[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Xbox One is about to become next watercooler What did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: cIknBem.gif (1MB, 294x305px) Image search: [Google]
cIknBem.gif
1MB, 294x305px
>Xbox One is about to become next watercooler

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>323557023

to this day I still don't fucking know

it was so out of context
>>
How do yall not know what that means?
>>
>>323557425
A watercooler, apart from the obvious would be the proverbial thing people gather around and discuss things.
But does that mean she implies people gather round an Xbox, and people talk about stuff not related to the xbox at all, or does she mean its a Watercooler topic?
>>
I think she meant to imply that the Xbox and the things on it will be what people talk about while gathered at the watercooler, but that isn't what she said.

What she said was that the Xbox will be the thing that people gather around to discuss things.

Which makes no goddamned sense.
>>
>>323557553
I think she meant both. Like you would use the xbox to socialize but also talk to your peers about xbox.

Xbox was meant to take over your entire world.
>>
maybe she wanted it to become a popular social forum. obviously couldn't say 'the next facebook' etc. for obvious reasons.
>>
What I don't get is this weird doublespeak Xbox has about friends. Like everyone's this hip social butterfly that never goes out and actually sees their friends. They just stay in a dark room and chat to people over the Internet.
>>
>>323557773
>Xbox was meant to take over your entire world
MS probably thought that saying should be taken literally at their E3 launch.
>>
>>323557847
Does Xbox one have any infrastructure that could do anything like that? did it have it at launch?
>>
>>323557023
The Kinect helps the NA gather information.
Just like a watercooler is where people stand around and talk gathering gossip in the workplace.
>>
>>323558164
Xbox One's pompousness at its prelaunch was so laughable.

So, their marketing team came up with the idea of the name "Xbox One" with the idea that people would call the first xbox 'xbox one', the second the 'xbox 360', or '360'. In their infinite genius, they honestly thought the name coined for the Xbox One would be 'The One'.
When people saw that first call of duty teaser with DOG GRAPHICS, and they started using the XBone, they went into full damage control for a long time, and eventually tried to change the message to make Xbone some kind of uplifting term.

That story is and will always be hilarious to me.
>>
>>323557023
What she meant was that the XBOXONE can be filled with water and used as a canteen .
>>
Would NeXtBox have been a better name?
>>
>>323558706
You know what, I bet they were so proud of the name "Xbox One", I bet they were devastated when people shortened it to Xbone.
>>
>>323558824
I really wonder what a microsoft marketing meeting is like.
>>
>>323558912
Next to watercooler
>>
>>323558912
Probably depressing as fuck since the launch of the xbone.
That first initial announcement would have been a mess to try and rectify, then they had that employee on twitter giving people shit about always online, then everytime sales numbers were announced the ps4 got a little more ahead eachtime.

Now I think the ps4 sales are litterally double the xbox's
>>
>ONE BILLION LIFETIME SALES
what the flying fuck
even the iPhone since it's first iteration in 2007 up to the present day hasn't sold that much
>>
>>323558912
>guys, guys, I got it now
>we make a console, and now pay attention, that requires you to always be online
>we should also NOT focus on the gaming aspect but on everything else
>I mean who has a PC at home to browse facebook or use netflix anyway
>Also, we call it the Xbox One since it will be the ONE thing you need, ain't that a genius name?
>Also, we should fire that guy who always has crazy ideas like "we should focus on bringing good games on the console and generating new IPs we could use to make our console unique and better than Sony's PS4"
>>
>Nobody has bought the water cooler DLC for Xbone yet
Kek
>>
>>323559316
nigger they didnt say "iphone". They said watercooler, its a huge industry
>>
>>323559862
as an expert in water cooling technologies and logistics involving their dispersal, I can confirm water coolers are big.
>>
>>323557023
It's going to sit there doing nothing and gathering dust.
>>
File: 1440836856797.png (877KB, 684x682px) Image search: [Google]
1440836856797.png
877KB, 684x682px
For those of you unemployed and detached from society, a "watercooler ___" is a term for hip things people at work discuss at the water cooler.
>>
She was talking to CEOs, not consumers. Just stupid executive buzzword garbage.
>>
>>323557023
Because it will be cold from never being turned on, thereby you can cool your water with it.
>>
>>323557023

Future generatons of ECKBAKSES are going to have a mineral water dispenser with ice built into it how can you not understand that jesus christ
>>
The Xbone reveal is so hilarious, it's like the hindenburg, only funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlaaRWss1OU
>>
File: 1452185029196.jpg (100KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1452185029196.jpg
100KB, 740x740px
Something people usually don't have inside their homes.
>>
>>323562401
apex kek
>>
>>323558912
This is typical of corporate strategy. A few fat headed execs conceive a retarded idea, and receive criticism either by ignoring the critics, talking condescendingly to them about motivation, or getting them out of the way or fired. The echo chamber continues until the public sees their dumb idea and starts laughing at them. The execs go through all the stages of grief, from denial to acceptance where they try to make the best of their failure, constantly trying to spin it into a quasi-success so they can rank higher up the ladder.

Sony won this generation by default, just for being un-retarded.
>>
It means women should stay the FUCK out of video games.
>>
>>323557023
It's an expression used by people who are so old that they think consumers still care about Live TV.
Back in the old days, before the Internet and smartphones, people in offices would gather around the water cooler to gossip.

That press conference and the entire Xbone design just goes to show how out of touch Microsoft has become.
>>
>>323560040
Or maybe they work jobs that don't have so little legitimate work to do that they can waste time standing around not working without getting fired.
>>
>>323566257
But why would people in an office gather around an Xbone?
>>
>>323566971
because they use it to present slideshows
>>
>>323566257
Maybe their target audience was 40+ ?
>>
>>323567092
>Adults buying consoles

What the fuck?
>>
>>323567005
ha nice
>>
>>323557023
>tfw i watched thick of it months after this and only now realised JUST how hopeless they really are
>>
>people who have a lot of friends and chat with them on social media all the time
>people who spend all day and night watching TV and playing vidya in their room
Why did Microsoft think these two people were the same?
>>
>>323557023
People are going to stand next to one talking about politics and such instead of actually playing it.

Like /v/
>>
>>323557023

You talk around it about stuff that isn't it all the while not using it.
>>
File: 510591.jpg (179KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
510591.jpg
179KB, 1200x1200px
paint it black and blue and it's a PS4 too
>>
>>323557023
who is she?
>>
>>323569348
jade raymond
>>
File: jade-raymond-pic.jpg (14KB, 266x227px) Image search: [Google]
jade-raymond-pic.jpg
14KB, 266x227px
>>323569498
>jade raymond
liar
>>
People will gather around the watercooler wondering why the fuck we're using this when we could be using one of the vending machines instead.
>>
>>323557023
Tellem, Nancy!
>>
>>323558524
I love when smug holier than thou marketing teams get their ass handed to them by the public and demographic they thought they knew and understood but really didnt know shit about
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.