[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5 years of development The fuck were they doing during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
>5 years of development

The fuck were they doing during all that time?
>>
>>323361317
It wasn't 5 years
>>
>>323361317
they looked at new vegas and asked themselves "how do we create the antithesis of this?"
>>
They also did the elder scrolls online thing somewhere in there
>>
>>323361317
Eating and writing shit because fo4 is too
>>
>>323361317
I honestly think most of that time was them trying to make the story
And the only reason i think that is because of how much they emphasized the main plot through out the game
...shame about though
>>
>>323361317
I made a thread but it's soon going to die washed away but the shitfest this boards synthesizes, so I'll try it here:
...Poor Soul
Lower than low
01/09/16(Sat)21:34:06 No.323361212
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
My pc is old but I can play up to 2011 games with almost no problems. I really wish to play fallout 4 since I'm a big fan of the franchise. Thing is, my pc actually can run it, but the the performance is so shit that it isn't actually playable. A couple frames per second in open areas. 1 second per frame if there are lot of enemies or npcs around.
Is there a way to reduce the graphics setting beyond "low"? Some commands lines or proto modding to turn off some visual effects, light effects, textures, shadows, smoke and fog, you know, anything visual that might help the game run faster? I know it sounds vile, but that's how I've been playing all my life. As a poor pc gamer, good graphics are not part of my experience. I'm only in for the gameplay and somehow the story and lore.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>323361662
That was zenimax.
>>
>>323361662
The team that made fallout 4 didn't have anything to do with ESO that was made by a different studio
>>
>>323361317
Yes I was very upset that we couldn't actually change the gender of our character. We can chose between wife and husband, one spouse or the other, but not really genderswap, which makes being in a heterossexual marriage mandatory and a huge part of the game. Huge disappointment. What good is an rpg if I can't be gay?
>>
>>323362054
Having frames in the singles makes it difficult. But there's plenty of online optimization guides. This mod helps to http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73/? Good luck broke anon.
>>
>>323362054
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nU8n9Y_hGoQ
>>
>>323362454
The problem is Bethesda now wants to make cinematic, linear games. But feel they have to keep doing open world stuff. They also have a new head writer who is shit. Which annoys because their is occasional instances of really good writing probably done by other people.
>>
>>323361317
FO4 is probably one of the worst games from a AAA company that I've ever played.
>>
>>323361317

stop asking me questions goddammit
>>
File: 1415308035871.png (362KB, 644x628px) Image search: [Google]
1415308035871.png
362KB, 644x628px
>>323361317
>looks as shitty as NV or Skyrim
>somehow requires higher spec PC
>>
>>323361317
Carefully calculating the perfect mass-market entertainment product, like a producer meticulously crafting the next multi-billion special FX blockbuster, or the next boy band.

It worked.
>>
>>323362054
Dude, just don't even try.
Low to ultra isn't noticable, that is, it's still the washed out bullshit.

There is some ini tuning available in the modders community, but holy hell are they mostly useless.

You can't turn must things off, just adjust some values. Going into the lower values sometimes mean it's getting broken to holy hell.

I wish you the best of luck in trying, but i'd rather not waste my time with F4.
>>
>>323362504
>>323362809
Thank you very much anons.
>>323363610
I've been out of the gaming industry for awhile now... Damn, it's been years actually. The only games I'm playing are the sequels of the franchises I used to love. It's the only thing left for me. I appreciate your help, but I guess I gotta give it a try at least.
>>
>>323361954
Five years for a cliched mess with no choices. Woo-hoo!
>>
>>323361317
I just bought this game right now. Am I going to be bored within a week? Did Todd claim another victim?
>>
>>323366926
I have 119 hours and i got bored already. I didnt even finished the main story. Game is so shallow and repetive that is sad.

Bethesda went way too far with the "freedom of choice go anywhere you want"
>>
>>323367536
I'm installing it right now. Answer me this: Is it worse than skyrim? Because skyrim was pretty fucking awful and was clearly made for consoles.
>>
>>323361317
The loading times for this game a five fucking years long.
>>
>>323367672
I much prefer Fallout to TES and I think skyrim is better, because like most bethesda games is slightly less casual and boring than the next one
>>
>>323369578
Damn, well I guess I'll try to have fun for a week at least. Thanks for the input anon
>>
>>323361317
Thinking up names for Codsworth to say
>>
>>323361317

jerking each other off
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.