[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>RPG >have a hard decision to make >people look up the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: I just don't know anymore.webm (688KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
I just don't know anymore.webm
688KB, 1000x563px
>RPG
>have a hard decision to make
>people look up the consequences of each decision on the internet before deciding

Why does everyone play RPGs wrong these days?

No one ever wants to live with their decisions like you do in real life.
>>
>not happy with the outcome
>reload save and pick other option
>>
>>323359150
Different people enjoy games differently

Stop getting mad because people dont play your way
>>
File: 1439591739053.png (239KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1439591739053.png
239KB, 600x582px
You don't want to make decisions in real life and have to face the consequences they bring.
It's easier to stand still.
That's why you're here.
>>
>[glass him]
>>
>>323359150
>Game is so shit that you have to do that in order to just finish the game once and never pick it up again.
>>
>>323359150
Because living with your responsibilities isn't fun, it's a reminder of mistakes made in the past and how they sometimes never be repaired. That hurts people,and people don't want to be hurt by games. They want safe hugboxes that give them occasional feelings of real decision-making. That way they feel mature while actually being really immature.
>>
>live with their decisions
>wanting to live with your shit decisions
>>
>game has choices
>one choice is being literally Jesus
>the other choice is being literally worse than hitler
>people still look it up on the internet
>>
Id say that mostly happens due to ambiguous options. Most decisions in life offer more definitive consequences.
>>
File: 1390304317255s.jpg (2KB, 69x120px) Image search: [Google]
1390304317255s.jpg
2KB, 69x120px
>>323359150

>RPG
>you are rewarded better when asking or demanding compensation for your quest
>cucking yourself and doing it for free
>>
File: okay whatever man.webm (623KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
okay whatever man.webm
623KB, 1000x563px
The internet is honestly the worst thing to happen to games.

People are too fucking stupid to try and figure out things for themselves so the second something blocks their progression they just look up the solution.
>>
>>323359396

>not happy with outcome
>kill them
>happy with outcome
>>
>>323359150

You say that, but if you had the power to see the outcomes of your actions you'd abuse the shit out of it. Anyone would, it's cheating at life.
>>
>>323360063

You always have the option to not live with those responsibilities and just say fuck it.

The best way to deal with your problems is to not deal with them.
>>
>>323360534
Witcher 3 did this. I pressed absolutely everyone for cash and there was no consequence what so ever.
>>
I find games to have too many wildcards when it comes to choices.

Sometimes you'll have the choice to kill a real shitbag, and if you do, he might come back halfway across the game and kill your waifu.

If it's possible to foresee consequences by logical thinking, it's fine.
If not, hell yes I'll look it up.
>>
>tfw you dont give a fuck about choices in games and would rather the game tell a story worth a damn

Only choices that matter to me are how to get to the next zone
>>
>>323361817
yeah but then people like >>323362820 play the game and are mad that their character can't reach the ending, as if the RPG isn't supposed to be a real world you enter but instead a theme park with attractions to be seen, appreciated, and then left.
>>
People don't want to miss out on content in a game. Sometimes a choice will lock you out of an item, character, story, boss, whatever without you knowing it and that upsets people.
>>
>>323365309
this is a problem though, it encourages devs to make games that are only worth playing once. used to be the reason you played the game over and over was because of those cut-off choices, you wanted to see what you might have missed out on by doing X over Y. Instead you get a game that's the same thing every time, and if not then it has really obvious A/B choices that put you down one path or another so you can very easily find out the spot where you should reload for next time.

Games like these should be worlds but the players treat them like they're checklists.
>>
>>323361064
implying there are rules.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.