that bridge, not taking this bait.
>>
File: What Did This Retard Just Say.webm (2MB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
What Did This Retard Just Say.webm
2MB, 544x400px
>>323659818
But its literally not a core Metroid game. Its a spinoff game SET in the Metroid universe. It's literally called Federation Force because that's what you're playing as.
>>
>>323654472
>a Nuts and Bolts situation
The hyperbole here is painful.
There's going to be new Metroid games and Federation Force is clearly just some cute little Prime spinoff they attached Next Level to. Anyone who looked at this and thought "THIS IS METROID FROM NOW ON" is a fucking moron.
>>
>Metroid doesn't sell well
>spin the concept into a 3D shooter
>doesn't sell well
>spin the concept into a collab with TK
>doesn't sell well
>spin the concept into a handheld multiplayer game
>gets shit on at launch
Time to take Samus out back and give her the F-Zero treatment.
>>
If they speed up the flow of the game I'll get it. It just looked so slow, a lot of trudging around without encountering much before slowly running away from a boss and shooting. Maybe it was just early stages of development and the final thing will feel more involved.
>>
>>323660684
That's good, bro. I'm not jelly. I bought all of the Prime games on release myself. I even own two copies of Echoes. And you know what? I'm not even a big fan of Prime. I prefer the 2D games but you don't see me sperging out, crying that Nintendo should make the game that I personally want the most (a sequel to Super/Fusion) or fuck off.
>>
File: 1403843382774.png (117KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
1403843382774.png
117KB, 648x648px
>>323660954
And since some fans had been hoping for a game about being Fed troopers, this chibi cartoony game hits the sweet spot for double-disappointment
>>
>>323660721
It kind of does, while Sakamoto decides if a Metroid game is created or not, with him being a Section Manager, he is no longer needed for the game to be developed he just gives the green light for the game's development. This definitely not a demotion but a promotion, either way less Sakamoto Producing, Directing, & Writing the game the better.

Here is the website where I got the info.

Sakamoto is number 005 his team is EPD8 is number 014

http://kyoto-report.wikidot.com/personnel-listing-nintendo-epd
>>
>>323661005

But the Metroid Prime trilogy sold very well anon
>>
>>323660983
>implying the negative response to this game didn't kill Metroid forever

You're never getting a new game again
>>
>>323661201
>But the Metroid Prime trilogy sold very well anon
>>
>>323661103
>you don't see me sperging out, crying that Nintendo should make the game that I personally want the most
Me either! Funny how that works. I just think it looks like shit, but no, we gotta have this whole "everyone who disagrees with me is crying and salty" meme.
>>
>>323660093
The logic is that with so little information about it, it's hard at this stage in time to say that it is terrible, and you are a faggot for doing so.

But how can I say the game is gonna be fun?The game's co-op concept seems interesting, and considering it was just announced at the time, it looked pretty good and fun with friends. That's why you need to show me why it's bad.

First of all, the gameplay did not feel slow, or clunky. I don't know where you got that from.

Second, you are, once again, judging the game as if it's coming out just after they showed the trailer and Treehouse video. How do you know it's not gonna allow for smart teamwork? How do you know weapon changes make fuck all difference?

Why, if I remember correctly Splatoon looked boring as ever when it was announced, and at release it transformed into something fun and good.
>>
>>323658270
everything on the 3ds looks like shit
>>
>>323661431
If it's too early to say it's bad, it's too early to say it's good.
>>
>>323661143
Recent interviews had Sakamoto stating he wanted to take Metroid to new directions, basically gloating in Tomodachi's success and paraphrasing that he wanted to reach a broader audience.
So unless he was off his pills I'd say he intents to have a hand in whatever Metroid game he'll be involved in.

>>323660983
>There's going to be new Metroid games
[citation needed]
Vidya "journalists" making a clickbait article every year about a new Metroid being in the making just because Shiggy said he liked the franchise and was hoping for more games is NOT a valid source.

And if we do get new Metroid games, there is no guarantee they will be what people want and not Other M 2.
>>
>>323661225

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid

Japs were the only people who didnt like Metroid Prime
>>
File: 1420424098536.png (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1420424098536.png
32KB, 800x600px
>Pretty much the only Nintendo series that has an actual timeline fuck you zelda doesn't count they're always skipping all over the place for indeterminate amounts of time and it barely affects anything
>Post Fusion
>Metroids are done for unless they decide to pull "oh we had some spare Metroid DNA lying around hehehe" for a third goddamn time.
>Ridley is SUPER perma-dead and I don't see him coming back without a major asspull.
>Space Pirates are so blown the fuck out they're kept as non-sentient research subjects in labs now.

I think one of the problems Nintendo is having is they just don't know where the fuck to go from there. They'll either need to do more mid-sequels like Prime and Other M or come up with some new antagonist like Gorea, and who the fuck cared about Gorea? No one, that's who.

and i doubt nintendo will ever go the "the government is evil now" route that a lot of people think they should
>>
>>323660983
Prove it.
>>
>>323661431
Your whole argument is but it might be good despite everything we have seen

>The game's co-op concept seems interesting
A 4 player co-op shooter is not anything new and has been done horribly as well.

>That's why you need to show me why it's bad.
When your ar etrying "no but it looks fun"? Fuck off shitposter. No one enjoyed it in that video and you could feel how awkward it was

>Why, if I remember correctly Splatoon looked boring
No it didn't, everyone was super hyped cause the game actually looked good and had a unique premise
>>
>>323661627
Japs dont like metroid period.
>>
>>323661545
Wait he did?! Um can you send me a link? Oh boy.:/
>>
>>323661627
And after Other M, we know that nips have hopelessly shit taste.
>>
>>323661679
>Prove it.
>>323661545
>[citation needed]
>nintendo
>abandoning a franchise ever
Not going to happens.
>>
>>323661651
Okay, let me try here
>Someone made metroids again
>Samus goes and is trapped in the place and must fight
I think I've got it
>>
>>323661627
Japs don't like Metroid in general.
The only time they showed interest was Other M.
Which really says something about their love for the franchise.
>>
dead series
>>
>>323661651
Do we need metroids anymore?
Samus herself is a metroid now you know
>>
>>323654365

>every second game released on steam today is a Metroidvania
>people are thirsty for games like that and keep buying these shitty knock-offs
>both Nintendo and Konami too stupid to capitalize on the demand
>>
>>323661753
>But he's in Smash!
It's like tying your dog to a tree in the woods but keeping a small photo of it on your bed table.
Sure doesn't make it any less abandoned.

>>323661739
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/15/sakamoto-and-the-future-of-metroid
:/

>>323661879
That was retconned by Saka because he's just that great a writer.
Absorbing the SA-X reset Sammy's genome.
Yay!
>>
>>323662029
>Absorbing the SA-X reset Sammy's genome.

In what game was this stated?
>>
>>323661879
When she absorb the SA-X she rebuilt her genetics to their original state, in other words she is once again a Human/Chozo hybrid. Metroid DNA is gone son.
>>
>>323661879
If they tried to go with that angle then there's not much they can do other than evil Samus clones, which Fusion already kind of had with SA-X, or making Samus the enemy and introducing a new protag, which seems like an especially awful idea.
>>
>>323662029
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O
>>
>>323662087
That doesnt make any fucking sense, and where was that said.
>>
File: falcon.jpg (17KB, 463x248px) Image search: [Google]
falcon.jpg
17KB, 463x248px
>>323662068
Post Fusion interviews, look it up.

>>323662029
Forgot my pic, intended for >>323661753
>>
>>323662226
>interviews

Not canon then.
>>
>>323662213
Sakamoto: "When she absorbed the core of the SAX (the perfect condition of Samus), she basically reconstituted her genetic condition. She didn't recover the physical damage of her amputated suit, but she did recover her genetic condition."

http://www.metroid-database.com/features/faq4.php#stage04
>>
What's frustrating is that Federation Force is a good idea.

Seriously, I remember people talking about the idea of a federation soldier spin off years ago. Folks saying how it could play like Republic Commando or something similar.

They just got the entire feel and atmosphere wrong. I kind of get why they went with the whole "chibi" artstyle. It's easier, I guess. I mean I see tons of 3DS games using it instead of actually going the effort to design something harder, but it doesn't work when 10 years ago (10!) we had a gorgeous looking Metroid game on the original DS that pulled off more ambitious designs.
>>
>>323662182
Introduce a new bad space creature

Why do people find this so hard? Metroid is fucking easy to write
>>
>>323662395
That's just it. They could have made something great and we got this lazy garbage that looks like it belongs on a cell phone.
>>
>>323662395
It doesn't help the game just doesn't look very enjoyable. Co-op shooters have been common fr ages now and even co-op shooter monster huntery things aren't new. This just doesn't look like a good one, nothing about trying to get that dumb snow monster in a cage looked like it needed good team work, smart play that let you pull of cool things or just anything really
>>
Fed Force looks shit, but it would be fine if we had confirmation that a new Metroid were on the way.
I don't want this series to die like all the others. I don't want it to be devoured whole by the Mario Monster.
>>
>>323660332
Actually, because FF got a shit reception Nintendo will think fans just hate Metroid.
>>
>>323654365
Lol no, they're already working on the sequel alongside it.
>>
>>323662276
Yes and no.
It wasn't stated in the game (though how the fuck else would Samus use the ice beam at the end?) so they could just pretend the interview didn't happen and nobody would be the wiser.

However, pulling that stupid deus ex machina at the end just to get rid of a plot element that had become a bother just goes to show how little Sakamoto is commited to writing, lore and that particular element.
He didn't think much about Samus having Metroid genes.
It was the thingamagik that made her absorb X and fear the SA-X's ice beam.
A vague story justification to some gameplay features.
Nothing more.

God knows he wouldn't sully his waifu with body mutations.
The whole "metroid genes" thing is probably tied to how little he understand how vaccines work.

Sorry if you thought he was going somewhere interesting with that
Plugging your ears and chanting it's not cannon won't fix it.
>>
>>323662525
You seen cell phone games lately? I ain't saying shit about gameplay, but they can look better than stuff on the 3DS.
>>
>>323662896
This is so awful is making me want to stop caring about this series forever.
Why cant that faggot get cancer? Why do only the good ones die?
>>
>>323662896
Dear god metroid is fucked come what may.

At least Ghost song looks cool
>>
>>323662896
Or Sakamoto wanted to make Fusion's Sequel play more like a classic Metroid. Purple energy capsules, missile capsules, & power bomb capsules like the classics. Plus it would also mean less story restrictions screwing with the gameplay of Metroid 5. I was fine with the Metroid DNA being gone. Makes for a far less linear Metroid game.
>>
>>323663218
The idiot didn't know that the gravity suit made her armor purple.

That's why it's an aura in Other M.

The guy needs to be removed from Nintendo.
>>
>>323663218
Seeing how Other M went I doubt that was his intention, unless he's bipolar.

But yeah, he wanted to have no restriction for whatever he would come up with later.
Like I said, zero commitment.
>>
The 3DS has a really sad library but I'm not going to lap up just anything.
>>
>>323663341
>The idiot didn't know that the gravity suit made her armor purple.

No, he thought Samus having a purple suit during cutscenes would make them hard to take seriously.
>>
>>323663341
I wish he was but Nintendo, The only praise I give him is for the removal of the Metroid DNA that way I can go back to finding Chozo Statues instead of trying to get to a Data Room that is about to get destroyed.
>>
>>323663341
>That purple armour makes her look silly, lets make her glow purple out of no where instead!
I want to see the meeting where he said this. Did no one tell him just no that is stupider? Did no one say we can just redesign the suit and even just make it a deeper purple?

I think it might have been his is super stubborn, but that is mostly my dislike for Sakamoto
>>
>other m is bad meme
Kill yourselves cocksuckers
>>
it better be fucking canceled.

its not anything related to the metroid franchise other than in name, and thats the pathetic part.

the amount of time and funds could have given us a 2d metroid worth praise, or even a remake of 2 with up to date graphics.
Thats the part that irks me the most, the time and money spent on this half assed spinoff shit could be put to better use elsewhere, and the arrogance of nintendo to even give this shit a spotlight and a trailer thinking this would be good enough. Skip the 25th anniversary and give us this?
>>
File: DG2.png (15KB, 720x759px) Image search: [Google]
DG2.png
15KB, 720x759px
>>323654365
>make a game with influence from the alien franchise

>proceed to make a game in same universe but make the characters look like chibi bullshit

this is what angers me the most about this game. A federation force game would be great if ti retained the tone of the metroid games
>>
File: 1436309772109.jpg (31KB, 496x497px) Image search: [Google]
1436309772109.jpg
31KB, 496x497px
>>323663508
Yeah, I mean: Samus not activating her Varia suit when she's slowly dying from the heat, repeating in her head in a monotone voice what has just been said by whomever just spoke in every conversation and Adam shooting Samus in the back because he thought the enemy she was facing is invincible, that's peachy, but a purple suit?
Get the fuck out!
>>
>>323662226
Nintendo probably hasn't tried to make a new F-Zero because the guys who made the last one was a department of Sega that literally doesn't fucking exist anymore, staffed by people who are now pretty much permanently shackled to Yakuza.
And F-Zero GX is a hell of an act to follow.
>>
>>323663843
>Adam shooting Samus in the back because he thought the enemy she was facing is invincible
Just what were they thinking? Samus taken out by one shot? Samus not being able to take out the enemy she always takes out even without ice? Why could it only be jettisoned from the inside? Why couldn't Samus blow it up with her ship?

The only thing stupider was the Deleter plot line
>>
>>323661498
And I agree with that. It's too early to say if it's good or bad, but relative to how long before it gets released, we can say if something is good at that point in time.

>>323661689
>No it didn't, everyone was super hyped cause the game actually looked good and had a unique premise
A lot of people thought the premise looked unique, yes, but looked like the type of game you would play for 2 hours and then get bored of it. That was also what I had first thought. Look at what it is now. I love Splatoon.

>A 4 player co-op shooter is not anything new and has been done horribly as well.
No, it is not. But the concept of metroid in a co op game seems interesting and has potential.

>When your are trying "no but it looks fun"? Fuck off shitposter. No one enjoyed it in that video and you could feel how awkward it was

No, it did not you faggot. It looks like you are the shitposter here, since you make ridiculous assumption about how awkward it was as you can't even feel that at all even in the Treehouse video. It seemed like you usual "awkward" co-op game.

Or saying that no one enjoyed it. More like, people are too butthurt about it not being the metroid they want it to be, hence, the prejudge the game as bad. Just like you. I pity people like you, you let nonsense things get in the way of liking or hating the game.
>>
>>323662381
Holy shit this is a goldmine of Sakamoto proudly declaring how little he thought through anything

Aside from the whole metroid genes thing:
>In Metroid Fusion's final scene, how was Planet SR388 completely destroyed?
>S: Let's see. An incredible antimatter bomb! (I really don't know...)

>The Space Pirates' commander in chief, Ridley, is not a Zebesian, how did he become the Space Pirates' commander in chief?
>S: Probably because he's incredibly evil or very strong?

And people bitched when Retro retconned one journal entry to make Prime fit better with Prime 3.
>>
>>323663781
Yeah, I'm sure this budget spinoff title being outsourced to a Canadian studio specifically known for budget spinoff titles is sapping so much time and money away from that big special game you wanted.
What a fucking travesty.
>>
File: 1430764652310.png (127KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
1430764652310.png
127KB, 400x551px
>>323664052
>The suit disappeared because Samus lost consciousness!
Sounds like a great feature for a warrior's armor designed to fight in hostile environnement
I mean fuck oxygen, this guy is taking a nap.
>>
>>323664332
To be fair, that second one has always been pretty much literally true. Ridley's the boss because he's a giant, radical space dragon, and Space Pirates respect that kind of thing.
>>
>>323664363
is it a spinoff?

any time put towards this is time not spent on a real metroid.
any money put towards this is money not spent on a real metroid.

do you spend your entire day eating shit and enjoying it?

doesn't mean everyone else wants to.
>>
>>323664546
and tubes.
>>
>>323664546
Probably.
If he ever makes up his mind on what the Pirates are.
At that moment, he'll find a way to justify the big purple dragon's presence.

Speaking of which, why is Ridley purple if we're supposed to take him seriously?
>>
>>323654365
This will soon join the pantheon of decidely mediocre games like Other M and Sticker Star that only shitposters "defend".
>>
>>323664691
Other than evil fluffy hatchling, and maybe that inbetween form, Other M's Ridley really can't be taken seriously.

It looks friggen hilarious.
>>
>>323664538
>You might blow up the ship with your weapons! Even though none do, many are passive protection and I'm not your boss.
>Oh hey lets pay a random military guy to defeat SAMUS ARAN THE ALIEN GOD KILLER
but most of all
>the suit disappears when samus get scared
WHY WOULD IT EVER WORK LIKE THAT? WHAT IDIOT WOULD MAKE IT LIKE THAT?
>>
>>323664615
>is it a spinoff?
It's a spinoff of Metroid Prime, which itself was a spinoff of Metroid.
It's literally a spinoff of a spinoff.

This is like bitching that Mario Strikers pulled time and budget away from Super Mario Galaxy.
>>
File: 1443458268065.png (80KB, 623x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1443458268065.png
80KB, 623x1058px
>>323664546
>>
>>323664912
My sides
>>
>>323664886
but it did, and left us with an unpolished mess on both fronts.

is this really the future you choose?
>>
>>323664912
>They made FF instead of Space Pirates hey lets do science!
>>
>>323657895
Jesus that artwork looks terrible. I like Stylized art, but it has to be a good style.
>>
>>323664835
They still tried to make it look intimidating in cut-scenes despite Ridley being purple.

The color of silliness according to Sakamoto.
Nice double standards.
>>
>>323664851
>>323664851
The chozo were like nirvana birds so it kinda makes sense
>>
>>323665045
Knowing Nintendo they'd turn it into some phone-styled puzzle game.
>>
I see the Metroid fanbase continues to be absolutely insufferable.
You guys are somehow worse than the Zelda fans sometimes.
>>
>>323664912
>Trump is America's Ridley
It all makes sense now
>>
File: Other M ridley v Super Ridley.png (737KB, 1280x578px) Image search: [Google]
Other M ridley v Super Ridley.png
737KB, 1280x578px
>>323665138
No, no they really didn't.
>>
>>323665191
Metroidfags surpassed Zeldafags since Metroid Other: M.
At least some Zeldafags are allowed to like Skyward Sword and they didn't sperg hard for a spin off like Triforce Heroes.
>>
>>323665191
Come on now. You enjoy this.
Why would you come to a Metroid thread if you didn't enjoy the bitching?
>>
>>323654365
I really dont get why they decided to make this. Next Level was all geared up to tackle a Metroid game on 3DS, their style of Samus looked unusual but couldve worked on a platform like the 3ds.
Instead Nintendo tells them fuck that, make us a spinoff about Federation soldiers. Well might still be fun so lets get at it. Now, NLG's prime specialty is animations, they always pack a hefty punch and feel generally satisfying. Arguably perfect for what seems like an alternative take on Monhun arena monster gameplay.
However, we get these shitty looking chibi things and gameplay is slow and floaty, a stark contrast to their usual profile.
So even if it's not a true Metroid game, it couldve been fun but it's obvious that some serious producer meddling war involved here. I dont want to blame Tanabe as this might have come from higher up as well but fuck me, someone really fucked up here
>>
File: MetroidDread.png (535KB, 1585x1063px) Image search: [Google]
MetroidDread.png
535KB, 1585x1063px
>>
File: ridley-returns[1].jpg (11KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ridley-returns[1].jpg
11KB, 480x270px
>>323665273
>tried
Can you read
Or are you saying this was a funny scene
>>
>>323665328
>since Metroid Other: M.

I'd say the post Other M blowout was justified.

It's after Retro's next game was revealed to be Tropical Freeze instead of Prime 4 and they started lashing out at that was when they crossed the line.
>>
>>323665582
This is the kind of thing that seems like a neat concept on paper, but honestly, trying to think of it in practice, it just sounds like a pointlessly distracting gimmick.
Just give me a new 2D Metroid with the map on the bottom screen, don't get stupid and complicated with it.
>>
>>323665615
Even before that, Metroid threads had dedicated trolls making sure every single discussion would turn into Final Fantasy tier of shit flinging by setting up overblown prime vs super arguments.

And boy did Other M not help that.
>>
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Yoshio_Sakamoto
>>
>>323665910
The fact that "Super Vs. Prime" could even be a thing is baffling.
"My favorite great Metroid is better than your favorite great Metroid!" Who gives a shit
>>
>>323656169
Pls
>>
File: babby ridley.png (21KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
babby ridley.png
21KB, 600x520px
FURBY RIDLEY IS CUTE

CUTE
>>
>>323666039
It was more like falseflagging as a Super fan and shitting on the Prime games, calling everyone Prime babies and such, then falseflagging as a prime fan and shitting on super for being boring/overrated etc.

I'm not denying people with those opinions don't exist (just take a trip to youtube comments) but they're not THAT common you'd see them every thread and were cranked up to eleven for the lulz XD
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 414x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 414x397px
>>323657098
>weeaboo acting retarded and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about

Surprise, surprise.
>>
>>323654472
>a Nuts and Bolts situation
Stop comparing it to that.
Nintendo never did a fake out where they hyped up a proper Metroid game and then turns it around into Federation Force.
It's not even remotely comparable to Nuts and Bolts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM
>>
>>323666213
HOLD IT
as shown in the manga tie in for Zero Mission, Ridley personally lead the invasion of Samus' home planet. She even met him, face to face.

So how can she have met babby Ridley as an adult?!

Also how in the fuck do you go from cute and fluffy baby like that to terrifiying rape dragon?
>>
>>323666213
The reveal that Ridley metamorphosed from a goofy looking little bird thing is probably the only actually charming thing that came out of Other M besides Anthony.
I'm willing to accept those two things as canon and absolutely nothing else.
>>
>>323660983
Just like there's gonna be new F-Zero games, right?
>>
I just want to jump and shoot aliens in a maze, is that so hard?
>>
>>323665273
Whoa.

That fucking neck.
>>
>>323657981
Even Amiibo Festival wasn't F2P.
This won't be.
>>
>>323666414
Because they accidentally cloned him when they were taking metroid DNA samples from Samus' suit.
And Ridley's species has a weird development cycle because he's an alien dragon, they don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>323666458

I've actually come to accept the furry infant state and find it endearing now.

Anthony is nothing special but he's the only character with a hint of emotion in his voice and that appears in more than two scenes. Making him a shining beacon in that cesspool of a cast.
>>
>>323667730
>Pre-Other M release
>REMEMBAH ME posting everywhere

I miss those simpler times.
>>
>>323667836
We had hope then...
>>
>>323663542
The guy who was in charge of visuals in the Iwata Asks where it's mentioned told him it was stupid and didn't feel good being made to do it.
Sometimes the guy above you has too much power and you have to do what they say anyway.
>Morisawa:Yes! (laughs) So I told him 'she's wearing the Gravity Suit, that's why she's purple'. His response, however, was 'but it looks strange to have this purple person popping up during such a serious conversation'. It would then become an exchange along the lines of me saying 'But this is the specification!' and him responding 'No, no, definitely strange'.

>Iwata: Ha ha! (laughs)

>Morisawa: So we'd consult Kitaura-san as well, but he'd also say 'yes, purple really is strange'. All I could think was 'Huh?! So what should we do now?' These kinds of specifications had been there from the very beginning, from before my time, but they'd just say 'No, we definitely want Samus in orange here'. I just groaned and put my head in my hands.

>Iwata: It sounds like you had the ladder pulled out from under you. (laughs) So how did you resolve the situation?

>Morisawa: Basically, I brought out various color patterns, trying to push them back towards purple a little bit, but they couldn't agree to that, saying it was orange they wanted. In the end, therefore, we decided to indicate that the gravity features are attached to the suit by making the green lights on Samus's chest glow a purple-like pink when the gravity features are unlocked.

>Iwata: So in other words, the suit color stayed orange, but the color of the lights on her chest changed to a purplish pink?

>Morisawa: Yes. We explained this clearly in the manual, but as the person entrusted with the visual settings of Metroid, it just didn't sit right with me.
>>
>let's make Metroid kiddie baby halo ripoff
Metroid was never exactly a mature game for mature gamers such as myself, but it had a certain tone and atmosphere which was an important part of the games.
How can they call this a Metroid game when it looks like Duplo?
>>
>>323669873
It's likely a budget reason. How many games can you think of on the 3DS that use that super deformed style? Or better yet, count how many games used more fleshed out models that you typically see in full console of PC games.

It's just become a lazy out for developers, since the system is capable of more. I mean hell, Hunters was, in my book anyway, the best looking DS game ever made. I can't think of anything better, and to have them make something that, graphically, looks only marginally better, and stylistically, looks a lot worse, is a slap in the face.
>>
File: HGCSM_010e.png (575KB, 1060x1620px) Image search: [Google]
HGCSM_010e.png
575KB, 1060x1620px
>>323669873
I guess maybe they wanted to take advantage of it being a spinoff by doing something you'd never be allowed to do with a mainline Metroid game, stylistically speaking.
It's not exactly the first time Metroid's done a less serious SD style.
>>
>>323668518
Ridiculous, but that's the type of thing we have to cope with when we grow up
>>
>>323659914
>Someone actually posted this.

I have this game, I enjoy it. The bosses were fuck ton hard though.
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.