[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game makes you wander around aimlessly to find where to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pyG5-ARc.jpg (55KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
pyG5-ARc.jpg
55KB, 552x552px
>game makes you wander around aimlessly to find where to go
>there's no consistency or logic, just random shit to collect, buttons to press, and doors to open

Why do so many games do this shit?
>>
>>323370426
What games do this? Are you sure you're not just retarded?
>>
stop playing open world games
>>
>>323370426
>being a disgusting frog posting casual from Buzzfeed who feels there still isn't enough hand-holdy spoon-feedy bullshit in the vidya
>>
>>323370685
They're usually not even open world. They're usually story based adventure games but they have one convoluted path that you have to do arbitrary shit to continue along

>>323370612
DMC, SOMA, Valiant Hearts, Life is Strange, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Dark Souls (Demon's Souls does not do this, its world design is actually great)
>>
>>323371212
This has nothing to do with being casual. I enjoy puzzles and exploration. What I do not enjoy is shitty "videogamey" time wasters that devs feel obliged to throw in their games to artificially lengthen them. It gets aggravating wandering around to see which random piece of the environment I need to interact with to continue, especially when there's only one convoluted solution that the game shoehorns you down. There's usually little logic or consistency with the game world with these. It's just random shit you need to do to progress.
>>
>>323371782
>I enjoy puzzles and exploration
>>323371782
>It gets aggravating wandering around to see which random piece of the environment I need to interact with to continue, especially when there's only one convoluted solution
>>323371782
>I enjoy puzzles and exploration.
>>323371782
>>323371782

Suuure you do.
>>
>>323372153
Puzzle games like Portal 2, Prof. Layton, Talos Principle, Catherine, etc.

Not garbage like "find the random shiny object and put it in the slot to open the door"
>>
>>323370612

dark souls 2
>>
>>323370612

Super metroid
>>
>>323371269
>DMC
what? if you get stuck in any DMC game you're genuinely stupid
>>
>>323370612
Pretty much every old adventure game does this shit.
>>
File: 1414647397566.png (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414647397566.png
31KB, 500x500px
>>323372586
Autism/10
>>
>>323372796
It's not about getting stuck. It's about an action game with a focus on combat being bogged down by wandering around finding random objects and figuring out what the game wants you to do with them.

Every other action game out there doesn't weigh the experience down with menial repetitive shit like this.
>>
>>323370426
that one wojack in the gang is the most dangerous one. There's no telling what he had to do to be accepted.
>>
>>323373179
Well the first game was supposed to be a resident evil game.
That said the majority of it is a straight line.
>>
>>323373914
Nah. He's the low man on totem. A meat toilet if you will.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.