[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are you expecting from ZeldaU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: download.jpg (12KB, 369x137px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 369x137px
what are you expecting from ZeldaU?
>>
link is a gurl
>>
File: OoT-GiantRectangleStone.png (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OoT-GiantRectangleStone.png
54KB, 320x240px
Shadow of the Colossus style boss fights and nonlinearity.

If it doesn't have the former I'll let it slide, but if it's linear again, I'm boycotting it.
>>
Disappointment
>>
>>323508627
I want this open world bullshit to stop already. It's your fault this is gonna be Skyrim like, so fuck you.
>>
>>323510475
LoZ, ALttP, and OoT were openworld done right.

Why has every Zelda failed since then? Oh, that's right because fanboys like you have no standards.
>>
File: modern day zelda boss.jpg (70KB, 624x688px) Image search: [Google]
modern day zelda boss.jpg
70KB, 624x688px
>>
>there are people that still believe this is coming for the wii u

DX flagship title.
>>
>>323507726
Disappointment
>>
>>323507726
I'm expecting Nier-souls wii u edition
>>
>>323507726
to exist
>>
File: 1ZmczyL.gif (3MB, 444x338px) Image search: [Google]
1ZmczyL.gif
3MB, 444x338px
Name a Open World game in a series that didn't take a massive hit in everything else.

You can't.
>>
>>323514235
Every Zelda game made before Aonuma got in charge.
>>
>>323511081
Link Between Worlds was good.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>323507726
Something provocative. I hope they shake up the series in a little bit, but not in a way the fans are expecting.

Also, love how Link has a tek bow. We Turok now!
>>
File: 1450684758679.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450684758679.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>323510379
this desu. The wait wont be worth it
>>
>>323516383
holy shit is this real?
>>
>>323516034
What? Only Zelda 1 was technically open world.
>>
>>323507726
It will either be the best Zelda game or the worst Zelda game.
>>
>>323513472
>dx
It is going to be available for both system like TP was for GC and Wii.
>>
>>323516648
There is no such thing as "technically" open world, it's not a technical term.

I would be willing to wager that there is no clear, succinct definition of "open world" you can offer that applies to Zelda 1 but not LttP or OoT.

Keep in mind that the original Zelda had lots of areas which could not be accessed until specific objectives had been achieved.
>>
>>323517025
>lots of areas
Not really? There were a couple screens on the overworld that required a raft, and some that required a flute. But you could visit well over 70% of the map with like zero items.

If you're being shitty and talking about caves/bushes you have to burn, it might only be like half the game then.

Either way, that's not really true in any Zelda game afterwards.
>>
>>323517025
There is. Open world implies all the game play mechanics are giving to you at once. For example xenoblade isn't open world because you are artificially limited by mecha and flight. Gta is open world because everything is given to you and at the beginning of the game you can explore everywheres. If areas are blocked off by a game mechanic it's not open world.
>>
>>323516565
No. I saw it as the thumbnail for some shitty The FIVE MOST CLICKIEST BAITS type youtube video and saved that shit fast.
>>
for the announcement to that its on on nitnendo NX
>>
>>323517434
Fair enough, but that means the vast majority of games that are called "open world" really aren't. You could even argue Witcher 3 isn't according to that definition, since it has enemies that are literally impossible to kill if you haven't hit an arbitrary level requirement and no mechanic for sneaking around them.
>>
>open work Zelda.
It's going to be shit senpai.
>>
>>323514235
Honestly Witcher 3.
>>
A link between worlds was good in the open world department, I'd like to see that on a much grander scale of course, the upgrade system from skyward is perfect so that with the rent system maybe would be perfect
>>
>>323517696
>Witcher 3
>Not sacrificing for open world

Combat is shit. Confirmed for never playing the game.
>>
Just give me a game thats fun with challenging combat and hard to solve puzzles, and a world that doesnt feel fucking empty.
>>
>>323507726
Fun
>>
>>323517882
Combat has been shit in all 3 games, it didn't sacrifice anything from the series to go open world.
>>
>>323517882
combat was fine if you didn't exploit signs being broken and the whirl ability
>>
>>323517882
combat was shit in the witcher 2 and it wasnt open world. Stop regurgitating memes and pay attention
>>
Expecting more of the same with even more fetch-questing and crafting now that it's open-world.
>>
I want temples that loom in the distance and are larger than life. Hell, I want one temple to be a journey just getting to the thing in on itself!
>>
'nonlinear' in the same way of the 3DS game which is to say it's short as hell and has no real difficulty progression.

you can make your link a gurl because gurls are gamers too, silly cissexist shitlords.

PS2-tier graphics that they try to hide under shitty bloom.

world is huge and empty, with most regions existing for specific scripted setpiece battles and otherwise just serving to be 'huge open world'.

story shits on any remaining delusions of a 'mythos' while simultaneously trying to appeal to 'fans' by going to lengths to explain some ridiculous irrelevant side-element from one of the past games that nobody sane even noticed, much less remembered.

novel and interesting antagonistic force which gets chucked completely in the last third of the game so that Ganon(dorf) can come kidnap Zelda again.
>>
>>323507726
censorship, digital content locked behind physical toys and an open world that would make skyrim seem alive
>>
I want a Temple of Time that ACTUALLY DEALS WITH TIME! I could not express my disappointment in the TW temple. You enter, this song starts playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3XPus2T58o
and you're like "Oh shit! This temple is gonna be insane!"
...and it's the most mundane temple. Where are the time gimmicks?! Like puzzles dealing with rooms aging rapidly and shit!
>>
>>323507726
I'm expecting it to be the last game I play on the wii u before I never buy another nintendo home console or game again
>>
>>323507726
to come out in 2016
>>
>>323520217
I guess the gimmick is that it's always locked in Time thanks to that gate thing, even Before/After the Temple's actual existence.
>>
>>323520217
The actual name was (Aonuma's) Temple of (Wasting your) Time (with shitty puzzles).
>>
File: Zelda U optimism.png (4MB, 1920x2244px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda U optimism.png
4MB, 1920x2244px
>>323507726
I'm expecting good things.

Before people say "this is just bullshit to drum up hype"

Well, a creator specifically saying his own game is shit (in this case acknowledging Skyward Sword did so many things wrong) is still a good sign.
Think of it this way. When they start to make a new Metroid game, wouldn't you feel reassured if Sakamoto says "Other M was a mistake, the new game will avoid everything it did wrong?"

Also, the best way to do open world games is actually to not let the player go everywhere at once. Link's Awakening world felt so big because there were always some places out of reach. When you got the hookshot for example, you realized you could finally pull yourself across the river and explore what's beyond it.

The sense of PROGRESSION is key. I can't state this enough. I want to feel like I'm getting better and opening up new areas. There is no satisfaction if you can visit every single area just as you start the game.
>>
>>323521815

I don't know whether it was aonuma or not, but one of those people invoked the zelda cycle in defense of skyward shit. I just can't comprehend how someone can fall low enough to make skyward sword, and then turn around and make a good game. I truly help zelda u is great, because I miss good zelda games, but only true insanity could have inspired all of the shitty design decissions that went into skyward sword
>>
70% chance of a disappointing "lol so open" experience, 30% chance of getting a 3D Zelda 1. I dunno, I can't say I'm particularly excited for Zelda U and I generally like the series.
>>
I want them to actually innovate the franchise and really shake up the conventions of Zelda.
I don't want ALttP with gimmicks, I want to be surprised.
But most of all I just want it to be great, be challenging and not have some massive flaw that drags it down.
>>
>>323507726
Another great Zelda game.
>>
I've always hated open worlds, but xenoblade x has renewed my hope.

I am spoiled by how convenient traveling around mira is, how beautiful it is with new things all over the place (not just endless trees between key locations) and if you aren't in the mood to run around the overworld, you can just skip it for the most part.

If zelda u is a giant open world game with barely anything populating it except occasional rupee chests, and in order to fast travel you have to play a song and choose one of only 7 warp points, I just won't play it
>>
Albw/alttp progression with OoT exploration and Zelda 1 freedom
>>
>>323522121

I actually don't think SS was a particularly bad game in and of itself but it's definitely not the direction to take Zelda as a series. Aonuma has been making the games slowly but surely more linear since about Wind Waker with SS being a breaking point where exploration was all but snuffed out in favor of dungeon/puzzle design. Ok, Zelda hasn't quite done that before and for that I consider it an experiment, which is to say AONUMA CAN LEARN FROM IT. To that end, looking at the approach ALBW took with the Lorule dungeons, I think it's safe to say that the series is looking to take a more open, exploratory approach again. Granted, ALBW does have its issues as well but if it's any indication of where the series is heading, maybe Zelda U can iron them out in a best case scenario.
>>
>>323522121
>I just can't comprehend how someone can fall low enough to make skyward sword, and then turn around and make a good game

Ever heard of devil may cry 2 and its sequel devil may cry 3?
>>
>>323522912
Haven't played ALBW. I've heard it brought back some non-linearity to the series
>>
>>323507726
is asking for a BB style of Zelda too much to expect?
>>
>>323524581
Beastie Boys?
>>
>>323524581
>difficult gameplay
>M-rated
>dark, tense and frightening atmosphere
>story told through gameplay and not through padding or cutscenes

It is for Nintendo.
>>
I really just want it to come out
>>
Very little. It will probably be Ubisoft as fuck

>open map
>collectibles
>crafting system
>outposts to capture
It will probably have all this shit
>>
>>323507726
Too Much
It will only disappoint me once it comes out for NX.
>>
>>323525756
I want a world that isn't empty.
Give me a reason to care that the map is big instead of assuming that I'll be impressed just because I can walk in one direction for half an hour.
>>
Going hard on open world was death for Metal Gear. What will it do to Zelda?

The only one I've played since WW was LBW though so I'm not too emotionally invested like I would have been back then.
>>
>>323525249
>story told through gameplay and not through padding or cutscenes
Because Zelda has so many cutscenes.
>>
>>323507726
I'm so hyped that I think it will be the final chance to vidya for me. If it's bad, I fucking quit
>>
>>323507726
The first somewhat good Zelda game on a home console in a while, since I don't have to use a dongle to play it.
>>
>>323526059
There wont be anon. Large worlds are fucking pointless, you can have a small world packed with way more shit than a large one hypothetically. They're just trying to appeal to the shitrim and ubisoft audiences. It will have generic filler content in it to make it feel not empty. The entire concept of a giant open world is a gimmick in thr first place. They should decide on the content first, and make a map to adequately fit that content. Instead they decided
>hurr big map lol!
And now they have to come up with shit to put in it. It will feel forced no matter what
>>
>>323526124
>What will it do to Zelda?

Be a return to what made the series stand out in the first place.
>>
>>323507726

I'm expecting it to be Zelda NX
>>
>>323507726
A walking sim.
>>
>>323526694
Not fucking around here because I didn't play it, what was bad about SS? I didn't even really play TP except the first couple dungeons I think.
>>
>>323521815
>Aonuma
>Hype
pick one.
>>
>>323511081
>Why has every Zelda failed since then?

But MM is better than OoT you faggot.

>>323517434
>If areas are blocked off by a game mechanic it's not open world.

Then by your own admission GTA is not open world since there are always sections that are blocked off until you beat a certain mission in the story.
>>
>>323526956
Pointless empty sky area, all of the ground areas are straight lines that you're forced to revisit, bosses repeated many more times than necessary, and wonky motion controls.
>>
>>323526956
>>323527398
Oh and the most insufferably annoying companion in the series by a longshot (which was even more painful after how great Midna in TP and Zelda in ST were)
>>
WInd Waker was open world and I liked it.
>>
File: 1434487624403.jpg (19KB, 296x238px) Image search: [Google]
1434487624403.jpg
19KB, 296x238px
>>323522121
>I don't know whether it was aonuma or not, but one of those people invoked the zelda cycle in defense of skyward shit.

That was the prease undustandru man of failed business policies. In his very slight defense I think he said it jokingly.
>>
Nintendo's The Witcher 3
>>
>>323527398
>>323527482
Maybe I'll watch a playthrough or something. I like the artwork that I saw at least, was the music good? Any story/characters worth remembering?
>>
Disappointment like everything else.
>>
>>323507726
For it to feel like Zelda 1 in terms of exploration, but with a modern scope.
That's all I really want.

People seem to be expecting a Ubisoft/Bethesda style game, but Zelda doesn't have that kind of progression. You're going to have dungeons and items and all that fun stuff too.

Should be more engaging than WW's sea or SS's sky at least.
>>
>>323527804
The only songs I really liked were the Ballad of the Goddess and the Koloktos/Moldarach boss theme.

Ghirahim might have been cool if he wasn't the boss of 2 dungeons and then another fight with him before the final boss. The story was decent but they threw in a harp as a plot device for no reason other than previous games had instruments.
>>
>>323520217
SS had a section with time spheres that was kinda cool.
>>
>>323520217
I thought the ToT in TP was a cool dungeon with cool puzzles, even if the item was barely used outside of it and the puzzles weren't time based.
>>
>>323517434

Whole parts of the GTA map are off limits until you hear the radio announcer say the bridges are open.
>>
Could be good. The lack of communication and stretched development time encourages me; from past development periods, it feels like the more they show off and talk about a Zelda or focus on schedules, the more it's been made considering the customers or the EXPERIENCE rather than considering the game itself, and Nintendo games have a way of turning into bland goop when they think like that.

If it captures the sense of open world progression in a truly Zelda-y way without feeling like a Skyrim derivative, it could be a masterpiece, which is really what the home console series needs right now. Otherwise, I at least have hope they know what was wrong with Skyward Sword.
>>
>>323525756
>Ubisoft as fuck
>describes Windwaker
kay
>>
>>323526694
>Be a return to what made the series stand out in the first place.
Puzzle and waifus?
>>
>>323528105
The Sky barely counts it was so half-assed. I was expecting at least a Great Sea I could fly through to explore, not a 1kmx1km block of clouds with one flat town and a handful of chests. If nothing else, I pray the almost-skipping of an entire console generation will at least mean there's no absolute rush-jobs in terms of content.

>You can't go flying at night! You need special permission for that!
>Oh boy, I bet there's going to be some badass nocturnal event soon like the return to Outset, and then the WHOLE overworld will open up!

The disappointment was palpable.
>>
>>323507726
Cancellation after the latest leak.
>>
>>323516742
This. I can't see this game being "just ok." It's either going to be utter shit or mind blowingly amazing.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.