[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is better than both Walking Dead seasons and the wolf among

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

This is better than both Walking Dead seasons and the wolf among us and literally none gives a shit about it
>>
>>323508790
Is Minecraft TTG given more shits than this?
>>
>>323509041
probably not.
>>
>>323508790
There's been a good few threads about it. Not nearly as much TWD or TWAU had though. I do agree that it's pretty excellent. Easily TT's best work imo.

I never would've thought that anything set in the Borderlands universe would be so good. But it turns out it's actually pretty cool when you have good writing and refrain from filling the game with Claptraps and dank memes.
>>
>>323508790
1. Its borderlands, no one gives a shit
2. Its telltale, no one gives a shit
3. Its not even a game
>>
Sasha is love, Sasha is life
>>
>>323509773
Fiona >>>>>
>>
>>323508790
Wife went on a telltale bender this winter. I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing each game (except minecraft). This one isn't very good but I think better than wolf among us..that one is total edgelord shit with constant needless cussing and shit story.

Only game of thrones felt like you were making choices. And of course wd1 and 2.
>>
>>323510251
Although walking dead 2 was kinda shit. Dialog choices and plot didn't match.in my play through, twice.
>>
>>323509773

Proper taste.
>>
Every character Telltale games makes looks the same, there is no such thing as choices, etc.

SHIT COMPANY

SHIT GAMES
>>
>>323508790
We gave a shit when the final episode came out and btfo of that lesbian shit. That was months ago tho.
>>
>>323511495
>being anti /u/

Faggot
>>
>>323511643
I'm fine with lesbians. I'm not fine with that awful game and its ending.
>>
>>323511784
What game, The Pre Sequel?

I seriously hope you don't actually care about the FPS Borderlands games.
>>
>>323511959
No. Life is strange. I do love me some borderlands 2 though.
>>
File: 2015-10-22_00162.jpg (328KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-22_00162.jpg
328KB, 1600x900px
>>323508790
>This is better than both Walking Dead seasons
True
>and the Wolf Among Us
A close call, but I'd still say so.

Mostly because the game shows that the Borderlands franchise could be really great were it not handled by the worst writers in existence who thinks cartoonishly bleak worlds full of plot holes makes for an engaging setting in any way whatsoever.

If anything it makes me mad for making my hype for the great Borderlands game we're never going to get.
>>
>>323508790
I agree, best work yet, infinitely better than Minecraft and GoT.

Noticeably better than TWD and slightly better than TWAU

That said, it's not without fault, the writing getting borderline in spots.
And the final episode was rushed as all hell because of all the combinations and it actually pushed the engine to its limit.
>>
>>323512162
I predict it's going to be an MMO and it's actually going to blow the doors of most others when it finally comes out. If I had any say, it definitely would, but sadly, I am a simple accountant and not a lead designer with an unlimited budget.
>>
>>323508790
100%
I always hear people speaking about GoT and other telltale games in their top games of 2015 but no cuck brings up TFB
Its so sad it was a masterpiece
>>
File: Handsome Jack.png (3MB, 1600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Handsome Jack.png
3MB, 1600x1800px
>>323512392
Considering Gearbox's inability to make for interesting endgames lately, I really doubt they can make an enjoyable MMO. Hell, Destiny already exists, is pretty much exactly an MMO version of Borderlands, and doesn't seem to be really blowing the doors off as far as I can tell.

If I had any say on the matter, I'd make Borderlands more akin to a Stalker game. As in, you're a mercenary or bounty hunter working for the corporations in an anctual border world, barely habitable, taking jobs and delving into abandoned ruins, facilities and environments for the sake of finding lost technology and guns for whatever patron you choose, including the option of working for a ressurgent Atlas under Rhys. Less focus on bad puns and trying the player care about a world that's so far beyond saving that having all its civilizans die in a fire like Handsome Jack wanted would be a mercy, and more of a focus on profit and tackling the unknown dangerous monsters out there.
>>
>>323513037
>Game of Thrones
Point me to someone who claims that abomination of a game is somehow Game of the Year material and I'll show you a crazy person.
Nothing good came of that terrible disaster of a game, neither as a standalone game, neither if you have an understanding of the show. It's an experiment in grinding your nose against the floor until it bleeds, while the game revels in screaming at your face "Look at you! Your decisions don't matter here! You have no power! YOU HAVE NO BEARING ON HOW THIS STORY WILL TURN OUT, YOU POWERLESS BITCH!".
>>
>>323513157
That's mostly what I had in mind. Few societies but the ones that exist are super-hostile.
Basically:
>pick your gender
>Customize your character
>Pick a starting location between a Bandit camp, a Merc freighter about to land on the same planet, hired by one of the corporations to do some shit, and one of the "resistance" factions who are working to undermine the major Corporations (and get sweet loot)
>Each one gives you different costumes as you level up to match the faction.
Each group has a set of Leaders who you can mentor under to pick your "class" which decides your skill trees and such, the 3 factions having slight variations in their tree choices
>Bandit trees won't have anything related to high tech, but will have more shit focusing on low-grade technology, bullets guns, explosives, melee, etc plus the different active skills and non-specific passives available to all
>Merc trees are all about advanced weaponry, top of the line gear to obliterate the competition
>Resistance is a middle ground, having benefits to some high-tech for certain classes and some low-tech for other classes, but nothing comparable to say, Mania on Krieg from Borderlands 2 which is pure melee.
>You have to do the entire story once, reach max/close to max level when you finish the main story plus major side-quests
>When you finish the story mode AND reach max level, you are allowed access to the end-game, which is the equivalent of True Vault Hunter Mode, do the story over again, but this time there's some *bigger* changes.
You have the option to do the full story at max level to get properly geared up or you can just queue up for dungeons directly and just ignore the rest of the game
>There are new world bosses once every 4-6 hours real-world time per server. Each one drops rare crafting materials of various natures.
>All weapons, shields, and grenade mod drops are FFA in party.

Cont.
>>
>>323508790
>Borderlands
^this is why "none" gives a shit
>>
>>323514095
>All class mods are drop-specific to anyone of that class
>Loot is notably more plentiful, ensuring few are ever without gear they need, but still not quite "ideal" loot constantly
>All non-gear drops are player specific/party-wide allocation and are automatically picked up when walked over.
>Crafting is a new mechanic, like the 1.5 Grinder where you sac old loot/garbage and also, new scrap parts you pick up, to get better stuff.
>If you work to maximize crafted loot, it'll be slightly better than dungeon gear, which is slightly better than story area gear
>World-boss gear is on-par with Dungeon gear
>Raid gear is somewhat better than crafted gear.
Gear rarity is mostly the same, but gear "tier" is also a thing as per the last few lines of
Story<Dungeon=World<Craft<Raid
>Raiding
Toward the very end of the main story, you gain access to an area that is literally just a massive ass door with a massive ass keyhole.
To open it, you have to redo the True mode Story and regain access to it, then you/you and party/you and guild have to grind up crafting parts off the World bosses and some Dungeon bosses.
Then, someone crafts it and you go raid.
At a par where Guilds could do it weekly, small parties plus random invites could do it monthly, and solos could do it with a pile of randoms if they REALLY hate themselves.
>It's a brutal raid zone that requires everyone be kitted to at least Purple Dungeon/World-Boss gear.
>If anyone fucks up, you risk the whole party wiping and respawning just inside the door to do it again, except notable bosses are dead, but trash mobs and filler is back.
>If a raid group manages to finish it, the entire roof of the final boss room will blow off and a SERVER-WIDE LOOT RAIN will occur in the True Vault Hunter instance, the bulk of which will land inside the raid instance, but still have a decent pile for random people across the world to scrounge up if they are lucky/in an unpopulated area.

Cont.
>>
>>323514095
>>323515120
Well sounds like you've put a fair amount of thought into this Anon.
It's just a shame that even in theory this all would be an uphill battle because, BEYOND the basic problem with MMOs, the Borderlands franchise is probably poisoned to the bone now as "that one game with the maymays".
>>
>>323515120
>The lootsplosion will knock everyone back against the rounded walls of the room, giving everyone equal chance to spend the next 2-3 minutes running around like a chicken with their head cut off grabbing every blue or higher they see, then cleanup as they fill their inventory with greens/whites for the grinder once the frenzy dies down.
Now, of course, that's all well and good, but there's still the issue of more content.
>Post-release DLC and free expansions, respectively.
DLC simply give you access to off-world areas which include minor raids/dungeons and a short story arc plus new and exclusive gear.
>This gear is not Pay to win, simply Pay for options and can be purchased off other players on the Auction House by anyone with the (insert in-game currency, cash, Eridium, Crystals, whatever)
>Expansions include whole new free arcs to the game that include a story equivalent to 1/4-1/3 of the main story, playable in normal and True Vault Hunter mode
>Each one has 1-3 dungeons for variety, more world-bosses
>Each one adds a new raid of similar requirements and slightly higher difficulty to the first, but with some different "tricks" and exclusive loot.
>Cash shop is all cosmetics/bank slots/Auction House slots/etc.
>Housing on-par with Wildstar, but in instanced community areas based on faction, similar to what Archeage has, each person gets a plot and can do whatever with it.

There's some stuff I'm forgetting, but I'm tired.
>>
>>323515490
Yeah... I know many people would try it, though, simply for being an MMO, so I can hope all I want.
>>
>>323508790
Was fun for the most part, didn't care for the forced love interest (she was my least favorite character) and how they're progressively making every character in the series either bi or gay.
>>
>>323517181
I just assumed everyone in Borderlands was Bi.
>>
>>323508790
I agree, I really enjoyed it. And I'm not that crazy about memelands tbqh
>>
>>323517259
Honestly, I felt that the whole deal with sexuality in Borderlands started as a good idea but then was ruined by the writers themselves.

If I recall correctly, at some point the intention was to portray the series as taking place in a time "so far into the future that sexual orientation is no longer a matter of widespread prejudice, and acceptance of it has become normal". If a character is gay and somehow that fact happens to be brought up, it's just acknowledged and the story carries on.

Which is, by all accounts, a fair initiative and something I can get behind.

What I can't get behind is when this future where sexual orientation is no longer a matter of controversy still has the gay characters taking pot shots at those who are not, like that one australian lady in Pre-Sequel that is all "Oh wait, let me talk with an american accent, yeehaw cowbows homophobia".
>>
File: 1418315177132.png (4KB, 298x290px) Image search: [Google]
1418315177132.png
4KB, 298x290px
>>323517181
>progressively

You got that one right.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.