[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The MMO market has been horrendous the last few years. Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 13

File: 600x.jpg (242KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
600x.jpg
242KB, 600x849px
The MMO market has been horrendous the last few years. Looking for something to get my fix in.

Anyone ever play this before? Any thoughts?
>>
elin online
>>
>>323451032
Pedo Online
>>
>>323451032
You haven't played it yet??? What are you waiting for?
>>
>>323451032
It's fun for 3 days because of the combat then it's boring because the game is pretty damn dead
>>
Disregard the obvious pedophiles and its pretty fun
>>
Just don't play them
Do literally anything else with your finite life.
>>
Any decent MMOs coming up in 2016?
>>
>>323451032
>Troll Elins
>Open PK
>Best combat in any MMO
>New patches all the time
>Best community
I'm glad normalfags stay away from this game and stick to WoW
>>
>>323453165
>>323453256

So why are there a ton of pedos that play this?
>>
>>323451032
>it's repetitve
>no end game whatsoever besides PvP
>combat system is good
>shitty japanese design
>tons of lolipop shit in skimpy outfits for weeaboo fags
>>
>>323451032

Combat system is great
World design is sexy

Everything else is par for the course korean MMO fare.

It's f2p, so you really got nothing to lose.
>>
File: pedoshit.jpg (188KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
pedoshit.jpg
188KB, 1191x670px
>>323453462
because of this
>>
>>323453462
Elin.
>>
>>323453330
Black Desert Online
>>
>>323453462

The Elin race. It's so popular that it has 2 genuine classes dedicated to that race and that race only.
>>
>>323453846

Looks like another Korean tit simulator, no thanks.
>>
>>323453330
The Repopulation and Camelot Unchained are the two biggest ones I'm hyped for. There is also a medieval sim one too but I have heard little about it
>>
>>323453981
Every race a an exclusive class to females

humans = Brawler
elves = gunner
Elin = reaper
>>
>>323454285
Aman?
>>
File: 1403912286607.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1403912286607.gif
428KB, 200x183px
TERA is fine. Not special, just a solid game.

FFXIV is good if you want a MMO that's focused on the story, but once you beat the story you're pretty much done. It's a Final Fantasy game first, MMO second.

Planetside 2 is okay for an MMOFPS, but it's not as good as the first one. If you never played the first one, you'll probably like it well enough.

Star Trek Online is okay, but again, it's more of a single player game with MMO elements. If you like Star Trek it's for you.

Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen (which has an alpha or beta out, not sure which) are fun if you like Space, and EVE is good if you like metagame.

That's all I know.
>>
>>323454421

I want a FFXIV type game, but goes beyond the story.

That's all I want.
>>
>>323451032

Tera is fun for about a week and only if you role a melee class such as warrior.

It starts getting really boring by level 35 because by then they start throwing the same enemies at you over and over again.
>>
>>323453462
You see heres the reason. Besides the favoritism with the Elin, After playing the game in Closed Betas, Open Beta, prelaunch and then retail, I got burned out of the repeat launcher issues, then the server merges (now better) but the worst of them all: the terrible player base. Yes I go on 4chan and I am used to the banter and /b/ tier shit, but when you repeatedly have pedo behavior and talk in the game channels I am not going to stay in the game. A few times if fine, but when you keep seeing it I am scared for the people who play the game.
>>
File: ninja.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
>>323454285
elin is getting shinobi/ninja too.
>>
>>323451032
>Tera

Might as well play blade and soul
>>
>>323454358
idk they'll probably release it in the future, brawler just came out.
>>
It's the most boring MMO on the market, Tera that is, the combat does not save the horrendous quest and world design.
>>
>>323453981

All females of races get exclusives, with Castanic and High elf females sharing the gunner class.

The real gameplay reason is that they have very small hit boxes and faster animation frames.
>>
Blade & Soul is coming out on 19th, free to play.
Black Desert Online on Q1 2016, it will be buy to play.

Anyone have any experiences with any of these?
>>
>>323454836

>Shitting on the world design
Tera has a very pretty world, in fact most K-rpgs do.
>>
>>323454421
>FFXIV is good if you want a MMO that's focused on the story, but once you beat the story you're pretty much done. It's a Final Fantasy game first, MMO second.

No. It's MMO first, story second and you're delusional if you believe otherwise.

TOR is all about the story, in that they have no real endgame, and their focus in future updates is story.
>>
>>323453984
Just out of interest: how did you get to that conclusion? Not like I would want an imbecile like you to even play the game, just wondering.
>>
>Gender locked races
Yeah okay, if that's your lore.
>Gender locked classes
Fucking why? It's not like they are even feminine classes like a Valkyrie or something, it's gunner and brawler.
>>
>>323455041
>Tera has a very pretty world, in fact most K-rpgs do.
It's pretty bland, that's the only thing pretty about it. It takes more than just sparkle to really make things shine ya know.
>>
>>323455067
It's pretty much Story first, MMO second.

The story is pretty much all you can do besides grinding for gear and doing daily quests.
>>
>>323454653

For some reason in my play through a lot of Elin users were women (confirmed through vent).
>>
>>323451032
the secret world

tera was boring played a panda berserker stopped at lvl 40 since everything was copy pasted
>>
Played it to level 30 (I think). The women are sexy but the breast physics are not good, like if you talk to an NPC from behind they turn around to talk to you but you see the breasts trailing behind but really oddly.

Apart from that the world is pathetic, instead of a big open map you have a series of corridors that have frequent intersections. So it pretends to be open but you never really can see far ahead. The combat can be nice since you have to aim but aiming and spamming your skills on an enemy or tabtargeting and spamming your skills doesnt change a lot. Also most quests are the generic kill X quests.

It just feels like all the other korean MMOs, they look pretty and endgame armor is over the top but storyline, gameplay and variety is nil
>>
>>323455096

I looked at the screenshots and gameplay.
>>
>>323455245
>It's pretty much Story first, MMO second.
Having a few story quests every six months and having nothing for endgame does not make it more of a FF game. It makes it a game, that has disappointing content after the expansion was released.

Contrast to Tor, which specifically made the multiplayer segments volunteer only, and made it so you can mostly focus on doing story quest till 65.
>>
>>323451032

FFXIV
>>
>>323454935
Blade and soul is really good if you like pvp.

BDO is a character creator with a game on the side.
>>
>>323455202

Maybe it's just my experience with western MMO's.

At the time I had just left GW2 with the rage of a 1000 suns and I hated every bit of it's shitty world design.

The Salad race had their Mary sue plot device called the Pale tree, which in concept art looked like a massive glowing tree. In the game is was nothing more than a big white flower. This combined with some of the shitty renders in WoW made me question the capabilities of western devs to not half-ass a design.

So when I played Tera the first thing I saw was a big fucking beautiful tree

Not all the territories were outstanding, but they all had some sort of charm to them in Tera.

Like the badlands territory was kind of bland but you had massive space whales flying around all the time.

What would you say has the nicest territories in an MMO?
>>
File: titan clash.jpg (244KB, 834x899px) Image search: [Google]
titan clash.jpg
244KB, 834x899px
>>323451032
>People praise Tera for it's great combat
>Played it for 2 hours it's terrible
>Uninstall it and go back to playing an even more dead game but with good combat, Vindictus
>>
>>323455574
You aren't wrong about TOR being a single player game first, but I'm just saying that FFXIV is also one, if not as much.

If there is no endgame after the story, then that goes to show that it's focused on the story.
>>
>>323455837

I like PvP, but I don't like PvP on its 'own'.

And from what I've seen, Blade and Soul literally looks like a fighting game combined with some MMO elements.
>>
>>323455978

I wish we'd get a game with the story content of FFXIV, with an endgame content to match.

But we never will.
>>
>>323454935
>Blade & Soul
Ok if you want an arena based PVP MMO that doesnt do anything different, has an arbitrary combat system that gives the illusion of choice, love limited OW PVP (need to flag yourself to be attacked AND we of the opposite faction) and generally dont play MMOs for MMOs. BnS is basically a poor attempt that turning MMOs into a competitive title. I dislike it because of how bland the main features and combat system are, but that doesnt mean that its bad. Its pretty decent if thats your type of thing, although I dont really see why anyone would play that steaming pile of shit over an actual competitive game.

>Black Desert Online
Supposed to be sandbox. Let me split this into two parts: What BDO was supposed to be and what it currently is in KR.

BDO had the potential to be the best sandbox MMO to have ever been released. Great combat and combo system, impeccable visuals, ridiculously detailed world, open end farming, everything being open world including dungeons and potential rates, shit ton of minigames for people who want to do nothing but fish, breed pets or tame horses and an encouraging OW PKing system.

What BDO is in KR is a shell of that. OW PK was killed with a ridiculous karma system which chopped the biggest part of the potential freedom. There simply is no incentive to PK people anymore, unless you fight GvG or Siege wars. The rest got somewhat dumbed down, its easier to make money and KR sells gear on the cash shop to its literally P2W.

However, for EU the gear shop will be gone, the karma is supposed to get adjusted (no one knows by how much yet and it might not be enough, which is what I personally expect) and the biggest flaws will stay. New content will probably be delayed (Valencia is a PK paradise continent and encourages killing people but KR exclusive atm and no idea when it will hit EU).

If EU BDO isKR BDO = failure
If EU BDO is adjust KR BDO = great potential
>>
>>323455978
>You aren't wrong about TOR being a single player game first, but I'm just saying that FFXIV is also one, if not as much.
No. Because inf FF14 the focus is still clearly on endgame, and the game is suffering because of it. It's not a FF game because it's still a stupid gear progression treadmill and majority of the content produced is balanced around the 1% that raids, see diadidem or however you spell it. In tor there is literally no reason to grind gear, they aren't planning on releasing raids, I don't know when the last raid released was, and there isn't really any reason to grind for gear other than fashion. FF is a good game till endgame, but don't try to sell it for more than it is.
>>
>>323456162
It would be great, but we can't get it because that would mean splitting the workforce.

We either get a great story and shit endgame, like FFXIV, or a shit story and a decent endgame, like early WoW.

A split almost always tends to make an okay story and an okay endgame, but that means it's nothing special.
>>
>>323455401
>I looked at [...] gameplay.
Again, how did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>323455837
>Blade and soul is really good if you like pvp.
To a cripple who generally sucks at proper competitive games maybe. Which is basically what all people who play BnS for more than a week do.

>BDO is a character creator with a game on the side.
Laughable.
>>
>>323456536

Well I'd rather have early WoW, without it being a 'WoW clone'.
>>
>>323453826
>>323453779
???? he asked about pedos, why are you posting full figured women with birthing hips?
>>
Unless they drastically changed the mechanics of BDO, I'm pretty sure the people who are shitting on it are misinformed and have never played it.
>>
kewl at start. boring as fuck till max lvl, pretty cool at end game dungs, tho there will be a point were you'll have to have a static party or a big helpful guild to advance since itll be impossible to find a group without
>>
>>323453459

If I were to pick this up, could you help me get going? MMO's are boring solo
>>
>>323456901
It's shit mate. Even the koreans think so.
>>
>>323457052
>Even the koreans think so
Yeah, the same koreans who trades BW and SC2 for shit like Bns. The same koreans who forced PA to turn the game into a gigantic hug box because they didnt like to get killed while fishing. Korean opinions sure are valuable.
>>
>>323451032
see /terag/ on /vg/
>>
>>323454675
well they had to add new classes to the elins since as you can see even the NA is pretty dead and elins are the only ones keeping it alive, i would surely play a while if elins get a new class, didnt care much for the brawler because i main a elin zerker tank that is pretty much useless with the brawler along but i still love my zerker more than the rest and will usually withcontent patches get the best gear on it first then quit.
>>
>>323457328
>SC2
>Good at all

You're funny. Have fun with your character creator
>>
>>323454684
>wants to play a game that isnt out yet in the west.
>isnt butthurt about them not releasing the game in the west alongside Tera 4 years ago.
>isnt fond of cute elins that tear shit apart

bru why so sad
>>
>>323451032
Refreshing gameplay and neat looking style/aesthetic is probably the only good things i can say about this game
But literally everything else is pretty bad.
>still making gender/race locked classes
>community is among the worst i personally experienced next to assfaggots community
>endgame is trivialized further and further
>questing is the same old kill y an x amount of times, and gather this many x
>>
>>323451032
>MMO market has been horrendous the last few years

Don't support a game that is too lazy to release new classes on every race. TERA does the very bare minimum in every aspect.
>>
>>323456536
FFIV endgame needs all the help it can get, fuck the story for now.

Endgame for FFIV is:
>Law grind until you can Eso grind
>Eso is capped at 450 a week
>Keep grinding until you can do Alex NM for welfare 190's

Welcome to endgame, for more gear options:
>Get your ilvl high enough to do void ark, which is also capped per week
>Get your ilvl high enough to do KOTR Ex
>Try to do Alex savage which is horribly overtuned to the point where Yoshi had to admit it was overtuned.

But wait, here comes 3.1
Fuck all the above and just run Diadem for 210 gear. Good fucking job SE.

Nice game.
>>
File: 1389338682989.gif (1012KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1389338682989.gif
1012KB, 300x300px
>>323455574
As someone that has been playing FFXIV since phase 4 I think its more story than MMO at least for me. I know a lot of new people that get into the game dont read the story at all and just rush into end game content and then complain how bad the game is when they really know nothing about the story. MMO wise id say its really nothing extraordinary its solid, although not perfect. Now if you actually read the story and dont rush content It becomes an excellent game.
Heavensward has a good story so far leveling through it was fun I think the thing that really fucked it up was the 6 month content break yoshi-p and the team took. Yeah yeah maybe they did need a vacation but they really should have planned ahead. 6 months of waiting and we get some shit RTS gold saucer game that no one plays except for the people that win trade for the tournaments, on Cactuar the same 3 people have been taking first place in TT tournaments since the shit released same with LoV.

The things that annoy me the most in FFXIV are
-Waifu faggots
-real money traders
-faggots that fantasia every week
-people going into dungeons as school girls or bunnys or naked
-Books as main hand weapons
-Bards
-lack of summoner summons.

I have fun still.
>>
>>323458573
Wouldn't want those people who are late/undergeared to unsub because they are behind on gear! :^)
>>
>tfw still logging into flyff once in a while
>can play for like 30 min without seeing anyone
>>
>>323458896
You don't have to rush through content to get through it.

At most you get thirty hours out of heavensward story, the story may be good, but that does not make it a story focused game. It's still and endgame focused game.
>>
>>323451032
It's garbage.
Try mabinogi and wakfu. They're dead, but they have impressive ideas that everyone needs to know about.

The only still alive MMO worth playing right now is Eve.
Inb4 the retard suggesting CoD is an MMO.
>>
File: 1419202807054.png (32KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1419202807054.png
32KB, 470x512px
I still play RO every now and then, never was able to completely abandon it
>>
Tera's a cool game with interesting combat and a lot of potential. Updates are relatively frequent.

The biggest problem is that the devs are glue-sniffing retards. BHS keeps removing cool content for no reason, introduce new bugs, reintroduce old bugs, makes dumb changes that no one like and that can't be justified even as a money-milking idea. They outright don't use assets that are in the game files and refuse to sell most stuff people would want.
>>
>>323459608
>mabinogi
more mmo's or games in general should experiment with that whole reincarnation system
That shit was real fuckin neato when i first looked into it. It's a shame the game aged like milk.
>>
why do mmos have the following

>boring as fuck quests
>minimal story
>minimal lore
>long ass boring tutorials created for retards who can't comprehend any language
>end game that's fun for a month and boring immediately after

I just don't understand how they all have this. Even though call of duty is literally just shooting people, it's more fun. What the fuck is up with that?
>>
/v/ tibia group W H E N?
>>
>>323459834
Because you've only ever played wow-clones.
>>
File: 1450210914020.gif (440KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1450210914020.gif
440KB, 500x669px
>>323455397
well about the open world thing unless its a instance you can go anywhere on the main map, with any route but if you do that you might risk falling trough the land, before they added the fall damage again the only way out from the endless pit was by via priest or a GM, cause even the unstuck didnt work, now once youve learned the map and which part you can step on you can basically climb the highest mountains and have a nice view of the whole map ofcourse low quality since you were never meant to go there but you can, it was just great going on a expedition with some random elins and spend the next 2 hours spamming space in walkmode, before you had to spam your inventory and jump then you would glitch higher unless ur pc was godlike for the game not to stutter. all in all its a great game if you play as elin and max out your charslots with them and buy more charslots from TB and get more elins/or one of the new classes, having maxed all the classes and some more i can say the game stops being fun at that moment well aslong as you have people to play with you can go longer but usually you loose most regulars on your way to 65.
>>
What would be the perfect mmo for you /v/?
>>
>>323459961
Which is literally all of them except GW1, which does stray from the stated norm, but is effectively an always-online ARPG.
>>
>there will never be a game like age of wushu but made by a competent dev
>>
>>323459834

MMO's are games of limitations far behind the current gen.

In the days of WoW the tab targeting combat was practically designed to function under the games immensely shitty latency because americas infrastructure is laughably outdated.
>>
>>323459608
I'd rather go with Elite: Dangerous than EVE, if only because of how STEEP EVE is to get into in comparison to Elite. Plus, the game is shit in EVE, the metagame is why people play.
>>
>>323460068
Tera combat, GW2-like world exploration, SWTOR-like stories, GW1-like endgame, BnS PvP.
>>
>>323460130
How cute! Timmy just discovered MMOs for the first time! Don't worry Timmy, I'm sure you'll learn a lot in no time!
>>
>>323460238
Runescape-like quests?
>>
>>323460172
ED is not an MMO.
>>
>>323460315
Never played Runescape. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>323460359
It's a standard MMO in pretty much every way, but it's quests are some of the best quests of any MMO.
>>
>>323460238
WoW-like races specific leveling zones
>>
>>323460068
Mabinogi with upgarded graphics and no jewing.
Plus ankamaverse lore and secrets.
Plus eve online freedom of player-to-player interactions.
Plus H&H's only-npcs-are-enemies and questlessness.
>>
>>323460554
meant for >>323460438
>>
>>323460554
>not massively multiplayer
>mmo
Choose exactly one.
>hurr cod is ememurrr
>>323460637
DELETE THIS
>>
>>323460554
can you describe your "best quests of any MMO"?
>>
>>323460438

Runescape quests were generally interesting as each one had its own story and was different.

Even fetch quests had some story you had to follow, it was great.

Not like now where it's "meet X, go to Y, get Z".
>>
>>323460438
Objective based quests. Instead of killing x amount of y or gathering things, you progress doing stuff like exploring and solving mysteries, which usually involves you having to traverse the world talking to people, sometimes needing to use very specific items at a specific times, or navigating mazes.
>>
Leveling in Tera was surprisingly fun to me. All the quests were pisseasy and my favorite PvE thing is running dungeons, fighting bosses and getting loot. That said both my characters are stuck at 60. I never got either to 65 after they raised the cap.
>>
>>323460168
The limitations set in place from decades ago at this point are still very much in place, and whenever a game tries to deviate from those limitations it doesn't hit the market for another 5 years and only reveals itself in a neutered form.

>>323460261
Were you triggered by something?

>>323460238
>GW2-like world exploration
Specifically HoT zones. Core Tyria zones are pretty dull now, Orr being the exception but people barely go.
>>
>>323460741
Just check the wiki.
>>
>>323460741

Try watching a Monkey Madness quest run on youtube or something.

That's an example.
>>
whatever happened to Shroud of the Avatar ?
>>
>>323460359
I'd count it as an MMO. It has a mode that's single player, yes, but that's just the entire map taken offline. You can still play it in a multiplayer setting, and nothing is removed from the multiplayer.
>>
File: 1398864805647s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1398864805647s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>323451032
>Make a brawler class
>Limit it to human females to bring in the lol crowd
>The hefty lizard race aren't allowed to be the literal punch-the-fuck-out-of-people class
>Terafags will defend this

And that's when i stopped caring about the game.
>>
>>323460851
It's so cute when Timmy tries to talk about things he doesn't understand :3c
>>
File: .png (618KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
.png
618KB, 852x480px
>>323459797
>tfw played during the beta and the first two years
>hard as shit BAMS and bosses, holy fuck I love this game
>long as fuck and satisfying grind
>cried for hours after farming all those fanesteels and got perfect MW rolls and +12 weapon

Went back to it sometime last year for nostalgia
>x50 exp rates
>free gold weapons before level 20
>free +12
>BAMs and bosses have cerebral palsy
>>
>>323461076
>I'd count [call of duty] as an MMO. It has a mode that's single player, yes, but that's just the entire map taken offline. You can still play it in a multiplayer setting, and nothing is removed from the multiplayer.
>>
>>323460172
The game is not shit.

>Muh not FPS space shooter

literally the only reason people complain, they expect rogue squadron MMO version, which EVE is not. If you want that, play elite, people won't hate you for it. Combat in eve is fucking delicious, fleet prep and even small scale group combat is insanely complex.
>>
>>323461314
That's retarded.

You don't play the entire single player in CoD multiplayer, Elite: Dangerous isn't a timed instance shooter, and there is a quest system and alliance system, which pretty much every MMO has.
>>
>Tree of Savior ended up being terrible P2W stuff
>Legion wont save WoW
>Forced to keep playing XIV
>>
>>323461193
k

>>323461381
Yeah they're pretty much focused on different needs.
>>
>>323461550

And FFXIV is pretty dull endgame imo, better than others but still.
>>
>>323461690
MMO longevity at least according to my experience on /vg/ is how thin you can spread the erp and degeneracy until the next patch.
>>
>>323461890

Which ties into the endgame.
>>
>>323461525
>That's retarded

>You don't play the entire single player in Elite: Dangerous multiplayer, CoD isn't a timed instance shooter, and there is a quest system and alliance system, which pretty much every MMO has.
L I T E R A L L Y
>>
>>323462081
That makes no sense at all.

Especially since CoD IS a timed instance shooter, you retard.
>>
File: 1447130538232.jpg (123KB, 537x536px) Image search: [Google]
1447130538232.jpg
123KB, 537x536px
>>323461159
>Terafags will defend this
This. Elin don't even look any good for a loli race, yet people still like them and even said it was good that Ninja is exclusive to them rather than something that would fit it better like Castanics.

There's better loli out there for fuck's sake, what makes those chicken leg, down syndrome moeblobs any special?
>>
>>323461159
>new Ninja class came out
>ELIN ONLY

Who thinks of this shit?
>>
>>323462349
MOOT
>>
Tera is alright. It has some neat ideas, the combat isn't bad, and all the classes feel pretty distinct from each other. Like most MMOs though it suffers from having a pretty lame end game, but the trip there is enjoyable enough.

Community is one of the worst I've seen in an MMO though, and not just because of the erpers or Elin lovers. Almost everyone is a huge faggot in some way which gives you even less of a reason to ever want to interact with randoms. You're way better off if you can go in with a few friends to run stuff with instead of flying solo.

I do recommend starting on a PvP server though. They're usually more populated and can actually be pretty fun since you can just start shit with people at any time out in the field. Gank squads and people who camp outside of towns to kill newbies are easy to avoid by just switching channels until you level up more and can get good. Forming your own gank squad with friends is a blast, especially if you play classes that have good synergy with each other.
>>
>>323462262
>That makes no sense at all.

>Especially since E:D IS a timed instance shooter, you retard.

I like how it fits perfectly every time.
>>
>>323460068
Character creation of City of Heroes + amount of sliders of BDO.
Bns or Tera combat/pvp
Runescape quests along with minor non story centric quests like Maplestory's for those who wish to grind but still want small quest rewards.
No Holy trinity of roles, but there are still classes that can heal, or are tankier than others, or damage more than others.
Buy to play, or fair p2p model to avoid BRs
Endgame has attunements but doesn't require heavy autism to do them as a small retard filter.
Player driven economy/politics, little to no vendors, aside from shit like reagents

Anything else i'm missing?
>>
>>323462749
>fair
>p2p
Choose one.
>>
>>323460068
Lost Saga if koreans didn't suck so much at balancing
>>
>>323462623
That's why you should join a guild and stick to it. The 4chan guilds are a good start, then if you really want to you migrate to an hardcore PvP or PvE guild.
>>
>>323462679
But it doesn't.

Elite is LITERALLY a open world space simulator where you can interact with millions of solar systems and do quests or be a bounty hunter or a fuckton of shit, while CoD is a first person, ground based shooter where the only objective is to kill people or capture bases.

HOW THE FUCK are those the same thing.
>>
>>323462623

>started playing Tera with a friend
>I'm a Slayer, he's a Priest
>on a PvP server
>pretty early on, out in the field doing some random quests
>we split up for a bit to gather stuff for the quest objective
>suddenly two guys jump me from out of nowhere
>hold them off the best I can while telling my friend to come help
>he rushes over to us
>keeps me healed while I tank the two
>end up killing one of them
>the remaining one tries to bail and run back to town
>kill him like 5 feet outside of the town before he can enter it

Yeah, PvP is fun.
>>
>>323463013
Are you paid to spout this bullshit? Why do people want to attach the word "mmo" to their silly multiplayer games nowadays?
>>
>>323463534
You killed 2 awful people if you did it on a slayer.

They should uninstall.
>>
>>323463610
No. I just know it's an MMO because that's what an MMO is.

How is EVE an MMO, or Star Citizen an MMO, but Elite ISN'T an MMO?
>>
>>323464004
>Gow is WoW an MMO, or SWG an MMO, but fable2 2 ISN'T an MMO?
I laughed!
>>
>>323464004
Star Citizen is not even a game yet much less an MMO
>>
>>323464215
Fable 2 isn't online.

You're pulling so much shit out of your ass and hoping some of it sticks, it's fucking insane.
>>
>>323460315
TSR has hands down the best quest design like ever.
>>
I'm looking up Black Desert Online right now, this may be what I'm looking for, but my question is, is it B2P or Subscription-based? I can't find a definitive answer, but it looks like one-time buy.
>>
>>323464382
>Fable 2 isn't online.
MY FUCKING SIDES!
>>
>>323464730
Well? Are you gonna dispute that, or are you going to just keep flinging shit?
>>
>>323464694
Nvm, found it. FAQ is useful, but poorly placed.
>>
>>323464694

One-time buy.
>>
>>323462749
>Bns or Tera combat/pvp
Pfffffff
>>
>>323465205

What would you choose?
>>
>>323465205
The whole list reeks of someone who's only ever played what reddit told him to play.
>>
>>323465198
>>323465023
Only thing I can't find now is the actual release date and if it has been announced yet.
>>
>>323465395

Q1 I think.
>>
>>323465496
We're in Q1. I was thinking a tad more specific.
>>
>>323465682

Nah, just Q1.
>>
>>323465286
Arche Age has better 1v1 arenas than BnS
BDO better combat than Tera (and arguably better PVP than BnS and Tera, in before someone linking 16+ gear PVP and saying lol nyce two shots lmao xD)

BnS combat is only valued by people who are too bad for proper competitive games. Its a laughably limiting system and the only reason you think of it as good is because of the illusion of choice, which is nothing but an illusion.
>>
>>323456804
Retards confuse shortstacks for lolis.
>>
>>323465771

Ah alright.

I'm looking forward to BDO desu.
>>
>>323465925
No reason to do so if CBT2 didnt get a boatload of adjustments.
>>
>>323466007

I'll honestly be happy even with the Korean version.
>>
>>323451032
trash. and dead. it was dead 2 fucking years ago. even deader now
>>
>>323466257
Yeah no, fuck that game. Might as well just play RU if youre EU and save the money or KR if youre US.
>>
>>323466361

But I don't have the game.
>>
>>323466562
So test it. RU is literally free and requires the use of a VPN for 5 seconds. KR costs like 9 bucks for an account.
>>
>>323466653

I didn't realize, ok.
>>
FFXIV is the better MMO overall

Try it right now OP before it's goes to shit
>>
>>323468424
Top kek.
>>
File: 1445606402798.gif (17KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1445606402798.gif
17KB, 150x150px
>>323458896
>not liking naked schoolgirl bunnies

why even live
>>
>game has free aiming
>enemies consist of one hitbox the size of half your screen

wish they would have done more with this (multiple smaller weakspots etc.)
>>
>>323451032
Guild Wars 2 is good for a pseudo-action MMORPG. TERA is good for bringing typical action gameplay to a MMO but it's brought down by its KMMO roots. ESO honestly hits all marks that TERA was aiming for, but you'll never be able to talk about it with other people. FFXIV is good for something familiar but radically different for WoW fans. SWTOR is alright if you're looking for something to do at all but all the classes are homogenized and the MMO elements are toned down immensely due to ded game.
>>
>>323453330
blade and soul
>>
>>323471205
Top kek
>>
>>323471140
>Gw2
>good

It's one of the first MMO's ever.
>>
>>323470807
When the game launched, there were many mechanics like this. Certain monsters took bonus damage when you hit them under the chin, in the leg, etc.
Shame they neutered BAMs when they launched f2p
>>
Pso2 has the best combat mechanics. Good character customization too. I wish it wasn't an old game though.
>>
>>323456204
Western BDO devs are in talk with Pearl Abyss to make crucial changes to the game based on feedback from the people who just played CBT-1.
Seriously wish everyone would stop talking about the KR version already.
>>
>>323460068
dark age of camelot 2.0
>>
>>323474030
Archeage did just that and ended up making a game worse than the original.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.