[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good lovecraftian games? hard mode: no bloodborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

What are some good lovecraftian games?
hard mode: no bloodborne
donte must die mode: no call of cthulhu
>>
>>323424118
Eternal Darkness
>>
>>323424118
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is basically fanfiction on that. I don't like that game in the series personally but people seem to enjoy it.
>>
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
>>
>>323424270
What Sherlock Holmes games are worth playing? I read that some of the games are shovelware tier but a few of them are actually pretty good adventure games with great atmosphere.
>>
>>323424118
Siren series
>>
>>323424118
Magrunner
>>
>>323424118

>tfw there will never be another good Lovecraftian game like Bloodborne ever again

Why are game devs so scared to explore it?

Why does it have to be based Miyazaki?
>>
>>323424243
The best. Too bad Shadow of the Eternals seems to be stuck in limbo.
>>
>>323424118
They Bleed Pixels
>>
File: 2680482-executor.jpg (213KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
2680482-executor.jpg
213KB, 960x716px
Is Pathologic lovecraftian?
>>
>>323425069
As far as Frogwares series goes, best to worst:

>Crimes and Punishments
Definitely the best one, albeit short and kinda easy. Also pure detective work with no "open the box" type of puzzles.
>Testament
Really weak story with irrational Holmes but solid mechanically wise nonetheless.
>vs. Jack the Ripper
Low budget of the older games shows, and since it's trying to be as close as possible to historical events, you've got a lot of weird time skips and Holmes being weirdly slow in the mind. Otherwise it's fucking good.

POWER GAP
>Awakened
What I said in my previous post. Feels like fanfiction, and doesn't have much of a detective feel to it. Many people enjoy it, though.

POWER GAP
>vs. Arsene Lupin/Nemesis
FUCKING HARD. REALLY FUCKING HARD. Plus it doesn't pay off in the end.
>Silver Earring
Pure 2000s adventure gaming. Old as fuck and really, just skip it.
>Mystery of the Mummy
Well, if you want to see from where a bunch of Ukrainians with zero game development experience started...

Also there's a new game in development called The Devil's Daughter. Seems really nice so far.
>>
>>323425069
The Awakened, Nemesis are the best. Silver Earring is a true 3rd person adventure but is not very fun.

Persian Carpet is not a proper 3rd person adventure but is fun.

Jack the Ripper is boring as fuck, because it plays exactly according to the historical accounts of Jack the Ripper, in the most boring way imaginable.

Haven't played the ones later than Jack the Ripper.
>>
>>323426437
You really should. They're more and more actual detective work, something you don't see much in video games.
>>
>>323426426
>>323426437
Thank you, capped for the time I get an adventure game itch.
>>
>>323426041
it has more of a dune vibe to it
>>
>>323426041
Not really.
>>
>>323424118
Demon's Souls
Just play it. I'm not even being a smartass because it's the spiritual precursor to Bloodborne.
It's hard not to get a Lovecraftian vibe by the end of it.
>>
Why not Bloodborne?
>>
>>323427956
Because that's too easy and everyone already knows.
>>
>>323424118
Call of cthulhu was pretty terrible though. Such wasted potential it had some very fun elements but.... development hell. Ironically if it habeas made again today with big budget it would be shit with a ton of QuickTime and railroad sections.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.