[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i play the dark souls games properly with a mouse and a keyboard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 560b1d6121c96.jpg (70KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
560b1d6121c96.jpg
70KB, 686x960px
Can i play the dark souls games properly with a mouse and a keyboard? If not, which gamepad is the best to get for the pc?
>>
Xbox 360 controller for sure.
The game can be played on mouse and keyboard but I really wouldn't recommend it, I couldn't get past the first area with keyboard and mouse and actually just gave up the game entirely until I got a controller.
>>
>>323427515
You can technically, but its fucking awful even with mods to fix it.

Despite being awful compared to a dualshock 3 the Xbox 360 controller is the best for PC.
>>
>>323427515
there is not best, this is the dark age of gaming and most pc games today only support the 360 controller for fat american hands, anything else and you will have to emulate the 360 controller
Dont use the mouse, jikl + u,h for attacking is better
>>
Also, heads up.
Don't change your window's live account name or it'll delete any saves linked to it.
Learned that the hard way T.T
>>
>>323427515
>which gamepad is the best to get for the pc?

Get PS3 controller, it's the cheapest and objectively the best controller ever.
>>
>>323427609
>>323427627
>>323427665
I guess it's the 360 then.
>>323427834
But is there even one for the pc? I do like the playstation controllers a lot. They just feel so comfy in the hands and they are the only controllers i have played a lot on.

>>323427686
Wait wasn't that windows live shit removed or something? I don't even know if i have an account.

Also another question, are there any other games that would be useful to play on a controller, rather than a mouse and keyboard? Are there any good fighters or something with online matchmaking because i have no friends to play with?
>>
File: marlboro_marine_xlarge.jpg (16KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
marlboro_marine_xlarge.jpg
16KB, 350x233px
>>323427515
>mfw finished DaS with k+m
O+S was goddamn hell, cause targeter was changing for no good reason and fucking up my rolls
>>
Beaten the game over ten times with KB+M.

Most people who say you can't play with KB+M haven't actually put in the effort of setting it up. I can't even use a controller now, feels too awkward.

Someone will probably say I'm bullshitting, but I played Dark Souls with a controller and hated it.
>>
Get anything that supports xinput. The 360 controller has it, and some logitech controllers have an option to switch between it and direct input. Fuck getting a ps3 controller. You'll have to use a xinput wrapper to play anything made over the last couple of years.
>>
>>323428191
How did you set it up?
>>
>>323428231
this, how in the flying fuck you fixed targeter ?
>>
>>323428191
You remind me of myself 5 years ago when I said playing fps games with a touchpad was easier and felt more natural. Needless to say I stopped being retarded and you should stop too.
>>
>>323427834
>It's the cheapest

Are you having a fucking laugh? They cost more than practically fucking anything besides the Xbox Elite controller.
>>
File: dsmfix.png (59KB, 907x505px) Image search: [Google]
dsmfix.png
59KB, 907x505px
>>323428231
>>323428276
dsmfix.

>>323428284
Okay bro.
>>
>>323427515
Use only keyboard and you are good to go.
>>
File: agreed.jpg (36KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
agreed.jpg
36KB, 210x263px
>>323428449
thanks m8
>>
>>323427515
360. Simple, durable, compatible with every game by default and comfortable as fuck.
>>
>>323428580
So you know I'm not bluffing.

twitchdottv madumadimado

Hop in there and I'll play some with KB+M.
>>
>>323427515
Get an Xbone controller, the 360 controller has a shitty d-pad.
>>
>>323427515
Yes you can. IGNORE EVERYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.

All you need to do is download a little mod that swaps some buttons of your keyobard while the DS2 window has priority. You can play PERFECTLY there.

In fact, after playing for like three hours on keyboard+mouse I tried it with a controller and it was awful, I had way more accuracy with a keyboard ironically.
>>
>>323427515
autohotkey and dsmfix and getting used to using mouse look and 'W' to swing where you want to swing.

Definitely doable.
>>
File: l.php.png (371KB, 1332x1363px) Image search: [Google]
l.php.png
371KB, 1332x1363px
>>323427515
>Can i play the dark souls games properly with a mouse and a keyboard?
Yes. Absolutely. You can play it even just keyboard only but you gotta be real good.

You can use DSMfix for better mouse support but I don't personally, and please rebind your keyboard keys to your liking since they are not optimal by default.
>>
File: DaS time.jpg (23KB, 410x152px) Image search: [Google]
DaS time.jpg
23KB, 410x152px
>>323427515
>>323427971
don't listen to all these limp dick chicken shits.
just get the dsmfix and rebind your keys to something you find comfortable.
once I had a couple of hours of practice on a new layout I liked using my KB+M better than a controller.
>>
>>323433268
I like using KB+M better too because I can't seem to be able to run and rotate the camera comfortably when using a controller. I use KB+M for DaS/DaS2 and controller for DeS.
>>
>>323427515
Invest in a 360 pad. I bought one just for Dark souls and I have 500 hours and counting on the game. It will be perfect to play any indiegame/platformer/roms afterward.

Xb360 or PS3, your call. I personnally prefer the 360 one because it is bigger and easier for me to play the joystick+ press the trigger than on the PS3. I tried playing SF4 on PS3 but I just can't with the shoulder buttons of the pad.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.