[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can such a sophisticated game be so damn boring ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

File: Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (187KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png
187KB, 300x369px
How can such a sophisticated game be so damn boring ?
>>
because its a shitty cash shop game
>>
Because it doesn't have any memorable characters and the heists were shit.
>>
i think it's pretty fun to be honest my family
>>
>>323607910
I bought it 5 days ago, and I'm still trying to download it. What the fuck is going on with rockst ars download client?
>>
>remove all the good redeeming qualities of what made gta4 somewhat enjoyable
>dumb down the controls and game mechanics a bit and I'm not talking about driving/handling

wa la, you got yourself a triple aaa title nobody will bother playing or remember in the coming years

I still think the singleplayer was worth the 60 dollars however.
>>
File: 1450357576574.png (84KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1450357576574.png
84KB, 240x228px
>>323608230
>PC """GAMING"""
>>
>>323608265
>triple aaa
>aaaaaaaaa
accurate description of the game
>>
>>323608265
>remove all the good redeeming qualities of what made gta4 somewhat enjoyable

so they removed nothing at all. gta 4 is a turd
>>
>>323608730
It was way more enjoyable somehow in my very honest opinion.
>>
>>323608730
>so they removed nothing at all. gta 4 is a turd

Multiplayer sure was, you got me there bud. That and the shooting, melee and parkour.

Still salty that they didn't have kooky jetpacks and ayyliens?
>>
>>323608265
gta4 was garbage u turbofag
>>
File: 1444269988964.jpg (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1444269988964.jpg
68KB, 500x375px
>>323608230

They are all busy with GTAOnline

That's what you get for not buying off of steam.
>>
>>323608956
I wanted to, but a friend offered his rs account with a couple of games, including gtav for 10 bucks in total.
>>
>>323608730
>All of the tech that went on how NPC reacted when you shooted them was awesome
>RDR had this same thing.
>GTAV, expect to have this, but improved.
>They take the bullets, stop shooting at you for 0.1 seconds, start shooting again.
What the fuck goyim?
>>
>>323609308
whaaat, it doesn't have that?! i still haven't played. disappointing.
>>
holy shit shut the fuck up you contrarian faggots, when this came out it was legitimately one of the most amazing games ever made and everyone enjoyed it. Just stop with the edgy opinions, everyone here knows it was at worst, an 8/10.

>muh trivial nitpicking
>muh niggers
>>
>>323609554

Civilians also apparently get a heart attack when you shoot them in the leg and die inmediately.
>>
>>323609664
You werent here for the release, were you?

Everyone complained about the story, the goycards and the multiplayer geared towards selling cards or forcing you to grind. Them nerfing any rewards that gave too much money. Banning people for modding the game and giving themselves money.
>>
>>323609664
Are you high? Everybody saw the game as wasted potential and Rockstars first "big" fuck up
>>
>>323608017

>playing online
>>
>>323608265
>remove all the good things
>still good tho, worth 60 bucks
>>
>>323608265
>wa la

Is this a meme or are you retarded
>>
The singleplayer is great. People who complain about GTA V are the poor souls who've suffered the horrors of the online multiplayer.
>>
File: 1439035469578.jpg (6KB, 86x124px) Image search: [Google]
1439035469578.jpg
6KB, 86x124px
>>323607910
wasted too many resources on online multiplayer bullshit. could've threw in the gym, more random events, more stores, more robbery mechanics, more heists, actually being able to rob places, robbing houses, more stock market manipulation, just more crime related activities in general besides a close-to-home feel-good story of personal evolution and retribution with one 'zany' dude that actually fits the GTA archetype.
>>
File: 1446912415509.jpg (95KB, 413x533px) Image search: [Google]
1446912415509.jpg
95KB, 413x533px
>>323608265
gta iv was the worst gta of all time so far

but still, on topic: they've fallen prey to their own success.
they games have become souless games that no matter how many content you add it always feels empty... i got misled by the media/foruns/etc that said this was goty and one of the best games ever released - then the pc version came out and i checked what the true meaning of false hype was.

>tl;dr: most AAA franchises i loved are becoming souless husks of what they were and ironically they're becoming more and more successful the worst and simpler they get
>>
>>323610831
They actually nerfed the stock market

In single player
>>
>>323607910
It tries to entertain too hard, when it lacks a core gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>323608265
How was V gameplay anything else than direct update of IV? Story and music might be worse, but gameplay?
>>
>>323610551
Lmao no they fucking didnt. And now everyone is acting like gta 4 is some masterpiece. You faggots are like clockwork
>>
File: drive_poster_abdu2.jpg (193KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
drive_poster_abdu2.jpg
193KB, 690x690px
Despite its flaws GTAV is one of the most well-polished games I've played?
>>
>>323609308
I don't even understand why they made that physics system they made when they only made 2 games that used it. 3 if you count the Tennis game they made.
>>
>>323608093
I felt a few heists were pretty fun

but overall I thought thered be more
>>
>>323608869
GTAIV multiplayer was much less about grinding and just about having fun
>>
>>323607910
it's not

you're just no fun
>>
>>323611370
L.A. Noire had the same thing, goyim.
So 4 games.
>>
>>323611585
I thought they made a whole new engine for LA Noire with the facial capture shit?
>>
>>323611270
i dont know, anon. is it?
>>
>>323611270

Dunno man I mean that's your personal opinion, why are you asking me?
>>
>>323607910
open world criminal genre got old and stale.

the core gameplay has been the same since GTA3, with incremental improvements up until GTA4 where they started taking some steps backward in regard. GTA5 was both a gameplay and somewhat a graphical backward step from 4, hoping to capitalize at least on online multiplayer but it ended up being a poorly handled Jackass simulator.

feels a bit like halo or pokemon in that now you just go in knowing exactly what to expect and it diligently delivers, but thats it
>>
>>323611260
Anons always argued that GTA 4 was the superior game given how the cars actually handled differently and the AI was less omnipotent.

Are you sure you were even here, or did you just start posting around the time of the rerelease?
>>
File: 1448347027170.png (248KB, 588x419px) Image search: [Google]
1448347027170.png
248KB, 588x419px
>>323607910
>sophisticated
It is pretty fun though, besides cops being unbearably antifun

>>323611178
>music in V
>worse than IV
Not possible. IV had the worst radio of any GTA game to date.
Online could use more of freemode fun instead of focusing on separate heist lobbies and shit, it really breaks up the flow of interaction
>>
File: 1449270376189.jpg (76KB, 440x587px) Image search: [Google]
1449270376189.jpg
76KB, 440x587px
>>323608093
meh.. it had its moments but they weren't enough to keep me hooked at least to the point of me actually ending the game.

but i have to say this part of the game was actually very touching for some reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6To3CZZyD8c

also, the VA was pretty neat and i kinda liked the white rich guy and the crazy sorandumxD psychopath; also, so far gta's series are the best ones when it comes to using songs in their games. but those songs might be what keeps the game from evolving, since it's what's wasting more resources right after advertising.
so the largest part of the budget goes direct for things that have nothing to do with the actual game.
>>
>>323607910
Le American Parody got too old like three or four games ago. Terrible cast of characters and story. Big ass playground with nothing to do. This open world games are such a fucking waste.

Just make a Nigger/Spic simulator and that would be endlessly more entertaining.
>>
Just a "meh" game.

When I finished the story, I put it down and maybe put in about another few hours over the next week before selling it.

Just kinda bland. The gameplay mechanics were easy, I felt I had to intentionally gimp myself to enjoy it. Pretty sure I played nearly the entire game with sparse usage of an MP5 but primarily a 9mm pistol.
>>
>>323611686
>>323611696
>GTA5 was both a gameplay and somewhat a graphical backward step from 4
I honestly can't believe that I'm reading this

When GTA4 was released people bitched and moaned about how the cars handled like boats and how it suffered from teh gritty grey realism trend

Now it's
>B-BUT WE ALWAYS LIKED GTA 4!
Fuck off, your new is showing
>>
>>323611651
I may be remembering it wrong, but I remember that the shooting was as fun as the one in GTA4.
>>
>>323607910

Terrible balance between fun/realism/difficulty
>>
I liked GTA V and GTA IV
>>
>>323610831
I completely forgot about the stock market. It was broken in online forever. Did they ever fix it?
>>
>>323611476
The whole Mafia gamemode was much better than anything on GTA Online and didn't need load screens every ten seconds.
>>
>>323612009
WOW, LOOK AT HIM, HE LIKES BOTH, HE'S SO UNIQUE AND CUTE.
>>
Because it's not Bully 2.
>>
>tfw replaying GTA4 right now
It truly is the GTA magnum opus. There certainly is a lot less side activity to engage in, but literally everything that GTA4 and GTA5 share, GTA4 does better.
>>
>>323612030
stock market was never intended to be in GTA online
>>
>>323611696
bullshit
Everyone constantly complained about the driving feeling like it was on ice skates, and every car felt like a boat. The story was boring and not LOL WACKY enough. The gameplay was too "realistic". Let's not fucking pretend like people weren't constantly saying the game was shit purely because of the friends system. Everyone acted like it was the biggest travesty in the franchise.

You fagots are literal hipsters
>>
>>323611913
When did I say always? I said it's what people argued. Stop trying to debate like a shill.

I personally hated the way vehicles handled in 4, but 5 went too far in the other direction in making everything handle exactly the same. And the driving wasn't even the worst part of GTA V. What killed it for me were the payout nerf and need to grind to keep up in a game where new content was progressively more expensive - no doubt to sell shark cards.
>>
>Make GTA IV
>Take away the I
>Stop working on in depth NPC movements/deaths
>Listen to worst GTA fans and make driving like Saints Row
>Create promising story and completely drop the ball after GTA Online
>Create a map with 70% forests and put nothing in them
>Copy and paste gameplay mechanics/movement from GTA III gen and GTA IV gen and call it a day
>Make GTA Online a laggy loading grindfest
>Still believing and working on GTA Online even though it was dead before it started
>>
>>323611913
>muh cars handle like boats
>I can't go as fast as I want all the time and I actually have to use the handbrake and compensate for street grading!
Oh boy
>>
>>323611913
>>323612380
Nigga you've gotta let the boats go, you were traumatized by the bantz
>>
>>323611913
>The story was boring and not LOL WACKY enough.
>The gameplay was too "realistic".
This are some of the reasons why I dislike GTAV
Also:
>/v/ is one person.
>>
>>323612420
Holy shit the driving is nothing like saints row
>>
>>323612247
>but literally everything that GTA4 and GTA5 share, GTA4 does better.
I can agree on this. And I love 5.

>>323612380
I've been defending 4's driving since 2009, even here on 4chan. Try again, familia.
>>
>>323612595

Not that guy but it definitely is more like saints row in GTA V than other GTA games.
>>
>>323612595
>Holy shit the driving is nothing like saints row
Not him, but the collisions are. SR1 and 2 anyway.
>>
Physics and ragdolls were way better in IV

Running over peds, blowing shit up, even just intentionally crashing and watching Niko tumble 130 m down the street was satisfying as fuck, but you can't do that anymore.

The city was boring as a gameworld though
>>
>>323612530
Literally this, when I discovered I could do that I escaped the police like it was nothing and went on rampages with the cars, shit was fun.
>>
>>323607910
They casualised it for everyone to enjoy as it makes them rich as fuck.
They don't need overly complex or large missions, activities and heists when the people with the money can't even handle the basic missions.
All their technology goes to waste in the end.
>>
GTA 5 had too many ideas and too many writers. It's not focused. There are so many characters and side-stories that go nowhere all while most missions are the same uninspired shit. They spent way too much time telling a story that's not good to begin with. Gameplay was pretty much just an after thought. If these people could get away with having no gameplay in the game, they would do it. They would make Telltale like games.
Michael pisses off a gang leader and it seems like the story is going into an interesting direction, then it gets resolved. The plot point is completely dropped. Then the guy shows up only as a plot device to justify moving to the countryside.
Trevor finds out Michael is alive and you think this guy is going to wreak havok. This guy is going to show up and murder Michael. Nope, he shows up and they team up to do generic missions. It's like the entire sub-plot of Michael faking his death became irrelevant.
The car dealer was a pretty cool character. He gets dumped after three missions.
Franklin has an aunt and an ex-gf. These characters go nowhere and only show up one or two times. They don't do anything, they just wasted your time..
None of the stories really go anywhere. The three main characters have no consistency. One moment Trevor is a psychopathic drug addict who should be feared, the other moment he's an XD randumb clown you're supposed to laugh at.
>>
>Tfw loved GTA4
>Tfw loved the driving
>Tfw the movement was so gud and felt heavy and real
>Tfw 4chan and the internet hated it
>Tfw they say they liked the SA wackyness and physics better
>Tfw thats exactly what they got in GTA5
>Tfw now they dont like it
>Tfw they still wont admit GTA4 was fun as shit
>>
The best thing GTA V did was the flying. Not the helicopters, though, just the planes. Taking off and landing is smooth as fuck and you can actually tame the hydra this time around. The shooting it great too but wasted on poorly designed ai.
>>
I played the first five or so missions, free roamed a bit, and never touched it again. Such a colossal waste of money. It controls like molasses, gameplay's fully explored within the fucking tutorial.
>>
>>323612984
>tfw you don't read the thread
>tfw you still think /v/ is one person
>>
>>323612984
I know this feel too well.
Then that faggot comes in and claims VC is the best it ever got.
>>
File: 1438928697754.jpg (26KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
1438928697754.jpg
26KB, 615x615px
I probably have over 500+ hours logged with my gang. That shit is the best with other people.
>>
>>323607910
I find it very fun. I remember when I was like 5 years old and my cousin's were playing GTA Vice city, I was very fascinated by the freedom you had in the game to just wonder around the city and do whatever you wanted. To me it was something very new. I loved all the soundtracks and being able to shoot shit up. I found myself using my imagination A LOT and today in gta v I can do that in a much more modern advance way compared to gta vice city. Sometimes I dress up my character as Isis and terrorize the dessert area and get into a battle with cops or sometimes I dress like the FBI and just use my imagination to create some story for myself. I love the GTA games for these things. Gta will always be one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>323612934
>franklin's ex gf barely appears twice.

This so much, now that's an interesting plot point since franklin really loves her but doesn't do jack shit about it and then he goes from being a poorfag nigger to a richfag with a house in the vinewood hills and she barely gives a damn.
>>
File: PNG..png (1KB, 66x7px) Image search: [Google]
PNG..png
1KB, 66x7px
>>323613584
>>
>tfw you have gotten so old people now say GTA IV was the best

Every time for nearly every series nostalgia fags claim the one before was better because they had fonder memories playing it and are therefore carrying bias opinions. The only time I never heard people complain about a GTA installment was when 3 came out. People even complained about SA because they either liked Vice City's aesthetic or because of the black protag. There is no please nostalgia fags.
>>
>>323614519
Some of us have been saying this shit since GTA4 came out. You either don't remember, weren't here, or have severe confirmation bias.
>>
>>323612603
>if i didnt do it it didnt happen
alright famalam.
>>323612540
that other guy isnt even me
and i'm just talking, i like both games. but we cant sit here and pretend /v/ doesn't always do this shit where the previous game is suddenly better if they aren't okay with a newer release
>>
>>323614146
Oh shit, you too? My gang dressed up as Batman characters, then various pop singers and other shit.
>>
>>323614920
>if i didnt do it it didnt happen

Never claimed that it didn't happen, retard. Read. I'm pointing out that a lot of people enjoyed GTA4 when it came out and still do. To stand up and act as if literally everyone felt one way or the other is stupid and revisionist history. GTA4 was a polarizing game.
>>
File: GTA SA is scary.webm (910KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GTA SA is scary.webm
910KB, 640x480px
>>323614146
>>323615054
GOAT San Andreas minigame:

>Turn on peds with weapons
>turn on recruitable peds
>Recruit 4 peds
>turn on always midnight
>turn on storm or sandstorm, your choice
>drive out to the middle of nowhere
>pick a spot on the map to drive to--I usually pick Grove Street
>turn on the "everyone attacks player" cheat
>Your goal is now to survive with your crew until you get to the spot you picked out. Bonus points for each crew member alive as well as if you make it back in the car you took

I usually recruit a ragtag group of peds to give it a "zombie movie" feel. Or you can recruit peds with the weapons you want. It's up to you. Enjoy.
>>
>>323614920
>/v/
>is
>one
>person

KEK

/v/ here, you're a faggot.
>>
File: HappyPepe.png (147KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
HappyPepe.png
147KB, 396x385px
GTA V is the best game in history. :^) its earned its place there and there is no changing that. No other gamer will ever live up to it or beat its records. Only GTA VI may be able to top that but GTA V is the sole king of vidya. Every game strives to be what GTA V was and even Kojima was devastated at how much better GTA V was than his current work on MGSV. Infact he was even quoted as saying he was amazed at how alive and open GTAV's world was. He was so impressed/depressed by it he went out of his way to make MGSV open world.

GTA V will forever remain a fond memory in everyone's hearts as game that not even games such as undermeme can top with their attempts at good narrative.

Its just that good.

GTA V-Game of all time.
>>
File: 1440021498823.jpg (7KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1440021498823.jpg
7KB, 256x192px
>>323614519
this sounds archaic as fuck but when san andreas came out i hated it at first because i coudn't drive with the D pad anymore like in EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME. It made me lean forwards and backwards on motorcycles on accident and massively overcorrect and shit like that.

obviously the analog stick is better but I had a really hard time driving with it at first.
>>
>>323615772
this
>>
>>323611178
Shooting is fucking awful compared to GTA IV, almost everything feels like a pea shooter and they try to compensate this by just adding more pointless weapons, wow thanks rockstar another awful feeling assault rifle! Then there's obviously the damage system in 4, I'll give you the driving
>>
>>323615772
Here is your (You)
>>
>m-muh gta iv
>shitty boring brown town
>no planes
>shitty driving
>nothing but city
>no car modification
>no garage
>>
I've played about 8 missions and they've all been pretty boring.

>go drive here and listen to voice actors talking
>omg shoot these guys
>drive here

>drive here
>open train doors one by one
>watch dog attack man in cutscene
>drive here

>drive here
>watch animation of people fighting on boat
>drive home slowly

It gets better right?
>>
>>323612694
I've played both, and it's honestly different between the two
>>
>>323616797
>Muh gta v
>one lifeless town, then 25 km's of brown shit.
>heli's are literal shit-
>"I don't know how to use the brakes in a car so lets casualise this too"
>City and desert are both shit.
>First good thing in the game.
>Second good thing in the game.
>>323616925
No.
>>
>>323616925
first like 10 missions are nothing but tutorials ranging from the usual shit to controlling a dog you'll never bother with again
>>
Do you remember octupus cars in Cops and Robbers in GTAIV:MP? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
>>
>>323607910

every GTA is like that anon. After you do all the missions, you are left with an empty, bland open world.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.