[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's funny how much playing Metal Slug digitally through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg (35KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg
35KB, 316x316px
It's funny how much playing Metal Slug digitally through emulation ruins the challenge. The games are still fuck as fuck, and you need to git gud to do no death runs and shit. But just beating them is piss easy when you can just hammer continues forever.

I never noticed it as a child, but the challenge in beating Metal Slug really just came down to how deep your pocket was.
>>
>but the challenge in beating Metal Slug really just came down to how deep your pocket was.

You can literally said this of every arcade game
>>
The way I play fighting games in arcade mode is I give myself one extra credit. If I can't beat the game on two credits I forfeit after the second loss.
>>
>>323350175
Metal Slug is literally about score though. Try beating those fuckers with less than 10 continues. That's fucking challenging. 1cc'ing is INSANE.
>>
>>323350175

The rule I have when playing arcade games is seeing how much cash I have in my wallet at the time and play as far as that will afford me.

Dante Must Die Mode - It's a jew laundromat that set credits to 50 cents.
>>
>>323350175
>just hammer continues forever
You are not really supposed to do that mate. There is a reason why you get 1 point any time you continue.
>>
File: Aha.jpg (287KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aha.jpg
287KB, 1280x720px
Just because you can do something, that does not mean that you should.

1ccs are entirely possible and done pretty often, arcade games come down to two things in fact:
- How much you're willing to spend, as you mentioned
- How good you are at the game.
>>
File: 126px-Funky_Festival.png (39KB, 126x185px) Image search: [Google]
126px-Funky_Festival.png
39KB, 126x185px
>>323350175

>I never noticed it as a child, but the challenge in beating Metal Slug really just came down to how deep your pocket was.

The challenge of beating Metal Slug is doing the entire campaign with one credit.

Anything after that is just you being bad at video games. Yeah, you beat it, but you wasted your money doing it.

The worst part is that if the devs included a forced credit limit to arcade games, they'd get bad reviews for sticking to "archaic" designs.

And then they still get shit on when they include unlimited credits because now the game is "too easy".
>>
OP, if you use a single continue, you haven't beaten the game.

Beyond some exceptions like Gauntlet, the majority of arcade games are designed to be beaten on one credit.
>>
>>323353645
The Metal Slugs on Steam have the ability to play with unlimited continues or with 10 or 25 credits.
>>
>>323350175
>beating Metal Slug really just came down to how deep your pocket was.
That applies to every arcade game
>>
Can you guys stop with the skill bullshit? this game favors knowledge of the game far more then being actually good at dodging and shooting.

It's all about knowing when to violate the grenade button.
>>
>>323351748
I watched a friend's brother beating X with one life in the Neo Geo's version survival mode.
My friend was Japanese.
>>
>>323350175
Unlimited continues and proud fag. Why not just use mame to set the maximum amount of coins you can use.
>>
File: Vehicle.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vehicle.webm
3MB, 960x720px
I think I never beat the first Metal Slug without using less than 4 continues.
>>
Metal Slug 3 > Metal Slug > Metal Slug 2/X

X wasn't even that good. The end boss is cheap.
>>
>>323354964
What about 4, 5 and 6?
>>
>>323355119
I haven't played any of them enough to form an opinion. I only ever played the first three growing up. 4, 5, and 6 came out after my arcade days. and I don't count a couple runs on an emulator as enough experience to form an opinion.
>>
File: Cacodemon.png (137KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
Cacodemon.png
137KB, 466x492px
>>323354964
>X's end boss is cheap
>While praising 3
>>
>play metal slug with cheats because im lazy and dont want a challenge
>play nearly every day all the time

>playing 3
>final boss
>die from one of those green bubble things
>i forgot to turn cheats on and nearly 1CC'd the game legitly
let this be a lesson to everyone
>>
>>323356196
I might have just gotten gud at Metal Slug by the time 3 came out, I didn't find it as cheap as the end boss of X. That fucking UFO constantly dropping little UFOs, with like no prisoners to give you weapons for 80% of the fight. If you enter that fight with a pistol it's fucking cheap.
>>
>>323357013
The final boss of 3 more or less requires you to abuse the invincibility frames of entering-exiting the tank to beat it safely.
>>
>>323357013

MSX gives you a fully functioning Metal Slug in the middle of the fight and the Mini-UFO ships drop weapons when you're low on ammo.

Not to mention the fact that the attack patterns are incredibly predictable.

Design wise, MSX's final boss is in no way cheap when compared to MS3. It absolutely is not.
>>
>>323354456
>Blood isn't turned on.

Why even bother.
>>
>>323350175
The goal of these games is to 1CC it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.