[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Real life video game villains that got away with it >Gearbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: aliens_cm_m3601-min.jpg (234KB, 1000x1411px) Image search: [Google]
aliens_cm_m3601-min.jpg
234KB, 1000x1411px
ITT: Real life video game villains that got away with it

>Gearbox funnels money from ACM to fund Borderlands 2
>Gives a pittance to now defunct companies like Timegate Studios who were desperate for work to finish the game
>Skirts the deceptive marketing lawsuit and SEGA ends up the one having to go to court
>Alien Isolation ends up selling worse because of this brand poisoning
>SEGA has to resort to PC ports of console games and Borderlands is at its most successful

Brava Gearbox and Randy

Brava
>>
>>323514716
>buying Borderlands

why? I got the first one on a Steam sale and it was so fucking boring... literally the best part was the intro song.
>>
File: 1451848789449.gif (4MB, 448x246px) Image search: [Google]
1451848789449.gif
4MB, 448x246px
>>323514716
>tfw gearbox bought your favorite game franchise
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>video game

Close enough.
>>
You forgot the part where the continually patched Colonial Marines until it was fucking great. Isolation flopped because it was shit. Colonial marines had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>323515176
> Isolation Shit (it definitely dragged on too long, but that hardy makes a game "shit")
> Colonial Marines is great
What parallel universe do you live in? Patches fixed some bugs sure, but they didn't fix the awful AI, animations, half the game being about fighting generic soldiers, or stuff like grenades being worthless.
>>
>>323515176
I just finished the game a couple days ago. You're full of shit.
>>
File: turn.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
turn.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>323514716
>SEGA has to resort to PC ports of console games

If they made so much money off PC, Sega would make at least make games multiplat with PS4 and PC. But nope, gotta give the PC Dogs old, eaten, and chewed console scraps. I swear, by the time a Sega game comes from console to PC, the plate has already been licked clean.
>>
>>323515560
Except for the Total War series, I guess.
>>
File: fresh out of hecks.png (105KB, 430x403px) Image search: [Google]
fresh out of hecks.png
105KB, 430x403px
>>323515904
They just publish that, Sega doesn't have a single finger involved in that. Meanwhile they make nothing but Sonic, Yakuza, and Miku, and they MIGHT port an old console game to PC.

I honestly wonder if this would be a better model instead of simply porting old games no one asked for. I mean, the whole Yakuza 5 fiasco was hardly worth it for Sega in the first place, despite the localization being nothing more than volunteer work.
>>
>>323515438
>>323515176
Fuck, just realized that was bait. Sorry for taking it.
>>
>>323515024
Is it Homeworld?

Who the actual fuck thought Deserts of Kharak was a good idea?
>>
>>323516349
Yeah

I'm still holding out hope that it will be good, but definitely waiting for reviews. For what its worth most of the game was developed before Gearbox had anything to do with it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.