[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of this series? I mean, just look at it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1417333161741.jpg (1MB, 2057x1526px) Image search: [Google]
1417333161741.jpg
1MB, 2057x1526px
What's the appeal of this series?

I mean, just look at it
>>
>>323395615
Gameplay is fun.
>>
>>323395615
Good gameplay, god tier music, fun character interactions, Disney based locations and characters, and Nomura's art is great
>>
When you walk away
>>
>>323395615
>Dat story
Most complicated story I've seen in a game. More complicated than stuff like Dark Souls where it's just simply not there, they lay it all out over so many games and link them together. Feel free to suggest more complicated stories. (Don't say MGS because that shit is childs play)
>>
File: 1437892101225.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1437892101225.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>323397269
>Nomura's art is great

Oh you. Almost had me for a moment.
>>
>>323398534
What's the source on this?
>>
>>323398534
I'm not the anon you replied to, but give reasons why this threw you off.
>>
>>323395615
i fully agree with your opinion, looking at mickeys smug edgelord face

I don't get why i like this series, i hate mickey, donald, and goofy's inclusion as core characters, and I hate that mickey is actually fairly important to the story

But like if you just removed ALL of the disney from the game, it would be a super tryhard square enix spiky hair belt bonanza and it would be embarassing

I think the disney aspect saves the asspull storyline because, "hey its disney, just have fun with it guise! It doens't have to make sense!"

but playing through shit like a snow white world makes me nauseous

I hate love kingdomhearts so much
>>
Yoko Shimomura
>>
>>323395615
between the Disney X FF moments, Disney money, god tier direction/development/post game/story. the first two games were great.

went full pants on head lets milk dis biznitch fo all it gotz from the third game and beyond however.
>>
>>323398534
He's done more than a few shit character designs, granted, but the "art" part of his art is pretty great usually.
>>
>>323395615
I just can't get into this, the FF deviantart tier mix with fucking Disney characters is too much for me
>>
>>323395615
It's made to appeal to people who like disney, FF, and The Power of Friendship. Which in japan and a lot of the US has a lot of overlap
>>
>>323396917
>not a single combo in the game will hit track properly from start to finish

>every game has one highly exploitable technique or spell that makes particularly annoying/poorly programmed enemies into pissants

> I'm talking about using mini on those fucking boots dude I hate them so much

There wasn't a single kh game where I wasn't FUMING over how your combo drops after two hits because you couldn't hit track the boss.

Not to mention the whole "only can kill the last 1hp of a boss with a combo finish" in kh2, which effectively meant "equip all your combo reducer skills because we don't know how to program a creative and fair boss fight"

Fuck kingdoms hearts why am I hyped for KH3
I know the combos still aren't going to work
>>
>>323399052
https://youtu.be/AI3vylRzuFo?t=30
>>
>>323399405
>only can kill the last 1hp of a boss with a combo finish" in kh2, which effectively meant "equip all your combo reducer skills because we don't know how to program a creative and fair boss fight"
Use Square to end a combo early into a finisher
Magic is an instant finisher

This was done so that only Sora could land the last hit on the boss.
>>
>>323398534
It's true though
>>
It's comfy
>>
>>323399405
>having problems comboing KH2 bosses
They have the biggest combo opportunities in the entire series. I dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>323399405
Literally just a few hours ago I fought Xigbar on 2.5 and none of my combos dropped. I think you'd have to actually force it to drop by yourself on most bosses.
>>
>>323399623
square to finish was a skill
magic is for faggots

this explains my frustration but still isn't an excuse for broken bosses

If you give me a billion combo extenders and a billion combo finish damage skills that are very swagger, then why can't i finish my combo on a boss, the only enemy in the game that can take the whole combo in the first place?

desu my favorite boss fights are the ones where you have to do something correctly like reflect attack during a vulnerability, so that the boss is dazed and you can actually use any swagger combo you want for tons of damage
>>
File: Vexen_KHD (1).png (2MB, 1866x2692px) Image search: [Google]
Vexen_KHD (1).png
2MB, 1866x2692px
>>323399723

you're funny
>>
>>323400281
>square to finish was a skill
There are a number of them
>magic is for faggots
Or people who want to end a boss fight fast.

>then why can't i finish my combo on a boss, the only enemy in the game that can take the whole combo in the first place?
But you can? Maybe you're just obscenely terrible at Kingdom Hearts.
Even Days has no problem finishing combos, and it has the worst, most floaty, wiff-y attack animations in the series.
>>
I'm very invested in the story and I enjoy it. Not in an ironic "It's so cuuhhrrazzzyyy", but I think it's enjoyable. Like a weird anime.
>>
>>323400547
>can't combo vexen
You're just really awful
>>
>>323400564
I sure must be doing something wrong then, because you can't be bad at the game.

If you guys are so sure it works, go ahead and do the mushroom no.8 challenge in one try. Tell me the hit tracking works after that, tell me that's done with skill and not pure cheese.
>>
>>323401626
You're aware that Mushroom VIII is basically a Rare Truffle on steroids, yeah? It bounces around and becomes harder to hit the more you hit it. That's the challenge.

It has nothing to do with hit tracking (I'm not even 100% sure what you mean by this) if you can't pull the combo off.

Also, Berserk Charge and Horizontal Slash make it a lot easier.
>>
File: 1428499985867.png (338KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1428499985867.png
338KB, 960x640px
gibe sequel nomura
>>
>>323398307
Ho, lee, shit. You are the twelve-est.
>>
>>323399052
This is why I couldn't get into it myself, let alone wrap my head around the concept. It's exactly as you said. I'm not attacking anyone who likes it, but I maybe can understand the first game, but after that, it just goes into a mess I really don't have the energy to comprehend.
>>
>>323398534
He wasn't joking.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.