[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controllers Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (865KB, 1175x798px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
865KB, 1175x798px
Help me decide on what controller to get. Do I get one of the Xbox ones, the Steam one or do I stick with my trust Rumblepad 2 that I've been using for nearly 10 years now.
>>
>>323450963
Steam controller.
>>
>>323450963
do you like your rumble pad 2
>>
>>323451097

Well, yeah I do. But since I never tried anything else I don't know if I could do better or not.
>>
>>323450963
I have the logitech one, it works
>>
>>323450963
The wired 360 controller is god-tier, but if you like what you got, stick with it. I've been using my wired 360 controller for what feels like 7 years.
>>
Stick to your regular controller unless you want to play total war/civ v types of games on your couch
>>
>>323451394

This.

The wired 360 is the go to for PC gamepads. It's cheap, reliable, and highly compatible.

At the end of the day though, it all comes down to preference.

I honestly prefer the Ps3 controller because of it's native bluetooth support, and how natural it feels while emulating PSX/PS2 games
>>
>>323451781
I personally prefer the xbox one controller on PC. The sticks feel better and the D-pad is god tier.
>>
>>323450963
I have the Logitech one, it's alright but is worth the cheap price. The D-pad is kinda shit and the triggers are wonky feeling though. I've also tried the Xbox controller and it's pretty much better in every way aside from price.
>>
>>323450963
i'm too planing to get controller tomorrow. should i get xbox 360 wired or some ps controller for pc?
>>
>>323451886
You must be using it wrong. I hate the xbox one controller, get a ps4.
>>
>>323452105

It's people like you that used both that I want to hear more from. When you say you used the xbox controller and found it better, do you mean the 360 or xbone?
>>
>>323451886

I'd honestly look into buying an Xbone controller, but I refuse to shell out $25 for some proprietary microshaft dongle, on top of $60 for a controller.

A regular bluetooth usb adapter is $5, and you can buy Ps3 controllers for cheap now that the new gen has been here so long.

It's honestly the best wireless controller solution, and surprisingly hardy for how light it feels.
>>
File: xbox kontroll.jpg (274KB, 1917x1041px) Image search: [Google]
xbox kontroll.jpg
274KB, 1917x1041px
>>323450963
Xbone gamepad. Is is basically a 360 gamepad with a vastly superior dpad. Just make sure you get good drivers for it because it caused some issues for me until I changed them, picture related.
>>
>>323452281

Does everyone like their controllers light? My Rumblepad has some weight to it and I like it like that.
>>
I'm really loving the Xbone controller on my PC. It's big so I don't get handcramps like I did with the DS4 (used on my PC since 2014) which I also love, but after sometime my hand would hurt a little. Both current gen controllers are great, and perform excellently.

The Xbone is large, uses batteries, but requires a proprietary dongle to get to work wirelessly.

The DS4 is a great controller, but isn't supported on the PC without the use of DS4Windows but that allows you to use the track pad for your mouse, which is cool too.
>>
>>323452470
DS4 also works with InputMapper but I can't get mine to go wireless on Steam.
>>
>>323452692
I just use a bluetooth adapter and DS4Windows and mine works fine. What do you mean "go wireless on steam" anyway?
>>
>>323450963
why does no one like the ds4. its god tier
>>
>>323452456

I honestly don't have a preference when it comes to weight, and disliked the Ds3 because it felt light and "cheap" but I have to admit, it being so light saved it from some falls that would have broken heavier controllers.

I've dropped the thing more times than I can count, onto a solid concrete floor, and it still functions flawlessly after 6-7 years.

There are some chips and scuffs on the shell, but everything mechanical still functions like new.
>>
>>323452281
I'm a richfag so it's not really a problem for me. I work at a pretty large company full of richfags who like spending their money on shit they won't use and then selling them at half price barely used so I get a lot of cheap shit.
Helps that I was born poor, I am much better at handling money than my coworkers as a result.
>>
>>323450963
Order an official xbox 360 controller off amazon.
profit.
If you can, get a PS4 controller.
>>
>>323450963
I use the steam controller, dualshock 3 and xbone controller.

the steam controller is fucking terrible, cant even do what its meant to replace

the xbone controller is god tier for racing games and pretty good for console ports and it has high compatibility so it be played with any game supporting controllers. But its dpad is still flawed with its position and size

the dualshock 3 is the only controller for emulating old consoles like gba, nes, ps1, nds, ps2 and others because of its top tier dpad and its location and with its great bumpers and large buttons.
>>
File: dualshock.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dualshock.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
h-hi
>>
>>323452896
I have to plug in the controller through USB even though my computer says it's paired. But my computer has built in bluetooth instead of an adapter. And it also lets you use the touchpad as a mouse.
>>
I've tried both 360 and xbone ones. 360 is pretty good, but bumpers and triggers are very loud. Bumpers click, triggers squeak. D-pad is kinda crap, so keep that in mind if the games you want to play use it a lot.

Xbone one fits in hands better, has better quality everything, especially the d-pad. My only concern is that rapidly pushing the sticks to the edge of their slots makes a bit too much noise. Wish they had some sort of rubber padding there. Otherwise it's awesome.
>>
>>323453178

It's not a questing of having the money or not.

It's a matter of principal.

They should package the dongle with the controller, if anything.

They probably cost 50 cents to make, if that.
>>
>>323452262
Ive never owned an xbox and it was my friends controller, I believe it was an Xbone one though, all I know is that it was wired.

We were playing fighting games and the difference between the two was astounding.
>>
>>323450963
>360 pad
Can't go wrong, it works fine for just about anything you would want a controller for.
>xbox one
Can't comment as I haven't used it, would assume same thing as 360 pad.
>logitech pad
Doesn't exactly look comfy, can't comment as I've never used it.
>steam controller
Fucking hit or miss with people, personally love mine, you can set it up to work like a normal controller and it works fine, the strength of the steam controller really builds up when you customize your controls and set up shift buttons. pretty comfy to play civ 5 with a controller as well granted a bit slow. As of right now its still a fucking nightmare to set up steam controller controls because you have to do it in big picture mode.
>>
File: rumblepad2.png (232KB, 491x355px) Image search: [Google]
rumblepad2.png
232KB, 491x355px
>>323453516
>logitech pad
>Doesn't exactly look comfy

Pics really don't do this controller justice. It has prolonged horns on the back where the bumpers are which hold your ring fingers in natural and snug. The d-pad and bumper buttosn are a bit wobbly but otherwise it's a very solid built controller and a steal for the price.
>>
>>323454028

forgot to mention this is definitely a controller for people with smaller hands
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.