[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was it better than the first one /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: luigi'smansion2.png (312KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
luigi'smansion2.png
312KB, 400x338px
was it better than the first one /v/?
>>
The vaccuum physics were improved.
It sucked.
>>
>>323434743
I like backtracking in games, but making it so that you have to rescan an area you already scanned because the collectables are placed differently in each mission was fucking infuriating. Such incredibly bad design.
>>
>>323435003
kek
>>
>>323434743
Hell no. The mission structure and E. Gadd's constant blabbering ruined it. Total disappointment.
>>
>>323435157

they also removed all of the unique ghost which if you ask me was literaly the thing that made luigi mansion, luigi mansion
>>
>>323434743
>no human like ghosts
>no darker themes
>toad missions

No.
>>
Atmosphere and personality wise no

But gameplay,puzzle and interaction wise yes
>>
No way. I still liked it, but nothing beats the original in compact perfection.
>>
>>323434743
It was a lot better. The first one was a glorified tech demo.
>>
Gameplay mechanics yeah

everything else no. its still pretty good though
>>
Never thought I'd say this.
The game is too long. The first one was better because before it got any more repetitive, it ended. Dank Moon, however, takes twice as long to beat. Maybe even more than that.
>>
>>323434743
I haven't even finished the game yet probably because playing it made me feel nauseous for some reason.

I like how there was more than one mansion in the game, but I didn't like how generic looking the ghosts were. Also no more portrait ghost was a bummer, but I thought the first boss was pretty cool.
>>
>>323435076
But I actually enjoyed that. I thought it was fun to go through the same level but have to look for the slight variations from the last one to find all the collectibles. Like those "spot the difference" visual puzzles but you're a scared shitless and sometimes humming Luigi playing ghostbuster.
>>
How does this run on dolphin? Heard about it since the day it came out but never bothered with it
>>
File: 1443050132862.jpg (42KB, 396x430px) Image search: [Google]
1443050132862.jpg
42KB, 396x430px
Music sucked so no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdtM1hiQCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JWZ0mlX94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTNFo6Ib2A

A lot of charm and atmosphere was conveyed through the music
https://youtu.be/5Mps6dUJIVs
https://youtu.be/shlYw_J1ulk
https://youtu.be/MLJ4TgCl4IA
https://youtu.be/U1eHCPdrJko

It wasnt creepy or anything but it definatly left an impression over Spookyville 3DS
>>
>>323438056
>Also no more portrait ghost was a bummer,
This killed the game.
>Make a sequel
>Don't bring back a core mechanic that was teh best part
I swear, what the fuck is wrong with modern nintendo.
>>
>>323434743
It's too different to compare, really.
Is online still alive?
>>
File: basedgod.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
basedgod.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>323440273
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTNFo6Ib2A
loved hearing this ost when I boot up the game for the first time in 6 years
>>
>>323440740
Not just that but the whole sound direction was fucking ace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msawPaLLrkw
Skip to 3:00 for the rendition of totakas song
>>
>>323439254
it runs fantastic. mirrors are a bit glitchy in looks but nothing too bad.
>>
>>323440498
Yes. you can find rooms but they're arent alot in my experience a couple days ago
>>
I want to see the Mario brand experiment like this again with a different setting.
>>
this one was more of a game honestly,generally better overall.
>>
File: sweet luigi and hella gadd.png (180KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
sweet luigi and hella gadd.png
180KB, 500x376px
The worst part of the game is having to go back to base after every checkpoint.

What we could have had:

>Luigi go to this mansion!
>I'll bother you every once in a while with new info
>you explore the entire fucking mansion if you want

What we got:

>Luigi we need the key
>get the key
>okay come back
>luigi turn the power on
>turn it on
>okay come back
>luigi you need to unlock this door
>unlock it
>okay come back
>luigi you need to etc
>etc
>okay come back

repeat for several mansions.

That and the multiplayer is fucked

>Climb X floors!
>if someone disconnects you're one less luigi for the rest of the run
>you'll be lucky if you can climb 5 floors without losing someone
>>
>>323434743
The first game had far more creative 'portrait' ghosts.
Second game felt like they made it in the most lazy way possible, several essentially identical levels. Plus the interconnectedness of the mansion in one really made the game.
I just marathoned luigis mansion on dolphin yesterday, even after playing it god know how many times over I still cant gold frame boolossus
>>
>>323440740
Beat so funky makes me wanna drop a freestyle
>>
The mission based system, multiple mansions/worlds system, more lighthearted atmosphere and most of the ghost visual designs were significantly worse.

Better vacuum fights and puzzles though.
>>
>>323442038
the mission thing is the result of Nintendo&co making games differently on handhelds then on consoles.
>>
>>323442239
>multiple mansions/worlds system
this is a pro not a con

the others are right though
>>
>>323434743
Not even close. It had some really nice additions, don't get me wrong, but making it mission based made it a pain in the ass and substracted a ton from the setting.
>>
>>323442239

The mission based system was built for a handheld

But it made things easier to do and search without needing to go through a long and annoying time waster to get there

I don't understand why people pretend this design is bad

It's to push the "Pick up and play" experience and it's not like it's fucking Mario Sunshine where you can do things before entering a level, you had to walk for Atleast 5 fucking minutes every time you open a new area in Luigi's Mansion
>>
>>323442239
>more lighthearted atmosphere
no. the game came out in 2001. most of the people in this thread were probably like 9-12 when it came out. LM1 looked "scary" to us because we were kids. Playing it now both games are light hearted as fuck
>>
>>323442474
It just feels like it woulda been funner the other way
>>
>>323442038

People seem to forget that this is a handheld

People also seem to forget that we started at the very fucking beginning of the mansion every time we turn the original game on and have to walk through silent corridors of fucking nothing to progress

It's not about "exploring the mansion" you could already fucking do that in every mission in Dark Moon
>>
>>323442239

>Mission and Multiple mansion theme is bad

Nah fuck you they were able to flex concepts better than simply shoving one concept in a single room in Luigi's Mansion
>>
>>323434743

Nope, not one bit.
>>
>>323442474
It's all about the exploration and the setting. Even if it's cartoony and silly, the first game had a nice atmosphere to it. The mission structure absolutely kills all that and all the pacing, and built for a handheld my ass, the missions end up being long as fuck, since you're pretty much forced to explore the same areas over and over again. It's terrible design and padding.
>>
the true question is which mansion was the best? I'm leaning towards the towers or the mine
>>
>>323442632

No it fucking wouldn't

Also people have a misconception, the mission structure doesn't stop you from exploring the mansion, you still have to and get rewarded with more money when you do
>>
>>323442837

>It's about th exploration and setting

Except that's what Dark Moon does, especially since your encouraged to treasure hunt for the gems

Mission structure or not, people need to stop acting that the original structure was okay, there's no point in exploring fucking nothing
>>
>>323434743

The 2nd game had way better puzzles, more difficult and engaging boss battles, and a much larger variety of areas. The 1st game had much better atmosphere and slightly better controls. Overall I prefer 2.
>>
>>323442907

Haunted Tower's was great because you wouldn't even notice that the music was supposed to be the same song

As well as the Lightning and rain being great for the setting
>>
>>323443198
>Haunted Tower's was great because you wouldn't even notice that the music was supposed to be the same song
I actually didn't notice until the third place
>>
I prefer replaying the first one due to it's length and atmosphere and not having to scan every single thing on the map 3 times (both lights and the shake) but Dark Moon was at least a complete game.

Also Dark Moon's final boss was way better.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>323434743
It was shit and I'm tired of Neotendrones defending the work of pussywhipped Canadians. Next Level Cucks stopped being worth a damn past Punch-Out on the Wii. Ever since then Miyamoto and friends have had them on a leash.

I'm sure you guys will unironically enjoy and defend that piece of shit Federation Force too, because that's how things work around here, isn't it? :3c
>>
>>323444267
that talking section before the last fight was pure gold.
>>
>>323434743
God no.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.