[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jak and Daxter Worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: ratchet_and_jak.jpg (397KB, 862x612px) Image search: [Google]
ratchet_and_jak.jpg
397KB, 862x612px
>Should I buy Jak and Daxter Collection if I didn't enjoy Ratchet and Clank. I've heard Jak is much better.
>>
>>323430438
It's much better
>>
>>323430438
Stick to your assfaggots.
>>
>>323430438
Jak 1 is good, forget the rest. After that they turned it into a shitty GTA clone aimed at edgy 13 year olds.
>>
>>323430562
Ignore this retard.

Jak 2 is arguably the best in the series. 2 and 3 are substantially different games though.

That said if you didnt like R&C you have shit taste and should probobly just play undertale or Rise of Tomb Raider or something
>>
File: man-with-no-taste.jpg (68KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
man-with-no-taste.jpg
68KB, 800x449px
>>323430438
>I didn't enjoy Ratchet and Clank
>>
Up Your Arsenal a best

Jak II a best
>>
>>323430438
>I've heard Jak is much better.
From who?

Whoever they are, never listen to or talk to them ever again.
>>
>>323430789
ignore this retard!

Only good one is Jak 1. Others are just horible and boring.

Ratcher and Clank is a way ahead jak series with better game play and character and humor.
>>
>>323430789
>you have shit taste and should probobly just play undertale
"Things an edgy 13 year old would say".
>>
So the GDQ effect is true
>>
>>323430562
>acting retarded
Jak and Daxter is a great game. More platformer than anything, if that's your forte. Jak 2 is drastically different, takes place in a city environment and now has guns. Still a fun game, just changes tones and is significantly harder. Jak 3 is a bit more light hearted than 2, but still keeps the core gameplay elements, and isn't nearly as hard. Driving dune buggies is fun too.

I don't like the Ratchet games either and I love the Jak games, so I'm betting you will too.
>>
>>323431056
but its true he indeed have shit taste
>>
File: 1433502343410.png (152KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1433502343410.png
152KB, 500x374px
>>323431053
>Only good one is Jak 1. Others are just horible and boring.

How the fuck is one allowed to have such shit taste?
>>
I should probably clarify I only played the first Ratchet and clank game. I havn't touched the PS3 games. But I'm guessing they're pretty much copy and pasted.
>>
>>323431447
Play Going Commando. The improvements over the first game are extraordinarily dramatic.
>>
>>323431587
Meant to reply to >>323431514
>>
>>323431121
Jak 2 change tone so badly and instead exelent platforming and humor presented in jak1 we got :
Terrible driving sequence in open world with narrow streets
Edgy jack devoid of personality and character
Boring gunplay that mimics RC poorly.
No Checkpoints thus artificial difficulty because GTA3 clone
>>323431447
Every game is unique in some way althou they do have same core gameplay: Shooting Robots with badass weapons and collecting bolts with nice chalange and humor in the background
>>
File: 1451222809178.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1451222809178.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
I haven't played either series in a long while but I used to like R&C more. J&D was cool too but I just love the universe in Ratchet.

Ratchet & Clank collection on PS4 when
>>
Jak 1 is flawless, the other two are okay but I don't consider them J&D games
>>
jak2 is a terible sequel to a great game.
That doesnt mean that they are bad. They are still good and better then most games released last 2 years.
>>
>>323431663
jak 2 has plenty of platforming. The shooting doesnt attmpt to mimick r&c. The driving sequences were all pretty good, if hard.
>>
>>323430438
>Didn't enjoy Ratchet and Clank

What is it like to have such shit taste?
>>
>>323431972
I can see why, though.
All Ratchet and Clank games are very centric on guns. I didn't like that. There's barely any platforming in them.
>>
Jak 1 is a pretty old school platformer but is really fucking easy. 2 does a tonal 180 but imho it is better for it (it has a more interesting story and gameplay) though is pretty difficult in places. 3 takes the best bits of the first two and mashes them together but isn't as good as either of them. Still worth a look though as it is by no means a bad game.
>>
>>323431707
don't worry you'll get a remake of the first one
>>
>>323430789
2 is better than 3
but they are very similar games, 3 is just 2 with a crappier story and more driving
>>
>>323431514
Stop. Don't say another word.

How stupid can one person possibly be?
>>
>>323430789
>implying RotTR is bad

look at this fucking faggot
>>
Rachet and Clank is 100000 times better than Jak and Daxter.
>>
>>323431514
The sequel games play very differently and you're an idiot for assuming there were no changes/enhancements to the gameplay.
>>
>>323435931
Ratchet and Clank is better than most games, in Jak and Daxter's Defense
>>
>>323431514
top lel. Ratchet and Clank is one of the few games to actually implement changes in each sequel.
>>
>>323430438
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Much better?

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ratchet and clank games are longer, have better mechanics, more diverse and large worlds, way more variety when it comes to enemies, actually is challenging at harder difficulties. Better graphics, DOESN'T RUN LIKE COMPLETE SHIT as Jak 2 and 3 (which runs at 25 fps at best). much better writing, more interesting characters. actual boss fights. A fuck load of reasons to play the game again, from being totally OP to new weapons, weapon evolution, new gadgets and new challenges etc.

No, just no. The only great Jak game was the first one. The second one was MEDIOCRE at best. The third is great, but nowhere near any Ratchet game.

People are deluded as fuck if they think J%D are better than R&C series. It just isn't, it's such a simplistic franchise.
>>
Jak and Daxter HD collection is worth it for the first game alone
I marathon'd through the first game in a single night, it was pretty fucking dope. The second game left a bad taste in my mouth, I did not even try the third game.
Daxter is a pretty fun PSP game too
>>
>>323431225
He is right, first game is objectively better than the other 2, and the horrendous jak x that even makes Dealock look a masterpiece by comparison.
>>
>>323430438
How to Piss Off /v/: The Thread
>>
>>323436427
>Jak 2 and 3 (which runs at 25 fps at best)

Never once happened for me. Dial down the autisnm, son.
>>
File: laughing luigi.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing luigi.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>323430438
>I've heard Jak is much better

A H A H A H A
H
A
H
A
H
A

no disrespect to jak though it's a decent series
>>
File: 1425550570554.jpg (47KB, 654x471px) Image search: [Google]
1425550570554.jpg
47KB, 654x471px
Jak 1 is the only good one.

>Not liking Ratchet
>>
>>323430438
>I've heard Jak is much better
>>
>>323436987
I have the games right here with me, both all R&C games and J&D. Don't try to bullshit a PC gamer kid. The game runs like dogshit, both the second and third.

If you have only ever played console game sat 30 fps, you will not notice the game running at a constant 25 FPS, but if you have tried PC, you will now the difference.

J&D games run bad. Specially on the city sections, which the input lag gets higher and higher and you get trough the missions.
>>
Jak 1 is disgustingly overrated. It's a bog-standard collectathon that's well-made but hardly groundbreaking or innovative at all, and is only put on a pedestal by Barney-loving manchildren. Say what you will about Jak 2's edgyness but fusing 3D platforming with GTA mission-styled gameplay was a great idea. Jak 3 improved on 2's flaws and is thus the best of the trilogy.
>>
>>323430438
if you dont like R&C you hate fun.
>>
>>323437325
What system do you have them on? I played both the PS2 and PS3 versions and they worked just fine.
>>
>>323437325
>>323437438
Well? I'm expecting an answer, unless you're just shitposting.
>>
>>323430438
Sure, it's a good series. I didn't care much for Ratchet and Clank either.
>>
File: 1396280037425.jpg (51KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1396280037425.jpg
51KB, 315x315px
Why do Ratchetfags always get their panties in a twist at somebody saying Jak is better? They're both fantastic series and are worthy of your time.
>>
>>323430438
Jak and Daxter is much better. It's really cohesive and has better controls/characters/soundtrack/platforming/combat.

It's also a completely seamless open world, which is awesome.

But seriously, Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3 and even Jak X are all great.
>>
>>323437609
Calm the fuck down, I got connection error.

I played, and still play them on PS2. Using PS3 as an example, which has factually better framerate (look up framerate analysis of those game son the web) is not valid.

You can literally load any level on R&C and take out the disk and continue playing, it will only give you an error when you try to load another level. j&k CAN'T DO THAT, BECAUSE IT CONSTANTLY ACCESSES THE DISK, WHICH IS ONE OF THE REASONS IT HAS FRAME-RATE PROBLEMS. (Caps lock turned on, too lazy to write this shit again).

So yeah. It has bad framerate on PS2. I have both slim and the old launch ps2 with the HDD network expansion bay.

I literally had to restart my browser for this shit to post. FUCK 4CHAN
>>
>>323437909
Jak is an objectively worse and more disjointed series than Ratchet & Clank but I don't have time to discuss this with deniers.

Jak is fun. R&C innovates and pushed boundries.
>>
>>323437351
>>323437351 >edgyness but fusing 3D platforming with GTA mission-styled gameplay was a great idea. No it wasn't, the game tried to fucking hard to be a GTA style type of game and that's what killed it. It's BORING. It tried to be "everything in one game" kinda deal and failed. It literally has no progression system. The weapons are garbage, the platforming has been dumbed down, and the gameplay made slower. The first one while not ground-breaking, has a great art style, amazing open world feel to it, bossfights and overall better mechanics. It was harder too. The first game is the better one, period. Majority agrees with that.
>>
>>323436427
Ratchet's platforming sucks shit compared to Jak's. Also the strafing is laughable.

>Better graphics, DOESN'T RUN LIKE COMPLETE SHIT as Jak 2 and 3 (which runs at 25 fps at best).

My ass they do. I played through both of them on PS3 they ran the exact same.

>much better writing, more interesting characters, actual boss fights

What the flying fuck am I reading?
>>
Did they Butcher the Jack triology?

I may buy it but the fuck ups with the ratchet ports killed me.

>Naughty Dog stopped being fun by the PS3 era

Why?
>>
>>323438268
>R&C innovates and pushed boundries.

In what way did Ratchet 3 innovate over 2? Do tell.

>>323438346
Weren't you the one harping on about innovative and pushing boundaries? Because that's exactly what Jak 2 did, and while it may fall short in SOME areas it innovated more than any Ratchet game as far as I'm concerned.

>the platforming has been dumbed down

This I'm going to have to strongly disagree with, it's the same as the first game, and still better than the platforming in any Ratchet game. If you think otherwise then you're obviously too deluded to argue with.
>>
>>323430438
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>323438072

wow the amount of bullshit this guy spewed is astonishing, Literally ALL of it is bullshit.

>Jak and Daxter is much better.

No it fucking isn't, the critics do not agree, the community does not agree. The awards both games got favour R&C. The sales too.

>It's really cohesive and has better controls

What do you mean by controls? R&C has twitch like mechanics, while J&D is a platformer (the first one), the second is aGTA wannabe, and the third doesn't know what it is. The animations are much much better on R&C the character actually has 360 degrees animation and doesn't just slide like in J&D. + you can switch weapons, melee enemies, jump, run and walk at a much much faster rate.

>/characters
J&D barely has any memorable characters, and the ones that are, are simply changed or outright dispensed.

>/soundtrack
Just no. Ratcher has individual soundtracks to each single level, bossfight and in game cutscene, J&D recycles the same soundtrack over and over again. The amount of different voice actors of both games is also much larger on R&C series. With each individual character having a voice actor.

>/platforming

R&C is not a platformer. And the only good platformer is the first Jak.

>combat.

This is literally so much bullshit that It's not even worst butting, but I will. The amount of weapons, variety, the various types of approach you can have, the combat styles with lock on or lock off mods, the fact that you can go completely melee throughout the game without using a single weapon when you can't do that in Jak, is pure demonstration that R&C has better combat.

>It's also a completely seamless open world, which is awesome.

Which looks all the same due to that. It's either industrial sections, or jungle. Ratchet has from battle star wars to underground, to mines to jungle and moon sized planets. I COULD GO ON.

>But seriously, Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3 and even Jak X are all great.

No.
>>
>>323436510
the series ended at 3, we dont talk about x
>>
>>323438924
Not him but.

Combat mainly. More gimmicks, though they felt so sparingly used that it's a bit odd. The Jump honestly wasn't that big from 2-3 as it was from 1-2.

>Levels introduced with each, new upgrades increasingly before V5(lock on, acid mods etc)
>introduction of weapons like Holoshield
>Multiplayer as a first in series, fun game modes

But can we stop arguing over which one is better please, can't we agree that they both had their niches, and that someone needs to pick up J&D again.
>>
>>323436510
Did you just compare a racer to a platformer?
>>
>>323438507
>Ratchet's platforming sucks shit compared to Jak's.

Ratchet and clank is NOT a platformer you dumb fuck. What the fuck are you even on? Ratchet is a arena style third person action game with RPG elements. What the types of drugs do you have on your system.
>My ass they do. I played through both of them on PS3 they ran the exact same.

PS3 is a REMASTERED HD collection you retarded mut. I was talking about the PS2 versions, and that can be easily proved with a fucking google search. J&D games OBJECTIVELY ran like shit after the second one.

>What the flying fuck am I reading?

Is this your attempt at a comeback kid? Or are you just being an autist? I'm talking about game mechanics and writing, which R&C is superior. But come on, let me see you try and argue this so I can debunk your bullshit since I played both franchises over 20 times.
>>
Best R&C game: UYA/CiT
Best Jak game: 3
Personal Favorites: Jak X and Dreadlocked
>>
>>323439441
>But can we stop arguing over which one is better please, can't we agree that they both had their niches, and that someone needs to pick up J&D again.

You'd better get use to it, every Jak thread will have at least one Ratchetfag shitting on it while propping up Ratchet as the end-all-be-all of platformers.
>>
>>323434379
The only person people are laughing at here is you
>>
>>323438924
>Weren't you the one harping on about innovative and pushing boundaries? Because that's exactly what Jak 2 did, and while it may fall short in SOME areas it innovated more than any Ratchet game as far as I'm concerned.

ME?No...

What boundaries did Jak2 pushed? NOTHING. It's a GTA wannabe with try hard child like gameplay.

Compare it to R&C which had you fight in pretty much every situation, from underwater to space to moon size planets. It's an inferior series. Jak 2 is pure boring at best.
>>
>>323439691
Well, least it's better than every R&C thread becoming a Sly 4 shitposting thread.
>>
>>323436435
You can beat the game in like 2 hours, what do you mean all night?
>>
>>323439831
Unless you want to beat it 100% then it's 5 hours.
>>
>>323439816
I thought Sly fans hated 4?
>>
>>323436427
>LOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
This thread got me in the mood for RnC and JnD.

I should probably wait on PS4 ports of the collections though
>>
>>323440000
Nice quads, but they seemingly do dislike it, dunno if there's someone that didn't mind it/liked it or a shitposter when it's relevant.
>>
File: Razer_render.png (120KB, 259x500px) Image search: [Google]
Razer_render.png
120KB, 259x500px
My, my. Sounds like this city's terribly dangerous. Maybe we should get law enforcement to crack down.
>>
File: 1448303907073.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448303907073.png
129KB, 300x300px
>>323430438
>I didn't enjoy Ratchet and Clank
>>
Driving those cars through the city in Jak 2 would make my blood boil so goddamn much. Fuck ever playing that shit again.
>>
>>323431225
honestly how the fuck does anyone actually like jak 2?
>>
>>323432194
i wouldnt say barely
>>
>>323434379
seriously, leave this board>>323437909
>>
>>323437909
because ratchet and clank is so much better than jak and daxter its not even worth discussion
>>
So much shit taste in this thread. All three of the original Jak games are great. If you believe others then you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>323438507
>Also the strafing is laughable.
What does this mean?

>My ass they do. I played through both of them on PS3 they ran the exact same.
>on PS3

Oh, you're retarded.

>much better writing, more interesting characters, actual boss fights
>What the flying fuck am I reading?

If you think J&D has better anything you're a sad tasteless person. Especially if you think it's writing or humor triumphs R&C
>>
>>323437909
At least some persona has the right mind! Now your using your Brain!
>>
>>323442360
>All three of the original Jak games are great.

replay the games. Jak2 is trash. No. It's not good. It's a bad game.
>>
>>323430438
Jak 1 is still fantastic.

I've never gone back to the other two but I imagine they still hold up okay because the core mechanics aren't too different.
>>
going back to the Jak games now (I've only played the first Ratchet game but I really enjoyed it, not sure why I never purchased it, but it pisses me off the R&C Collection is still $20-30...should be about $10 now imo), but this is how I see them now:

1) Very enjoyable, but short and easy as hell I honestly beat the game in something like 3 hours last time I played it

2) Also very enjoyable, sure some levels are pretty hard but I still think it's fun and decent length...I didn't ever try to get gold on all the minigames though that would be way too frustrating for me

3) Probably the best one, but for some reason when I played it last (which also was my only time, it's the only one I never played on release) it seemed short and almost felt like a side story. Like if you wanted me to describe my favorite levels and such I really couldn't everything's already forgotten by me. I felt the same about Uncharted 3 so idk if Naughty Dog just sucks with making the 3rd game not feel like some lesser game/side story or what.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.