[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /v/erdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: Mario-Luigi-Paper-Jam.png (318KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mario-Luigi-Paper-Jam.png
318KB, 1000x500px
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
>>323626454
It's okay.
>>
>>323626984
/thread
>>
Will buy it most likely buy it when it comes out in NA.

I remember a while back someone said,
>"I really want to hate this game, but I can't 9/10"
Some shit like that, people really like the game so far.
>>
>>323626454
Not bad. Not great.
>>
Dream Team is the only M&L game that I never finished. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first 3 for whatever reason.

This one looks a lot like Dream Team mixed with Sticker Star, which is a huge turn-off for me.
>>
>>323626454
Dream Team is the worst in the series
>>
>>323626454
Not many people on this sub have played it. It's supposedly fine though. I'm not really a fan of the M&L RPGs so I'll skip it. Dream Team left a really bad taste in my mouth.
>>
Meh
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 309x456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 309x456px
>>323628349
>sub
>>
>>323628349
>sub
what
>>
>>323628518
Don't give it attention.
>>
>>323628012 (OP)
shit tier
>>
>>323628518
>>323628563
It's the cool new meme. Don't reply to it and we might be able to nip it in the bud.
>>
>>323628563
>>323628518
Sub-board.
>>
>>323628349
>>323628518
>>323628563

Could this be the start of an epic new meme?
>>
Just finished it.
It was pretty good.
Part of me wants to 100% it to get 8 excellents at the end, but I don't think I'd get anything for it.
Paper Peach X Peach is cute.
>>
Fucking Flyguys Toad Challenges.

I hate fucking stealth sections.

FUCK
>>
The Mario & Luigi series has just about run its course. It either needs to end with the next game (if there will be one) or do something to make the combat system even better. The main issue is that the speed of the first two games is lost. Now we have these ridiculously long pseudo-platforming/chase segments for boss attacks and all that shit. Also, find something to replace Bros. Attacks/Items. They render regular combat completely pointless. It's not strategic and it's very dull to execute a fairly simple special attack each and every turn if you want the fight to be over in less than ten minutes.
>>
One stupid thing is that you can literally walk past one of Mario's bro moves and even finish the game without it. Had to go back near the end to get it.
>>
>>323628518
LOTERIA!
>>
>>323628764
Question for you and anyone else who's played paper jam
Is paper jam significantly less handhold-y than dream team (assuming you've played it)? The tutorials and handholding were obnoxious, to the point that your companion would straight up tell you what buttons to press when you come across a new puzzle. Every single new mechanic, no matter how small, always required a 5 minute tutorial + text explanation minimum
>>
>>323628968
>Now we have these ridiculously long pseudo-platforming/chase segments for boss attacks and all that shit.
Those are fucking great.
I've been playing Superstar Saga again and quite honestly, the enemy patterns are too simple and frankly boring.

Also investing into POW is fucking broken. Killing bosses in 2-3 turns.
>>
>>323629827
All tutorials and dialogue now have a skip button. So whenever you don't wanna ehar a tutorial you can just skip right off it.

Plus while the game is still easier than the old M&Ls, the bosses are way more tough than DT, as their attacks do much more damage so dodging and countering becomes much more important. The fights with the Koopalings are a great example as they can really dish out the pain if you don't counter and dodge correctly.
>>
>>323629827
There's one mandatory tutorial in the entire game
>>
>>323630182
>Plus while the game is still easier than the old M&Ls
Are you sure man? Cause Superstar Saga is pretty fucking easy. And BiS is definitely easier than DT.
>>
>>323629827
Yes WAY BETTER.
Only the one new thing has a forced tutorial and it is pretty quick. There are also very quick ones for the terrain moving moves Every cutscene has you be able to hold R to speed it up.

All old things and bro moves are instead added to a guide you check in your own time, There is almost no tutorial.

>>323630216
>THat fucking final Koopa battle one shot ball
>>
>>323630182
>>323630216
>>323630332
Thank god, good to know
>>
>>323630182
>Easier
Honestly, I find it the hardest game of the series. Maybe i'm underleveled 20s on the King Boo fight but it is a challenging game. Loving it so far.
How long is it? As I said, i'm on the King Boo fight
>>
>>323630531
A bit yet. I'd say your about 2/3 of the way in.
>>
>>323630332
That's good to know, the tutorials where the only thing keeping dream team from being my favorite in the series.
>>
I'll buy it just to see if there's a post-game Easter egg confirming what happened to the Bowser Jrs. and how they're taking it.
>>
>>323631417
This actually go to me
Like all the characters died. Literally. The two magic guys on the broom, all the Kooperlings and both Bowser juniors got fucking popped. Bowser is the only one confirmed to have not died after his battle. Fucking Mario and Luigi are stone cold fucking killers
>>
>>323628018

I recently picked up Dream Team again after dropping it due to frequent tutorials, but after playing it again I think what I dislike the most about it isn't the tutorials, it's the padding.

I picked it up at the beach section and so far it's been:

>find 3 dream eggs to hide Peach in the dream world
>each dream egg opens a separate section of dream you have to go through
>afterwards you have to collect 5 pieces of the ultimate bed
>one part involves breaking an arbitrary number of rocks for no reason

I guarantee you half of that shit could have been dropped.

Also, what the fuck is pic related still doing hanging around in Paper Jam? Her purpose was fulfilled in Bowser's Inside Story and just seems to be a waste in Dream Team, so why the fuck is she still here? She's now in more M&L games than not.
>>
>>323628968

One thing I absolutely hated about Dream Team was how lots of the Bros./Luiginary attacks seemed to gimmick on the 3D/gyro of the 3DS. I get that it's Nintendo and shoving some kind of gimmick into each game for their console is their thing, but god it was obnoxious.
>>
>>323626454
Make the old style of paper mario games again
>>
>>323632102
Her writing got better in PJ tho. But still, I don't get her unreasonable hate for Luigi
>>323632312
The gyro was dropped on PJ, even on returning attacks
>>
>>323632102
No way Starlow is cute as fuck.
I just wish she was a bit nicer to Luigi.
When she gets super mad though I think it is kind of hot.

>We Luigi RPG now
best pep talk
>>
>>323632364

Won't ever happen. Even if Paper Mario comes back, the golden age of Nintendo RPGs is long past.

Personally I would rather see it die a small, honorable death than get subjected to the horrible milk-it-until-it's-a-shell-of-it's-former-self death that seems to be befalling literally every series nowadays.
>>
It feels more like New Super Mario and Luigi plus Sticker Paper Mario then a real Mario and Luigi game, generic toads are the only ones you talk to, the world is very uninteresting, the jokes are just verbal abuse towards Luigi and all the bosses come from Sticker Star or New Super Mario Brothers, not a single original boss anywhere in the game and finally, The final boss battle is garbage. Bigger Bowser in bowser armor. That's the best transformation they could come up with after we got shit like Dreamy Bowser?

Peach seemed to of lost a bunch of her IQ points and her powers from the previous games as well because all she does is bitch and complain instead of trying to do something.

Very by the books game and unless you like the Koopalings finally speaking and Bowser Jr getting a "Muh daddy's an idiot and the elite minions think I'm a loser" backstory this Mario and Luigi isn't worth it, I place it up there with Partners in Time as the worse in the franchise.
>>
File: 1450574302687.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450574302687.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>Game comes out in less than 2 weeks in NA
>Still haven't seen any spoilers

Why did it take so long to get this game localized? Isn't the game already in English?
>>
>>323634317
Outdated memes take time, anon.
>>
>>323634317
Paper Luigi fucking dies
>>
>>323634317
They really isn't much to spoil about a Mario RPG when you think about it enough.

Also.

>Why is it taking so long
NoA gotta see how much they can fuck it up.
>>
>>323626454
Good overall. Better than DT and PiT, not as legendary as SS or BIS though.
>>
>>323628184
That's Partners in Time, Dream Team is a close second.
>>
I've never played a Mario RPG before, but I adore Paper Mario 1 and 2.
Will I like this game?
>>
>>323634131
When do the elites ever treat Junior like he's a loser? They treat him like he's annoying and not worth listening to, but I didn't get the vibe that Junior thought people lacked confidence in him.
>>
>>323636196

Why is Partners in Time so hated? DT I understand because of the lackluster story and tutorials, but I remember liking PiT a fair bit though I was a lot younger when I first played it
>>
>>323628968
Mario RPG 2 needs two happen.
>>
>>323631417
Everyone poofed outside of battle so im prity sure everyone died.
>>
>>323637291
Yeah, but HE didn't. The last we see of them they're unpoofed and still feebly warning their dads to grab the book as fast as they can
>>
>>323634131
>place it up there with Partners in Time as the worse in the franchise.

>tfw PiT is the only M&L I liked enough to finish.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.