[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>massive hype from announcement up to release >completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
>massive hype from announcement up to release
>completely dead 3 months after release

what happened? I mean skyrim held momentum for years. this pretty much vanished after a few months.
>>
>>323514134
It was worse than skyrim in every way.
>>
1. Storyline is shorter than NV or 3
2. Gameworld is boring as shit
3. Shelter bulding gimmick got old even faster than the mobile tie-in title
4. Mods are coming in slower than molasses
>>
>>323514134
Normies that like skyrim also like game of thrones. Fallout 4 didn't have a tv show with the same style and atmosphere like Skyrim did.
>>
>>323514134
>completely dead 3 months after release

It's still talked about and selling extremely well. What are you going on about? Are you assuming /v/ represents the entire gaming community?
>>
>>323514134

the game was so shit even normies realized it was shit
>>
>>323514674
tv shows?
normies?
atmosphere?
replying?
>>
>>323514134
It is still one of the most popular games out right now

/v/ =/= the entire gaming community
>>
It gets really boring after about 20 hours, it gets unplayibly boring after 30
>>
>>323514134
>both FO4 and MGSV were hugely anticipated
>endless toddposting, let's go pal, standing threads
>both games were huge disappointments
>rarely any threads about them anymore
It's a strange feeling.
>>
>>323515031
Fallout 4 was getting shit on since before e3, at least on /v/ it was.
>>
>>323514134

Completed it yesterday, 150h, 8/10
>>
>>323514134
people finally learned the truth about Bethesda and to never trust them again.
>>
File: 1447209342682.jpg (11KB, 465x190px) Image search: [Google]
1447209342682.jpg
11KB, 465x190px
>>323514134
Well, it happened to me with GTAV, as well, I assume many others felt it

>Hype, hype, hype
>More hype and marketing
>So much that my expectations are through the roof
>Day of release, fuck yeah
>2 Weeks later, fuck yeahhh
>3 Weeks later, I don't even feel like turning this on right now.

Love the game, and i'm sure i'll play soon, just not enough to hold all of my interest for going on a binge like some of my favorites . Not to mention the base building drives me absolutely nuts not snapping.

Maybe it has to do with following it so closely, and seeing it so much with all of this pre praise, it's like I've already played a better version of it (in my head).

>>323514861
For streaming? Everyone I know, including steam friends, just returned to their regularly scheduled gaming. I don't even see people on my Steam list playing FO4 anymore.
>>
>>323514134
It has Skyrim's shallow as fuck quests but it doesn't even have half as many quests as Skyrim, say what you will but Skyrim was a clear case of quantity over quality but Fallout 4 is fucking neither.
>>
I half-expect their next game to have only two buttons: attack and talk. In fact, they can do away with the talk one; just walking near a NPC is enough. Streamlining!
>>
>>323515506

>Bethesda
>never trust them again

They make the same game over and over again with different skins, you should know that by now.

Protip: The next tes game will be f4 without guns.
>>
>>323515593
But gtav is still pretty alive, third most played steam game and it isnt even a steam game
I doubt fo4 will top skyrim sales
>>
>>323516129
Oh, no doubt GTAV is successful and fun with friends. Let's just take a realistic look at all of the crowds that game draws from. Pretty much from every genre and anyone that likes to live the fun GTA life. Once again, the people around me (ages 22-28 roughly) felt the same way. None of us even bring it up anymore.
>>
>>323514134
Waiting for mods
>>
>>323516435
I know what you mean man
After the gta v launch none of my co-workers actually talked about the gtav although they were all standing hours in line for it
I rly think you can overhype a game so much and people will still like it but wont play for long
>>
>>323517097
Yeah i fully blame myself for falling out with GTAV. Watched the gameplay demos just about every morning after 3rd shift. Imagined the kidnapping system from Red Dead. Was hoping with every ounce of me that the mechanics from GTAIV were in there such as the driving, overall physics, and small things like how when you shoot someone, they can lay on the ground not dead, and either die or get up or a moment.

That's the thing, I like it, just haven't even bothered to touch it in a very long time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.