[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zombie Survival Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

>be me
>currently working on the development of the first high quality game of my country

/v/ what did you want to see on a mmo zombie survival game?

pic related
(we dont have nice concept arts, yet)
>>
Something that isn't a buggy piece of shit, and actually has enough content to be playable.
Don't make Dayz2.0
>>
>>323350279
Hue hue
>>
>>323350279
>mmo
>survival

pick one
>>
>>323350279
I want to see no more mmo zombie survival games
>>
>>323350279
-Make stealth a viable option
-make zombies a perpetual threat regardless of the day/night system.
-make a single player open world adventure
-make zombie boss fights
-first person only and make sure you have body awareness instead of two floating arms holding a gun.
>>
>>323350279
>high quality game
>multiplayer survival game

Come on Fernando
>>
>be me
you lost me
>>
>>323350279
>Zombie Survival Game
it's shit son
>>
>>323350279
>Developing the first high quality game of an entire country
>It's an mmo zombie survival game.

If I was the leader of your country I'd have you hanged.
>>
>>323350279
>no stupid "THE ZOMBIES GET STRONGER AT NIGHT" shit
>different ways of playing? maybe a cover system for stealth, think about deus ex
>for the world, prefer it being a compact, comfy one with lots of homes, and the woods being not too big, or maybe big but with lots of shit in it
>instead of EMPTY, EMPTY buildings and apartments, decorate them neatly, and have lots of loot - maybe lots of things but in lesser quantity (instead fo finding a whole medikit, maybe a bandage but also 2 bullets and an utensil)
>nice crafting system if it's gotta have one, think about unturned
>vary the environment - different buildings like bases, houses, laboratories, factories, farms, sheds, etc.
>make it not being a pain in the ass being killed everytime and being respawned and having to get into the whole game again
>>
>first high quality game of my country
WE WUZ DEVELOPERS
>>
>>323351610
>>323351392
Dude, we are a indie studio, our country has been producing shit like this http://store.steampowered.com/app/314360/
Brazil dont have a single game with nice graphics and gameplay
>>
>>323352019
And you're gonna beat them with another Zombie survival game?
>>
>>323350279
1. Do NOT make 28 Days Later style fast zombies / zeds that look like angry people with skin and eye diseases. Slowly moving, actually dead, yet re-animated sad meatdolls (like in the original Resident Evil) are much more emotionally packed, and thus provide a much more disturbing effect when player's surrounded by a pack of them.

2. Do NOT make zombies be HP-bar dependent bullet sponges. Yes, it's good that they can take a lot of beating to anything but the head, but don't go Dead Island on things. Think ways to add believable variation to different zombie "types", like different gear or clothing on them providing better resistance to damage, etc. Zombie animals are also under-utilized nowadays.

3. No monthly fees or microtransanctions.

4. Want the players to actually have fun? Make the "survival" elements light enough. Think STALKER; you don't spend half the game looking for food or house building materials. Instead you explore a lot, complete tasks, and slowly upgrade your arsenal in order to take on the much more challenging missions / areas.

5. Less "dakka dakka", more low-tech weaponry.

6. Low budget, but want to get noticed? Stylize it to the max! No, do not go 8 / 16-bit pixel graphics on this. That is overdone to death. Also don't coat your game with BLOOM and BLUR.
>>
File: 1426212519820.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1426212519820.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>323352019
>Brazilian indie zombie survival
>>
File: re2 female zombie concept.jpg (185KB, 1215x3074px) Image search: [Google]
re2 female zombie concept.jpg
185KB, 1215x3074px
>>323352420
>Slowly moving, actually dead, yet re-animated sad meatdolls (like in the original Resident Evil) are much more emotionally packed
in case people have already forgotten what this meant.
>>
>>323352440
Is that the worst possible combination?
>>
Don't make a fucking open world zombie game.
>>
File: 1445396366937.jpg (87KB, 330x332px) Image search: [Google]
1445396366937.jpg
87KB, 330x332px
>>323352019
>Brazil
>Multiplayer Zombie Survival
>>
>>323350279
>zombie
>survival
>facebook picture
Ah yes this is going to be a shit thread.
>>
File: 1349025012009.jpg (186KB, 448x458px) Image search: [Google]
1349025012009.jpg
186KB, 448x458px
>>323352624
I'm trying to find an answer to that but all my mind can produce is a thousand huehuehues echoing from the walls of my skull, steadily increasing in volume, consuming my thoughts, my soul, my flesh, my body and spirit.
>>
>>323350279

I guess the real test is whether you can make the game stand out from the crowd. There ain't no shortage of survival sandbox games on Steam.

>Don't release into early access (closed then open beta is fine as long as it's within a set time period)

>Make sure there's enough content for both PvP and PvE players

>Good looking character models

>MUSIC, Reign of kings is probably the only survival sandbox pvp game that I've played with nice soundtracks in the world.

>Don't make it P2W

>Ensure the servers don't suck as, pretty much makes or breaks the pvp in survival games.

the list goes on but you get the idea. Just don't make another buggy mess that sits in early access for months on end.
>>
Just make a post apocalyptic Darkest Dungeon
>>
>>323352538
>>323352420
>>323351635
>>323350969
>>323353003

I'm saving suggestions, thx
>>
>>323350279
Have hostile npc groups or lone survivors that can hunt you. Gangs, racist militias, crazies, army units, stuff like that. You can run across them out and about or they might see you from a distance and start tracking you.
>>
>>323352440
>Low on heatlh
>Almost dawn
>Hueeehhh... Hueeeehhh...
>A Zo- Infected spots you
>HUEEEEH
>Fuckload of infected rush in
>HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE
RIP in pieces Carminho.
Try again? [Y/N]
>>
>>323350635
This. Is it really that much to ask for?
>>
>>323353268
This is really nice bro
>>
File: ZombieGame.png (64KB, 1406x988px) Image search: [Google]
ZombieGame.png
64KB, 1406x988px
Basically the good stuff from Cataclysm is what I want to see in most zombie games.
>>
>>323353504
Fuck dayz, we dont want something like that
>>
>>323353130

Do you think you'll need to release into early access?
>>
>>
>>323353915
that's a big gun
>>
>>323352019
I have to be honest, that looks far more interesting than a zombie survival mmog.
>>
>>323353130
- DO NOT make a toggled map or minimap. Only have maps scattered across the land that indicate the local suroundings

- If its first person then PLEASE make it so I see my body when I look downwards. Its a little touch that makes the whole thing feel more immersive

- Do something that hasnt been done yet. I dont think there are any zombie survival games that have an intricate underground area?

- Weapon progression shouldn't be the main focus. My AR shouldn't be thrown away 20 min later when I find a epic purple AR of quick-scoping. Attachments and ammo types is the way to go.
>>
>>323351868
kek
>>
>>323354208
For you
>>
>>323353674
You fail at reading comprehension, don't you?
>>
>>323353130
Zombies need to be slow and they need to be in huge numbers. If a whole city is infected there should be hundredths if not thousands.
>>
>>323350279
What zombie games/media are lending inspiration to the creative development? Zombie games can go in so many directions that I don't want to list things that aren't even in the realm of possibility for what you're making.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 640x802px
Add some features that are uncommon in other zombie survival games - there are already tons of them on steam so honestly you shouldn't be creating that type of game to begin with

Just make a hungergames-esque game instead with added zombies. Much more fun and there aren't many of them except for H1Z1.
>>
>>323350279
Here is what you need for success:
- Base building element
- Highest tier shit should be fucking valuable
- PvE should be a constant threat; not just regular zombies, specials (Like in L4D) and stuff like death robots and hostile rocket choppers really help
- No BS when you get shot. Realism < Gameplay, and it should never be about who shoots first. Guns should only rarely OHK and return fire skill shouldn't be diminished like in DayZ.
- Look at other survival games and see where they succeeded and failed. Rust is successful, as is ARK, as is (Forgive me, Lord, for I have sinned) Minecraft. Analyse them, study them, see how you can improve.
- Make the game run well. I do not play DayZ because it performs like shit. I will not play your game if it performs like shit.

If you make it, they will come.
>>
>>323350969
>-make a single player open world adventure

>mmo
>>
>>323352420
>3. No monthly fees or microtransanctions.

>mmo
>>
>>323355347
>hundredths
>>
>>323358702
Believe it or not, true single-pay and free to play MMOs exist.

Also nobody considers these DayZ clones "MMOs".
>>
>>323350969
None of this poop

Make it polished
Make movement feel real and fluid
Make it feel natural and make running feel like running.
Make combat feel smooth
>>
>>323359107
Guild Wars is the last single pay MMO I can think of. GW2's has microtransactions. Single pay doesn't work for MMO's because the amount of sales decreases (duh) but the amount of upkeep increases and that still needs to be paid for.

The guy used the term MMO. That means there is going to be lots of people and that requires dedicated servers, maintenance, GM's and so on, all costs money. You're right that DayZ et al aren't considered MMO's; hence why, if he meant something similiar, he wouldn't have used that term.

ARK, DayZ, H1HZ or whatever aren't really MMO's, but I think H1 has microtransactions too. The guy either has to put that shit in, or has to make money some other way. If it's a one off payment and there is no dedicated servers or you have to host your own, he wouldn't need much income. But, that's the thing, monthly fee and microtransactions are, unfortunately, incentives, just like DLC. They could sell the game and keep balancing, patching, updating, until they stop selling it regularly, then go "lol, no more updates 4 u :)". Just like the Pokemon Clone MMO, Moonrise did. I bought it, then six months later they go "lol we're closing it down in December 31st ;) Thanks 4 u monies". That had microtransactions too and that didn't make enough, so how does a one off payment inspire people to keep going and not run off with the cash like lots of other game devs have done? Like that dinosaur game.

Thankfully UK laws changed a few months ago to protect you, but Steam doesn't follow them and that makes it a problem, but maybe a dev would if they're not as big as Valve.
>>
>>323350279
Zombies who are actually dangerous.
>>
>>323350279
>No third person
>Don't use a shitty engine
>No "Early Access" - Open beta or full release

Follow these guidelines and you'll generate something that's apart from every other shitty zombie sandbox survival mmo crafting indie shitfest out there.
>>
>another zombie mmo meme game

stop what you're doing and make jurassic park operation genesis 2 but name is prehistoric world or something so no copyright
>>
Give up. Don't make something that was already made thousand times before. Make a game that's original. Do not repeat the formula, because you think it sells well.
If you are from Mongolia or whatever, make a game that's inspired by your culture. You will get attention, because it's different, but don't rely on that. Gameplay is always the most important thing. Make a single player game first. MMOs are the most difficult genre to develop.
>>
>>323360858
>I like thing
>But I don't follow any possible production of a thing i like!

http://www.playmesozoica.com/
>>
No fucking crafting or base building

Give the player an objective beyond survival, like escaping the quarantine zone

This can let you have more enemies than zombies, like rival looters and military clean up squds
>>
File: image.jpg (341KB, 699x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341KB, 699x390px
>>323350279
OP ignore everyone else.

The feature I want is the ability to RAPE other players and NPCs, male or female or other. I want to even be able to rape zombies. I want the rape to be animated, no cut out to black bullshit. Raping should give me buff and a debuff to the victim. There should be an STD mechanism implemented. I should also be able to kill the victim after the rape.

Do it OP if you aren't a lying little faggot. You will get a huge audience and free media attention, which will grow your audience even more.

Let me roleplay for fucks sake.
>>
>>323362213
How would an MMO work with an end goal like that? That's like going "When you finish levelling in an MMO, it's game over and you have to level a new character!"
>>
>>323350279
Just steal the idea from COD zombies and have infinitely spawning zombies on the map.

Rare items are randomly spawned around the map/server that online players need to find.

Focus on shooting to survive and hordes that get progressively harder and bigger the longer you are outside of a safe zone...

JUST FUCKING DO IT ANON! if your development team makes another dayz crafting minecraft bullshit then prepare to make a tiny profit on steam
>>
Make a time machine and go back to when "muh zombie bang bang" games were popular.
>>
>>323362402
Oh, I forgot

dont make it an MMO, have drop-in multiplayer if you simply must have others tagging along..
>>
>>323350279
>find shelter
>maintain shelter
>scout for supplies
>emphasis on stealth and avoiding zombies

You know, like every single zombie 'survival' game claims to be before turning out to be a generic shooter.
>>
>>323361887
it will never be out
>>
>>323352019
How about trying to make something original instead of doing something that market is oversaturated with. People won't give a single fuck about another shitty zombie survival mmo when about 3 new ones come out in the meantime. Try making something original ffs
>>
>>323350279
we dont want to see that
>>
>>323362357
And then watch it be banned from sale in USA and UK. The two biggest Western markets. Good job, dickhead, now the game won't sell and nobody has anything.

There is a reason this shit isn't allowed. Want to make a rape simulator? Go make one your fucking self. Stop forcing other people to cater to your fetish, especially when they're trying to start a company.

If you think it'll be "so cash" and "make you so much money lol", then you do it. Go on, go present your idea to investors, sure they'll lap it up. Or start a Kickstarter or something.

I mean, it worked for Rapelay, right? You know, a Japanese Rape Simulator game that barely sold anything and wasn't available to buy outside Japan, meaning, as a company, you don't make any money from the people getting the game.

Go play Hellmoo or Skyrim or some shit. Let's forget the legal issues, the fact it's financial suicide and will just make video game developers more hated, more left-wing to avoid critizism by assosication and more of what /v/ hates will be common place.

How the fuck would it work against other players, hm? I mean, people would just go around spamming "rape" button and force the animation. Or maybe it's a stat? You need more strength than others? Well, that means making a stat system and making it possible to upgrade them... oh, but then that means higher levels will automatically be able to go around raping low levels, literally, this time, all because they have better stats in Strength. Whats that? You got an STD now? Lol, good luck with that, newfag. Oh and you got a debuff, I get a buff. Enjoy that, newfag. This totally won't alienate the customers, make people complain about it being unfair and make it be just a couple of hundred 14 year olds fapping over raping other people.

Kill. Your. Self. Especially since what you want can be achieved via singleplayer games which don't have the 'feature' as standard. Oh and Rapelay, of course, and the dozens of other SP hentai rape games.
>>
>>323354972

Lol'd
>>
>>323363298
did you really have to shit yourself over a throwaway b8 post

or is this some elaborate samefag?
>>
File: 1429032029413.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1429032029413.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>323350279
The world does not need any more early access zombie survival games.
>>
>players work together to overcome zombies instead of just killing each other
>>
>>323363298
You actually wrote all this shit? Jesus christ, end youself.

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1452387812612.webm
>>
>>323362357
>There should be an STD mechanism implemented

I see, so you're an 'ideas' guy..
>>
>>323363836
>b-b-b8

/v/ loves Socratic irony, doesn't it?

This shit is said every fucking time and it's boring as fuck. I don't even hate the idea, I think it'd be awesome, difference is, I know it would cause so much shit that it's better to keep rape games to the Japanese and obscure indie hentai games which are single player.

The fact games like Skyrim have rape mods means it's a feature enough people want for it to be made, meaning people would actually want it to be part of an MMO. The guy wouldn't even be allowed to put nudity in it without crappy income reducing labels applied to it and the liberal fucks going "hur dur dis y gaymers r rapists!!!".

There is a reason Age of Conan and Scarlet Blade don't show vulvas. There is a reason that Witcher 3 removed pubic hair from the series, despite it being in 1 and 2.
>>
>>323364505
>https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1452387812612.webm

not him, but this is some prime bait, have some (You). It's genius, not only is a shitpost, but it contains the essence of egotism, the "kys fám" memeing and instead of posting a webm, uses a crossboard link as well. I've seen this a couple of times today and it's pretty good. thanks m8, ill be using this in my shitposting technique from now on.
>>
>>323364889
the hell you on about?
>>
>>323365320
ur post, was pretty good shitposting bait, i explained y it was good, gonna use it myself
>>
>>323362357
Careful with those edges kid.
>>
Make the zombies a viable threat.
Seriously.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.