[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played an EDF game would this be a good start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 61nyI1ojT+L.jpg (83KB, 405x500px) Image search: [Google]
61nyI1ojT+L.jpg
83KB, 405x500px
Never played an EDF game

would this be a good start?
>>
Yeah it's probably the best game yet.
>>
EDF EDF EDF
>>
>>323515063
Basically what the others said. It's the best game in the series and one of my favourite games full stop. I absolutely murdered it several times from scratch already, so at this point I find it a little hard to go back to, but in a year or two I'll probably start it again.
>>
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH
FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
>>
Yeah. I guess the story is technically a sequel to EDF 2017 but it doesn't really matter. Hell it has a lot of the best levels just ported over.

The important thing to keep in mind is that in seven years, they have evolved. And Giant Insects can't fly, so the Wing Divers will make short work of them. Since Giant Insects can't fly we definitely can win this battle. I'm getting married after this battle! And did you know Giant Insects can't fly? There's no way the Wing Divers can lose.
>>
It's like dynasty warriors or something, each version kinda replaces the previous.
Sometimes they slide a bit and dont get all the features (like 2017 on 360 was missing some stuff from EDF2) but this one is kind of a superset of everything that came before.

TLDR 4.1 is what you want. It's not quite madden or something but generally they only get better over time. And there's not even a jokey continuity, it's really the definition of chill game.
>>
>>323515480
FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHICH HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK
>>
>>323515549
WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES
WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK
>>
Best place to start
>>
I've got a similar question. I grabbed 2025 on the PS3 a few months back (for 50 fucking dollars, kind of mad about that) and didn't play it too much. I ended up getting annoyed at having to replay levels with other characters to grind up some decent weapons for them, and I never really made it past the 10th mission or so.

I hear 4.1 is a remaster of 2025, but should I grab it for my ps4, or just play 2025 and hope I get into it?
>>
>tfw start doing Hardest with only 700 armor Air raid
>start from mission 1 all the way to mission 20
>Clutch almost every mission and barely pick up weapons and armors from them
>>
>>323515642

THE E D F DEPLOOOOOOOOOOYS
>>
What class is the best class?
>>
FIRING 105 MILLIMETER CANNON
DID WE HIT EM?
>>
>>323515858
Get 4.1, the game is more enjoyable when it doesn't run like shit.
>>
>>323515976
Wingdiver
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-11-04-52-01.png (82KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-11-04-52-01.png
82KB, 480x854px
"Da best place to start"

Don't really wanna know how mediocre is the rest of this franchise then.
>>
>>323515063
it's a great place to start. Don't even bother playing the older ones.

The story is unimportant. It's so minimal. Even the endings are like 2 seconds of congrats you saved earth and that's it. Don't bother with story of the previous games, its just one legendary solider fought and saved the world. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>323515976
There really is no "best" class. Every one of them has their ups and downs.
>>
>>323515976
the one you have the most fun with
>>
Oh fuck yes. And honestly dont bother playing any others afterwards because they will all be shit compared to this fun a fuck masterpiece.
Local co-op campaign is awesome and wing divers best class.
>>
You are going to miss most part of the story. I would recommend you to play the first one
>>
Wing Divers if you like going fast
Tanks for dual hammer shennanigans
Scout is plenty shit.
Remember to 9/11 every building everywhere.
>>
>>323516154
>>323516154
all edf games are reviewed poorly, they focus on gameplay more than graphics
>>
> mission 92 on normal
> every single giant boss insect you've fought all at once plus tons of small insects

Failed it 5 times before we finally made it on the 6th try. 1 faggot on our team ragequit right at the start of that run when he died. Funny that we actually won this time too.
>>
>>323516074
I fucking love all the voice clips when the Air Raider calls shit in.

My absolute favourite, though, is the Japanese one for when the orbital laser fires. Chick goes absolutely ham on it.
>>
Its over the top madness with corny dialogue that seems to go over peoples heads.

God I fucking love this shit to the chinese bootleg Godzilla.
>>
>>323516154
>>323516638
I'm not surprised about the score. Most western gaming journalists are useless hacks. Just look at how they scored God Hand. Or how corrupted some of them are that they will give their friend's games a 10/10 when it clearly does not deserve it (Gone Home).

There's no reason to ever judge a game based on gaming journalist's reviews anymore. I rather trust /v/ than a gaming journalists.
>>
>>323516851
>is the Japanese one for when the orbital laser fires. Chick goes absolutely ham on it.

does this game have dual audio?
>>
File: 1365802498628.png (67KB, 189x262px) Image search: [Google]
1365802498628.png
67KB, 189x262px
>Try to dig up info about the European release
>Instead of Marvelous Europe publishing it, it's some no-name group called PQube
>PQube's website is years out of date
>No other point of contact
>No information other than the Amazon listing of February 5th
>>
>>323517127
Unfortunately not, I just imported 4.1 when it released in grorious nippon.
>>
I had fun with the ps3 one playig with my brother, but the frame rate and performance issues were a bit much

This game fixes that and it's a fucking blast to play
Love that shit man pick it up asap
Probably the last game to genuinely make me feel excited and fired up by the firepower I had mowing down a fuck ton of ants and spiders in a gunship
>>
Yeah. Its a simple arcadey low budget shooter thats mainly focused on shooting giant alien bugs. Really fun, addicting game series.
>>
>>323517172
Nah, PQube are fine.
>>
>>323517318
For "fine" I'd at least expect them to have an up to date website with info on their upcoming releases. I don't even have any idea if it's coming out in Australia at all.
>>
If you own it already the cover is reversable.
>>
>>323517985
Either you haven't lived here very long, or you wouldn't expect things to be barely adequate, let alone good.
>>
>>323518129
I at least know that Marvelous Europe would be publicising it, as they have been with their other upcoming releases.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PJTfvt45wM

And here I thought CGR was dead. Gonna go punch myself for being a non-believer.
>>
>>323518772
I'm glad it's still alive but that new intro just doesn't sound right. The audio quality seems kind of off too.
>>
>>323515063
I'm gonna wait for the PC release.
>>
>>323518772
>you cant kill it with a shotgun because you are too busy reloading it
Why are shotguns take so long to reload??
>>
>>323520910
Because when you are of shoot the shotgun Vladimir you must never to be of miss or you will be die
>>
File: So this is the power of (...).gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
So this is the power of (...).gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>323518772
never played EDF but I'll buy this one once it releases on EU

I know the Fencer is slow but I also read people say it's the best class and moves quite quickly if you can do animation cancels. how true is that and can I get a video of it? all I find are slow fencers

otherwise I'll go with the vehicle/artillery guy. is he viable on difficult missions?
>>
>>323521686
vehicle dude is meant for multiplayer
sure you can use him singleplayer, but you'd be better off using better classes if you're playing single player
>>
File: EDF1.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
EDF1.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>323521686
He work well even when soloing
Just remember that you are not a Ranger and you will be fine
you just have to play him a bit differently

So instead of just roll in and shoot
you call in your tank/robot and shoot
>>
GIANT INSECTS ARE LIKE A NASTY VIRUS...
>>
>>323524934
DON'T GIVE UP, WE'VE GOT THEM ON THE RUN
THEY'RE SCARED, THEY'RE FRIGHTENED, AND THEY SHOULD BE!
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>323518107
Wait, is the cover for EDF2 also reversible?
>>
File: 0 (34).jpg (303KB, 891x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0 (34).jpg
303KB, 891x1000px
>>323526298
yes
>>
File: 1.png (10KB, 432x494px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
10KB, 432x494px
>>323526797
Huh. Wonder why they never mentioned it in the promotional stuff.
>>
>>323522862
What is even going on here? Air Raider doing solo?
>>
>>323526881
The reverse cover is actually better than the regular too
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.