[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a new Chrono game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: index.jpg (10KB, 312x161px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 312x161px
So we didn't hear anything in 2015, but will 2016 be the year that we get news of a third Chrono game in development?

I mean, surely they've had to have thought about it a little bit. Square's 2015 E3 hype video even had Frog's theme and Chrono Trigger sound effects playing in the background. WHY would they do that if the Chrono games weren't on their radar?

Is it safe to dream yet?
>>
>>323629374
This game will see light's day before Europe gets rid of his immigration problem

someday
>>
Spiritual successor already in the works. There have been trailers and gameplay footage from shows but the name escapes me
>>
>>323629374
I hope not, Cross was fucking awful and ruined Triggers plot.
>>
>>323629374
Instant purchase for me. I've dreamed a tad too long though and it's a "if it ever happens, I'm there, but I'm not holding my breath" thing now.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (1021KB, 733x1000px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
1021KB, 733x1000px
>>323629374
>Will we ever get a new Chrono game?
Nope. How many times have we been over this?

Also posting best girl
>>
episodic chrono trigger remake

introduction of each time period is a different episode
>>
File: 2014_cake_fieri123.0.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2014_cake_fieri123.0.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
Do you honestly want a new Chrono game by modern Squenix?
>>
>>323630758
>Get on your favorite timeline only for the small fee of $59,99 each.

Eff Off
>>
>>323630452
Say what you will, but I loved CC. How did it ruin the plot? I thought it was given a hell of a lot more complexity than most games thanks to CC. The good guys didn't "win," just changed the cards a bit. They were dealing with forces they only barely understood- it's little wonder that some of their many ripples had unexpected effects. Whats more, I loved that CC had different characters, that it wasn't a "direct" sequel, because all too often you see the heroes just so happen to be in the right place and time, all the time. For the Chrono series, the original heroes weren't in the right place and time for the sequel's events. What's more, some of them couldn't be.
>>
>>323630452
Found the guy who didn't understand chrono cross
>>
>>323630452
>I hope not, Cross was good and ruined Trigger's plot
Fixed that for you. It wasn't really a good sequel to Trigger but on its own, it was a perfectly decent game.
>>
>>323630890
Yes.

I'm not an edgy contrarian like you so I would LOVE a new chrono game by today's squenix
>>
No Toriyama no buy
>>
>>323631246
You know you'd buy it if it turned out awesome
>>
>>323630230
http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/16/project-setsuna-gets-its-first-trailer-and-new-title/

Project Setsuna
>>
>>323631695
>>323630230
Can you faggots cut this crap?

I'm looking forward to setsuna too but it's not a damn chrono game, or even a "spiritual successor."
>>
>>323632093
Not necessarily a spiritual successor but its supposed to run the the same vein as 90s jrpgs with lots of tragedy and turn based gameplay in isometric view
>>
>>323631032
I keep hearing this.
Can I play Cross as something like a spiritual successor without getting offended by the story?
How much does it tread on Trigger? How much of Cross' story is involved with its predecessor's? Is it little enough to ignore? I'm genuinely interested because Trigger's plot was so simple.
>>
>>323632093
No one said a chrono game. That's not what spiritual successor means.

It's got CT style ATB with enemies on map and time travel elements. It's made by Squaresoft. It looks like a traditionally styled RPG otherwise.
>>
>>323632093
Exactly!
>>
File: LithosphereReport.png (72KB, 464x240px) Image search: [Google]
LithosphereReport.png
72KB, 464x240px
>>323632267
Cross' gets a bit convoluted if you're considering it alongside and interacting with Trigger's plot. Still, I love it, and frankly you can ignore a lot of the time and space mumbo jumbo and just play the game for a fairly whimsical (and depressing) plot.

Plot summaries exist if you'd like, but heck yeah you can play the game without getting frazzled. too many people are stubborn regarding CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGvMicAOqc
>>
>>323629374
Setsuna of Sacrifice is as close to a spiritual successor as you could get. And it's out this month in Japan and looks fantastic, get hype
>>
File: 3-tower12.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3-tower12.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>323633024
Same guy: seriously, CC is bar none one of my favorite games of all time. So many nods and homages to CT, while keeping CC a game in its own right.
>>
>>323632267
Cross is directly related to trigger. Cross deals with, in part, the consequences of Crono's adventures across time. For example, they picked a fight with dalton in the zeal kingdom and he gets his revenge after trigger by ensuring Guardia's downfall. Marle's kingdom doesn't even exist anymore in cross because of it.

Cross also impacts trigger somewhat. Because of serge's contact with the frozen flame, when he dies as a child, a whole new world splits off wherein crono never defeated lavos and the future is still doomed. The main plot of Cross ultimately deals with the idea of reuniting the two alternate worlds and creating a singular timeline again where the future is safe
>>
>>323633378
>Because of serge's contact with the frozen flame, when he dies as a child, a whole new world splits off wherein crono never defeated lavos

Pretty sure that's wrong and doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>323633378
Safe. Without outside interference. Forces plot to ensure that their ideal timeline makes it out in the end, the main characters included.
>>
>>323633665
Nope. You're the one who is wrong.
>>
>>323633757
Serge was born 3 years after Crono's journey began and concluded. How the fuck would he have any impact on whether or not Lavos was defeated?
>>
>>323633939
Because the alternate world was created years after Serge's birth. The future in home world was doomed as a direct result of the split that was performed in order to save Serge from death.
>>
>>323634130
Doesn't make any sense since Lavos was dead before Serge was even born.
>>
>>323629374
Why do you want one? Why can a classic game just be left alone? It's great as it is, why do you want to rape it and ruin it's legacy forever with more sequels and spinoffs? Just look what Square Enix did to the FF games with sequels and spinoffs.

You faggots are the reason nothing original gets made anymore and why every beloved franchise has devolved into inane vapid shit.
>>
>all these losers never played Crimson Echos

You honestly saved yourself from an awful experience. I doubt modern SE could do much better.
>>
>>323634297
Different timelines dude

https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Complete_Chronology.html

>-Due to Serge's survival, the future averted by Crono in which Lavos destroys
the world comes back into existence, causing Chronopolis to cease to exist.
>>
File: JohnnyCross.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyCross.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>323633665
Wasn't going to say it, but I second this. That timeline could, potentially, have come to pass. Potentially. All part of the plot.
>>
>>323635008
Well, at least it still doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>323634884
Flames of Eternity, mate. It's the same (beautiful) rom hack made better still. Nearly the same script, but with several glitches worked on, new sprites hacked into the game (a proper Human Glen sprite set), etc.

In any case, Crimson Echoes' plot is superb as a Chrono Trigger 1.5 game. Fan fiction or not, they did a great job of remaining true to the source material and not making TOO much of their own stuff. Several of the elements in Chrono Trigger DS feel the same way to me- Crimson Echoes *feels* official, even while it isn't. All hail King Zeal.
>>
>>323635551
>Crimson Echoes' plot is superb as a Chrono Trigger 1.5 game

No it isn't. It's complete trash. That C&D would have been a huge favor if those faggots hadn't leaked it anyway.
>>
>>323635645
K.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 471x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 471x320px
>>323631246
>mfw when Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Crono
>>
>>323629374
No and I don't want it, even during it's golden age Square managed to fuck it all with cross, I don't even want to imagine what modern square would do
>>
>>323636261
Cross was fantastic, fuck off.
>>
>>323636125
>mfw when
I see what you did there, anon.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (39KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
39KB, 900x900px
>>323636449
Chrono Trigger fanboys are the worst.
>>
Nostalgia goggles aside, Cross is actually a better and more fun game than Trigger. It's a shame nostalgiafags insist on denying it.
>>
>>323633315
HD remaster fucking when. CT is on so many platforms and CC is only on the PS1.
>>
>>323637504
Cross is on US PSN as a classic but yeah it could use a remaster for sure.
>>
>>323637661
I wasn't aware of it being on PSN, thanks.
>>
After the fucking garbage that was Chrono Cross I pray to God that no.
>>
>>323637504
Right? Good LORD, the backgrounds in that PlayStation ONE game are phenomenal! I would honestly buy framed prints of many of those. The backgrounds. We can argue up and down about vidya being art or not, but there is undeniably good art that goes into video games.

>Dat soundtrack
>>
>>323638267
What is it with people hating CC so much? Is it the old bit from back when it was released? People pissed it wasn't a "direct" sequel with the exact same characters and settings in 3D?
>>
>>323639397
The backgrounds in it blow me away every time i see them.
>>
>>323639521
They just have shit taste anon
>>
File: home_divine_dragon_falls.png (142KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
home_divine_dragon_falls.png
142KB, 512x512px
>>323639602
I mean, seriously, look at this! No idea why they didn't sell prints of this stuff.

Out of curiosity, how do the rest of you feel about Magus not being in the game as originally planned? How about the other characters, the fact that CC does not involve the exact same group as before?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.