[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Blizzards writing go from this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: tas1.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tas1.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
How did Blizzards writing go from this.
>>
File: ker1.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ker1.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
To this?
>>
Metzen
>>
File: kyl-orcp-gromdeath.jpg (21KB, 580x264px) Image search: [Google]
kyl-orcp-gromdeath.jpg
21KB, 580x264px
For the same reason that it went from this.
>>
File: wowscrnshot_062811_160937.jpg (230KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wowscrnshot_062811_160937.jpg
230KB, 1366x768px
To this.
>>
>>323347106
>writing
Well, for starters anon one of the key points there would be precisely that one of those two endings HAD NO WORDS. It was solid and told its story purely through visuals, art direction, and music. Whereas in the other there was a need to flap their fucking gums. Also, glorious, fitting warrior end with the opportunity just barely created through many hard battles vs NEXT TIME ON STARCRAFTBALL ZZZ, TRUE LUB CHORZEN ONEZ.
>>
>>323347575
The ending was like an autistic 6th grader playfight where one of the kids just said

>im god now and you lose

Meanwhile the ending with Tassadar.
Shunned by his people not able to realize the real threat of the Zerg, youre on a last stand on Aiur with no Hope, Tassadar only able with the help of the Dark Templar and even Raynors Terrans plus his own suicide to destroy the Overmind to "maybe" stop the Zerg.

I doubt he knew anything like Brood War would happen and theres no way he could, but he did it anyways.
>>
>>323347106
>>323348121
Basically Metzen is addicted to "prophecy" and "chosen ones" without realizing how 99.999% of the time that's a fucking retarded premise that completely ruins everything, robs everyone of any agency, robs the plot of any drama, invites deus ex machina everywhere, and on and on. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to do decently, but it's rare and it's also just unnecessary.
>>
File: 1442109159639.gif (555KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442109159639.gif
555KB, 300x300px
>Tassadar died in vain

TO HELL WITH YOU TOO METZEN
>>
>>323350113
>>323348121

That's justice, isn't it?

>protoss who questions mindlessly killing billions gets exiled and nearly executed by his race
>by the time they see his point and agree with him, he already sacrificed himself to stop the zerg from overtaking their homeworld, costing him his life, but ensuring that the zerg do not kill everyone

>Kerrigan gets to murder billions
>"lol it's okay she's god now"
>>
>>323347407
what the fuck

i stopped paying attention to warcraft after WOTLK, can someone explain this shit to me
>>
>>323350815
Hahaha, be prepared my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJr3giQsxo4

Warcraft is literally Disney now.
>>
File: 1427216487619.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1427216487619.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>323351329
jesus christ
>>
I saw a trailer for the Warcraft movie the other day. It seems to take place in the time of Warcraft 1. But God did it look awful.
>>
File: why.jpg (66KB, 394x600px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
66KB, 394x600px
>>323350282
Actually it's even better then that anon: Tassadar didn't merely die in vain, his entire sacrifice was negated and turned into a non-event. He's now a wise old sage spirit floating around that you can talk to. Overlord literally DIDNU NUTTIN', he was just manipulated by evil and was actually trying to save the universe & the zerg, who weren't created from a parasite but were actually originally a nobile savage race the PRIMAL ZERG! Overlord was a victim! Tassadar respects his great efforts! I through up in my mouth a bit just remembering all this shit holy fuck FUCK FUCKASD FRJLASKDJFDSL;KGHASDL;KFHDLSA;KFJAL;KSJF
>>
I feel like going back and replaying Starcraft, but I have no idea how to get it in windowed mode.
>>
>>323347106
>>323347154
Both are awful

Although the christian imagery is even worse, and Blizzard back then didn't have the resources to get the best writers as they do now, so modern Blizzard's writing is even more awful, I guess.
>>
>>323351937

>his entire sacrifice was negated and turned into a non-event. He's now a wise old sage spirit floating around that you can talk to

Anon, I don't know how to say this, but uh, that wasn't Tassadar. It was revealed to have been a Xelnaga impersonating him to get Zeratul to put the events of Starcraft2 into motion.

I don't know if that makes it better or worse. I'll leave that to you.
>>
>>323351957
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlS74Yj148
>awful
Seriously anon? I'm not saying it was Shakespeare or anything, but honestly even today I think it was a perfectly decent and adequate finale. The pacing was fine, the build up was fine. Even with the now extremely dated CG I still find it to be a pretty enjoyable little short. I'd understand "dated" or "simple" or whatever, it was just an RTS, but "awful"?
>>
I do not hate SC2, but man do I hate it's story.
>>
Kasebein, did you make this thread after I told you I was gonna start playing again?
>>
>>323352164
Huh. That's what I get for stopping paying much attention to the story bits out of WoL in a desperate attempt to dull the pain. But that's... still really retarded. And I'd argue it still doesn't negate the shit about the zerg. Originally they were just ALIEN, and awesome in that respect. They were "villains" but unapologetic and the Overmind was not stupid, it just had a different view of how history should work out and was trying to achieve something greater then mundane existence. I'm not sure if "only pretending" is better or worse actually, it's just, shit vs shit, but I don't think it changes the whole original series being raped either.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.