[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Call of Cthulhu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hybrid.jpg (330KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid.jpg
330KB, 1600x1200px
Anyone else played this?
Graphics are dated but immersion is great, can't remember when i played game where being injured had influence on move speed, vision and accuracy.
>>
I like it a lot, have replayed it countless times.
The fan patch is pretty cool, enables some cut content like extending arm for opening doors and picking stuff up.
>>
Didn't like the sound design and shooting-heavy levels, other than that, it's great.
>>
Played back in 2007 and a few times after that.

It's a fine horror action game and the only one purely based on Lovecraft.

Some people on /v/ have mixed opinions because they enjoyed the sneaking survival aspect more than the action shooting that follows for the second part of the game. Whatever the case the game starts out really good so you should at least play until the shooting becomes the focus.

If you're playing the game on hardware that came after 2006 you'll experience a game breaking bug at one point.
>>
>>323471083
You mean the invisible sorcerers on coast?
>>
"Hold on, I forgot to put in the crystals", the game
>>
>>323471187
Yes. On my playthrough on the then revelant hardware I've seen them. Also the raindrops were actually drawn correctly, instead of these rectangular shapes
>>
Someone should post the image telling the story of how the devs got fucked in the ass with the power of a thousand suns by Bethesda. I don't have it saved but it's probably the scummiest thing you'll ever hear in gaming.
>>
File: haunter_of_the_dark.jpg (78KB, 394x573px) Image search: [Google]
haunter_of_the_dark.jpg
78KB, 394x573px
It's the best Lovecraft inspired game in existence. Which isn't saying much. Sadly the devs died before making more games. And they did have planned more.
>>
>>323471083
>the action shooting that follows for the second part of the game.

That stuff didn't ruin the game for me, but it really did take me out of the Lovecraft atmosphere. One minute I'm investigating some spooky cult shit and the next minute I'm flanking a machine gun nest.

>>323472401
I don't even want to think about that shit.
>>
File: Bethesda is evil.png (417KB, 2277x1880px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda is evil.png
417KB, 2277x1880px
>>323472401
Oh whoops, wrong image but I still want to post it and I just remember that I dont have it anymore, friend of mine pushed a format on my disk.
I seem to remember the tale of a game much bigger than it should have been and the exclusivity to XBOX fucked them over.
>>
>>323469995
The game was great for the first part but I quit playing when I got to the locking doors part. Its unplayable for that section. I would like to see how the game plays out later on but I can't get past that bullshit part.
>>
>Tfw we will never get anything like DCotE again

Fuck everything.
>>
>>323472401
I have them on my computer but I'm out of town. Keep forgetting to post them when I am home too.
Suffice to say it was some bad shit
>>
Is good until you get weapons
>>
It was a pretty fun single player shooter.
There were a lot of bugs though.

Two particularly annoying ones were-

>In the part where you're on a boat and have to fire at these pillars of light on the shore, the pillars simply do not appear.

>During the escape section at the end, my character wasn't moving quickly enough to make it out before the place collapsed

Apparently these were two pretty well-known issues and I had to do annoying workarounds just to finish the game.
>>
>>323474135
Weirdest glitch I got
>be in house near end of game
>sneaking around avoiding enemies
>get spotted, run behind table upstairs
>get stuck for some reason
>knife around randomly
>crouch and knife at same time
>suddenly teleported outside the map with clear view of everything
>stuck there until MASSIVE SANITY FAILURE
>>
File: 1447565108055.png (2MB, 2852x2720px) Image search: [Google]
1447565108055.png
2MB, 2852x2720px
>>
>>323474607
there we go.

Bethesda are subhumans.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.