[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished KH:ReCom. It was decent, the story was pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 20

File: slap.gif (751KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
slap.gif
751KB, 500x281px
I just finished KH:ReCom. It was decent, the story was pretty interesting, the gameplay was alright, the music was 10/10 but Larxene was definitely the best part. Why'd she have to die? I hope she comes back for 3.
Also the Riku Replica was a surprisingly interesting character.

I've ordered Days, it should be here next week, and I don't know if I should play BBS or II in the meantime. I'm leaning towards BBS because I've never played it before, and then hopefully by the time I'm done I'll be able to play Days, to make KHII make even more sense. Assuming I choose BBS, is the correct order Terra, Ventus, Aqua?

also kingdom hearts thread I guess
>>
>>323406090
What version of Re: COM are you playing on OP? I would have recommended you just watch the Days movie but if you 100% Days like I did it's an experience.
>>
>>323406531
I have the 1.5 ReMix for PS3. I was going to watch the movie but I don't really feel like sitting down and watching cutscenes for three hours when I could be playing the game.
Apparently it's one of the worst (I've heard it's quite repetitive) but I'd rather play a game then watch the movie.
Plus I like the Organization, and playing as every member interests me.
>>
>>323406090
Have you done Riku's story yet? His plot is the best thing to come out of that game.

It's too bad they forget all about his character development here in the sequels.
>>
File: Sora.jpg (119KB, 700x1142px) Image search: [Google]
Sora.jpg
119KB, 700x1142px
>>323407095
Yeah, I'll admit I think it gives a lot more weight to the opening of KH2 and Roxas in general is a fantastic character, even more so with Days. If I were to give you any advice with Days though it would be to go at a slow pace and treat it like a job. If you try to rush to completion like I did you'll end up hating yourself and the game. Also if you ever end up playing multi Riku, Sora, and Saix are broken fucking characters in it.
>>
>>323407254
Yeah, I just finished it about an hour ago. The replica's death scene was what I was referring to in the OP, I found it to be quite a poignant scene, by KH standards at least.
I agree that his plot was really good, I found his story and gameplay a lot more interesting and compelling than Sora's, especially because I didn't have to trudge through re-rehashed Disney storylines for the sake of it. And the last boss was the only one, apart from Larxene I, in the whole game that I actually had to do a bit of grinding for. Decently challenging and satisfying to beat.

>>323407430
I thought it might, I learned recently that the movie only gives text summaries of certain bits, so that was the deciding factor.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind when I start playing.
I'll probably never play multi because no friends[/spoilers] but am I correct in saying that you can play Missions solo as any Organization character plus more?

Also any tips for starting a Proud BBS run? I've never played it before.
>>
>2016
>still playing kingpoop farts
>>
>>323407839
Wow I fucked up that spoiler bad. Sorry about that.

>>323407869
>not enjoying the most ridiculous crossover of all time
Do you hate fun, or just yourself?
>>
>>323406090
The original GBA version is better
>>
>>323407839
>but am I correct in saying that you can play Missions solo as any Organization character plus more?
no
For BBS I'd recommend starting on critical so you can get the secret episode and cutscene faster. It starts out as absolute bullshit at first but eventually it balances itself out and you rape everything anyway. Ven and Aqua are frustrating at the beginning but if you're smart you can get through without level grinding.
>>
>>323408002
How so? The originals had some quality sprites but it seems like an all-around improvement, what with voice acting and everything. I haven't played the original though, so tell me what makes you think that.

>>323408186
oh fuck really? if so I've made a terrible mistake. What's the deal with it, then?

Nice as, I'll do that then. KH Proud Mode ended up being ridiculously easy after the initial struggle anyway. And I'm assuming critical mode means less tedious bullshit, which is always a plus.
>>
>>323408735
> but it seems like an all-around improvement, what with voice acting and everything
That means nothing if the gameplay isn't as good
>>
>>323408832
What's been changed? All I know is that the Duel system for Riku wasn't in the original, which supports what you're saying, because I found it wholly unnecessary and pretty game-breaking.
>>
File: Sora KHIIHD.png (143KB, 250x527px) Image search: [Google]
Sora KHIIHD.png
143KB, 250x527px
>>323408735
>oh fuck really? if so I've made a terrible mistake. What's the deal with it, then?
It has been years since I played Days but if I remember mission mode was just extra shit required for 100% completion and you play as Roxas in those since they're just retooled versions of story missions. The panel system is weird as fuck at first by the way and the way they handle magic is annoying. Also I think you can do multiplayer solo to get shit required for 100% completion if that's what you're after, but it's like playing G3 solo in Monster Hunter, it's not tuned to a single person and it's a lot easier to get your shit pushed in.
>>
>>323409070
>What's been changed?
Going from 2D to 3D for one. The sleights worked better in 2D environment.

ReCoM just feels like KH1 with card system attached to it and it doesn't work as well.
>>
>>323406090
>to make KHII make even more sense
Days doesn't really add anything to the story of KHII. All of the important parts are reused scenes from KHII/FM.
Also it's pretty terrible so go in with low expectations.

The recommended order for BbS is TVA, yes.
>>
>>323409136
Mission Mode is the multiplayer mode where you can play as any of the Organization members, Riku, Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy

You need 358 Crowns from playing Mission Mode (solo play only gets you 1 Crown per mission maximum) in order to 100% the game.
>>
>>323409915
Ah, right my bad, I'm getting it confused with the other mode whose name escapes me at the moment.
>>
>>323410016
Holo-Missions/Challenges?
>>
>>323410212
Yeah, that's the one that gives sigils I believe.
>>
>>323409136
Oh well, that still sounds pretty fun. Extra content is a bonus, I don't know why I was under the impression that you could play as anyone. I must have mixed-up memories from when my friend told me about it years ago. I'll be doing it solo anyway.

>>323409284
Fair enough. I can see how some fights definitely struggled with the 3D concept, like Cloud and Darkside.
I was pretty frustrated when I first began, considering it's really annoying to go from KH's free combat to the card shit. If it wasn't for the basic attacks needing cards, it probably would have worked better in 3D. I don't know, the whole game felt off to me.

>>323409735
I just meant the development of the Organization, I feel like they're the most interesting characters. I've never played it either, so it couldn't hurt with getting my head around what actually happened, especially because the whole Castle Oblivion fiasco still doesn't make that much sense to me. (For example, I don't know what the fuck Axel's deal was, or why any of them were there in the first instance.)
Plus Larxene a cute.

>>323409915
So I can play as the Organization solo? Fuck yeah.

>>323410016
>>323410212

What does the other mode involve?
>>
>>323410250
Yeah.
Fuck those.

>>323410283
>I just meant the development of the Organization, I feel like they're the most interesting characters.
>the whole Castle Oblivion fiasco still doesn't make that much sense to me
Get ready for disappointment.

>So I can play as the Organization solo?
Yeah.
But like, the only good one is Saïx because his crit rate is out of control.

>What does the other mode involve?
Holo-Missions let you replay missions but there's also a Challenge mode within Holo-Missions where you have to replay a mission with a new objective (most commonly, beat within a certain time limit).

They're pretty fucking garbage and no fun at all, would not recommend, absolutely not worth the effort.
>>
>>323410605
I don't think I can be disappointed anymore, I am a KH and MGS fan after all. At the very least, I won't have to sit through the Days movie.

>solo
Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it. Playing as Riku in itself was fun to me.

>holo-missions
Doesn't sound that great, I don't think I'll really care about redoing the same stuff. Synthesising for the Ultima Weapon was always fucking terrible to me, even though I insisted on doing it anyway.
>>
>>323410283
>I've never played it either, so it couldn't hurt with getting my head around what actually happened, especially because the whole Castle Oblivion fiasco still doesn't make that much sense to me.
Quick question: Have you ever played Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix? Because that version adds a few scenes that hint toward this and then Days and Birth by Sleep elaborate on it. I'd definitely suggest playing in this order: KH2-Days-BbS
>>
>>323410981
>At the very least, I won't have to sit through the Days movie.
If I'm completely honest with you I think that's the better option.
>>
>>323411040
I think it doesn't really matter where you play Days since it starts near the end of KH1, all through COM, and ends at the beginning of 2.
>>
>>323411040
No, I've only ever played the original.

In that case, I might start KHII now instead of BBS. I just thought I'd do Days first because it's on the 1.5 disc and because I just finished COM.
I have to go away next week, so I might end up getting most of the way through KHII and then starting Days when I go away. Either way, I really should be playing release order. Thank you Anon.

>>323411465
I think so too. I live with my gf too, and I didn't want to subject her to three hours of cringey cutscenes with no gameplay to break it up.
>>
>>323411649
Absolutely play KH2:FM first if you've never played it before. It's a totally different experience with new gameplay and story elements. Be sure to play on critical mode: it's the only game in the series to properly balance the difficulty to make it challenging yet fun rather than just tedious and drawn out (which is what Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance critical modes are like).
>>
>>323411908
I didn't know that they changed the gameplay or story, what did they add? Spoiler free, if you can pls.

Alright, I will. One thing I hated about Proud Mode in KH was that it was fucking easy beyond a certain point, and by the time I had gotten enough material for the Ultima Weapon, I was level 98, which made the secret bosses way too easy. Like, ridiculously easy.
>>
>>323412309
Gameplay:
-New Drive Form based on KH1 abilities
-New finishing moves
-New boss fights (CoM Org Members, Roxas ,and someone Birth by Sleep related). These boss battles are the best in the series and it doesn't really matter what level you are. They are designed to be beatable at level 1 (possible on Critical Mode thanks to a No Experience ability you can use), but at the same time you can very easily get destroyed at level 99. They are very much skill based.
-New dungeon with platforming elements that leads to more challenging versions of the Org. members.
-Puzzle pieces are scattered around the worlds for you to collect
-New weapons for Sora, Donald, and Goofy
-New minigame style mushroom heartless

Storywise, there are several new cutscenes, particularly those involving the Organization. There is also a new secret ending, which is probably the coolest video in the series.
>>
>>323411465
I dunno if I can agree. I think the only reason I still remember Days's plot was because I played the game itself, the movie was sleep-inducing
>>
>>323413006
Those all sound incredible, the boss fights in particular. I'm gonna go start a Critical playthrough now. Anything I have to keep in mind for early game? And what's the requirements for Critical secret cutscenes, just beat the game or?
>>
>>323413515
Just general advice for critical mode, learn to use summons. Chances are you never used them much in the original game, but Chicken Little and especially Stitch will save your life.

To get the secret ending on critical, you need to fulfill 3 things:
-Defeat all 13 data Organization boss fights (the challenge ones)
-Defeat the Birth by Sleep secret boss
-Beat the journal score requirements for the 13 mushroom heartless.
>>
>>323413515
For The Gathering (KHII vanilla secret ending), beat the game.
For Birth by sleep, you need the Gold Crown
>>
>>323406090
>that hair
How do people play these fucking games?
>>
>>323413826
I don't think he even needs summons, Limit Form breaks the game.
>>
>>323413943
GBA, PS2, and as of recent, the PS3.
>>
>>323413826
Will do. I ended up using summons a bit in KH, just because Bambi and Tinker Bell were pretty useful.

Thanks Anon.

>>323413943
>>323414003
Don't forget PS4 as of later this year, and DS/3DS.
>>
>>323413943
What's wrong with it? Inb4
>MUH REALISM

And you know, it's a game. Gameplay is what makes or breaks a game, not a character design.
>>
>>323414205
It's probably not mature enough for mature gamers such as himself.
>>
>>323406090
>>323406531
>>323407095
>>323407839

Definitely play Days if possible. The movie version cuts out several parts completely, in particular my absolute favourite part of the game doesn't even get a mention.

For BBS, play Ventus-Terra-Aqua if you care about the story. The Terra-Ventus-Aqua order only takes gameplay into account but Terra's story spoils Ventus's.

And yeah KH2 Final Mix is amazing, totally different experience. It was even more impressive when it first came out though, because all of Re:CoM was originally an EXTRA in KH2FM.
>>
>>323413826
Seriously, do you like to spoiler things this much? Saying that critical is best mode was enough but no, you had to exactly point out what to do.
Way to go dude.
>>
>>323414456
>caring about spoilers
>read "To get the secret ending on critical, you need to fulfill 3 things:"
>Oh I know! I won't stop reading so I will get spoiled!
>WAAAAAH WHY DID YOU SPOIL IT!?
>>
>>323414350
It's in the mail, should be here by next Friday.

Oh, good to know. Why does Nomura recommend TVA if it ruins the story? Does playing it story orientated really suck gameplay wise that much?

>>323414456
I asked him, dingus. As seen in the post he was replying to, ie, the one directly above it.
And desu, I knew about all of those additions and I haven't even played BBS or KHIIFM and I only just finished ReCom today. You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>323414567
I don't know anon, you just sound like a huge faggot, that's all.
>>
>>323414648
>someone gets asked to divulge information
>he obliges
>some cunt comes in, reads the post asking for what can hardly be referred to as spoilers
>chooses to continue reading
>"WOW WHY DID U DO THAT UR A FAGGOT"

The only faggot here is you.
>>
>>323414743
well considering we're all here talking about western children's cartoons meets jap RPG, i would say we're all faggots

anyway post lewd larxenes
>>
>>323414567
Do you even know how easy it is to accidentally pick up text in the vicinity of what you're reading?

You could see "here's what you need to do"
And right under it there's "Birth by Sleep" and you catch that because it's RIGHT THERE.

That's why spoiler tags exist, anon.
Because that shit just fuckin' happens.

I have accidentally spoiled shit for myself loads of times when I was expressly trying not to, solely because it's in the general area of whatever I was reading or looking at.

>>323414628
>Why does Nomura recommend TVA if it ruins the story?
I don't think it ruins the story
I can see the merit to VTA, but I don't see a problem with TVA.
Whatever you do, Aqua is last. That's non-negotiable.
>Does playing it story orientated really suck gameplay wise that much?
In terms of gameplay, TVA sort of makes the gameplay more enjoyable as you go along. Terra is kinda slow and cumbersome, which for most people makes him the worst character to play as.
>>
File: 1426720814133.png (147KB, 231x308px) Image search: [Google]
1426720814133.png
147KB, 231x308px
>>323406090
>CoM
>gameplay
>anything but shit
>>
>>323414628

No, Ventus-Terra-Aqua is the best way gameplay-wise too to be honest. There's no good reason to play Terra first.

It's just that Terra is easier for newcomers since he's a brute force character, while as the other two you'll have to know how to dodge. Though that reasoning kind of goes in the trasher when Terra has by far the hardest final boss of the three.
>>
>>323415394
>I can't understand what I'm reading so it's your fault not mine!
And if you really cared about spoilers. You wouldn't be there in this thread. You would be playing the fucking game.
>>
>>323415449
I think TVA is the correct choice.
After all Terra's story is mostly on its own, and when you're done and think you know it all, Ventus comes with the whole Vanitas and Unversed thing, and then Aqua of course.
I still think I'd enjoy more TVA if I'd play it for the first time again.
>>
>>323415538
>I can't understand what I'm reading
You got that from my post how?

>if you really cared about spoilers. You wouldn't be there in this thread
I'm not whichever poster you think I am, I have played the game.
All of them.
>>
>>323415806
So why do you care?
>>
>>323415443
It's deeper than KH, technically, but yeah, you're right. It is shit. The cards make no fucking sense within the story anyway. It's explained as "Castle Oblivion, we cards now" but they're stupid. Like how Donald and Goofy are with Sora in cutscenes, but they're absent in gameplay until you get the cards. That's just fucking dumb.

>>323415394
>>323415449
Aqua last for sure. I can't decide whether what order for Terra/Ventus though, I suppose I'll be happy either way, you both seem to make decent points, so as long as Aqua is last it should be fine.

>>323415308
This anon is correct, we need moar Larxene. There must be good R34 out there.
>>
Should I even bother playing/watching ReCoded? From what I've heard, the story is retarded and I really don't feel like going through the same Disney worlds yet again.

Someone just spoil my shit up.
>>
>>323416109
Since when has gameplay reflected what really happens? You don't think that people are actually standing in a row and attacking enemies in turns in turn based games?

Of course some battle systems reflect what really happens more than others but it never does it 100%
>>
>>323415909
Because I dislike spoilers on a conceptual level, obviously.
>>
>>323416109
Do you realize they created the card system in Re:Com because the game is originally for GBA? It is, in my opinion, a fantastic system because they were able to implement tons of mechanic and abilities that wouldn't otherwise be able to add. The ps2 remake didn't make much sense, yeah, but since CoM was so good I think it was a good idea to keep it in again.
>>
>>323416359
Well I'll just say you are triggered way too easily. Anyone who wants to avoid spoilers will stay away from sites like this. You know how people will stay away from the internet when something new comes and spoilers will be everywhere? People know how to avoid stuff if they want to.
>>
>>323416353
Of course not, but I can't say that I particularly like the turn based format anyway.

I'm just saying it's immersion breaking (Yes, I realise how stupid that is, but still) and more importantly, not fun, or particularly interesting to play. The extent of making a deck for me ended as soon as I got Sonic Blade.

>>323416443
Yes. I wanted to like it, and I'm not saying it's completely without merit, I just think the cards within action-based gameplay don't work. Running around looking for the right cards is boring, especially when the overworld allows you to swing on command. It's just fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>323416656
>I'm just saying it's immersion breaking
GBA version did it better I think. Donald and Goofy always come back as cards before they spawn and you can chat with them. And Sora complains about having to fight alone more than once.
>>
>>323416801
>Donald and Goofy always come back as cards before they spawn and you can chat with them
No they don't.

The way it works is that they're cards inside of the worlds. In the halls of Castle Oblivion they come back. So when Sora enters Traverse Town, DG are turned into cards. When he leaves and goes onto the next hallway, they come back.

There's no visual flair or anything about it. They're just there.
>>
>>323416943
Give me a moment and I'll find footage for you. There is a visual cue about it.
>>
>>323416943
>>323416986
Oh, you are right. There isn't at least most of the time. I somehow remember seeing Donald and Goofy floating down as cards and then spawning at least once. After that I just assumed it always happened when you went to next floor but they just don't show it.
>>
IN YOU AND I

THERE'S A NEW LAAAAaaAAaAAAAaaaaAAND
>>
>>323416943
Yeah, this is what I meant. I understand it'd be impossible to incorporate the three decks at once into gameplay, but still. It just grated me.
Same with Riku and Mickey. At least Mickey was useful though, D&G were fuck awful in ReCoM.

Also what am I suppose to choose? I'm assuming Shield because Critical, that's what I did for KHProud at least.
>>
File: Larxene's hot booty.jpg (67KB, 800x691px) Image search: [Google]
Larxene's hot booty.jpg
67KB, 800x691px
>>323415308

And that's pretty much it. Thank the yaoifags for the sorry lack of any female KH character porn
>>
>>323419161
Don't blame yaoifags now. It's not like artirts choose to draw yaoi over straight hentai, if yaoi wasn't present the straight hentai drawings quantity would still remain the same.
>>
>>323419161
fucking homos and tumblrinas. who knew they'd get so attached to ladyboys in a disney/square game.

thank you though. would fap.
>larxene will never electrocute you in the midst of passion
>ywn have larxene electrically dominate you

why live?
>>
File: Larxene laugh.gif (862KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Larxene laugh.gif
862KB, 320x240px
>>323406090
>Why'd she have to die?

Nobody dies in KH. Unless her heartless half is still running amok, she's probably long since been "restored". Though that then leaves the question if she's become another Xehanort doppelganger.

Seriously, the only "death" within the series seems to be Eraqus. And he'll probably magically come back to life in the climax of KHIII.
>>
I've finished KH for the first time and ended it two more times after that in this week.

And I still don't get it.

What the fuck is this game about? Why the fuck is it so popular?

Tha worlds are so small and simple, they don't use any kind of Disney licensed nor reminiscent music, the Disney characters are just fillers, and the plot (if I got it right) can be summarized in a single line.

So... WHY?
>>
File: Larxene open top.jpg (294KB, 1765x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Larxene open top.jpg
294KB, 1765x2500px
>>323419373

Based on what statistics? There's clearly a great interest for many of the female characters.

>>323419378

Eh, doubt tumblr has a thing to do with it, just whatever contradictory thought process runs through most fangirls.

Seriously, if you're into a fictional dude, why would you pair him with another dude?
>>
File: 1395022111562.jpg (38KB, 324x454px) Image search: [Google]
1395022111562.jpg
38KB, 324x454px
>>323419421
>the only "death" within the series seems to be Eraqus
It's like this nigga ain't even seen Blank Points
>>
>>323419516
>they don't use any kind of Disney licensed nor reminiscent music
In KH1 Halloween Town, Atlantica and 100 Acre Wood all use iterations of music from the source material. This is Halloween, Under the Sea and Winne the Pooh's theme song respectively.
>>
>>323419551

That's why I said seems. Considering Terra is presently being hijacked, the survival of Eraqus could be jeopardized since Xehanort plunked his wrinkly ass inside him
>>
>>323419421
>Seriously, the only "death" within the series seems to be Eraqus. And he'll probably magically come back to life in the climax of KHIII.

Well a lot of the Disney villains did get killed off, technically.
>>
>>323419676
Wow, 3 worlds out of 10+. And even those three... the under the sea one is the only recognisable
>>
>>323419787

So far, it's only Oogie (twice, maybe three if he returns again), Maleficent (who has returned, and probably won't die again), and Jafar. Hook's survival is up for debate, but probably likely since they haven't used the Return to Neverland plot yet (though it could be reserved for the next saga). Hard to say about Ursula, since she just came back to essentially repeat her actions from the first game.

I am curious to see what will happen with Pete, as they clearly seem to be building him as something of a sympathetic villain
>>
>>323419530
Because this is basically only true for kingdom hearts.
>>
File: naminelarxene.png (269KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
naminelarxene.png
269KB, 500x747px
>>323419421
Wasn't it mentioned that no traitor could become part of True Organization XIII?

>that marluxia nobody in the new trailer
>larxene confirmed...?

>>323419530
I suppose it's the same concept as lesbian porn.

>>323419516
>disney characters are just fillers
Fuck you. Donald and Goofy are ultimate bro tier.
>the plot can be summarized in a single line
Maybe. Depends on how far you can stretch the idea of one line.

>>323419830
You didn't recognize This is Halloween?
And I don't mind that they use Disney music sparingly, we have a fair amount, not to mention based Shimomura's score is incredible.
>>
>>323420159
The Marluxia type Nobodies seem to be missing the Nobody symbol and Nomura came out after 3D was released and has implied a couple of times that the True Organization isn't all who we think they are.
>>
>>323420240
Source?

I really don't want to believe you. If Larxene doesn't make it into KH3 in some way, shape or form I'll be really upset.
>>
File: Larxene sexy.png (362KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Larxene sexy.png
362KB, 800x480px
>>323420159

Even then, that doesn't mean she can't be revived the moment her heartless is destroyed.

Also... probably regretting not spoilering that pic, huh?
>>
>>323420312
On the Marluxia Nobodies or Nomura being oh so secretive?
>>
>>323419830
>can't recognize This is Halloween or Pooh's theme
They're only two of the most iconic and easily-recognizable songs in Disney history.

They aren't even changed. They're pretty much identical to the source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd-vxC7JXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-E8vcXFy48
>>
>>323420080
Clayton, Scar, MCP & Sark, and Barbossa are dead.

Pete is the bumbling villain. They might redeem him or something, and they'll never have anything fatal to him, since he's comical and part of the original Disney crew.
>>
>>323420159
>Maybe. Depends on how far you can stretch the idea of one line.

Let's try.

The game is about three kids that live all by themselves in an island and want to explore the world. They got kidnapped, and then you start searching for them in unrelated places doing things that aren't related at all to that, until you find Mickey, your male friend sacrifices himself nobody knows why and you get separated from your female friend.

>not to mention based Shimomura's score is incredible.
You're posting ironically, don't you? Are you saying this piece of shit holds a candle against any song from Aladdin's score? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBeP_hTLmPw
>>
>>323420312

I find it hard to imagine we wouldn't get at least a little resolution with the Org. 13 members, even if only some are used for the new group. KHIII is the end of the first saga, so it only stands to reason all threads will be tied up
>>
>>323420459

Barbosa might return, if they use any of the PotC sequel plots. But yea, almost had forgotten about Scar and the others. Granted, they were so minor it's easy to forget they even appeared. Which is a shame, there's plenty of other Disney villains, and yet only like three having any major roles in most of the games.

As for Pete, you never know. They could have him pull a sacrifice to atone for what he's done. Of course, it could then be undone by whatever magical nonsense takes places in the climax and essentially mean he doesn't stay dead
>>
>>323420764

Don't forget that the MCP and Sark can be brought back thanks to them being computer programs.
>>
>>323419516

>the plot can be summarized in a single line

I'd be very impressed if you could. Out of all the criticism that could be pointed at KH, a overly-simple plot isn't one of them. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>323420919

True. But they already went with the Tron Legacy plot in 3D, so it seems unlikely. Though I can only wonder what they'll do in regards to Tron again, if anything. I know there was that CG series, but wasn't that set between the films?
>>
>>323420349
Have we even seen the heartless of any OXIII member apart from Xemnas, of course?

Sorry, what do you mean?

>>323420381
Oh, the Marluxia bit. I haven't even played DDD desu. What does Nomura even mean by that? All I can think of is that Riku might end up on the darkness side, but honestly I have no idea if that's even plausible. It was just the first thing that came into my head. What do you think?

>>323420482
It's a bit longer than that, but you did a decent job. FYI Riku and Kairi weren't kidnapped, Riku was tempted by darkness and taken in by Maleficent, and Kairi lost her heart. Going to the Disney worlds relates to the villains working under Maleficent, who is gaining control of worlds, like Hollow Bastion, via darkness. Which is why Leon, Yuffie and Aerith are in Traverse Town. Also Riku sacrifices himself for redemption, and the fact that they needed two hearts on that side of the door. So yeah, you got the most important things, but really, most media could be condensed down into a line if you neglect semi-important bits and just get the gist.

>>323420557
I hope so. We got Lea, so there's no reason why we can't get the rest. It seems as if they will, even if they all come back as neutral/good characters in little cameos, I think we'll see them.

>>323420764
>PoTC sequel
>>
>>323420482
>The game is about three kids that live all by themselves in an island and want to explore the world. They got kidnapped, and then you start searching for them in unrelated places doing things that aren't related at all to that, until you find Mickey, your male friend sacrifices himself nobody knows why and you get separated from your female friend.
I don't know how but you made one of the absolute worst synopses of the game possible.

It's like you weren't even playing for half the game.
>>
>>323421109
Fuck, by PoTC sequel I meant to type that fighting the Kraken would be fucking incredible.
>>
>>323421109

It's said that when the heartless and nobody are destroyed, the original person is restored. Or at least, that's the case with many of the revived members like Axel and Xemnas. It only stands to reason this applies to them all since we know not everyone Org. 13 member is coming back for the old man power hour.

As for whose heartless was whose, I think only Ansem/Xemnas have been clearly pointed out as the only heartless/nobody set confirmed as destroyed.
>>
>>323421109
Here's what Nomura said about 3D:
>— Were the members of Organisation XIII that grew hearts unsuitable as vessels for Xehanort?

>Nomura: That’s not necessarily the case, however the details are a secret.

>— Xigbar and Saix appeared as members of Organisation XIII. Did they return as humans like Lea and the others?

>Nomura: The conditions of becoming a human have been met, so you’d think they had returned, wouldn’t you? For them to have been with Xehanort and the others, perhaps they were collected after they had become humans and before Lea and the others woke up. You could say the same for the members of Organisation XIII that didn’t appear in this title, however… I’d rather everyone use their imaginations.
http://www.khinsider.com/news/KH3D-Ultimania-Interviews-Translated-2602

As for the Marluxia nobodies it's kind of hard to see but lorewise for if they indeed don't have it, it can fit due to the origins of the Nobody symbol.
https://youtu.be/Sfw_r1UCPs0?t=4m2s
>>
>>323420159
There should be more art of Larxene molesting cute little girls. Fuck this fujoshit filled fandom.
>>
File: Olette sad.gif (491KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
Olette sad.gif
491KB, 500x255px
>>323421478

There should be more of the girls in general, way more
>>
>>323421361
So it really could go either way. We'll just have to play and find out, it seems.

>>323421416
I can't fucking wrap my head around that last section. I just can't fathom what he means. What does he mean by collected? I just don't understand. Just give me my Larxene, you Jap bastard.

>>323421478
>>323421756

Tell me about it. KH girls a cute.
>>
>>323421803

Not what you mean by either way. That's what happens when the heart and nobody are destroyed. The question is whether Larxene will have any kind of role to serve. I would hope so, if only because it seems like a waste of character to have her and the other CoM characters basically get left to the wayside. But, I wouldn't be too surprised if Nomura did up and neglect them in his grand scheme.
>>
>>323421803
>What does he mean by collected?

Probably the revived members Xehanort took as vessels for his essence. I doubt every member was willing to become like him. We certainly know Terra wasn't
>>
>>323421109
>Have we even seen the heartless of any OXIII member apart from Xemnas, of course?
According to Nomura outside of Roxas' and Xemnas', they're not really important/relevant.
>>323421803
He pretty much means collected as in rounded up here. There's a scene where someone wakes up, I forgot exactly who, and all of the Radiant Dawn members are passed out on the floor: Braig, Dilan, Even, Ienzo, Aeleus, Lea, and Isa, then when you see a scene that's implied to happen a short time later, Isa and Braig are missing.
>>
>>323422031
>Radiant Dawn
Fuck, I meant Radiant Garden. Sorry I had Fire Emblem on the brain.
>>
>>323421907
That's what I meant. I'm ridiculously ambiguous, I'm sorry. Yeah, because this is the last of the saga it'd make a lot of sense for every character to return, but Larxene will probably be the first to be dropped, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised, I'm just gonna hope for a cameo at this point.

>>323422031
That's hilarious. Don't the Org retain memories of their human life? Anything to suggest the Heartless do too? For all we know, they're just around, doing something somewhere. Unless they're regular heartless but special nobodies. I don't know how any of this works anymore.

>>323421971
>>323422031
Ah okay. The Org was originally supposed to house his essence and Isa and Braig are the only ones out of those who are willing? Am I getting it right?
I suppose one thing that's against Larxene/Marluxia/the rest coming back is the fact they weren't his Apprentices to begin with, so bringing them back would also have to introduce who they actually were to begin with.
>>
>>323421109
>It's a bit longer than that, but you did a decent job. FYI Riku and Kairi weren't kidnapped, Riku was tempted by darkness and taken in by Maleficent, and Kairi lost her heart. Going to the Disney worlds relates to the villains working under Maleficent, who is gaining control of worlds, like Hollow Bastion, via darkness. Which is why Leon, Yuffie and Aerith are in Traverse Town. Also Riku sacrifices himself for redemption, and the fact that they needed two hearts on that side of the door. So yeah, you got the most important things, but really, most media could be condensed down into a line if you neglect semi-important bits and just get the gist.

Well, Maleficent getting Riku and stealing Kairi's heart to manipulate Riku still counts as kidnapping to me. Specially Kairi.

Still there is something I don't get. Why is it needed that Riku stays on the other side of the door? Mickey is already there. He must have a heart. They're leaving behind TWO hearts to close the doors although only one was needed

>>323421112
>I don't know how but you made one of the absolute worst synopses of the game possible.
It's not my fault. The game itself is that bland and weak. The fact that you're won't stop talking about those guys in black that don't appear in KH and aren't even hinted at backs me up
>>
File: 1430319297280.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430319297280.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>323422653
>Don't the Org retain memories of their human life? Anything to suggest the Heartless do too? For all we know, they're just around, doing something somewhere. Unless they're regular heartless but special nobodies. I don't know how any of this works anymore.
That kind of goes the Heartless' nature, they're pretty much supposed to be mostly mindless creatures seeking hearts. The reports say that they have some basic levels of adaptbility and shit like that but truly/fairly conscious ones haven't been seen outside of Ansem, SoD and Heartless Sora.
>The Org was originally supposed to house his essence and Isa and Braig are the only ones out of those who are willing? Am I getting it right?
Braig is the only one who seemed absolutely willing to get 'Norted. You see his change in BbS. Saix/Isa is unknown. Some people speculate that it was unwillingly due to his and Axel's conversations in Days and some speculative stuff that can be inferred from BbS as they appear as teenagers there.
I suppose one thing that's against Larxene/Marluxia/the rest coming back is the fact they weren't his Apprentices to begin with, so bringing them back would also have to introduce who they actually were to begin with.
That may be part of it.
>>
>>323422740
>The fact that you're won't stop talking about those guys in black that don't appear in KH and aren't even hinted at backs me up
How does that have anything to do with it being "bland and weak?"
And, y'know, it's not as though the story is hard to digest. Especially KH1. That you effectively missed half the plot and the explanations for what happens says less about the narrative than it does about you.

The Organization was also foreshadowed in Final Mix and the secret endings.
>>
File: Larxene drinking.png (363KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
Larxene drinking.png
363KB, 666x800px
>>
>>323422959
>The Organization was also foreshadowed in Final Mix and the secret endings.

Sorry, a video better rendered than any other part of the game with two guys in black robes doesn't tie them to anything that happens in KH
>>
>>323422930

Still, it seems hard to imagine they'd be completely ignored when they could easily be fodder to fill the Xehanort 13 ranks, and just the overall fact that it'd be terrible writing on Nomura's behalf to practically ignore their existence.

Again though, I could see them just turn up as people and being implied to have no memory of the shit they did be left at that
>>
File: Kingdom Hearts 1.5.jpg (874KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Hearts 1.5.jpg
874KB, 1280x720px
>>323423131

Uh... dude? Xemnas was a boss in Final Mix. Yea, we didn't get to experience the fight until like 7 years or so after KHII "introduced" him, but it was there.
>>
>>323422740
>He must have a heart. They're leaving behind TWO hearts to close the doors although only one was needed
This is pseudo answered in the KH1 Ultimania:
>---In the ending, why were Riku and the King on the other side of the door?
>Nomura: In the King’s case, he was on the other side from the beginning. The reason why the King disappeared was because in search for one of the two keys, he went to the other side of the world. He had an adventure unfold just like Sora, and he obtained the key and ended up there.
>In Riku’s case, his body was stolen by Ansem, so that means Riku’s heart was not in this realm anymore. As you saw on the other side of the door, it is darkness. And that side of the world, in other words, in the end Riku’s heart went to the world of when Ansem disappears and Riku’s body returns to him, he stayed in the world of darkness.
>---Then, why didn’t Riku go back to the other side of the door to this realm once he got back his body?
>Nomura: Various people ask me that as well, but it was clearly written in the World Prison’s computer. It said that only darkness can pass through that door. Riku and the King are not beings of darkness, so that is why they could not go through the door.
>---If that is so, the reason why those two are on the other side of a door they cannot pass... Riku went to the other side once he combined with Ansem. Since the King is there as well, does that mean there is another place where you can enter into the world of darkness without using that door?
>Nomura: Yes. The last words he left behind were “find the door to light”. In other words, he was saying find the door, other than the door that allows darkness to come and go, that allows light to come and go. darkness just like Ansem said.
http://kh-ultimania.livejournal.com/3508.html
>>
>>323423131
>two guys in black robes
>one of them is obviously Riku
>one of them looks kinda like Sora
>there are Heartless
>all those quotes flying around like "Where's Sora?"
>doesn't tie them to anything that happens in KH
How
>>
>>323423131
Xemnas is a boss in Final Mix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68oXoLpZPM
>>323423152
That's what I mean about Nomura being secretive/vague because that interview I first posted kind of implies different to what Xemnas says in 3D but that's kind of the fault of how the question is set up.
>>
File: awful.gif (719KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
awful.gif
719KB, 500x320px
>>323422740
Riku, though he inadvertently ended up at Hollow Bastion, through the corridors of darkness, went along with Maleficent willingly. She manipulates him, sure, but he's aware she has a motive.

"2 keys and 2 hearts are needed." - Mickey.
Also I'm pretty sure only heartless can actually pass through the door to darkness. They were trapped.

>>323422930
Oh yeah that's right, those two are the special ones. Even so, the people strong enough to be conscious nobodies, you'd think, would be strong enough to be conscious heartless as well.
I always wondered what happened to Isa to make him Saix, because Isa seems alright but Saix is a full blown fucking nutter. Who knows? Maybe it has something to do with what him and Lea were up to.
I hope all the Org comes back in some form though, it'd be pretty shitty to just dump them. It'll probably happen like that though.

>>323423131
It's Riku fighting Roxas. Pretty relevant. Xemnas is the Unknown, also relevant. Also relevant are Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and the guy with a cloak that leads Sora and Co to Castle Oblivion at the end, directly referencing the sequel.
I just dont think you paid attention. I don't blame you though, it's convoluted as all fuck. But it is there.
>>
>>323423463
>>323423131
That and Xemnas' dialogue in KH2, "I've been to see him, he looks a lot like you." is referring to the KH1 fight in Hollow Basition.
>>
>>323423413

To be fair, the original bonus video wasn't full of concrete ideas. Nomura literally said he just threw a bunch of shit into it for fun before actually coming up with what would occur in CoM and KHII. Probably one of the reasons why the battle with Roxas and Riku didn't get shown until Days
>>
>>323423610
oh SHIT nigger I'd forgotten about that

Such pottery.
>>
>>323423531
>I always wondered what happened to Isa to make him Saix, because Isa seems alright but Saix is a full blown fucking nutter. Who knows? Maybe it has something to do with what him and Lea were up to.
Like I said Nomura doesn't find them relevant, so who knows on that front. On this though, Axel and Saix have a couple scenes where they talk about how each other has changed and it's also hinted in their reports. To me it sounds like Saix did something to cause Axel to end the friendship, him getting 'Norted unwillingly kind of fits there as it seems Saix doesn't fully understand why Axel doesn't want to be his friend anymore and continue their plans. Like I referred to BbS earlier, some people think that they were sneaking around the castle again, got caught one unfortunate time and where experimented on. Subsequently turning into Nobodies and Heartless. The interesting thing about Saix is that he may have 2 Recusant's Sigil.
>>
>>323423531
>Also I'm pretty sure only heartless can actually pass through the door to darkness. They were trapped.
Pretty much, see >>323423358
>>
>>323423969
I buy that. It makes sense, I don't know if we'll see anything more.
>2
Name and face? or?

I always though Saix looked like Xemnas, in a way. So there's that.
>>
File: 1424889685762.png (440KB, 904x539px) Image search: [Google]
1424889685762.png
440KB, 904x539px
>>323423707
Nomura has been doing that fairly often sometimes it's not so obscure, such as Ventus popping up in Days.
>>323424262
X the in the Organization member's names is a confirmed one, the X on his face may be one.
>I always though Saix looked like Xemnas, in a way. So there's that.
Yeah that's kind of how people are identifying the Xehanorts. Compared to himself in BbS Saix's hair is duller/more grey overall, his eyes are yellow when they were green, and his ears are pointed when they previous were not. It's kind of the same situation with Xigbar/Braig. Braig's eyes are brown and his ears are regular for most of BbS then at some point his eyes turn yellow and his ears are pointed. In 3D he says that's already "Half-Xehanort".
>>
>>323424502
I think it makes sense for the scar to be one, Isa doesn't have it IIRC.

Oh shit, it's happening. Yellow eyes are a dead giveaway for me, I can't look past that. The KH plot is so goofy and silly but fuck it's entertaining.
>>
File: larxenamine.jpg (82KB, 399x573px) Image search: [Google]
larxenamine.jpg
82KB, 399x573px
>>
File: 1446474791171.gif (997KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
1446474791171.gif
997KB, 245x175px
>>323424760
Yeah but that brings up the question on why he would have 2? Maybe he was rebellious at some point and Xemnas did it to teach him a lesson or something. Even outside of them wanting to collect vessels for Big Daddy Xehanort, Xemnas seems like a very possessive man.
>>
>>323425040
Maybe he got double-Norted, which would explain why he's so cuhrayzee all of a sudden.

Xemnas is a madman, I wouldn't put it past him
>>
File: 1438138568684.png (142KB, 596x371px) Image search: [Google]
1438138568684.png
142KB, 596x371px
>>323425306
>Xemnas is a madman
Yeah but we know he has "soft" spots. And there's the line about sleep taking Roxas again in reference to Ventus. The Ultimanias pretty much confirming that he has Terra's memories is something I hope doesn't get too ignored in the upcoming games. The implications for Xemnas are fun to think about.
>>
>>323420349
>>323420159
>>323419530
>>323419421
>>323406090
Truly the best girl of the franchise.
>>
File: 1442377993712.jpg (119KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
1442377993712.jpg
119KB, 592x394px
>>323424502
>BBS
>Braig arrives in the graveyard, we see his eyepatch for the first time (or at least from Aqua/Ven's perspective)
>zooms in on his other eye
>it's yellow for some reason, unbeknownst to all but Nomura
>>
>>323426419
I'm just waiting for him to stab Xehanort in the back. At this point I'll be more upset if it DOESN'T happen.
>>
>>323425459
They'll have to address it in KH3, surely. Especially with the whole 2.8 thing.

>>323425890
Good taste my man. Post lewds
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.