[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Horror/survival/"dark" themed elements of living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>Horror/survival/"dark" themed elements of living in a fucked up world removed
>ADAM system removed
>customizable & numerous plasmid bonuses removed
>power to the people stations and visual upgrades removed
>big daddies and their diversities removed
>trap mechanics aka "preparing for a fight" removed
>'boss fights' removed
>intricate, complex, close-quarters level design removed
>security bots, all different versions of the turret, entire security-system mechanic removed
>hacking removed
>every purchasable item or ammunition in the game is the exact same price at all vending machines, always in unlimited stock, and available at every single machine
>1/10th the amount of audio recordings in the average level
>6 weapon slots removed
>how the fuck on earth did they come up with the idea of a plot based on quantum mechanics, religion, racism, and 19th century american history from the first two bioshock games
>>
>>323455657

You just don't get it.
>>
>>323455836
Actually guys if you seen the concept art and e3 trailers it was much better.
>>
>>323455836
This op, you just aren't on our level.
>>
>>323455657
Removing the crafting and different type of ammunition was also dumb as fuck. Why remove system already designed?
>>
What are some games that are better "shock" games than Bioshock Infinite?
>>
>>323458694
Rage
>>
>>323455657
As much as I can respect your gripes with it, and can agree with some (mainly big daddies), here's how I look at it;

When a game in a series releases and completely disregards the other games, or is just flat out different, I always look at it as a standalone game. AC4 Black Flag didn't feel like an AC, so I just refer to it as "Black Flag" and look at it as it's own game. Dark Souls 2 ignored everything that made DaS1's story great to make way for the whole "DUDE ENDLESS CYCLES LMAO" theme, and so I just look at DaS2 how Zelda games are. They take place in the same setting and with similar themes, but they're not connected. This is what you should do with BioShock: Infinite. Look at it as it's own game, completely unrelated to BioShock 1 and 2. If it makes you feel better, don't refer to it as BioShock (unless you have to talk to someone about it). Call it "Infinite" or something within your own mind to soothe the annoyances it causes you. idk mang, just pretend it's not connected/doesn't exist
>>
>>323458846
Even as its own game, it sucks
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 722x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 722x666px
>>323455836
>Y-you just don't get our cuckolding ways
>>
>>323458846
Why do people get uppity about the "endless cycle" thing when the first game practically said that linking the Fire was only a temporary solution and it would eventually wane again? It at least makes sense.
>>
>>323459309
Because the point of the DaS ending was to choose between a beautiful lie or an ugly truth. If you kindled the fire, you prolonged the age of fire for another however long, but eventually the dark would take over. You would only be delaying the age of dark. If you ignored the flame and became the dark lord, the world would be consumed by the dark and everything would deteriorate until whatever happened happened. The point was that your choice was important. In DaS2 it basically says that either the "good" ending of DaS1 was canon, and that chosen undeads have been kindling the fire with lord souls for thousands of years, or that your choice in DaS1 was irrelevant because no matter what, the flame would be kindled. And that's the kick in the teeth, because DaS1's ending was big on choice, and it says that your choice meant nothing and that nothing matters.
>>
>>323459886
God, I'm glad I hate Dark Souls, this sounds autistic as fuck
>>
File: scared.png (258KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
258KB, 421x500px
>>323455657
you guys reminded me of how shit infinite was and i bought bioshock 1 a few months

but bioshock 1 and infinite aren't showing up in my games list is this happening to anyone else?
>>
>>323459886
If you don't link the fire another "Chosen Undead" gets stringed along for the ride. You get duped either way. That's the point, the player character is only special in that he's strong, not because he's got a special destiny or something like that.
>>
i don't understand why bioshock 3 couldn't just take place in underground caves.

the big daddies would still be suits with drill arms.
>>
>>323461221
This. People who complain about DS2 just didn't quite get DS1. They even flat out tell you that you are not the first Chosen Undead and since you will most likely fail you won't be the last.

Something to consider is that the cycle probably isn't perpetual, notice how the bearers of the 4 Souls and Vendrick are weaker than Gwyn and company. Every cycle the world seems to become weaker, and DS3 will probably mark the end of the cycles
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.