[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played D&D... Can /v/ recommend me a good D&D videogame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (45KB, 602x244px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
45KB, 602x244px
Never played D&D...
Can /v/ recommend me a good D&D videogame? One that could teach me the basics, but plays like an actual board game?
>>
I hear grimrock is very DnD, but I'm honestly such a retard, I couldnt get past the first area.
>>
If you want a legit D&D game, get a Roll20 account and look on Steam or /tg/ for a group. That would arguably be the best method, but I take it you want something more solo-oriented.

In that case, Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate are good starting points.
>>
>>323510972
easiest way would be to jsut play D&D.
videogame wise Baldurs gate 1 and 2 are good starting points.
>>
>>323510972
The KOTOR games adapt the ruleset for the Star Wars tabletop, which itself is based on the d20 System used at the time of D&D 3e and 3.5.
>>
>>323510972
ToEE for low level.
NWN2 is ok too.
MotB for epic campaigns
>>
>>323510972
never winter nights
>>323511128
grimrock is pretty much dungeon master with graphics good games but not D&D
>>
File: 2016-01-09_00001.jpg (173KB, 992x1026px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09_00001.jpg
173KB, 992x1026px
>>323511542
Though bear in mind they use 2nd edition rules, which was written a while ago (current edition is 5). Neverwinter Nights uses 3e, Neverwinter Nights 2 uses 3.5.

No videogame has yet actually ended up being as good as a decent DnD session though, playing it tabletop with friends IRL is more flexible and fun.
>>
>>323512336
nwn2 is a good intro to DnD and MotB is the best DnD game/module bar none.
>>
>>323512664
I don't disagree, I'm just saying that the tabletop experience can't be beaten. If the option is there for the OP to actually get involved in a game proper he'd get a richer experience. A good DM will make learning the system a fuck-ton easier as well.
>>
>>323512854

I was >>323511152

Perhaps OP doesn't have a nearby D&D group, but there do exist online solutions to replicate the tabletop experience (including table banter) for cheap or free.
>>
>>323510972
Not sure I follow. You want it to play like the tabletop stuff? You'll have to go way back to old DOS stuff to get remotely close.

If you just want to figure out how things like AC work and the difference between a 1d5 and a 2d10 roll then you can't really go wrong with any D&D set game. NWN, ToEE, ID.

If you want the rules to apply but never see them either hit up more modern stuff like Sword Coast Legends (which is nowhere near as bad as people say unless you suck the rule book's dick) or games "inspired" by the rules like KotOR and to some extent Jade Empire. Even Mass Effect plays loose with certain aspects of it. Fallout 1 and 2 took D&D and rewrote a few bits.

Basically if it's not Diablo you're probably gonna get the experience in some way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.